Fun, fresh and romantic KC wedding photographer

With a degree in Photojournalism and a passion for people, I have truly found my purpose in life with wedding photography and documenting the moments and relationships during your wedding day. Your story; how you met, came together and the traditions you're creating for future generations is my favorite part of the job! Awarded the Knot Hall of Fame, Best of Weddings, Editor's Choice award, and Be Seen 2008 award. Featured weddings in Brides Magazine, The Knot magazine, KC Weddings, EA Bride, Her Life, KC Spaces, and Smitten Magazine plus many online wedding blogs. I have 12 years of wedding photography experience and photographed over 350 weddings in Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City and destinations including Grand Cayman, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Colorado and South Carolina.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

1625 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO Kansas City area and beyond (913) 948-3918

Heather Brulez Photography- FANTASTIC!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Lauren W

We got so lucky in finding Heather Brulez. We were searching through seemingly endless reviews online, but Heather's work easily stood out to us among the rest. Then, after we met with her, we could tell that she was extremely passionate and genuine. Her eye for capturing... Read More colors and dimensions is like no other photographer. Our wedding pictures were absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Everyone who has seen them has been in awe of how perfectly she captured our big day. I have even had friends already book her for upcoming weddings after seeing the work she did for us and how she interacted with everyone involved. Heather asked us what we wanted and our opinions through every step of the way - before the wedding, during, and after. She even went to the extent of following my "wedding picture board" on Pinterest to help meet our wants and needs. She was more than willing to work with us, and the we could not be more thrilled with the results. You know the hallmark of a great vendor if after the event, you would hire them again... and yes, we definitely would! I give Heather Brulez my highest recommendation! Thanks, Heather, for everything!!!!

Refreshing & Fun Style!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Marie F

I knew from the moment we got engaged that the most important vendor to book first was a photographer. I researched Kansas City wedding photographers and Heather was our favorite! We could not have asked for a better engagement session at the River Market. Heather has a great... Read More eye for natural light and using it to her advantage! Our wedding day photos were spectacular and full of vivid colors. Heather made us feel so special for our wedding day which is a feeling we will never forget. From the detail shots of our rings to our family photos at the altar and every moment in between, Heather captured our wedding day with perfection and ease. Working with a professional like Heather was refreshing and such a treat!

I can't stop smiling!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Sarah V

Heather Brulez is the only name you need to know for your wedding photography. Period. She is professional, punctual, and takes amazing photographs. Our package included an engagement shoot which was a lot of fun! She scoped out different locations within the area we chose... Read More hours before our scheduled meeting time. She made us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. Getting to know her a little bit before the wedding day let us know exactly what to expect from her. We had the pleasure of hiring her for the entire day of our wedding... from getting ready, to the ceremony, taking pictures at various locations around town and then at the reception... she didn't miss a beat. If you want every detail of your day captured in photographs I highly suggest her. She captured moments and little details I even missed at our wedding and reception. She takes the time to ask you before hand what types of pictures you want and works very well to accommodate you on your day while still going above and beyond your expectations! I can't thank her enough and I can't stop admiring the photos of our special day!!

2013-09-30T14:21:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to let other brides know how your experience was with Heather Brulez Photography. I was such an honor and pleasure to work with you both! Thank you! (and your kind words brings tears to my eyes all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Elizabeth B

Heather has a calming demeanor which made engagement and wedding photos easy and fun. We absolutely love our engagement and wedding photos and will treasure them for years to come.

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Sandy K

Heather captured our daughter's wedding beautifully in all the photos she took. From our initial meeting with Heather and throughout the day and evening of the wedding, she was a joy! We couldn't be happier with her creative photography skills and her warm, genuine personality.... Read More Heather Brulez helped make our family's day very special. I would recommend Heather to anyone planning their wedding/engagement. She will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Adena G

Heather was absolutely amazing! My husband and I are pretty shy and nervous in front of the camera, but Heather put us completely at ease. She is relaxed, creative and adventurous! We could not be happier!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Mallory M

I chose Heather for our wedding without ever meeting her. We were planning the wedding from the East Coast, and I knew that great photography was one of the highest priorities for me. I read through a ton of reviews like these and was honestly just amazed by how highly... Read More recommended she came. After poring through SO many online galleries, I narrowed the list of potential photographers down, and gave them a call. Heather and I immediately connected on the phone due to her kind and genuine personality, and I knew we had found a winner. Her photos are stunning, and I was so happy to include her fun personality into our big day! She was as great as I expected and more. My husband (a Marine) does NOT like taking photos, but even he was great with Heather, and the pictures turned out stunningly! I have received so many compliments on the photography from family, friends, and even acquaintances. Her pictures of our wedding day were an investment we would make again in a heartbeat. Thank you so much, Heather and Morgan, for giving us amazing photos to look back on the rest of our lives!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Rachel R

Heather and her partner were amazing!! They were so sweet and helpful throughout the day. Heather answers very quickly to any emails I sent her before and after my wedding day. Her photos are amazing, I'm very happy with all of them! She is super nice and totally understands... Read More how brides want their pictures to look.

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Ali H

Heather was the first vendor we booked for our July wedding--we knew just by looking at her online gallery that we had to have her. She was an absolute dream to work with from the very start. She was flexible, professional, and an energetic, yet calming presence on our wedding... Read More day. I knew I had nothing to worry about with her around. She shuffled family members around with ease and worked incredibly well with our other vendors. And to top it all off, we have the most beautiful engagement and wedding photos to cherish for the rest of our lives. We are so grateful to have booked Heather and happily recommend her to everyone we know. Thank you Heather!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Caitlin W

Heather was an absolute dream to work with. Her passion, professionalism and creativity is much appreciated. During our engagement session, we became comfortable behind her camera - we even jumped out of our comfort zones for a few adventurous and candid shots :) And on our... Read More wedding day, we just lived in the moment and soaked in every minute, leaving all the work in Heather and Leigh's capable hands. Heather is so talented and her passion for photography is reflected in her work. She captured our day absolutely perfectly and gave us the gift of reliving our special day again and again. Thank you Heather!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Tanner I

Heather does a phenomenal job balancing professionalism with a personal touch. She was such a blessing to have at our wedding, and she did an incredible job capturing the perfect day that it was. She did a great job of "stealing" my wife and I throughout the night to make sure... Read More that we got all of the shots we wanted. Would strongly recommend her to those looking for a great photographer.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Emily P

Working with Heather was one of the absolute highlights of my wedding day! She did such an incredible job communicating before the wedding, shuffling everyone around during photos, and capturing every single moment without seeming to be in the middle of every moment. Heather... Read More brings so much fun and laughter into the wedding, and her final products were more incredible than I could have ever imagined!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Courtney N

We absolutely LOVED working with Heather and her creative team. The first time we met Heather, she was shooting for our best friends wedding, we thought she was a close family friend! This shows how comfortable she makes everyone around her feel! We were so honored to have her... Read More as our wedding day photographer as well. Very professional, and an absolute blast to work with! We are floored with the beautiful finished product, and would recommend her to any and all to-be Newly Weds. Xoxo

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Jessica B

As a photographer myself, finding a great wedding photographer to capture my wedding day was priority one. Heather came highly recommended and made us feel very comfortable through the entire process from first phone conference to post-wedding photo gallery posting. She and her... Read More team are extremely professional and take great care to capture all of the small moments that make your day special. I highly recommend working with Heather Brulez!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Paige S

After poring through dozens of wedding photographers' websites from Manhattan to Kansas City, Heather was our top choice because her photographs are classic, high quality, focused on the couple, and show great taste; her packages all included a second photographer, which we felt... Read More was important; and we felt her pricing was reasonable for her high level of quality. We were thrilled when Heather was available on our date, and she did not disappoint! We are very happy with both our engagement and wedding photos. She was able to work with our awkwardness in front of the camera to give us some great couple shots, in addition to wrangling our large wedding party with ease. She was respectful and unobtrusive during the ceremony, was very helpful and experienced in coordinating our first look and wedding party photos, and got lots of great shots of guests at the reception. We would happily recommend Heather to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Kyla O

My husband and I got married this summer and Heather was a "must have" on our wedding checklist! She photographed my brother's wedding and we knew when we saw his photos that no one else could compare to her skills and how much fun she was to be around! From the planning stages... Read More she was flexible, knowledgeable on our timeline for the wedding day, energetic, joyful and overall made taking pictures with her one of the highlights of our wedding day! The proof is in the pictures, but her talent is unparalleled when it comes to capturing a bride and groom's relationship and theme of the wedding. Not only are her portrait shots and ceremony pictures wonderful, but she stayed around to capture night photos with us and I'm amazed at how beautiful the pictures turned out! We've shared the photos with family and friends and when there are so many great shots to choose from, it's no surprise that everyone has a different favorite! We can't imagine our wedding day without Heather! She was so easy to work with and made the wedding day photos so much fun to take!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Maddie M

Heather was amazing during all phases of our engagement and wedding. We loved our engagement shoot with her, and the pictures are incredible. She was SO helpful in the planning of our wedding, very knowledgeable about the timeline. On our wedding day, our friends and family... Read More kept telling me how easy-going yet professional both photographers were. It was a delight to have them there, and they got everything done so smoothly! I am happy to say that the portraits with just my husband was one of my favorite parts of the day. Heather's personality and attitude let us enjoy the intimate and joyful moments just after getting married, and we are so grateful. Our photos turned out breathtaking, and were done really soon after the wedding! Thank you Heather for adding so much positivity to our wedding day, and for providing such beautiful photos for us to have forever.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Emma M

My husband and I are so thankful we chose Heather Brulez Photography to capture our wedding day! Admittedly, I am the perfectionist type and the photographer was a very important choice for me. I remembered someone’s wedding photos from a few years back that stood out, so I... Read More looked it up and I was delighted to find Heather’s website. After reading her many rave reviews, I booked her and I have to say, she lives up to her reputation!! We have been continually impressed with Heather’s poise, professionalism, and AMAZING talent. She arrived early, stayed late, and went above and beyond to ensure the day went smoothly. The forecast changed last minute to rain during our portrait shots, but Heather answered my 6am emails, found alternate photo locations, and calmed our nerves with her relaxed, fun energy. We received all our wedding photos in just a few short weeks and they more beautiful than we could have imagined! From our large family portraits to a candid moment with my grandmother, Heather’s photos possess such a natural quality that perfectly captures the emotion of the day. Working with Heather was a blessing and we recommend her 100%! Thank you, Heather!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Alyssa J

Heather went above and beyond for our engagement and wedding photography! She kept us on schedule, made us feel comfortable, was incredibly professional but friendly, and most of all, provided images we couldn't have even dreamed of. Family members and friends have commented on... Read More how they didn't even notice she was there but then provided amazing photographs, which is exactly what you want from a photographer! We couldn't have asked for better!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Lauren E

Heather absolutely blew me away. Everyone was commenting on how great she was on the day of and no one had even seen any of the photos yet! Heather helped to put everyone at ease and help the day flow so smoothly. She was also a great help with planning our timeline for our... Read More wedding day. She has a great artistic eye and brought a fresh look to our wedding venue. She traveled all the way from Kansas City to Tulsa, Oklahoma to document our wedding and was super flexible and easy to work with. We promptly got our photos just a few short weeks after the wedding and love them so much. Heather is very skilled at what she does and does not disappoint! So glad I chose her to capture our special day.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Katie S

Two words to describe Heather Brulez Photography: trustworthy & perfect. Heather is an absolutely amazing photographer. Our wedding photos are beautiful- not only do we love them but we have received so many compliments! Heather is really easy to work with and responds very... Read More quickly via email or phone. I did not have specific locations I wanted to take our engagement or wedding photos at- all I told Heather was “I want pretty & classic”. She came up with locations on her own and all of the photos turned out exactly how I imagined. Accessing your online gallery is super easy. She has different packages to choose from. My friends who used other photographers for their weddings said I would be waiting at least 2 months before I saw any of our wedding photos. We got a sneak peek the week after the wedding and the rest were done on our 1 month anniversary. I highly recommend Heather to all you future brides out there! Your wedding photos are so important & with Heather you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Lindsay G

Heather was amazing to work with! She was easy going yet very organized. We had a few last minute requests but she was not phased. We still got all the pictures we wanted and they turned out better than I could have imagined. I would recommend Heather for your wedding... Read More pictures! You will not be disappointed.

2016-04-25T13:28:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lindsay! You guys were so amazing to work with and I will continue to enjoy our relationship while we work on your album! :)

Beautiful images and a relaxed wedding day!

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Amanda G

Heather is phenomenal! Looking at our wedding pictures that she captured was truly like reliving our day...the photos are so beautiful and captured so many details of the day, our personalities and our love. We felt so relaxed with Heather (admittedly, I am not fond of being... Read More in front of a camera), she did a fantastic job of directing us and the wedding party without being overwhelming. She captured so many details that I would have never thought of. I am so pleased with the way the day went and the way the pictures turned out. Everyone has commented on how beautiful the photos are. I couldn't have asked for a more relaxed and fun photographer.

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Hailey C

From the first moment I met Heather, I knew she would be a great fit for my wedding. She is so passionate about what she does, but makes every single second fun for you, your groom, and your wedding party. We were so blessed to have beautiful, warm weather for our mid-November... Read More wedding, and Heather took full advantage of the amazing surroundings. I could never have dreamed of pictures so beautiful. My husband and I looked so relaxed, so natural, and I attribute that 100% to Heather. If you're searching for a photographer, look no further, Heather is everything you could ever want and more. I look forward to hopefully working with her in the future!

2015-12-28T10:56:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Hailey and Ryan! Your kind words mean so much me!

Heather was fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Genni H

Heather did an amazing job photographing our wedding day! I did a lot of research to find the perfect photographer and I'm so glad we chose Heather. I wanted someone who could give direction while being a pleasant and calm addition to our group that day. She was great-- all... Read More of our pictures were beautiful and everyone had fun taking them. The planning process was also a breeze. Heather always responded to my questions within 24 hours, worked with us to make a realistic timeline for the wedding day, and always made us feel special and reminded us how much of a blessing marriage is. We got our pictures back less than a month after our wedding and they are wonderful! She also provided us sneak peeks while we waited for the wedding or engagement pictures. I highly recommend hiring Heather to photograph your wedding! Thanks to her we have so many great pictures we can look back on to remember our perfect day.

Heather Brulez

Hi there! I'm Heather Brulez (Bru * lay) and I'm a wedding photographer, based in Kansas City, with a fun, fresh and romantic style to documenting your wedding day. We hope you grab a coffee (or latte in my case) and enjoy viewing our latest work. Photography is something I've always wanted to do, starting with film, as a teenager. I dreamed of working for Rolling Stone Magazine and combining my love for people photography and music. I almost studied elementary education before deciding to go for my dreams with a degree in Photojournalism and love to mentor in the photography field.