Heavenly Mountain Resort

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Heavenly Mountain Resort -Your Own Piece of Heaven

At Heavenly Resort, you have two mountain top venues to choose from for your summer wedding and cocktail hour or ceremony and full reception! Lakeview Lodge and the Blue Sky Terrace have amazing views of Lake Tahoe and the mountains. Lakeview Lodge is the location for groups of large or small, located at 8,200 feet. Here we offer a full ceremony and reception high above the waters of Lake Tahoe. Blue Sky Terrace offers a simple summer ceremony and cocktail hour venue at 9,123 feet. We offer two wedding packages for just the ceremony and cocktail hour. Book your mountain top wedding today!

Commitment Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding

Ballroom, Mountain

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Service Staff

3860 Saddle Road, South Lake Tahoe, CA (775) 586-4442
WEBSITE PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Kendall B

We just married here on Saturday July 29 and our wedding was perfect! We are so happy we chose the Lakeview Lodge as our venue! It was only the second venue we looked at and the second we got up there, we knew it was THE PLACE! We couldn't be happier with how everything worked... Read More out. First off- THE VIEW! It is beautiful! Our sunset was incredible that night and I cannot wait to get our pictures back. There's a spot below the lodge for a perfect sunset shot. It rained around 3:30pm day of our wedding (thunder & lightning) so the staff started to move our dance floor inside from the deck and started packing up the ceremony chairs. Then 20 minutes later, the rain cleared and everything was brought back outside. The ceremony and dancing stayed outside! We took our tour Memorial Day weekend 2016 - the first weekend of the year they open for weddings. They were setting up for a wedding so it was nice to see some of the set up. We went up for the food tasting in September 2016 and it was really neat. They invite all the couples for the next year to come up and food taste together. They set up the tables with different linen colors and napkin folding styles as well as glassware lay outs to let you see how everything looks. And then you can decide on what you like. They make their most popular dishes for the couples to try (I believe you can make a request off their list if there's something you specifically want to try). For our wedding we had a buffet and chose the prime rib and chicken Piccata. They were delicious!!! Another big hit was the bacon wrapped scallops and ahi tuna wonton crisp appetizers! Highly recommend. We had the kegs of beer and brought up all of our own wine and champagne (which they let us bring up the night before). We also last minute added the cash bar which was a good idea! (We paid for beer/wine and if our guests wanted liquor, they had the option to pay for it). The tram ride up is fun and quick. The outdoor ceremony area is beautiful with the lake in the background. They have an arch you can use but we brought up one my father in law built us. (They let us bring it up the night before and put it together during our rehearsal walk through and then they actually brought it out and put into place for us on our wedding day). I mainly corresponded with Libby but both her and Lizzy were so helpful and very quick to respond. They answered all my questions and took care of my requests. They really helped make the night run smoothly. All the other staff was great too! I could go on and on about how amazing this venue is! If you're thinking of getting married in Tahoe then I highly recommend the Lakeview Lodge at Heavenly. You get the best of everything - the top of the mountain and a gorgeous lake view back drop!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Betsey R

We got married at Lakeview Lodge at Heavenly on 8/26/17. I cannot thank the staff enough. There is a small army of 4 women I was in contact with all year to answer any questions and go over details. The staff went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly and my... Read More guests were happy. They were so attentive to my fiancé and I making sure we had drinks and food. We actually got to eat at our wedding! My sister in law had to leave to feed her baby at one point and the staff made an extra plate for her to eat. Truly an amazing beautiful location and wonderful staff!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Andrew K

This is a knockout venue, has the most beautiful scenery can dream up. This was a destination wedding for us so all coordinating and planning was done via email which they made very easy sending us quotes, plans, potential layouts, advice on what works. Their event coordinators... Read More there are second to none. Ceremony went so smooth and as soon as we were done the wait staff greeted us with wine and hors d'oeuvres, we were manage to scarf some down before we headed out for more pictures. The food was fantastic and the wait/barstaff were everywhere! You were never out of service. I also highly recommend their ice cream sundae bar, came with their ice cream expert, everyone at our wedding had high praise for the food and icecream. Thanks so much Heavenly!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Shannon W

We were married at Lakeview Lodge at Heavenly on 8/12 and the day could not have been more perfect! Libby and her team were awesome and so attentive. They went above and beyond for us, and we are so grateful. Leading up to the day, we had so many emails back and forth, but it... Read More was never too much for them and they rolled with everything we needed. The VIEW is unbeatable and it was an experience our guests will never forget!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Meghan B

I highly recommend Heavenly for a wedding venue. Our wedding was at the Lakeview Lodge on 8/12/16 and it was amazing! It was a destination wedding and I was a little worried about planning from so far away. Thanks to the awesome Heavenly staff, the planning was surprising... Read More simple and the result was flawless. The view is absolutely breathtaking. When searching for venues, unique was a requirement. Being that we (and an estimated 50 guests) would be traveling across the country, we wanted it to be different from anything we could have done back home. Heavenly was hands down the best choice to bring that vision to life. I loved taking the aerial tram up into the mountains! We had a few guests that were a little nervous about taking the tram, but actually ended up enjoying it. People were raving all night, and continue to do so, about how beautiful our wedding was and how much fun they had. I lost count of how many people told us it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. It was truly a magical day!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jessica K

The team at Lakeview Lodge made our wedding dreams come true. My husband and I actually visited Lakeview Lodge before we were even engaged - and booked it! That is how much we loved it. I grew up skiing at Heavenly and it was so great to get married at a place so close to my... Read More heart. Libby & Lizzy made the wedding planning process so easy. From the tasting event to the end of the night, I had no concerns. They answered my emails promptly and were super accommodating to all my crazy requests. We were even able to decorate in advance when there wasn't a wedding the day before ours. People raved about the food all night long, and couldn't get over the view.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Elisha M

We used the blue sky terrace location on 7/4/16 and we were very please with the amount of time we had up there for our set up, ceremony (under 6 minutes) and time for photos, cutting our cake and having drinks. It went by so fast but it was the perfect day and beautiful!!! The... Read More view is amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

We had our wedding here in 2014 on the summer soltice and it really was magical. For months afterwards, many of our guests told me it was the best wedding they'd been to, but I just assumed people always say that to brides. But then I started to believe them because the feedback... Read More was so consistent. The view (as described in other reviews) is incredible, with the whole Lake Tahoe basin spread out before you. We too looked at several places in the area, but it was no contest when we got up to the lodge. (It was also very personal for us as it was the location of our first ski date and the place we fell in love, our second home away from home, so...no brainer.) The thought of giving our guests (120 of them) the adventure of riding the tram to start the event was too fun. And I cannot say enough good things about the staff. Adriann, Libby and Veronica (who was my main contact though she's no longer there) were all incredible. Always in touch but never pushy. Always patient and helpful, even when I got in the weeds with details. I really felt like they cared so much about my wedding being great; it just felt very personal and special, though they were without fail 100% on their game. And of course they really know their own facility so they provided helpful guidance around layout, the flow of the evening, etc. We had a sit down dinner after a cocktail hour on the deck and here too they were super accommodating. One of the deal breakers for us was we wanted a sit down family style dinner. And though they had never done that there, I agreed to rent the platters and it worked perfectly. Hot food, everyone breaking bread together. We knew we didn't want buffet or plated, so we were really pleased they worked with us so well and were so accommodating. Some places seemed to be plug and play, but these guys were open to our ideas. It also helps that SLT is a fairly small community, so all the vendors they suggested were great. Everyone knows each other. We just celebrated our one year anniversary yesterday and I have nothing but five star memories looking back at the day, and everything leading up to it. It was so special seeing your family and dearest friends enchanted by the location we picked. Even though we had dancing throughout the night (live music set up outside/dance mixes inside) and lots of fun stuff to do, we were so happy to see our peeps outside on the deck watching the sun set from 8,250' over the lake. Also, the small raised area in the additional room (where we had dessert, disco time, a fan dancer, the dance with my dad) was also a nice conversation area and we had costumes for people to put on to have more fun. I just found it really versatile for a party. Boring but important: nice clean bathrooms with plenty of stalls. Helpful tip: give people a heads up about transportation for when the party's over. We expected our guests to leave drunk so we didn't want anyone driving. We called ahead to a couple of taxi services to shuttle people back to hotels when they came down from the tram. Unless people rent a house right around the mountain base, I wouldn't advise walking to town. The Best!

Heavenly wedding venue

Reviewed on 2/17/2015 Stephanie L

We booked the Heavenly Lakeview Lodge for our wedding, and it was the perfect location. The Heavenly staff were great! They answered all our questions promptly throughout the wedding planning process. When it started raining right before our ceremony, they moved all the chairs... Read More swiftly inside in a blink of an eye. Our guests raved about the amazing food and mountaintop views.

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Lizzie C

The second we saw the Lakeview Lodge option we knew we would be getting married at Heavenly! We looked at several of the ski resorts and other lake side options for our wedding and nothing can compare to the stunning views of Lake Tahoe from the top of the mountain - not to... Read More mention the amazing tram ride your guests get to take! From the very start working with the ladies at Heavenly was a breeze, they were personable and available for any and all questions we might have. We attended the "Wedding Preview" to see potential set ups of the room and to taste the food and we were blown away. Everything was delicious and they even worked with us to create two custom plates for guests with food restrictions. We had several "do it yourself" elements in our wedding, and Heavenly allowed us to meet with them the week prior to the wedding to drop off all of your DIY items, which was a huge time saver/stress reliever for us. Even 6 months later our guests continue to tell us what an amazing venue we chose for the wedding. People who do not ski may never again get the chance to ride up the tram and take in that amazing view of the lake. We truly cannot express how happy we were to have chosen Heavenly, every staff member on the day of the wedding were so sweet and professional they really helped to make our wedding the best day ever!

Perfect

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Samantha C

Honestly was amazing. Price was not over the top, the view was!!!!!! Every guest raved about the food and how amazing it was... even though we had a buffet. I would recommend thisplace to any bride!

Best South Lake Tahoe Venue!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Kara W

The view would have been enough to sell this venue to us, but the staff, the food and the ease of it all made it absolutely perfect. The price is very fair for what you get. The food is absolutely amazing, we got TONS of compliments on the food! One older guest even said, “Of... Read More all the weddings I’ve been to, this is by far the best wedding food I have ever had!” And we did the buffet!! The entire staff is so nice and helpful. They give you a list of suggested vendors, which we worked mostly off of and were not disappointed with a single vendor. Veronica, Adrianne and Libby were saints. They set up the venue just how I had imagined it, they have some of their own rustic and beautiful decorations. The outside dancing area is perfect, too! Heat lamps and strung lighting make the night-time “under the stars” dancing a dream! I would recommend this venue to everyone and anyone!

Truly Heavenly

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Megan S

My husband and I chose to get married in Tahoe because we were guaranteed a beautiful view. The wedding at Heavenly did not disappoint. The view was truly breathtaking and helped make some gorgeous pictures. As soon as I began to look at what Heavenly had to offer for the... Read More wedding, I knew I was hooked. My favorite part personally was the fact that we would be getting married on top of the mountain in a private ceremony...and of course the thrill of getting to ride the tram. No other venue that I had looked at would have offered this unique experience. The planning experience was so easy because of the open communication with Adriann. She helped make the planning process a little less overwhelming and answered every question I had along the way. The hardest part for me would have to be narrowing down the food choices, but you really can't go wrong. The day of went off splendidly with the entire staff being extremely helpful. Adriann and Libby were there the entire time with their wonderful staff. The transitions from the ceremony to the dinner and then the rest of the reception went very well. Everyone was attentive to the needs of guests and to my husband and I the entire time. If you are thinking of a wedding in Tahoe, Heavenly is the place to hold it!

Our Heavenly Wedding

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Joe M

Our wedding date is incorrect by my username. We were married on August 4, 2013. I need to gush about how wonderful our wedding was at Heavenly. We live out of state and planning a destination wedding made me apprehensive. All of my worries were erased the minute I spoke... Read More with Adriann on the phone. She was extremely kind and answered every crazy bride question I had. She even helped when I couldn't get other vendors to call me back. We went out to Tahoe in June for the tasting party which I would highly recommend. We sampled all types of food and their drink options. We changed our menu choices and we were able to finalize all of the details in person. We had our ceremony outside and the view was breathtaking. The staff had everything set up perfectly. It was gorgeous. The entire staff was extremely welcoming to our out of town guests, many who had never been to Tahoe before. We had a Buffett dinner and the food was amazing. Delicious enough that our guests went for second and some for third servings. The chef made my nieces and nephews quesadillas before food was out and without even us having to ask. It was those extras that made us love the staff. We had our dance floor outside and it was perfect. Our pictures with that view are beyond incredible and everyone enjoyed dancing under the stars all night long. The staff were always at our sides making sure we were happy. Adriann helped with setting up and the ceremony and Libby was with us throughout the night. At the end of the night Libby had all our bags and goodies packed up. We had a separate tram down just the two of us. We were so happy, newly married, loving the bliss that South Tahoe and Heavenly has to offer. We would highly recommend Heavenly for the venue and the staff that runs it. They made wedding planning simple and stress free. It was a priceless experience.

Absolutely breathtaking and secluded

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Allison E

The ladies there made our wedding day flawless. I hired high mountain weddings for the wedding package and between these two companies we had a great experience. The views of the lake from atop the mountain were a gorgeous back drop for the ceremony and pictures. The layout was... Read More nice and reception area didn't need much decor because if all the windows with a view. The food was great and so was the service we received. They told us when to do things and everything worked out perfectly. No one believed me when I said we didn't really plan it out. We didn't even have a rehearsal dinner. And yet had no problems. I loved this place and the everything about our experience. FYI the prices are cut in half after Labor Day. Or else we could not have afforded it. Oh and by the way we had never seen the place or met with these people before our wedding day. It was a destination wedding and so worth it.

highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Tonia Z

We were married at Heavenly on 09/24/11. It was absolutely perfect. The location was ideal, and it was a joy to work with Libby and Adriann. They orchestrated everything so I was able to relax and enjoy the day.

Wow.

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Lindsay M

If you want to get married in Tahoe, hands down, this is your best bet. The staff at Heavenly is awesome; any time I had a question, I knew I could just e-mail or call Libby or Adriann. On the night of our wedding, my stomach was upset (nerves!), and someone from the staff... Read More actually tracked down some Tums for me : ) Also, as soon as the ceremony was over, the catering staff brought a tray of drinks for my new husband and I to enjoy as we took some pictures! The view at Heavenly is absolutely breathtaking. Our pictures are GORGEOUS, because up there, how could they not be? We had our dancing outside on the deck (which was perfect for a summer wedding), and it was so fun...our first dance was at sunset, and the view was breathtaking. We had 150 guests, with a sit down dinner, and a beer, wine, and champagne bar, and came in around $18,000. All things considered, this is a pretty good deal for the area. The whole experience, from riding the tram to the gorgeous view, provided an incredibly spectacular experience. I sort of wish I could get married again, because our day was so awesome.

Heavenly was Heavenly!

Reviewed on 11/04/2010 Brenna Y

We wanted a Tahoe wedding, and looked at several places before we chose Heavenly. Our biggest factors in choosing it were the view and the cost. You really couldn't pick a better view - it is at the top of the mountain, so you get an expansive view of all of Lake Tahoe.... Read More Gorgeous. The ceremony site does have the tram structure quite prominently in the way, but I don't think anyone really noticed! The cost seems quite reasonable, especially compared to other locations around South Lake Tahoe. We rented the entire facility, fed and liquored up just over 100 people, and it still came in around 15,000 (I'm giving a ball park figure here). The whole Lake View Lodge has two reception type rooms with a separate bar in between the two areas. Other positives: Adriann and Libby were great to work with, and always answered e-mails and phone calls within a day (usually a few hours); you have the whole location to yourself - no people just wandering in; the food was great; an option of colored linens (table cloths and napkins) is included; they have cool chairs!; I personally LOVED the layout of the reception area - it allowed people to dance, hang out at the bar, or catch up with friends/family in a quieter area; everything on the day of the wedding ran incredibly smoothely Negatives: depending on time of year, you REALLY have to hope for good weather - without the view, it woudn't be quite as special; setting up a food tasting is difficult as they only make food during events, and are not there the other days; some guests may be wary of riding the tram up to the site; the layout probably isn't for everyone; no hard floor for dancing - the dance area is carpeted

Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Marissa T

I entitled this review Best Wedding Ever because that is what I keep hearing from my guests. The planning of the event with Libby and Adriann was an exceptional experience - no request was too big or small and was always well received. I keep thinking that I might be able to... Read More coerce a friend into getting married here as I would love to be a guest at a wedding at this venue. The food was amazing, the view to die for, and the memories will last a life time. I highly recommend this venue for anyone who wants to give their guests an experience outside of attending one of the most important days of their life. From the aerial tram ride to the views on top -- nothing can beat Heavenly Mountain Resort!

Review for Heavenly Mountain Resort

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Missy C

You have a breathtaking view of Lake Tahoe from half way up a mountain.;The staff was great to work with but there was an issue in that the person we had worked with the entire time ended up not being able to be the one at our wedding. A lot of things were not done as we had... Read More disucssed that they would be -- primarily with the set up of tables. My family was seated behind a pole and the head table was not done as we had requested etc.