Candid, journalistic and no hourly fees!

We love what we do and have been doing it for over ten years! All of our packages include full day coverage by Henderson Lewis an online gallery with all of you high resolution images and the rights to print them wherever you would like. We would love to meet up and hear all about your big day. Let us know if you have any questions and good luck with your planning!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Charlotte and Southeast (864) 205-3820

Outstanding Photographer & Service

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Misty G

We live in Columbus, Ohio, and received advice from a friend to book Henderson Lewis. He captured our engagement photos in Charleston and our Folly Beach wedding perfectly. He and his wife, Renee, were both present at our engagement session and for our entire wedding day (8am... Read More - 10pm) and they made us feel so comfortable. They are the perfect balance of friendly, fun, and professional. It felt like we had known them forever. We are so happy with our photos and overall experience. Thank you Henderson and Renee!

Hands down Henderson and Renee made our wedding day!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Megan H

OK, so a little back story… I was first introduced to Henderson and Renee Lewis when they photographed my sister-in-laws wedding a few summers ago. They did such an amazing job with her wedding I knew when it came time for my wedding I had to book them! So when my husband and... Read More I got engaged, priority number one was to book Henderson. I honestly waited to book my venue and set a wedding date until I knew Henderson would be available on that day. I know this sounds crazy, but he is THAT good. The weekend of the wedding Henderson and Renee flew in early (yes, I flew them up from NC for my NH wedding… again, he is THAT good.) so he could get familiar with the venue location and lighting. The morning of the wedding Henderson and Renee were waiting for us when we showed up at the salon (at 9:30 am) and were with us the entire day until the end of our reception at 11. I never saw them stop working not even for a drink, food, or to use the bathroom, I honestly don’t know how they do it! My husband and I were both so impressed with how the entire day turned out, and we feel we owe a lot of that to Henderson and Renee. They set the tone for the day, and put everyone in such a great mood (so much so that we have gotten some rave reviews from our wedding party about how “awesome” Henderson and Renee were!). Throughout the day Henderson and Renee took over 1,000 pictures and they never ran out of ideas and were so accommodating when I wanted certain pictures taken. In addition, they really help managed the flow of the day, so we were never running around like crazy or stress over time. I cannot say enough good things about this dynamic couple! I highly recommend them to anyone, anywhere! Even if Henderson is not located near you, I would tell you to fly him to your location. I promise you, you won’t regret it!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Sara C

We loved our time working with Henderson. From the first meeting he seemed genuinely interested in our wedding and what we wanted. He had great ideas while being open to ours. WE loved being able to share our online gallery with family from all over. We will be recommending him... Read More to all of our family and friends!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Amanda H

We really enjoyed having Henderson and Renee be a part of our day. Everything went super smooth and their friendly attitudes and timely manner is a huge reason why. All of our guests really enjoyed working with them as well. We will cherish our beautiful photos for years to... Read More come. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Katy T

Henderson may have been my favorite wedding choice, and I have only seen one picture!!! When choosing a photographer, I did not find picking through every photo on a website to be helpful, rather I just went with my gut. Henderson said at our first meeting that if I didn't feel... Read More I could spend an entire day with him, I should choose someone else, and even offered me some suggestions. I knew all along he was the right choice! From the start, I found Henderson's laid back, yet extremely professional demeanor to be completely refreshing. We met with him twice before the wedding day, but I am totally confident he would have met with me 10 more times if I wanted him to. It didn't take much thought or preparation on my end to feel totally comfortable and confident in Henderson. I am SUPER detail oriented but was extremely relieved to know that I didn't really need to be when it came to the photography. Such an important aspect, and I was so thankful that it wasn't another thing I needed to put extensive time and energy into. Henderson and Renee are seriously the cutest and most down to earth photography team and were SO MUCH FUN to work with. I didn't really know what I wanted, but he really listened to my few requests and casually suggested perfect times to make them happen. Never pushy, extremely calm and relaxed, and totally had my best interest in mind at all times. My husband, who does not typically enjoy taking pictures, even had wonderful things to say about Henderson, and though he and Renee were a joy to work with. I would recommend Henderson to any and everyone without hesitation and wish I could do it all over again!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Katy T

Henderson Lewis and his wife Renee spent the entire day of our wedding with us and were so accommodating and pleasant. They appreciated the uniqueness of our venue and our celebration and were always at the ready with a camera to capture the special moments. They never made us... Read More feel pressured to stay on schedule and follow a specific routine, but rather went with the flow and didn't seem to miss any special moments. Their pricing is very reasonable and they give you a lot of attention in preparing for the big day. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Katie S

To every couple looking for the best photographer out their look no further. I promise you have found him! I already had the perfect man beside me and I was now on the hunt for the perfect white dress and photographer. I went with my mom to find the dress and I left the other... Read More most important wedding detail in the hands of my soon to be husband (this is a lot of trust if you knew just how important photos were to me). My husband sent me a link to "Henderson Lewis Photography," to view past wedding photos and reviews. I looked through every review Henderson had and their is not one bad review on any website! So onto the photographer! He came several days early to ensure he would not be late for my wedding which as a bride made me feel so much better seeing he was traveling to Wisconsin. He had already scoped out the park and the church where the photos would be taken to find all the good spots. He was with us the entire day to capture every perfect moment. And when he captures photos he captures all the feelings from smiles, to tears, to laughter. My family is still talking about how genuine and sweet Henderson was at our wedding. He captured all the photos I wanted and more. He worked very well with our Catholic priest who was hesitant to photography in his church too. Turn around time on the photos was extremely quick, even with a new baby in the house and I highly highly recommend the wedding photo book. Henderson worked so well with my husband and I and our very excited mothers and grandmothers who would pull him in opposite directions. Even the children in the wedding who were sick and tired of photos and getting cranky were smiling due to Henderson's great work. We also have access to all of our high resolution photos to print and use as we want which is wonderful! Thank you again Henderson from the bottom of my heart for your amazing work in our Engagement session in Charleston, SC and our Wedding session Watertown, WI. Also, thank you for holding off the rain that was in the forecast for 100% during our engagement session!!! I will defiantly be calling you in a few years for family photos with our children.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Kelsey B

I have taken way too long to write this review because I was trying to decide how exactly to relay how awesome Henderson is. He is everything you want in a wedding photographer--super professional, yet so personable that you feel like you've known him forever. He's upbeat and... Read More ready for anything. He will answer endless questions and was, by far, the most responsive wedding vendor I had (I don't think I ever had to wait a full day for a response through email). On our wedding day, he arrived early and caught every moment we could have wanted. Our guests have continued to compliment him and his work months after the wedding. I have absolutely been recommending him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer! He was a joy to work with and I would choose him again in a heartbeat! I don't even think this review is relaying how happy we were with Henderson. Just know he's amazing and you will be thrilled if you choose him to capture your day! The end. :)

BOOK HIM!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

My wedding was on a rainy, cold and cloudy day. Somehow my photos look amazing! Henderson did everything he could possibly do to get us every shot we wanted, while also bringing his own ideas to the table. We worked with Henderson at a friends wedding 2 years ago and we were... Read More very impressed with his technique. He managed to keep things very relaxed while getting everything he could. Not only did he stand out in the rain to get the shots, he kept a smile on his face while doing it. My friends highly recommended Henderson to me and I'll be doing the same!

We loved them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

I don't even know where to begin. The photos turned out better than we could have imagined and Henderson was great at getting people relaxed in front of the camera. He was so respectful to all of our guest but managed to move things along as needed. We were very hesitant to... Read More spend so much on photography but now I am so glad we did! Henderson had tons of helpful advice through the day and it really paid off. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

I worked with Henderson previously when my best friend got married and I was given the honor of being a bridesmaid. I knew after her wedding that Henderson was who I would want to capture my big day. Three years later and my opinion hadn't changed, so we booked it! We are 1000%... Read More happy with our photos. Aside from the quality, their ability to capture moments that seem to fly by for you, or that you don't even realize are occurring, is amazing. On top of that, they are awesome people to be around on your big day. They are really helpful, creative and comfortable to work with. With Renee as a second shooter, they really don't miss a thing. I will always recommend Henderson Lewis Photography!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Lindsey J

Henderson was awesome! Finding a photographer was one of the more difficult things on our wedding to do list. Once we found Henderson, we knew we were in good hands. He always had a plan, arrived on time, and was open to our ideas. He managed to balance professional and fun... Read More while getting us everything we wanted. I would highly recommend Henderson Lewis Photography

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

Henderson and Phil were awesome! They arrived on time, made us comfortable in front of the camera, had great suggestions and stuck around until the end of the night. After being with us for 12 hours, at the end of the night they still looked genuinely excited to have been a part... Read More of the day. I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Becca T

We had such a great time working with Henderson and Renee! They got along so well with our family and friends and got everything we wanted. We had our photos within a month and our guests were able to access all of the images online. I never had to wait more than 24 hours to get... Read More an email response from Henderson. The whole process was incredibly smooth. I will highly recommend him going forward!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Meredith L

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Henderson and Renee. I do photography on the side, so I was a bit particular when choosing my photographers, and these 2 exceeded all of my expectations! We had so many of our guest and family members compliment Henderson and Renee,... Read More their fun sense of humor and way of getting natural pictures without "imposing". If I could give 10 stars I would. I would recommend Henderson Lewis Photography to anyone and everyone (as a matter of fact, I already have for a wedding next year!) Love you guys so much!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Lauren G

I'm not sure where to even start! Henderson Lewis was by far one of the absolute best decisions we made about our wedding! We had our wedding in early april of 2015 and not only did he feel as if he was one of the guests instead of just a vendor, he knew exactly how to make... Read More us feel comfortable and get the most natural reactions out of us! His work with lighting and his artistic nature to be able to look at a layout and set up the perfect setting in an instance is outstanding! He was so personable, easygoing and flexible with all of our needs and we left feeling like we had a new friend! Throughout our entire day (and the weeks following) we had guests coming up to us saying how much they loved our photographer. If that doesn't tell you how awesome he is, I don't know what will! AND We received all of our pictures in 4 weeks, which is insane! I would HIGHLY recommend snatching this photographer up quickly! They make their service seem priceless just by the products and experience you receive!

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Michael M

My wife and I would hands down recommend Henderson Lewis Photography for everyone. Henderson and his wife, Renee, were amazing. We were both very happy with their services. During the engagement session, they made us very comfortable, allowing for very nice photographs. During... Read More the wedding, they arrived when we wanted them to and were the last ones to leave. It was amazing how many people commented how much they loved our photographers and our friends getting married wished they weren't getting married so far away so they could use Henderson. The photos came out great. Henderson is quick to respond to communication and the work he puts out was amazing. His services were worth every penny!

Soooo Happy!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Bailey F

We had a very small wedding and the most expensive thing in our budget other than catering was our photographer. It was money well spent! Even though we only had a handful of guest, Henderson treated it like it was the event of the year. Henderson shot a wedding for a friend of... Read More ours over a year ago. Seeing how well him and his wife worked their wedding, I knew as soon as I got engaged we had to call them. We were very disappointed to hear that they were booked :( Lucky for us, the bride they were booked with ended up moving her wedding, due to venue complications. Henderson promised he would contact us if anything were to change and he called us the day he became available. He always follows up on emails very quickly. If I ever had a question all I had to do was text him and I would get a response in no time. The photos are great but what really sets them apart is the way they conduct themselves at weddings. I've seen them work two and they manage to balance the fine line between fun and professional. It's important to have photographers that you get along with because you see them more than anybody else on your wedding day. We had a very southern theme and loved how their images complemented our vintage look. They listened to everything we suggested and I didn't ever feel like were just getting the "run of the mill" wedding photos. My friend recommended them to me and I am excited to recommend them to all of my friends!

Couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Tara S

I'm not the kind of person that normally does online reviews but after I saw my images from our wedding day I decided to make an exception. I was pretty hands on with most of the wedding planning but the one thing I asked my fiancé to do was pick a photographer. I can happily... Read More say, he nailed it! Henderson and his wife Renee were everything we wanted. The best thing about their packages is the lack of a time limit. They were with us for over 15 hours! After such a long day they were still just as enthused to be there at hour 15 as they were at hour 1. One thing I was worried about was having a natural smile. I tend to freeze up in front of the camera. This turned out to not be a problem at all. They made us and all of our guest feel so comfortable in front of the camera. By the end of the night it felt like we had asked a couple of friends to shoot our wedding. My only regret is that we didn't do an engagement session. When I saw our wedding photos I could only imagine how much fun another shoot would have been. We are looking forward to one day having Henderson and Renee photograph all of our major life events!

Book Them!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

We met with a lot of photographers. So many of them were incredibly talented but we were waiting to find somebody that we both felt comfortable with. We first spoke with Henderson and Renee at a bridal show. Their quality of work and pricing seemed too good to be true. We both... Read More instantly noticed how friendly and down to earth they were. After a few emails and a nice long chat at a coffeeshop, we knew they were going to be the perfect fit. As our wedding day approached, Henderson was very easy to get in touch with and always quick to respond to my emails and text. On the day of our wedding, they showed up early, stayed late and not once did we see them taking a break (even after we insisted they do). We ended up having over 600 stunning images! They didn't miss a thing. We couldn't have been happier with the final product!

Priceless!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

If you are looking for a wedding photographer that is creative, fun but professional, insanely talented, and can handle every type of personality at your wedding, look no farther than Henderson Lewis Photography. Henderson's incredible eye shows in his breathtaking photos. But,... Read More what it doesn't show you is that working with Henderson was like working with an old friend. He made the experience fun, easy, and completely stress free. We were so comfortable with Henderson that we gave him complete creative control to do whatever he wanted. We couldn't be happier that we allowed him to be the amazing artist and professional he is. The only regret we have is that we did not use more of Henderson's services. Having Henderson capture those unforgetable moments for us was priceless.

Definitely recommended!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014

We had a fantastic experience with Henderson and Renee and absolutely recommend them! My husband and I picked them after reviewing the wedding photos from several photographers in the Charleston area. Their style of photography (and cost!) were exactly in line with what we... Read More wanted. We met with them once before the wedding and felt very comfortable with them. On the actual wedding day, they couldn't have been better. They spent the entire day with us (over 12 hours!) and made us and all of our guests feel so comfortable. They were able to be everywhere at once without being intrusive. They made sure to have photos of everyone at the wedding and they were so kind and friendly and made all our guests feel important. I didn't expect so many compliments from our guests about the photographers but everyone loved them! We were equally happy when we received the photos afterwards. They are excellent quality and I love looking back through them and remembering all the details. Everyone from the wedding is included and they are a wonderful representation of a fantastic night. (Also, we had absolutely no issues with copyrights or access to the photos afterwards.) I can't recommend them highly enough - we were 100% happy with the entire experience!

My favorite people ever!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Samantha M

My husband and I had a 2-year engagement so I was able to interview a lotttt of vendors for all of our wedding needs. I contacted roughly 10 photographers in that time period, one being Henderson, obviously. Not only was he the LEAST expensive, he also offered the MOST out of of... Read More our package! We thought it was too good to be true but we figured we would give the engagement shoot a try and since a friend recommended him who had already used him we knew he couldn't be too bad. We did an engagement shoot at Clemson where my husband and I met and he didn't put a time or picture amount limit on us, he and his amazing wife just hung out with us all day. He didn't even charge for travel. The pictures came out so spectacular! He had wonderful ideas and was great about listening to our ideas, too. He even got our dogs in some shots and they came out remarkably! His sweet wife even kept our dogs busy while Henderson ran off with us to catch a picture here and there. At our wedding he showed up early with his wife and they were dressed appropriately and were so excited! They stayed for hours, took pictures of absolutely everything. I couldn't remember much from my wedding from all the hustle and bustle and jitters and getting things ready and it was SUCH a delight to see the photos after so I could reminisce and actually take in what had happened! And, again, he didn't charge us extra for travel and board! So, here's a quick bullet list if you didn't want to read my lengthy explanation: -- Amazing prices -- Gorgeous pictures and quality -- Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful people They will do anything and everything for you! They were my favorite part of my wedding (besides my groom, of course) and some day pictures will be the only memories I have and I am eternally grateful that Henderson and Renee captured my 1,000+ pictures so beautifully. We love you guys! We can't wait to have y'all do our family and maternity pictures one day! :D

Amazing and Fun Photographers!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Jill B

Henderson and his wife Renee shot my wedding on Sept 6, 2014. I can't express enough how great this couple is to work with! My fiance and I had met him at the Bridal Show and Charlotte and decided to sign with Henderson based on his pictures and his personality. It was the... Read More best choice we ever made and probably one of the best parts of our wedding! Henderson and Renee were so down to Earth, fun, go with the flow, had great ideas, and were not intimidating at all (like some photographers can often be). He was willing to try any ideas we provided to him as well. Not only did the pictures turn out amazing ( I couldn't get over all the compliments), but the two of them were a joy to work with. I had multiple comments as well from our wedding saying how they loved our photographers and how they wished they had had a photographer like that at their own wedding. Go with Henderson and Renee! You won't be sorry! :)

Fun, Kind, Punctual and Crazy Talented!

Reviewed on 9/11/2014

After meeting several photographers we didn't click with (no pun intended), Henderson and Renee were recommended to us by a friend of the family. After one meeting we knew they were going to be a perfect fit! Our photos turned out better than we could have ever hoped and every... Read More guest would not stop talking about how great they were to work with. They made us feel at ease while keeping us involved in the decisions. Saying "I recommend them" would be an understatement. I have a couple of regrets from my wedding day but none of them have to do with the photography! If they are available for your date, go for it!

Henderson Lewis

Proud resident of Charlotte, NC. We have been capturing memories for couples for over ten years! We travel, we love what we do, and most importantly, we don't charge by the hour (all packages include full day coverage). Family, friends, photography, and coffee keep us happy and motivated. -Henderson