Hermann Hill Weddings

Hermann, MO

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Host a romantic, private wedding ceremony along the scenic Missouri River at Hermann Hill Weddings, a picturesque and popular wedding event venue nestled in a storybook setting in Hermann, Missouri. The location is conveniently accessible to couples from Saint Louis to Columbia via I-70. The maximum number of guests you may host for an indoor ceremony is 225, while up to 300 guests may be served here for an indoor reception or outdoor ceremony.

Hermann Hill Weddings offers couples their choice of two well-maintained outdoor ceremony venues. All outdoor venues have an indoor option in case of inclement weather. Because only one event is held at a time, ceremony locations give you privacy and seclusion during your most special and sacred moments. Ceremony spaces are as follows:

The Chapel. Glorious yet clean-lined cathedral-height windows are arranged at one end of the chapel to create a simple, pure backdrop for your wedding ceremony. River, woodlands and sky make a serene backdrop behind the raised altar area accented with warm wood molding. The minimalist space has neutral floors, ceilings and walls to accommodate any color scheme, and it has warm wooden pews for comfortable guest seating.

Gazebo. Walk up a gentle hill on a wide, paved walkway to a pristine white gazebo overlooking the mighty Missouri. Whether you exchange your vows under a sunny sky, a colorful sunset or the magical lights of the gazebo at night, the views for you and your guests will be beloved memories of your wedding day.

The River Bluff. The amphitheater seating lets you host up to 300 guests. This stone and landscaped area is tiered for great visibility for everyone. Exchange vows with the River rippling before you and the Gazebo framing the hill above you. Beautiful foliage and flowers give the space a timeless, lush look that creates a unique ceremony and photo backdrop.

Two reception areas and a private lodging/reception area are available for your cocktail hour or banquet. Room capacities depend on how you arrange the spaces.

The Pavilion. This indoor ballroom space holds large events with up to 300 guests and feels as if it's part of the outdoor space. The huge windows offer panoramic views of the romantic scenery surrounding the venue, while the ample windows open to let in gentle breezes in mild weather. With its west-facing windows, the sunset views from the Pavilion are stunning.

The River Bluff Cottage Couples who purchase a luxury wedding package are offered this separate venue. Choose to stay for one or two nights depending on your selected package. Enjoy chef-made breakfast delivered to the cottage, the hot tub located on the deck and the Jacuzzi tub. The River Bluff Cottage also has a full kitchen, grill and steam shower.

The River Room. Host a reception for the wedding party, a farewell breakfast for parents or an intimate cocktail hour here. The tastefully appointed space holds up to 40 guests and also has its own lounge area.

Hermann Hill Weddings handles all catering and beverage service and has menus for appetizer-only, luncheon, and brunch-style banquets. Buffet selections on the classic dinner menu include Italian wedding soup, baked manicotti, chicken with vodka sauce and crab-stuffed salmon. Beef brisket, rib eye steak and two kinds of lasagna are also filling choices. An optional menu offers a more low-key selection of dishes including beef tips with noodles and orange-glazed pork. Food and beverage minimums apply.

You may bring your own cake, and other event rentals from outside wedding professionals are permitted. many package options are available, from elopement packages for just the two of you to luxury wine country celebrations. Reception-only events are possible too.

Hermann Hill Weddings offers premium wedding service including the Ultimate III Package which includes a honeymoon spa package, couples massage in the cottage, light lunch delivered to the bride's and groom's rooms. custom head table with chargers, specialty lighting/decor and decorative napkins. You also receive the services of a musician and officiant, a wedding coordinator and waitstaff to serve plated meals. There are even more amenities included with this luxury package, which makes it a great choice for busy and out-of-state couples who need help pulling all of their wedding details together.

One big benefit of Hermann Hill Weddings is the chance to attend one of their open house events -- called the Hermann Hill Wedding Trail -- held in January, April, and September. Couples who plan to book or who are already booked get to chat with local vendors, tour the venue and meet staff. You can sample the menu and beverage selections and take measurements to plan your floor arrangement. Other extras included with all packages are:

• One night honeymoon lodging for couple
  • Cutting, plating, serving and boxing of cake
  • Wedding coordinator services
  • Gourmet beverage bar
  • Complimentary bottled water after bar service
  • Couple's dressing rooms

A Classic Wine Country Wedding

At Hermann Hill, your guests will enjoy a stunning river bluff setting, fantastic food, and spectacular service. We'll help you create the unique wedding you're envisioning with stress-free planning and classic designs...and our amazing sunsets are an added bonus! Schedule a private tour or join us for our next open-house event on Sunday, September 10, 2017 from 11:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Register by calling 314.800.3295 or visit our website at www.hermannmoweddings.com.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

165 Hwy 100 East, Hermann, MO (314) 800-3295

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Rick S

My wife Bobby and I could not have made a better choice than Hermann Hill Venue for our wedding. Everything there is beautiful and so well layed out. The service and personal attention from our coordinator Becki was absolutely astounding. Becki along with the entire staff made... Read More our wedding and plans run flawlessly. And the cottages are beautiful. If I could give a ten star rating I would do it in a second.

2016-12-02T10:32:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks Rick! We loved hosting your wedding! Congratulations and best wishes to you and Bobby!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Alyson B

I don't even know where to begin with this review. We had the most amazing wedding and planners. Our planner Becki krupp took care of all of my stress, set our tables up perfectly and managed the entire event to what looked effortless (although we know she worked her butt off!).... Read More I would get married here time and time again if I could! I just loved it and we have had compliments on this venue nonstop, months after our wedding. I highly recommend this venue for the beautiful wow factor venue, amazing photos and the great staff! I also need to extend this to the amazing Ronda who prepared all of our food. :)

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Sarah P

We had the small and simply elegant package as we only had 10 guests. It was absolutely perfect from the bluff top ceremony to the delicious reception. This package also included a cake and the brides bouquet along with the grooms buotteniere. The cake was wonderfully moist... Read More with a delicious vanilla buttercream that was just the right sweetness. Communication was a bit rough at times because all planning was basically done via email and phone conversations as this wedding was planned in just about 3 months, but it turned out perfect. They made planning the event a complete breeze. I would highly recommend Hermann Hill for your wedding whether large or small like ours and the cottages for your wedding night are amazing. We have already booked for our one year anniversary. Not to mention that Hermann Hill is nestled in beautiful Hermann, Missouri which is the ultimate in the Missouri wine country experience.

2017-05-15T10:44:15 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed having you, your friends and family at Hermann Hill. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It has been an absolute pleasure. Best wishes to such a happy couple!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kelsey H

I don't even know where to begin, Hermann Hill was beyond perfect!!! We only toured 2 venues, and after meeting with Becki and seeing the property, I knew that was where I wanted to do our reception. Our process was was about a year and a half and every step of the way was... Read More flawless. Less than a year before our wedding, I had some health problems, and they worked with me, to make sure we were able to keep our wedding going. Everything is just perfect. The coordinators are amazing, the property is beautiful!!! We only held our reception there, but the guests were blown away by the beautiful outdoor area overlooking the river. The reception room is stunning with all the chandeliers and all the little extras they do. The reception went smooth, working with Jennifer and everyone was very impressed. The food was GREAT! Everything I tasted was awesome! Considering everything included, the price is not bad at all, and to top it all off, we had a nice stay in the cottage and got to relax in the hot tub after a hectic day. You will NOT regret using Hermann Hill. Such a great choice.

2017-04-26T20:52:11 Response from the vendor

We loved being a part of your special day! Thank you for the lovely feedback and you better visit us again soon!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Will G

Our wedding was perfect at Hermann Hill. The food, service, decorations, lodging and everything about our wedding was fantastic. Our 2 wedding planners made the process simple and we are very happy with the entire process. We highly recommend you contact Hermann Hill for your... Read More wedding plans!

2017-05-15T10:46:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review Hermann Hill. It mean the world to us. We hope that Hermann Hill can be a destination you come to for many special occasions in your future!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Sheri B

Our daughter and son-in-law were married at Hermann Hill February 11. They had some unique ideas about the wedding, starting with getting married at 9 a.m. We planned the entire wedding in under 2 months. It was simply beautiful. The venue is gorgeous, the food and drinks are... Read More great, and the setting is nothing short of spectacular. All that would be enough, but what really puts this place over the top is the personalized care and attention from the staff. Freyja, our wedding coordinator, was simply amazing. She got excited about the little things we were excited about. She listened to every idea, every vision, every little desire for the day, and she came alongside us and helped make it all happen, and happen beautifully! It is evident she loves her job, and I felt like she was an adopted member of the family, only harder working. She seemed to be everywhere, keeping folks happy and making things happen. My husband mentioned to her that his parents got married in Hermann on an unseasonably warm winter day and drove around in a convertible afterwards. She went on a quest with him to find the owners of a convertible in the parking lot to get some photos. We love you, Freyja, and we love Hermann Hill!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Jamie D

We can't say enough great things about Hermann Hill! It was the first venue we looked into and they set the bar high. Our only reservation was the distance. We worked with Becki from the beginning and she always made us feel like a priority and took care of all those little... Read More details we wouldn't have thought of. As our luck would have it an ice storm came through on our wedding day. Hermann Hill was so accommodating! They offered lodging for our vendors, made sure our cottage was stocked with food just in case it got too bad and treated the drives and walkways several times throughout the evening to ensure the safety of our guests. The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious and the staff is amazing! Get married at Hermann Hill! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Amanda S

WE LOVE LOVE LOVE HERMANN HILL!!!! We were married at Hermann Hill on 10/22/16. Saying that our wedding day was a dream come true would absolutely be an understatement!! From the moment we booked our wedding, we were blown away by everything this venue has to offer. Everyone on... Read More their staff was extremely amazing. Our wedding coordinator Becki was there for me anytime I had even the silliest of questions. I felt as if I was working with a best friend. She was always checking up on me, was there for me anytime I needed her - no matter how little the detail, she was always on top of anything that we needed- no questions asked. The wedding day went off without a hitch and we definitely have her to thank for that! The service that our family and friends received by everyone on the staff was something that we could never have imagined. All of our guests keep telling us that it was BY FAR, the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. We were married outside on the RiverBluff. The scenery and views are gorgeous!!! The only thing negative I have to say is that the day went by too fast. I would have loved another day of celebration at this venue. If you are thinking about booking here- you absolutely should! Thanks to all the Hermann Hill staff and to Terry and Peggy for such a perfect wedding day! We will be back to visit often!! -Love, Matt and Amanda Stapf

2016-12-02T10:35:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I miss the two of you already! Your wedding was gorgeous! -Becki

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Lyssa A

I don't have much experience with weddings. I had to do my research. We were also paying for everything without help from either of our families and I was finishing up my nursing degree so I really had my work cut out for me. 1.) I needed a place we could afford that was... Read More beautiful. 2.) I needed a place that would be as "stress" free as possible 3.) I needed a place with good connections to vendors-photography, cake, etc. I choose Hermann Hill for these reasons and because they had flexible packages that I could afford. I put a deposit down to hold our date. I was not sure how I was going to do things at this point but I met Becki. Becki would end up being my wedding coordinator(planner) and I have got to say she was the reason my big day was a success, which was really important to me as this would be the first big event in my family! She suggested we go to a Hermann Hill wedding trail to get an idea of what we wanted. We went to TWO! My husband loved them. I was honest with Becki in where I was at financially, my expectations, barriers I had etc. We found a way to make everything happen. Hermann Hill had a flexible payment option, we chose to get married on a Friday to save money, and the Ultimate 2 wedding package had everything we needed. She introduced me to vendors who were flexible and worked with me in all aspects. She calmed my future husband down and that's not easy to do ;). Rob changed his mind about our colors 4 months away from the wedding! That was handled beautifully although I would NOT recommend you do that! I wish I could upload pictures so you could see how beautiful everything ended up being Check out the Hermann Hill website to look at photos-this helped me immensely. http://hermannmoweddings.com/photo-gallery/ There were some things that were not perfect but as soon as I talked to Becki about them they were fixed and my family is still talking to me about how beautiful Rob and I were, how great the food was, the top shelf drinks etc. The chapel is onsite, my family(especially my family from out of state) had the option to lodge there, vendors were familiar with the site and all of this helped to make my day as stress free as possible. Thank you Hermann Hill and Becki K. I'll always remember you every year my husband and I share our anniversary.

2016-12-02T10:32:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lyssa! It was such a pleasure assisting the two of you! Keep in touch! -Becki

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Liz S

Hermann Hill turned out to be a wonderful wedding venue and looked amazing the day of our wedding! We got married this past October and with the color changes on the leaves and with the Missouri river in the background everything was absolutely beautiful! The staff was so easy... Read More to work with from the start as well. Teckla was amazing helping us arrange everything at the beginning and our wedding coordinator Freyja was so responsive and on top of all the details. They truly made this day stress free! The day of the wedding the reception was already set up when we arrived and I was in awe in how everything had come together. Rhonda the chef did an amazing job with the beef brisket we had with dinner and we are still getting compliments about how delicious dinner was. As most people already know you tend to eat very little on your wedding day and our coordinator was sweet enough to put a dinner plate for each of us in our complimentary cottage we stayed in the evening of our wedding. Everything about our wedding day was perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you so much to everyone at Hermann Hill and I would recommend this venue to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Rick S

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Bethany C

I cannot give Hermann Hill enough praise for everything they did for us in our special day. Our coordinator Teckla was amazing!!! She was there every step of the way to make sure every detail was perfect. She was always on her toes and I could not have had this special of a day... Read More without her. Our food was incredible and guest told me this was the best wedding food and wedding they've ever been to. The staff treat you like family and have thought of every thing. The view and Ceremony site are the prettiest in Missouri. I wish I could live that day all over again. We got ready in the brides room, danced and drank mimosas. The waterfall and Little Rock chapel are amazing for pictures. We spent Our honeymoon in the villas on site. They were so clean and had everything, even a hot tub on the deck. We just sat in there that night and reflected on how wonderful and perfect every moment was. I would recommend Hermann Hill over and over again!! Can't wait to go back for our anniversary!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kirsten H

My now-husband and I had the most amazing experience with Hermann Hill! Becki Krupp, who was the lead coordinator of our wedding, went above and beyond to make our day incredibly special. We could not have asked for a more gorgeous venue (both chapel and reception hall), or more... Read More friendly, accommodating, professional, and passionate staff. The outdoor scenery is incredible - the location overlooks the river, has a lovely white gazebo, a stone overlook spot, plenty of deck and outdoor patio space for enjoying lovely weather. The wonderful staff was very accommodating to work with us on our budget while still having a fantastic, elegant wedding! We did a Sunday October brunch wedding, and the brunch food, drinks, and atmosphere were incredible. We couldn't have asked for better weather! Also, they are over-prepared for every possible scenario, from ladies forgetting cosmetic supplies, to ensuring the wedding party has food and drinks! We will go back as frequently as possible to visit - we absolutely recommend this location to anyone and everyone! If anyone wants to hear further details of our brunch wedding, please feel free to reach out and I'm happy to share what Hermann Hill did for our special day.

2016-12-02T10:33:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We had such a great time at your wedding! Best wishes to you two and keep in touch! -Becki

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Cynthia C

I got married there on October 9, 2016 and it was absolutely perfect. They were extremely helpful from the first time we went to look at the site all the way through the wedding. Donna and Becki were fantastic as wedding coordinators and definitely helped everything go as... Read More smoothly as it did. It was a very flexible and lowkey atmosphere during the planning phase which was very much appreciated. The attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond were priceless. I would wholeheartedly recommend this venue.

2016-12-02T10:34:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We loved every moment of you wedding! Keep in touch! -Becki

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Rachel A

Our experience was perfect from start to finish. The staff at Hermann Hill are spectacular- they take of so many details and take so much stress off the bride and groom. Our wedding was exactly as I had pictures it. Our coordinators, Sharon and Ellen, were amazing. The food was... Read More delicious and people raved about it. This was the perfect place for a gorgeous and relatively stress free wedding.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Melissa

Hermann Hill is a top notch venue. Gorgeous views, awesome food and outstanding service. Mary, our wedding coordinator, helped us plan every detail and it turned out beautiful. We are very pleased with our wedding day and wedding night stay in the cottage! We are so happy... Read More that we chose Hermann Hill for our wedding venue!

2016-07-06T15:48:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Congratulations and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Kaitlyn S

I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GREAT THINGS ABOUT HERMANN HILL!! This place is magical! I recently got married here and every step of the way was stress free and effortless! I live states away yet never felt like I was hundreds of miles away. Leading up to our wedding day we had the most... Read More fun planning session with my dad and now husband. We came to Hermann Hill and chef Rhonda made us lunch, we had a few beverages, played with centerpieces and decor, lighting, and got every details about our wedding organized with our coordinator so that all I needed to do was show up with a dress. When our wedding day arrived I showed up with my mothers and bridesmaids and was greeted with the Biggest Welcoming Hug and mimosas and spent the morning primping and laughing, listening to music and doing all the "girl things" in the amazing Brides Room with big mirrors and fireplace. TECKLA was my coordinator and wedding planner. Her attention to detail was immaculate and everything we wanted was PERFECT!! She made sure myself, wedding party, family and guest we're taken care of like royalty. She was there every step of the way and 0could not have done this without her and the other amazing Hermann Hill staff. Chef Rhonda prepared such a memorable meal, and accommodated any guest that had special request. I'm still hearing how great Dinner was. The Venue itself is remarkable! The river, rolling hills and view made the best pictures. It truly is designed for dream weddings. Thank you so much Hermann Hill from the bottom of our hearts! I could not have asked for a better place to marry my best friend!!!

2016-07-06T15:49:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much and congratulations! We loved your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Pamela P

Our wedding at Hermann Hill was like a fairytale, dream come true. Although the weather was perfect, so was everything else at Hermann Hill. Miranda the venues sales person got us in the door with her totally on top of it responses. Then, Merry and Teckla did a fantastic job... Read More ensuring that everything went perfectly! Out wedding was just perfect!!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Tracy

Amazing! We got married here on 3/31/16, we had a very small wedding but all the staff Hermann Hill at Hermann Hill made sure we still felt important and had a great wedding! Teckla was our wedding coordinator.. she did an incredible job. Our day turned out better than I... Read More could have imagined.

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Andrea E

Our wedding at Hermann Hill was beyond spectacular and even beyond how amazing I knew it would be. EVERYTHING was perfect. From the most important details down to the tiny details, Hermann Hill took care of everything and made our day magical. All of our guests were greatly... Read More impressed with our wedding because of the beauty of the location and the attention they received all night from the HH staff. My dad couldn't believe how well you all took care of us, he kept saying "I have never seen a wedding venue or wedding planner cater to the bride and groom so much, much less the guests, the way HH did for you. They were awesome." And he has been to a lot of weddings....and Brad and I both agree with him. From the rehearsal, to setting up our uplighting, to setting up all the small details of our reception, to Merry helping me bustle my dress when we were having problems, to Becki always appearing seemingly out of nowhere to ask me what drink I wanted (I wouldn't have had a drink all night if it wasn't for her), to getting us some leftover food and appetizers (which we ate every last bit because it was so delicious), to helping us gather and pack ALL of the stuff up and take it to our room at the end of the night; you all were amazing!! We are forever grateful to Merry, Becki, and the Hermann Hill staff for making our day the best day we've ever experienced, truthfully.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

The place is unbelievable. The parts that set it apart from every other venue: 1. you have 3 different sites to have have your ceremony. Best part? you can decide up to 3 days before event if you want indoors or outdoor. 2. you have a coordinator the entire planning period... Read More helping you remember/ decide the details that are often overlooked. We had a slight issue with transportation that Adriana had helped me solve, and she was just reassuring throughout the whole process. 3. You have many options to fit your budgets. We had chose top shelf, open bar, and 2 entrees buffet style. I typically hate buffet style, but they were extremely efficient in executing dinner and the food quality was great. It is really just a great, romantic setting. I have no regrets and am still being told that it was the best wedding ever ( top shelf, open bar probably sealed that deal :) ) Staf was unbelievable- Thank you Adriana and Karen!! Amanda Gaines

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

With the help of our amazing coordinator Adriana, out wedding day went off perfectly. Would highly recommend Hermann Hill to anyone planning a wedding. Pricing is great and received world class treatment from everyone involved. Using a venue with full service made our day so... Read More much more relaxing and enjoyable.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Shari W

We were married November 6, 20015. As soon as we toured Herman Hill we knew we wanted our special day to be there. The grounds and the buildings are so beautiful i can't even imagine a more beautiful setting. They have an amazing chef and every menu choice is so delicious you... Read More will have a hard time choosing! The planning is so easy because they bring everyone to your planning session and help you plan the day you have always dreamed of. When your day arrives your planner and everyone at Herman Hill do everything to make your day perfect! It was just the best day ever. Thank you again to my planner Adrianna and all the staff at Herman Hill!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Mandy C

Such a picturesque place to get married any time of year! My husband and I got married here a few years ago and my family still talks about how beautiful everything was! The coordinators and chef make everything easy and are amazing to work with. Every detail was taken care of... Read More and we got to enjoy our big day! Thanks again Hermann Hill!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Tracey H

This place is fantastic. My husband and I had looked at several venues for our wedding before coming to Hermann Hill. As soon as I walked into the chapel, I knew this was the place. The views and the facility are gorgeous. What I was not expecting was how wonderful the staff... Read More would be. Sharon, my wedding coordinator stayed in touch several months preceding the wedding to make sure that I had everything I needed and that all the details of the timeline of the wedding day were what we wanted. I am a huge procrastinator, so this is exactly what I needed. The rehearsal and day of the wedding were absolutely perfect. Sharon and Ellen were there with us the whole day to make sure everything ran smoothly, all the way from helping to steam one of the bridesmaids dresses, to helping set out centerpieces, to reassuring me that the marriage license was where it needed to be when there was a moment I didn't know who had it. The ceremony and reception went smoothly, and we didn't have to worry about a thing. I would recommend this place 100%. The staff at Hermann Hill handled all the logistical details that would have otherwise been forced on a family member, and everyone was able to enjoy the day. The cottage was the perfect way to end the day. You definitely get what you pay for here, and then some. I could not be happier with how everything turned out. Thank you for making my day perfect!