Documentary

Online Proofing, Digital Files

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Laura B

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Lindsey. She was professional and extremely easy to work with. The photos from our wedding at The Arcade in downtown Cleveland turned out absolutely perfect. All of the lighting adjustments that had to be made to the photos did not... Read More seem fake or "filtered". All of the photos accentuated the beauty and the details of the wedding that I had planned. She captured the beauty of the venue as well as every single shot that I asked her to take. My family loved her and said she was fun and easy to interact with. She was so accommodating that we hired her for my sister's wedding as well in February.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Brittany F

Working with Herschel-James Photography stands out as one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Initially, we hired HJP for our engagement photos. After the experience we had with Lindsey, we felt really good about hiring her for our wedding photos. She was on time and... Read More professional when we first met. Then, during the shoot, she was flexible and insightful, providing several subtle suggestions for improving our photos. Not necessarily known for our modeling acumen, it was a welcomed approach that yielded some memorable photos. During the planning process she was very accommodating of all of our ideas and made sure her went through our Pinterest board as well as had planning meetings with us to make sure she had all of the day of details down. Lindsey and Audrey worked tirelessly to make sure that they captured everything throughout the entire night, even going above and beyond to do things that most other photographers might balk at (or even charge extra for). Afterward, Lindsey delivered some really amazing photos on our 1-month anniversary. They didn’t miss a thing! All around, Lindsey and her team made the process comfortable, fun, and easy.

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Allison M

I can't thank Lindsey enough for the amazing job she did on our wedding pictures! Looking back at them she captured everything we asked for and more! She was such a pleasure to work with and made everything easy for me. I was a little nervous at first about not having a second... Read More photographer, but it was completely unnecessary, Lindsey is so wonderful she got more angles and shots of the same moments we couldn't ask for a better photographer! I loved that we had some of the typical wedding poses but also the candids are some of our favorites, my husband and I aren't great in front of a camera but she always had suggestions and was always keeping things moving. I did miss a few family shots that I had wanted, but it was entirely my fault, she stuck to the list that we wanted and reminded us when we didn't have it all taken yet, we just got caught up in the whirlwind. I don't plan on having another wedding, but I'd definitely use her again and recommend to others!

Beyond Expectations!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Gabrielle S

Lindsey is a master at capturing moments. When we received all of our edited photos we were so touched to see so many smiles, laughter, and tears. It was like living the wedding again, there was so much documented in the photos that we either forgot about or didn't get to see.... Read More On top of delivering beautiful photos Lindsey was so easy to work with and so laid back. We barely even knew she was there most the day but it is clear from the photos that she was everywhere. On the day of the wedding she showed up early and left late and even brought an apprentice (free of charge) as back up for the ceremony. On top of that we received almost 800 photos only 3 weeks later (average for most photographers is more like 8 weeks but often longer). I can't say enough to describe how happy we are with her service. She goes completely above and beyond!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Naomi D

Lindsey did an excellent job capturing our wedding day. From the getting ready pictures to the end of the reception, she was everywhere. All our guests have mentioned how Lindsey was constantly taking pictures. We love the pictures and received hundreds we can chose from. From... Read More the first meeting with Lindsey, she makes you feel at ease and really cares about capturing the perfect moments throughout the day.

Absolutely PERFECT

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Jennifer V

Lindsey and her team gave us EXACTLY what we wanted... beautiful, high-quality, true-to-life photos that captured practically every detail of our wedding. They turned out better than we could have ever imagined and I was absolutely blown away when I saw them. We got fantastic... Read More candid shots, posed shots, and everything in between. I am overjoyed knowing we have these pictures forever as the perfect way to remember our wedding. Lindsey was organized and professional. She made sure everything flowed smoothly and really took care of us. Thank you, Lindsey!!!

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Christina M

Lindsey did an amazing job for our wedding! Within a few weeks of our wedding, we had hundreds of images. I selected my top 50 to make a wedding album out of. My husband and I are camera shy people and her style of photography worked out perfect for us. We didn't even... Read More realize she was there for most of it which let us really enjoy the night and not worry so much about getting those perfect shots. We are very happy and highly recommend Herschel-James.

Gorgeous Engagement Photography!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Lindsey did the photography of our actual engagement proposal, and they are the most beautiful, spontaneous photos we have ever had. My now-husband had secretly arranged with Lindsey to capture the proposal moment as a surprise to me, and she somehow was able to take pictures... Read More through a Cleveland blizzard to make the setting and the moment look like a movie scene. We are so happy to have had someone as professional and talented as Lindsey be the photographer that preserved that memory so beautifully. We definitely recommend working with her for ANY of your special events!

Fantastic Photographer, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Lauren M

When I started planning our wedding friends all said to be sure to find a good photographer because the day goes so fast, all you will have to remember everything are the photographs. It was great advice. Think about how fast Christmas goes and you really only plan it for a few... Read More weeks. I found Herschel-James through The Knot and reading reviews like the one I am writing now. We wanted someone who would capture our day and who we would feel comfortable with in the room. From our first meeting where we described how we envisioned our photographs with an honest depiction of the wedding day capturing our guests we felt comfortable. This was huge form my husband. When he and I take pictures with family I get a pinch because of how uncomfortable he is posing. Lindsey and I met a few weeks before the wedding, went over all the pictures I wanted to be sure we captured with friends and family, our timeline for the photos and the details to the wedding. I have received so many compliments on the pictures she and Maria took at the wedding. Not only did they capture everyone at the wedding, the different groups and family members, but the candid photos were all wonderful and captured the expression of our guests in the most flattering way. I've been in so many weddings and experienced different photographers and maybe it was because it was my wedding, but I still get the sense that everyone felt the same way, comfortable with having their photo taken by Lindsey and Maria. We had our photos within the month of our wedding and again, everyone who has seen them has raved about the pictures. Friends of ares who were unable to travel in felt like they were part of the day and I can look through the pictures and re-live one of the best, most fun days of my life. For that I will be eternally grateful. So, If you are looking for a photographer, take the time to meet with Lindsey. You won't be disappointed if you choose her as your photographer.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kelsey D

Lindsey was absolutely wonderful to work with! I found her through reviews on The Knot about 11 months before my June wedding. She took engagement photos for us in the fall which turned out great! We live in Cincinnati and she was super flexible with us and actually ended up... Read More taking our engagement photos in Columbus while she was visiting her family for the weekend. We really appreciated this as it saved us a trip to Cleveland when we were already making a ton of trips for other wedding planning things! Lindsey was very easy to work with leading up to the wedding and was eager to scope out photo location options for us and suggest other spots. All of the prep work was evident the day of the wedding, as Lindsey was able to efficiently move our families and the wedding party through our list of must have shots and she and her other shooter were also able to capture some amazing natural/action shots that we love. Their photos from the wedding day turned out beautiful and we are still receiving compliments! One of my bridesmaids was so impressed with their work and how smoothly the day ran with them that she has booked Lindsey for her own wedding next year. I would highly recommend Herschel James to anyone!

Herschel-James Photography

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Sarah K

Lindsey and her crew photographed our wedding over a year ago and to this day, we still treasure the wonderful photos they took. They were very professional, friendly and flexible with our time schedule for the day. There were two photographers so each of them got great photos... Read More from different angles, which was important to me. We got our photos (over 1,000 of them!) back promptly and everyone who saw our photos loved them! They did such a fantastic job and I look forward to using their services again!

Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Elyse P

We chose this photographer because we liked the style of her work and also felt she was fairly priced as compared to other photographers we had seen. While we did request many posed photos, we also really wanted a lot of candids and action shots. We were extremely pleased with... Read More the end result. Lindsey had our edited photos completed in about 3 weeks...all 870 photos! (We have friends who were married months before us still waiting to get theirs back!). In addition, Lindsey and her second shooter Audrey were very personable and enjoyable to work with on our wedding day, accommodating all of our requests. They were able to capture all of the important moments in the evening without having an overbearing presence. I would definitely recommend them to others!

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Lindsay G

Herschel-James did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Lindsey was fantastic and we could not have been happier with our photos. She really captured our wedding day and us. I found Herschel-James on The Knot and after contacting them, Lindsey was very quick to... Read More respond. Our engagement photos came out great. We wanted to have them taken outside but of course the day we were supposed to take them the weather was horrible. Lindsey was so great and reschedule with us last minute because she knew the weather was going to be perfect another day in the week. She could not have been more right, they turned out PERFECT! She really captured who we were and made us look great. She was also very accommodating with what we wanted. Before our wedding Lindsey was great with getting back to us with all of our questions. We even talked the week before our wedding to make sure that we were all on the same page. Lindsey and James showed up early on our wedding day and started working right away. They were fantastic and you hardly noticed they were there. They also made sure that every little detail was set for our photos. If my dress needed to be fixed Lindsey was right there making sure everything was seamless. They worked up until the last minute they were there. At the end of the night they were able to take an absolutely stunning photo of us in the moonlight. I will cherish this photo forever. It was a great picture to capture the end of the best day ever. We received our photos just a few weeks after the wedding. We were shocked and so happy! I love looking through them and reliving every moment of the wedding. They captured everything and we could not be happier. Overall I would highly recommend using Herschel-James. I am so pleased with our photos and can’t stop looking at them. I plan to use them in for future photo sessions.

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Kayleigh T

My husband and I used Herschel-James Photography to capture our wedding day, and we couldn't be happier. Lindsey and Audrey were the epitome of perfection! I found Lindsey on The Knot and contacted her about 10 months before the wedding. She responded immediately and answered... Read More any questions that I had. We met her the same week. We told her what we were looking for and the type of wedding we wanted. We felt so incredibly comfortable. I left knowing that we had made the right choice. Lindsey checked in with me over the months prior to the wedding, always offering to help or if I needed anything. She even helped me with an itinerary for the day of the wedding because weather had changed our original plans! Lindsey and Audrey were extremely prompt and even showed up early. Lindsey even took the time to come to our venue the night before to become more comfortable with the venue, which we never asked her to do. She was incredibly professional and friendly, making me feel comfortable in each and every situation. She was at each section of the wedding, never missing a beat. She seemed to be everywhere! Each time a friend or family member tried to take a picture with a phone or camera, Lindsey was there to take a professional one as well. We received our pictures 3 short weeks after the wedding, which to us and everyone we spoke to, was unheard of. The pictures are priceless. Looking through the pictures was like reliving the wedding day. Lindsey prides herself on telling the story of your event. She did EXACTLY that and above and beyond anything that we could have imagined.The color of the pictures were perfect and exactly how our wedding day looked. It was wonderful because she captured emotions and not posed pictures. I was able to see my husbands face when I was walking down the aisle, my mother's face when we were saying our vows, my mother-in-law's happy tears when I gave her a present before the ceremony, and my grandmother's smile as she watched us say "I do." These are things I never thought that I would have been able to see. Herschel-James Photography will always be my number one choice. Thank you for telling the beautiful story of my wedding day. I could honestly not be happier!

Perfect photos of our special day!!!

Reviewed on 7/26/2013 Leslie M

Herschel-James did an amazing job of capturing the feeling of our special day! Really great quality photos!!!! Lindsey and Amanda arrived early to our function, they were professional in every way, and we did not even know they were there. They took a lot of photos and they all... Read More came out great. The photos really showed the feeling of our day! Can't stop reliving the fun through our photos.

Exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 12/01/2011 Jessica H

Upon searching for a photographer to do our engagement pictures, we were recommended to check our Herschel James by a close friend. Upon contacting Kenny, we knew that we had made the right choice. He and Lindsey were extremely helpful and courteous on scheduling a date and... Read More location for our pictures. When the day came, they both made us feel so at ease with the process and picked out great scenes/backdrops for our photos. They valued our ideas and recommended others when we ran out of them in order to get the best photo experience possible. The photos turned out better than my fiancé and I could have imagined! Thank you Kenny and Lindsey! We will be sure to use Herschel James for future photo sessions and we HIGHLY recommend them to anyone in search of great photography!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 12/01/2011 Michael M

Not only did the photographs turn out perfectly, the photographers made significant contributions to the feel of the wedding and that is something we will never forget. They were completely professional and knew exactly what they were doing with their craft. The price was great,... Read More but the quality of their work spoke for itself... perfection! Thanks guys!

Perfectly Captured Memories

Reviewed on 11/22/2011 Jennie T

My husband and I selected Herschel-James photography after one look at their portfolio. We really wanted photos that embraced the fun atmosphere of our wedding celebration, and they really captured that in our pictures! Our engagement pictures are absolutely beautiful. It... Read More was important for us to have a more candid look to our pictures as neither one of us are overly photogenic. Looking through our engagement pictures, it feels like my husband and I were merely walking down the street when someone snapped the photo. Our engagement photos are breath-taking and a perfect addition to our growing portfolio of wedding pics. The day of the wedding was amazing! Lindsey and Kenny came to the hotel to take photos of us getting ready and then coordinated the first meeting with my husband and me. The moment where we first met continues to bring me to tears as I look through our photos. We wanted as many photos taken before the wedding, so we wouldn't miss out on too much of the party and our photographers did an excellent job moving things along. Kenny even jumped in to save my white dress from dogs in the park! Our wedding was one where we really wanted our guests to kick back, eat, drink, dance and have a great time. When we received our photos back from Herschel-James, the majority of our photos capture the guests doing just that! Every guest appears in a number of photos, everyone is laughing and dancing, and clearly having a wonderful time! I would highly recommend working with Herschel-James Photography for a number of reasons. The biggest reason is they really listen to their clients and take the photos you want. I felt completely comfortable saying what type of photos I like, and they just took it from there. Another is they are so creative! Looking back on our photos there are some really unique angles and shots you don't see with every photographer. I really do believe they went above and beyond to make our pictures special for us. And finally, they made us feel so comfortable from the first meeting until the wedding ended! I felt having that relationship was vital to having natural looking photos, and Lindsey and Kenny were great at making me feel at ease. Overall, I couldn't be happier with our experience with Herschel-James Photography. We have amazing photos that will remind us of the fun times we had that day.

Perfect Engagement

Reviewed on 9/25/2011 Susan D

After one night of complaining to my best friend of the struggles I had trying to find a local photographer for my engagement pictures she suggested Herschel-James Photography. After looking on their web site at examples I knew I had a good feeling about them. I wanted pictures... Read More that looked natural and not "posed"...but the one thing that got me to contact them was the fact that they gave you ALL your pictures and went to the site you chose. Every other photography company I looked at was not cheap and they got all the rights to your pictures! (which I don't understand, why pay someone you don't even know tons of money to take pictures of you and they keep them?! again they don't know you! haha) At the actual session Lindsey and her partner in crime were extremely helpful and comforting. The pictures turned out better than I hoped and they got returned to me in a timely manner. I highly suggest Herschel-James Photography!

Just what we wanted!

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Jennifer G

Herschel-James Photography exceeded our expectations. They took beautiful photos of our wedding day and captured all those special moments. Their pictures really told a story of the day. We were more than pleased with how they turned out. Herschel-James photographers were so... Read More professional and easy to work with. They were not pushy or in our faces at all. They did what we wanted and couldn't be happier with their work. Lindsey and Kenny are fantastic photographers. If I could plan my wedding all over again, I would still choose Herschel-James. If you want quality pictures that are unique and professionally done, then Herschel-James is the way to go!

Highest Recommendation

Reviewed on 6/06/2011 Sarah G

I can highly recommend Herschel-James Photography. The photographers were professional, courteous, timely, and delivered very high quality pictures. We were interested in a photojournalism style and this is exactly what Lindsey and Kenny delivered. Everyone who saw our photos... Read More was extremely impressed. Multiple guests also commented that Lindsey and Kenny were easy to work with, not intrusive, and always nearby to document the moment. The photographs captured all the joy, surprise, delight, and emotion of our day without any of artificial posing that is so typical of weddings. Lindsey and Kenny were open to our ideas and very flexible in terms of multiple locations during our wedding day. They were very easy to communicate with over email, phone, and in-person. I would 100% choose Herschel-James again and would recommend this group to any bride and groom who value excellent photographs at a very competitive price.

Great Photographers!

Reviewed on 3/22/2011 Amanda M

Kenny and Lindsey were great and I would definitely recommend them. The engagement session was fun and a great way to get to know them and their style. On the wedding day they were professional and unobtrusive and got great pictures! They got the wedding photos to us very... Read More quickly--just a few days after we got back from the honeymoon--and I'm so happy with the results!

Truly exceptional photography at a GREAT price!

Reviewed on 11/21/2010 Sarah B

I would recommend Hershel-James Photography for anyone that wants a photojournalism approach to their wedding photography. That being said, Lindsey and Kenny also captured all of our traditional, posed shots with amazing results. HJP was excited to make all of the crazy, artsy... Read More shots of my dreams come true. As a bride, it was an awesome experience to look at the photos a few of weeks after the wedding and receive many, many wonderful surprise pictures. With two photographers, HJP takes each shot from two points of view which results in an alternative array of of photos to love. Before the wedding, I met with Lindsey and we outlined how the day would run and which shots and moments were most important to me. The day of the wedding, HJP arrived at my house early and full of energy and they maintained that energy throughout the day. Lindsey and Kenny were low-key and went with the flow. They did not command our wedding day but instead captured it along the way. If there is one thing that I would tell other brides that work with HJP, it is to make sure that you tell Lindsey and Kenny if there are shots that you do not want to miss. The day goes by very quickly and HJP keeps you on track but really lets you direct the day. So if there is something you want, say it and they will make it happen. But don't wait because you might lose your chance and your shot. Lindsey and Kenny were professional and fun and their presence only added to the joy of our wedding day. The photos reflect the trust we had in their expertise. After the wedding, we were very happy with the finished product, the photographs. We have already printed photos from our DVD to share with our families and plan on making our own albums. Lindsey was happy to see if there was one or two alternative shots that weren't originally provided. Our experience with Herschel-James Photography has been excellent. We have photos that reflect the love between my husband and myself, the bond between us and our friends and family, and the range of emotions of the day. HJP produced great photos from a whole spectrum of settings: intimate home interior, simple backyard, park- forest and stream shots, fun picnic, vintage bar, urban landscape, traditional and artistic church, wedding guest outside group shot, sunset, lake pictures, and warm, vibrant indoor reception. Our wedding was not a big, budget affair but you would not know that from what is captured in the pictures. Also, from the quality of the photos, you would never know that I spent less than $1K on photography. This was exactly what I was looking for in a photographer, and it was exactly what HJP delivered.

Gorgeous! Timeless!

Reviewed on 6/30/2010

The professionals behind Herschel-James are the best! They have an amazing attention to detail and style and every photo of my friends wedding was gorgeous and timeless. I can't wait to have them for my wedding and definitely recommend them!