Hey! Mr. DJ Event & Lighting Group LLC

Cincinnati, OH

Wedding receptions with imagination!

The most fun, most personalized, and most creative wedding receptions ever! Using unique ideas our talented DJ and MC teams will help you create a reception that is different and fresh. Pack your dance floor and impress your guests. Call today to party with the best!

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

7832 Laurel Ave, Cincinnati, OH (513) 617-5817
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Amanda A

We picked Brandon from Hey Mr DJ because we had been to so many weddings where he had "performed". Trust me, if you've ever been to a Brandon wedding you'll know what I mean. When we got engaged it was the very FIRST phone call we made. My husband and I were so excited that he... Read More was available for our date. From the very begining, it was a breeze to work with him. Our first meeting he was in depth and asked a bazillion questions. He really got to know us and our wedding style. He had such great ideas, like roasting our wedding party as a surprise for their entrance. To this day, it is still one of my favorite parts of the wedding!!! His suggestions really helped make our night so much fun. I mentioned that my brother was away serving in the marines and would be unable to attend. I was so upset. He then asked me is there were any ideas I had. My husbands friend is a singer and I had gotten him to agree to sing our wedding song first dance. Brandon got his info and told me he would take care of everything. He would get the info, practice with him, etc. I didn't have to do a thing. It was awesome!!!! The day of our wedding came and it went off without a hitch. Brandon emceed the entire event...like a BOSS!!! I could not believe how much he did. He single handedly ran that event. Seriously, without him our wedding would not have been the same. After the toasts, he came up behind us at the head table and said he has a surprise toast. Two seconds later my brothers voice came over the speakers to give a surprise toast. I completely lost it. It was the most special moment. Brandon single handedly tracked down my sister who got a hold of my mom who go him in touch with my brother to get this toast. A total surprise. He didn't have to do that but he knew it would mean the world. I own a salon and do a LOT of weddings. I ALWAYS refer Brandon and Hey Mr.DJ now!!!!!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about them!!

2015-10-27T11:58:47 Response from the vendor

Amanda as usual you rock! this is like the most kick butt review I have ever read. I am so proud of it! your wedding was an absolute highlight for me in 2015. What a great group of people and what an incredibly magical night.

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Lauren M

Brandon from Hey! Mr. DJ made our wedding everything we wanted it to be! As we've never had a wedding before, we really didn't know what we were getting into or even what all we needed. Brandon took care of everything! All we told him when we met with him was that we wanted it... Read More to be FUN and that's exactly what we got. Every person who I talked to at the wedding commented on what a FUN time they were having. The dance floor didn't empty until the night was over and they turned the lights on. Guests also commented on several of the more original games/ideas that Brandon had suggested and how great they thought they were. For us, the DJ was in our top three list of most important things for the wedding and Hey! Mr. DJ knocked it out of the park! My favorite part of my wedding day!

2015-10-27T11:59:51 Response from the vendor

Lauren thank you for the kids words. I loved knocking it out of the park with you guys! Fantastic night for sure!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Andy R

Patrick did an AMAZING job! He was great from the very start. Everything was timely and done exactly how we wanted it to be. He kept the flow of things moving smooth and everyone was out on the dance floor! I’ve had multiple people call/message me and tell us how much fun our... Read More reception was and how much they loved the music. I would highly recommend going with them especially Patrick!! Thanks again!!! -Andy&Ben

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Abbe H

We loved Brandon! He was very professional and gave us a lot of great ideas. Guests were coming up to me all night to rave about "The Bet DJ Ever!"

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Emma L

I can't say enough great things about Hey! Mr. DJ. Patrick was the MC for our wedding and the night was everything I could have asked for and a little more. Patrick took the time to get a good idea of what we were looking for at the meeting before our wedding - he asked us how... Read More we would like people to describe our reception - our reply was, "fun". I can honestly say, I never thought I would have so many guests tell me or write me later about how much fun they had at the reception - and how easy it was for them to stay on the dance floor until the end of the night because the music was perfect! Patrick was so easy to work with and made the entire night so enjoyable. You should highly consider choosing Hey! Mr. Dj for your event - you will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Sarah Anne S

Hey Mr. DJ was fabulous at our wedding. DJ Kyle nailed the ceremony and reception music including a song for my sister to sing along to. Our country themed wedding was made complete with good country music, great games and entertainment. we have been told our wedding was the... Read More most fun and best wedding our guests have ever been to.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017

We were very pleased with Hey Mr DJ! Kyle was our MC and he did a great job. He offered great suggestions and advice during the planning session as well as edited a song for us. We let Kyle choose the music for our entire reception and did an an amazing job. We had many... Read More compliments on his services.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kara S

We loved having Hey! Mr DJ for our wedding! Brandon did such a good job at getting everybody involved and up dancing as well as making our reception truly feel unique which is really what we were looking for. Thank you Brandon for an awesome night! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Kandace C

We are so thankful that we chose Hey! Mr. Dj!!! Patrick got our party started & kept it going until we couldn't dance anymore! It was an amazing time & we highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Amanda S

Brandon and his team are amazing! Our wedding was a huge success because of their presence. The dance floor was always packed and the photo booth was a hit! Brandon was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding. He was always extremely responsive by email and added an... Read More unexpected level of personal touch to our wedding by getting to know a little bit about us before the wedding. It really was the best night ever and Brandon and his team played a large part of that.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Natalie B

We used Patrick for our wedding and he definitely exceeded our expectations! From emails, to phone calls and meeting in person, he was very accommodating and easy to work with. He made the reception unique and special to my husband and I. Everyone had a blast!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Megan K

My family is still talking about how great Kyle was and how much fun they had at the reception! There was always people on the dance floor- even my husbands grandpa was dancing! Part of the success was the excellent variety in music Kyle played, he worked in some of our... Read More favorites and immediately played any requests our friends and family had. Primarily, I was impressed with how much dedication Kyle showed to making sure everything ran seamlessly. 20 minutes before the ceremony began, we had to make the decision to move the outdoor ceremony to our "plan B" location and Kyle was able to get all of his equipment moved within minutes. He even coordinated music to be played for the guests that were taking shelter from the storm in the reception hall. After the ceremony, he hunted my husband and me down to make sure we had food and drinks which was definitely appreciated! Kyle went above and beyond our expectations and we would definitely recommend hiring him!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Codi H

We chose Brandon after meeting him randomly while touring our venue. It was such fate. He was great to work with from start to finish! We loved the small details that he put into our event that made it truly special. And more than anything he had our guests dancing all night... Read More long! It was perfect. Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Makinna P

I just got married 2 weeks ago! Guests were raving about the DJ/MC that night and even still today! People asked if we grew up with him--that's the kind of DJ you want! My friend booked with Brandon Lindsey for her wedding and he was SO good! I booked with Zach Albers and he was... Read More also SO good! I'm confident Hey! Mr. DJ is the BEST in Cincinnati! They took time getting to know myself and my husband, and our wedding party. They are super flexible, easy-going, and very professional! Our special day was perfect because of Zach and his team!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Sarah S

In March Kyle was our OUTSTANDING DJ! He was personable and made everyone feel welcome. He got the entire party up on the dance floor and kept everyone entertained. He really got to know us on a personal level before the wedding and he incorporated that into the music he played,... Read More as well as knowing how to keep our guests from feeling like there was a dull moment. I couldn't have been happier! Thank you again, Kyle! We would reccomend Hey! Mr. DJ, and especially Kyle to ANYONE looking for a party DJ. They will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Jenn F

We met several DJs at Bridal Shows and we just weren't loving our options. Then we met Brandon--- and everything he said just seemed to resonate with us. He was very professional and really emphasized how much more the DJ/MC role is than just playing music. He discussed creative... Read More touches that we'd never even heard of and reiterated that Hey Mr. DJ would help our day flow seamlessly. We worked with Kyle, who was a perfect match for us. We met with him about a month before and he didn't look the least bit concerned that I love Taylor Swift and my husband loves... the exact opposite. We picked a few special songs out, gave him a list of suggestions and free reign otherwise. Our goal was to put in minimal input and leave the rest to the pro! We didn't even pick our ceremony music- we just gave him our rough ceremony outline/timeline and he did the rest. We could not have been happier! Our bridal party walked down the aisle to the prettiest version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" that I've ever heard. My mom (who walked me down the aisle) commented, "That is BEAUTIFUL" when she heard it playing. Our reception music was really great too. He worked in some of my husband's faves during cocktails/dinner and then got the crowd dancing for the rest of the evening. It was a superb blend of bride & groom tastes and a perfect start to our adventure together. Thanks so much, Kyle & Brandon! We loved working with you!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Brooke N

Brandon is so awesome and did an amazing job. This is the BEST DJ company you can work with in Cincinnati. Thanks again!!!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Emily A

We hired Patrick Ray with Hey Mr. Dj and we could not be more satisfied and overjoyed with the outcome and performance of the company's services. Patrick was the MC at my brother's wedding 8 months ago. As soon as I got engaged, Hey Mr. Dj was the first vendor I called and I... Read More wanted to book them right away! We were blown away with Patrick's enthusiasm and professionalism at my brother's wedding. We met with Patrick a couple months before our wedding and we were so impressed with the organization of questions he had prepared for us. He really got to know us and we told him all about our family members and wedding party. He took detailed notes and was able to speak all about them on our wedding day. Patrick fulfilled every request we asked of him. One of our bridal party members was celebrating his birthday on our wedding day and Patrick got the entire crowd to wish him a happy birthday. That meant a lot to us. As any bride knows, you put so much planning into your wedding day and when the day finally comes, you deserve to enjoy it and not worry if things are happening the way you had hoped. Patrick was AMAZING. He remembered everything we asked of him. (Certain songs and when to play them, funny stories about our bridal party members, our family members' names) My mom and dad both told me that during the wedding, Patrick would go over and check on them periodically to see if they were okay or needed anything. That is HUGE and meant a lot to me! Patrick pretty much ran our reception and made sure everyone was dancing and having a great time! Because Patrick was so involved, it felt like he was a friend/guest at our wedding and not just someone we hired to be there. That is a really cool feeling in my opinion and made my day extra special. I am absolutely thrilled with Patrick and Hey Mr. Dj. I 100% recommend them for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Virginia B

These guys are fantastic! We had Bill Dunsing and he was great. Would love to do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Margi D

Book him. Brandon was absolutely fantastic. We had two preliminary meetings with us to learn about our story, what sort of music we liked, so on and so forth. He really took an interest for the sole purpose of making our wedding the best it could possibly be. He killed it... Read More with the playlist (everything from Wilson Pickett and The Stones to Justin Timberlake and Beyonce), and was so very accommodating to the two of us. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Elizabeth B

Brandon was everything we wanted out if a dj and more. It's definitely worth the investment. He kept the guests entertained all night as there wasn't any dead time where we weren't doing anything. We have been to over 30 weddings in the past 5 years he is by far the best we have... Read More seen. When we meet before the wedding, he came up with new ideas to make the wedding unique and he allowed us to be really creative as well. If I'm budgeting for a wedding, Hey! Mr DJ is the first vendor that I'm booking.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

My wife and I were incredibly pleased with the performance by Hey! Mr DJ at our wedding. Brandon was very amicable and was able to involve all of our guests in just the way we had hoped. The wedding and reception was flawless in our eyes, and we want to recognize the amount of... Read More hard work and preparation Brandon and his crew put in for our special day. There were several special dedications that he made throughout the night that served as a nice touch; our parents were in tears by the voice-overs he played during the father/bride & mother/groom dance. We also really liked how he brought the reception to a close by playing a sentimental song that everyone could dance and relate to. I would highly recommend Hey Mr DJ and can say that we will use him again for future occasions!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Joy A

Brandon from Hey Mr. DJ was wonderful to work with! He had a lot of great ideas to incorporate into our wedding reception to make it special and different than your typical reception - trivia, voice overs, introductions, etc. We loved working with him! He also made sure to keep... Read More us on schedule while we were having fun at the reception! No need to stress or think about what's next when you have Brandon running the show!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Lori C

Stop everything right now and hire Brandon Lindsey for your wedding. Let me tell you why — At first, my now-husband and I planned on hiring the cheapest dj we could find. We figured we needed to save somewhere and thought the dj was a good place for that. After going to a... Read More wedding that was several months before ours, we quickly changed our minds. No one was dancing, and I think I heard the dj speak once. Unfortunately, the lack of dj presence actually kind of killed the buzz of a joyous occassion. After that wedding, my mom convinced us to spend the extra money for a phenomenal experience and a great value. Brandon had so many unique and creative ideas to make our reception special. I can't count how many guests came up to me saying things like "whose idea was the _______, it was awesome!!" Brandon worked with us every step of the way to add personal touches and helped us bring our own ideas to light as well. Even when we were running an hour behind schedule, Brandon continued to guide the reception timeline and stayed an hour later than planned. (He charges one amount for an unlimited amount of time which is really great!) Brandon is very quick at communicating and always willing to video chat or meet in person to go over details. His online planning tools for music selection are very helpful as well.

2016-08-02T09:45:25 Response from the vendor

Lori, Thank you for this fantastic review. I really enjoyed being there with you and Nate and I have to say you had one of the best dance crowds I have ever seen at a wedding.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Megan G

We worked with Brandon for our wedding. The music selection was fantastic. My Husband and I had a special theme we wanted to keep throughout our wedding and Brandon was spot on. He was also great at partnering with the venue and the caterers the day of on the timeline we... Read More shared with everyone. Everything felt seamless, even when we were running behind schedule. He picked up on little things and stuck to the do not play list, which we were very grateful for! He also noticed when my dad mentioned a John Legend song in his speech and then played it through dinner immediately following. :) He also helped to coordinate a surprise for my parents on the dance floor towards the end of the generations dance. Our wedding day was also their 39th anniversary and we wanted to give a special nod to them for sharing their day with us. Thanks for helping us stick to our vision of fun oldies to keep everyone on the dance floor! It was the perfect day!

2016-08-02T09:48:03 Response from the vendor

It was a great night at the Taft Museum. Your theme was fun for me since I don't normally get to do that. Great moments for a great couple!