HI Focused Cinematography

HI FOCUSED is dedicated to making exceptional wedding films that are both visually beautiful and emotionally moving. We take pride in our unobtrusive filming, sophisticated editing and attention to detail. Making wedding films isn't just what we do; it is our artistic passion.

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Serving All Islands, HI (808) 281-1530

Reviewed on 3/07/2016

Obviously, every Bride wants each detail of her wedding to be perfect. When picking a videographer, photographer, florist, etc. it can be scary because you want your vendors to care about your wedding day (and every little detail) as much as you do. Jordan takes the time... Read More necessary to hear what his customers want and he delivers, making you feel like you're his only client. His work speaks for itself and then to make it better he is great and easy to work with. Cinematography is clearly Jordan's passion and that truly shines through both in his professionalism and the work he is able to create. It was a pleasure inviting Jordan & his team to be apart of our special day and now we have a beautiful video that we will treasure forever.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016

I can't quite remember if we discovered HI Focused on our own or if the company was recommended to us first by our wedding coordinator. However, either way, we feel extremely blessed both to have found and chosen this company to be our cinematrography crew to document our... Read More awesome day. Cinematrography is appropriately titled, given this company does way more than just videography. They not only capture your day, but present it for you in a cinematographic type fashion to maximize your enjoyment. Jordan is exceptional to work with. He carries himself and his team with incomparable professionalism, prompt communication, purpose, and integrity. He is transparent in all of his transactions and fulfills his agreements promptly as personally stated. After solidifying our contract, he immediately sent us a recommended guidelines form to optimize the progression of our wedding day as flawlessly as possible. This was extremely useful in coordinating with the other vendors' recommendations. When mentioned his name to the other vendors, all of them said nothing but good things and that they enjoyed working with him, given they all have to "share" space when collecting their footage. Him and his team arrived to our event remarkably early, sharply dressed and were obviously ready to work, taking their craft very seriously. Then they proceeded to work tirelessly the entire time we designated in our contract. When it came time to create the videos, he completed and delivered the product earlier than the approximated deadline with everything functioning perfectly upon arrival. He even gladly incorporated specific footage of our day that we requested to be included in our videos. Hiring a professional videographer for a wedding can be viewed as fairly expensive, but we appoached the expense with acceptance, deciding that we preferred directing our costs on things with obvious longevity such as this. This has lead to us, and everyone else, to agree that after viewing our videos, that it was money very well spent. We thoroughly appreciate the product this company created for us and never tire to repeatedly watch and share our videos. We know there are many cinematrography companies from which to choose, however, you will not be disappointed in the product and expertise demonstrated by Jordan and the rest of his staff. We give Jordan and his company the highest recommendation for their services to anyone thinking, or knowing for certain, of hiring a cinematrography company for their wedding day. You will be extremely happy you did so.

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Jenna P

Jordan and his team are phenomenal!! Not only are they extremely professional, they also happen to be a ton of fun! My husband and I both hate being in front of the camera and quite frankly, are very awkward. However, I knew this day needed to be documented and I wanted the... Read More best. We definitely picked the right people. They made everything fun and natural. Even for us awkward folk they made it pretty painless. They also worked seamlessly with our photographers which is very important. Nothing was overdone and they documented the day/night perfectly. They didn't miss a single detail and now I can relive that night as often as I want. The finished products are extremely professional and the drone shots are out of this world! I have communicated with Jordan a lot over the past few weeks and it feels like your chatting with an old friend. Thank you Jordan and team!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Kimberlyn G

I seriously cannot say enough great things about Jordan, Amber, and the rest of his crew. From start to finish, he has produced nothing but perfection surrounding our wedding day. Extremely professional and so precise when it comes to his work, all qualities you look for when... Read More choosing someone to help you remember the best day of your life. They have this perfect way of capturing everything but never being invasive so that you still are enjoying the day. And so incredibly polite and accommodating. And his work, just simply stated, STUNNING. I've watched my video at least 30 times since receiving it and I still get emotional watching. I feel like I'm there living it again, everything that I wanted since the day has passed. He perfectly combined all the highlights of our day into one emotional and beautiful video with just the right cuts and sound to give you goosebumps. I wanted to remember all the little details, from the grounds, to where we wed, to speeches, to everything, and he did just that. Honestly, there is absolutely no question when it comes to choosing your cinematographer, he is it as well as his crew. What a great team and I thank them again for helping capture the happiest day of my life. 10 stars if I could give it!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Monica C

Jordan came highly recommended by our wedding coordinator at the Ritz Carlton, and we booked him immediately looking though his work and amazing drone footage. Jordan and his team were so attentive. Well before our wedding day, Jordan went through every step of the process with... Read More us, and really made sure that he understood what was important for us to capture on video. My husband and I are not used to being in front of the camera, but Jordan and his team made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day. They were professional and accomodating, and captured everything that we wanted in our wedding footage and more. We were so impressed by the quality of our wedding video- it captured the moments accurately without feeling too overproduced- they definitely nailed it! And of course, the hi def drone footage was breathtaking and so cool to see! If you can, definitely go with Jordan and his team- I promise that you won't regret it. Thank you, Jordan and the HiFocused team!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Meg S

Jordan and his team were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. They are extremely professional, friendly, and creative. Our video is an absolute gem; during the wedding planning process, we knew we'd want a videographer, but Jordan and his team brings "videography" to an... Read More entirely different level. We'll treasure it for years to come. Thank you, Jordan and team!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Brittani P

Jordan and his team were absolutely awesome for our big day! Very late in the wedding planning process videography was gifted to my husband and I and he was so helpful in getting us set up and felt like he was a part of the plan all along! The outcome is something that is truly... Read More too good for words, I will cherish this video forever and still find myself watching it almost daily

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Arjun R

When you have your wedding you hope for two things: the perfect wedding day and the most beautiful videos and photos to help you relive that experience. My wife and I were excited to be able to have HiFocused film our wedding. We had seen sample videos from so many vendors... Read More online, but found ourselves constantly coming back to their work. Their videos make you feel as if you're watching a cinematic movie. Despite the intermittent heavy rains that we had on our wedding day we felt like we had our perfect wedding, but we were also a bit nervous about how everything would look on film given the weather. I have to say, though, that my wife and I were stunned by how amazing our wedding film turned out. Jordan and the HiFocused team were wonderful to work with. They were kind, patient, and accommodating. You can tell by working with them that they are thinking about every detail, every angle and how to perfectly capture every moment. The final product shows that attentiveness and care. We could not have been happier with how everything turned out. If we had to go back in time and do our wedding over again I can confidently say we'd still choose HiFocused as our videographer without a second thought.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Shayna M

My husband and I are so happy we decided to work with HI Focused! Jordan and his team were great to work with and produced the best work we have seen. Our wedding video captured all of the best moments from our big day....it was done perfectly!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Saren J

Chris and I were so excited that we were able to work with HiFocused. Jordan was professional and prompt with communication. He made it easy to ask questions and exchange information through email, which was great because of the time difference. On the day of the HiFocused team... Read More was amazing. They were really easy going and did a great job with a pretty rowdy group, which is exactly what we wanted. The finished film is out of this world, we are so incredibly impressed with how it came out. My heart feels so full knowing we have our day preserved in such a breathtaking way that we can look back and enjoy for years to come! Mahalo Jordan, Amber and Willard! With best wishes, Sae and Chris (May 31, 2017)

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Justine S

Jordan and the HiFocused team are AMAZING!! While looking for a cinematographer, going through everyone's YouTube and Vimeo, we kept going to back to Jordan's videos and we HAD to have the HiFocused team capture our special day! We booked Jordan and his team February 2016 for... Read More July 2017 wedding, he was one of the first vendors we booked after booking our venue at the Royal Lahaina. Before the wedding, we talked to Jordan on the phone to ensure he captured everything we wanted. He recommended changing our timeline for the wedding to ensure he captured everything and coordinated it with our wedding planner. The day of the wedding, Jordan and the HiFocused team were great to work with; they were fun and easy to work with. They also worked close with our photographer, Jessica Pearl, to ensure both didn't get in the way of each other and to ensure they got the same shots. Two weeks after the wedding, I receive an email from Jordan with the link of our video! AND WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Words cannot describe how in awe we were when we first watched our video. Our friends and family cannot stop talking about the video and they all expressed how the also LOVE the video. I highly recommend Jordan to capture your special day; you will not be disappointed! Jordan and the HiFocused team really captured "us" and our love for each other in the video and highlighted it. Huge Mahalo to Jordan and the HiFoucsed team! -Justine & Justin

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Angel F

Our search for a cinematographer began a year before our big day on June 28 2017 at Gannon's in Wailea. After reviewing all other companies wedding videos in Maui, it was clear that HiFocused was the number one choice for us to shoot our video. Email communications were great... Read More from the beginning when we inquired about Jordan's services. As we got closer to the date Jordan recommended some changes to the proposed timeline to try to fit all of our requested shots. On that day Jordan and his team showed up early to our condo unit. They were easy and fun to work with. At the ceremony site, they worked well with Cheynice of Karma Hill Photography and not getting in each other's way (as they also worked with each other before). In just 2 weeks after the wedding, Jordan sent a link to our completed Wedding video!! The composition, music, highlights of tea ceremony, cake cutting, sunset beach video, drone videos and the ceremony were all amazing. We showed the video at our banquet a month later back home and all of our friends and family loved it! If you are marrying in Hawaii (especially in Maui), we highly recommend HiFocused as your cinematographer. Mahalo, Angel and Kenneth

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Katrina S

As soon as my husband and I decided on Maui I googled Maui Videographers and came across Jordan and the Hi Focused website. I was thrilled when the Hyatt presented them as a preferred vendor in the wedding planning guide! After convincing my husband that Jordan’s footage was... Read More some of the best I had seen and this would be completely worth it; I contacted Jordan to book him and it was one of the best decisions we made. Jordan was very communicative with us through emails and phone calls while we worked out details. We had a call with him a few days before where he reviewed details of our wedding day and provided us with his professional advice on what would work best for our schedule and location. Jordan completely blew me away on the day of the wedding. He and his team arrived early and ready to work almost immediately. Jordan was really great with our photographer team and was great at communicating what he was doing and why. He helped put me at ease and his team really helped ease my husband’s stage fright. Every shot was well thought out and coordinated and the footage was amazing! We booked the team for 4 hours and we stayed right on track the entire time – in large part due to Jordan and his team. We fell in love with our wedding trailer! And we just received our documentary footage and raw footage package this week. The packaging was secure and very nice looking as well! We loved loved loved our wedding video! Thank you so much Jordan!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Michelle B

Jordan is so much more than a standard wedding videographer, he's extremely talented and has an eye to capture the emotion of your big day. Jordan and his team filmed our wedding on May 5, 2017 at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Our wedding planner highly recommended him and she... Read More nailed it. I also did my own research and the reviews spoke from themselves. Trust the reviews and select Jordon to film your wedding. I promise you'll be so happy you did. We had a few emails and a phone call before our big day. Jordan is extremely detailed and organized. He caught a few things in the schedule that we tweaked due to his feedback. My husband is a pilot and saw that Jordan does drone footage so that alone sold him. Jordon is very personable and a nice guy. On the day of the big event, Jordan and his team were on time and were fun to film with. The day went perfectly with his team. He knew the property very well and when to keep up moving to capture the best lightening. His drone footage was Jaw dropping especially at the end on Lava point. After 3 weeks, Jordan emailed us the link to view our video. We couldn't believe how fast he turned it around especially after watching it and seeing how he included so many details and special moments. The music selection, shots, voiceovers, scenery, and aerial coverage were all perfection! We both had tears watching it and my husband never gets emotional. I've shared our wedding video to many friends and family that weren't able to attend our wedding since it was a small destination wedding. Everyone always says this is unlike any wedding video they've ever seen and we usually always get tears ;). I love how he cuts it to be 7 minutes so it makes it easier to share with friends instead of some long boring video. He does give you the all the raw footage that you and your parents would want to see. He gives you everything including some funny outtakes. I also wore a mic and glad I did as it caught the audio really nicely. Many of our friends over the years decided against hiring a videographer and afterwards every single one of them regretted it. Your wedding is one the most important and expensive day of your life, after it's over all you have is the video and photos. And the video is so much more personal. Select Jordan to film your once in a lifetime moment, I promise you will not regret it. We can't thank Jordan and his team enough. Mahalo ~Michelle & Keith

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 James M

During the wedding planning process, I placed a lot of emphasis on the video. In this in age, the video is how we are most likely going to share our memories with our friends and family. I worked closely with Jordan and was very specific about how I wanted the final product.... Read More Jordan met every request and exceeded my expectations. The video brought back all of the emotions of the wedding, captured artistic details, played with speeds and lighting perfectly. Not only is the video beautifully visually, he was able to capture the emotional aspect of the wedding as well. I would highly recommend jordan to anyone looking for a talented videographer.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 TASHA M

Jordan and his team deserve 6 stars if that was an option :) First of all, Jordan is extremely talented and uses amazing drone technology that helps to make the videos extremely personable and allows you to feel like you were there and felt the breeze from ocean/saw the... Read More surroundings, etc (you can check out the samples on his website of his work, which you will fall in love with). This was one of the biggest reasons we hired him, since not all of our family was able to make it all the way to Maui from CA and Europe we wanted them to feel like they didn't miss out. Additionally, Jordan and team were extremely professional, and were able to capture all the special moment but not make us feel like we had someone with a camera in our face all day ;) Also, Jordan helped to give us our wedding video within 20 days of our wedding (most would have taken a few months) and allowed us to quickly share it online - and sent us a beautiful wooden box/flash drive with our wedding film and full days coverage on a flash drive. Again, highly recommend to anyone that would like to hire a Cinematographer!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Rina Mae J

Having HIFocused Cinematography capture our wedding day was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Please do yourself a favor, and don’t look any further. Their work alone speaks for itself. I went through over 10+ videographers on the Big Island, and none of them... Read More offered what we wanted. Being a videographer myself in real estate, I had extremely high expectations. I finally came across HIFocused and NEEDED to have them capture our wedding. Though Jordan and the team are based in Maui, they flew down to the Big Island to join us on our special day. I’ll be honest… this was a huge investment for us, but it was the best investment we ever made! Their work is AMAZING!!! Our trailer and feature film blew us away! So STUNNING! We can’t and won’t stop re-playing them. We are saving to watch our extended documentary for our first anniversary. Jordan is VERY professional and talented. He is very responsive to your texts/emails/concerns. He and the team have so much creativity and passion. Jordan takes his craft very seriously, but they definitely made us feel comfortable during our wedding day. Even after the wedding, we had so many editing requests, and Jordan accommodated EVERY request we made and delivered our films earlier than expected. To have such a beautifully crafted film to look back on for years and to share with our family is truly priceless. Their work is ART. And to mention, we have all the raw footage they captured. Very few creatives give away raw footage to their clients. This just attests to how good Jordan and the team are. They exceeded our expectations. Please… if you are looking for high-quality, cinematic, inspiring video work produced by a highly-professional and passionate team, let HIFocused capture your wedding day. HIFocused Cinematography will certainly deliver!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Aiza P

We heard about HI Focused through our wedding planner. After watching the first sample video, we wanted to book them ASAP. We got married in November of 2016 at the Olowalu Plantation House. On our special day, Jordan and his team really made us look like movie stars. They were... Read More so professional yet so laid back, they made us feel so relaxed. Olowalu, is a beautiful place in person and with Jordan and his team's talent, they were able to capture that beauty on video. They helped make our special day, that much more precious and memorable. They are equipped with the best tools from hi def cameras to even drones. In all honesty, Jordan and the HiFocused team are best, not only in Maui, but in all of Hawaii. We highly recommend them, they will not disappoint!!! Mahalo, Jordan and HiFocused.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Flora T

Jordan is the best videographer in the world and Hi Focused is the BEST! He went above and beyond to make sure I’d be happy with my wedding video that will last a lifetime! Jordan and his team did everything they could to make sure the video would be perfect and the way I... Read More wanted! Even as a very demanding and picky client myself, I’m highly satisfied with how the team handled everything before, on, and even after the wedding day. Before the wedding: The team was very professional and easy to work with. Jordan made sure all the things I’d like to have would be in the wedding video. My husband and I flew to Maui few months before the wedding and met with Jordan. He is friendly and easy-going. The day before the wedding, he called us and went over all the details thoroughly. On the wedding day: The team arrived early to set up the equipment and the team was well-prepared to work hard for that day. They started working right away, not wasting any second. Everyone on the team knew what they were supposed to do at all times. When there were some last minute changes to our First Look location and decided not to do First Dance in reception anymore, everyone on the team was very flexible, they quickly reacted to unexpected changes professionally. Our schedule that day was very tight, with everything planned out back-to-back, however, the team worked very well under pressure and delivered everything in a timely-manner, and in high quality! Since our ceremony and reception was hosted outdoor, they were so well prepared and brought stage lights for reception when the sky turned dark. They even worked overtime that night to make sure every requested shot from me would be met. Hi Focused worked very well with other vendors too like: my makeup and hair artists, photographers, florist, and wedding coordinator. After the wedding: Even after the wedding day, Jordan made sure he got all the things I wanted in the video exactly, the right music and shots, even if it meant they had to spend many hours to edit many times again and again just to make me happy. And boy, they made me the happiest woman ever when I finally got the final version of the video! It’s perfect! My husband and I have shown it to all our friends and families around the world. Everyone was so impressed with how professional and what an amazing job Hi Focused did for our wedding. Even the guests at our wedding were so highly impressed on how professionally the team handled throughout the day. All in all: My husband and I spent a lot of money in our wedding, but the one thing that was most worth it was hiring Hi Focused because flowers would die/alcohol+food+cake would be consumed, but this beautiful video will last a lifetime!! It’s so worth it to hire the best videographer to capture all the most beautiful essentials of your biggest day in your life. Every time we watch our video, it brings back all the happy memories and smiles of that day, and reminds me once again the meaning of marriage. All thanks to Hi Focused, the way they put together their video like: music selections, placing the right shots at the perfect timing of the video, and fitting everything with the theme accordingly, has successfully created a very emotional, touching, and beautiful video that my husband, I, and families will forever treasure. Jordan is so talented in what he does. If you want the best for your wedding day, look no further. He is the BEST of the BEST! Mahalo for everything Jordan!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Allison C

STUNNING and EXCEPTIONAL, definitely the best! Hundreds of people (probably more) flock to Maui for their destination wedding each year. I am not unique in that I felt apprehensive about booking a vendor that I’d never met. All I knew about them was from the words of complete... Read More strangers. For those who know me, I can be very selective, and even more so when it came to my wedding! Before I found HI Focused, I watched at least one hundred other videos. After e-mailing with Jordan and then meeting him in person, I knew I made the right choice. The work alone speaks for itself, but what made the experience exceptional, was Jordan and his team. The first film I watched, I cried, laughed then did both at the same time. It takes truly talented people to capture such raw/genuine emotion and then to convey that through video! Jordan and Amber were so comforting and helped us feel natural in front of the camera. From beginning to end the service was extraordinary! If you are feeling apprehensive, rest assured! I’m so glad I took a chance! My husband and I have this beautiful gift we get to watch for years to come. Thanks HI Focused!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Melody V

Jordan and his team were amazing! They are very professional yet made it so comfortable and easy to film. We are so happy that we chose HiFocused to be part of our special day. Many of our friends and family tell us our wedding film looks like a movie and are so impressed!... Read More Thank you again Hi Focused for your great work!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Joan J

Highly recommend Jordon team for yr wedding videographer. I had my wedding in four season maui in Aug 2016. He was pacience, detailed, professional. The video came so nice and the hilight was amaizing. The team is best of best!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Brittany L

Jordan and his team were absolutely amazing!! My wedding video they made was PERFECT!!! They captured everything I asked for and then some. The day of my wedding they were very punctual and worked very hard to make sure every shot was perfect. Jordan and I discussed the day... Read More before the wedding everything I wanted to capture and they did just that. After I received my video in the mail I realized that there were two specific clips that I wanted added into it. I asked Jordan if it was possible to still add them in and said "absolutely" without hesitation. He revised my video and I couldn't be happier with it. It feels like I'm watching a movie! This is what I realized when reviewing company's videos when I was choosing my videographer. When I watched other company's wedding videos, I felt like I was watching a documentary. But watching Hi Focused videos, I felt like I was watching a movie. The videos are of the highest quality and just overall amazing! Jordan was very approachable and easy to talk to. Whenever I emailed him, he responded immediately. I have honestly watched my video at least every day since I received it! I would highly recommend HI Focused to anyone without hesitation! Again, I am so happy with everything!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 S K

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jordan and his team. They truly made our wedding day. His videos are the best wedding videos I have ever seen (and I have watched probably over 200 over the years). More importantly, he had to deal with someone who was picky (me), and... Read More he did an incredible job. He took notes on every last thing requested and then didn't miss a single detail in our final video. He was also extremely thorough and one of the most responsive members of our wedding vendors. My husband and I want to thank him and his team for all their hard work. I know he is the best wedding videographer in Maui. I also felt his prices and packages were very fair. Hire him- you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 S K

Jordan T. Nagasako

Jordan’s mission is to give his very best to every production. Videography is not only Jordan’s profession but an artistic passion that he takes personal pride in. His accolades include 5 time winner of the WeddingWire Couple Choice Award, the highest rated cinematographer on WeddingWire, Best of The Knot, and a preferred vendor for Hawaii’s top planners, hotels and venues.