HI Focused Cinematography

HI FOCUSED is dedicated to making exceptional wedding films that are both visually beautiful and emotionally moving. We take pride in our unobtrusive filming, sophisticated editing and attention to detail. Making wedding films isn't just what we do; it is our artistic passion.

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Serving All Islands, HI (808) 281-1530

Reviewed on 3/07/2016

Obviously, every Bride wants each detail of her wedding to be perfect. When picking a videographer, photographer, florist, etc. it can be scary because you want your vendors to care about your wedding day (and every little detail) as much as you do. Jordan takes the time... Read More necessary to hear what his customers want and he delivers, making you feel like you're his only client. His work speaks for itself and then to make it better he is great and easy to work with. Cinematography is clearly Jordan's passion and that truly shines through both in his professionalism and the work he is able to create. It was a pleasure inviting Jordan & his team to be apart of our special day and now we have a beautiful video that we will treasure forever.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016

I can't quite remember if we discovered HI Focused on our own or if the company was recommended to us first by our wedding coordinator. However, either way, we feel extremely blessed both to have found and chosen this company to be our cinematrography crew to document our... Read More awesome day. Cinematrography is appropriately titled, given this company does way more than just videography. They not only capture your day, but present it for you in a cinematographic type fashion to maximize your enjoyment. Jordan is exceptional to work with. He carries himself and his team with incomparable professionalism, prompt communication, purpose, and integrity. He is transparent in all of his transactions and fulfills his agreements promptly as personally stated. After solidifying our contract, he immediately sent us a recommended guidelines form to optimize the progression of our wedding day as flawlessly as possible. This was extremely useful in coordinating with the other vendors' recommendations. When mentioned his name to the other vendors, all of them said nothing but good things and that they enjoyed working with him, given they all have to "share" space when collecting their footage. Him and his team arrived to our event remarkably early, sharply dressed and were obviously ready to work, taking their craft very seriously. Then they proceeded to work tirelessly the entire time we designated in our contract. When it came time to create the videos, he completed and delivered the product earlier than the approximated deadline with everything functioning perfectly upon arrival. He even gladly incorporated specific footage of our day that we requested to be included in our videos. Hiring a professional videographer for a wedding can be viewed as fairly expensive, but we appoached the expense with acceptance, deciding that we preferred directing our costs on things with obvious longevity such as this. This has lead to us, and everyone else, to agree that after viewing our videos, that it was money very well spent. We thoroughly appreciate the product this company created for us and never tire to repeatedly watch and share our videos. We know there are many cinematrography companies from which to choose, however, you will not be disappointed in the product and expertise demonstrated by Jordan and the rest of his staff. We give Jordan and his company the highest recommendation for their services to anyone thinking, or knowing for certain, of hiring a cinematrography company for their wedding day. You will be extremely happy you did so.

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Jenna P

Jordan and his team are phenomenal!! Not only are they extremely professional, they also happen to be a ton of fun! My husband and I both hate being in front of the camera and quite frankly, are very awkward. However, I knew this day needed to be documented and I wanted the... Read More best. We definitely picked the right people. They made everything fun and natural. Even for us awkward folk they made it pretty painless. They also worked seamlessly with our photographers which is very important. Nothing was overdone and they documented the day/night perfectly. They didn't miss a single detail and now I can relive that night as often as I want. The finished products are extremely professional and the drone shots are out of this world! I have communicated with Jordan a lot over the past few weeks and it feels like your chatting with an old friend. Thank you Jordan and team!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 James M

During the wedding planning process, I placed a lot of emphasis on the video. In this in age, the video is how we are most likely going to share our memories with our friends and family. I worked closely with Jordan and was very specific about how I wanted the final product.... Read More Jordan met every request and exceeded my expectations. The video brought back all of the emotions of the wedding, captured artistic details, played with speeds and lighting perfectly. Not only is the video beautifully visually, he was able to capture the emotional aspect of the wedding as well. I would highly recommend jordan to anyone looking for a talented videographer.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 TASHA M

Jordan and his team deserve 6 stars if that was an option :) First of all, Jordan is extremely talented and uses amazing drone technology that helps to make the videos extremely personable and allows you to feel like you were there and felt the breeze from ocean/saw the... Read More surroundings, etc (you can check out the samples on his website of his work, which you will fall in love with). This was one of the biggest reasons we hired him, since not all of our family was able to make it all the way to Maui from CA and Europe we wanted them to feel like they didn't miss out. Additionally, Jordan and team were extremely professional, and were able to capture all the special moment but not make us feel like we had someone with a camera in our face all day ;) Also, Jordan helped to give us our wedding video within 20 days of our wedding (most would have taken a few months) and allowed us to quickly share it online - and sent us a beautiful wooden box/flash drive with our wedding film and full days coverage on a flash drive. Again, highly recommend to anyone that would like to hire a Cinematographer!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Rina Mae J

Having HIFocused Cinematography capture our wedding day was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Please do yourself a favor, and don’t look any further. Their work alone speaks for itself. I went through over 10+ videographers on the Big Island, and none of them... Read More offered what we wanted. Being a videographer myself in real estate, I had extremely high expectations. I finally came across HIFocused and NEEDED to have them capture our wedding. Though Jordan and the team are based in Maui, they flew down to the Big Island to join us on our special day. I’ll be honest… this was a huge investment for us, but it was the best investment we ever made! Their work is AMAZING!!! Our trailer and feature film blew us away! So STUNNING! We can’t and won’t stop re-playing them. We are saving to watch our extended documentary for our first anniversary. Jordan is VERY professional and talented. He is very responsive to your texts/emails/concerns. He and the team have so much creativity and passion. Jordan takes his craft very seriously, but they definitely made us feel comfortable during our wedding day. Even after the wedding, we had so many editing requests, and Jordan accommodated EVERY request we made and delivered our films earlier than expected. To have such a beautifully crafted film to look back on for years and to share with our family is truly priceless. Their work is ART. And to mention, we have all the raw footage they captured. Very few creatives give away raw footage to their clients. This just attests to how good Jordan and the team are. They exceeded our expectations. Please… if you are looking for high-quality, cinematic, inspiring video work produced by a highly-professional and passionate team, let HIFocused capture your wedding day. HIFocused Cinematography will certainly deliver!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Aiza P

We heard about HI Focused through our wedding planner. After watching the first sample video, we wanted to book them ASAP. We got married in November of 2016 at the Olowalu Plantation House. On our special day, Jordan and his team really made us look like movie stars. They were... Read More so professional yet so laid back, they made us feel so relaxed. Olowalu, is a beautiful place in person and with Jordan and his team's talent, they were able to capture that beauty on video. They helped make our special day, that much more precious and memorable. They are equipped with the best tools from hi def cameras to even drones. In all honesty, Jordan and the HiFocused team are best, not only in Maui, but in all of Hawaii. We highly recommend them, they will not disappoint!!! Mahalo, Jordan and HiFocused.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Flora T

Jordan is the best videographer in the world and Hi Focused is the BEST! He went above and beyond to make sure I’d be happy with my wedding video that will last a lifetime! Jordan and his team did everything they could to make sure the video would be perfect and the way I... Read More wanted! Even as a very demanding and picky client myself, I’m highly satisfied with how the team handled everything before, on, and even after the wedding day. Before the wedding: The team was very professional and easy to work with. Jordan made sure all the things I’d like to have would be in the wedding video. My husband and I flew to Maui few months before the wedding and met with Jordan. He is friendly and easy-going. The day before the wedding, he called us and went over all the details thoroughly. On the wedding day: The team arrived early to set up the equipment and the team was well-prepared to work hard for that day. They started working right away, not wasting any second. Everyone on the team knew what they were supposed to do at all times. When there were some last minute changes to our First Look location and decided not to do First Dance in reception anymore, everyone on the team was very flexible, they quickly reacted to unexpected changes professionally. Our schedule that day was very tight, with everything planned out back-to-back, however, the team worked very well under pressure and delivered everything in a timely-manner, and in high quality! Since our ceremony and reception was hosted outdoor, they were so well prepared and brought stage lights for reception when the sky turned dark. They even worked overtime that night to make sure every requested shot from me would be met. Hi Focused worked very well with other vendors too like: my makeup and hair artists, photographers, florist, and wedding coordinator. After the wedding: Even after the wedding day, Jordan made sure he got all the things I wanted in the video exactly, the right music and shots, even if it meant they had to spend many hours to edit many times again and again just to make me happy. And boy, they made me the happiest woman ever when I finally got the final version of the video! It’s perfect! My husband and I have shown it to all our friends and families around the world. Everyone was so impressed with how professional and what an amazing job Hi Focused did for our wedding. Even the guests at our wedding were so highly impressed on how professionally the team handled throughout the day. All in all: My husband and I spent a lot of money in our wedding, but the one thing that was most worth it was hiring Hi Focused because flowers would die/alcohol+food+cake would be consumed, but this beautiful video will last a lifetime!! It’s so worth it to hire the best videographer to capture all the most beautiful essentials of your biggest day in your life. Every time we watch our video, it brings back all the happy memories and smiles of that day, and reminds me once again the meaning of marriage. All thanks to Hi Focused, the way they put together their video like: music selections, placing the right shots at the perfect timing of the video, and fitting everything with the theme accordingly, has successfully created a very emotional, touching, and beautiful video that my husband, I, and families will forever treasure. Jordan is so talented in what he does. If you want the best for your wedding day, look no further. He is the BEST of the BEST! Mahalo for everything Jordan!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Allison C

STUNNING and EXCEPTIONAL, definitely the best! Hundreds of people (probably more) flock to Maui for their destination wedding each year. I am not unique in that I felt apprehensive about booking a vendor that I’d never met. All I knew about them was from the words of complete... Read More strangers. For those who know me, I can be very selective, and even more so when it came to my wedding! Before I found HI Focused, I watched at least one hundred other videos. After e-mailing with Jordan and then meeting him in person, I knew I made the right choice. The work alone speaks for itself, but what made the experience exceptional, was Jordan and his team. The first film I watched, I cried, laughed then did both at the same time. It takes truly talented people to capture such raw/genuine emotion and then to convey that through video! Jordan and Amber were so comforting and helped us feel natural in front of the camera. From beginning to end the service was extraordinary! If you are feeling apprehensive, rest assured! I’m so glad I took a chance! My husband and I have this beautiful gift we get to watch for years to come. Thanks HI Focused!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Melody V

Jordan and his team were amazing! They are very professional yet made it so comfortable and easy to film. We are so happy that we chose HiFocused to be part of our special day. Many of our friends and family tell us our wedding film looks like a movie and are so impressed!... Read More Thank you again Hi Focused for your great work!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Joan J

Highly recommend Jordon team for yr wedding videographer. I had my wedding in four season maui in Aug 2016. He was pacience, detailed, professional. The video came so nice and the hilight was amaizing. The team is best of best!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Brittany L

Jordan and his team were absolutely amazing!! My wedding video they made was PERFECT!!! They captured everything I asked for and then some. The day of my wedding they were very punctual and worked very hard to make sure every shot was perfect. Jordan and I discussed the day... Read More before the wedding everything I wanted to capture and they did just that. After I received my video in the mail I realized that there were two specific clips that I wanted added into it. I asked Jordan if it was possible to still add them in and said "absolutely" without hesitation. He revised my video and I couldn't be happier with it. It feels like I'm watching a movie! This is what I realized when reviewing company's videos when I was choosing my videographer. When I watched other company's wedding videos, I felt like I was watching a documentary. But watching Hi Focused videos, I felt like I was watching a movie. The videos are of the highest quality and just overall amazing! Jordan was very approachable and easy to talk to. Whenever I emailed him, he responded immediately. I have honestly watched my video at least every day since I received it! I would highly recommend HI Focused to anyone without hesitation! Again, I am so happy with everything!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 S K

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jordan and his team. They truly made our wedding day. His videos are the best wedding videos I have ever seen (and I have watched probably over 200 over the years). More importantly, he had to deal with someone who was picky (me), and... Read More he did an incredible job. He took notes on every last thing requested and then didn't miss a single detail in our final video. He was also extremely thorough and one of the most responsive members of our wedding vendors. My husband and I want to thank him and his team for all their hard work. I know he is the best wedding videographer in Maui. I also felt his prices and packages were very fair. Hire him- you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 S K

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Lani D

Jordan and his team were simply incredible! We had a beach ceremony and reception at Hotel Wailea and Jordan captured absolutely everything we were looking for. I was very specific about footage I wanted featured in our video and Jordan delivered exactly what I was looking for.... Read More He created such a beautiful film for us that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. From the candid moments, to the drone footage, to the scenic beauty of Hawaii- he got it all. And we got our video so quickly- what a fantastic surprise! If you want the perfect video that you'll love forever, HI Focused is the way to go. I'm SO happy with our wedding video!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Bonnie P

Opting to work with Jordan as our videographer on our wedding day was one of the best decisions my husband I made in our entire wedding planning process. After booking our venue and our wedding coordinator, our next step was locking in the perfect videographer for our special... Read More day. As a couple whose respective professions consist of conducting in-depth research and analysis on a daily basis (an attorney and a financial analyst), you can bet that we did our research before selecting Jordan. We pored through dozens of videographer websites, watching countless wedding videos, and reading every review we could find. We did cost benefit analysis for each videographer (including videographers off island), rating each based on the quality of their videos and relative cost. Jordan was the best option. His videos speak for themselves. Simple and honest but with a director's focus on cinematography, his videos reveal a true artist with a keen eye for detail and the ability to tell the story of each couple in a special way. He has the uncanny ability to capture and collect the most memorable moments from your special day and put them together seamlessly in a way that will forever memorialize those overwhelming yet thrilling seconds when you first see your husband-to-be at the end of the aisle; the indescribable love and excitement you feel as he looks into your eyes and tells you, with unwavering conviction, that he will love you for an eternity; the tidal wave of emotions you feel as you turn to face your guests together for the first time as husband and wife. He was also receptive to our requests - adding in elements that he usually does not implement such as slow-mo and time lapse to satisfy our persnickety standards. In short, he nails it. Every single time. We were smiling with tears running down our faces as we watched our video for the first time. You will too.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Jeb H

My wife and I were married on Maui at Sugar Beach Events of Hawaii in July of 2016. Selecting HIFocused as our cinematography team was one of the easiest decisions that we had to make. My sister had her wedding on Maui in 2014, and she chose Jordan and his team. After seeing the... Read More quality of their film, we knew that our search was going to be a short one. We contacted HIFocused and they were awesome from day one! Throughout our wedding planning, we spoke to Jordan over the phone and via email. He was always professional and had great advice for us. As we approached the wedding day, he checked in to see if there were any last minute updates. He wanted to make sure that we had the best product possible. On the wedding day, his team showed up early to capture the details of the beautiful venue. Three videographers were on site filming throughout the entire event. The drone made an appearance overhead during the setup and the celebration, but they parked it during the ceremony so as not to distract from the special moment. One of the things that impressed us the most was Jordan's ability to work with the photographers. He knew when to take a step back and allow them to get "the shot". After seeing the finished video, he didn't miss anything. After the wedding, he contacted us and asked if we had any suggestions regarding music and specific shots for the film. We really felt like it was our video, and it represented our special day perfectly. When the editing was complete, Jordan sent us a note that the video had been uploaded to Vimeo. The ability to share it with friends and family was fantastic. Soon after, a package arrived in the mail that contained three things. 1) A USB flash drive with the seven minute video, and the longer 40 minute video that documented the entire day. 2) A hard drive with all of the raw footage from the entire day. The hard drive also had backup copies of the two videos. 3) Chocolate! Working with Jordan and his team, I would recommend HIFocused to anyone planning a special event in Hawaii. There are plenty of HIFocused videos out there on Vimeo and YouTube to view. Once you fall in love with them, give Jordan a call. You won't be disappointed! Thanks from Maryland. Jeb and Amanda

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Danielle C

My husband and I were married this past May in Waikiki and we used Jordan and his team at HI Focused as our videographers. From our initial conversation Jordan was very professional and thorough. He spent the time leading up to our wedding getting to know us and understanding... Read More our wants and wishes for the day. On the day of our wedding, Jordan and his team arrived early and were very respectful throughout the day. Our wedding party and our family all agreed that Jordan and his team blended in so well that we barely even noticed that they were around. Even to someone who does not like being on camera, the whole filming process felt very natural and Jordan made everyone feel at ease. Our video arrived two months after our wedding (which I thought was extremely fast) and it was edited to PERFECTION! My favourite thing about our wedding video is how every ounce of emotion was captured on film and then re–told through the editing and music. If you are getting married in Hawaii and want a stand out wedding video, do yourself a favour and hire HI Focused as your videographers – they are worth every penny!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 T G

I must have looked at the work of every videographer who works in Maui. My husband and I wanted a video that told a story and captured the feeling of our wedding day. No one’s work came close to the work Jordan and his team do. I think I watched 40 of Jordan’s wedding videos.... Read More At the end of the few minutes, I felt I knew the couple and even found myself crying at the couple I had never met. We knew Jordan was the videographer we wanted for our Maui wedding. Jordan and his team were fantastic to work with. He was so thorough, both before and during the wedding, asking lots of questions to understand what was important to us and unique aspects of our wedding day. He was assertive in getting the shots he needed, but after the ceremony ended, I didn’t even realize he and his team were there -- they totally blended in while shooting the entire reception. Also, can we mention the drone shots? They are breathtaking and we can’t wait to see our video.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Maggie N

My husband and I are very pleased with Jordan and his team. They captured every important detail of our special day into 10 minutes that we can relive forever. Jordan is super talented and artistic. His films are unlike any other wedding films. From song choices to voice overs,... Read More to how he edits the order of his clips - it is truly a work of art. We received many compliments from our friends and families, many happy tears as well. He listened to what was important to us and that's what really matters. We would definitely recommend him, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

The Four Seasons Resort in Maui recommended HI Focused as a possible cinematographer for my wedding. I immediately did my research and discovered WHY Jordan & his team came highly recommended...the wedding films I saw on YouTube were so creative...I was excited to see what he... Read More would do with my wedding. I was married recently and I was BEYOND IMPRESSED with both Jordan's team and the finished product. Jordan provides great advice and instructions for an amazing video. He also listens to what is significant for YOU and your special day...my requests were all captured in my video. I am so glad that I chose Jordan & his team at HI Focused to document my wedding story...and you'll be glad too!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Tami

After watching tons of wedding videos from different videographers on Maui, we knew we wanted HI Focused to capture our big day. We booked them through our wedding planner, but Jordan reached out to us to provide tips and to make sure he understood what we wanted out of our... Read More films. We absolutely loved the drone shots they had done for other weddings, so that was our only major request….and they certainly delivered!! Jordan was so easy to work with and we were super impressed that he finished our films (trailer and short film) way earlier than expected. When we watched the films, we were so overcome by all of the happy emotions that it brought back for us. From the heartfelt music to the breathtaking drone shots to the way he told the story of our special day…everything was just perfection!! A few of our family members and friends commented that they didn’t even realize that Jordan and his team captured so much footage because they were never in the way and never in anyone’s face with a camera. Whoever said that you don’t need a videographer because “you’ll never watch your wedding video more than once” clearly didn’t have their wedding day covered by HI Focused! We’re so in love with our films and will treasure them for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Macy M

HI Focused Cinematography was my first choice for a videographer even before I knew they were an option. I did a google search for videographers in Maui, HI and upon finding their website and viewing more than half of their highlight films, I decided that I really wanted to try... Read More to get them for my wedding day. When my venue sent me a list of preferred vendors and HI Focused was on it, I was ecstatic. Everything they did was amazing, from their professionalism to their talent and creativity for capturing the most beautiful parts of my wedding day, I was in awe of their final product. I even happened to view a friend's hour-long wedding video, and mine from HI Focused was leaps and bounds better and more well put-together. I would use Jordan and his team again in a heartbeat. I am sooooooo glad I chose them to capture the most important day of my life.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Carrie W

Planning a destination wedding in Maui was definitely worth all of the craziness I went through to get every little detail. Being from the mainland, my husband and I researched many videographers' websites to find the perfect company to capture our special day. We came across... Read More HI Focused mainly from googling best videographers in Maui. I also have a friend that worked at theknot.com and she suggested I look there. HI Focused was rated 5 stars so I took a shot and contacted them. Jordan was awesome and willing to work with us to get everything we wanted captured on our wedding day. He has an amazing team and they were all very detailed in every shot they took. Our wedding video was beautiful!!! I received so many compliments on the gorgeous shots and how emotional it made everyone feel when watching it. Definitely a tear jerker. If you're looking for top notch, Jordan and his team are the best!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Shinji K

If you are looking for a cinematographer, we highly recommend HI FOCUSD Cinematography. We had them for our wedding on Feb 29, 2016 in Maui and are extremely satisfied with them. Jordan, who is the owner/principal cinematographer is very talented, professional, honest and... Read More pleasant to work with. He is extremely good at making film in very natural and elegant way with modern and professional skills. He also does extraordinary job in incorporating stories and emotions in the film, making his films so touching. His musicality is phenomenal - using music in most effective and sophisticated way so that each scene of the film tells your story and enhances the beauty. Booking and transaction was easy and transparent. Once contract is done, Jordan sent us a questionnaire about us and initiated a phone meeting with us. He puts every effort to know better about clients to tailor perfect films. He also sent us tips for the wedding day, which helped us to get prepared. On the wedding day, the shooting process was seamless and no stress for us. They capture all the priceless moments while not disturbing any wedding processes. A week later, Jordan offered a follow-up Skype meeting with us and he spent extra time and effort to determine which part of our speech to include in the film since we spoke Japanese. He delivered the film much earlier than expected timeline. When we watched the final film, we couldn't help crying, as it was so beautiful and touching. I knew he would do an amazing job, but he exceeded our expectation by far! Why Jordan's film is so beautiful and touching? We believe it is not only because he is skillful, but also because it comes from his warm personality. We are certain that all his efforts in respecting and understanding his clients make it possible to generate such wonderful films. You will definitely be able to tell once you get your own film! You will never regret choosing HI FOCUSED Cinematography to create your lifetime treasure. Chaco and Shinji

Jordan T. Nagasako

Jordan’s mission is to give his very best to every production. Videography is not only Jordan’s profession but an artistic passion that he takes personal pride in. His accolades include 5 time winner of the WeddingWire Couple Choice Award, the highest rated cinematographer on WeddingWire, Best of The Knot, and a preferred vendor for Hawaii’s top planners, hotels and venues.