Higgins Hall

Ballroom, Religious Setting

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

5225 N. Himes Avenue, Tampa, FL (813) 875-4040

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Colleen C

St. Lawrence is my home away from home so choosing Higgins Hall was a no-brainer. Having done talent shows and Christmas plays in the hall as a kid, I wasn't quite sure how it could be transformed into a beautiful oasis for a wedding. When I saw pictures and met with Danah, I... Read More was blown away. It was everything I wanted and more! I would highly recommend Higgins Hall to all my friends and loved ones.

Exceeded expectations

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Laura L

Danah, the event planner for Higgins Hall, was wonderful to work with. She knew where vendors should be set up in the hall and helped lead on the wedding day. Our DJ actually stopped to tell us that she was helpful to everyone in the hours before we arrived.

Beautiful hall, nice staff

Reviewed on 5/03/2012 Linh T

Great place to start your reception with. They have limited restrictions and Danah is very helpful. I lost my credit card after the reception, luckily she found it and kept it safe for me. She is really really nice person to work with.

Perfect Reception Hall!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Kristen E

My parents and I spent so many countless months trying to find a beautiful reception hall that was within a reasonable budget. We met with numerous hotels and venues that wanted to charge $14,000 just for the hall...without food, drinks, and all the hundreds of other wedding... Read More costs. Higgins Hall was not only 1/4 of the price of all these other venues, but it is absolutely beautiful and elegant. It blew every other venue out of the water! It is affordable, has gorgeous grounds, and working with Al was so easy! We could not have had a more perfect reception hall to match our perfect wedding!! We are so happy and if you choose Higgins Hall as your venue then I promise you will be so happy too :)

Review for Higgins Hall (St. Lawrence Catholic Church)

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Mandy D

The reception venue was perfect for us because we required a lot of space and wanted one level so the older people were able to get to and from the facilites (bathrooms, foyer, outside, etc.). We were able to have the entire hall which meant we did not have to worry about... Read More others who were not part of our event getting in pictures. We had one bar outside and one bar inside which enables guests to go outside if they wanted to mingle or even smoke. The hall is relatively new with hard wood floors so it was very pretty. All of our pictures came out very nice. There is also a stage in the room which the DJ used for all of their equipment which meant it was not such an eyesore. There was an outside canopy at the dropoff point and it was sprinkling a bit on our wedding day so this was great for not getting wet! Also, it was very hard for me to find a really nice, clean place that would allow for our own catering use. Most hotels require you to use their caterer and we really wanted to go with Olympia. They were outstanding. Overall, if I had to do it again, I would choose Higgins and Olympia again . We loved it!!;You must book in advance because it is a prime place in Tampa to do weddings due to the size and convenience.

Rating for Higgins Hall (St. Lawrence Catholic Church)

Reviewed on 9/10/2007 sara c