Hilary Farrell Hair & Makeup Design

Serving Greater Kansas City Area

Hilary Farrell Professional Hair and Makeup Artist

Hilary is a licensed cosmetologist and professional makeup artist. Trained in Las Vegas, she specializes in event hair and makeup. She will bring the necessary tools to your location of choice to make you look and feel your absolute best on one of the most important days of your life.

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Waxing, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

3703 Southwest Trafficway, Kansas City, MO Serving Greater Kansas City Area (702) 630-2236

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Kelsey N

I am not usually one to write reviews but I can't help but rave at how amazing Hilary is. She was an absolute joy to work with throughout my entire wedding process- great at communicating, very personable and is so amazingly talented! My entire bridal party of 6 got their hair... Read More done by Hilary on my wedding day and they all looked stunning. Also, for it being a 100+ degree summer day, everyone's hair looked just as great at the end of the night as it did moments after being done. Hilary went above and beyond in more ways than one. My Mother-In-Law ended up getting her hair done by another local salon and left in tears because she was so disappointed and upset with how her hair turned out- no one ever wants to experience that, especially on such a big day. When she came to the bridal suite, Hilary heard of her frustrations and offered to help fix her hair with no questions asked. It turned out beautiful and was exactly the way my MIL envisioned. I am so thankful to have worked with someone so accommodating and talented. I would HIGHLY recommend Hilary to anyone - she will exceed your expectations!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 aaa a

Hilary has done my hair for several years and was one of the first vendors I booked when I became engaged simply because I couldn't imagine anyone else doing my hair on my wedding day. Hilary came out to our location the morning of and did all 3 of my bridesmaid's hair in... Read More addition to my hair and makeup. She arrived early and was all set up and ready to begin right on time and was very fast in doing each up-do. All my bridesmaids showed her a photo of what they would like and she captured every detail they wanted perfectly. For my hair and makeup I couldn't have felt more beautiful on the day and Hilary did exactly what I'd asked for. It was important to me that I not look like I had a ton of makeup on as I don't wear a lot normally and she made my face perfect without making me look too done up or not myself. Overall I can't say enough good things about Hilary and would highly recommend her for any wedding or event.

Amazing Service for hair and makeup

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Kerry N

Hilary was such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. I knew when I got my trial done that she would make the whole getting ready part of the wedding a breeze. Hilary came over to my house in the morning since there were 7 bridesmaids, a MOB, and flower girl all... Read More getting their hair and makeup done before the 12:30 roll call. She was on time and set up within 15 minutes of getting to my house. Most of my bridesmaids knew what they wanted done with their hair and makeup, but for those that didn't, Hilary created a fantastic style that everyone loved. After getting my trial done, Hilary took a picture of my hairstyle so she would be able to recreate it on the day of. The whole process of getting ready was such a breeze and so fun knowing that Hilary had it all under control in terms of timelines and style. I got so many compliments the day of the wedding as well as on pictures, and I owe it all to Hilary and her makeup and hair skills! If I didn't live in Chicago, I would be going to Hilary for not only event styling, but as my regular hair stylist!

Reviewed on 2/22/2018 Brandi M

Hilary is a real artist! Her team is also extraordinary in their work. She is nice, friendly, and professional. Her and her teams work is amazing! A girls hair on her big day is so important and Hilary did such a beautiful job on my wedding day and made me feel like a queen... Read More through the whole days progress. Hilary has magic fingers that turn your hair into every girls dream! She is amazing and great to work with! GET HER FINGERS IN YOUR HAIR and you will be amazed!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Megan C

Not only are Hilary and Susan absolute pros, they're also so much fun to have around! They did hair/makeup for my bridal party and everyone raved how great they were. I don't know how she did it, but my hair has never held a curl before and somehow Hilary made it bouncy and... Read More curly all night! Susan's makeup skills are also impressive. Her experience really shows, especially to a makeup addict like me! 10/10, these ladies are the real deal.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Diane R

Hilary and her makeup artist, Susan, were AMAZING on our wedding day! I only had one other hair and makeup trial before my trial with Hilary and once it was complete, I booked her the next day. Hilary and Susan delivered exactly the looks I wanted and felt comfortable in after... Read More showing them some inspiration photos. On the day of, they came to our location early in the morning, quickly set up their work areas and got to work. Not only did they complete hair and makeup for myself, my MOH, two bridesmaids, my mother, mother in law and my aunt in about 3 hours, they did so while making it such a fun and relaxed experience and environment. Myself and my girls were all THRILLED with our looks (which were all different for hair and makeup) and everyone commented on the quality and care that was put into each persons unique desired look. No touchups or emergency bobbi pins were needed during the day or night either! I would hire Hilary again without a second of hesitation. If you're looking for a skilled hair and makeup professional with a broad range of styles she executes, hire Hilary! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Brittyn C

Wow! What can I say about Hilary that most people don't already know? Because If you've ever worked with Hilary you already know she's BEYOND talented. Hilary actually LISTENS to your vision and makes that dream become reality. I literally looked in the mirror after she did my... Read More hair and said "I feel like a princess.". She made me feel the most beautiful I've ever felt in my life. As a wedding photographer myself I see tons and tons of wedding hairstyles. She is Hands down best Hairstylist, Wedding Professional and kind person in KC. I HIGHLY recommend her and I will continue to do so to all my future Brides!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Hannah T

Hilary is amazing!! Her mother Susan is just as amazing too. They make a great team. We had 12 people and had them all done with hair - updos, make up with lashes all done by noon after starting at 8am. They ladies were super professional and very great to work with. We also had... Read More another stylist and make up artist Olivia that was great too. Overall, the girls and everything as a whole ended up being as expected!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Ashley F

Hilary did my hair for my wedding last weekend and I couldn't have been happier. She was super easy and friendly to work with. She took my vision and made it come to life. All of my wedding party loved their styles.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Brooke H

Hilary did my hair and all my bridesmaids hair for my wedding last weekend. Everyone's hair looked amazing all night and I love the way my hair turned out. It was beautiful. Susan did my makeup as well as all my bridesmaids makeup. Everyone looked stunning and my makeup still... Read More looked perfect at the end of the night! I would recommend both of them to anyone. They are so sweet and showed up right on time on the day of the wedding. If I had any questions they answered them quickly for me!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Danielle B

Hilary was *amazing*! I completely changed my mind on my hairstyle last minute from what she had done for my trial and she was totally fine with it and nailed the style - it was exactly what I wanted. She showed up right on time and was so efficient and all of the girls loved... Read More their hair! Susan, who did makeup, was super fantastic, too. She captured each person's personality so well and everyone was so pleased with the results! Hilary and Susan were also super fun which may not seem important but it really is - you don't want vendors whose personalities don't match your own bringing down the vibe on your wedding day! They were both simply the best. :) Thank you both again so much for being so wonderful!!!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Lisa S

I usually do not write reviews, but I would like everyone to know how amazing Hilary and Susan are! My mom and I found her on the knot and her reviews were amazing. Let me tell you, she earned every 5 star review! My hair was so beautiful the day of my wedding and NEVER moved!... Read More It stayed perfectly in place ALL night! Susan did a fantastic job on my makeup. I felt so beautiful and she listened to exactly how I wanted it done. I wanted a more natural look and she delivered! Plus, my makeup was perfect all night! Having Hilary and Susan in the bridal sweet was so much fun. Their fun attitudes and excitement for what they do shows. Hilary also did my bridesmaid's hair and it was flawless all night as well. Thanks so much Hilary and Susan!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Kristen Y

Hilary was great! I had a large bridal party, and she was able to get through everyone (all 8 bridesmaids!) with time to spare! She was great to work with, and got back to me quickly with any questions I had. Would totally recommend!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Halee W

Hilary and her mom Susan were the most spectacular team to work with! They were punctual the morning of, were set up and ready to go so quickly. They were courteous to the wants of each of the bridesmaids wishes and they went above any beyond for my hair and makeup. They truly... Read More made me look better than I could have ever imagined on my wedding day! I recommend them to everyone looking for a stylist or make up artist for their wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Emily P

Hilary was absolutely fabulous to work with! She listened to my needs/wants for the day and arrived on time the morning of my wedding and was sure to get everyone's hair done in time. Hilary was very professional and listened to each and every one of my bridesmaids to make sure... Read More their hair was styled just the way they wanted - all of my bridesmaids looked beautiful! Hilary continues to grow her styling knowledge and expertise and is on top of the latest hair trends - I would recommend her for any wedding or formal event. She will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kaitlin H

Hilary and Susan did such an amazing job on my wedding day! I knew from the moment I booked her I wouldn't have to worry at all, I knew she would make me beautiful :) They were professional, sweet and wonderful to work with. They were able to have 6 bridesmaids hair and make up... Read More (mine too!) done in under 3 hours, and everyone looked friggin' fabulous (words cannot accurately describe all the beauty). I would book Hilary again and again if I could! Unfortunately, you only get married once.... :) Thank you Hilary!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Emily H

Hilary and her crew of artists made my day so stress free. They went above and beyond to help us look absolutely stunning. I felt like the most beautiful bride, and my bridal party ladies looked absolutely beautiful. We all have such different styles, but Hilary made everyone... Read More love their wedding look. My sister didn't stop talking about her hair all day! A big thank you to Hilary and her ladies for giving updos and applying make-up to all 12 of us (and for conveniently having super glue!)! You were amazing and I cannot thank you enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Allison G

Hilary did a fantastic job on my wedding hair as well as the bridal party and my mom and mother in law. She is very professional and easy to work with. She was able to accommodate everyone's needs! I am very happy I selected her for my wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Wendi T

I could not have thanked Hilary enough! I looked like the bride I dreamed about being! Thank you so much for all that you did to make my perfect day come true!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Lauren H

I came to Hilary after having my hair discolored elsewhere and within two sessions she had my hair looking MORE amazing and just in time for my wedding. I can't even think about how my hair would have looked without Hilary. She did our whole wedding party and everyone was so... Read More happy with how their hair turned out. We ALL got compliments throughout the night. Everyone wants to feel phenomenal on their wedding day and Hilary and Susan outshined everything I could have even imagined for my hair and makeup. I felt the prettiest I've ever felt!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Monica L

Hilary and Susan are awesome! I have unruly curls and lots of volume to my hair. I don't trust easily when it comes to stylists, but Hilary knows her way around a curling iron! I had flawless corkscrew curls! Susan made my eyes pop, and my skin look radiant (despite having had... Read More several blemishes at the time.) My makeup could not be cried off during the vows or sweat off on the dance floor. These two ladies are a dream team - personable, hilarious, and warm! They were able to adapt to our ever changing needs without complaint! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

I go to Hilary for all my haircuts and colorings, and she always does a great job. On my wedding day, she did not disappoint. My bridesmaids and I looked beautiful and all our hairstyles stayed perfect all through the night! She is also easy to work with, which is a plus when... Read More you have a ton of vendors to juggle with your wedding. She made the whole beauty process on my wedding day easy and fun.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Nicolette W

Hilary did an amazing job! She went above and beyond my expectations and all my bridesmaids were very pleased with their updos. I loved my wedding hair and she listened to exactly what I wanted. Super fun and easy to work with!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Jessica R

Hillary was fantastic. I did a lot of research and chose her because she had a wide Instagram presence so I could see lots of her work. She did hair only and did a great job. At the trial, she explained each choice she was making and I jotted down notes after to myself to note... Read More how long it lasted and any tweaks that needed to be made. She took all feedback on the day of and stuck around to put in my veil. She did several bridesmaids hair, as well as my moms. It was tricky because my mom was in a wheelchair and had a collar on her neck but Hillary worked around it and made her beautiful. I have waist length curly hair and she handled it so well. I fully recommend her!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Robyn R

Hilary and Susan did an absolutely amazing job for my wedding party and I. We had a group of 10 getting their hair done for the day (moms, bridesmaids and flower girls) and 8 getting makeup done (moms and bridesmaids). We were a very large party and they excelled far better than... Read More I ever could have imagined! They came early in the morning for us, and got all set up without any issues. Everyone looked amazing, their hair looked gorgeous and their makeup looked natural and played up all of the right features! I wanted to day to be easy for everyone and with their expertise, they kept everyone stress free and looking awesome. I could not recommend any one else higher than Hilary and Susan!

Hilary

Styling hair for events is what made me realize my passion at an early age. I have always loved using my creativity to come up with new styles, and working with brides allows me to do that every single day. I have been a licensed cosmetologist and professional makeup artist for over 10 years, and I truly love working in the wedding industry. I look forward to making you look like your absolute best self on one of the biggest days of your life!