Hilary Farrell Hair & Makeup Design

Serving Greater Kansas City Area

Hilary Farrell Professional Hair and Makeup Artist

Hilary is a licensed cosmetologist and professional makeup artist. Trained in Las Vegas, she specializes in event hair and makeup. She will bring the necessary tools to your location of choice to make you look and feel your absolute best on one of the most important days of your life.

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Waxing, Beauty

3703 Southwest Trafficway, Kansas City, MO Serving Greater Kansas City Area (702) 630-2236
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Kelsey N

I am not usually one to write reviews but I can't help but rave at how amazing Hilary is. She was an absolute joy to work with throughout my entire wedding process- great at communicating, very personable and is so amazingly talented! My entire bridal party of 6 got their hair... Read More done by Hilary on my wedding day and they all looked stunning. Also, for it being a 100+ degree summer day, everyone's hair looked just as great at the end of the night as it did moments after being done. Hilary went above and beyond in more ways than one. My Mother-In-Law ended up getting her hair done by another local salon and left in tears because she was so disappointed and upset with how her hair turned out- no one ever wants to experience that, especially on such a big day. When she came to the bridal suite, Hilary heard of her frustrations and offered to help fix her hair with no questions asked. It turned out beautiful and was exactly the way my MIL envisioned. I am so thankful to have worked with someone so accommodating and talented. I would HIGHLY recommend Hilary to anyone - she will exceed your expectations!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 aaa a

Hilary has done my hair for several years and was one of the first vendors I booked when I became engaged simply because I couldn't imagine anyone else doing my hair on my wedding day. Hilary came out to our location the morning of and did all 3 of my bridesmaid's hair in... Read More addition to my hair and makeup. She arrived early and was all set up and ready to begin right on time and was very fast in doing each up-do. All my bridesmaids showed her a photo of what they would like and she captured every detail they wanted perfectly. For my hair and makeup I couldn't have felt more beautiful on the day and Hilary did exactly what I'd asked for. It was important to me that I not look like I had a ton of makeup on as I don't wear a lot normally and she made my face perfect without making me look too done up or not myself. Overall I can't say enough good things about Hilary and would highly recommend her for any wedding or event.

Amazing Service for hair and makeup

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Kerry N

Hilary was such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. I knew when I got my trial done that she would make the whole getting ready part of the wedding a breeze. Hilary came over to my house in the morning since there were 7 bridesmaids, a MOB, and flower girl all... Read More getting their hair and makeup done before the 12:30 roll call. She was on time and set up within 15 minutes of getting to my house. Most of my bridesmaids knew what they wanted done with their hair and makeup, but for those that didn't, Hilary created a fantastic style that everyone loved. After getting my trial done, Hilary took a picture of my hairstyle so she would be able to recreate it on the day of. The whole process of getting ready was such a breeze and so fun knowing that Hilary had it all under control in terms of timelines and style. I got so many compliments the day of the wedding as well as on pictures, and I owe it all to Hilary and her makeup and hair skills! If I didn't live in Chicago, I would be going to Hilary for not only event styling, but as my regular hair stylist!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Dayna S

I usually do not write reviews, but I would like everyone to know how amazing Hilary and Susan are! My mom and I found her on the knot and her reviews were amazing. Let me tell you, she earned every 5 star review! My hair was so beautiful the day of my wedding and NEVER moved!... Read More It stayed perfectly in place ALL night! Susan did a fantastic job on my makeup. I felt so beautiful and she listened to exactly how I wanted it done. I wanted a more natural look and she delivered! Plus, my makeup was perfect all night! Having Hilary and Susan in the bridal sweet was so much fun. Their fun attitudes and excitement for what they do shows. Hilary also did my bridesmaid's hair and it was flawless all night as well. Thanks so much Hilary and Susan!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Kristen Y

Hilary was great! I had a large bridal party, and she was able to get through everyone (all 8 bridesmaids!) with time to spare! She was great to work with, and got back to me quickly with any questions I had. Would totally recommend!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Halee W

Hilary and her mom Susan were the most spectacular team to work with! They were punctual the morning of, were set up and ready to go so quickly. They were courteous to the wants of each of the bridesmaids wishes and they went above any beyond for my hair and makeup. They truly... Read More made me look better than I could have ever imagined on my wedding day! I recommend them to everyone looking for a stylist or make up artist for their wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Emily P

Hilary was absolutely fabulous to work with! She listened to my needs/wants for the day and arrived on time the morning of my wedding and was sure to get everyone's hair done in time. Hilary was very professional and listened to each and every one of my bridesmaids to make sure... Read More their hair was styled just the way they wanted - all of my bridesmaids looked beautiful! Hilary continues to grow her styling knowledge and expertise and is on top of the latest hair trends - I would recommend her for any wedding or formal event. She will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kaitlin H

Hilary and Susan did such an amazing job on my wedding day! I knew from the moment I booked her I wouldn't have to worry at all, I knew she would make me beautiful :) They were professional, sweet and wonderful to work with. They were able to have 6 bridesmaids hair and make up... Read More (mine too!) done in under 3 hours, and everyone looked friggin' fabulous (words cannot accurately describe all the beauty). I would book Hilary again and again if I could! Unfortunately, you only get married once.... :) Thank you Hilary!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Emily H

Hilary and her crew of artists made my day so stress free. They went above and beyond to help us look absolutely stunning. I felt like the most beautiful bride, and my bridal party ladies looked absolutely beautiful. We all have such different styles, but Hilary made everyone... Read More love their wedding look. My sister didn't stop talking about her hair all day! A big thank you to Hilary and her ladies for giving updos and applying make-up to all 12 of us (and for conveniently having super glue!)! You were amazing and I cannot thank you enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Allison G

Hilary did a fantastic job on my wedding hair as well as the bridal party and my mom and mother in law. She is very professional and easy to work with. She was able to accommodate everyone's needs! I am very happy I selected her for my wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Wendi N

I could not have thanked Hilary enough! I looked like the bride I dreamed about being! Thank you so much for all that you did to make my perfect day come true!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Lauren H

I came to Hilary after having my hair discolored elsewhere and within two sessions she had my hair looking MORE amazing and just in time for my wedding. I can't even think about how my hair would have looked without Hilary. She did our whole wedding party and everyone was so... Read More happy with how their hair turned out. We ALL got compliments throughout the night. Everyone wants to feel phenomenal on their wedding day and Hilary and Susan outshined everything I could have even imagined for my hair and makeup. I felt the prettiest I've ever felt!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Monica L

Hilary and Susan are awesome! I have unruly curls and lots of volume to my hair. I don't trust easily when it comes to stylists, but Hilary knows her way around a curling iron! I had flawless corkscrew curls! Susan made my eyes pop, and my skin look radiant (despite having had... Read More several blemishes at the time.) My makeup could not be cried off during the vows or sweat off on the dance floor. These two ladies are a dream team - personable, hilarious, and warm! They were able to adapt to our ever changing needs without complaint! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

I go to Hilary for all my haircuts and colorings, and she always does a great job. On my wedding day, she did not disappoint. My bridesmaids and I looked beautiful and all our hairstyles stayed perfect all through the night! She is also easy to work with, which is a plus when... Read More you have a ton of vendors to juggle with your wedding. She made the whole beauty process on my wedding day easy and fun.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Nicolette W

Hilary did an amazing job! She went above and beyond my expectations and all my bridesmaids were very pleased with their updos. I loved my wedding hair and she listened to exactly what I wanted. Super fun and easy to work with!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Jessica R

Hillary was fantastic. I did a lot of research and chose her because she had a wide Instagram presence so I could see lots of her work. She did hair only and did a great job. At the trial, she explained each choice she was making and I jotted down notes after to myself to note... Read More how long it lasted and any tweaks that needed to be made. She took all feedback on the day of and stuck around to put in my veil. She did several bridesmaids hair, as well as my moms. It was tricky because my mom was in a wheelchair and had a collar on her neck but Hillary worked around it and made her beautiful. I have waist length curly hair and she handled it so well. I fully recommend her!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Robyn R

Hilary and Susan did an absolutely amazing job for my wedding party and I. We had a group of 10 getting their hair done for the day (moms, bridesmaids and flower girls) and 8 getting makeup done (moms and bridesmaids). We were a very large party and they excelled far better than... Read More I ever could have imagined! They came early in the morning for us, and got all set up without any issues. Everyone looked amazing, their hair looked gorgeous and their makeup looked natural and played up all of the right features! I wanted to day to be easy for everyone and with their expertise, they kept everyone stress free and looking awesome. I could not recommend any one else higher than Hilary and Susan!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Kristen M

Hilary and Susan were a FANTASTIC duo! My entire bridal party absolutely loved their hair and makeup. They were so easy to work with and were happy to do touch ups and add lashes after some of the girls changed their minds. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Nikki B

Hilary came with me to Jamaica and did my hair and makeup and I couldn't have asked for a better turn out!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Rachael R

Hilary and her mom were so amazing to work with. She is very responsive and diligent about getting back to you in a timely manner and made the process seamless. My wedding day look was perfect and my bridesmaids were stunning. We were all so happy and they made me feel the... Read More prettiest on my wedding day , which is definetely what you want as a bride. Highly recommend the team at Hilary Farrel for hair and makeup!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Darian P

Hilary was great to work with! I had a trial run with her about a month before my wedding and she met every single expectation. My hair was exactly how I envisioned it, if not better! The day of the wedding, my hair lasted all day and night. There was not a hair out of... Read More place. Her salon is very clean and nice. Hilary is an awesome stylist whom I would recommend to everyone! She listens to you and is very sweet. I think her prices are reasonable and worth every penny because she does such an amazing job!

Amazing, fun, Professional

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Elizabeth R

I did a trial run with a few local artist and decided on Hilary for my hair and my bridal party hair. Her make-up artist Susan is amazing as well! Hilary knew what time we needed to be there based off our size, she made everyone's hair unique and gorgeous! I wanted a few... Read More changes with one of the girls and she was there to please! We received so many compliments! Also our hair didn't lose curl or shape at all! Susan does beautiful make-up! I had teenage children standing up in the wedding and she didn't overdo their make-up! She made all of us look flawless! I would recommend this duo to anyone!!!

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Sara E

I would highly recommend Hilary because not only does she do beautiful hair, but she is easy to work with. I had a really hard time deciding how to wear my hair on my wedding day and she did 2 trials and then I decided to do something totally different from both trials for my... Read More wedding. She never lost patience with me. We also used her mom for makeup; they are a great team!

Fun and Relaxing Wedding Day

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Allison M

I have been getting my hair done by Hilary for many years and I have never been disappointed. On my wedding day I only had a few guidelines for how I wanted my hair and makeup to look and she he made sure to incorporate a headband and lipstick color I wanted. That morning and... Read More afternoon she created a fun environment so my bridesmaids and I stayed comfortable and happy. We had a relaxing day getting pampered by Hilary and on top of it all, the hair and makeup stayed in place all day and night (only had to reapply lipstick twice)!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Stacy H

Hilary and her mother are the best! I got compliments all night about how beautiful my hair and makeup were and it was all because of them. They listened to what I wanted and made it unique to me. My bridesmaids and mothers all loves their hair and makeup too. I cannot thank... Read More them enough and if you want the best out there, Hilary is it! Stacy Neary

Hilary

Styling hair for events is what made me realize my passion at an early age. I have always loved using my creativity to come up with new styles, and working with brides allows me to do that every single day. I have been a licensed cosmetologist and professional makeup artist for over 10 years, and I truly love working in the wedding industry. I look forward to making you look like your absolute best self on one of the biggest days of your life!