Historic Mankin Mansion

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel

Service Staff

4300 Oakleys Ln, Richmond, VA (804) 737-7773

Reviewed on 7/14/2017

My husband and I got married at Historic Mankin Mansion this past April and it was hands down the best day of our lives. Everything was so wonderful with the help of the Mankin Mansion staff and our planner which was provided through the venue, Katie. We had several meetings... Read More with Katie before the big day and she did a great job of communicating with me when I had questions in a timely manner. She also did a great job communicating with my other vendors and confirming all of the details so I didn't have to worry about it. Because of the Mankin Mansion staff, I truly had nothing to worry about on my wedding day other then focusing on having the best day with friends, family, and of course my husband. Our whole wedding party and immediate family also stayed at the mansion the night of our wedding and I am so glad we made the decision to do so. All of the accommodations were fabulous and I have heard so many positive comments from our wedding party. We also had breakfast at the mansion the next morning and it was delicious and a great way to end our experience. This is such a lovely venue with really great staff- I would not change a thing if I could do it all over again. Highly, highly recommended!

2017-07-24T12:54:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We have always made it our priority to ensure couples don't have a care in the world on their wedding day, and we're thrilled to see we accomplished that for you. Thank you for taking time to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Kate F

Mankin Mansion did an amazing job with the whole wedding process. From the planning and working out the little questions, through the day of coordination. The care taken in every step was all we could have asked for. We were so happy with how the day turned out and how we never... Read More had any stress or qualms with Mankin Mansion. The staff was always professional and made our day feel like it was everything it was supposed to be. We stayed at Historic Mankin Mansion from Friday through Sunday and it made the whole weekend stress free (not to mention the massages). The man cave was perfect for the groomsmen in the hours leading up to the ceremony and the rooms where the whole bridal party stayed the weekend were beautiful. We used Mankin's preferred vendors and it made it that much easier, using someone that they have a relationship with immensely lessened the questions that came our way. Guests cannot stop raving about how beautiful the grounds were and how much fun they had. We wish we could do it all over again with Mankin Mansion.

2017-07-24T12:55:33 Response from the vendor

Kate, you have made our day! We're so glad you enjoyed your experience at Mankin Mansion, as our team is always striving to give couples the wedding of their dreams. It was an honor to be a part of your special day. Let us know... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Julie R

We had our ceremony and reception at the Historic Mankin Mansion and loved how everything turned out! We picked this venue for many reasons including a top notch DJ, a beautiful setting that didn't need a ton of decorations/embellishments, separate space options for the ceremony... Read More and reception, an included day-of coordinator, an experienced event team, and a TON of included rentals (like chairs, tables, A/V, tent, dance floor, etc). The price originally made us hesitate, but by the time we factored in all the things that were included, we realized it was a great choice! We met with our planner, Katie, a couple times leading up to the wedding and she helped us stay on track with wedding "to-dos". The most beneficial meeting was the final walk through the week of the wedding - you bring all your decor and that way you can totally unload all your mental notes about where you want things, how you want things displayed, etc. You also sit down and talk through every detail of the rehearsal and wedding day. For us, that meeting was Tuesday before our Saturday wedding and helped me let go of a lot of wedding stress knowing Katie was now handling all that. Katie also did a great job the day of. She kept our timeline on track without making the day feel rushed or strained, which I'm sure is a hard job! Our DJ, Martin, was phenomenal. He read the crowd perfectly and everyone keeps raving about how awesome the music was. We had a packed dance floor all night! I would absolutely recommend having your wedding at the Historic Mankin Mansion. Planning a wedding is a wonderful, but unbelievably stressful process. Knowing that we could lean on their tried and true expertise and knowing that they wouldn't let us miss something, was a huge asset.

2017-07-24T12:56:37 Response from the vendor

Julie, thank you for sharing your experience with us here at Mankin Mansion! We loved being a part of your wedding. Our years of experience has helped allow us to give couples peace of mind when planning their wedding and having a stress free experience,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Anne J

I couldn't rave enough about Mankin Mansion. Our day was so organized from the beginning with several planning meetings, a day-of timeline, to down to the minute organization by Katie and the staff of Mankin Mansion. I don't even have to mention how BEAUTIFUL the venue is and... Read More made our wedding just perfect. We had the wonderful DJ Martin who helped our guests have a great time on the dance floor. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing and Mankin Mansion made our wedding day perfect!

2017-07-25T13:06:28 Response from the vendor

Anne, we so appreciate your generous feedback! We pride ourselves on staying organized throughout the wedding planning process of all our couples to ensure complete satisfaction. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience! ~ The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Kristin W

The Historic Mankin Mansion is the most amazing place to get married! Everything was so easy and I had zero issues on the day of my wedding. Katie was amazing at making sure everything went smooth. The whole team at Mankin Mansion will make your wedding even better than you... Read More planned!

2017-07-25T13:07:03 Response from the vendor

Kristin, thank you so much for sharing! We will pass along your kind words to Katie and the rest of the team. It was an honor to be a part of your wedding! ~ The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Paige T

This venue is perfection in every way. It's gorgeous and the owners put a lot of love and passion into every detail. It's unique and just breathtaking during the day and into the night with lots lightning. The service is exceptional. I was able to just show up on my wedding day... Read More and everything was perfect.

2017-07-25T13:07:39 Response from the vendor

Paige, your review has put a smile on all of our faces! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love each and every couple we serve and are always working to make sure they have the wedding of their... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Sydney L

It was love after first sight on our first visit to Mankin! Once we made the decision to get married there, it was as though everything began to fall in place. Having Kate as our fabulous coordinator, was priceless. She offered full support including quick turnaround on... Read More emails, recommendation on vendors, and ensuring that my husband and I had every T crossed and I dotted. Based on the work we did together on the timeline + music + vendor coordination, our wedding day was a breeze. I am so grateful we chose to get married at Mankin! Would recommended them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Stephanie C

When I first visited Mankin Mansion, I was blown away at how gorgeous the grounds were. I could not stop thinking about the venue, so I knew that was the location for us. Every time I visited the site, I saw a new feature. There are so many places to take pictures with all the... Read More unique details. When I began the planning process, the venue include a wedding planner to assist with all our needs. Kate was amazing and quickly responded to all my emails. The day of could not have gone more perfect. I highly recommend Mankin mansion! It truly is the most perfect venue and has the best staff!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

We used this venue for both our ceremony and reception. The planning period was wonderful with 3 detailed planning meetings and a provided binder to assist with recommendations for services such as catering and photographers. We were assisted with a hotel block at a great hotel... Read More just 5 minutes away that also provided complimentary shuttle services which our out of town guests loved. Gina was an amazing wedding coordinator and made sure that all that we discussed happened on the wedding day. Martin was an amazing DJ and played exactly what we asked for. We were provided with wine to enjoy right after the ceremony and with our names and wedding date we decided to make it apart of our wine box ceremony. There were absolutely no worries and there was so much dedication put into to making our day great from the time we arrived until the time we had our grand exit. There were so many personal best wishes from staff and Martin even offered a personal bottle of white wine when we were running low. I would definitely recommend this venue ! The grounds look amazing and the staff is great! Thanks again Mankin Mansion!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Audra S

Our wedding at the Historic Mankin Mansion was an absolute dream come true. The entire process was a breeze because our wedding planner, Gina, was meticulous, careful, thoughtful, and organized. At our first sit-down meeting, I was given a pre-organized binder with suggestions... Read More and recommendations for every aspect of the wedding, complete with brochures and contact information for all types of officiants, caterers, glam squads, and anything else you can imagine wanting or needing on your wedding day. Gina continued to keep all of my contracts together by emailing every single person we booked for the wedding personally (including the caterer, photographer, videographer, photo booth representative, florist, and officiant. She worked with us through Skype since we live a state away and asked us many detailed questions to ensure our day was exactly how we wanted it. The week of the wedding, we had a final walk-through meeting where she took all of the decorations and details so that she knew exactly how to set them up the day of the wedding so that we wouldn't have to do anything the day of. Her and her team, as well as the DJ and owner Martin, had their own info meeting without us so that she could communicate all of our wishes to the rest of the staff before we arrived for the rehearsal. Although rain was forecasted for the entire wedding weekend, forcing Gina and Martin to prepare for a backup rain plan, they allowed us to wait it out so we could be sure the outdoor wedding was a go! At the rehearsal, Gina was very clear so our huge wedding party knew exactly what to do. She even provided us all with a detailed, to-the-minute itinerary for the wedding day, which impressed and calmed me. On the day of the wedding, Gina was so happy and congratulatory, answered all of our consistent and annoying questions without once losing patience, and seemed to be everywhere at once so that everything ran smoothly. She even showed up at the very end of our sparkler send-off waiting for us at the car to congratulate us once more. The getting-ready rooms were beautiful, although the boys seemed to have it a little better in their game room, where they played pool, basketball, and other games with their pre-ceremony beers. I kind of wanted to skip out on all the girly stuff and go hang out with them! Martin did an excellent job by double-checking all of the wedding party's names, playing all of our song choices, and throwing in some of his own to make sure everyone was up, dancing, and having a great time. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. If our florist's flowers had not been there, it still would have given off a lovely garden feel by itself. They even had mosquito repellent on hand! I wanted to have my wedding at the HMM because I attended a wedding there 7 years ago. Everything I loved about that wedding was the same for mine 7 years later, indicating their consistency and precision with each and every detail. Lovely people, lovely place, and the most gorgeous wedding I could have imagined for myself! One of our groomsman later screamed to us while we were dancing, "I'M HAVING MY WEDDING AT THE MANKIN MANSION!"

Reviewed on 5/02/2015 Carter M

We had our wedding renewal ceremony and reception at HMM in March. The grounds looked stunning the whole weekend. The day of our wedding was a little tricky; it was forecasted to rain all day long, right up until 15 minutes before the start time of our ceremony. Kate (our... Read More amazing wedding planner) and Martin (owner) were in constant contact with us throughout the day to let us know what the forecast was saying, and what our options were for choosing in indoor or outdoor ceremony. But prayers were answered and the rain did end up stopping 15 minutes before the start of our ceremony, followed by a sunny sky. Martin was very flexible with us though; they actually allowed us to push the ceremony (and entire timeline of events for the night) back 15 minutes, so that they could keep the guest chairs dry and give them some extra time to take their seats. That was huge for us. Martin is an AWESOME MC/DJ. He is very flexible with changes/requests, got everyones name perfect, played all of the songs we asked for (and more of his own mixes towards the end which was definitely getting people on the dance floor), and did a great job of keeping things rolling throughout the night. Super professional and catered to the "feel" of the night. Our wedding planner Kate was pretty amazing throughout the entire experience, from the time we booked the venue last summer, up to us driving away at the end of the wedding night. She does so much behind the scenes work that ultimately led up to a perfect wedding weekend. She did a good job of keeping us on track (time wise) throughout the entire day, but was never pushy and never once interrupted us if we were talking with guests, etc. In the hours leading up to the ceremony it was raining pretty hard, but Kate had her rain boots on and was making countless trips between the groom/groomsmen area and the bride/bridesmaids area to keep us both in the loop with the weather situation. Couldn't have done it without her!!

HMM is amazing!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Ali S

I recently got married at the Historic Mankin Mansion and it was absolutely beautiful. My husband and I were engaged for a year and a half and we were long distance but we chose the mansion together before he moved and we both agree that other than marrying each other, that was... Read More the BEST decision that we made! We had a wonderful wedding planner, Kate, who assisted us through the whole process and had everything to discuss so that I didn't feel like I was forgetting every little thing. She coordinated our Rehearsal and the whole wedding and I would have been lost without her! She was always polite and sweet when she asked me anything on the wedding day and I didn't feel bothered or overwhelmed at all by her or any of the other staff--it was always easy to find them and they were more than willing to help make this the best day ever! The grounds are beautiful and almost every guest was blown away by the venue and asked "how did you find this place?!" My answer: I googled it and as soon as we toured the venue, we fell in love with it." I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to feel relaxed and taken care of during their planning process and on their wedding day. I literally checked in on Friday and felt the stress just fly away (no kidding) It was such a relaxing and enjoyable weekend and I owe it all to the staff at the Historic Mankin Mansion!

Hands Down... Best! Venue! Ever!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Julie W

We love love love the Historic Mankin Mansion!!!! My husband and I were married there in September this year and it was amazing!! The grounds themselves were perfect. Everything was beautifully maintained and created the perfect experience for us and our guests. Every... Read More single guest continued to compliment the venue for weeks after the wedding! Our planning experience couldn’t have been better. During our first meeting our planner, Kate, gave us this fantastic binder – already organized with dividers, pens, and paper! – to help keep me on track. That was pretty awesome considering I was using the Memo app to keep my vendors straight. Honestly, once I signed the contract with the vendors my interaction with them was strictly creative. Kate took care of all of the logistics of deliveries, set up and teardown. It was great! At the rehearsal, Kate introduced herself to our wedding party and families and kept the entire process quick and easy. She explained all of the steps and kept everyone on track which is sometimes difficult. This precision continued on the wedding day – the entire ceremony was flawless and the entrances were perfect. She kept the reception formalities on track (with the assistance of our impressive DJ mentioned below) and every time I needed to find her during the reception she was right there. She’s a true asset to the Mansion! Martin, the Proprietor and the DJ, was the best DJ ever. I swear my guests and I spent more time on the dance floor than I have in my life! My husband and I wanted our guests to have a blast at our wedding and really wanted it to be a giant party and that’s exactly what he created with his DJ skills. From helping to customize the wedding parties individual entry songs to feeding off of the crowds energy keeping the dance floor full and rocking for 3+ hours. (Guests are still talking about him too!) This was the best decision we ever made. When we were considering venues there were some reservations but I’m so happy we overcame them. Trust us when we say deciding to host your event at the Historic Mankin Mansion will be the best decision you make!

Our big day at the Historic Mankin Mansion

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Alee S

First we fell in love with how beautiful the mansion was. Second we fell in love with the staff, they were always there to answer any questions that we had and were willing to do just about anything for us! Finally we fell in love with how dedicated the owners are. They are so... Read More detailed with making sure every inch of their property looks beautiful! The Mansion helped every aspect of our wedding come together flawlessly, making our wedding day perfect! Unlike many venues you can use your own catering service, and they provide a DJ, one of the best in the RVA, making that one less vendor you have to find. We could not have found a more perfect and beautiful wedding venue!

Amazing!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Ashby W

We booked this venue for the whole weekend so we could stay on grounds, as well as our entire wedding party, seeing that some were flying in from CA. We had our Rehearsal Dinner there too, and afterwards just stayed around and visited with friends! We got married at my family's... Read More church, which was a 20 minute drive from here, but in the end, this was the perfect location and with all the amenities that come with the venue, you wont come close to sticking to your budget if you were to rent them individually some place else. Trust me, I looked! Come the day of our wedding, I was very impressed by owners (this was the first time I really had any contact with Paula, one of the owners) and all of their staff. The attention to detail and the care they took to make sure that everything was just the way I had envisioned, was spot on! I could go on and on, but this team truly is a first class team, and they know what they are doing, and they do it extrememly well. I was very impressed, and I am self proclaimed nit-picker, so I tend to find faults that others would never find....I was hard pressed this day! Come to think of it, I had zero complaints, and nothing but wonderful things to say about every aspect of my wedding day! If you are on a tighter budget, but want it all like I did, you can still have it all!!! We were able to stick within our budget and still have the wedding of our dreams! They offer half price starting November 1st, so we got married November 2nd! We were able to do a lot more here than we ever would have been able to anywhere else, and it made life so much easier. We worked with Jocelene as our planner, and she was wonderful! Always there to answer our questions, as was any one of the other plannners, and she helped out tremendously with any vendor issues, and just overall made the process easier on me and my now husband. If you are lucky enough to experience Mankin Mansion for yourself, I promise, you will not be disappointed!!

PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Lindsay L

Historic Mankin Mansion was an amazing venue!! Their staff was incredibly helpful and knowledgable throughout the entire planning process. One of the most appealing aspects they offered was their package that include ceremony site, reception site, tent, tables, chairs, and the... Read More DJ. This made alot of decisions much simpler :) Also, the grounds are stunning! When the sun went down, the magic of the venue really showed. The lights were all throughout the gardens, and the tent couldn't have been more beautifully illuminated. Martin was an excellent DJ and got the crowd dancing and celebrating our special day. So many of our guests said it was one of the nicest weddings they had ever been too. We were so glad Historic Mankin Mansion is the place where we started the rest of our lives together.

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Kevin P

When my wife and I found the Historic Mankin Mansion, we knew right away that as far fitting our desires for an outdoor vintage/1950's-style wedding were concerned, we had the perfect place. Martin, his wife, and the staff completed the experience. Everything was done on time,... Read More professionally, and yet with a sense of fun and excitement. Our guests were blown away with how well everything was put together. Our wedding planner, Jocelene, was very patient with us and gave us the sense that she was a part of the wedding. Overall, HMM made our wedding day one to remember.

Mankin Mansion - Perfect!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Carrie P

My experience with the Mankin Mansion was nothing less than extraordinary. We were fortunate to have my parents book the venue for the entire weekend. No detail was left undone. To my complete surprise, even the details that I thought of spur-of-the-moment during the planning... Read More process were taken care of - even if I had forgotten! Also, on the wedding day I had an idea that I forgot to mention previously - I told Kate (my planner included in the weekend) and she made it happen 30 minutes later. The Mansion staff truly make you feel like the most important person in the world. I can't imagine my wedding day without the Mankin Mansion. I live in San Diego and the Mansion is in Richmond. Even though I was planning across the country, there was never an issue with communication and I always felt confident in what was going on. Kate, my planner, was WONDERFUL. She thoroughly listened to everything I had to say and made it happen. All in all, the Mansion was the perfect venue - from the planning to the staff to the event details!

AMAZING WEDDING VENUE

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Sarah D

The Historic Mankin Mansion was the ideal place to get married. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the staff at the mansion truly goes above and beyond to make sure that your day goes exactly how you envision it! Highly recommended!

The Most Beautiful Wedding Venue in Richmond

Reviewed on 5/19/2013 Emily Y

My husband and I are completely convinced that there just isn't another wedding venue in Richmond that compares to The Mankin Mansion. The Mankin Mansion is worth the cost, and if you ask us, it is a STEAL for all that comes with choosing this gorgeous venue. With the... Read More Mansion you get a wedding planner/coordinator who handles almost everything for you. When you hire a vendor (florist, caterer, photographer), the contract goes to your Mankin Mansion planner, and she will make sure they know the schedule and what you want, so once you do the hiring the stress is out of your hands. We got to enjoy our engagement instead of worry and stress over the details. They also take care of all the decor the day of the wedding, so when you arrive at the Mansion you get to see everything set up and pretty and you just get to relax. I can't tell you how many weddings we have spent setting up/tearing down for the bride and groom. It was SO NICE to not work our friends and family AT ALL for this wedding. We wanted it to be just as special and happy for them, too, and it was! The DJ/MC Martin is a part of the package, and guests from our wedding are still talking about how flawless and fun he is! As the bride, I can tell you I loved him. He got the idea of what we wanted and ran with it. He also made sure everything flowed throughout the night. He also does all of the lighting in the tent, which made for very cool pictures and atmosphere! Choosing the Mansion made our engagement so much less stressful, and we just felt so so so happy and taken care of on our wedding day, that I can't say ENOUGH about the Mansion. After our wedding, our photographer wrote on her blog that The Mansion is "the place to get married in Richmond." She, along with several of our other vendors, were so impressed by the beauty and consideration of the Mankin Mansion. We also now have many engaged friends who have put the Mankin Mansion at the top of their lists. We highly, HIGHLY recommend it! :)

One stop shop!

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Kara G

Mankin Mansion made my wedding a dream! they kept me and my bridal pary on time and everything ran so smoothly! Not one thing went wrong! DJ kept the party going and the planner always kept me in the loop of everything that needed to be done and when and they also contacted and... Read More arranged all my vendors so I didn't have to!

Our Dream Wedding!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2012 Jennifer R

I'm not even kidding when I say that I chose Historic Mankin Mansion as my wedding venue before I met my husband. I stumbled on the website by accident a few months before meeting him and I knew I had to get married there. The grounds are immaculate. The house is... Read More beautiful. The reception tent and lighting is set up wonderfully. And the staff could not have been better. As soon as you book the venue, they assign a wedding coordinator to you. Gina Garner was assigned to me. As a bride who has never been married and has no older sisters, I was a little overwhelmed. But I had no reason to be, the staff makes sure that EVERY detail is covered, so that you have not a care in the world on your wedding day. On my wedding day, it literally poured during the ceremony (and Mankin is an outdoor venue). They had everything in place to take care of us. Not only is the venue gorgeous, they know how to make your wedding go smoothly no matter what the circumstances. My husband and I could not have be happier with them for making our wedding day truly amazing and unforgettable. On a side note, I know that Mankin seems to be pricier than some other venues at face value. But your coordinator and a shuttle service are included in your price. And that might even out your costs if you're considering adding those two things at another venue!

Fabulous!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Noel D

Our wedding at Mankin Mansion was the most gorgeous and well run wedding imaginable. Weeks later we are still hearing from guests that it was the best wedding they've EVER attended.

Absolutely Perfect.

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Amanda O

If you are getting married in Richmond, get married here. We booked the wedding weekend package (without the rehearsal dinner), and the Mankin staff took care of EVERYTHING. Jocelene was my on-site coordinator and she was amazing to work with during the entire planning... Read More process. AMAZING. She was so organized and always had everything under control, even the week before the wedding when my mom and I were bombarding her with emails. She and the Mankin Mansion staff coordinated with all of my other vendors and dealt with all of the tiny details so that everyone (particularly my mom and me) could relax and actually enjoy the day! And the venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. We had so many people tell us that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever attended...maybe that's just what you say at weddings, but I seriously can't think of one thing I wish had gone differently. This place is well worth the investment.

Fabulous Wedding Weekend Venue!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Amberly M

We chose the weekend wedding package at Historic Mankin Mansion and couldn't be happier! Arriving Friday allowed us to enjoy the entire weekend instead of rushing and doing it all in one day! There are cottages for the bridesmaids/groomsmen and family suites, so those dearest to... Read More us stayed on the property the entire weekend with us. The staff at Mankin have every little detail covered from start to finish! Our planner Mary Lee was out of this world amazing and helpful! The owners Martin and Paula are super friendly and accommodating! Martin is also the DJ and my guests are still talking about how he was the best DJ they have heard at a wedding! He got the party started quicker than I have ever seen! The mansion is worth every penny!