Hitch & Sparrow Wedding Co.

Hitch & Sparrow is a wedding photography company based in Chicago, IL & Denver, CO. We are deeply passionate about marriage and would love to see the health of your friendship favor the production of one day. We are available and love to travel all over the world to create beautiful work to celebrate your marriage.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Chicago, IL Chicago, Colorado & Worldwide (312) 725-3951
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 AJ L

I like to think of myself as a pretty low maintenance bride, but I knew the photography was going to be especially important, so I made a lot more effort to find just the right match for us. It's easy to forget, but your photographer is the vendor you spend the most time with on... Read More your wedding day, so you better like them! Hitch & Sparrow was a terrific match for us from the start. Anthony met with us to talk about their approach and answer all our questions. I initially contacted them because their portfolio is gorgeous and just our style (not cliche and cookie-cutter like a lot of wedding photographers). What sealed the deal was how easy-going and likeable Anthony is. We had a bit of a non-traditional wedding - no wedding party, no church, ceremony and reception in one room of a restaurant, no cake cutting, no first dance, only 50 people - and we wanted to find someone who would be cool with our way of approaching the wedding. We were also a little nervous because my husband and I are both pretty shy in front of a camera, but Anthony made a real effort to make the whole experience comfortable, not at all stressful, and tailored to the two of us. It was like having a friend take our pictures - a really talented friend. Our whole wedding day was even more wonderful because of Hitch & Sparrow. In addition to the amazing first look and pre-ceremony photos, we got some terrific family portraits and candids from the ceremony and reception. We also got the photo booth for the reception, and everyone had a blast posing for pictures - it was the perfect addition to the night. We got our photos a lot faster than I expected, especially because I knew they were at the peak of their busy season and the results were fantastic. I'm not very photogenic, but Anthony made us both look like stars. Some of the images are so stunning they actually look like stock photos! I could not be happier that we chose Hitch & Sparrow!

2015-11-10T15:54:32 Response from the vendor

James & AJ! You two are the absolute best. Thanks so much for having us on for your unique day! We had a blast celebrating and photographing with you and your loved ones. Thanks a million for such a great experience. We're glad you're as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Lauren D

My wife and I cannot speak highly enough about the team at Hitch & Sparrow. It would be tough to imagine our wedding celebration without them. They are complete pros; but more than that, they have a unique ability to connect with folks. By the end of the day, they felt like... Read More guests with cameras. It’s this skill that allows them to work seamlessly within the flow of a wedding to create really personal and beautiful photos. We will cherish our photos for the rest of our lives. In fact, our families were so thrilled with H&S’s work that the team will be back to shoot my brother-in-law’s wedding in May. Anthony, Laura, Brad and their team are truly special people with truly special talent.

2016-03-14T11:02:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Paul! We're incredibly thankful for the opportunity we had to celebrate with you guys and the images we were able to capture. We're thrilled we get to see you two in May and can't wait to reconnect! Appreciate your kind words, please... Read Less Read More

These guys are the BUSINESS!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Noah G

I had the pleasure of working with Anthony and Brad when I stood up in my best friend's wedding last summer. The pair together...just awesome...and I realized I could not not work with them. Demand for these guys has gone way up, so I was glad we could at least snag Brad for... Read More our big day, who along with his wife, Nicole, and professional friend, Chloe, brilliantly led a group of 20 bridal party members through an enjoyable process. My wife and I were married at the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, and we did not expect all of the mosquitos on that July 19th, 2014. It could have been easy to say "to hell with this, we've got enough, let's get back to shelter!" Brad and the team, however, made us feel at ease and encouraged us to keep going until they had everything we needed. These guys are truly MVPs of their craft, and you can count on them to quarterback any type of wedding. They are great listeners and willing to provide consultation throughout the wedding process. After all the time, sweat and mosquito battle wounds, they deliver a final product that helps you remember your wedding like the fairytale it was. Oh, and they also make you look like sexy bitches. We can't thank these guys enough for such a wonderful experience. There's no other company we'd recommend to our friends and family.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Jack T

These guys are incredible. We looked into so many photographers for our wedding day, and couldn't be happier with the choice we made in Hitch & Sparrow. Anthony and Laura were so welcoming from the get-go, and the time we spent taking photos felt like we were just hanging out... Read More with friends. Add to that the amazing photos, and you have the makings for a great day with great memories. The photos they took really captured who we are and the feeling of the day, and they took the photos that we wanted--not the photos that you seem to see with every wedding and engagement shoot. If we were to do it all again, Hitch & Sparrow would absolutely be a part of our big day. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Caren F

With all of the

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 christine s

We are so pleased with our photos from Hitch and Sparrow from our wedding day. Anthony and Brad did an amazing job capturing many wonderful moments on the day of our wedding. Being from out of state, Anthony was more than happy to call us multiple times to confirm that... Read More everything was in place before the big day. We are so excited about or photos and can't wait to share them with everyone!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Seth B

We absolutely love Hitch and Sparrow and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding/engagement photographer. My wife and I were married last April, and were lucky enough to have Hitch and Sparrow shoot our wedding AND our engagement photos – and let me tell... Read More you, they did an incredible job! My wife and I still get compliments on our wedding photos, and we both love how well Hitch and Sparrow was able to capture the beauty of the day. Throughout the entire process leading up to the wedding, Hitch and Sparrow was extremely professional – they were prompt with responses, creative, personable, and easy to work with. We loved having them there to share in the celebration of our marriage! We are so glad that we will have these gorgeous pictures to help us remember our wedding day, and can’t thank Hitch and Sparrow enough! If you are looking for a photographer to capture your wedding, I would HIGHLY recommend Hitch and Sparrow.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Edward V

My wife and I used Hitch & Sparrow for our wedding this summer and our experience was exceptional! They made an extra effort to get to know us personally in advance of our big day -- to understand what we were trying to do stylistically -- and the result was an amazing... Read More collection of images that perfectly captures and preserves how things were in real-life. Beyond simply being talented photographers, and being easy to work with, the H&S crew were a huge help in ensuring that everything stayed on schedule, that important people were in the right places, and (in a moment of pre-wedding anxiety) that the bride stayed calm and composed. I’d definitely recommend them to anyone getting married or throwing a large family gathering; their expertise is absolutely worth it.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Lara L

We cannot recommend Hitch & Sparrow enough! From the moment we booked them for our wedding, communications with Anthony were very clear and organized. He was always available to answer any questions that came up throughout the planning process. Deposit and payment was made very... Read More simple through their online platform. When our special day came around, it was a joy having Anthony and Nick there to capture all the special moments. They were both super happy and positive, and seemed genuinely excited to be part of the festivities. They were extremely professional, but not stuffy. They helped foster a relaxed environment where my entire family could feel comfortable and enjoy themselves. Anthony was even nice enough to hold onto my lipstick and lipgloss for touch ups! Besides their professionalism, their photos are unmatched in my opinion. Anthony knows how to create shots where everyone looks amazing, but not too staged. His photos are intimate and exciting! I really wanted to have some cityscape shots and Anthony knew an exact location where we could nail those picturesque landscape shots! We are so thankful to have had H&S as part of our wedding day and we will absolutely cherish the photos for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Kristin A

Anthony and Nick with Hitch and Sparrow were absolutely fabulous! We used them for both our engagement session and wedding and can't speak more highly of their incredible artistic eye, ease to work with, guidance in timing and position for the most magical shots and just overall... Read More professionalism. They are so much fun as well to have with you on such a special day which is bound to have some stressful moments. We surprisingly had hail in the middle of summer and they did such a great job rolling with the punches to keep us (mostly me) at ease and still find the perfect places to get the most amazing pictures that they knew we were looking for in the midst of it all. I did a lot of research looking for photographers prior to and I couldn't be happier with the decision we made with Hitch and Sparrow. We have received such awesome feedback from our guests about how great having them at the wedding was and how incredible the pictures are. They were easy to keep in touch with beforehand and quick to get pictures to you after. I would tell anyone and everyone to use them without any hesitation. I can't wait to find other big life moments to either fly to Colorado for or make Anthony come to me to shoot because he truly is gifted.

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Ashley S

Our wedding was on 10.15.16 and one of the best decisions we could have made during the entire wedding planning process was booking Hitch and Sparrow. Not only did our pictures turn out amazing (I'm obsessed) - but both Anthony and Brad were incredibly easy to work with from... Read More beginning to end. From scheduling meetings and to the last minute pictures we wanted the day of the wedding, they were incredibly flexible and easy going. I was willing to spend money on good photographers because pictures last forever. They were worth every penny! Look at the Hitch and Sparrow Instagram. They have a different style than a lot of wedding photographers which make the pictures unique. Do yourself a favor and book with them! You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Joseph W

If I could give these guys more than five stars, I would! My husband and I truly could not have asked for better photographers to be part of our big day. From the unbelievable photos Hitch & Sparrow created, capturing every moment and every detail, to the personal relationship... Read More we formed with them (they really felt like friends at our wedding… who just happened to know how to work a fancy camera!), Hitch & Sparrow made our day what it was and we couldn’t be more thankful.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Courtney W

I can't say enough good things about Hitch and Sparrow! Anthony and Laura photographed our wedding last August and we couldn't be happier with the results. We received the photos quickly after the wedding and they turned out amazing! They did a fantastic job of capturing both... Read More the small details and the big moments of the day. We got married in a loft space with a beautiful view and a ton of cool art installations that we'll never forget because Anthony and Laura captured them so well. Professional and very friendly, they were one of the very few aspects of the day that we didn't have to worry about. My husband and I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Madison S

Hitch & Sparrow did such an amazing job at our wedding last September. Anthony and Laura are thoughtful and kind and truly make the day special. Anthony came up with some excellent ideas for shots during the day that ended up being some of our most treasured photos. Hitch &... Read More Sparrow is an excellent choice for a wedding photographer. They take beautiful photos and are a much needed calming presence throughout a very hectic day. I could not recommend more!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Hitch & Sparrow captured our wedding beautifully with hundreds of gorgeous photos. We wanted a photographer who would take not only the typical posed family photos but also a lot of candid pictures of the ceremony, the reception, the guests, the garden venue, and us. H&S did all... Read More that, and more, finding the best backdrops and the most gorgeous light and setting up both fun and more romantic poses. Anthony respected our wishes to spend less time on posed photos during the reception (we wanted to dance!) and getting those in before the ceremony. H&S was flexible and accommodating, while making sure to photograph all the important (as well as the more subtle) moments. I can't recommend them more!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015

Photography was really the only thing we splurged on for our wedding, but I'm glad we did! Anthony and Laura were really easy to work with throughout the process. We met up with Anthony a few weeks beforehand, which definitely made us more comfortable on the day of. I'm really... Read More impressed by how flattering the majority of the photos are, considering that we were in a sweaty greenhouse in July! Besides really nice couples and family portraits, they did an awesome job capturing the dance party and some little details throughout the event.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Lauryn A

I can't say enough good things about Anthony and Hitch & Sparrow! From our first meeting at a coffee shop in Logan Square, to our final pictures inside The Drake, it was a dream come true. Seriously- Anthony is the man! When we first met he talked about how the most important... Read More thing on your wedding day is capturing the story of your marriage- cue the tears! I was sold. Anthony worked with us closely leading up to the wedding, make sure he understood exactly what we wanted day of. On the day of the wedding, he captured everything that was going on without me even realizing he and his wife were there! He captured amazing shots of us during our ceremony, our trolley ride, and our reception. The Hitch and Sparrow photo booth during the reception was also a huge hit! Our friends are STILL talking about how much fun they had taking pictures with the props they brought. After the wedding, when we got the proofs, I cried a lot of happy tears. I had no idea a day could be captured so perfectly. I can't say put into words how happy I am that we made the decision to go with Hitch and Sparrow!

Awesome and Personal

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Annika C

I actually know the photographers through friends but it was a no-brainer when it was time to select a photographer. They really do some amazing things with lighting and have a great eye for making really unique shots. It was great having them there on the day since they... Read More weren't intrusive to quiet moments and made sure to go through the requested shots we listed out in the weeks prior. They are super friendly and wonderful if you are looking for quirky, unique and beautiful photography!

Such beautiful photos

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Emily S

I can't get over how stunning our wedding photos are. Anthony and Brad captured such intimate moments that we'll have forever. We got married at the Nature Museum on August 23, and we had horrible weather that day. I had it in my head that we would have our first look photos and... Read More bridal party pictures by the lake and in lincoln park, and was really worried that we wouldn't have good photos because of the rain. I couldn't have been more wrong. Anthony and Brad have such a good eye and are so creative, that our pictures in Hotel Lincoln turned out beautifully. They also took a ridiculous shot of us under an umbrella together that we had no idea they took that looks straight out of a magazine. We had the most gorgeous sunset later on, so we snuck off and took photos outside and have the most incredible photos. Their flexibility that night was so appreciated. Choosing a photographer was one of the hardest parts of the planning process for us, but their style really stood out. We met Anthony at Indie Wed, and my husband was really impressed with the way they custom light every shot. We did our engagement photos with Anthony too, which I highly recommend doing as a way to feel more comfortable with them on the wedding day. They were both so fun to work with on the wedding day, which is so important because you share such intimate moments with them! The groomsmen were asking if they could be part of the bridal party too, they liked them so much. We had a blast with them, and are so pleased with the photos. Thanks guys!!

Couldn't Be Happier!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Mackenzie S

My husband and I worked with Anthony (and his wife) for our wedding. My husband does wedding photography, so choosing a photographer was a big deal and difficult decision for us. After looking through over 100 websites, we decided to hire Anthony. He wasn't cheap for us, but we... Read More made the decision to invest in the venue and photos, since the photos would be the only thing that would stand the test of time after the wedding (besides our marriage, of course!). We totally made the right choice, and couldn't be happier! His use of light is dead on, and the corrections he has to make to his photos in post-editing are minimal since he hits things right the first time. If you have a larger budget for photography, I would highly recommend checking out Hitch & Sparrow!

Anthony Barlich

Hi, I'm Anthony. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. I've always had a deep desire to explore new places and tell stories of where I've been. Since my first road trip as a teenager I've been hooked on sharing experiences with others in new places. It's of no surprise to me that my journey has always been a result of risks, adventure and trust. Let's set-up a call or meeting, have some coffee or drinks and get to know each other. We're so excited you're getting married and we can't wait to see if this is a good fit for the both of us.