CT and New England Wedding Photography

Trash The Dress

40 4th St, Ansonia, CT

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 allissa r

Hubert and Alka are absolutely perfect at their jobs. They made sure to get all the information they would need for the day of well in advance and adapted well to any changes needed. Every picture we asked for we got and their work is stunning! I could not be happier with our... Read More photographer choice!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Paul T

My husband and I have worked with Hubert & Alka on three different occasions now and their work and shooting style is truly the best. The reason we booked them for our wedding day is because we were fortunate enough to see their work for my brother's wedding. However, their... Read More style is so natural and they both have the most wonderful personalities that everyone around them is able to relax and enjoy themselves. They do not miss a thing and capture every moment of the day. Of all the photos they take, a very small percentage of them are "posed" photographs - they allow you to enjoy your day and capture it as is and the results are perfect. We could not be happier with Hubert & Alka and look forward to working with them again the future!

Exceptional photos

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Christine G

Hubert and Alka of HK Photography did such a wonderful job with our wedding photos. They really captured our joy in the day! The were very professional and friendly and put us at ease. All the details of the day were so beautifully photographed from my shoes to the up close... Read More details of my dress. At the church and during the reception they captured all the moments in an unobtrusive manner. Within 2 weeks we our first look at some of our photos and they were truly stunning! We couldn't have been more pleased and highly recommend them!

Unbelievable Talent

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Diana B

When it came around to choosing photographers for our wedding day, the decision was easy. My sister chose HK for her wedding, as did many of our friends so we had tons of sample work we'd already seen and LOVED. Working with Hubert and Alka on our own wedding day was... Read More amazing. They were thorough in understanding what would happen the day of the wedding, what photos we wanted to have, who would be in family photos, the timing of each step in the process, and so much more. They were able to walk into the park the day of the wedding and pick out exactly which areas would make for the best photos, and walk us through exactly what they were trying to capture. Hubert and Alka feel more like family than just wedding photographers. They get to know each couple and understand their personality, which comes through in their work. If you're looking for the most talented photographers who are fun and will make you feel at ease (trust me, this makes a difference in your photos), look into HK Photography. Your photos are all that's left once the wedding is over, make sure they're exactly what you had imagined.

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Lisa J

The best photographers anywhere!!! Hubert and Alka are the two most talented people I know! Their vision is absolutely amazing, the final product is always stunning, and they are an absolute pleasure to work with!! There are not enough great things I can say about them!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Lindsey B

Working with Hubert and Alka was wonderful. You couldn't ask for nicer, more professional people! From our first meeting to saying good bye at the end of wedding night, we couldn't have been happier! We are so excited to get our book and show off our fabulous photos!!! We will... Read More be using them again in the future!

Hubert & Alka captured our day like noone else could have!

Reviewed on 5/11/2013 Laura M

A friend of mine had used HK for her wedding and had loved them and her photos, so when we got engaged they were the first people we called. After our initial meeting with Hubert & Alka my groom and I were sold on having them shoot our wedding. Not only was their work great, but... Read More they were both so friendly and easy to be around. For our engagement session in October they followed us around scenic hometown spots to get some really nice shots of us as our casual selves. It was a great way to get to know them and get comfortable in front of the camera. On the big day, they had a plan for most shots but were flexible if we had ideas along the way, they were friendly when gathering and arranging our families and they were so unobtrusive that our guests don't even remember seeing them during the ceremony or most of the reception. We just got a batch of teaser photos from the wedding and we love every single one! We look really natural in all the pictures, but at the same time we felt and look like super models. Hubert & Alka captured the joy of the day in their photos and we can't wait to look back on the pictures to relive the fun for years to come! I highly recommend them!

Hubert & Alka = the best

Reviewed on 12/06/2012 Leah C

What a spectacular team! Hubert and Alka are totally up to snuff on everything photography related and what wonderful people. Our date was this July, had a perfect day, and they totally delivered. From the moment we met them at local Starbucks, they have been nothing but... Read More friendly, professional, and spot on. Their pictures were AMAZING. There were so many good ones to choose from and we felt very at ease with their whole style. We got so many compliments on our pictures and we will treasure them always. Many photographers have skill, but Hubert & Alka bring something special to the table. A+ for service, product and professionalism. The best!

Excellent and Friendly

Reviewed on 9/10/2012 Caitlin M

So great to work with HK. They are friendly and accommodating and listen to exactly what you would like. They take beautiful photographs and they always add a little flare.

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 stacey r

Hubert and Alka were great to work with! I don't like getting my picture taken, but they made it painless! I haven't seen the wedding pics yet, but I know they will be beautiful!

Wonderful photographers

Reviewed on 8/13/2012 Kara

Hubert and Alka are very friendly and enthusiastic photographers. They do a great job at making you feel comfortable while taking pictures. They work very well together and are creative with their shots that they take. They also work unlimited hours for the day and were able to... Read More get getting ready shots of both me and my husband. Our engagement pictures came out wonderful and I am so excited to see our wedding pictures, because I know from their blog they will be wonderful.

Reviewed on 7/28/2012 Dana G

Hubert and Alka are great. They were very attentive and captured beautiful shots. Highly recommend!

HK Photography

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Alana B

From the first day we met them, Hubert and Alka blew us away with their photos. They were so easy to get along with, and had exactly the same vision as we did. I swear our engagement pictures, and wedding teasers look like they could be in magazines, and they somehow managed to... Read More make even my worst pictures look amazing! Seriously, I recommend them to ANYONE. We did not have one bad experience with them- they were extremely organized and had constant communication, right up to the week of the wedding.

Wonderful people & photographers - Highly Recommen

Reviewed on 3/28/2012 Alana S

We couldn't begin to say enough wonderful things about HK Photography. Prior to meeting them, We would have thought it was odd to think that a vendor/photographer would have such a positive impact on our wedding day, however, Hubert and Alka provide services way beyond their... Read More perfect vision through their lenses. The two of them are the most genuine, kind, and easy to work with people we have ever met, which added an even deeper level of enjoyment to our day. It was clear they came to our special day with a plan; everything they had us do, every pose they had us make, and every venue they had us stop at had a purpose. It was a wonderful and definitive part of their vision and had us excited about the next shot they were going to have us do all day long. Not a single part of the shooting felt like a waste of time or hassle. The still photos, to us, were the most important part of the day, and Hubert and Alka (Hubert with the Girls and Alka with the Guys) made sure that each memory, each act of anticipation, each emotion felt was captured leading up to and during the big day. Then the pictures came - INCREDIBLE. You don't realize how much you miss throughout the day, but the way Hubert and Alka focused on details of the event and venues, while simultaneously capturing the event at large was absolutely breathtaking, and really allow us to relive the event every time we look at our photos. The best part of it all was we have every single candid shot we could have thought of wanting, but don't remember seeing the two of them at all except when they were the last two who left our reception. They are not in any way invasive to the night, but somehow find a way to capture every moment that we would have wanted. Beyond their ability to artistically capture the event so terrifically, they do understand and value the "traditional wedding shots" that are those important keepsakes. We provided them with a "Must have shot list" and they carried it around with them until the last shot was had. Which proves, that although they are true artists, and have a vision for the day and an eye for the unique and artistic shots (along with the classics), they will always make sure that the bride and groom's wishes are taken care of, and that the day remains about the couple. We honestly can never leave them out of the conversation of what we enjoyed most about our wedding, and through our extensive research, know that they offer a service that is well above and beyond the industry norm. Anyone choosing HK Photography has taken the biggest step they can toward a PERFECT Wedding Day.

Wonderful Photographers!

Reviewed on 7/06/2011 Sara D

Hubert and Alka of HK Photography were a pleasure to work with. They kept the mood light throughout the day so that is was like hanging out with friends during portrait time. They were so unobtrusive that most of the day we didn't even notice them. We are still waiting for... Read More our photos, but based on the amazing preview shots (and engagement shots) that we have already seen, we're sure that the rest of the photos will be gorgeous as well. We would highly recommend HK to anyone looking for amazing photos at a reasonable price.

Friendly and Creative

Reviewed on 12/24/2010 Crista D

HK Photography was excellent to work with. We live in North Carolina and were planning our Connecticut wedding and they were so helpful from afar. They were fun to work with and our pictures were amazing. I would highly recommend them! The price couldn't be beat, either.

Wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/07/2010 N S

Hubert and Alka are a pleasure to work with! They made me feel so comfortable both during my engagement shoot and on my wedding day. They are professionals and their work is top notch! And you really cannot beat the price for all that is included! Have already recommended... Read More them to 2 other friends who are using them now as well.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 9/15/2010 Katie S

HK Photography was absolutely great to work with and we have recommended them to a few friends already.

Reviewed on 8/17/2010 Amanda H

Hubert and his fellow photographer Alba were everything I could ask for in photographers. They listened to us and were very reasonable price wise... still waiting to see the final product, however.

TO HK Photography