Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

371 Oak Place, BREA, CA (714) 671-1115

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Kasey M

I wish I could have another wedding just so I could have Anthony as our DJ and MC! Professional, fun and bilingual (which was sooo important for my husbands family). They have online wedding song selection tool that was perfect for me as I work nights and my husband works... Read More days. The mix of music was perfect and he kept them dancing all night and it was awesome. So many of my family and friends were complimenting me on how great Anthony was. The lighting and photo booth were also hits. The night flew by but Anthony always found us when it was time for the next event (huge help!) They were affordable and kept the party going the entire night. We were originally referred to a different DJ who was already booked on our wedding but thank God because we loved Anthony so much. I give Anthony and the entire Honored Occasions crew 5 Stars!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Eric L

Ryan was the BEST Dj I have ever worked with or seen. Through the time we booked them till the wedding Ryan wasn't on top of it. He constantly kept on track meeting with us to make sure our special day was perfect. He played everything we requested and gave amazing suggestions.... Read More He was upbeat and eager to help in whatever way. He never tries to run the show. On the wedding day, he was repspectful of our time and made our day amazing. Beyond his MC skills Ryan also came and joined us for a few dances which really got the guests pumped. Ryan did such a good job keeping the attention on us and making us feel so special. I never would have thought a DJ could make such a big impact but if you really want your day to go perfect. Book Ryan through Honored Occasions.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Rebecca B

Ryan at Honored Occasions was the DJ for my wedding in March 2017, and he did a fantastic job! He met with us a couple times before the wedding and made sure that all of the music choices represented us. He also wrote down the phonetics for each name he would announce as MC,... Read More which is a small detail but so important! Also, Honored Occasions has an online music database which makes it really easy communicate music choices. The DJ truly sets the tone for the entire reception, and Ryan was excellent! He created a fun, classy, energetic atmosphere and dance floor, and we had a wonderful time! If you are looking for a DJ, I would strongly recommend Ryan at Honored Occasions!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Elsie F

So many wonderful things to say about Honored Occassions, where do I start?! My husband and I chose to have an outdoor wedding reception at The Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica and needed to outsource lighting and A/V. We were put in touch with Steve Shanahan from our... Read More photographer and immediately we knew we were in the best of hands and decided to work with him. And I am SO glad we did! As the wedding planner of our wedding, working with Steve was an absolute pleasure. His quick response times, professionalism, and vast experience in wedding services helped us in planning a beautiful outdoor reception. When we were all done with planning lighting and A/V we decided that we wanted to hire a professional emcee and naturally turned to Steve for our entertainment needs - and although it seemed to be a no brainer at the time, because he would be there setting up lighting and A/V at our wedding - the decision to have him as our entertainment guru turned out to be the best decision we made in the planning process. And let me tell you why... It never rains in May in Santa Monica... so we thought. But the week leading up to our wedding there was rain of course in the forecast. Steve and I were on the phone every other day playing through scenarios and even up until the day of our wedding Steve was available for advice. The morning of the wedding, there was still rain in the forecast and Steve showed up to our venue with two plans in place for an outdoor reception and another plan for an indoor reception. Luckily the forecast cleared and we got to have the outdoor reception that we dreamed of. That is until the forecast turned into a crazy windstorm and our guests were freezing cold!!! Within 25 minutes, Honored Occassions helped facilitate along with the banquets staff at the Fairmont an indoor dance party, which was the absolute best part of our night. Ryan was our DJ and he played a huge part in making this all happen for us. We have received endless compliments from our guests about how beautiful and fun our wedding night was and I truly owe it all to Steve, Ryan and Honored Occassions for making our night go on without a hitch. If you're looking to have an amazing wedding, including Steve, Ryan and Honored Occasions in your big day is smarter than buying wedding insurance, it is assurance that your day will be the best day ever!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Samantha F

Steve was an amazing DJ and we would absolutely hire him again. My husband and I had a morning brunch wedding and I was so nervous that people would be less likely to dance in the morning compared to at night. That was absolutely not the case since Steve got EVERYONE on the... Read More dance floor. So many wedding guests complemented me on how great our DJ was. He played a lot of great music, paid attention to our preferences and requests, and brought a lot of fun to our reception.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Bernadette M

We worked with Steve from Honored Occasions for our wedding in March. We were planning our wedding from Northern California and he was extremely easy to work with. During our initial meeting he really listened to our random requests, and was very communicative and flexible... Read More with changes that were made prior to the day. Steve was one of the best DJ's we've heard at any wedding we've been to. EVERYONE was on the dance floor! It was so nice to see everyone having a good time and we know that he had brought the energy to our group. We would recommend him to anyone planning an event!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Karen G

You can't go wrong with Steve. We have hired him for corporate parties and now my daughter's wedding. He gets everyone engaged, laughing and dancing. A true professional.

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Christina L

Steve is the best! Had everyone on the dance floor and made our wedding even better than I imagined!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Amy P

Steve was phenomenal! He really made the wedding a party! He was professional throughout the entire process and easy to work with. We also used the photo booth from Honored Ocassions which was a huge hit.

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Roxanne H

Thanks to Steve our daughter's wedding reception turned out wonderful. Everyone was dancing!!! Our guests kept telling us how much fun they were having and it was one of the best weddings they had been to. Steve's expertise and experience made everything seamless and stress... Read More free. Thank you again…you were great!!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Amanda M

Honored Occasions was a complete joy to work with leading up to our wedding and the day of. Being an out of state bride, they were willing to Skype to meet with me several times leading up to the event. When I visited prior to the wedding , I visited their location to discuss... Read More music choices and Ryan was fantastic! It was actually a fun experience choosing our music with him. We also used their lighting package and it made an incredible difference in our reception space. (highly recommend) If you are looking for an extremely professional and personable DJ , Honored Occasions is definitely the way to go!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Robert S

Ryan was our DJ and we couldn't be happier! From our first meeting, I knew that he was our guy! He was incredibly professional, friendly, and totally accommodating. The planning process was totally stress free and they were very flexible. He made sure to check on us on... Read More occasion throughout the night to make sure we were taken care of. He was a great MC and DJ! I had attended two wedding prior to ours and at each one, I thought to myself, "Our DJ/MC is MUCH better." We highly recommend Honored Occasions for all your DJ and MC needs!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Diana H

Honored Occasions provided several services for my daughter's wedding, including lighting, photo booth, and DJ/ music. Steve and Bree delivered professionalism, ambience, class and FUN, ensuring that the desired "vibe" and "flow" met and exceeded our expectations. Our guests had... Read More a fantastic time, the dance floor was filled all night, the special moments were highlighted beautifully, and there was never a lull in the festivities. The conversations with the bride and groom beforehand provided an opportunity to communicate their vision, and Honored Occasions honored their requests and delivered perfectly. Steve's suggestions reflected experience and creativity, creating an overall exceptional experience for all.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Sandy W

Steve was the DJ for our wedding, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He’s always responsive throughout the planning process and he gave us so many great suggestions in picking songs. His music choices during the reception were also fantastic. Everyone had a great... Read More time at the wedding. Our friends actually danced non-stop throughout the night and the dance floor was constantly full! Honored Occasions also provided lighting and photobooth for us, and everything went smoothly. We’re really glad we had Steve at our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Tracy Y

We are so happy to have hired Honored Occasions to be our DJ/Emcee and lighting for our wedding. Steve, our DJ, made the night run smoothly and kept the energy up. During all the planning leading up to the big day, Steve was very helpful in picking songs, responded promptly,... Read More provided amazing input, and made us feel at ease. He worked very well with our wedding planner to ensure everything ran flawlessly and was able to read the crowd as the night went on. We couldn't be any happier with our choice in hiring Honored Occasions. Thank you Steve!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Liz C

Steve is absolutely amazing! My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect DJ for our wedding or for better reception lighting. Steve was incredibly professional and outgoing from the moment we first met him, so we knew he would be the perfect fit for our big day.... Read More Steve played the perfect blend of music for the dinner hour and transitioned smoothly into our dancing celebration. I received so many compliments from guests about our music selection and how the variety brought together both our older and younger guests. I wish we could take credit for it, but it was 100% because of Steve's expertise. We also really appreciated Steve's personal calls and felt like we were all on the same page from square one, which made planning so much less stressful. Steve was so personable and the wedding would not have been the same without him as our DJ. I cannot say thank you enough to Steve for making our wedding celebration so perfect!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016

This is one of the easiest reviews I’ve ever written (if you want to skip the details, just go ahead and hire Ryan Moore from Honored Occasions, he’s fantastic). We live in Texas, have never been married before, and we needed a DJ to perform our wedding in Laguna Beach. With... Read More everything else going on, the last thing we wanted to be nervous about was the music. We hired Ryan and he took care of everything we asked of him. I was very specific on what music we wanted—and didn’t want—and he was loyal to our requests. Even when some of our guests begged and pleaded to play songs we hate, Ryan was the most diplomatic DJ I’ve ever encountered, denying their requests in a way that made them smile (which made us smile). On top of arranging, mixing, and providing the music, Ryan was also there to guide us through the evening (again, it was our first time and in the moment it can be easy to forget what’s coming next). Ryan made everything smooth. We could relax knowing he would take care of everything in a way that exceeded our expectations. We could enjoy the happiest day of our lives because we made the decision to hire a true professional. I am a picky, stubborn perfectionist who is very difficult to please. Ryan never disappointed, he gave us a perfect night and made it seem effortless. Do yourself a favor. Stop looking for a DJ. Hire Ryan. Thank me later.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Melanie A

Steve and his team are great! This is the second wedding he has done for our family, first my sister's and now mine! He's like part of the family. The team is very professional and they deliver a great amount of energy to keep the party involved and engaged!!! It's a fun great... Read More time all around. Steve and his team do a great job with lighting as well. It made our reception hall magical with all the beautiful lights and color scheme!

Reviewed on 4/24/2016

Steve was amazing to work with throughout the entire process. He used our song selections to create a playlist for the evening that was uniquely us and exactly what we wanted for our wedding night! The dance floor did not stop once it got going!! And as a bonus - he did... Read More beautiful lighting for the dance floor and provided a photo booth which our guests thoroughly enjoyed!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Kaylee B

Steve is amazing!!! Five star service all the way!!! It was an absolute pleasure working with Honored Occasions. We clicked right away and the music played at our reception was spot on. I highly recommend them to anyone in need of a DJ. Our wedding day would not have been... Read More the success it was withou them!!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Tatiana B

We had Ryan as our Dj and could not be any happier! He was amazing and his energy just brought people to the dance floor and our guests enjoyed themselves all night. He coordinated our event from beginning to end and I as the bride did not have to worry about anything, I felt... Read More like a guest at my own wedding and that is great! I got to enjoy my special day :). Thank you Ryan and Honored Ocassions!

Fantastic DJ and really fun photo booth

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Liza S

We worked with Steve for our wedding and he is the best! He has such a fantastic attitude and is so fun and easy to work with. People were dancing all night long and everyone had a blast! We also got a photo booth through Honored Occasions and everyone LOVED taking pictures all... Read More night long. It was such a fun idea for the wedding and I'm so glad we ending up getting the photo booth!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Erin L

Steve is the best. He took all of our requests to heart and seemed almost as excited as we were for our wedding. I had a couple of groomsmen surprise us by playing a few songs at the end of the night and Steve was awesome at helping to facilitate.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

We found honored occasions through our wedding vendor and it was the best decision we made! Steve was our dj and our special day went off without a hitch. He met with us a few times before our wedding to make sure everything was perfect and responded quickly to my countless... Read More emails. Also they provided our photo booth which was a huge hit and the attendant was so helpful she even helped carry my dress! I highly recommend Steve if you are looking for a great dj to help make your day unforgettable.

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Sara S

Ryan and Steve were great DJs. Thumbs up. My husband had a list of about 50 songs he really wanted played throughout the cocktail hour and reception. They mixed those in so well and put a huge smile on his face when his off-the-wall requests were played. Steve was so helpful... Read More during the reception past being just a DJ--by wiping stray icing off my arm to going to see what a certain type of food from the buffet was called. My dad and I did a "fun" dance and it went off without a hitch--thanks to Steve! Ryan was great too--it was so fun looking over and seeing him dancing and having almost as much fun as we were on the dance floor! He read the dance floor really well--playing Spice Girls to NSYNC to Backstreet Boys with 20something girls singing and dancing to all the songs at the top of our lungs. They also brought uplighting that matched our colors perfectly and looked great! Definitely recommended.