Horizon & The Horns

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Greater Boston area & the New England (978) 317-1331

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Leeann B

Do yourself and all of your wedding guests a favor: Stop looking at other options and book Horizon & The Horns right now! 3 months after our wedding, our family and friends are still raving about how awesome these guys were. Kelly & Ray provided the music for our ceremony, and... Read More were excellent. The full band played our first dance live, which was absolutely fantastic. And once the party got started, they kept our guests dancing the entire night! We barely had time to say hi to everyone because the dance floor was so packed! We couldn't have been any happier on the night, and Kelly was a complete pleasure to work with from start to finish. We completely and enthusiastically recommend Horizon & The Horns!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Rachelle G

We ended up going with them after going to a family wedding that they played. Seriously, they can read a crowd! People were dancing before the salads. They slayed our first dance and parents dances, and we're super easy to work with. Our event coordinator couldn't say enough... Read More about them.

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Ashley V

Horizons & The Horns was the perfect band for our recent wedding in Newport. We heard them play at our Maid of Honor's wedding 2 years ago and knew that we needed to secure them for our own wedding. The whole group is so fun and knows how to get the crowd out of their seats... Read More and dancing. They easily accommodated our song list and we let them kind of run with it from there. Pretty sure our bridesmaids got a hold of tambourines and joined the band for a couple songs. We also had the Kelly and Ray play for the ceremony. Can't wait to relive their performance in our video! On the plus side, they were very reasonable compared to our bands that we talked to (especially in the Newport, RI area). Would HIGHLY recommend using this band. They made our wedding day perfect and all our guests loved them. The saddest part was when they were done!

2016-10-08T10:02:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it! It was a pleasure to play your wedding, it really was a perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

When it came time to choose a wedding band, my fiance and I listened to many bands. We chose Horizon and the Horns and it was a great decision. Our guests are still commenting about what a great band we had at our wedding. Horizon and the Horns sound great and they play a... Read More variety of music for all musical tastes. Ray Novack kept our guests dancing all night. He is also professional and pleasant to deal with. He made it known that it was “our” day and he would do whatever we requested. Ray had the band learn some Spanish songs for my family. He also accommodated my fiance, David, by researching and playing a special song for David’s mom. You don’t get that personal touch with other wedding vendors. I highly recommend Horizon and the Horns. They are an amazing band and they are a big part of my wonderful, wedding-day memories.

2016-01-13T09:50:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved learning those special songs for you and your family. It really did make the day truly yours. We will you and David a very happy life together!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

My wife and I have had the great luck to hire Horizon and the Horns for two of our children's weddings and a 90th birthday party for my wife's aunt. People came from all over the country to these events and never failed to say how much the band added to these celebrations. My... Read More wife's aunt was out on the dance floor at 90!! She thanked us and said, "The band made the party." Horizon stays contemporary and offers a flexibility in terms of song selection few bands can match. They play with joy and are happy to add to events in any way they can, but mostly they love to get people out of their seats and on the dance floor. Always look for chances to catch Horizon when playing clubs and other public venues, but the best is having Horizon play family events. Bob and Cindy Dunn

2016-01-13T09:51:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Bob & Cindy for the great message! We hope 2016 is getting off to a good start for you and your family. Hope to see you soon!

Hire them now!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Ash C

If you are looking to have the wedding that everyone talks about then go ahead and hire Horizon and the Horns! First off they couldn't have been easier to coordinate with. They had everything set up for the ceremony and cocktail hour which sounded great and everyone was pleased... Read More to hear the bride and groom not just the justice of the peace. Then as a band, they played every single song we wished for. They had everyone on their feet the entire night. They came out to the floor which was so fun for the younger crowd. My guests have not stopped talking about it almost 2 years later. My best friend is getting married in April, her parents were at my wedding and wanted Horizon and the Horns, so lucky me I get to be a guest and enjoy them again. Cannot say enough great things! You will not be disappointed!

2015-11-19T08:31:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks Ashley and Ben! We were honored to play at your wedding. See you again this summer!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

My wife and I hired Horizon & The Horns for our wedding reception and they were absolutely fantastic!! They took the time to meet with us prior to the party and go over details, the were flexible on what was provided and worked within our budget. Then when it came time to party... Read More they delivered with an exceptional ability to work the crowd and get people out on the dance floor. They knew when to turn it up and when to slow it down to keep everyone happy.

2016-01-13T09:53:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your message, we're so glad you were pleased with your decision to hire Horizon & The Horns for your big day! We wish you well in coming year and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

2016-10-08T10:03:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 jo B

Horizon and the Horns are a fantastic group for any kind of party, especially a wedding! They are well-versed in the latest music along with the old classics, keep a party really moving and bring so much energy to any event at which they perform! I highly recommend this... Read More spirited group!

2015-10-26T11:38:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, we're so glad we could be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kelly M

The Horizon and the Horn were AMAZING! They had everything we were looking for -- male and female vocals, a wide variety of songs/genres, brass instruments, willing to learn new songs, reasonably priced, etc! Ray is very quick to respond to emails. They are super organized and... Read More were so helpful in making our wedding day perfect. I highly recommend them!

2015-10-26T11:42:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed the band and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Horizon & The Horns has played at two family weddings. We knew from the start that they would do a wonderful job, and they did! The wide variety of music accommodates all ages. Special requests are no problem. Their charisma and high energy is contagious. Both receptions were... Read More most memorable because of the wonderful job that the band did. Ray Novack is a wonderful MC and the quality of the music is outstanding. We highly recommend them for any occasion and think that they are a great band for any occasion.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We can’t say enough good things about these musicians! True professionals! Every time we hear them we leave with the biggest smiles on our faces. Kelly’s confidence and charisma makes her a perfect lead singer for Horizon & the Horns. They always play the top, trending hits,... Read More as well as our old favorites which bring back the high school memories! A tremendous collection of sensational talent makes you want to jump up and dance all night long! Five stars from us! Chris & Larissa L

2016-10-08T10:04:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your note! We really appreciate it and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Melissa D

On a scale of 1-10, we give them a 20! From the moment our guests started to arrive, to our first dance, to the last song of the evening, they had the perfect music for every moment. Plus they do an awesome job interacting with everyone. 2 weeks later our guests are still... Read More raving! If you're looking for the perfect band with a vast selection, look no further, horizon is the band for you.

2016-10-08T10:05:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you Melissa & Dan, it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

We hired Horizon for our wedding a few years back, and still get compliments on the entertainment value of our wedding. The band kicks butt, and was really flexible with our event. They are a finely-tuned entertainment machine, having the ability to play a huge variety of... Read More music for all tastes and situations. We're happy we decided to pass on a DJ and put a few extra bucks into a live band. It was worth it.

2016-10-08T10:06:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for leaving us this note, it means a lot!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Susan T

Words cannot express how absolutely grateful we feel to have had the privilege to have Horizon and the Horns as the band at our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding. They are the most FANTASTIC people, and the most amazing musicians and singers. I have never had such a fabulous... Read More time at a wedding in my life (and we have been to some great weddings), and the fact that it was our daughter’s wedding and we were able to really celebrate with all of our family and friends and dance the entire night made it even more wonderful. We had people to our house the next day for brunch, and have received several phone calls with the same comments: “Where did you ever find that band, they were amazing…Never have we been to such a fun wedding…The band was incredible, they played such a variety of music and the singers were amazing!” So many people told us that they thought the band had as much fun as all of the guests and that the band's enthusiasm and charisma really made the night fabulous. Our goal for the wedding reception was to have a fun party with all the people we love. Not only did they make this happen, they exceeded our hopes and truly made this a night we will never forget.

2016-10-08T10:07:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your message! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Brenda M

My Husband and I hired the Horizon and the Horns (7 piece band) to play at our son’s wedding at the PEM in Salem, MA, we were not disappointed!!! While speaking with friends and neighbors about our upcoming son’s wedding, we received four unsolicited OUTSTANDING comments... Read More about the Horizon and the Horns band. We were so glad we followed their recommendation. Everyone was dancing even my daughter-in-law’s conservative relatives from Japan, that had never experienced an American style wedding! We are still getting comments about the band from our friends and relatives that were at our Son’s wedding today. An extra bonus was Ray the band leader, he was terrific to work with prior to the event. I would HIGHLY recommend the Horizon and the Horns band, you will not be disappointed.

2016-10-08T10:08:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your note, we loved playing at the PEM, what a beautiful venue! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Terri H

When it came time to choose the music for my son and daughter-in-law's local "After the California Wedding" celebration, I knew for sure that I wanted Ray and Horizon, because I was familiar with them from other events. I made all other arrangements around making sure that would... Read More happen, and it was the best decision I made. Because of the nature of the party, we chose a smaller ensemble. Simply stated, the band "made" the party. Everything about the experience was top notch, from planning to fulfilling special requests (in our case, a special classical choral piece!), but the best part is how they had EVERYONE up on the floor dancing - literally, from 1 year old to 97 years old - I have pictures to prove it! No one wanted the fun to stop! I would recommend them without hesitation!

2016-10-08T10:09:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, we're so glad you enjoyed your day with Horizon & The Horns!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Katrina

Horizon & the Horns played at our wedding at the Essex Room in October 2013. Prior to selecting them for our wedding, I had the opportunity to attend 2 other weddings where they played and they were phenomenal. Everyone was always on the dance floor! There was no doubt in my... Read More mind I wanted Horizon & the Horns at my wedding as well. Ray was fantastic to work with. From the very beginning he was very accommodating, making sure he knew what we wanted at our wedding for music and what we didn't want. I also wanted to sing a short song for my husband, and Ray was willing to run with my idea. Since I lived far away he worked with me over the phone to figure out the correct key for the song, and everything went very smoothly the day of the wedding. To this day I still have friends and family tell me that our wedding was one of the best they have every been to, and I know that Horizon & the Horns was the main reason for that. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

Horizon and the Horns (the entire ensemble) played at our wedding reception at Colonial Hall, Salem MA, in July of 2014. We checked our desired wedding date with the band before we had chosen a venue, or any vendors, because we had heard them before and we KNEW we had to have... Read More them! Since our wedding reception was more of an unstructured party with a buffet dinner and no seating arrangements, Ray worked with us to choose the music—we very specifically wanted up-tempo Soul and Motown, without the typical wedding dances (Chicken Dance, Daddy’s Little Girl, etc). We were not doing the usual dances with the wedding party, no garter, no cutting of the cake, etc. Ray listened to us, and really delivered—our guests LOVED the music, and danced throughout our entire party, which is exactly what we wanted! Ray also let us choose the programmed ‘break’ music (when the band took their break) and he was extremely accommodating and agreeable throughout the whole planning process. At the event, every member of the band was a real pro! It is to their credit that many of our friends stayed until the very end, and only stopped dancing when the party was over. So many of our friends—even now, a year later!—ask us who the fantastic band was. Horizon and the Horns was an integral part of the success of our night! Thank you, Ray!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

Horizon & the Horns has been playing our music dept. community dance for several years. I can’t say enough good things about them. The band really sets a great tone for this event, getting people up on the dance floor and having fun. Ray, Kelly, and the rest of the band showcase... Read More what it means to be talented and professional—they can play virtually any new tune you request along with all of your old favorites. Most importantly, they know how to cater to the needs of their audience, and their energy and enthusiasm is contagious. I am 100% certain that Horizon & the Horns will be one of the best decisions you make for your event or wedding.

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Pat D

Horizon and the Horns played my son's wedding. This band really knows how to get the party started and keep it going! He gets the guests involved in the celebration. Ray does an excellent job with introductions and announcements. We also hired him to provide music for the... Read More cocktail hour. He is a talented keyboardist and can play requests readily. The band is also very willing and able to accommodate song requests. If they didn't already play it they learned it for us! While they can play standards from decades past, their repertoire includes many current tunes that the young crowd will be wanting. My son and his wife found him very easy to work with and experienced excellent communication through out the planning. The musicians are excellent. There are a variety of ensembles to choose from if you don't want the full band. We loved having the full band with the horns.

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Nicole R

I wrote the following thank you email to Horizon immediately after our wedding... Dear Ray: That you very much for all you did for making our wedding so special. Horizon And The Horns were incredible. We have heard non-stop rave reviews from our guests since we left... Read More Vermont. Not only did you sound amazing, but your set list was perfect and had our friends on the dance floor before dinner. We have never been to wedding where that happened and we loved it! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We hope you had as much fun as we did. With Love: Niki and Justin Though our wedding was awhile ago, with a little distance from the event, I am even MORE glad we chose Horizon and grateful they were willing to play for our big day. Anyone who flips through our wedding photos can tell how much fun our guests were having on the dance floor and I still remember how much my feet hurt after dancing for hours! The only thing better than the music itself was how wonderful it was to work with Ray, who couldn't have done more to go above and beyond to make the event truly perfect. You can't go wrong with Horizon & The Horns - we give them our highest recommendation for ANY event!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Joanna B

Dear Horizon and the Horns, My husband and I can't thank you all enough for playing our wedding. Having the band there made the whole event extra special and I am still being told how awesome you all were! Everyone got up and danced, including my 96 year old grandmother!... Read More I still tear up when I think about our first dance and how you incorporated my brother in law and our good friend to sing and play with you. All the planning and song picking was effortless and stress-free. We loved the props and guest interaction that went on with some of the songs and especially how you learned our father daughter and mother son songs so that we did not dance to a recording. We would highly recommend you for any event and we wish we could go back and dance the night away again! Thank you for being so fantastic! Joanna & Keith Seeber August 30th, 2014

2015-11-02T09:13:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Joanna & Keith! Your venue was lovely and it was such a beautiful event. We are so glad you chose to have us as part of your special day!

Review for Horizon Orchestra

Reviewed on 11/23/2008 Sara M

Horizon Orchestra was everything we could ask for in a band. They played music that everyone from my 17 year old cousins to my 80 year old grandparents liked. They had tons of energy and are the best wedding band I've ever heard.