North Shore wedding band that plays it all

One of the region's most versatile bands -- featuring two dynamic vocalists and a powerful 3-man horn section -- Horizon & the Horns covers every genre, every decade, and keeps dance floor packed. Contact us today with your date and reception venue for a custom quote!

Instruments

Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trumpet, Vocals

Dance, Folk, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Greater Boston area & New England (978) 430-2122

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Ashley V

Horizons & The Horns was the perfect band for our recent wedding in Newport. We heard them play at our Maid of Honor's wedding 2 years ago and knew that we needed to secure them for our own wedding. The whole group is so fun and knows how to get the crowd out of their seats... Read More and dancing. They easily accommodated our song list and we let them kind of run with it from there. Pretty sure our bridesmaids got a hold of tambourines and joined the band for a couple songs. We also had the Kelly and Ray play for the ceremony. Can't wait to relive their performance in our video! On the plus side, they were very reasonable compared to our bands that we talked to (especially in the Newport, RI area). Would HIGHLY recommend using this band. They made our wedding day perfect and all our guests loved them. The saddest part was when they were done!

2016-10-08T10:02:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it! It was a pleasure to play your wedding, it really was a perfect day!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Patricia B

Words can not adequately describe how spectacular and special Horizon and the Horns made our night. They nailed everything, from the music requests for the ceremony to ending the night on "Shout". They were perfect. So many people have asked us for the band name. They had... Read More everyone dancing all night, including the staff at the venue. Ray is extremely kind and easy to work with. I can honestly say that our wedding would not have been nearly as fun without them.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Meagan L

Thank you to Horizon and the Horns for playing my wedding! According to everyone at my wedding it was the wedding of the year and "the best one I have ever been to!" from most of the guests. I believe this complement really goes to the band for playing some great music and... Read More keeping the crowd rowdy on the dance floor! If you are looking for a band who will keep your guests entertained and on their feet all night definitely book Horizon & The Horns!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Katie E

We could not be happier with how absolutely AMAZING Horizon and the Horns was!! Kelly was so great and reassuring during our conversations leading up to the big day. Ray learned a new song like a week before the wedding to play at my ceremony!! I gave them very little to work... Read More from and they absolutely nailed it! The music selection was amazing, they were able to keep everyone up and on the dance floor all night!!! Even people who don't usually dance!! Their energy was amazing!! We wish we could do it all over again!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017

It was a no-brainer to hire Ray and the band for our daughter's wedding.. Reasonably priced Incredible variety Exceptionally talented group Top that off with them playing every song on the bride and groom's playlist (plus a few very special requests) and how easily they kept the... Read More guests involved and thrilled with the reception. We had a blast!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Tracy S

Horizon & The Horns had our entire wedding dancing all night long!!! Over 300 people up and dancing the night away!!! Awesome time had by all that attended!!! Thank you❤️

Reviewed on 9/01/2017

Horizon & The Horns is one of the best bands I've heard. They keep current with music and are always connected with the audience and musical tempo of 'the moment'. We recently hired them for a private event and we're delighted with the results - everyone had a great time, in... Read More large part attributed to the music and band members. I've heard them play at a few weddings as well, with similar results. Each band member is fully engaged and works hard to make any event a memorable one. You can't go wrong with this band. Thanks, Ray, and the entire group. Looking forward to more exciting events.

2017-09-01T13:54:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate it! We're so glad you enjoy our music and hope to see you at an event soon!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Molly F

I could go on forever about how grateful I am that we had Horizon & the Horns play our wedding on 8/11/17. Being a local bride, friends and family immediately knew to expect an amazing time when they heard Horizon would be playing our wedding, but it was so fun to see how blown... Read More away our out of town guests were by Horizon's talents. They really kept the party going all night long! Kelly and Ray and company are amazing and the time they took to help make several moments of our wedding into once in a lifetime moments will never be forgotten. Our wedding ended on a beach dance floor and the Horizon sang our last song next to us on the dance floor on acoustic guitar. I am still in awe of the extra mile they took to make our wedding amazing. I feel so honored they were apart of our special day.

2017-09-01T13:57:25 Response from the vendor

Molly & Mike, we were so honored you chose us to play your wedding and are so glad everything was as you'd wished for your big day! The last dance on the beach was such a wonderful way to end the day, we are so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 John P

Horizon was incredible at our wedding. They were pros, through and through, and, most importantly, they kept the dance floor PACKED all night long. To this day, friends and family remark about what a blast they had at our reception, and it always comes back to the music.... Read More Seriously, I could not recommend you guys any more highly (and I do receommend you, all the time). If you're looking for the perfect band to make your reception unforgettable, this is the one.

2017-08-22T14:48:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, we really appreciate it! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017

We have had the pleasure of attending several events with this band. This band's array of music is just amazing and their talent is outstanding. They really seem to understand their audience and adapt accordingly. One thing we have seen each time they were playing is the... Read More number of people on the dance floor. Horizon & The Horns have a great way of getting people up and dancing. Each of the musicians is very talented but I need to mention the lead singer, Kelly. She has an amazing voice and an even better stage presence. We would highly recommend this band!!!!

2017-08-22T14:59:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the message. We are so glad you've been able to attend several events, and keep coming back! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 jerry and ann d

We were at an Endicott College Jazz and Blues concert given by Horizon & The Horns. What a nite -they were great. Just a terrific nite we really enjoyed it and I am not a big Jazz guy.They make Jazz great again.

2017-08-22T14:59:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks, it was a lovely evening, glad you could make it!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Mike G

Horizon & The Horns are the best! We were beyond satisfied with their performance at our wedding. They were VERY professional; took the time to ensure that they were prepared to play everything we wanted them to play; were reasonably priced; and most importantly, kept everyone... Read More dancing and having fun all night long. We were also very pleased with the emceeing -- an A+, full-service experience from beginning to end. I would not hesitate to recommend Horizon & The Horns to anyone looking for an outstanding live music experience for their wedding.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017

In an ever changing world if there is one thing that has remained consistent it is the enjoyable sound of Horizon& The Horns. Their instrumentation, singing, and overall presentation is what separates them from the rest. We have booked Horizon & The Horns many times through the... Read More years for company outings, birthday parties, and weddings. Thank you for being a part of some of the most important occasions in our lives.

2017-08-22T15:02:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for having us! We are happy to be a staple in the area and love playing all types of events that bring people closer together for celebrations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017

Have had the pleasure of attending several events with Horizon & The Horns. I find they understand their audience very well and focus on the appropriate music. In addition, their array of songs is amazing. One common element I find each time is they get people up and... Read More dancing. People seem to really enjoy the "show" and enjoy themselves. Each band member is especially good at what they do. The lead singer has an amazing voice and an outstanding stage presence.

2017-09-01T13:58:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate it! We hope to see you at an event soon!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Liza C

“Your band was amazing!” is one of the most frequent comments I have heard from friends and family since our wedding on July 1, 2017. And I have to agree – we were thrilled with Horizon & the Horns! We went with the full 7-piece band and they were all awesome! Amazing variety of... Read More music (check out a sampling from their song list on their website - http://www.horizonandthehorns.com/song-list.html), they can do all the classics, current pop music, swing, jazz, rock. Since the wedding, two separate friends who are planning their own weddings in different states have said they are now considering a band instead of a DJ – if they can find someone like Horizon! With a little notice, they will also learn songs – our first dance was a slowed down version of Katy Perry’s Firework (sentimental reasons ha) and they were able to do that arrangement no problem. The dance floor was packed all night and the band also appears to be having a great time with you! Beyond the music, working with Ray Novack is the best! He’s very responsive and clearly knows what he’s doing when it comes to weddings – he thinks of every detail, including many that I would have missed myself! The day-of his daughter Kelly, vocalist and more, does an awesome job of “MC-ing” the reception – every name pronounced perfectly and aware of everything going on. I realized mid-way through the dance party that I wanted a photo on the dance floor of all my college friends (husband and I are college sweethearts) – I went up to Ray, while he was on keyboard, and asked if he could work that in. He got the message to Kelly, she announced the photo, the group gathered and then we were back to dancing – it was all so seamless! Awesome music, awesome energy – thank you Horizon & the Horns! Update: A friend at the wedding just booked Horizon & the Horns for her own wedding!

2017-09-01T14:01:18 Response from the vendor

Liza & Doug, thank you for the kind review! We had a blast at your wedding, what a fun crowd! We're excited to see you again next summer at your friends wedding!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Alena Z

I am SO glad we had Horizon and the Horns at our wedding. They were incredible! We had the jazz trio play for cocktail hour and the 7-piece band for our reception. Throughout the planning process, Kelly was great to work with. She was extremely responsive and very accommodating... Read More to our requests. I was a little nervous because I hadn't seen Horizon perform and the dance floor and music was very important to us, and we were SO happy with our band choice. They played all great music and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. They did a great job playing new and old music so all guests were up and dancing, and they had fun props and came out onto the dance floor to get everyone engaged.

2017-09-01T14:02:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words, we are so glad you chose us for your wedding! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Virginia C

I have heard Horizon and the Horns play for many events over the years in the Beverly area. Ray was also the band director at our high school and both our children were in the band. We were thrilled to have his band play at our daughter's wedding in Salem. Of the many... Read More compliments we have had about the wedding , overwhelming people loved the band. The dance floor was always moving and Kelly (his daughter) is an unbelievable lead singer and MC. They are reasonable priced and I would highly recommend this band.

2017-09-01T14:03:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, we really appreciate it!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Leeann B

Do yourself and all of your wedding guests a favor: Stop looking at other options and book Horizon & The Horns right now! 3 months after our wedding, our family and friends are still raving about how awesome these guys were. Kelly & Ray provided the music for our ceremony, and... Read More were excellent. The full band played our first dance live, which was absolutely fantastic. And once the party got started, they kept our guests dancing the entire night! We barely had time to say hi to everyone because the dance floor was so packed! We couldn't have been any happier on the night, and Kelly was a complete pleasure to work with from start to finish. We completely and enthusiastically recommend Horizon & The Horns!

2017-09-01T14:04:33 Response from the vendor

What a lovely message, thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed working with us and hope to see you again soon. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Rachelle G

We ended up going with them after going to a family wedding that they played. Seriously, they can read a crowd! People were dancing before the salads. They slayed our first dance and parents dances, and we're super easy to work with. Our event coordinator couldn't say enough... Read More about them.

2017-09-01T14:07:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the message, we are so thrilled you enjoyed our renditions of your special request dances! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

When it came time to choose a wedding band, my fiance and I listened to many bands. We chose Horizon and the Horns and it was a great decision. Our guests are still commenting about what a great band we had at our wedding. Horizon and the Horns sound great and they play a... Read More variety of music for all musical tastes. Ray Novack kept our guests dancing all night. He is also professional and pleasant to deal with. He made it known that it was “our” day and he would do whatever we requested. Ray had the band learn some Spanish songs for my family. He also accommodated my fiance, David, by researching and playing a special song for David’s mom. You don’t get that personal touch with other wedding vendors. I highly recommend Horizon and the Horns. They are an amazing band and they are a big part of my wonderful, wedding-day memories.

2016-01-13T09:50:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved learning those special songs for you and your family. It really did make the day truly yours. We will you and David a very happy life together!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

My wife and I have had the great luck to hire Horizon and the Horns for two of our children's weddings and a 90th birthday party for my wife's aunt. People came from all over the country to these events and never failed to say how much the band added to these celebrations. My... Read More wife's aunt was out on the dance floor at 90!! She thanked us and said, "The band made the party." Horizon stays contemporary and offers a flexibility in terms of song selection few bands can match. They play with joy and are happy to add to events in any way they can, but mostly they love to get people out of their seats and on the dance floor. Always look for chances to catch Horizon when playing clubs and other public venues, but the best is having Horizon play family events. Bob and Cindy Dunn

2016-01-13T09:51:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Bob & Cindy for the great message! We hope 2016 is getting off to a good start for you and your family. Hope to see you soon!

Hire them now!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Ash C

If you are looking to have the wedding that everyone talks about then go ahead and hire Horizon and the Horns! First off they couldn't have been easier to coordinate with. They had everything set up for the ceremony and cocktail hour which sounded great and everyone was pleased... Read More to hear the bride and groom not just the justice of the peace. Then as a band, they played every single song we wished for. They had everyone on their feet the entire night. They came out to the floor which was so fun for the younger crowd. My guests have not stopped talking about it almost 2 years later. My best friend is getting married in April, her parents were at my wedding and wanted Horizon and the Horns, so lucky me I get to be a guest and enjoy them again. Cannot say enough great things! You will not be disappointed!

2015-11-19T08:31:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks Ashley and Ben! We were honored to play at your wedding. See you again this summer!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

My wife and I hired Horizon & The Horns for our wedding reception and they were absolutely fantastic!! They took the time to meet with us prior to the party and go over details, the were flexible on what was provided and worked within our budget. Then when it came time to party... Read More they delivered with an exceptional ability to work the crowd and get people out on the dance floor. They knew when to turn it up and when to slow it down to keep everyone happy.

2016-01-13T09:53:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your message, we're so glad you were pleased with your decision to hire Horizon & The Horns for your big day! We wish you well in coming year and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

2016-10-08T10:03:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 jo B

Horizon and the Horns are a fantastic group for any kind of party, especially a wedding! They are well-versed in the latest music along with the old classics, keep a party really moving and bring so much energy to any event at which they perform! I highly recommend this... Read More spirited group!

2015-10-26T11:38:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, we're so glad we could be a part of your special day!

Meet The Manager

Ray Novack

Hi, my name's Ray, I'm the keyboard player and leader of Horizon & The Horns. I understand how important it is for vendors to have great communication with couples as they plan for their big day. I pride myself on making myself available to couples and providing prompt responses to their inquiries. Horizon & The Horns covers music from every genre and every decade to keep you and all your guests partying all night long. We also MC and DJ at no additional cost to make your wedding as fun and carefree as can be! I look forward to hearing from you! Best, Ray