New! Wedding DJ with Live Drummer!

Hype Rhythm's, DJ Nick @ Nite, has been doing events like yours in the Austin area since 2010. With 250+ weddings worth of experience, we help you professionally plan and anticipate all events for the big day. More importantly though, we know how to rock a dance party from start to finish!! We are so excited to announce our new concept in 2017 (seen above), which is going to take the wedding entertainment game to the next level, "Hype Rhythm Live" pairs a Live Drummer with DJ [email protected], which bridges the gap between a live band's energy and DJ's song selection. Your wedding can now have a real DJ with (or without) a live Drummer! Check out our website for more details! Thank you!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Mariachi, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Aliza O

Nick is AMAZING!!! Not only is he a great DJ, but his personality and demeanor just made our wedding experience over the top. He's adorable (first of all), and friendly and sweet and completely on top of his game. Our (very large very traditional Jewish lesbian wedding) was on a... Read More sunday evening, and people stayed and danced forever! He was totally in sync with the vibe, and just made the entire experience amazing and wonderful. Great attention to detail, easy website, listened to all of our suggestions - didn't miss a beat (no pun intended). Thank you Nick!! Jennifer and Aliza

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Tayler L

Nick did such an incredible job at my wedding! From the moment we met, he was so responsive, fun, and organized! He has an amazing online system to create play lists and a timeline, which was absolutely perfect for the wedding. Every time we spoke, Nick was super friendly and I... Read More trusted him completely with our big day. On the actual wedding night, Nick was awesome and kept things running so smooth the whole time! The dance floor was NEVER empty and everyone had such a blast. I felt so reassured with Nick throughout the entire process, and he is hands down the best choice for your wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kimberly K

DJ [email protected] was outstanding! Very professional and accommodating during the planning stage (while I was a total wreck!), his client portal made it easy to plan what type of music we did and did not want him to play. As for the wedding day - WOW! Naively. I didn't think it... Read More would matter what a DJ played, what kind of MC he would be or how much it affected the entire mood of our wedding day, but Nick proved me wrong. It's safe to say that he played one of the most important roles during our wedding, and without his level of experience, there's no way it would have been as perfect of a day/evening as it was. Our friends getting married in DFW in the next year asked for his information because THEY wanted to book him - which is a testament to the amazing party he threw! Thank you so much Hype Rhythm and Nick!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Haley P

Nick and Chris at Hype Rhythm are absolutely amazing! We did hype rhythm live for our wedding and they blew us away with how awesome they were. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day so fun for everyone there! My husband and I are so grateful for them and we would... Read More highly recommend them for anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding. We had the most incredible time and we owe so much of that to Nick Ruiz and Chris "Poopie" Gray!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Nicole T

Nick did an amazing job! He was so responsive and reliable through the whole process. He has a great reputation in austin for being a young and fun dj and that was exactly what he was at our wedding. I have had over 10 people tell me unsolicited that our DJ was awesome and the... Read More dance party at our wedding was the best they have been to. His website has a feature where you can pick song you want played, or do not want played. This was helpful for the songs we did not want. However, we trusted nick and just told him to make sure the dance floor was full when it came to song selections. He also helped us pick songs for traditions like cake cutting, tosses etc and helped us plan the timeline of our wedding so it would not disrupt the dance floor. In a addition to music, he did our lighting as well. He has an awesome light set up that made the dance floor super fun. He also did the uplighting for a reasonable cost and made the room look AMAZING. Overall, we cannot say enough positive things about Nick. He made the dance segment of the reception just as fun as weddings with full 12 person bands that I have been to that cost 10x as much. It's a great value and you can't go wrong with him!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Debora A

Nick is amazing! All of our guests could not stop talking about how much they loved our DJ and how awesome the music was! And not to mention Nick also doubled as our "limo driver" (long story lol!) We will definitely be hiring him for our next event.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Brooke W

Nick was fabulous and went above and beyond to make our wedding amazing! He was on top of everything- he has an easy to use website to list “must play” and “don’t play” songs and he was so accessible, fielding all my questions leading up to our wedding and walking us through a... Read More proposed schedule of events, so we didn’t have to worry about a thing! He was a great DJ in that he kept folks on the dance floor, even getting on the dance floor himself to teach my friends and family a dance. But more than that, he was there to make the entire wedding was a success, including helping move chairs after the ceremony so that our photographer could capture family photos! We would absolutely recommend Nick to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Macc P

Nick was awesome at our wedding, everyone was talking about it at the wedding and after the wedding. We had a wedding with less than a 100 guests the day of coordinator suggested to have 2hrs or less of dancing because the amount of people, I've insist in having more time, best... Read More thing I did, Nick had everyone dancing from the first till the last song. When the last song was announced some people including me were asking if we could extend the party. We had the wedding I wanted it was soo much fun, everyone had fun.If you want your wedding day to be memorable he is the guy!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Katelyn B

Where to begin! Nick is the absolute best DJ and was an easy choice for our wedding! He did an amazing job communicating with us leading up to the wedding and his software system/website made organizing our music a breeze. It also gives you suggestions and helps you nix songs... Read More you definitely don't want played (which is awesome). Our ceremony and reception were in two different places but Nick was able to provide the equipment and music for both! The ceremony music was absolutely perfect and he executed every transition so smoothly. Our reception turned into a huge dance party, which is exactly what we were wanting! Nick had people of all ages on the dance floor the entire night! You could really tell everyone was enjoying themselves. My husband and I were constantly getting compliments the entire night about how great Nick was and how they wished they had had a DJ like him for their weddings! We could not have asked for anything better! Nick worked with our coordinators leading up to the wedding to make sure everything was organized and ready. He also worked with them throughout the wedding to make sure the night ran smoothly all while being an AWESOME MC. For anyone looking for an amazing DJ you could not do any better than Nick! We highly recommend Hype Rhythm for anyone and everyone's wedding! Nick is more than we could have ever asked for and helped to make our night perfect and full of amazing memories! Go with Hype Rhythm!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Mitch G

This DJ was absolutely amazing. Nick uses some really easy software that helped us organize a playlist that suited our wedding and the system that he setup was amazing. The ceremony was flawless and his attention to detail is impeccable. I honestly don't really write reviews but... Read More this guy was so on point that I had to share. He worked with my (now) wife to ensure that we had the best music choices as well as a do not play list for the songs that she didn't want to hear in her special day. Price was amazing for the equipment that he had and the sound was clear and not too loud. His format for introduction as well as the music cues were perfect every time and when we changed things up on him in the middle of our wedding he made the change no questions asked. Such a great person to work with.

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Kelsi B

When we first started planning for our wedding back in November of 2015, my now-husband and I immediately agreed on one key aspect: our wedding was going to be a PARTY. Crucial to this, of course, is the DJ. We planned on inviting family and friends of all different ages and... Read More backgrounds from across the country, and we needed someone who could draw them all out onto the dance floor. Nick Ruiz with Hype Rhythm was the magician who made this happen. From the very beginning, Nick’s professionalism, responsiveness and genuine investment in wedding was very apparent. My husband and I met with Nick in person early on in the wedding planning process to discuss our ideas for the wedding and it quickly became clear that despite having attended weddings, neither of us really knew much about how they were structured. Nick was incredibly helpful in working that out with us from the very beginning. He was always available with professional advice, especially in the days leading up to the wedding. On the day of, he absolutely exceeded any expectations we had. His set-up and speakers are state-of-the-art and the quality of the technology showed throughout the evening. Nick provided the mic, sound, and music for our ceremony, which went very well; he also provided the music during the cocktail hour, and lights and music for the reception. The reception was OUTSTANDING. As an MC, Nick was engaging and fun, while also managing to keep everything on schedule. He even worked with Dan and I to coordinate the music for our Sparkler Sendoff. Everyone that I saw in the days after the wedding commented on how exceptional the music was, and when we got our photos back from the wedding photographer in December we had visual proof of Nick’s ability to draw everyone from little kids to grandparents out on the dance floor for the entirety of the reception. The flow of the music matched the flow of the night perfectly, and I cannot recommend Nick and Hype Rhythm DJ more highly.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Stevie G

Absolutely best DJ we could have asked for! I was a bit of a nervous bride and was questioning if Nick had our details right before the ceremony but I have no clue what I was worried about. He had everything mapped out perfectly! We were on the dance floor the whole night and so... Read More were the rest of our guests, exactly what we had hoped for! Nick made my life easier when he was able to go off my Spotify playlist as reference too and played types of music based off what the crowd was jamming to. We loved that he didn't play the songs all the way through and lived dj'ed (if that's the right term) and merged right into the next song. He was very accommodating, flexible and such a genuinely nice guy. I've already gotten so much positive feedback on how awesome he was and the wedding was 2 weeks ago. Do it people, get Nick to DJ your wedding! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Jill D

My (now) husband and I met Nick Ruiz with Hype Rhythm DJ at the Austin Bridal Extravaganza. Hype Rhythm immediately stood out to us because of the speakers and technology they use. All of their speakers are slim Bose speakers that are excellent quality and look sleek and clean... Read More in the reception space. We did a bit of shopping around, but after meeting with Nick there was no question on who we wanted setting the tone for our reception. Nick is so knowledgeable and immediately put us at ease with all of his insightful ideas for our reception. Nick truly made the evening a party! He has the unique ability to read a crowd and catered to our guests perfectly. We had a real mix of older family members and friends who are our age in attendance. Nick was able to keep everyone entertained and on the dance floor all night. As I'm sure happens at many weddings, we didn't strictly stick to the timeline we'd originally planned out. Nick was extremely accommodating and flexible. He went with the flow while still keeping our evening on track. We also choice to get uplighting for the reception space through Nick. His pricing was very fair and he did an excellent job with the set up. Our reception would not have been the same without Nick!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Roy K

Music. Dancing. Fun. These three items were at the top of my list when thinking about planning our wedding. In my opinion, the music sets the tone for the events of a wedding, and the music that is played can either make or break an event, especially a wedding reception. I was... Read More very nervous about choosing the perfect DJ; however, the first time I spoke with Nick on the phone, I knew he was the right choice. Nick is extremely professional, and he spent the time to walk me through the events of the wedding, including a very detailed time line. The Hype Rhythm website is AMAZING, and it allows you to create a wedding playlist along with a wedding time line/details, which was very helpful to us! Nick was even able to provide the equipment to play music for our outdoor wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and for our reception, all in different locations! I honestly cannot say enough about how happy my husband and I are that we chose Hype Rhythm for our wedding. on our wedding day, Nick was prepared, organized, and accommodating. Everything ran so smoothly. Nick played the perfect music that really kept the energy up, and everyone had a blast on the dance floor! It has been over a month since our wedding, and our family and friends are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding reception! Nick played a huge part in making our wedding an unforgettable day. I HIGHLY recommend Hype Rhythm for a wedding or any other event that includes music! I can't imagine our wedding day without him. Nick is truly the BEST!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016

Alchemist Prime/Eugene really made our wedding awesome and kept it moving ‘herding the cats’ all night long! He was professional, timely and easy to work with. He knew the questions to ask us that we didn’t know to even be thinking about, which helped us a lot and enabled us to... Read More keep stress to a minimum. He took what was in our minds and translated it into a schedule which became a wonderful night for our wedding reception. His selection of music kept the guests, from ages 6 to 90, moving their feet throughout the night. We were extremely happy with his services from the time of booking until the end of the event. We would highly recommend him for any event. Thank you so much Gene for helping to make our special night one we will always cherish and remember with big smiles!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Kelly N

It was a pleasure having Nick Ruiz as our DJ. His professionalism, enthusiasm, and flexibility made our experience relaxing and unforgettable. One of the things we really liked is that Nick's website includes a unique client login that has all of the information about our... Read More wedding. We were able to search for songs to include on our set list and provide details like the names of people on our wedding party and those giving speeches. We were also able to provide our guests with a unique link, login, and password so they could make song requests before the wedding. The website made it really easy to communicate. Nick checked in on us frequently to see if we had any questions or if we wanted to have additional meetings to go over the wedding day timeline and song requests. During the wedding, Nick did an exceptional job keeping the energy up and focused on making our guests want to join us on the dance floor. We appreciated having Nick as our DJ as he really focused on our needs and taste in music. Dancing with our family and friends was an important part of our day and we are so happy we chose Nick as our DJ!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Anna K

I told Nick at the beginning of wedding planning that I wanted the reception to be memorable....and it truly was! There are still people making comments about how energized and fun Nick was. Nick kept everyone on the dance floor from 7:30-10:30 which was pretty incredible. He... Read More was extremely personable and even arrived a couple hours before so that he could make sure everything was perfect. He thought of things during the reception that I never would have. There are endless great things to say about Nick. I would 110% recommend him to anyone who wants their reception to be tons of FUN!

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 karissa k

I just love Nick, I got to work with him at a wedding I shot and when I heard him I was very much impressed. He wasn't your typical DJ playing the same boring songs or just hit play on his play list, he felt out the crowd he saw how they responded to songs and let me tell you... Read More that dance floor was PACKED the whole night... So when it was time to plan my own wedding I couldn't think of anyone else I would want to play at mine. He stayed in contact with me the months and weeks leading to the wedding to finalize all details and really make sure all was going well. I can not tell you how many people said that they LOVED his music. He was fantastic we LOVE him, and I send him to all my brides :) Oh and did I mention he got out on the dance floor to get everyone going.