I Do Ceremonies - Wedding Officiant & Minister

Austin & Surrounding Area | Based in Temple

Austin Area Wedding Officiant & Ordained Minister

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!! Thank you for taking time to check out my profile. I've performed over 400 weddings since 2005 and no two ceremonies have been the same. I've created a process to help couples create the perfect customized ceremony for their BIG DAY, my goal is to take all of the stress off of you for planning the ceremony. I provide you with all of the resources needed to create your customized ceremony. I offer FREE consultations to share the details and give us a chance to meet (in person, Skype, FaceTime or phone). I'm available weekdays, evenings and weekends. Check out my website: idoceremonies.org and you will get an idea of my customized approach and attention to detail. I look forward to hearing from you. Stephen Simmons

Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Austin & Surrounding Area | Based in Temple (512) 517-8492
WEBSITE FACEBOOK PINTEREST

Pleased, delighted, and so happy with I Do Ceremonies!

Reviewed on 5/15/2015 Kaileen G

Finding the right person to officiate our wedding was one of the biggest challenges during the planning process. We interviewed several candidates before finding Stephen. If you’re thinking about hiring him, make things easy on yourself and go for it… you will not be... Read More disappointed!! We were impressed with him during our initial meeting, but asked for a few references just to confirm our feelings. Within a few hours, I received three emails from past brides who all gave glowing recommendations. While we were writing our vows, Stephen was a wonderful resource. He ran our rehearsal walkthrough, which was quick and easy. On the actual day, Stephen did such an amazing job with the ceremony. He has a great presence and voice, added just the right amount of his own personality, and helped us get through our vows smoothly. Absolutely 100% recommend!

The Best

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Meg S

Stephen was absolutely amazing. Our guests loved him. He was funny and it was like he had known us forever. He personalized every bit of our ceremony. I felt like he was family. Stephen was organized and enthusiastic. I hope someday I can talk my husband into a vow renewal so... Read More we can use him again!

2015-08-27T14:34:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meg! It was an honor to be a part of such a wonderful occasion, you, Michael, your family and friends all were fun to celebrate with. Your groomsmen's apparel for a hot Texas day was great! I wish you the best!! Sincerely, Stephen

Officiant Review

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Meagan O

Stephen Simmons was our officiant for our wedding this past May. Stephen was extremely responsive and helpful during the planning process. He was very prompt in responding to my emails and answering my questions. After spending weeks looking for an officiant, we finally met with... Read More Stephen who was so thorough in explaining what services we were getting and was so personable during our first meeting that we immediately booked him that day. Stephen's website was also very helpful in planning our ceremony because it contained hundreds of examples that we were able to pick and choose from to help create the perfect ceremony. Stephen was so very kind during our wedding planning and I could not recommend him enough!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Erin G

I cannot recommend Stephen more highly. He was amazing. We met with him at a Starbucks and discussed our wedding. We knew immediately that we wanted him to officiate our wedding. He gave us a very detailed and intuitive template to work from for our ceremony. We were really able... Read More to personalize it to exactly how we wanted. When it came to the big day, he took our ceremony and really made it flow and personal. He was a comic relief during our ceremony and had a strong presence. We really enjoyed working with him. He submitted our marriage license while we were on our honeymoon and by the time we got back, we already had received our marriage certificate! :) If you need an officiant for your wedding, Stephen is the guy for you. He did an amazing job. Thank you Stephen!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Katherine C

Stephen is exactly what you’re looking for in an officiant – a commanding presence and voice, courteous, funny, professional, and experienced. We met with him for a consultation before the wedding and were blown away by how prepared he is as an officiant and how he enables every... Read More couple to personalize and create their own ceremony. The day of he had our guests laughing and emotional at the same time and we could not have imagined a better outcome. He is so easy to work with and is proactive about sending reminders during the wedding process. Thank you Stephen!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Samantha H

Absolutely hands down one of the best decisions we made that day!! So professional and fun. Stephen was unbelievably easy to work with, we will never forget him and the impact he had on our special day!! HIGHLY recommended!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Sierra L

Stephen was fantastic! My fiance and I met him for a consultation a few months before the wedding, and he was so friendly and genuine from the start. He asked lots of questions to get to know us as a couple and what we wanted out of our ceremony. Leading up to the wedding, he... Read More was on the ball with sending out reminders to pick our selections, get our marriage license, etc. The day of the wedding, he talked to everyone involved to make sure everyone was on the same page. The ceremony he performed was perfect - the perfect blend of warmth and humor. We absolutely loved Stephen, and highly recommend him and I Do Ceremonies!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Ashley L

I was looking for an officiant and found Stephen. I saw his reviews and decided to reach out to him. From the very first email I knew immediately that I wanted him to officiate at our wedding. He provided us with samples that we could include in our ceremony and helped us... Read More customize the ceremony to fit exactly what we wanted. He responded quickly to answer any questions we had. Not only was he professional, he was extremely personable and he made our ceremony feel like he had known us for a long time. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding officiant - you will not be disappointed! We will always cherish our wedding and all of the people who helped make it so beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Ruben P

Stephen at I Do Ceremonies was recommended to me by a friend, and working with him was the best decision I could have made for an officiant. Courteous, very creative and extremely accommodating. Look no further, I Do Ceremonies will do all you need and more!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Stacia W

He is the best in town! My fiance and I met with Stephen months before our wedding and he really took the time to get to know us. We sat at a Jimmy Johns for a couple hours talking about his process and all the great stories of weddings he's officiated along the way. It made us... Read More feel good to actually get to know the person that was going to be marrying us. It was super easy to put together our ceremony with his step by step process located on his website. I literally emailed it to him and he took it from there. The big day came and it was exactly as we wanted! He took care of sending off the marriage license and BOOM, we were married! I would highly recommend him!! Be sure to call him as soon as you can though, I know he books up quickly!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Tristin C

I can't say enough great things about Stephen. He felt like family from the moment we met him, and he made our wedding perfect. I truly don't think the ceremony would have been the same without him. He was a breeze to work with and communicated with us as much as necessary... Read More without being over-bearing for a stressed out bride in the midst of wedding planning! He was so personable and kind. I can't tell you how many people complimented his officiating after the ceremony throughout the night--everyone thought he did amazing and loved our ceremony. We had Stephen for our rehearsal as well, and he rallied our troops and knocked out both an outdoor and rain backup ceremony plan in no time. Look no further if you want someone who will make your ceremony personal and memorable, and who is just truly a genuine human being. Stephen is your guy!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kim W

We couldn't have made a better choice than hiring Stephen to be our wedding officiant. From the very first meeting we felt like Stephen was a part of our family. He patiently guided us through every step of the ceremony and had fantastic references for us to use when writing... Read More our personal ceremony. Stephen is extremely professional, personable, and knowledgeable. I would absolutely recommend Stephen to serve as the officiant to anyone who is looking for one.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Bryan C

Stephen was/is absolutely amazing! He pulled off the ceremony beautifully with only having talked through 1 face time and several emails. My family all commented on how they felt as if Stephen had known my wife and I for years. I absolutely recommend Stephen to be the officiant... Read More at your wedding. Stop looking elsewhere, because I know how exhausting that was, and land your wedding date and time with him. Trust me!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Julie F

Stephen was absolutely incredible. Hiring him was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He is so kind, professional, and experienced. You want him as part of your wedding team. Period.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Kaity O

Stephen was AMAZING!! I didn't have to worry about a single thing. He had different options laid out for the ceremony. It made it super easy to make a ceremony that matched us! Not only does he make it easy, but he's good with the going with the flow and made every laugh. My... Read More husband couldn't hold back his tears and Stephen even gave him a handkerchief. Overall I wish I could give more stars!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Katie A

From the very beginning, Stephen was very accommodating. He met my husband and I at a nearby location to go over details of how he outlines his ceremonies, and he was willing to compromise on anything we asked for. He made the whole process extremely easy! He had great... Read More suggestions, and was always very quick to respond to any questions. He was professional the entire time, and I loved how he added a little comedic relief in our ceremony too. We heard nothing but great things from our guests on Stephen. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who is still looking. Look no further, Stephen is your guy!!!! Thanks, Stephen for everything you did for us! We're forever grateful.

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Amanda W

Stephen is very easy to communicate with and meet up with leading to the wedding! He had useful tools and resources so that my husband and I could design our own ceremony and include all the parts we wanted and other parts we hadn't even thought about. He has been amazing... Read More throughout the entire process. Many of our wedding guests asked if we knew him prior to wedding planning because he was so personable and put the ceremony together so well and added small jokes and kept our guests engaged for our entire ceremony. 5 Star, 100% recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Kathlyn E

We had Mitch Royer perform our ceremony and he was awesome!! He coordinated our rehearsal and made it so easy for everyone to learn what to do for the ceremony. He was so nice and funny, he made everyone feel laid back. The actual ceremony was so beautiful and he made it flow... Read More so smoothly. Stephen has such an efficient and great process to get you set up with them and prepared for the big day. All of his ceremony resources and examples helped me create the perfect ceremony for us. I cannot recommend them enough! Thank you for making my wedding day everything I thought it would be and more!

2017-03-21T10:05:14 Response from the vendor

Hi Kathlyn, You guys are such an amazing couple! And just a beautiful wedding! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it! We wish you the best, may all your dreams become a reality! Mitch & Stephen

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Crystal D

When searching for an officiant I found that Stephen's website was super helpful. My husband and I met with Stephen to discuss the details of our ceremony and he made it so easy to plan for it. Stephen put us at ease with his organization and thoroughness of all of the... Read More details/customization available, including some ideas we had not thought about. Since Stephen was booked for our day, he planned for his colleague Loren to officiate our day. Loren was prompt and professional. Our ceremony was beautiful and I highly recommend I Do Ceremonies to put you at ease during your planning time. -Crystal and Danny

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Jacqueline H

Stephen was incredible to work with! He made me and my husband feel comfortable and capable with our ceremony script, which at first seemed daunting. It's such a personal and special process and I couldn't imagine having anyone else help us.

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Diana G

My husband and I had a very specific needs in our officiant and ceremony style. I was raised as a Catholic and my husband was raised as a Christian. We aren't practicing Catholics, and we are more non-denominational. We wanted to keep some parts from catholic faith and... Read More Christian. We had free range of what we wanted in the ceremony, and we were given a lot of examples to help pick what we wanted. We mixed some and made it fit our wants/ needs for our ceremony. The ceremony is the moment where we make that commitment for the rest of our lives, make sure you take your officiant choice seriously, because we definitely did. We couldn't have chosen a better officiant that genuinely got to know my husband and I. We got so many compliments about our ceremony and we definitely felt the love in that moment! Thanks Stephen!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Corina S

No need to read any more reviews. Stop reading this and book Rev. Simmons ASAP. We had a romantic ceremony and knew we wanted the focus to be on the ceremony and not the food or anything else. We hesitated at first due to price being higher than others but after the ceremony we... Read More definitely realized why. Rev Simmons was worth every penny and even acted as wedding coordinator getting everyone lined up and letting people know what to do and when. We had a few hiccups but Rev. Simmons was there every time to keep the ball rolling. We have absolutely zero complaints and can't wait to refer him to others. The ceremony ran late (of course) and Rev. Simmons saw I was getting overwhelmed, he stopped everyone in the bridal suite, made eye contact with me and gave me a pep talk and assured me everything was going to be fine - exactly what I needed at that moment. Thanks again Rev!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Kelli S

Absolutely AMAZING. Every single person I talked to mentioned how great he was. He took the time to get to know us over the phone prior to the big day, made notes, then helped us decide on what exactly we wanted for the ceremony options. He has such an easy way of putting... Read More together the ceremony - with options to choose from that are totally customization or you can just use them as is. Hands down the easiest part of planning my wedding. Recommend 100 times over. I even had a grandparent ask me if he does funerals... hopefully we won't need that for a while. Thank you so much Stephen!!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Katie W

Stephen was a wonderful person to work with! Although we were getting married in Austin, we live in Houston. He made it easy for us to first meet with a skype session. He helps with reminders to get your marriage license and has a wonderful easy to use system to customize your... Read More entire ceremony. My husband and I loved being able to keep our ceremony short and sweet! Stephen is organized and fun to work with, calming my nerves during the rehearsal and he really helped make our special day that much better!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Denise M

Loren was a great officiant!!! We are so happy with the services provided by I Do Ceremonies. Thank you to Stephen and Loren for helping us set up the ceremony exactly as we had envisioned.

Stephen Simmons

I have been married over 26 years to my best friend, my treasure, my beloved. I have two beautiful daughters and love being married!! My desire is that every couple will have a marriage that brings them the joy and pleasure my marriage has brought me. I love performing wedding ceremonies because it is one of the top highlights in most people’s lives. The day you get engaged is exciting, but the day you say “I Do” is one of the most exciting and memorable moments of your life. I enjoy listening to a couple’s story and working with them to create a wedding ceremony that will be memorable.