I Do Ceremonies - Wedding Officiant & Minister

Austin, Dripping Spring & Surrounding Area | Based in Temple

Austin Area Wedding Officiant & Ordained Minister

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!! Thank you for taking time to check out my profile. I've performed over 600 weddings since 2005 and no two ceremonies have been the same. I've created a process to help couples create the perfect customized ceremony for their BIG DAY, my goal is to take all of the stress off of you for planning the ceremony. I provide you with all of the resources needed to create your customized ceremony. I offer FREE consultations to share the details and give us a chance to meet (in person, Skype, FaceTime or phone). I'm available weekdays, evenings and weekends. Check out my website: idoceremonies.org and you will get an idea of my customized approach and attention to detail. I look forward to hearing from you. Stephen Simmons

Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Austin, Dripping Spring & Surrounding Area | Based in Temple (512) 517-8492
WEBSITE FACEBOOK PINTEREST

Pleased, delighted, and so happy with I Do Ceremonies!

Reviewed on 5/15/2015 Kaileen G

Finding the right person to officiate our wedding was one of the biggest challenges during the planning process. We interviewed several candidates before finding Stephen. If you’re thinking about hiring him, make things easy on yourself and go for it… you will not be... Read More disappointed!! We were impressed with him during our initial meeting, but asked for a few references just to confirm our feelings. Within a few hours, I received three emails from past brides who all gave glowing recommendations. While we were writing our vows, Stephen was a wonderful resource. He ran our rehearsal walkthrough, which was quick and easy. On the actual day, Stephen did such an amazing job with the ceremony. He has a great presence and voice, added just the right amount of his own personality, and helped us get through our vows smoothly. Absolutely 100% recommend!

The Best

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Meg S

Stephen was absolutely amazing. Our guests loved him. He was funny and it was like he had known us forever. He personalized every bit of our ceremony. I felt like he was family. Stephen was organized and enthusiastic. I hope someday I can talk my husband into a vow renewal so... Read More we can use him again!

2015-08-27T14:34:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meg! It was an honor to be a part of such a wonderful occasion, you, Michael, your family and friends all were fun to celebrate with. Your groomsmen's apparel for a hot Texas day was great! I wish you the best!! Sincerely, Stephen

Officiant Review

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Meagan O

Stephen Simmons was our officiant for our wedding this past May. Stephen was extremely responsive and helpful during the planning process. He was very prompt in responding to my emails and answering my questions. After spending weeks looking for an officiant, we finally met with... Read More Stephen who was so thorough in explaining what services we were getting and was so personable during our first meeting that we immediately booked him that day. Stephen's website was also very helpful in planning our ceremony because it contained hundreds of examples that we were able to pick and choose from to help create the perfect ceremony. Stephen was so very kind during our wedding planning and I could not recommend him enough!!

Reviewed on 1/30/2018 Ashley C

Stephen is the absolute best hands down! He put my husband and I at ease during our ceremony and it seemed as if we had known him for years! He had all of our guests as well as us laughing and enjoying the moment. He is so personable, friendly, and all around a great guy! Words... Read More do not describe how great he was for us on our special day! We would highly recommend him to all of our family & friends!!! HE IS THE BEST!!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Brina M

Stephen and Mitch were absolutely amazing. The process of creating our ceremony was super easy. We both felt like Stephen and Mitch were family, which was very important to us! Mitch married us in Dripping Springs. He delivered such a flawless ceremony. He made our guests laugh... Read More -- another important thing! Stephen and Mitch were prompt and easy to get a hold of. If I got married again -- I would definitely choose I Do Ceremonies! I'm sure we'd choose them for our vow renewals! Thank you, Stephen and Mitch.

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Paige K

Stephen was such a joy to work with! He made us feel so comfortable during the ceremony and kept the crowd engaged in the right way. As soon as we met him for the first time, we knew he was the right choice for our ceremony. He was very responsive and he was never a stress... Read More factor at all! Thanks Stephen for making our ceremony wonderful!

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Kristi H

Stephen provided us with such a beautiful and memorable wedding ceremony. Several of our guests commented on how much they liked Stephen and the outstanding job he did. He was extremely organized and responsive throughout the planning process. His infinite professionalism and... Read More flexibility made this part of our wedding planning process stress-free. He made it easy for us to plan a meaningful ceremony that was unique to our love story. I highly recommend his services.

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Adam F

Stephen was hands down the best choice for our ceremony. Per our request, he provided a great balance of humor and seriousness that made our day great. He even lent me his handkerchief to wipe off the lipstick after the first kiss. There was not a detail he didn't think of that... Read More could have made our day better. Thank you Stephen for doing such great work.

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Coley W

Stephen with I DO Ceremonies was so PERFECT for our wedding day!! He is AMAZING! SO easy to work with and talk to. He made the whole process so easy and we have received soo many compliments on our officiant, Stephen. Everyone LOVED him! Would definitely recommend ! :):)

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Katy S

Stephen with, I Do Ceremonies, made our wedding day absolutely perfect. He has one of those powerful voices that create excitement and emotion, making our ceremony full of laughter, emotion, and love. My husband and I do not live in the Austin area, so we were not able to meet... Read More with him in person. Stephen offered for us to meet over Skype and discuss our ceremony options. He provided an outline for the ceremony. We were able to customize every piece, and he offered several suggestions making it easier on us. Everything about Stephen’s service shows how much he cares about making your day special, and most importantly, what you want it to be. There is not one thing I would have changed about our wedding ceremony. Thank you again, Stephen!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Taylor C

We are so lucky to have found Stephen for our officiant. He was so helpful from the very beginning, and he kept me on top of things by reminding me when to get the marriage license, and when to have my final outline done by. Everyone at our wedding talked about how he was funny... Read More and personable during the ceremony, and he helped my husband and I feel at ease. I can not say enough great things about him!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Adrian H

Mitch was great! Very easy to work with, and he was very flexible in supporting the specifics and non-traditional aspects of our wedding. I (the groom) was running late the day of the wedding and didn't have time to hand write my vows that day as intended (and as I apparently... Read More promised my wife so we weren't tackily reading off our phones). Mitch offered to write them for me while I got dressed and had them done before we lined up to walk out. Mitch to the rescue! Mitch also provided some day-of guidance on how the process will flow, what a lot of common hiccups are and how to avoid them, and provided confidence that things would work out just fine. I recommend I Do Ceremonies and Mitch to others needing an officiant.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Jacki F

Stephen was more than we could have ever imagined during our ceremony! He is personable, professional, funny, and always there when you have any questions. Our guests were so impressed with him and we received complements all night. I would highly recommend him to anyone that... Read More wants a flawless ceremony! Thank you Stephen again for our amazing day that we will cherish forever!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Lindsay M

These guys are fantastic! They are easy to work with, answer all of your questions and are just flat fun. From the moment we met them, we knew this would be who we would hire. Loren, our officiant, was nice, professional and very well spoken. These guys take the time to get to... Read More know you as a couple and are willing to be silly, serious or something in between. You cannot go wrong here. Definitely reach out to Stephen and his team for the perfect ceremony.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Janet M

I met Stephen over 3 years ago while hoping to plan a home wedding for my youngest daughter. Although she decided to get married in Louisiana, Stephen had made such a great impression on me and my husband, that I saved his contact info in hopes of hiring him for my other... Read More daughter. That day came, and my daughter and her fiance' were extremely happy with Stephen and hired him on their first meeting. He will cater to your wedding needs and style. We loved how personable he is and the easy flow to the ceremony. We all felt like we had know Stephen for years. He was excellent in keeping in touch with the 'kids' and reminding them when it was time to apply for the license. We never had to worry if he remembered us or our date. I can't say enough about Stephen. He was the perfect choice!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Rashelle B

After selecting our date and venue, finding an officiant was the next priority in our wedding preparation. This was a big decision as we wanted to feel comfortable and connected with this person from the very beginning! Throughout our search, we spoke with several officiants and... Read More feel so blessed to have found Stephen. After just one conversation with him, it felt as though we had known him for years. And right from the start, he helped with everything. He has an amazingly helpful website, providing so many ideas and examples to use in writing up your very own individualized ceremony...from the very beginning all the way to the end. He is always available for help, advice and ideas and reaches out with monthly reminders and assistance all the way up to your big day. Stephen is the most professional, responsive, helpful, fun, friendly, well-spoken, punctual, stress-relieving guy we could have ever found. Stephen is so personable, makes you feel like family. Our ceremony was amazing, he kept everyone on schedule, and has such a calming demeanor. Our guests loved him as well, he is so sincere and has a great sense of humor...our ceremony was so heartfelt, full of tears and laughter! It was perfect! Stephen does not just marry you, he becomes a part of your family forever!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Victoria K

Stephen is truly one of a kind! His passion for marriage shines through him. We are so grateful that we chose I Do Ceremonies. We had a wonderful experience and loved every moment of it. Stephen is organized, supportive, prompt, hilarious and loving. He truly cares about your... Read More happiness and marriage. We hope years from now he will officiate our vowel renewal. THANK YOU I DO CEREMONIES!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Stacy F

Mr. Simmons was the absolute best choice for our wedding. We live out of town and our first time meeting him was on our wedding day. That can be scary...but it wasn’t. We spoke on the phone and by email leading up to the big day. He helped us tailor our vows and ceremony to fit... Read More our personalities. On the day of, he mingled with my fiancé and the family before the ceremony and came to check on me before we started. The ceremony was perfect. Everyone complimented his ceremony and stated that they felt it was a perfect mixture of having fun and upholding tradition. If I could give more than 5 stars I would!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Amy O

Where do we begin? Stephen was ABSOLUTELY amazing! My husband and I recently got married September 23rd and are still getting comments on Stephen a month later! The minute we met with Stephen via Skype last year for the first time we instantly knew we wanted to book him for our... Read More wedding ceremony and it was the best choice we made! Stephen performed an amazing ceremony for us with the right amount of balance including traditional, romantic, and super fun! He had all of our guests laughing and made the ceremony run smoothly! If you are considering booking Stephen for your wedding dont hesitate and book him before he is taken! Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Alyssa C

Great wedding! Planning the ceremony seemed like a daunting task when we started out but with Stephen’s guidance it may have been the easiest part of the wedding. We were also so nervous to be the center of attention but he calmed our fears and gave us a special day. Would... Read More recommend!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Maggie N

Stephen was absolutely amazing to work with from the very first phone call until the wedding day. He walked us through the entire process and talking to him felt like talking to a family member who truly cares about you. I loved his process of being able to customize your... Read More ceremony to exactly how you want it to be. I added some unique parts and he delivered it like he'd read it a million times. He made us and our guests both laugh and cry! He was also extremely helpful at the rehearsal so I would definitely recommend that as an option. I could go on and on...I cannot say enough good things about I Do Ceremonies.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Megan W

Look no further! You will not regret booking with I Do Ceremonies. Upon selection of our officiant, I honestly wasn't quite sure of what exactly I was looking for or how I envisioned the ceremony to run. After my first meeting with Stephen, there wasn't another officiant that... Read More topped him. He was very professional, easy to talk to, and walked through every aspect of the ceremony with me. He mentioned things I hadn't even thought of and really painted the picture as to what that day would look like. I was no longer unsure. I knew then that we needed to have him as a part of our day. He allowed my husband and I to personalize our entire ceremony and even offers dozens of poems, readings, and selection pieces for you to choose from if you need a little help. He was also very quick at responding to my messages from day one up until days before the wedding. This is especially helpful when asking for advice and trying to piece things together in a timely manner. Once it was all said and done and the big day was here, we received so many compliments on how beautiful and personal the ceremony was. Many people told me they hadn't ever witnessed anything so beautiful and it was a ceremony they wouldn't forget. To hear all the wonderful words from our family and friends was the cherry on top. We loved Stephen and so did they. He truly has a way with words and with people, and we will forever be grateful to have had him as a part of our big day. Thank you, Stephen!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Jannah V

Stephen Simmons was the best investment we made in our wedding. The first time we met him we knew immediately to choose him as our officiant. He was extremely professional, organized, punctual, and down to earth! He has a way of making the process of customizing your wedding... Read More ceremony very easy. His website is so helpful when we were piecing together our ceremony. On the wedding day he showed up early and knew exactly how to calm our nerves before we walked down the aisle. The guests absolutely loved him. Numerous guests of ours went out of their way to express how great our ceremony and officiant was! We recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Tayler L

Stephen is the best! Once we got engaged, my husband and I knew we were going to be extremely particular about who our officiant was. We had attended multiple weddings and realized we wanted ours to uniquely reflect us as a couple. After meeting with a few other officiants, we... Read More met Stephen. From the first meeting, Stephen was warm and friendly and made Alex and I feel extremely comfortable. He informed us that every ceremony he does is unique, and I knew right away we wanted Stephen to marry us! He has so many ideas and resources for the ceremony and what I loved most is that I could craft exactly what would mean the most to my husband and I. Stephen was so responsive every step of the way, and even went the extra mile to create a unique marriage counseling session questionnaire for my husband and I when I asked. The day of the ceremony, Stephen came and spoke with both Alex and I separately before the ceremony and made us feel even more comfortable! He was so well prepared and the ceremony was absolutely perfect! Having the right officiant is so important, and we are so lucky to have been able to have Stephen as ours! Any couple would be making the absolute right and best choice with I Do Ceremonies!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Erin K

I cannot recommend Stephen more highly. He was amazing. We met with him at a Starbucks and discussed our wedding. We knew immediately that we wanted him to officiate our wedding. He gave us a very detailed and intuitive template to work from for our ceremony. We were really able... Read More to personalize it to exactly how we wanted. When it came to the big day, he took our ceremony and really made it flow and personal. He was a comic relief during our ceremony and had a strong presence. We really enjoyed working with him. He submitted our marriage license while we were on our honeymoon and by the time we got back, we already had received our marriage certificate! :) If you need an officiant for your wedding, Stephen is the guy for you. He did an amazing job. Thank you Stephen!

Stephen Simmons

I have been married over 26 years to my best friend, my treasure, my beloved. I have two beautiful daughters and love being married!! My desire is that every couple will have a marriage that brings them the joy and pleasure my marriage has brought me. I love performing wedding ceremonies because it is one of the top highlights in most people’s lives. The day you get engaged is exciting, but the day you say “I Do” is one of the most exciting and memorable moments of your life. I enjoy listening to a couple’s story and working with them to create a wedding ceremony that will be memorable.