IATSE Ballroom by Anthony's Caterers

Philadelphia, PA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The IATSE Ballroom in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is managed by Anthony's Caterers. This new multi-purpose event room combines all of the culinary mastery of Anthony's Caterers with a beautiful space ideal for wedding receptions. With full staging suitable for a theater production, brides and grooms can sit back and allow the experts to choreograph their wedding reception.

The IATSE Ballroom. This venue shouts for lights and cameras to capture the once-in-a lifetime wedding action that will unfold. With theatrical marquee signs and high-tech theatrical lighting, your wedding reception will be a huge hit. Soaring ceilings make this space seem larger than life. This venue will accommodate up to 500 guests for a cocktail reception and 350 guests for a seated affair.

The event staff at Anthony's Caterers are experts in all things weddings, not just fine reception menus. Not only will you receive full assistance and support with planning your wedding reception meal, you will also have guidance with planning other aspects of your event such as flowers, decorations, entertainment and the wedding cake.

Every wedding event at the IATSE Ballroom includes standard amenities. Your reception will be five hours long with a five-hour open bar for the entire time. The cocktail hour will begin with a champagne toast. The cocktail reception will include both warm and chilled hors d'oeuvres. You can also choose to have stations during your cocktail hour. Cocktail hour stations all include ice sculptures.

A maître d' will be in charge of the festivities, overseeing the banquet staff and attending to the guests' needs. Tables will be covered with floor-length white tablecloths with napkins available in various colors. The dinner includes your choice of soup or salad, pasta selections, entrée selections, starches and vegetables. Some of the entrée options include filet mignon, stuffed chicken capon, veal parmigiana, lobster tail and stuffed flounder.

Audiovisual amenities in the IATSE Ballroom are impressive. A full stage is ideal for entertainment, whether you have a DJ or a live band. Theatrical lighting ensures a state-of-the-art presentation for your entertainment and dancing. An in-house PA system is ideal for toasts, announcements and general use during the reception. A variety of multimedia options are also available for you to use. Free on-site parking is available for guests.

With Anthony's Caterers planning and orchestrating your wedding reception, you can sit back and be the stars of the show. The staff will accommodate special requests whenever possible. Some enhancements are also available.

• Add dessert stations to your reception package. A Viennese sweet station, chocolate fondue fountain, international coffee bar and ice cream bar are available
  • Add white or red sangria service to your dinner
  • Request a bloody Mary bar with olives, celery, sea salt and seasonings

lights.camera.mangia!

The IATSE Ballroom by Anthony's Caterers- modern Italian with theatrical flare. You have surely ARRIVED as you walk through the bright marquee entrance to find yourself draped in the ballroom’s warm theatrical lighting, knowing a good time with family and friends is at hand! lights.camera.mangia!

Ballroom

2401 South Swanson St., Philadelphia, PA (267) 861-0391

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Jennifer R

I.A.T.S.E Ballroom was AMAZING! We could not have asked for a more perfect venue for our wedding reception. From the first time we spoke to Giovanni we knew that this was the place that we needed to have our wedding. Every single detail was perfect. Giovanni was extremely... Read More prompt with answering calls and emails from us when we needed anything. When we dropped off all of our things the night before the wedding, we knew that we were in good hands. That was an understatement! The room was perfect, the food was perfect, the way they added all of the special touches throughout the night were PERFECT! I can honestly say that was the best night of my life. My family and friends rave about everything from that night. We would 100% use them for other events. Thank you Giovanni and your staff for making our night, one to remember forever!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Alexis H

Iatse Ballroom is phenomenal from beginning to end! Everything was perfect from the food, to the linen and especially the service! Giovanni is hands down the best! We went for our first visit to check out the venue and Giovanni sold us right there. He was very accommodating from... Read More food for children to dealing the pregnant bride! He made sure our day was flawless and unforgettable. Giovanni also has a great staff! The Chef, Maître d’ and servers were wonderful. They made sure the food, drinks and desserts were flowing all night. We cannot thank the Iatse team enough from making our dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Aja B

The food was the bomb, they catered to my every need to make sure me and my husband was good the whole night, they made sure we ate. The staff was also excellent

Reviewed on 4/21/2016

I don't even know how to express how truly grateful I am for the service at the IATSE Ballroom by Anthony's Caterers. Giaovanni (owner), Anthony (chef), Patrick (maitre d) and the rest of the staff at this venue, completely exceeded my expectations. I wanted the night to feel... Read More like a big party, but still in an elegant way and they hit the nail right on the head. The best part is that it felt effortless. They met every need or request that my husband and I had, and I was truly able to enjoy the night and know that my guests were taken care of. The food was absolutely delicious (I only wish I had more, as a bride when it is your day you will understand lol) and the room was stunning. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Stears Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Michelle M

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at ITASE Ballroom and we are so happy we picked this venue. Giovanni was so accommodating and made planning so easy. Not only Giovanni was great to work with but the whole staff was amazing!! Venue is beautiful and the... Read More food is amazing!!! Everyone can't stop talking about how great the reception was. I am sad it is over :( If you are looking for a place with great service, great food, great venue then you must book IATSE Ballroom!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Heather C

Our wedding was on 10/10/15 and it was the best day ever. From the beginning planning process to the wedding day Giovanni was always helpful to any questions or concerns we had. The day of the wedding the maitre d Paul and Giovanni made sure everything went smoothly and made... Read More sure we were okay the whole night. They not only catered to us but made sure all 175 guests were having a great time and were enjoying themselves. Our family and friends had nothing but great things to say about the staff, service, and outstanding food. If you want a great venue, honest people, and awesome food this is the place to have your wedding! After your wedding you will want to book Iatse again for upcoming events because you will know everything will be awesome! Check this place out I promise you will have nothing but great things to say when it's all over. Thank you again to everyone at Iatse ballroom I wish we could do it all over again :)

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Gina M

Our day was better than I could have imagined ! My guests raved about the food, atmosphere, and the ballroom looked absolutely beautiful. My favorite part is that Giovanni and chef Dan were flexible enough to customize our cocktail hour. My new husband is Vietnamese and chef Dan... Read More created lemongrass skewers, banh mi sliders, and spring rolls to represent his side of the family as well. They were also kind enough to let our photographer bring in a drone to capture the event. Great value for our money! I wish I could rewind the day. It was fabulous!

They created the perfect day.

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Jodie S

Choosing a venue was probably the most challenging part of wedding planning for me. I had high expectations and a certain vision. When we first met with Giovanni at the IATSE Ballroom, I didn't know what to expect. I just knew I trusted him and I had a pretty good feeling the... Read More food was going to be amazing. Well, here we are, one month after my wedding and people are still talking about how it was one of the most fun wedding they ever attended AND how good the food was. I mean I have never heard people talk about the food at a wedding like they did about IATSE. The veal parm was top notch and the antipasto bar fell straight from heaven. When I say that the folks at IATSE know what they are doing, I'm not exaggerating. Every single person did their job so well. They were attentive, nice, professional. The chef created a foodie heaven for our guests. Giovanni was patient and made everything work seamlessly. I still get all giddy when I think about that night. It was one of the most perfect moments and so much of it was due to the staff of IATSE. Do not hesitate to have your event here. You will be so happy you did!

Great for Weddings and Showers

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Andria B

I recently had my son's baptism luncheon at Anthony's Caterers at the IATSE Ballroom and had such an amazing experience. During the same time there was a baby shower and I think this would be the perfect place for a Bridal Shower as well as an elegant evening wedding. First... Read More off, this place is a hidden gem in South Philadelphia and the perfect place for an event. I will say that the venue was a bit nicer than I would have planned for a baptism and definitely more in line for an elegant wedding. However they had a wonderfully priced brunch menu that was equal to places half as nice. We had a brunch that included an omelet station and a buffet with french toast, bacon, sausage and potatoes, as well as, chicken piccata and penne a la vodka. I also added on a cheesesteak station as many of my guests were from out of town and would (and did) appreciate the "philly-experience". The food was great and the service was even better. We had young children at the event that were a little on the hyper side and the place was fine with me bringing in some games etc to keep them occupied and the staff even managed to continue smiling as my 3 year old son went around and blew out every candle that was lit in the place. We had an open bar for our guests in which we paid the final bill and the prices on that were reasonable as well (considering many places completely overcharge you for drinks etc). This place was wonderful and my husband and I will continue to tell everyone we know about what a great event they planned and delivered for us. I highly recommend you check them out for your next event.

IATSE Could not have been more amazing!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Hollie F

We had our reception at the IATSE Ballroom. I was pretty apprehensive about choosing a venue, but when we met with Giovanni to give our deposit and talk about our day, I was convinced. He was so laid back, yet comforting and confident in making our day perfect and meeting all... Read More of our expectations. He was all about making it our day and making sure it was what we wanted;he was NOT about up selling and trying to "add on" extras just to make more money, like many of the other venues we looked at. Giovanni was very responsive and put up with all of my crazy weird questions, but completely reassuring that everything would run smoothly. We did a lot of DIY type stuff and had a family member do all of the flower arrangements and centerpieces, meaning the staff at IATSE were in charge of executing a lot of our decor. Not only were they incredibly flexible and generous in helping, but they did an amazing job. I went back and forth about booking a day of coordinator and I can say that I'm happy that I did not. Giovanni and his team of people were amazing on our wedding day. On the day of our wedding, I could not even believe how perfect everything went. I never went without a drink, during cocktail hour, the staff very gently pressured me into eating (which I cannot say how thankful I am for). If I needed something I had it. It was so smooth and easy. Even our guests are still raving about how amazing IATSE was. Several people were so impressed that they never had to even order a drink, the bartenders just remembered and got it for them. Guests are still raving about the food as well. One of my friends, who is a very picky foodie, even said that of all the wedding she's been to, ours was the best food she's ever had. From the hor d'oeuvres to the entrees, everything was perfect. All in all I could not be happier with our choice and if I had to do it over, I would choose them again.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 skye t

Our wedding was held at IATSE Ballroom on May 31st of this year. And I can honestly say it was way beyond any expectations we ever imagined our wedding reception to be. It was really our dream wedding all thanks to Giovanni, the coordinator who was a pleasure to work with, and... Read More the entire staff. IATSE is a hidden gem, and it's only going to become more known as the years come & go. The Venue itself is amazingly modern & gorgeous, the updates are extraordinary. The food was absolutely amazing, and aside from the bartenders being beautiful, they were the nicest people to ever serve drinks. It's been weeks and people are still raving about the place & staff and how perfect our wedding reception was. You guys are awesome and I only wish for more success for Anthony Caterer's & IATSE Ballroom.