Ideal Media DJ, Lighting, Drape, Cloud, & Photobooth

DC, MD, & Northern VA

DJ, Uplighting, Gobo, Drape, Clouds, & Photobooth

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting, Drape & Photobooth provides professional DJ & Karaoke Services, Wireless Uplighting, Room Draping and Backdrops, Cloud Effect, Party Lighting, Monogram/Gobos, Mirror Photobooth, and Video Projection for Weddings, Corporate Events, and Private Parties. Over 10 years of Audio/Visual, DJ, and lighting experience in major and private events. Visit our website and YouTube page for more info, video footage, reviews, and photos! Our only goal is to make sure every client is completely satisfied! Our business expands every year because of our hard work, perfection, and the referrals we get from our current and past clients. We have a neat and unique set up setting us apart from everyone else. Feel free to contact us anytime with questions.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Prince George's County, Bowie, MD DC, MD, & Northern VA (202) 704-1963

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Haydar A

James at Ideal Media DJHD is second to none. I have been to a lot of weddings where the dance floor goes unused by the guest, the flow of the wedding is not smooth and feels mechanical or guests can simply not understand what the DJ is saying due to bad sound quality. I was... Read More worried about all of these things when picking a DJ. James really does know how to keep your guest having a great time on the dance floor, he can read a crowd and plays a great mix of music (romantic, trendy, 80's, international he has it ALL) to keep guest happy and the party going. He is a wonderful master of ceremony as he effortlessly directs the guest to different events. While we had a time line of all the nights events he did not make the party feel rushed and we were able to smoothly go from dinner to dancing to cake cutting ect. with out any awkwardness. We also used James for our lighting and drapes and we could not be happier with how every thing looked. James was very patient through out the whole planning process. He is quick to answer any questions through email and find solutions for problems that arise. Although we used the same ball room for the wedding ceremony and for the reception he was able to make the atmosphere and ambiance of the ball room feel completely different for the two events. The ceremony felt romantic and cozy, while the reception was beautiful, open and fun. The draping and uplights were masterfully done and we has so many compliments on how beautiful everything looked (even by hotel event staff!). We also has him do a gobo light with our names on that shined on the dance floor to add an extra special touch. James is a true professional and knows his weddings, I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone I know that is looking to make their wedding venue look stunning and for the music/dancing to be a blast.

2015-09-18T09:16:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks again Crystal and I'm glad you had a great time on your special day. I hope you and your husband truly enjoy your marriage and I appreciate being part of your wedding day. Best wishes from Ideal Media!

Fantastic DJ

Reviewed on 4/28/2015

We could not have been happier with Ideal Media DJHD. Once all the details were ironed out before hand the execution was flawless, we never had to worry once about the DJ after the reception started. Highly recommended.

2015-09-18T09:18:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the review and for choosing me as your wedding DJ! I had a great time and am glad that you and your guests did too. Best wishes in your marriage!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Eric M

James (Ideal Media) was our favorite wedding vendor! To start, the price he quoted was great on a custom package. Super low key and easy to work with, he toured the reception property early on with us (even before we had it under contract!), gave advice on lighting and sound,... Read More left us an event info survey, then checked in a week before the wedding to remind us to send the survey in, and finally spoke by phone two days before to confirm all the details, right down to the correct pronunciation and order of the wedding party. We had planned on bringing our own 13 uplights, but could not, and he provided it for us with no problem. He arrived the day of, three hours before start time, and had everything set up. We loved the option to put white covers on the sound equipment and James included for free a white lighted frontboard for the DJ table, which he also brought himself. We upgraded to three 15" speakers (worth it!) and a single pipe and drape behind the sweetheart table (worth it!), as well as two party lights. We'd have been fine without the party lights, but they did spice up the dance floor. James' music selections were spot on, and he was able to mix Nigerian and American songs for our international wedding reception seamlessly. The song selections had people on the dance floor for 90 minutes nonstop. People told us later they were tired and still couldn't stop dancing! James was involved throughout the night in coordinating with the photographers and us for updated flow and timing. We couldn't have been more pleased with the service. If you're looking for a DJ who is on the mic all night or one who gets on the dance floor with you, perhaps go elsewhere, but otherwise, James is definitely your man. You won't be disappointed. Awesome experience and top value. Absolutely would use again.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Tiffany M

My husband and I knew after our first meeting with James that he was the DJ for us. My husband can be a handful and James was able to roll with us and speak to both our needs. From there he was communicative throughout the process responding within 24/48 hours. We used both... Read More lighting and she services and both were ideal! The upkighting for our wedding really wowed us and our guests. James also kept our dance floor packed from start to finish.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Molly C

If you are looking for beautiful lighting, a responsive and patient vendor, and no fuss--look no further! James was absolutely amazing to work with. We knew we wanted some uplighting for the ceremony/reception and he recommended the number of lights we needed. He also... Read More happily worked with us to adjust that number to meet our budget. He was one of our easiest vendors to work with and everything turned out beautifully. We honestly could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you James and Ideal Media for helping to make our wedding day perfect!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Celia J

James with Ideal Media provided top notch service to me for my husband's 40th Birthday Party. I was extremely pleased with the DJ services we received. James was really easy to work with and flexible to my desires. He went above the required and even provided some A/V assistance... Read More to me with setting up the slide show that I wanted displayed. I 100% recommend Ideal Media for your DJ needs.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Brian M

We hired James to provide DJ/MC services for our wedding in August '15. James was easy to work with, assisted us with the timeline of events, and met us prior to the big day for a walk through. He is very dedicated and proficient in what he does. Moreover, you cannot beat his... Read More rates! We would go with James, again and again if we had to do it over.

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Kristen H

We used Ideal Media DJHD for lighting during our wedding in August. The lighting really made the room pop and gave it a great elegant atmosphere. Although we had a small space and 20 up-lights were enough, the lights we had were so pretty, I wish we got more to spot/monogram the... Read More dance floor. Ideal Media DJHD was very responsive and easy to work with! They were prompt on arriving for setup and although our reception ran over, we were not charged anything extra or pressured to finish up so they could pick-up the lights. Of all the lighting companies I contacted, Ideal Media DJHD was the ONLY company that was willing to negotiate with us on pricing based on our wedding budget, especially since our wedding was on a Friday. Their pricing and overall service was great and I would absolutely use them or refer them for any party/wedding decor.

James DJHD

I've been in the wedding industry for around 10 years and LOVE working with couples to help make their most important day come true. I believe weddings are delicate events and should be handled by pros who are willing to put the time in to guarantee perfection. This isn't a hobby for me, but it's my full-time career. Me and my team average 120 events per year with 2/3 of them being weddings...and it's still growing! I started out as an AV Tech throughout DC, MD, & VA 12 years ago, then joined a DJ Agency a few years after, to later start my own business offering over 10 different services!