Idlewild Country Club

Flossmoor, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Perfect Place for your Special Day!

Fully customized events in an elegant setting with the uniqueness of being the sole event on your special day. The site features cathedral ceilings, floor to ceiling windows and an adjacent terrace which offers magnificent views. However, our hallmark is exquisite food and unsurpassed service.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

19201 Dixie Hwy, Flossmoor, IL

Highly Recommend - the best!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Brittany H

I wish I could pick 6 stars versus only 5! My husband and I are extremely grateful to Jen and Peter for making our wedding weekend better than we could have ever imagined! Pre-wedding prep started in January, and Jen was always quick to respond to my emails and calls. The food... Read More tasting was such a treat - similar to other reviews Chef Jeff and his team are just amazing! Idlewild also has great vendor recommendations from Garrett Design to Homewood Florists to Artlynn Photography. We had the ceremony rehearsal on Friday evening with a welcome party immediately following. With over 100 guests attending Friday I was concerned that it would feel like the wedding but Idlewild blocked off half of the room to create a perfect setting for our guests with food stations and open bar. Our guests had the best time and it was just the right way to start the weekend. The women's locker room is perfect for hair and make-up prep. Dela who manages the women's locker room went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed and set-up the most wonderful lunch for us. She was an amazing support before the ceremony and offered very wise advice all day. We had an outdoor ceremony and the scenery is perfect - great for wedding pictures! Idlewild offers butler style champagne immediately following the ceremony and served the most delicious apps during cocktail hour which then lead to very sizable meals and wine throughout dinner. Our reception was amazing and everyone said that they had never experienced such service and had better food at a wedding. We danced all night until 12:30am when the last Aries shuttle arrived. Jen and Peter were there throughout the weekend handling every detail, and we are extremely appreciative for their support and commitment to making it the most memorable weekend. Thank you also to the Idlewild staff and everyone who was involved! Highly recommend Idlewild Country Club and their team!

2015-10-01T12:10:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! It was so great getting to know both of you while planning your wedding day!! We are all so thrilled that we got to be a part of your special day!!! -Jen :)

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Stephanie L

Idlewild was the perfect place to host our wedding. We received many unsolicited compliments on how great the food was. Our guests said "It was the best wedding food we have ever had!" The value of the packages was also very reasonable (the price included everything). They,... Read More even, went to Taco Bell and White Castle to bring in 'late night' food for our guests, which was a must for my husband! In addition, Jen was great to work with...very easy-going and helpful! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone! :)

2015-08-05T11:06:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks Stephanie!! It was so great getting to know the two of you and helping you plan your wedding :) I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed everything including the delicious food!! See you around town!! -Jen

Perfect Spot for a Reception

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Karen S

We attended my sister's wedding here 5 years ago so it was on the top of our list for our wedding. We love the venue! It's large enough to accommodate our family and friends, but not so large or broken up too make tables feel too far in the back or off to the side. In the... Read More warmer months, you can open up the doors and be out on their very spacious deck. The food is phenomenal, we had so many guests come up to us and tell us how great it was. In fact, they are still talking about it 2 months later. They are also very helpful, we were able to work with Jen to find a package that fit our budget. Speaking of Jen, she was really great to work with. Any question, any concern, any change were answered and handled quickly. She made sure the night went perfectly and I am so grateful having her help us throughout the process. The night was perfect and I could not be happier of the space. A big bonus: you are the only event of the night! That's key, especially when you are getting married during the busy months when there are other weddings and proms on the same weekend.

2014-07-02T12:55:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks Karen!!! I'm so glad you decided to have your reception here too! It was great planning Ann's back in '08 and so much fun to see you and the family again 5 years later :) Best wishes always!!! See you at your little sister's... Read Less Read More

Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Katherine R

Idlewild was the PERFECT venue for our wedding! The room was absolutely stunning, the food was delicious, and the service was impeccable. Jen, the banquet manager, was so wonderful to work with. Her easy going yet professional demeanor helped ease any nerves I was feeling and... Read More made sure her and her staff had everything just the way we wanted for our special day. I would recommend Idlewild to any future brides! You are in FANTASTIC hands!

Absolutely amazing venue!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Ashley R

From the beginning idlewild was always a gracious host. They would give us prompt answers when we had questions and were always willing to meet with us. They went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Our wedding guests are still raving about how... Read More wonderful the food was, and how great the wait staff was. We are so happy we chose idlewild as our venue! I don't think we would have received this amazing service from anyone else!

2014-07-02T12:38:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review Ashley! I had a great time planning your special day with you :) Best wishes always!!! -Jen

Fantastic venue!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Jenni R

We could not have been happier with Idlewild and our wedding day experience. Once we booked the venue, we could not believe how accommodating and affordable it was. Idlewild keeps their costs down, but offers exceptional service. We received numerous compliments about how... Read More delicious the food was and our guests absolutely loved the club. One of the best parts of my day was getting ready with my 11 bridesmaids in the locker room. We had an amazing afternoon sipping on mimosas and eating a delicious light lunch. Jen was extremely flexible with accommodating our requests and made me feel so relaxed. I was the happiest bride on my wedding day. Everything went smoothly without any hiccups. Oh and the photos from our outdoor ceremony were absolutely beautiful!!! I highly recommend this venue to any couple who want an affordable wedding with great food, service and an amazing wedding planner by your side every step of the way. I am so grateful to Jen and all of the staff for making our wedding such a special day.

2013-08-21T14:43:01 Response from the vendor's Jen :) Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad I, along with my staff, were able to help make your wedding day as fun and stress free as possible! Congrats again and best wishes always!!!

Dream Day

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 anna t

From the day my fiance and I decided on Idlewild, the event coordinator, Jen, was so helpful, friendly, and accessible. Any questions we had, she quickly responded and gave so many helpful suggestions and tips. We loved the layout of the room, and so many of our guests said... Read More they loved having space to enjoy a drink but still see the dance floor. The food was fantastic - not too much and not overdone. I had many people compliment the meal and general service. The wait staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Since Idlewild has one room per evening, there is a true sense of care and personal attention to the wedding party and guests. We felt so special. The night went smoothly, and Jen was working behind the scenes with our DJ to make sure all transitions were smooth and clear. I loved our wedding reception and I would recommend Idlewild to anyone who asks. The space is great because you can transform it anyway you like, and Jen is more than willing to work to make sure things get done. It is surrounded by a beautiful golf course with large trees that are great for outdoor photos. Lastly, the price was very reasonable and competitive with many of the area country clubs we had researched. We were more than satisfied with everything we paid for. I highly recommend!!

2012-09-14T12:09:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review Anna! It was so great getting to know you and Tom and super fun planning your wedding! I'm so glad that you and your guests enjoyed the day. Many wishes for a lifetime of love and happiness! Talk to you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Jennifer P

I loved this place. It has a great layout. The food is excellent. Jen the catering manager is so helpful. The room looked great when all complete. My guests commented on how great everything was. Great view of the golf couse.

TO Idlewild Country Club