Ignite Lighting & Entertainment

Minnesota, Wisconsin

$$$$ – Expensive

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

P.O. Box 25381, Woodbury, MN Minnesota, Wisconsin (715) 563-4748

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Andrea F

Working with Ignite Lighting & Entertainment was one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day. JD was an incredible support to us throughout the entire planning process. On our wedding day I knew that I could count on him. He was more than prepared, on time, and very... Read More professional. I think everyone should go through Ignite Lighting & Entertainment for their special events!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Katie M

Hands down the best DJ, MC, and lighting technician!!!!!! JD made our wedding something to talk about!! JD warmed up the dining room with fantastic lighting for dinner and changed the mood lighting for the dance. His music selections kept the dance floor full the entire... Read More night!!!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Lindsey K

My husband and I wanted to have a very fun, personal ceremony/reception and boy did JD deliver. We first met JD at a friend's wedding and we were so impressed by his ideas & how smooth the reception flowed. He provided the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, MC'd... Read More the whole reception, put together our slideshow & provided the lighting. He also traveled several hours to meet us at our venue months before the wedding to go over details. He is such a professional & friendly person to work with. We've had so many compliments from guests on how great he was. You will not regret booking him!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Erin M

Hiring JD for our wedding was truly the best decision we made throughout this entire process. He is professional, knowledgable, responsive, articulate, and had so many great ideas for us to choose from to make our reception stand out. He made the most wonderful slideshow and... Read More introductions and truly made our night personal, special and unique. Numerous people told us that our wedding was one of the best they had ever been at and nearly all the compliments we got throughout our reception were about something JD had done for us. He made our reception something that we will remember for the rest of our lives and we are truly so grateful for all he did. He is worth every penny and more.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Tony C

I highly recommend Ignite Lighting and Entertainment! I can't say enough wonderful things about JD and the impact he had on making our day perfect. He was professional and helpful from our very first meeting. He went above and beyond and all of my guests commented on what an... Read More amazing job he did. I'm so grateful for his knowledge and couldn't imagine having any other DJ.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Amy W

We HIGHLY recommend JD if you are able to book him. Our guests were on the dance floor the whole night! He is experienced and professional. The venue even commented on how well he was able to keep the party going. Luckily we booked him for a Sunday wedding, so we were able to... Read More receive a nice discount, but he's worth every penny of the regular pricing too!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Holly J

JD was amazing! We booked him kind of last minute because we had a short engagement and we were lucky enough that he was available for our date. He was great! He made our reception wonderful and so fun! He has a great personality that was easy to work with. His lighting was... Read More SO BEAUTIFUL! The room looked exactly as I imagined. I wish we would had more time to work with him because he had a lot more ideas that with a little more time, would have been wonderful to work into our reception. I would most definitely recommend him to anyone. So professional and so fun!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Sara B

JD asked us in our first meeting to use three words we wanted our guests to use when describing our wedding, and through the process of having JD as our Master of Ceremonies and DJ, we found three words to describe him: professional, supportive, and creative! He was... Read More unbelievably professional! He responded promptly to emails and made time to meet with us personally. At the wedding, many guests commented to us how professional JD was in his suit! Our guests also loved his fun personality and he was very courteous of their requests. He served as a Master of Ceremonies and kept the night running smoothly to our plan. JD was also very supportive in helping plan our wedding. Many friends of ours are getting married and through our conversations with them, I've learned how much JD helped us in planning a great wedding! He isn't just a guy who plays classic hits, he has the experience and knows what works! He helped us plan our whole reception from start to finish! It felt great and took so much stress off of us! We were confident in JD helping us throw our party, and even when I got scared that I wasn't ahead of planning our day or our wedding wasn't special, JD came through and helped ease my nerves! You can't put a price on that when planning the biggest party of your life! JD was open to our ideas and helped us incorporate our lives into the party. He has many creative ideas that helped open our eyes and "wow-ed" our guests. He suggested a video love story that had the whole place crying! He also helped us write introductions for our wedding party and run our sports gauntlet kiss activity! JD also provided lighting for the event that helped pull everything together! Many guests commented on how fancy the venue looked with his lighting techniques. His creativity was essential in helping us throw our party that was memorable, classy, and fun!

My Husband wanted a fun party and JD delivered!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Alyssa J

My husband and I sat down and went over the basics in the very beginning. The first question I asked him was: “do you want something small and intimate or a big party”. His answer was big party. Throughout the whole planning process, all he cared about was the atmosphere of... Read More the evening. Although you may be think, “We need to hire a DJ”, it’s more than that. There’s a difference between a DJ and a Master of Ceremonies and we’ve been to enough weddings to know the difference. JD brings another level to your wedding. He’s a fun guy and great showman. I think a lot of people can buy the equipment and throw a playlist together, but JD brings the entertainment to another level. We didn’t need to rent a photo booth or any of those other shenanigans in order to entertain our guest; JD had everyone dancing throughout the night! In fact, we had bar games (life size jenga, ext.) in the corner of the ballroom, but everyone was on the dance floor! From the beginning of the night he directed our guests to find their tables, kept our schedule on track for toasts, and put together one of the best first dances many of our guests had ever seen. It set the tone for the night and everyone was laughing, crying (the good kind), and dancing till the lights came on. Our first dance was something I’m still hearing about. A lot of people are doing videos where the bride and groom are asked questions about the other and the cutesy answers are revealed the night of. We did things a little differently with a “First dance love story”. My husband and I took turns on a voice recorder answering questions like “how did you first meet”, “When did you know they were the one”, and so on. He took our best answers and dubbed them over our first dance song. There are very few times people stop and intently watch the first dance at weddings (this is usually the cue to go to the bar right?), everyone was standing around the dance floor watching. I could hear all of the awes in the crowd as my husband’s answers came on… he even surprised me with the answers he gave. I heard so many women say they cried during it and men told me “It was so cool”. It brought a common tradition to another level. JD spent the entire night making sure every song we wanted to play had been put in. It was perfect. I’m so glad we booked him. He made the night everything my husband asked for and then some! He has several different add-ons to choose from, but his basic package is more than reasonable. We ended up using him for full up lighting and GOBO design which was an extra cost, but very reasonable considered to other vendors. Did I mention he met with us in Milwaukee, WI, where we live, so that we could iron out details? I would recommend JD to anyone who wants an unforgettable party!!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Sarah S

JD exceeded all our expectations for our wedding! We live three hours away from JD and our wedding venue and we were having a tough time finding a day that we could come and meet with JD. JD had a really easy solution... He drove to us and this was just for an initial... Read More consultation (we hadn't even signed a contract yet)! Not only was JD very professional and easy to work with, but he also had some really cool ideas to make our wedding unique. JD did all the ceremony music and reception entertainment on the day of our wedding and everything went off without a hitch. We've received a lot of compliments on how smoothly our wedding went and DJ was a big part of that. I'd highly recommend JD to anyone looking for quality and fun entertainment!!!

We wouldn't use or recommend anyone else

Reviewed on 9/13/2013

We shopped around the Eau Claire, WI area to meet with several DJ's/DJ services. JD was the only one (out of 3 or 4 meetings) who actually asked us what we want our wedding day/night to look like. All the others just handed us a sheet of check boxes next to what equipment we... Read More want to rent and which pre-selected songs we wanted played. JD had a very professional yet personable approach. All of our discussions were two-way communications about how to achieve our perfect wedding while being realistic. JD was the perfect total package: He had the sound equipment, he had the up-lighting (which made the night a million times better), he had guides to help us stay organized, and he was the master of ceremonies coordinating our night and making sure things and people were where they needed to be. We had a fairly non-traditional wedding and JD was there to support us and our requests all the way. Due to circumstances, we got an extra hour of reception time from our venue and JD surprised us by playing that extra hour for free! A few of our guests had requests for music that JD didn't have in his library. He proceeded to download those songs and they were played within the next few tracks. There was never a dull moment on the dance floor. He read the crowd and reacted to keep the night alive. I can't say enough about JD. He was professional, courteous, a value-add to the Wedding Couple/Photographer/Venue/DJ team that was critical to making our night. He took our input and gave great suggestions. Our first meeting he gave us a hardcover "How to make a great wedding reception" book that we used as a guide in creating our perfect night. We received so much good feedback from our guests and the ones getting married soon asked how to get in contact with him. We would use him for any event we have in Eau Claire.

JD is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013

As a 20+ year veteran of the nightclub and restaurant business in Chicago I had very high standards for our DJ. JD blew all of those expectations out of the water. He was: 1. Professional - this guy like to dress up and host a party! 2. Organized - Holy smokes! His... Read More materials to get you from point A to point Z are incredibly thorough and when you have a question he responds quickly - giving suggestions and helping you through the process as you plan the wedding. 3. Entertaining! JD interacted with our guests throughout the reception. This took a considerable amount of pressure off of my bride and I and allowed us to enjoy the reception that much more. 4. Responsive. (I hope my mom doesn't see this!) When we had a couple on the floor (my mother and I) that just weren't in step, a quick signal to JD brought the dance to a nice, comfortable close. Everybody was happy and JD understood exactly what was needed. This guy is top notch! Melissa, myself, and just about everyone in the room that night would recommend JD for any wedding or corporate event. If I could give this guy 10 stars I would.

JD is the BEST DJ I've ever come across!

Reviewed on 8/17/2012 Ashley H

If I could give JD Fisher a million star rating instead of 5 I would! He is the most friendly, professional and fun DJ out there! We were recommended to him by a friend as affordable, their guests couldn’t stop raving about him, and that he was really helpful---BOY WERE THEY... Read More RIGHT! Now I’m the one recommending him to others. He made our wedding day so much more memorable---great ideas for making the reception unique and funny entrance ideas for the grand march! He will help you with every step of the process, even by coordinating with your other vendors to make sure everything works together. He has a great sense of humor, is willing to meet with you on your schedule and will bend over backwards to do everything perfectly! If available, pick him over any other DJ---he will NOT disappoint. If he doesn’t have songs you are looking for, he will get them, if he needs to meet with you last minute or reschedule appointments to do so, he will do it! He is a huge stress relief during one of the most stressful planning experiences of every bride’s life. He also does uplighting which are those colored lights along the wall in your wedding colors---that definitely dresses up even the most budget friendly of places making it look that much more special!

Nothing Better

Reviewed on 11/15/2011 Nicole F

JD Fischer from Midwest Entertainment did an AWESOME job at our wedding. He played everything we asked him to and more. We even had him help us with our crazy "guess the year of the song" kissing game. Everything was great and we received so many compliments after the reception.... Read More Truly a winner!

This is an awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 9/14/2011 Kristin L

After an extensive search JD was the first DJ that my husband and I liked and felt good about. He was able to do everything that we requested and made our day turn out perfect!

A great wedding day investment.

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Jess N

Working with JD and Midwest Entertainment was the best choice my husband and I made for the whole wedding reception. He is courteous, professional, and easy to work with all the while still making everything fun. JD is a joy to be around, and I would recommend him to anyone for... Read More any event. If you are lucky enough to book with him, you are in great and responsible hands. Go with Midwest Entertainment and you will not be sorry you did!

Review for Midwest Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Nicole F

He was professional and made an effort to make the night fit our personality. He was attentive to the audience-- he changed the song if it seemed that people were leaving the floor. He incorporated activities for kids.