Modern Classic Wedding Photography

I am a lifestyle photographer and i specialize in weddings. I love color, natural light, and love. I am drawn toward clients that like to let go and have fun! I love outside weddings and the more details the better. Your wedding day is so special and magical, the images from that day should be fine art and as unique as you are...

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Bohemia, NY Hamptons, Long Island, NYC (631) 739-3958

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jenna M

Ina. I don't quite know how to start a review on this amazing woman. Not only is she an incredible, hardworking, exuberant, and gets the right shot every time kind of photographer, but she is an astounding person as well. I actually met Ina at a friend of mine's wedding. She was... Read More the photographer and we had an instant connection. She made the entire group feel so comfortable and wanted us to be ourselves. We started joking that she was our long lost best friend that we never knew existed. Three years later when my now husband proposed, Ina was the first and only vendor we were absolutely 100% sure on immediately following the engagement. We had our initial engagement shoot with Ina on a super chilly November day on the water in LI. Despite the icy wind and cold rainy ocean air, Ina worked her tail off. She was not only patient with me when I wanted to change my outfit 105686 times out in the elements, but she embraced it. It became a part of the whole experience. My husband is a photographer, and has spent essentially his whole life behind the camera. Naturally, he had his reservations about doing an engagement shoot and being the focus for a change. Ina had a way about shooting that made everything feel so private and intimate. There were moments where we almost even forgot she was there, while she still had such a strong direction. We couldn't have been more thrilled with the engagement photos. My favorite thing about these photos was hearing all of our family and friends who know us better than anyone tell us that they perfectly capture who we are as individuals, as well as a couple. We had a similar experience with our wedding day shoot, except better. I can say all the same things, but now she was working with 18 others. We had a very large wedding party and Ina gracefully and powerfully managed everyone with perfect direction and ease. Based on her sneak peak, which we received barely 2 days after our wedding, she had a full understanding and deep seeded connection to the vision that we had created. She committed full heartedly to capturing every detail in the most elegant and creative way. As the bride, she made me feel beautiful, comfortable, and completely confident on the day that every bride needs those things most. Ina, truly made the whole experience just a little bit easier. I would recommend her 1000 times over. Have no reservations. If you are lucky enough to call yourself her bride/couple, then you are lucky enough.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Kathryn S

Ina, you were absolutely AMAZING, from the engagement shoot to the wedding day! You listened to exactly what we wanted and captured all the moments perfectly! I have to say I did not even notice you were at my wedding :) so polite and got all the moments that I wanted! I will be... Read More using you again for all my photography needs!

2018-01-09T20:48:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much to me

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Teresa R

Ina was a pleasure to work with! We're huge fans of supporting small business owners, and upon first meeting her in February 2016, we knew she was the right photographer for us. She delivered fresh, crisp, yet classic photography. You can't go wrong with Ina! She consulted with... Read More us on wardrobe, location scouting and even making sure to bring water bottles for us during our hot filled with sunshine day. We loved the photos from our engagement session and we cannot wait for her to shoot our big day. She's so talented and really cares about making every shot perfect. Thank you Ina, can't wait for the big day.

2018-01-09T20:49:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your kind words

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Sharon K

Ina is an amazing photographer. She documents the details of the BIG DAY with an artist's eye. She captures the glances, the smiles, the embraces that tell a story of love and bliss. She does the same with any of the moments that come after the start of "forever". She has... Read More photographed my family numerous times and each time she manages to capture the blessings and beauty of our forever in progress. She is unobtrusive and has a presence that allows her clients to just relax and be themselves. She has a visionary's mind and delivers beautiful, authenic images everytime. We keep booking her again and again. She is quality.

2018-01-09T20:50:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. I am so thankful for clients like you

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Natalie D

Ina is literally the best photographer I have ever worked with. Our engagement photos were absolutely stunning. Ina was very creative, initiating many diverse poses in her photos She had a real talent for displaying not only the outside beauty of our location (NYC), but also the... Read More connection me and my fiancee share. She deserves awards and kudos for all the wonderful work she does. A real talent! Thank you Ina! Natalie David

2018-01-09T20:51:28 Response from the vendor

Awe, Thanks so much guys

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 kristen j

Absolutely Incredible! I have so many amazing things to say about Ina. The way she genuinely cared about us and made sure she listened to what was important to us. The care and time she took to answer all our questions and give us helpful suggestions that made our day that much... Read More better. The communication we had and the effortless way she guided us through our wedding day. The most amazing engagement session that helped me connect with my now husband in a whole new way and felt like the best date ever. The way she continued to care for us after the wedding to insure we had the most amazing legacy art book to cherish for generations to come. I could go on, but in the end, all you need to know is that having Ina as your wedding photographer will be the best decision you make. She was even more wonderful then I had imagined.

2018-01-09T20:52:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. Such a pleasure

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Manina S

Ina and her staff are seriously amazing. Being a photographer, he has an instrumental role in how the day plays out. She was on top of everything, met with us a few days before to finalize details and get an idea of what type of couple we were and what our vision was for the... Read More day. Let me just say, the pictures are absolutely perfect, they are everything I hoped for and more. She got all the shots we wanted and didn't bother my husband or me on the big day with small details, She just got it done. Her vision is definitely one to be trusted 100%. Hire Ina for your next bridal shower, wedding, anniversary party, ANYTHING and she will deliver timeless memories that will have you crying tears of joy. She's just an all around cool chick that made all the guests feel very comfortable both during posed pictures and action shots, which is really important because people can get so awkward in photos. Ina put everyone at ease. Do yourself a favor and hire Ina!

2018-01-09T20:53:35 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Bianca L

As a bridesmaid for 3 separate weddings photographed by Ina, I can honestly say that she is the most talented and overall fabulous photographer I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Ina's creativity and ability to capture every special moment in such a natural way never... Read More seizes to amaze me. On top of it all, she's just a fantastic human being and such a pleasure to be around. My only wish is that I knew Ina a few years back when I got married, because that is who without a doubt I would have chosen to capture my special day. She's one of a kind!

2018-01-09T20:54:02 Response from the vendor

Awe, Thank you so much

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Emily D

Ina photographed our wedding this past weekend and we could not be more thrilled with the sneak peek of photos we just received (less than 24 hours later!). We loved our engagement photos with her so much, but are completely in awe of our wedding photos! Prior to the engagement... Read More shoot, we were nervous about being photographed so much and didn't really know what to expect. Ina made us feel so comfortable and captured amazing and natural photos of us. She is sweet, lovely, professional, incredibly talented and all of our wedding party raved about how great she was all day. When speaking with her ahead of the wedding, she had amazing suggestions and made us feel completely at ease about the overall day and also getting the best shots that we wanted. Family and friends were very impressed by her professionalism and ability to accommodate last minute requests as well as capture every little detail. We can't say enough good things about her and are so grateful to have had her as our photographer!!

2018-01-09T20:54:38 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Katie F

We had the pleasure of having Ina as our photographer for our wedding in July. Ina has an incredible talent and beautiful eye. I knew I wanted her as my photographer after I saw the engagement photos of friend of mine. We were scheduled to have our engagement photos on our... Read More boat, but the weather was horrible. Ina was nice enough to meet us anyway for coffee so we could get to know her more, she was very accommodating when I said I wanted to wait until the spring, early summer to do the engagement photos because I really wanted to take them on the boat and in the water. When the day finally arrived we took Ina out on our boat, and she was finding every possible angle to get her beautiful shots, including basically hanging off the top of the boat. The day of the wedding she came to my house and made herself at home to get all the detail shots (which is a great thing) because it meant not having to ask me questions while I was trying to get ready, I almost forgot she was even there . When looking at our final photos I kept asking my mom, did you even see her take this ? I had no idea she was getting some of the shots of me that she did. I am so happy, because I really wanted candid getting ready photos and she nailed it ! My husband and I were hesitant about having engagement photos but Ina said it helps us get better shots for the wedding day, and we could not agree more. My husband was so happy that we did the engagement shoot, because it made him feel much more comfortable in front of the camera on the wedding day. She really has a beautiful eye, that is very fresh and romantic. If you are looking for something more artistic and personal, then Ina is your girl.

2018-01-09T20:55:40 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Shannon P

Ina is a gem and I would recommend her to every bride!! I love her photography style (bright and natural!) and her easy-going personality. We were very particular about choosing the right photographer not only because we wanted bright/natural lighting/not too pose-y style... Read More photos, but also because we wanted to make sure we weren't choosing someone that would just bark out orders at us the day of our wedding. We wanted a calming, relaxing person who would make us feel at ease through all the hype and anxiety, and not be overbearing and make us pose for a million and one shots - and Ina and her team were absolutely perfect and just the right amount of inconspicuous but able to capture the most amazing, true and real moments of our wedding. She got to know us, observed us and listen to us and did an amazing job. We love you Ina!!!!

2018-01-09T20:56:30 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Michael R

The part of my wedding I was dreading the most was the pictures. That is until I met Ina. She is such an amazing person and a tremendous photographer. Our pictures came out amazing, Ina and her wonderful team ensured our unforgettable moments and memories were captured without... Read More feeling like I was just a robot in front of a camera. She put up with my terrible jokes and unrelenting sarcasm. Im sure it's a huge task to sort through all of the pictures taken however Ina found the time to give us a sneak peak only a day after the wedding! Incredible. Thank you so much, Ina!!! Can't wait to work with you again!!!! :)

2018-01-09T20:57:05 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ashley G

Ina is amazing! We found Ina through The Knot and were very hopeful just looking through her portfolio. Meeting with her to review the details, we knew she would be a perfect fit. Our engagement photo shoot was not only natural and helped capture our personalities, but she... Read More helped us feel incredibly comfortable in front of the camera. All of our photos from the wedding are beautiful, artistic, and timeless. I recommend Ina to anyone I know for weddings, engagements, and maternity shoots. We can't wait to use her again to capture future special moments.

2018-01-09T20:57:22 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Joe W

In a word, Ina is AMAZING! We had met with a number of other photographers a few months before our wedding but only Ina made us feel so comfortable and at ease the moment we spoke with her. You could tell that she cared more about the quality of her work and making us happy than... Read More she did about nickel & diming us. Her prices are extremely fair and she is a joy to work with. We booked her for our engagement photos & wedding day. Our family and friends had so much fun working with her and she found a way to capture the feeling an emotion of the day, rather than your typically staged wedding photos. The way she uses light to capture the moment in every photo was exactly what Claire and I were looking for and the result was stunning. We would recommend Ina McConnell to anyone looking for a professional yet goofy photographer to be a part of your special day.

2018-01-09T20:57:41 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Megan D

We've hired Ina as our wedding photographer for our upcoming wedding this summer. We recently got back our engagement pictures and couldn't be happier! All of the pictures came out amazing, friends and family can't stop complementing the pictures and pointing out every perfect... Read More detail. Over the weekend we were trying to pick a picture for save the dates. We had one picture we loved in black and white, but wanted it in color for the save the dates. I emailed Ina for the color version and she had it for me within hours! We can't wait to work with Ina on our big day!for

2018-01-10T20:50:22 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lindsey F

Ina came recommended to me by a friend at work. At the time, my sister was getting married and I passed along Ina’s contact to her. My sister used Ina for her wedding and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. From her incredible energy to her stealthy ability to blend... Read More into the party, Ina has an editorial eye that captures every moment. My fiancé and I had just started dating around my sisters wedding and Ina took some of the first pictures of the two of us. The day my fiancé proposed, there was no question that Ina would also photograph our wedding. When I called Ina, I remember being nervous, hoping she did not have another wedding already book. Ina immediately started thinking about our engagement shoot trying to get to know my fiancé and I better so the shoot captured whom we are. Our shoot was a true out of reality experience. Ina had organized outfits, sending me a dress from Rent the Runway and bringing some of her own clothes to make sure I was comfortable, had props set up, flowers, multiple locations where we would be shooting- I truly felt like a celebrity for the day. My fiancé and I had such a good time taking pictures with Ina. We laughed a lot and felt completely comfortable- which is not an easy feat when someone is taking intimate pictures of you. The next day Ina had a ‘sneak peak’ of our session. I was blown away. Stunning does not do justice to the way Ina captured us simply walking down a brick path and frolicking on the beach. I can’t stop thinking that if these were just our engagement photos what are our wedding pictures going to look like. I am so looking forward for our wedding day!

2018-01-09T20:58:22 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Katie R

We love Ina! She made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot and at our wedding. When we were looking for a photographer, we knew we wanted a certain style and Ina had it! Her photos are beautiful and she is creative and fun! While I was getting ready on my wedding... Read More day, Ina was taking photos of some details: my engagement ring, wedding bands, hair piece, invitation, and even my christening gown that happened to be in my parents bedroom at the time; My mom came over to me with tears in her eyes as she described how Ina was taking the photos. Ina is truly passionate about photography and about details and you see it in her work! We can't wait to work with her again!

2018-01-10T20:50:36 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Julianne S

Ina is simply amazing!! When we first met, I instantly knew she was "the one"! She is personable, shared her ideas and listened to what our vision was for our big day. We couldn't have been happier with our engagement pictures, and were surprised by how quickly they were... Read More delivered. She answered all questions and clarified all details leading up to the wedding day. As far as the big day, we again, could not have been happier!! Ina came to the hotel where we were staying and took time to take pictures of all of the little details of the day (dresses, flowers, cufflinks, shoes, invitations, jewelry, etc.). She instantly made everyone in the wedding party comfortable. Ina truly captured the love, joy, happiness and the uniqueness of our venue and church in her photos. We were thrilled to receive our "sneak peek" within 24 hours of our wedding. We were so pleasantly surprised of all the intimate details and emotion she captured, all the time, not realizing she was even there. We cannot wait to see our final album!! Thank you, Ina!

2018-01-10T20:50:52 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Christopher D

After Faryl and I got engaged, the first thing that everyone asked (after saying congratulations) was: who’s going to photograph your wedding?! Since we’re both photographers – her professionally, me as a hobbyist; and having shot a number of weddings together, it was obviously... Read More something that was important to us both. We had a very specific style in mind, and we knew exactly what we were looking for. When we first came across Ina’s work, we were immediately impressed. It had a very “journalistic” look and feel. Her images seemed more natural, and not so much like she was posing the couples that she was shooting. She captured real, candid emotions – and that’s what we wanted. Of course, we did want the more classic “poses”, but we mainly wanted someone who could capture the candid emotions of the day. The first time we met her, we knew we were making the right choice. She was extremely friendly, easy-going, and she was eager to hear our ideas. Our engagement session was so relaxed, and so much fun. Ina had no problem including our pit bull, Nola, in the shoot. She made us feel so comfortable, and we were able to enjoy the shoot – and the pictures reflected that. She met with us a few weeks before our wedding (at the venue), just to go over any last minute requests or details that we wanted to share. She walked around the venue with us to get the lay of the land, and see where we might be able to shoot on the day of the wedding. On the day of the wedding, things couldn’t have gone more smoothly from our perspective. Ina was ready to go bright and early (with her assistant). They both did an amazing job capturing the day itself, down to all of the tiny details. Faryl and I never felt pressured or stressed. We got a few teaser shots the next day, and a quick little slideshow as well. We were SO happy with the teasers, and can’t wait for the rest of the images!

2016-10-14T11:50:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was such a pleasure working with you as well.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Lauren B

Ina is by far the best photographer! She is so much fun to work with and her pictures are absolutely breathtaking!! She made our engagement and wedding photos fun and never made us feel awkward or forced! She even made me run across a field in my wedding dress because I was... Read More wearing sneakers! She is so personable and fun to work with! She also makes sure you can enjoy your day and doesn't take you away from the party! She loves taking candids and stays kind of behind the scenes! I've been to many weddings where other photographers take the bride and groom for most of the time and they miss out on their celebration! We are patiently waiting for the rest of our photos but the preview we got has us on our toes! We cannot wait for the rest! I highly recommend Ina, she is amazing!

2018-01-10T20:51:07 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Natan L

Ina is a great photographer. We did not have a chance to use our engagement photo shoot yet,so our first meeting was on the day of our wedding. She is very sweet and it was a pleasure working with her and her photographers, we enjoyed it very much. She responds quickly to emails... Read More and phone calls and is punctual. The pictures came out amazing. Ina has vision, she is direct, and does not waste time. She is willing to use our photo ideas and puts her twist on them to make them better! She did a great job setting up the poses in every picture in a variety of ways. During the wedding, everything went smoothly, Ina and her photographers were invisible, they were on top of everything, and took great shots the entire day. Would definitely recommend her and her crew to anyone. Thanks Ina!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Jennifer S

My husband and I found Ina through my brother and SIL. She did their engagement, boudoir, and wedding photos. We had a tough area to shoot since we were getting married in Brooklyn bridge park and wanted someone who was familiar with the area. Ina came through amazingly. We got... Read More married July 22nd and we received our sneak peek within 24 hours. She is truly amazing at capturing the perfect moment. I know how hard shooting outside can be and she really did a great job of capturing our personalities and the wonderful view. I can't wait to receive all of our photos back.

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Lisa d

Ina goes above and beyond to make your experience working with her amazing!! She is a very reliable and professional photographer but has a way about I her that makes you instantly comfortable when working with her. The pictures that she shot for me came out absolutely beautiful... Read More and I will be sure to tell all of my friends about them!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

I love Ina!! She is a dream photographer!! I read somewhere that it is important to find a photographer you feel comfortable around because you will be with them all day on the most important day of your life---Ina is so easy going, sweet, kind and fun to be around!! My... Read More bridesmaids just adored her...and she was able to laugh at the crazy antics of the groomsmen. NOT TO MENTION, every single photo she took is absolutely breathtaking!! So romantic, whimsical and perfect for our dreamy beach wedding. We can't speak highly enough of Ina!!

2016-07-20T12:40:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jenna. I am so happy i got to hang with you & Joe and your loved ones. It was an absolute pleasure being part of your big day. Xoxoxoxo

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Meghan H

Nelson and I had our wedding this past March and Ina was such a crucial part of our big day! She made every moment fun (even though it was freezing). We loved her professionalism and dedication to the details of our wedding. We look back at our photos and have amazing intimate... Read More memories of our wedding day. And to top it off our guests noticed how great she was! We had quite a few compliments from our guests about how well she blended into our wedding. We can't say thank you enough to Ina for adding great memories to our wedding.

2016-07-20T12:41:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Megan. I truly appreciated everything about being your wedding photographer. It was such an honor. xoxoxo

Ina

While working in the heart of Manhattan's fashion district, Ina found wedding photography and fell in love with the idea of creating timeless images with an editorial feel. Her work has been featured on The Knot, Style Me Pretty, Wedding Chicks, Refinery 29, Beauty and Lifestyle magazine, Hampton's Weddings and many prints, including The Knot, Well Wedd etc. She currently resides in Long Island, NY but ready to travel the world for the perfect capture.