Images By Daniel Michael

Tri-State Area & Destinations from Europe to the Caribbean

It's not just an image. It's a moment!

It is the best day of your life forever in photos. We hire photographers based on genuine, personal qualities and then use the most extensive training in the area to provide quality and variety that is unique to your day. The most important aspect of your wedding is that you enjoy every moment. Our entire focus from your first contact with us till your photos are in hand is to make it as easy and enjoyable as you could hope for. The photography is genuine because the photographers are. Your photos will be stunning but will never stop looking like you and showcasing your style.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

110 W Benson st, Reading, OH Tri-State Area & Destinations from Europe to the Caribbean (513) 759-6760

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jennah G

First off, the simplest thing I can say is that we knew we were going to pick Daniel Michael within the first few minutes of talking with him, and he was our first and only appointment. To begin, he could not be a better guy and so clearly want your wedding to be perfect. He... Read More takes so much time to make sure he has a great feeling about what you want captured, how you want your photos to turn out, and what is truly important to you. Nothing about the processes or your day has focus on him. Our photos turned out to be absolutely incredible. We ended up with so many shots showcasing the greatest memories of the day and showing off our guests. The photos are such high quality and we now have too many photos that we want to hang on the wall. We couldn’t say enough good things about him, or the photojournalists who accompanied him through the day. Two other important notes, we absolutely loved working with him, besides the photo quality. We looked forward to all of our meetings, and even though we spent a lot of hours just talking, we could have spent many more. Second, we were so impressed with how much he cares about his fellow Cincinnati vendors. It was really refreshing to hear him say so many good things about fellow people in his profession and make such great recommendations. We really couldn’t say enough good things about Daniel Michael and would recommend him to anyone.

2016-10-18T17:57:17 Response from the vendor

Your wedding couldn't have been a more perfect example of what every bride dreams of! I'm glad it lived up to expectations! Thanks so much for mentioning the more personal side. As you know, it's what matters most to me!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Sarah G

Meggie, the photographer and her assistant, Hope, were amazing. My husband and I usually hate having photos taken but both of them managed to make us feel relaxed & comfortable in front of the camera. In addition, communication w/ Daniel Michael's office was always easy; they... Read More were always prompt to respond to any questions and/or concerns which is very important to me. The photos of our wedding day are beautiful; I couldn't be happier. Meggie & Hope captured several great candid photos and we love the photos of us & all of our family outside. I can't wait to start framing them! Thanks again!

2016-10-12T21:43:44 Response from the vendor

This makes me so happy! We take great pride in making having your photo taken easy, fun and beautiful! I'll make sure Meggie and Hope see this!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Abbey D

I went to one bridal show and found Lauren from Daniel Michael. I was in love with her. We went for a visit spoke with Daniel and booked with Lauren the next day. Everything was perfect from engagement pictures to wedding pictures. We were (I was) a crazy couple and she got... Read More along with us and we had fun with her. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and I think that came across in the photos she took. We haven't made it through all of them yet, but the ones we have seen were more than I could have imagined. We did not have video done, but she has given us memories to share for a lifetime and remember how special our day was. She captured what we saw and what we missed that day, and I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you Lauren, we love you and your work. And hope to work with you again in the future. Love, Abbey and Matt Wulf

2016-10-12T21:57:37 Response from the vendor

I love this. It's so sweet and personal. Lauren loved it. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Sarah L

We LOVED working with Daniel Michael's team! It was easy to fall in love with Daniel and his philosophies when we met with him and we both knew our decision was made when we left that studio! We were blessed with Meggie as a Senior photographer and would not have wanted it any... Read More other way. Meggie went out of her way prior to our engagement session to introduce herself and get to know us over e-mail. It was great to get to know her more and learn how to work together during our engagement session.. She was open to my (Pinterest) ideas and of course showed off her skills of creativity, too! Meggie made planning the wedding day timeline and photography details easy, it was clear that she knew what she was talking about! Meggie and her team (Casey and Amanda) showed up on the wedding day ready to take on the day, and boy, did they rock it! We were SO thrilled to work with these three, even my family members were coming up to me telling me my photographers were awesome! It was important to us to have our dog there with us for the big day, which worked out well because Meggie is also a dog lover and was patient during the moments when Zoey might not have been totally cooperative. :) Everything was so perfect and that could not have been possible without Meggie's extra touches to building the relationship with the bride and groom. Not to mention, our pictures turned out AWESOME! We are so happy with both our engagement pictures as well as the wedding day pictures, I love to show them off any chance I get! Thank you, Daniel Michael, Meggie & team, for making our wedding day the best day ever! We will forever recommend your studio to our engaged friends.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Kerri M

We can't Thank You enough! Our photos turned out AMAZING. You guys were extremely professional, kind, and understanding through the entire process. Our wedding photographer SAMANTHA REID did a wonderful job. We can't believe how great the photos turned out. We were so lucky to... Read More have Samantha as our photographer. We really wanted a photo on the Roebling Bridge and Samantha made it happen. The photo is STUNNING. We would recommend Images by Daniel Michael to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Alex J

Daniel Michael was awesome for our wedding day. My husband is not one to take pictures and Daniel managed to get great shots all day and night! I only met with him once before the wedding and it was like we had known each other for years when he showed up to Cooper Creek. He... Read More wasn't awkward and made everyone feel comfortable throughout the pictures and even our guests throughout the reception. He is definitely a perfectionist and that is something I totally admired. He took hundreds of great photos and got them back to us very quickly. I have had nothing but compliments on all of my photos and Daniel!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Emma L

I am so happy we chose to work with Daniel Michael for our wedding in early October this year. The company was easy to work with and they were very great at getting our engagement and wedding photos back to us in a timely manner. Above all, I can't rave enough about our... Read More photographer - Meggie Baker. From the moment my husband and I met Meggie during our engagement session, we knew we had the right photographer for our wedding. She is so personable, made taking millions of pictures seem like a breeze and even the whole bridal party was talking about how awesome it was working with her! Plus, she saved me with a safety pin when the button on my wedding dress popped off during my dad's toast. Thank you Meggie for going above and beyond to capture breath-taking photos and making the entire process so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Mary B

There are lots of good wedding photographers out there, and an abundance of lovely pictures that vendors display as examples. However, Don at Daniel Michael Photography is not just a good photographer, but a truly amazing photographer that will deliver stunning, unique shots of... Read More a couple on their wedding day. He has an eye to accentuate the intrinsic beauty of a shot and think outside of the box, and do far more than deliver the pre-conceived standard set of wedding portraits and shots that you see over and over. Photos are the one thing that lasts for years upon years, and I could not be happier with our experience.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Leah F

I can't say enough good things about my experience with the company, my photographers and the team that worked with me the day of my wedding. My lead photographer was Lauren, and she is AMAZING. First, I knew choosing a photographer was going to be tough. I can be camera shy... Read More since I'm used to being behind the scenes for the most part, but my now-husband is even less of a fan of having his photo taken. He was vehemently against getting engagement photos, but he agreed – not without complaint! I originally asked for Johnny, whom I knew from school and had seen amazing photos from on social media, but he wasn't available for my wedding date. Daniel suggested Lauren, and I am thrilled he did! She joked around with my husband during our engagement shoot to make him feel more relaxed, and took in stride that I chose a location at which she had never shot and was not a normal venue (Taft's Ale House in OTR – definitely recommend!) After we left that day, my husband said he didn't hate it and that Lauren was great – a high compliment coming from someone who was so hesitant about it in the first place! Throughout the planning process, Lauren was incredibly helpful. She spoke to me on multiple occasions via email and phone to help me make the best plans possible. Once the wedding day approached, she and her team were prompt and got to work immediately. A major issue arose with our flowers and when the situation deteriorated, she saw the look of stress it was causing me and stepped in to take it over so I didn't have to. She documented every moment, checked in with me when necessary but took great initiative to cover everything (which really fit my journalistic-style preference) and was a joy to work with. Many of my friends, family members and bridal party went out of their way to tell me how great she was. Oh, and her photos were absolutely gorgeous! I made my own wedding album, and I truly couldn't pick which ones to include because there were so many good ones. We got along so well that I really felt like I had gotten a friend out of the deal as well! I haven't even mentioned the rest of her team – Don, our second shooter, was excellent. He got so many photos we love that we never noticed he took, and my husband got along with him because he was very straightforward while working. Aside from them, the two assistants were wonderful. They were there for me with water, to hand me my train, make sure my makeup looked good and that all the details I could have managed myself I didn't have to. This review is so long because I was so happy with the experience and have so many positive opinions and memories of their work. I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Amanda L

I have nothing but positive ravings about Johnny, our master photographer, his second shooter, Hope, and my "matron of honor" Natalie (Natalie was the bridal assistant - but she was so awesome we started calling her my matron of honor!), and everyone at Images by Daniel... Read More Michael. From the very beginning, the staff at Images by Daniel Michael were so kind and welcoming. Johnny continuously went above and beyond our expectations - with our engagement shoot, my bridal portraits (rock the dress, session B), and of course the wedding! We get nothing but compliments about our photos. Even before we got them back, people kept asking us "who is your photographer, he's so good!" but how they knew he was awesome (he definitely is) I'm not sure, but they're spot on! The entire staff is phenomenal. Before we set up the initial appointment, I was quite certain we would hire Images by Daniel Michael. Upon meeting Daniel Michael, both my (now) husband and I knew we had to hire them immediately - they were the only studio we met with! They were the first vendor (aside from the venue) that we booked, and we booked 2 years in advance. Every time Linda (office assistant) emailed that my pictures were done, I came the same day because I was too dang excited. Linda was always so accommodating as well! She stayed a little late in the studio on a Saturday so I could get my engagement photos! She is so sweet and I'm sure I seemed crazy! Haha. Johnny, Hope, and Natalie worked together fantastically as a team. They were all in sync and so accommodating. Natalie constantly would tell me that I was to do nothing - she would take care of it - and she did. Thanks for helping me use the bathroom, by the way, and thanks for singing loudly with my maid of honor when I couldn't pee in the silence with you guys there! I seriously could ramble on and on about how awesome these humans are, but I'll end it with this: we got all 800+ gorgeous photos within 11 days of our wedding. Look no further! Hire them!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Renee S

Daniel Michael and his team are amazing! We used Daniel for our engagement and wedding photos and received beautiful photos that we will cherish for years to come. He shot a mix of classic and creative photos to perfectly capture our big day. Another great thing, the turn... Read More around time to receive our photos was extremely fast! It only took days to receive our engagement photos, and two weeks to receive our wedding photos.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Brittani K

If I could give Don more than 5 stars, I would! Don and everyone at Images by Daniel Michael made the whole planning process simple and exceeded our expectations. Don did such an AMAZING job with our pictures! He captured everything we wanted on our big day. Thank you so so much... Read More for being so awesome at what you do! We can't stop looking at these pictures!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Lindsey R

I am obsessed with my photos!! Johnny and the team did an incredible job capturing our day. Everything was absolutely perfect throughout the whole day. Johnny made sure everything went smoothly and that we had everything we could possibly want. Everyone was so impressed with the... Read More bridal assistant who was so helpful with everything. I'm so thankful we chose Images by Daniel Michael!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Jessica S

We chose Lauren as our master photographer. She is awesome! Lauren took our engagement photos which turned out great and then met with us before our special day to talk things through. On the day of the wedding, Lauren, Casey, and Linda were prompt, fun, and attentive! They had... Read More no problems wrangling our large wedding party and fitting right in with our crazy crew. We got our photos back earlier than expected and absolutely love them! Lauren and Casey captured so many incredible moments from that day - memories we will cherish forever. This company does amazing work. Definitely recommend!!

2017-08-23T13:08:57 Response from the vendor

It's so funny to me hearing Lauren talk about your wedding and then the next day I'm reading this review and hearing your perspective and what it meant to you! We've forward this on to the entire team for the day so they know just... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Renee S

After looking at many photographers in our area, we finally visited with Dan. My fiancée and I were just thrilled when we left his studio. We knew we had found our photographer. Dan takes the time to get to know you, determine what will work best for you and your day, and work... Read More with you like someone who has known you for years. Our entire bridal party felt so at ease with Dan and his amazing team that the wedding day stayed on track and more importantly ON TIME!! And the photos of the day are absolutely breathtaking. I never knew that we could look so good! Dan was a magician at capturing everything about our day. When looking at the pictures, you can actually feel the day, not just see it. I would recommend Dan and his company to anyone looking for a photographer for their special day. Simply fantastic!! THANK YOU so very much for capturing our day like no one else could.

2017-08-23T13:09:51 Response from the vendor

The older I get the more of a sap I become! You got my eyes to glass over a little there! I kept it together though. No worries! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Laura B

Dan was communicated with me along the way. He was very professional and all our guests enjoyed his outgoing personality. The pictures receipt time was amazing, I got them back so fast. I loved all of them!!

2017-08-23T13:11:01 Response from the vendor

I just have to say, I love that steak! I really love your crew. It was a blast!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Amanda W

Everyone at Images by Daniel Michael Photography are so friendly, professional and truly phenomenal at their jobs and creating amazing pictures capturing all the important moments of the ceremony and reception. Our amazing team included Daniel, Meggie (2nd Photographer) and... Read More Amanda (bridal assistant) who truly had my back throughout the day including holding my dress while we walked so that it would get dirty, ensuring I was staying hydrated, and supplying anything we needed from her tackle box of items. The team not only helped keep everyone on the timeline but made the whole picture process fun and easy going, while being extremely efficient for every pose. They are so talented, it literally only takes them one or two snaps of the camera to get the perfect photo. I was surprised that my face didn't hurt by the end of the day from forcing a smile because it didn't need to be forced since we were having so much fun! We also had our engagement photos with Daniel at Sharon Woods. He was so efficient and knew exactly where he wanted to take the pictures, how he wanted us posed all while making it light, relaxing and easy. The session only took 20-30 minutes and we came out with an amazing group of pictures. This was also super helpful to see how he shoots, to get used to his style to give you an idea of how easy it will go on your wedding day. I used this day to have my make up trial as well in order to see how it photographed. Lastly, I got my husband a boudoir photo book as his wedding gift. I had the pictures taken through Images by Daniel Michael by Lauren. I was very nervous about doing these photos but Lauren made it super fun and knew the perfect angles to make women look their best in a very classy way. I never knew I could look that way and wonder now if maybe I got the best outcome from the "gift" through a lift in my self esteem and positive self-body image to the many many thanks of Lauren and the team at Images by Daniel Michael Photography.

2017-08-23T13:14:32 Response from the vendor

We all had a blast at your wedding. I was just speaking with Amanda and she still talks about you guys! My favorite part of this though is how your session with Lauren made you feel. Though I never looked at the book, I know... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Renee R

We cannot say enough great things about this company! Daniel Michael met with us for our first meeting and we knew right then that we wanted to hire his company. We hired Don and we couldn't have been happier! He did a fantastic job with our engagement pictures, coming to our... Read More home that was being built at the time; and he had fantastic ideas for great pictures! He was also great to work with while planning everything. On our wedding day, we had Don, Brian, and Hope and we couldn't have imagined a better crew! They were amazing to us, our wedding party, and our guests. Don did super getting all of the important pictures, Brian did a fantastic job getting lots of candid pictures, and Hope did awesome with everything else, from helping them, to fixing the girls dresses, to keeping us entertained! We have been receiving nonstop compliments about our pictures. Highly recommended to us and we highly recommend them to everyone else!!!!

2017-08-23T13:15:23 Response from the vendor

This is exactly what I love to hear! Don is pretty incredible and I'm glad you enjoyed the crew!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 An N

Mark, assistant photographer Andrew, and bridal assistant Jenna were absolutely amazing to work with! We had a lot of fun with everyone! Mark gave us free range to do whatever we wanted. Which made my husband extremely happy. Jenna was so helpful to all us! If you think you... Read More won't need a bridal assistant, guess again! She was there fixing any issues we had to getting things we needed! Our pictures are amazing! Everyone loves them! Its amazing how Mark and Andrew blended in the crowd to capture some great candid pictures. It was an amazing day with Mark and his crew!:)

2017-08-23T13:16:37 Response from the vendor

You had quite the team there! Andrew and Jenna are the trainers for photojournalism and assisting. So you had two of our teachers at your wedding! I think you lucked out! Thank you for trusting us with your wedding day.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Elizabeth C

We were so pleased to have had the opportunity to work with Don. His artistry is beyond spectacular and he was incredibly enjoyable to work with. This company is very professional and helps make lifelong memories through the pictures they provide. We get compliments on our... Read More engagement and wedding photos every time we show them to others. Highly recommend!!

2017-08-23T13:17:20 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad you have enjoyed your photos and it means the world that you are so proud of them. You have no idea how much that means to Don and his team as well. Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Martha S

If I could give 10 stars here, I would. Don and his team from Images by Daniel Michael was above & beyond what we had hoped for! We knew Don was very talented when he initially did our engagement photos but wow, we are just completely blown away by how our wedding photos turned... Read More out. He captured all of the important moments in ways that are both gorgeous as well as creative. On top of all of this, his team was INCREDIBLY professional and so pleasant to work with! My friends and family are absolutely loving these mementos from our big day -- and I can't stop looking back at the photo collection myself. I would recommend Don and his team to anyone.

2017-08-23T13:18:04 Response from the vendor

I hope you continue to love and enjoy your photos more and more over many happy years together!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Diana F

Daniel was the absolute BEST! There is no other way to explain him and his team. I cannot even begin to explain how every step of the process with him was incredible and such a breeze! As a bride who had no idea of what a timeline should look like for our pictures or what I... Read More even wanted he led me in the right direction and I couldn't be happier with how the pictures came out. Since getting them back I have had more compliments on how stunning and unique they are especially because they are not your typical boring wedding pictures. Going with Daniel Michael was definitely the right choice for us <3 Thank you sooo much Daniel and we can't wait to use you again in the future!!

2017-05-24T18:30:54 Response from the vendor

OH MY GOD! What a day! First of all thank you for writing this. Second, thank you for being the first groom in a dress and bride in a suit I've ever seen at a reception!! Third, your wedding was perfect. It was a joy... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Vanessa O

I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful our photographer, Lauren Schoenfeld from Images by Daniel Michael was and continues to be. She was absolutely amazing and our pictures from our April 15 wedding are beyond fabulous. The pictures literally left us speechless and the... Read More number of compliments we received today were overwhelming. The only real way to describe Lauren is FABULOUS!

2017-05-24T18:35:12 Response from the vendor

This is good! Wonderful, amazing, fabulous, speechless, overwhelming and then FABULOUS one more time! Pretty good use of all the different adjectives you can use! She and the Andrew were just thrilled to see this! Thank you.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Steph K

From our first meeting with Don, we KNEW we had found the photographer for us. He met us for engagement photos, and picked a great location. He figured out our personalities within minutes and we had so many great photos from that session. Our final meeting was so helpful in... Read More determining schedule; don't freak out that it's so close to the wedding! Trust them, they'll figure it out for you. My husband and I had no idea how helpful the wedding assistant would be with her emergency kit and just fixing everything for the bridal party. I don't know what we would have done without her. The candid photographer was so great as well; she blended in (on purpose, obviously!) and captured some really sweet moments. Don found us a cute little park close to the church for our pictures and worked in my must-haves of first looks with my then fiancé and my dad. I will treasure these pictures forever!! My only negative from the whole experience: we had way too many awesome photos to choose from!! :) Seriously, Don is the absolute best out there.

2017-05-24T18:36:49 Response from the vendor

Darn him! He's always taking too many photos to pick from!! LOL. Seriously, when we are nominating photos for photo of the year, I have the hardest time getting it down to just one for him! Thanks so much for such a well thought out... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Sarah M

How do I even begin to rate this incredible crew! The very first professional photo I saw of my venue was from this company and from that point on I knew I had to have them for my wedding! From the first consultation with Dan, to "Ghost Man" Rick, bridal assistant Sammy, and the... Read More extremely talented Lauren! This company is full of professionalism and most importantly FUN!!! I can't look at a single one of my photos without getting the water works! Thank you! Thank You Thank You for capturing every fantastic moment of my day and making all the smiles come easy!!!

2017-05-24T18:38:10 Response from the vendor

I love waterworks! Without them I start to wonder if we did a good job! I didn't know Rick has a new nickname. We may have to use Ghost Man at the awards party this year!! Thanks!

Meet The President

Daniel Michael

My greatest accomplishment as a photographer/business owner is the team of photographers I've helped to assemble and teach. They are not only talented artists but are quality people that I enjoy spending my days with. I'm sure you will too. I'm driven by the moment both witnessing, capturing and being a part of it. To me, that is the essence of wedding photography. That's what makes me feel good about what I do. We have photographed over 1600 weddings since we opened in 1999. Our success has always been centered around treating people as if they are getting married. **Sarcasm noted