Hair Stylists, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Beauty

189 Battery St, Burlington, VT (802) 658-2010

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Amanda P

Indigo did and amazing job for my wedding and rehearsal dinner. I worked with Hannah W for hair, Sarah R for makeup, and my bridesmaids worked with various other stylists in the salon that morning. It was so efficient having everyone get their hair done at the same time in the... Read More salon, and the atmosphere was relaxing and fun. My hair and makeup turned out better than I could have ever imagined. I truly felt like my prettiest self on my wedding day, and cannot thank the staff at Indigo enough for making my vision come to life in such a beautiful way.

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Christine G

I have mixed reviews for Indigo. I had a rough start with my initial stylist, since I wasn’t able to schedule a trial with her during my short visit to Vermont from out-of-state. Still, she kept in great contact. We agreed to add a second stylist to keep everything on-time on... Read More wedding day. I’m not a big fan of the travel fee indigo charges ($100 per stylist, regardless of distance!) since I wasn’t told it was per stylist and since my location was fewer than 3 miles away. Two weeks before my wedding date, my original stylist contacted me and asked if she could come (and leave) early, because she had booked a second wedding and that bride had moved her time up. This was extremely frustrating for me, since my wedding was early afternoon and I wanted to have my hair all set up as late as possible, so it would stay. After deciding the time change wouldn’t work, my stylist decided it was best to switch me to someone else. This was very stressful! However, the new stylist, Crystal, was wonderful! She contacted me right away, confirmed a date/time for my trial, and reassured me that everything would work out. She booked a second stylist to accompany her as well. My trial was very relaxing and the wedding day was the same. The styles for me and all of my maids were perfect, and just different enough to keep things interesting. Throughout a rainy, active wedding day my hair stood up as best as can be expected. As a bonus, the products they use at Indigo smell so great! I think for the price, Indigo is a good choice. I do wish my experience was as smooth as the last 2 weeks from the very beginning, but it all worked out in the end. I suggest just making sure you know everything up front including pricing, timing, and your stylist’s other commitments, and get it all in writing.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Jenifer O

I had Lindsay do my hair for my rehearsal dinner in the salon before the wedding and then Melissa and Crystal came to the Essex the day of my wedding to do my hair and the whole bridal party. My hair was great for the rehearsal dinner and very reasonably price for a wash/blow... Read More out. Melissa was my contact throughout the whole experience and she was very professional and timely with all of our interactions whether it be over the phone, email or text. I do not live in Vermont so it was so nice to have great communication. I had a hair trial with Melissa about 3 months before the wedding and it was amazing how many styles we tried so I could get an idea of what I wanted. I had a large bridal party with a variety of hair and Melissa/Crystal got everyone's hair done with time to spare. They are both very sweet and friendly too. Everyone was so happy with their hair. I would definitely recommend them for future weddings!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Annie O

Wow! That sums up my experience at Indigo. After calling around to many a salon in the area, I was so happy to discover this gem of a salon! I had my trials the Thursday before my Saturday wedding, and I could tell from the moment I walked in it was going to be a great... Read More experience. Both my hair and makeup looked amazing at the trial, and even better on the wedding day. Both stylists listened to what I was looking for, and made wonderful suggestions to have me look my best. I think the best compliment for the salon was from my bridal party and parents! First, one of the stylists moved her station so that my sisters could be next to each other during their up do! By the end of their hair styling session, they were invited to the wedding! The salon was even able to squeeze in an additional make up! The stylists were wonderful, the salon beautiful, and everyone looked their absolute best. I am so happy I found this salon, and would come back here in a heartbeat for not only formal dos, but everyday salon style needs!

I love Indigo!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Julie L

Sara does wonders with makeup, I was so so impressed and didn't have to touch up all night. Katie and all of the hair girls did a fabulous job as well. I only gave 4 stars because they went longer than we wanted, so be firm on when you need to leave by!

Perfect

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Samantha P

Kelsey at Indigo Salon did an absolutely perfect job on my hair. She created the exact look that I asked for.

Very Happy With Them

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Lindsay L

I went to Indigo for my hair and makeup and I was very happy with the result. The stylists listened to my opinion during my trial and I think I looked great. I wanted a classic look that wouldn't looked dated in a decade and I think they succeeded. I looked like myself only... Read More better. The salon was rather expensive. I believe I paid $300 for my hair and makeup for both the trial and day of.

Simply the Best

Reviewed on 9/14/2012 Chelsea L

These stylists are up-to-date on styles and execute impeccably. My eye makeup took some serious precision work and she did it perfectly, twice! (trial run & the big day)

Hair and make up

Reviewed on 9/05/2011 Emma S

Indigo was great place to get my hair done. My original hair stylist cancelled on me last minute(2 weeks before my wedding)and they were able to fit me in. They made me feel so beautiful!