Ingenhuett on High

Historic Venue, Loft

Planning

731 High Street, Comfort, TX (210) 415-8998

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Jillian M

Do you believe in Fairy Godmothers? Book this venue and you will be pleased to find that one is included! The owner, Jeanine, is super involved and bent over backwards to make our day perfect. I am so thankful for her! Aside from the personal touch that she brings, the venue... Read More is STUNNING. Every single guest stopped me to tell me how incredible it is and that they had never seen anything like it. The bridal suite was so comfortable and spacious--fit for a princess. Finally, getting married in the town of Comfort was so special and unique. At night, you have the whole town to yourself and during the day, it drips with charm. Honestly, I can't say enough for the Ingenhuett and everything that comes with it. It built the foundation for the best day of my life and I couldn't be happier that we chose this venue to start our future together in.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Jamie A

The Ingenhuett on High is such a gorgeous venue nestled in the heart of downtown Comfort! It was absolutely perfect for my wedding! It has such a unique, rustic character that complimented the decor beautifully! Our guests had so many compliments to give and the Koi Pond was a... Read More hit! The bridal suite is so cute very spacious with lots of natural light that is perfect for hair and makeup! The guys were able to get ready downstairs, in the basement, and it made for great photos! So highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Haley M

I could not have asked for a better wedding venue. My husband and I had our wedding at the Ingenhuett on High this past Saturday. I have nothing but positive to say about Natalie and Raleigh. Raleigh was the venue coordinator on the big day and she was extremely helpful, kind,... Read More and professional. She happily worked with our day of coordinator and they made the day flow by so smoothly! The venue itself is absolutely stunning and was perfect for our wedding size (about 75 people). You do not need much decoration for a venue like this, as it comes with a unique character that you can't find anywhere else. Thank you again so much for having us!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Leslie G

We could not have picked a more perfect spot for our November wedding. It was the perfect combination of indoors and outdoors, and such a beautiful space. We received so many compliments on our choice of venue. My favorite thing about the space is that it speaks for itself.... Read More There was no need to bring in a ton of decorations, it is beautiful as is. So many unique touches, such as the mail slots behind the bar, the Koi pond and bridge for the aisle, and the un-retouched walls made this such an incredible venue! The town of Comfort is also so great for a venue. We rented out all 8 rooms of the Hotel Faust, two doors down from the Ingenhuett, for our bridal party. So nice being right next to the venue and such a charming little B&B. We all were able to hang out in the gazebo after the rehearsal and the ceremony and keep the party going. Definitely check out High's and 8th street market as well. There is also a wine bar and distillery right on High street that we unfortunately did not have time to visit. Overall, I cannot recommend this space enough!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 jenny l

Really can't say enough about this venue and the location! It was fantastic! We had our wedding here in April and everyone that came couldn't say enough about what a beautiful space it was. I would say to cap your wedding at around 100 which is what we had a it was the right... Read More amount of space for that amount of people. Natalie is the wedding coordinator that we worked with leading up to the wedding and then day of we worked with Raliegh and she was just as great! She made sure that the groom and I ate before everyone else did so that we could mingle while they ate. The bridal suite has light to die for and ample space for getting ready. We choose to have our actual wedding in the outdoor space in the back and we loved the way it looked in photos! Comfort is such a charming town with a lot of really good food and cozy bed and breakfasts!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Erin B

We just got married at The Ingenhuett and it was amazing! While we sometimes had issues with getting responses to our emails in a timely fashion during the planning process, in the end all of that was completely overshadowed by the absolute beauty and uniqueness of the venue! We... Read More used the courtyard for our ceremony (with the aisle leading across the bridge over the koi pond), and had intended to use the beer garden and backyard cocktail hour. However, due to rain making the backyard a bit mucky, we changed plans and held cocktail hour in the courtyard/beer garden (with an outdoor bar in the beer garden). With less than 100 guests, this worked out perfectly. Our reception was in the main hall, and our caterer set up the buffet tables on the dance floor, which was a wonderful layout. I think if you have more than about 110-120 guests at your wedding this venue might feel a little cramped. As it was, it was incredibly hot, and more people would likely make it even more stuffy. This venue is so cool and interesting - we felt it needed hardly any decorations because all of the details (the stone walls, beamed ceiling, bank vault, historic "hardware counter" bar, etc.) are total show-stoppers. The Ingenhuett is a really awesome mix of industrial, rustic, and historic, and I know our wedding pictures are going to be just amazing! The bridal suite is also great - very spacious and with a ton of bright light. They are in the process of adding a kitchen as well, which will make things even better in time. The other nice thing about this venue is that it is right in the center of town, walking distance to many accommodation options. Our guests loved it and we received a ton of compliments!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Katie S

This venue is incredibly beautiful, pictures don't quite do it justice. We used the back lawn for our ceremony, and the courtyard and hall for our cocktail hour and reception. It also has a beautiful bridal suite that was perfect to get ready in with my bridesmaids. The venue is... Read More stunning day or night and has so many pretty elements like the brick, stone, and wood that you don't need a whole lot of decorations like you would in a ballroom. We got so many compliments on the venue, it really was perfect and exactly what we wanted. I used the venue coordinator, Natalie, as my wedding planner as well and her and her assistants were amazing.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

So, a lot of venues have pretty photos, but this venue is actually breathtaking. Our guests couldn't stop raving about this venue. In fact, we decided to get married in Comfort just because this venue is so unique and beautiful! The covered outdoor area with the koi pond was... Read More absolutely gorgeous in the evening sun, the indoor area is rustic while being very comfortable (new wood floors and ceiling, great A/C), old fashioned bar...We couldn't stand getting married in a ballroom or in a venue that felt like a barn or a firehall. This venue had history while being thoroughly modern in style. The upstairs bridal suite is huge, with antique furniture, big windows, and even a balcony for a Romeo-and Juliet moment. The back yard is sodded and has party lights (we used it for our cocktail hour). My bridesmaids got a kick out of posing with an antique tractor. Natalie Hart, the venue coordinator (we also hired her as our planner) was very easy to work with and helped to make the day a huge success. During our planning process she apparently had a bridge for the koi pond made, which was just the icing on the cake. You must see this venue to believe it. (It's also a great value for the money compared to Houston venues!)

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Marisa M

The Ingenhuett has the industrial and unique feel that I was looking for. We were able to come up with a comfortable flow for my 175 guest count. Everyone raved over the venue and how beautiful it was. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Joann L

I attended my nieces wedding at The Ingenhuett. What a cool venue, rustic, historic, and very elegant. The building has three levels, including a very cool basement and outdoor space available. The lighting at night was absolutely spectacular. What a treasure this place is - a... Read More gem to be discovered.

It's like they don't want my money

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Sarah s

This was my first choice venue after scoping out at least 20 in the San Antonio area. Too bad the girl who runs the venue couldn't be bothered to answer questions or remember to bring in pricing/contract information the day we wanted to put on deposit on the venue because it was... Read More her "day off". After multiple emails and "totally forgetting" to reply, I came to the conclusion that they didn't want my business. Sorry, if you run a business in the wedding industry you should probably be able to show the venue on a Sunday no problem, especially when you would be getting paid. Additionally, if your job is organizational, you should be organized enough to carry paperwork with you, or store it on sight. It is really upsetting, because this place is beautiful. I simply cannot trust those running the business to do a good job, when getting a return email or a contract is like pulling teeth. The venue is beautiful, it is a shame that my money wasn't good enough for them.

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Larra J

I had my wedding reception at The Ingenhuett on High in September, and the venue was everything I imagined and more! The building is absolutely beautiful and rustic chic; the wedding guests all complimented it. There are bed and breakfasts on either side of the venue, and I... Read More was able to block one for the bridal party and wedding guests from out of town booked the other. It was very convenient. The girls were able to walk over to the venue the morning of the wedding to get ready and have a luncheon in the bridal suite upstairs. The town is so quaint and cute, and the venue is gorgeous! The Ingenhuett on High was perfect for my wedding reception!

The perfect reception venue!

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Sarah B

We had our wedding reception at the Ingenhuett on High and it was absolutely perfect! The building has such charm and character and set the perfect atmosphere for our reception. The Ingenhuett team was well organized, helpful, personal and on top of every detail. I spent the... Read More afternoon getting ready in the bridal suite with my bridesmaids, which was such a fun way to start the day! It was spacious and comfortable and there were plenty of mirrors, room, etc. for everyone to comfortably get ready. It was also so fun to be able to peek downstairs as the vendors began setting up for the reception! My husband and his groomsmen loved hanging out in the wine cellar as they waited to take pictures. The reception was better than we dreamed of. Guests enjoyed having drinks outside and coming inside to dance or hear the band. I love the fact that we made good use of all the space and it was a nice change of pace from the usual "ballroom" type venues. I love how the Ingenhuett offers uniqueness while still maintaining functionality! I would highly recommend the Ingenhuett on High to any couple looking for a wedding venue. You won't be let down!

Incredible Hill Country Venue

Reviewed on 7/30/2014

The Ingenhuett was perfect for our daughter's reception. The beautifully restored historic building provides a timeless romantic feel. We used both the indoor and partially covered outdoor areas and found it flowed nicely. The koi pond in the center of the outdoor area is a... Read More unique feature. Acoustics were great for the band. The girls had plenty of room to get ready on the upstairs floor complete with vanities and balcony. The "basement" is another cool space that could be used - we used it for the guys to hang before the wedding. Parking was a breeze and there are some charming bed and breakfasts in the area for guests- several within walking distance. The onsite coordinator worked so well with us and with our planner to ensure everything went smoothly. I was truly able to let go and enjoy the celebration as they tended to all the details. Priceless memories!