Planning

3 Williams Ave , Mystic, CT (860) 536-3400

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Joanna G

Worst experience. Initially we were very happy with our wedding coordinator Tiffany. However, when Tiffany decided not to return from her maternity leave in the winter (totally understandable) we were switched over to Meg. However, no one ever told us this and for months I was... Read More emailing Tiffany with no response. Fast forward to our tasting (which was rescheduled twice due to Meg’s mistakes), it was a nightmare. Meg assured us she had been in the business for 20+ years, however, we found that hard to believe when she didn’t even know the answer to basic questions about the Inn– I ended up googling them all for myself. She said she would have our banquet event form to us in about two-three weeks. It took 3 MONTHS to get this from her! I had to follow up weekly for this. Not to mention when we finally received it the amount of errors on the page made my head spin – names were completely wrong, details incorrect grammatical errors all over the place. It was honestly as if it were another couples form. It amazed me that she even thought this was acceptable to send to a client. - Meg never sent us a seating or meal chart so I ended up creating my own. Then a week before the wedding she sent it to me asking to fill it out as if I had all of this free time. - There was originally a Friday wedding scheduled so we had to have our rehearsal at 1pm on Friday (which meant everyone involved had to take the day off from work). She called me Friday morning to say the wedding had just been canceled and that we could have a room in the mansion but still keeping our 1pm rehearsal. However, come to find out from staff members they had known about the cancellation for weeks! Which meant we could’ve had our rehearsal at a normal time, which Meg knew was very important to us. - We had a vvvvery expensive bottle of champagne that was meant for my husband I and I to pop after we were married. By the time we got to the tent it was popped and served to all the guests. We only had one glass for the two of us. - We were told we would have a private attendant the whole night. That did not even come close to happening. In fact, guests were offering to get us drinks because no one was tending to us. I actually waited in the bar line at my own wedding for 10 minutes and was ignored by the bartender. - They ran out of bud light before dinner even started, which was one of the drinks we said we wanted - My bridesmaids almost walked down the aisle without their flowers because they were never given to them - Meg took my dad’s boutonniere off and gave it to someone else – mind you he has Alzheimer’s (which she knew) so he didn’t know any better to say anything. - Meg kept rushing us to cut the cake and now we know why – she was able to leave for the night after we cut the cake. - Our table layout was complete opposite of what we gave her. We had close family sitting in a corner. - We had enough cake to feed 275 people (our wedding was 138) and half of the guests didn’t even get cake – including the bride and groom – because they “couldn’t find the rest of it.” Come to find out they found it the next morning in a freezer and we had to take home an entire sheet of cake. - The 5 rooms in the mansion were part of our overall contract and already paid for yet, all of the guests were charged for their rooms the next day. - We are still seeing random charges from the Inn appear on our credit card statements…which we are STILL following up about three months later.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Michelle C

We just had our wedding at the Inn, and it was the most magical day. Although it rained, the team there were incredible and they created the most beautiful indoor ceremony. Malana is absolutely amazing, and everyone there is attentive and wonderful. We can not say enough good... Read More things about them!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Laura M

Such a beautiful venue for Spring. My coordinator was very helpful , knew what she was doing without a doubt. Takes a little while to hear back from her sometimes during the planning stages but I'm sure that's because there are weddings there throughout the year. My day went... Read More perfectly smoothly. My guests liked being able to stay where the wedding was too.

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Emily S

We stopped by the Inn at Mystic without an appointment. Tiffany and Ian were setting up for an event at the Haley Mansion and took time to show us around, talk to us about the venue and the wedding packages they provided. From that moment, we knew the Inn at Mystic was the... Read More perfect place for us to have our wedding ceremony and reception. We had the most amazing day. The staff at the Inn at Mystic made us and our family feel comfortable from the start and it was a bittersweet end to the night as we felt we became very close to the staff there- we spent a full year planning with Tiffany and she became such an important part of our lives! Friends and family continue to say that the food was the best wedding food they'd ever had and the grounds and Mansion were absolutely perfect. We couldn't say enough about our day, the venue, and the staff at the Inn at Mystic.

Beautiful venue with warm and wonderful staff

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Carolyn K

My husband and I got engaged while living abroad in Liberia, so I dispatched my sister to scout wedding venues for me. I had always wanted to be married at the Haley Mansion at the Inn at Mystic, which is located five miles from my childhood home. My sister solidified my choice... Read More when she reported back that Tiffany, the coordinator, was amazing; that the place was being renovated and would be even more gorgeous by the time of the big day; and that it seemed like the staff would really make sure our day was special - in other words, that they were going to invest in us as much as we were investing in them. I'm happy to say this assessment was 110% accurate! Tiffany and her colleague, Malana, were wonderful and accommodated our every wish, answered our every question, and helped in any way they could. They let us allow our guests to choose not only their entrees but also their appetizers, they added a cot to a mansion room so a friend who traveled all the way from Liberia could stay with my maid of honor, they let us add decor wherever we wanted...they were just excellent to work with. The food was also AMAZING and the staff were friendly and gracious. Our guests gave many compliments on both fronts - and we had guests who traveled from Israel, South Sudan, Senegal and Liberia, so this meant a lot to us. Finally, as compared to other venues in the area, you get a LOT for your money here. The cost I listed includes Chaviari chair rentals, ceremony fee (we had it on the grounds), mansion rental (five rooms for us and some guests), all gratuity and taxes, and an extra hour of open bar for our 102 guests. Oh, and with the Inn and the Harbour House Restaurant with a bar on site, you can move the party to the bar easily at 10 PM, when the music must be turned off at the mansion due to local noise laws (just make sure you talk to the bartenders at the restaurant first to ask them to stay open for you, because they might close before 10 if they have a slow night). I highly recommend this venue. If you are worried about rain, the tent is over a patio that is directly attached to the mansion, so at the worst case it may rain, but your guests will not have too walk on the soggy ground. We got very lucky and had a beautiful sunshiney day! Hope this review helps at least a few brides-to-be! Lots of love and luck, Carolyn Ziv

Spectacular location for a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014

My best friend had her wedding here and everything about the Inn at Mystic is the opposite of all the other reviews here, so I had to post our recent experience. The Inn is under new ownership and management (thank goodness!). The staff and management team were extremely... Read More professional and accommodating. The rooms have been renovated and the on-site restaurant the Harbour House provided all the food. Our meals were fantastic!!! The location of this property, the views and the Haley Mansion exceeded all of our expectations. The bride and groom fell in love with this place and the bridal accommodations in the Mansion. I feel bad about the poor reviews listed here. Tiffany, the wedding coordinator was a dream to work with - you won't be disappointed.