Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Plants, Vases, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Elmhurst, IL
Serving Chicago and Suburbs

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Michelle C

Working with Sheila was a dream. She was enthusiastic about our vision, and she brought it to life. She is an artist; I wish the flowers could last a lifetime. The bouquets and centerpieces completely blew me away. She helped us to work within our budget, and she was easy to... Read More communicate with through the planning process. We would absolutely recommend working with her!

Truly an artist

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Katie R

Working with Shiela was a pleasure. From our first interaction, she seemed to truly listen to what I was looking for, and knew in which direction to steer me when my botanical knowledge was lacking. She really got me and my aesthetic. Our wedding flowers were gorgeous, unique,... Read More and best of all, truly US. She's not just a florist, she's a designer, and a gifted one, and she was instrumental in making our big night a great one. Plus, she's also a cool chick to work with. I can't recommend her highly enough.

2015-10-29T12:52:29 Response from the vendor

Aw! You're a cool chick too! :) Thanks for letting me be an artist with your flowers and get creative with them, so much fun and GREAT results! XO!

The most perfect flowers!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

I first discovered Sheila's incredible artistry skills as a florist when I ordered an arrangement for my Mother, from overseas for Mother's Day in 2013. I was blown away at Sheila's kindness, willingness to go above and beyond and the gorgeous floral arrangements she can... Read More create! When James and I became engaged in September of 2013, there was no need to shop around for a florist, we knew immediately that we wanted Sheila to be the florist we worked with. We couldn't be more blown away with how our flowers turned out for our wedding day. Let me also mention, that I am a girl who loves, loves, loves flowers! I knew that the flowers we used for our wedding would help set the tone, and enhance the ambiance for our big day. Ipomea Floral exceeded every expectation and more! James and I live overseas in Australia, and as you may know planning a wedding locally can be difficult, yet alone from across the world. Sheila was so incredibly easy to work with, organised, and was able to understand the execute our vision. She is one of the loveliest people to work with, and she always goes above and beyond! Every floral arrangement, centrepiece and flowers for my hair were flawless. I can not recommend Ipomea Floral enough! Thank you Shelia for helping to make our wedding truly magical!! Xx

2014-10-08T13:33:57 Response from the vendor

Wow! This review nearly brought a tear to my eye! So SWEET! Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Amy s

Sheila at Ipomea Floral is wonderful to work with. I was planning my wedding from afar, so I wasn't able to meet her until the day of the wedding. Sheila made it easy and fun despite the distance. She sent me detailed emails with loads of pictures and was always super... Read More responsive, which I really appreciated. Of course, the flowers were stunning. Sheila has exquisite taste; I was obsessed with the pictures I found of her work and in real life she did not disappoint. She included all of the flowers I requested and made really helpful suggestions. Our wedding guests raved about the centerpieces and arch florals. I thought the price was really reasonable given the quality of the work. To top it all off, Sheila is simply a lovely person--kind, enthusiastic, and creative. You won't regret choosing Ipomea.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Chelsy C

Working with Sheila was super easy! On our first meeting she went through everything, how the day goes and then what I wanted. I have to admit that I am not very flower smart, I know the very basic of what the names are. I gave her things like "the velvety one that is kind of... Read More stripey and looks like a brain" and she turned it into exactly what I wanted. Sheila helped pick out what would look good together, gave me the names and then sent me a price range for each flower I loved. The price range made it so easy and I knew which flowers were driving the price of the bouquets. I was able to know exactly what I could change to get it into the price range that I was comfortable with. The day of the wedding Sheila brought my flowers on time and I still remember seeing her walk in and being in total shock that those were mine! Not knowing much about flowers I had a vision but truly had no clue what it would look like, Sheila went above and beyond what I expected! I heard throughout the day how gorgeous the flowers were and three months later am still hearing about how great they looked.

2016-10-07T14:49:28 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! I always love hearing when brides get compliments on their flowers! :)

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Marcey B

I had the pleasure of working with Sheila and was SO happy with the presentation! We had our wedding this past weekend and I can not tell you how many compliments we got in regards to the flowers and as the bride, I absolutely LOVED them! I liked them so much that I decided to... Read More preserve and frame the flowers so I can cherish them forever. I would highly recommend Ipomea Flowers to anyone!! Thanks Sheila!!

2016-10-06T12:59:39 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! I'm so happy that your wedding went well and your flowers added to the perfect day! :)

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Allison V

Sheila is the best. After meeting with her over a year before our wedding, I knew our flowers were going to be one of my favorite parts of the big day. She was super helpful and gave great suggestions. Her work is beautiful and anything but cookie-cutter. We got so many... Read More compliments on our centerpieces, bouquets, etc. I even took one of our centerpieces with us on our Michigan honeymoon because I couldn't get enough. I would recommend Sheila & Ipomea Floral to every Chicago area bride!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Sara W

Sheila was maybe the most up-front and easy to work with vendor we encountered in the planning process. AND super nice! she actually seemed to have our best interests at heart, not just the bottom line. She answered emails immediately, and we had all the details wrapped up... Read More months before our big day (which was awesome with everything that comes up in the weeks before). Also, did I mention... the flowers were breathtaking!!!

2016-06-24T08:52:12 Response from the vendor

I DEFINITELY have your best interests at heart! SO SO SO happy you loved your flowers, it was so much fun working with you! Can't wait to see pictures!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Katie C

Sheila was incredible to work with. It feels like yesterday we met at Starbucks to go over my Pinterest board so she could get a feeling for what I wanted. Prior to reaching out to Sheila, I had already checked out her blog and website and loved her unique style. Sheila has... Read More incredible talent and simply just gets it. I knew my flowers were going to be beautiful, but they were beyond! She brought to life breathtaking center pieces, hanging mason jars for my church ceremony and bud vases to match my vintage farm wedding. The bridal bouquets, groomsmen boutonnières and my bridal bouquet were unreal. I think our guests are still talking about our flowers and maybe our BBQ food too ;) Sheila was also great at understanding my budget. The amount of flowers/prices were affordable and within reason. I would definitely recommend any bride to be to Sheila. You would be silly not to go with her ;) Like most brides I hear say, I wish we could do it all over again!

2015-11-05T15:02:52 Response from the vendor

I am overjoyed that you loved your flowers so much! Thanks for trusting me! I'm jealous that I never got to try your BBQ food though! ;)

Seriously, hire Ipomea!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Caroline R

I had been following Ipomea's owner, Sheila, on social media even before I got engaged - so when I decided to get married in the Chicago area hiring her was a no-brainer decision. Simply put, Sheila was incredible to work with! Even coordinating from the East Coast, she was... Read More incredibly accessible and always eager to talk through the options and next steps. Knowing she understood our taste and had the experience to make beautiful creations made my life SO much easier. Throughout the process, Sheila gave me every available option to choose from according to my taste, budget and crazy ideas - even in my most fickle, bride brain moments, if I changed my mind on a whim or something wasn't available, she always patiently listened and offered up a way to make an idea a reality. Looking back at our pictures, our flowers are absolutely one of my favorite pieces of the day. I still day dream about my bouquet! I would recommend Ipomea for any event at any budget. Sheila and her team will help bring your taste and your asthetic to life, and I can't thank her enough for it!

2015-10-27T15:35:22 Response from the vendor

So sweet! Planning a wedding from far away isn't easy and you made it look effortless! Thanks for working with me!

Wedding flowers!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Megan P

Ipomea floral did an amazing job with my wedding flowers. They were absolutely flawless, and we had SO many compliments from our guests. Our reception flowers turned out better than I could have imagined. I also couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. Shelia was... Read More beyond great!! I didn't know much about flowers going into this and she offered so many great suggestions. Any time I had questions she always gave her best input and got back to me in a very timely matter. I would highly recommend Sheila and Ipomea Floral to anyone who is looking for fabulous wedding flowers- they will blow you away!!!

2015-10-11T13:10:43 Response from the vendor

Wow thank you for the great review! You were great to work with and doing your flowers was a florist's dream! :).

Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Briel E

Sheila did an amazing job on my wedding flowers. I received several compliments from my guests.

2015-09-23T16:14:10 Response from the vendor

That's great to hear! Thanks!

Ipomea Flowers

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Eileen C

I absolutely loved Sheila and the amazing job she did on my flowers. From the first meeting I just knew we were on the same page. Where other florists would meet with me, seem like they understood, then send me pictures that were not my taste at all - Sheila was spot on from the... Read More beginning. My bouquets, centerpieces, and even the flowers for the groomsmen and flower girls were stunning and unique in a way I could only imagine. I highly recommend Sheila and Ipomea to anyone looking for a stunning but still unique floral design. If I were ever in the market for centerpieces or bouquets again, Sheila would be my first call! They added such beauty to my pictures as well, I was doubly happy when I saw the photographs from the ceremony and reception - the details I didn't have time to take in the day of were amazing to see a few months later. I really highly recommend!!!

2015-09-23T16:14:46 Response from the vendor

Oh wonderful! I can't wait to see your pictures! :)

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

My daughter & I worked with Sheila on our September 2015 wedding. From the first meeting until the reception ended working with Sheila & Ipomea was flawless. She took the time to explain all about the flowers. She took my daughters rather vague vision and turned it into a... Read More beautiful floral fantasy! We were both flower novices and really had no idea what flowers would be in season in our chosen color palette, Sheila was patient and thorough in her explanation. The day of the wedding she was on time and everything was delivered in perfect condition. I would recommend Ipomea without hesitation to anyone who wants stunning wedding flowers from a caring and highly talented designer.

2015-09-23T14:56:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to review and for working with Ipomea Floral! Our clients happiness means the world to us and I am thrilled that you enjoyed the flowers! Take care!

Wedding florist

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Hope S

Sheila was the florist for our 9-5-15 wedding and she was absolutely amazing. We worked together for about 1 year in the wedding planning process and she was ALWAYS available for my crazy questions. She was super flexible if I ever needed to add/change anything. Not only was she... Read More a pleasure to work with, but my god, those flowers. She created exactly what I was imagining in my head and even went beyond what I thought was my ideal bouquet. The flowers were GORGEOUS and one of my favorite parts of our day. I would recommend her to anyone.

2015-09-15T10:09:20 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness, this is such a nice review! I have the best job in the world! Thanks for working with Ipomea!

Wonderful and creative flowers

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Elizabeth H

Sheila did an amazing job with the flowers! I was initially interested in her floral design because of the natural look. The flowers complemented one another and incorporated all the colors and flowers (even snapdragons, which I love) into the design. I felt the flowers not only... Read More reflected the venue but also my husband and my style. I absolutely loved the flowers. Sheila was great speaking to us about what we wanted, suggested appropriate flower types for the season and created fitting representations of us.

2015-09-14T16:47:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! I couldn't be happier that you loved your flowers! :)

Perfect flowers for a perfect day

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 x v

I can't say enough good things about Sheila and Ipomoea Floral. From our first meeting, she was delightful to work with, accommodating of my ever-chaning vision, and delivered the most stunning flowers I've ever seen at a completely reasonable price. I will never let my friends... Read More go to another florist!

2015-07-07T15:14:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to review Ipomea! I appreciate your feedback and it means so much that you are referring us to friends! You're a sweetheart!

Gorgeous Flowers and excellent service

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Krissy S

I have to say Sheila was fabulous to work with. I am so happy we went with Impomea Floral Design for our wedding flowers. My bridal bouquet was perfection and exactly what I wanted, it looked like it was picked right out of Pintrest. I got so many compliments on my centerpieces... Read More and bouquets that I know I couldn't have picked a better florist to work with. I would 100% recommend Impomea for any bride :)

2015-07-07T15:45:42 Response from the vendor

Your bouquet was TRULY stunning, partly because of my work but in bigger part because of your excellent taste! Round of applause for you choosing such excellent flowers! :)

Reviewed on 3/21/2015 Caitlin L

Ipomea is amazing! Sheila made our wedding day gorgeous. She is incredibly creative and fabulous to work with. I had some ideas to start with. She took those ideas and designed the most gorgeous flower arrangements. I had tons of compliments on all of my flowers. I would use... Read More Ipomea again in a heartbeat.

2015-03-23T14:28:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to review us! I am so glad you got compliments on the flowers! They were pretty darn awesome if I do say so myself! :)

Beautiful flowers and florist!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Margaret C

Sheila was so amazing to work with - young, vibrant, easy to collaborate with, and most importantly, is awesome at what she does. Wedding planning can be stressful on many different levels and her attitude and personality made the process so much more enjoyable. I am... Read More definitely not a floral expert, so I had ideas in my head for my wedding day but didn't know half the names of the flowers, proper color names or anything like that, so we worked completely from my descriptions which can't have been easy! Sheila helped to bring my ideas to life and worked to make everything exactly how I had imagined it. She went above and beyond, researching ideas to try to match what I had in mind and purchasing all kinds of different centerpiece props in order to put together the perfect centerpiece for our venue. Everything was perfect on our wedding day from the petals that my flower girls sprinkled in church, to my and my bridesmaids' bouquets, to the gorgeous centerpieces. She also did our boutonnieres, mothers' and grandmothers' nosegays, two different types of centerpieces, offering to Mary during the church ceremony, and flower crowns for my flower girls. I had all of my bridesmaids lay their bouquets around the cake when they got to the ceremony which looked absolutely stunning as well. I definitely recommend Ipomea to any bride looking for gorgeous flowers that are surprisingly affordable!

2015-03-04T15:05:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! It was such a blast doing your flowers! Gardenias? I mean, come on! Love...

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 becky b

Sheila & her gang did a wonderful job. They got it right & I know this is rare but my husband was the one to pick-out the flowers (he's a green thumb psycho!! hehe) He named the flower & either she got them or something in comparison that would help out with the cost! Very... Read More helpful & more importantly flowers were beautiful!

2015-03-04T15:05:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to review! So happy that you were happy with the results! :)

Great flowers!

Reviewed on 1/15/2015 Bri G

Sheila did an amazing job with our flowers. She did most of our personal flowers and was so accommodating through the whole process. There were a couple times late in the process we had to change our order and she was understanding and helpful. I recommend her to everyone! Thank... Read More you Sheila!

2015-01-16T10:44:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! I LOVED your whole theme! Such a creative bride/team! :)

Vibrant Colors- stunning presentation

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Megan F

I met with Ipomea with a vision of the flowers including colors of eggplant, orange and bright green.... Ipomea listened to my ideas and viewed a few examples from magazines and she just ran with my vision and created the most beautiful bouquets!!!! She emailed me pictures of a... Read More variety of different flowers to help me cut costs and ensure my flowers were in-season. She took my color selections and made the flowers compliment each other wonderfully. She let my image be individual and did not steer me toward original or traditional in any sense, but also was there to provide insight on all the different flower selections I needed to consider that a bride may forget, i.e. pew flowers, cake flowers, etc. My center pieces were "master pieces". I had compliments from all my guests at my wedding. I can not find enough words to compliment Ipomea's customer service, creativity, and ease to work with.

2014-11-17T10:43:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this kind review! You had such a unique and vibrant vision and it was a pleasure to bring your vision to life!

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Monica S

Our wedding was 9.20.14 and Sheila the owner of Ipomea Floral Design couldn't have been more amazing!!! From the very first email and initial meeting I felt at ease. Searching for vendors is so stressful and it was so re leaving to find someone with creativity, experience and... Read More such a warm personality. We also loved that she was a local small business owner, but rest assure there is nothing "small business" about her work. Sheila guided us through every step in the process and I never worried about anything! The end result was amazing and we absolutely loved our flowers! Every single centerpiece was taken at our wedding by our guests because they loved them that much! So if you have no idea where to start or have been planning your wedding for years, Ipomea is your go to florist!

2014-10-06T14:19:20 Response from the vendor

Thanks for trusting me with your flowers, you have great taste and it was a joy to work with you!

Amazingly Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Alexandria C

From when I first got engaged I knew I wanted to use Impomea as my florist. I've seen many weddings they've done in person and also in magazines. Working with Sheila was so easy and she worked with my budget from the start. I defiantly got stressed throughout the planning... Read More process but my flowers were honestly the one thing I was always excited about and Sheila took the stress away. She was always very responsive when I had any questions. I had Impomea do all of my flowers from my bouquet to the table arrangements and I'm so happy I did. The flowers transformed my venue and people are still telling me how beautiful they were. I can't thank them enough! Alexandria Michael

2014-09-29T16:57:17 Response from the vendor

Aww so glad you and your guests loved the flowers! You've got GREAT taste!! :)

With a degree in Art and Art History, I graduated college with a desire to be creative in whatever career I ended up with. I've always loved weddings, love and all things parties and soon after graduating I realized my artistic talents worked perfectly in the world of florals! Flowers are now my medium, and I love getting to be creative, meet people in love, and help them design arrangements that make them smile and make their special day even more special!

Start a Conversation!