Customized floral arrangements with style

Ipomea Floral Design creates lush, beautiful arrangements created specifically for your wedding or special event! We will work with your budget to make your vision come to life. Treating each arrangement as if it were an artists painting, selecting colors and textures that will make an impact!

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Plants, Vases, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Elmhurst, IL Serving Chicago and Suburbs (630) 414-2038

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Michelle C

Working with Sheila was a dream. She was enthusiastic about our vision, and she brought it to life. She is an artist; I wish the flowers could last a lifetime. The bouquets and centerpieces completely blew me away. She helped us to work within our budget, and she was easy to... Read More communicate with through the planning process. We would absolutely recommend working with her!

2016-10-23T20:41:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the review!! We really appreciate your feedback! :)

Truly an artist

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Katie R

Working with Shiela was a pleasure. From our first interaction, she seemed to truly listen to what I was looking for, and knew in which direction to steer me when my botanical knowledge was lacking. She really got me and my aesthetic. Our wedding flowers were gorgeous, unique,... Read More and best of all, truly US. She's not just a florist, she's a designer, and a gifted one, and she was instrumental in making our big night a great one. Plus, she's also a cool chick to work with. I can't recommend her highly enough.

2015-10-29T12:52:29 Response from the vendor

Aw! You're a cool chick too! :) Thanks for letting me be an artist with your flowers and get creative with them, so much fun and GREAT results! XO!

The most perfect flowers!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

I first discovered Sheila's incredible artistry skills as a florist when I ordered an arrangement for my Mother, from overseas for Mother's Day in 2013. I was blown away at Sheila's kindness, willingness to go above and beyond and the gorgeous floral arrangements she can... Read More create! When James and I became engaged in September of 2013, there was no need to shop around for a florist, we knew immediately that we wanted Sheila to be the florist we worked with. We couldn't be more blown away with how our flowers turned out for our wedding day. Let me also mention, that I am a girl who loves, loves, loves flowers! I knew that the flowers we used for our wedding would help set the tone, and enhance the ambiance for our big day. Ipomea Floral exceeded every expectation and more! James and I live overseas in Australia, and as you may know planning a wedding locally can be difficult, yet alone from across the world. Sheila was so incredibly easy to work with, organised, and was able to understand the execute our vision. She is one of the loveliest people to work with, and she always goes above and beyond! Every floral arrangement, centrepiece and flowers for my hair were flawless. I can not recommend Ipomea Floral enough! Thank you Shelia for helping to make our wedding truly magical!! Xx

2014-10-08T13:33:57 Response from the vendor

Wow! This review nearly brought a tear to my eye! So SWEET! Thanks!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 gabrielle k

Where do I even begin? Sheila was absolutely wonderful from the first meeting all the way to the big day! Her work is beautiful and she had such great suggestions and really took the time to learn what I liked. Sheila made the entire process so easy and I could not imagine... Read More working with a better florist!

2017-09-17T16:32:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! You're so sweet! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Alicia S

Sheila was an absolute dream to work with! I booked her almost two years in advance because I fell in love with the soft, gardeny, romantic look of her bouquets. From the very beginning, Sheila took the time to meet with me for coffee to go over my inspiration images and ideas... Read More she had for our special day. Even after that initial meeting, Sheila responded to every single email I sent her (and there were A LOT...I mean a lot) over the course of almost two years. There was no silly question and she helped me perfect every flower, vase, and placement of each arrangement. Even after changing my mind a few times on flowers and vases, Sheila was so accommodating and made sure everything was perfect. Having the perfect flowers was one of the most important things on my list and Sheila made sure that happened to a T! When I walked in that day and saw all of the table arrangements, my bouquet, the bridesmaids, ceremony decor, place card florals, (and the list goes on and on)...I was completely blown away and Sheila truly captured everything I could't explain but wanted in my mind. She is a gem to work with and I strongly recommend her to every bride! Thank you SO much Sheila!

2017-08-02T10:45:22 Response from the vendor

I can't believe your wedding was 2 years in the making! I'm sad we're done! Cant wait until your next event! :).

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Katie K

I cannot recommend Ipomea and Sheila enough! I did a lot of research when looking for a wedding florist and chose Ipomea based on their excellent reviews both here and on Yelp and Sheila did not disappoint! From our first meeting I could tell that she was passionate about what... Read More she does and was invested in making my vision come true. I knew the flowers would be amazing but was still surprised with how perfect they were. Sheila was also wonderful to work with and was super flexible with my changes after the contract was signed and the timeline for the day of the wedding. If you're looking for a wedding florist in the Chicago land area, Ipomea is the way to go!

2017-08-02T10:45:52 Response from the vendor

I am so glad I lived up to the faith you had in me! Your flowers were truly AMAZING! :)

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lisa P

Sheila was beyond wonderful to work with. She did the flowers for our wedding in June and words could not describe how beautiful they were. When we first met, I gave her a picture of our inspiration and a few flowers we wanted to use and she was able to pull everything... Read More together even better then we could ever imagine. We received compliments the entire night and still to this day about how beautiful our flowers were. I would reccommend her to everyone!!

2017-07-27T12:15:45 Response from the vendor

Pulling things together is my favorite! :). So happy you liked your flowers! Guest compliments are so fun, aren't they?!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 kelli t

Sheila recently worked with us for our wedding in May. She does truly beautiful work. She was very easy to work with, ultra responsive to e-mail and questions and delivered the most gorgeous flowers on the day of our wedding. I absolutely loved everything about the... Read More arrangements she put together. Everything was on time and set up beautifully. We give her our highest recommendation. Thank you Sheila, for helping to make our wildest dreams come true!

2017-07-05T16:21:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! I LOVE hearing you say we helped your dreams come true!! :). You deserved a gorgeous day!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Alex A

I just had my wedding this past weekend 6/3/17 and I was blown away by the every detail Sheila and her team set up. I contacted her about a year ago to do my wedding flowers and every step since that first meeting has been easy. She fully understood my vision for the day and I... Read More was beyond pleased with the final result. She has an amazing creative mind. Thank you so much again for bringing my ideas to life!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Laura F

Everything was so beautiful! Sheila guided me through the process of picking my flowers so well and had great suggestions when I didn't quite know (or in reality, didn't know at all) what I wanted. She responded so quickly to my emails and answered all my questions without... Read More hesitation. She was by far the easiest vendor I worked with. The flowers looked amazing the whole day. I was so impressed! Thank you so much for everything, Sheila! I would highly recommend Ipomea!

2017-06-01T21:16:03 Response from the vendor

Yay! I am so glad you were impressed! Thanks for working with me, I loved your flowers too!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Emily L

I really can’t recommend a florist more highly than Sheila. I went in with very little vision - some gerbera daisies, maybe? corals and pinks? - and our personal flowers were more beautiful than anything I could have imagined. Sheila took some really vague direction from me and... Read More turned that into gorgeous arrangements. She was also very upfront about pricing and respected my budget, with no hidden fees or charges at all. Overall, she was just really fun and easy to work with, and she communicated regularly to make sure we were on the same page. I really can’t put into words how much I appreciated working with her. And my bridal bouquet stayed fresh and beautiful for about a week after the wedding, to boot!

2017-06-01T21:16:57 Response from the vendor

You were fun and easy to work with too!! Congratulations!!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Colette C

Sheila--From the initial visit at Starbucks last year to the ceremony 2 weeks ago, to today, as the beautiful flowers are beginning to wilt and start their journey to dried arrangements, EVERYTHING was impeccable. I am still fielding compliments about the designs, the flower... Read More choices and the presentation--by many who were in awe. Friends are texting to send photos so they can show others (who are now looking you up!). Your eye and ingenuity brought Marisa's vision to fruition and we couldn't be happier with the results. Thank you for all you did to make the day perfect!

2017-06-01T21:17:42 Response from the vendor

I always love to hear about my clients getting compliments from their guests! It's the best!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Marisa S

Sheila was incredible to work with! Not only was she extremely professional and honest while meeting, she was very personable and relatable. She designed our flowers to the exact vision I had in mind... and more! She knocked it out of the park. Throughout the 13 month engagement... Read More she was easy to talk to, responding to emails right away and discussing any question or concern I had. She made our wedding beyond perfect with the beautiful floral touch it needed. I highly recommend Ipomea Floral Design!

2017-06-01T21:19:41 Response from the vendor

I am so glad you liked your flowers! It was a blast bringing your vision to life!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Christine A

I came across Ipomea Floral Design when our Wedding Photographer featured some absolutely beautiful pictures of Sheila’s work on their Social Media pages. Her unique design and vision was exactly what we were looking for so I immediately reached out to her. Sheila was quick to... Read More respond and excited to set-up a meeting to discuss in more detail our vision for our wedding as well as the planning process. Now, I’ll be the first to admit that I have little knowledge when it comes to flowers. One of the many things I loved about working with Sheila was that she really took the time to breakdown the flowers in each of my inspiration pictures – She explained what each flower was as well as its structure and durability. She also provided alternatives that perfectly fit my vision if something wasn’t available. The day of our Wedding, Sheila was extremely prompt with her delivery to each of our locations and I can honestly say that the final products we received the day of our Wedding were above and beyond what we envisioned! Thank you so much, Sheila, for your talent, attention to detail and for bringing the vision we had for our Wedding to life!!

2017-06-01T21:18:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! You were awesome to work with!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Megan D

Sheila is such a talented florist and was so professional and quick to respond to any questions! She had so many creative ideas and made our wedding simply beautiful.

2016-10-26T19:50:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I LOVE knowing that we had a part in making your day special!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kate A

Brides... please do yourself a fabor and work with Sheila and Ipomea Floral Design. I didn't know what I wanted, but knew I wanted something 'unique' and 'different' ... don't we all?! Sheila and her team over delivered and reduced every stress. They understood my limited... Read More direction and delivered the most beautiful floral design, they reduced every stress with the professionalism of their process and I got SO many compliments on my bouquet. I am SO happy with every single aspect the service and would recommend them to any bride, any party or any event that wants to make a beautiful, unique and thoughtful floral statement. Please work with Sheila... you won't regret it.

2016-10-26T19:50:54 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet! I loved getting creative with your florals and thanks so much for writing a review! Xo!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Erin B

Sheila is amazing! I had zero vision about the florals I wanted at my wedding. When I sat down with Sheila she guided me on color and variety of flowers. I did not know what to expect until I arrived at the wedding and WOW was I amazed! We received so many compliments. There... Read More were flowers everywhere! Sheila is also one of the more affordable vendors out there. I stumbled upon Sheila and I am so happy I did. Any bride will be in good hands with her!! Thanks again, Sheila!

2016-10-26T19:55:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the super sweet review! I LOVED working with you and am so glad you liked your flowers! Your good taste certainly played a roll in how great they turned out!! :).

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Karly C

Couldn't have been happier with the end result! Both our ceremony flowers and reception arrangements were absolutely stunning! Also, Shiela was extremely easy to work with and responded promptly to all questions and concerns throughput the planning process. Would 100%... Read More recommend to family and friends!!

2016-10-26T19:52:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the review! I am so happy that you liked working with us! Cheers to a long and loving marriage!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Amy s

Sheila at Ipomea Floral is wonderful to work with. I was planning my wedding from afar, so I wasn't able to meet her until the day of the wedding. Sheila made it easy and fun despite the distance. She sent me detailed emails with loads of pictures and was always super... Read More responsive, which I really appreciated. Of course, the flowers were stunning. Sheila has exquisite taste; I was obsessed with the pictures I found of her work and in real life she did not disappoint. She included all of the flowers I requested and made really helpful suggestions. Our wedding guests raved about the centerpieces and arch florals. I thought the price was really reasonable given the quality of the work. To top it all off, Sheila is simply a lovely person--kind, enthusiastic, and creative. You won't regret choosing Ipomea.

2016-10-26T19:53:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for writing a review! I love that your guests were raving about the flowers! So fun!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Chelsy C

Working with Sheila was super easy! On our first meeting she went through everything, how the day goes and then what I wanted. I have to admit that I am not very flower smart, I know the very basic of what the names are. I gave her things like "the velvety one that is kind of... Read More stripey and looks like a brain" and she turned it into exactly what I wanted. Sheila helped pick out what would look good together, gave me the names and then sent me a price range for each flower I loved. The price range made it so easy and I knew which flowers were driving the price of the bouquets. I was able to know exactly what I could change to get it into the price range that I was comfortable with. The day of the wedding Sheila brought my flowers on time and I still remember seeing her walk in and being in total shock that those were mine! Not knowing much about flowers I had a vision but truly had no clue what it would look like, Sheila went above and beyond what I expected! I heard throughout the day how gorgeous the flowers were and three months later am still hearing about how great they looked.

2016-10-07T14:49:28 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! I always love hearing when brides get compliments on their flowers! :)

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Marcey B

I had the pleasure of working with Sheila and was SO happy with the presentation! We had our wedding this past weekend and I can not tell you how many compliments we got in regards to the flowers and as the bride, I absolutely LOVED them! I liked them so much that I decided to... Read More preserve and frame the flowers so I can cherish them forever. I would highly recommend Ipomea Flowers to anyone!! Thanks Sheila!!

2016-10-06T12:59:39 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! I'm so happy that your wedding went well and your flowers added to the perfect day! :)

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Allison V

Sheila is the best. After meeting with her over a year before our wedding, I knew our flowers were going to be one of my favorite parts of the big day. She was super helpful and gave great suggestions. Her work is beautiful and anything but cookie-cutter. We got so many... Read More compliments on our centerpieces, bouquets, etc. I even took one of our centerpieces with us on our Michigan honeymoon because I couldn't get enough. I would recommend Sheila & Ipomea Floral to every Chicago area bride!

2016-10-26T19:56:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! I was just looking at your gorgeous wedding pictures and re-living all the pretty!! :).

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Sara W

Sheila was maybe the most up-front and easy to work with vendor we encountered in the planning process. AND super nice! she actually seemed to have our best interests at heart, not just the bottom line. She answered emails immediately, and we had all the details wrapped up... Read More months before our big day (which was awesome with everything that comes up in the weeks before). Also, did I mention... the flowers were breathtaking!!!

2016-06-24T08:52:12 Response from the vendor

I DEFINITELY have your best interests at heart! SO SO SO happy you loved your flowers, it was so much fun working with you! Can't wait to see pictures!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Katie C

Sheila was incredible to work with. It feels like yesterday we met at Starbucks to go over my Pinterest board so she could get a feeling for what I wanted. Prior to reaching out to Sheila, I had already checked out her blog and website and loved her unique style. Sheila has... Read More incredible talent and simply just gets it. I knew my flowers were going to be beautiful, but they were beyond! She brought to life breathtaking center pieces, hanging mason jars for my church ceremony and bud vases to match my vintage farm wedding. The bridal bouquets, groomsmen boutonnières and my bridal bouquet were unreal. I think our guests are still talking about our flowers and maybe our BBQ food too ;) Sheila was also great at understanding my budget. The amount of flowers/prices were affordable and within reason. I would definitely recommend any bride to be to Sheila. You would be silly not to go with her ;) Like most brides I hear say, I wish we could do it all over again!

2015-11-05T15:02:52 Response from the vendor

I am overjoyed that you loved your flowers so much! Thanks for trusting me! I'm jealous that I never got to try your BBQ food though! ;)

Seriously, hire Ipomea!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Caroline R

I had been following Ipomea's owner, Sheila, on social media even before I got engaged - so when I decided to get married in the Chicago area hiring her was a no-brainer decision. Simply put, Sheila was incredible to work with! Even coordinating from the East Coast, she was... Read More incredibly accessible and always eager to talk through the options and next steps. Knowing she understood our taste and had the experience to make beautiful creations made my life SO much easier. Throughout the process, Sheila gave me every available option to choose from according to my taste, budget and crazy ideas - even in my most fickle, bride brain moments, if I changed my mind on a whim or something wasn't available, she always patiently listened and offered up a way to make an idea a reality. Looking back at our pictures, our flowers are absolutely one of my favorite pieces of the day. I still day dream about my bouquet! I would recommend Ipomea for any event at any budget. Sheila and her team will help bring your taste and your asthetic to life, and I can't thank her enough for it!

2015-10-27T15:35:22 Response from the vendor

So sweet! Planning a wedding from far away isn't easy and you made it look effortless! Thanks for working with me!

Sheila

With a degree in Art and Art History, I graduated college with a desire to be creative in whatever career I ended up with. I've always loved weddings, love and all things parties and soon after graduating I realized my artistic talents worked perfectly in the world of florals! Flowers are now my medium, and I love getting to be creative, meet people in love, and help them design arrangements that make them smile and make their special day even more special!