Creative and Natural Wedding photography

My candid and personal approach to photography makes you feel confident and beautiful on your wedding day- looking at your photos will make you feel like you're there again having a great time ! Engagement session included with each package.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Perfectly Captured our Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Amy S

I was married at the Carlyle Hotel in NYC in October of 2015, and worked with Ira Fox for my photography - I can't say enough good things about the experience! Ira was very familiar with the hotel and met with me and my fiancé in advance to get a sense of our style, to... Read More understand our family and friends (a list of the "must have" group photos), and to go over the flow of the actual wedding day. Ira arrived at our room at the Carlyle on time and went to work, and I was extremely impressed with his ability to work unobtrusively and affably, meeting family and engaging people so as to get everyone to the right level of comfort while he clicked away. Ira got all the great shots of the ceremony and made sure he got all the group photos I asked for. We had A LOT of fun going outside to get some terrifically atmospheric shots of us on the streets of NY in front of the iconic hotel entrance. I received my proofs very quickly - in about three weeks - and was able to use the images immediately in social media and for our holiday cards. But the really important thing? The quality of the photos! SO many people have commented on how natural and happy we looked in the photos, and we're thrilled to have great images not just of us on that day, but also of all our loved ones (including my step-daughter's dog, who attending sporting a bow tie). I highly recommend Ira Fox Photography - I can't imagine a more pleasant and professional photographer in the NYC area.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

As mother of the bride, I could only hope that my daughter’s wedding day would reflect the dream she had envisioned and described for many years. Fully experiencing and enjoying each moment of the dream day is the optimal hope and indeed was beautifully realized by both bride... Read More and groom. And having the full experience meticulously recorded -- through a chronology of artistic photography, portraiture, and candid shots -- affords all of us a lifetime of re-experiencing what was an immensely happy day for the couple as well as for their family and friends. Ira ensured that the couple’s memories will be with them throughout the decades as they re-visit the entry point of their marriage. Ira’s fanciful eye for capturing a moment, an expression, and a setting integrates into a final product of a top notch professional photography package. With the utmost confidence, we recommend Ira Fox for weddings and other special events. He is a pleasure to work with as he projects a comfortable, professional, affable style. Ira is a quick study when assessing a gathering – his acuity for understanding group dynamics beautifully streamlines the process from start to finish. We certainly look forward to working with Ira Fox on our future events.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Woodie W

We had the great honor of having Ira be our photographer for our wedding day! I cannot begin to say what an incredible experience it was to have him as our photographer and what a gorgeous outcome the photographs were! Ira had many creative ways in capturing our wedding from... Read More making sure to have a plethora of "getting ready" pictures prior to the ceremony which are some of our favorite pictures to some adorable pictures capturing the flower girls to pictures which really show the love between us. Ira's congeniality, direction, and remarkable skill allowed for us to have the most beautiful wedding pictures I could have ever imagined! All of our family and friends have said how much they have enjoyed looking through all of the many photos Ira captured of us and have complimented Ira's incredible skill! Having looked at so many wedding pictures during the planning process I never would have imagined that we would have such gorgeous pictures of our wedding but Ira's work surpasses all our dreams and expectations and are truly perfect! I highly recommend Ira to any and every couple to be their wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016

Ira was recommended to me through my best friend and I am so grateful that I went along with her recommendation. Ira is a professional and his work is beautiful! Ira provided amazing photos of our wedding and brunch the next day. I appreciated Ira's work so much that I hired him... Read More one year later for our anniversary and he delivered a fantastic experience and results, once again. Ira organized the photo shoot and he hired a make up artist and hairdresser for me. He also scouted the area with my husband to find the perfect locations. Ira is not only a professional who delivers great results, he is also a pleasure to work with. My husband and I truly enjoyed our experience with Ira and we will continue to work with Ira for future events.

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Bonnie W

I have owned photography agencies in Beverly Hills and NY for over 20 years specializing in celebrity and fashion photographers. But when it was time to choose a wedding photographer I was at a quandary. I wanted someone with no ego who would not distract from this important... Read More day , but I was also used to geting amazing results (as my standards are super high). Thank God I found Ira Fox. He never disturbed our guests, yet got great results. He also captured the nuances and details of my service and reception. He is extremely kind and very competitively priced as well. Ira Fox lived up to every expectation I had.

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Catherine F

My MIL recommended Ira for our wedding and I couldn't have been happier I took her advice! He and his assistant captured all the magic of that wonderful day without us even noticing. The photos were so much better than I imagined they would be -- it's now eleven years later and... Read More I still look through them with excitement and joy. Thank you Ira!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Brigitte Y

Great experience! Ira is a true professional with a great personality and creative eye. He made us very comfortable and he is easy to work with. Thanks for the memories!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016

Ira made our special day the best it could be. His professional approach and personal nature allowed him to get the best pictures possible. We still, 5 years later, have 3 of his pictures blown up on the walls in our apartment. We always get positive comments. Ira was a good... Read More value for the amazing effort he gave us. He caught all our special moments and then some. Ira will make any occasion you have unforgettable.

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 meredeth k

My husband and I were so pleased to have chosen Ira as our wedding photographer. From our first meeting, we felt comfortable and impressed with Ira's personality and skill as a photographer. His photos are elegant and unique, he has a very special eye for detail. He was the... Read More perfect choice for our low-key ceremony and reception. Would absolutely recommend his services to any friends.

Reviewed on 2/07/2016 Christina S

Ira Fox did a fabulous job with our wedding photography. The photos- even the posed ones- have a natural and spontaneous feel and captured all the emotion of the day. He is also very personable and relaxed and puts everyone at ease, making for great photos!

Reviewed on 2/05/2016

I am the mother of a bride. Planning a wedding with a daughter can be daunting. Finding the right gown and flowers and music can drive you nuts. But these are not lasting. Choosing a photographer is quite another matter. You look at his/her website for lighting, mood, degree of... Read More sentimentality—all those things. But ultimately what you get is a point of view. In our case, Ira Fox had all the qualities we liked and wanted in our pictures—which do last forever. But even more, we engaged his eye and his special way of making a good composition with energy and wit so that the pictures came alive. We also chose the photo booth, which turned out to be spectacular. You can’t go wrong with Ira Fox. His work is beautiful, and he is the consummate professional. I loved the photographs and loved having him share a very special day in our family history.

Reviewed on 2/02/2016

Ira was recommended to me by a close friend and co-worker who had gotten married a few years prior to us. I had admired his sense of the casual, yet elegant photos, along with his ability to really capture the mood of the day. His style is unobtrusive and Ira is happy to work... Read More with his clients to best understand their desired results. We planned our wedding at the Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers in under six months, and Ira was part of a great team that made the planning and day stress free and memorable.

Ira Fox review

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Danielle L

Ira is a great photographer to have for your wedding. He is very good at capturing all aspects of a wedding that you don't have to ask "did you take of photo of this?". His photo albums are some of the best we have ever seen, and he and his assistant go unnoticed during the... Read More ceremony and party, which is great. He also clearly listens to your wishes. Because of his photojournalistic style, the best photos of ours were those that capture spontaneity and action. The formal photos of the wedding party were not at the same standard.

Ira is great!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Emily B

Ira shot our wedding many years ago. We were very pleased with the photos. He captured some great moments. He was also a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend him.

Ira the Great

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Meredith

We love Ira's photos - his wedding shots (as well as engagement photos) were amazing.We have stayed in touch with him post wedding and he has subsequently done by maternity photos, baby photos and we use him again and again. We really enjoy working with him. Photos are... Read More beautiful!

So Creative and Wonderful to Work With

Reviewed on 1/26/2016

Ira took my wedding photos on a cold and gray Sunday in New York City. His willingness to play along and stage funny typical New York moments in our wedding photo session was so appreciated (i.e I took a bit our of a Sabrett and stood infront of the cart. I waved to a Big Apple... Read More tourist bus). The pictures turned out wonderful and have been so very treasured by me and my husband for the past 18 years.

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Lisa G

My husband and I got married in 2014 at the Penn Club. We met with the three photographers recommended by the club and decided to go with Ira, based on his photojournalistic style, which we were looking for, the quality of his work, and his easy-to-work-with personality. We had... Read More a beautiful engagement photo shoot with Ira in Central Park. We loved our wedding photos so much, we couldn't narrow them down, and ended up going with a larger album! My husband's and my favorite photos were the candid photos he took of us during the ceremony and reception, which really captured our essence and the joy we felt that day! I would highly recommend Ira.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016

Ira was wonderful! He was recommended by my now-husband's best man and his wife, and we liked him right away. He listened well to our preferences and style, and got to know us better while shooting our engagement session in Central Park. He always responded quickly to questions,... Read More and even walked through our Harlem reception site with us, as he had not shot there before. On our wedding day, he was able to put us, our family, and our wedding party and guests at ease. Most importantly, we absolutely LOVE our wedding photographs!! There are so many beautiful shots, and we have received wonderful comments from our family and friends. Lastly, Ira got our images to us very quickly. We are so happy we chose Ira, and would highly recommend him!

Fantastic wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

Ira is a wonderful photographer. He was able to capture moments of the wedding that my family and I will cherish forever. He even printed four 8 x 10 photos for us, which was great to have immediately. Ira is funny, charming, and warm, which is the perfect combo in a... Read More photographer. He was able to get beautiful 'posed' photos as well as natural/candid ones. He is responsible and delivers the edited photos right away. For any other significant event, I will certainly use Ira Fox!

Excellent Work

Reviewed on 6/28/2011 Lauren A

Easy to work with, beautiful pictures.

A Pleasure

Reviewed on 2/23/2011 Russell D

Ira was wonderful to work with. We interviewed several photographers before we decided to go with him (on a recommendation from a friend who interviewed 7 photographers!). We loved both the process and the results. One of my groomsman ended up liking him so much he used Ira... Read More for his wedding the following year.

Repeat work with Ira

Reviewed on 9/04/2010 nancy c

When I got married in 2003, I wanted a photographer who would make me feel at ease. I interviewed many photographers and walked away from them feeling nervous and unprepared. That didn't happen with Ira. He put me at ease right away. We loved our wedding shots -- he captured... Read More everything we asked for. (New York magazine also loves the photos of our wedding. For years, they showed up in the wedding editions of the magazine, and once our photo was even used for a big vendor expo they held at the Pavillion. Prior to using them, Ira asked if we were okay with all of this, even though he technically owns the rights to the photos.) Anyway, our best man also used Ira for his wedding after spending the day with Ira and then seeing how super the photos were. His photos were awesome, too. Since our wedding, we've used him twice for family photos now that we have kids. I'm sure we'll be working with Ira for a long time. Ira is laid back, strives to capture the look you seek, and is unobtrusive and polite during the event. He also allows you to have digital copies of the photos, which I really like.

One less thing to worry about ....

Reviewed on 8/12/2010 Leslie l

With so many details to be concerned about, you won't have to think about the quality of your wedding photos if you work withIra Fox and Gramercy Park Photo. First of all he's a kind, caring and very nice man. I know this "does not necessary a good photographer make," but... Read More isn't it wonderful to have someone who does a great job also be someone who is a pleasure to work with? He's open-minded, agreeable and only concerned about making your dad everything it should be. Ira was the photographer at both of my sister's weddings. Due to a conflict, he could not make my wedding. And he was missed. There are so many choices out there - it's a hard one to make. But my family loved that he is a small shop - so you meet him and you know that he is the one who will be shooting the wedding. No one needs any surprises on their wedding day! Highly recommended and highly regarded. You won't be sorry if you pick Ira!

Great photographer

Reviewed on 7/20/2010 Ali M

My husband & I hired Ira Fox as our wedding photographer back in 2006 & we were so thrilled with his work! We still look at our photos every few months & they are fabulous. He was unobtrusive & calm and his assistant was great as well! I highly recommend him for any & all NY... Read More weddings!

Reviewed on 7/19/2010 Emily S

We were thrilled with Ira's work and he is such a pleasure to know. His shots capture all of the important moments that you didn't even know were happening. His style is low-key, unobtrusive, and considerate. I would use Ira Fox Photography again in a heartbeat and I have... Read More recommended him to all of my friends and family. Great guy, great photographs.

Ira Fox

Ira Fox is a native New Yorker who has photographed hundreds of weddings over the last fifteen years.He loves to shoot close and be part of the action.His candid and natural style produce frame by frame moments of love and laughter. Ira’s work has been featured in New York Magazine, NY Modern Bride, Manhattan Bride, Get Married and The New York Times.

Start a Conversation!