Let us help you plan your dream St. Thomas Wedding
We are wedding designers who work primarily with St. Thomas weddings. Give us your vision, your colors and a general budget requirement, and we will use that to make your wedding dreams come true!
Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning
Irie Matrimony Weddings + Events Reviews
Share your thoughts with other couples
Reviewed On 12/31/2022 by Mandi W
It has been almost a year since my wedding, arranged by Irie Matrimony. I wanted to wait a while to let things simmer before writing out a review.
I would describe this company as disorganized and generally shady. I chose Irie Matrimony becaus...
e of the good reviews (in retrospect I suspect that many of these are not written by actual customers) and because I had hoped that having a wedding planner would make things easier and stress-free. I wish that I could say that Irie Matrimony accomplished this, but it was the opposite.
I’ll start with the pros:
* Any wedding will be beautiful in the Virgin Islands. The location is truly what made up for all of the stress that the sisters who own Irie Matrimony caused.
* The food at the vendor we chose (Sunset Grille), the DJ, the officiant and the steel pan drummer that we had at the wedding were all wonderful and professional.
* The wedding arch, centerpieces and flowers were all beautiful and well done. Though I will say that the arch was missing a component that we agreed on via the portal that Irie Matrimony uses.
* Throughout the planning process there seemed to be a lot of confusion. They would send an email asking me a question (I.e. “which of these photographers would you like?”) and I would answer it (I.e. “Blue Glass Photography”) and then several weeks later they would ask again as though I had never responded in the first place. This happened numerous times with a number of different situations.
* They forgot to include one of the girls in my bridal party (there were only 3) in the invoice so we were short one bouquet for the wedding and had to scramble to put something together last minute. I can take ownership that I should have double checked the invoice, but they were told many, many times how many girls were in my bridal party and missed it anyway.
* The photographer (Blue Glass Photography) was AWFUL. I don’t know how much this had to do with Blue Glass and how much was due to poor coordination from Irie Matrimony. The photographer that arrived for the wedding was not who I paid for, but was instead his “apprentice”. I was told that the actual photographer would arrive later but he never showed. The apprentice photographer did not seem to have any idea what to do, seemed confused about what his job was, and gave us no direction at all for photographs.
* The space we had agreed to for the reception was changed the day before the wedding. I had paid $700 for “cafe lighting” but that wasn’t doable in the new space. I was told I would be refunded. Irie Matrimony put up some Christmas lights around the entrance and insisted that this was a $1000 item and only refunded me $200.
* The day before the wedding they told me that the wedding would be held half an hour earlier than they had originally told me. This means that the time on the invitations would have had my guests arriving 30 minutes late to the wedding. This left me scrambling to make sure everyone knew and added a lot of stress.
* Our seating arrangements were completely wrong for the reception.
* The wedding planner was actively high throughout the wedding itself. Several of my guests mentioned seeing her using in the parking lot. I wouldn’t actually care so much about this except for how poorly everything was handled. So it was insult to injury.
* We literally had to start the process of walking down the aisle all over again because they were so disorganized.
Reviewed On 4/14/2021 by Cassandra E
I would recommend this vendor over anyone, And I mean anyone! They were incredible to work with and my wedding was better than I could have imagined it. Everyone attending said it was the funnest and best plan wedding they had ever attended. Ev...
ery detail was perfect! I used most of their services and they were all well worth it.
Reviewed On 1/18/2021 by James S
Where to begin! Not only did Laysha nail the planning of a wedding in less than a week, she helped tremendously with my proposal as well. Within a week Laysha planned a 10-person wedding at a beautiful villa in Saint John. Catered, flowers, the...
works. She used her connections to push our wedding license through and connected us with an amazing photographer. Thanks again Laysha, we appreciate you so much.
Reviewed On 6/12/2019 by Alexa C
Laysha is honestly amazing! She made our special day so perfect and was there the entire step of the way! Couldn’t be happier with her. Highly recommend
Reviewed On 5/13/2017 by Chelsea W
words can not express how thankful we were to have Laysha Powers be our coordinator! from the very first email she was on top of things!! asked all the right questions needed to make our wedding day exactly what we wanted. her attention to deta...
il helped our day feel like a dream. throughout the 6 months of planning, from thousand of miles away, Laysha kept us informed, in the loop, and comfortable. when we finally met her face to face days before our wedding, her demeanor kept us relaxed, which was such a nice feeling. every vendor she selected for us turned out to be perfect for our style. we credit that to her outstanding professionalism. the day of she even added little extra touches to to make our table look extra special. our wedding was amazing thanks to Laysha! saying we would highly recommend Irie Matrimony is an understatement.