Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club

St. Petersburg, FL

Book Your Wedding with Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club

A BEACH IN ST. PETERSBURG, FL

Nestled between St. Petersburg and St. Pete Beach on Florida's west coast, Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club offers discerning couples a polished and unique wedding venue. Set in a romantic oceanfront location in Boca Ciega Bay, this delightful location provides a range of indoor spaces and outdoor settings in which to hold your celebrations. This venue is suitable for events such as bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies and stylish receptions. Couples can also take advantage of the dramatic waterfront location for their wedding photography. The spaces on offer at Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club include:

The ballroom. With glorious vistas over Boca Ciega Bay, chandeliers and a built-in wooden dance floor, the ballroom exudes timeless glamour. It is suitable for cocktail receptions as well as seated dining.

The lobby. This bright and airy space features a cascading two-story waterfall and glassed stairway. It is a picture-ideal spot for wedding photographs.

The private beach. For couples who envisage an outdoor ceremony, Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club provides a spectacular private beach. You can exchange your vows under a charming gazebo next to the waves.

Ocean-loving couples who choose to celebrate their weddings at Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club can rely on the services of a dedicated team of planners. Initially, to-be-weds are asked to contact the venue via email or telephone to discuss their requirements. The team will assist you in creating the wedding of your dreams with a range of wedding packages, as well as customized options and enhancements.

The professional planners will help you to select approved vendors from their extensive lists, which include florists, photographers, limo providers and entertainers. Tables, chairs, linens, chinaware and glasses are included in the wedding package. Catering is provided by the talented in-house culinary team led by an executive chef. They will work with you to design your wedding menu. You may select from suggested dishes or devise a personalized menu. Sample dinner menus include mouth-watering options such as chili-cured grouper topped with lobster, shrimp and mandarin orange hollandaise sauce or spinach and Boursin-cheese-stuffed chicken finished with a fig and balsamic syrup.

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club operates a strict dress code. Guests, including visiting vendors, are not permitted to wear t-shirts, shorts, tank tops or hats (indoors). Cell phones are restricted in the clubhouse.

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club is located minutes away from a variety of high-quality gulf beach hotels and the planning team can assist you in selecting accommodations for the wedding party and guests. This exclusive venue also offers a range of on-site activities. These include:

• An 18-hole golf course
  • Clay tennis courts
  • A fitness center
  • An outdoor pool

Perfect When Perfect Counts…

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club provides a beautiful Ballroom overlooking Boca Ciega Bay in which to host wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, cocktail parties, Bar/Bat Mitzvah celebrations and all types of business events.

Waterfront, Country Club, Cruise

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

6000 Sun Blvd., St. Petersburg, FL (727) 828-0003

Awesome!

Reviewed on 3/28/2014 Ali C

The location was great, as our guests stayed in downtown st. Pete. The venue is beautiful and right on the water. Alan was an amazing help in getting prepared. The food was amazing. All around wonderful venue for a wedding!

Just what we were looking for in a wedding venue!

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 Melissa F

When my husband and I were planning our wedding we were looking for a venue that could provide a beautiful beachside ceremony site and an inside reception location, and as soon as I saw what Isla could provide we were sold! Knowing Florida weather can change unexpectedly, it... Read More was great to know that they had an inside ceremony location as well. We were fortunate enough to have amazing weather, and all of the guests couldn't stop remarking how beautiful the ceremony site was. Not to mention the perfect view of the sunset during the ceremony and while we were having our pictures done afterwards. Our theme was nautical, so the atmosphere was perfect! Alan, Rossi and the their staff were absolutely wonderful. Our guests have repeatedly told us how organized and perfect our wedding was, and that's just what a bride and groom want to hear! When we were enjoying ourselves towards the end of the reception and weren't ready for the party to end Alan was kind enough to allow us to stay an additional 30 minutes. An extra bonus is that Alan designs and creates beautiful jewelry. He was kind enough to design a necklace that went perfectly with my dress and earrings to match. Now I have my own special pieces that I can pass down in my family.

Perfect Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Rebecca R

I couldn't be happier with our gorgeous wedding that was held at Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club. Alan Skipper is truly a delight to work with. He is a complete professional and helps make your visions a reality. I met with him SEVERAL times throughout my engagement and walked... Read More away from every meeting thinking that I couldn't believe he was so thorough and willing to spend so much time with me going over every detail. He loves his job and it is very evident. He is exactly the kind of person you want to work with during wedding planning! Thank you, Alan, for helping our wedding day truly turn out to be a complete dream. Also, just from a practical standpoint...I fell in love with the venue because the location is beautiful, the indoor options (backup plans for rain) are fabulous, the food is delicious and the bar is gorgeous. My entire wedding came from out of town and everyone was so pleased to be next to the water without being on the public beach. There are really wonderful "rain options" if you have to move the party inside. It's such a relief to know that even if the weather doesn't cooperate you have a beautiful backup plan.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Mike R

I can't stress just how fantastic Isla Del Sol was about everything. Through the entire planning process and up through the actual wedding day, they were completely accommodating. Melissa and Liz in particular were great. My wife and I had told each other repeatedly to expect... Read More something to go wrong on the wedding day. Chances are, things won't go 100% perfectly. Being in Florida and having an outside ceremony, you always have to be wary of rain. Even so, Isla made sure that there was a contingency plan for everything. The best part about Isla though is how enthusiastic and excited they were to make our wedding day exactly what we wanted. Every little girl dreams of their fairy tale wedding, and my wife is no exception. Melissa really took my wife's ideas to heart and went above and beyond to make her vision come to life. From a beautiful and picturesque venue, to fantastic food, to wonderfully helpful staff, Isla Del Sol really does have it all. I would highly recommend to anybody looking for a venue to give Isla some serious consideration. They really helped make our special day perfect.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Ashley C

I can not rave about Isla Del Sol enough! This is by far the best wedding venue and the staff is incredible! Melissa is the most knowledgeable, helpful, and sweetest person in the business! She was on top of everything.. emails, scheduling, timeline, etc. The day of the wedding,... Read More Melissa kept me calm and reassured me the whole day when many changes were made due to weather. The venue is GORGEOUS.. the beach, the golf course, the ocean, the bridge, and so much more. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests on how beautiful the venue was and how incredible the food tasted. The food is so delicious!! Isla was also the only venue that could fit our wedding that had the ceremony on the private beach outside and the reception indoor overlooking the ocean... even Plan B (which we had to do because of weather) was still beautiful and overlooked some of the water. Isla Del Sol is such a wonderful place and an incredible wedding venue!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Ashley G

Isla Del Sol was the first and only place that my husband and I looked at to have our reception! It was so breathtaking and Melissa was such a sweetheart, we didn't want to look anywhere else! Melissa was always there to answer questions, no matter how big or small! She was very... Read More helpful during the planning process and our wedding reception was just as I have always dreamt it would be! Absolutely beautiful and romantic with the views of the water every corner you turned! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Krystina G

We had our wedding on the beach at Isla del Sol in April and it was absolutely incredible. The venue is gorgeous, the food was amazing and you get the entire place to yourself on your big day. Working with Melissa made everything that much better. She is so quick to respond to... Read More your questions/concerns, offers advice when you ask for it, and doesn't push her own opinions on you. She is also very sweet and never makes you feel like you are bothering her! These things were especially important for us since we were planning our wedding from New York. I cannot imagine having our wedding anywhere else.

C-

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Jessica A

C- would be my overall rating for our experience at this venue. Just coming off of our other daughter’s wedding not long ago, handled marvelously by Sandra at the Tampa Club, we had pretty high expectations for wanting something just a wonderful for our other daughter.... Read More Unfortunately, Isla Del Sol Yacht and Country Club fell short of the mark. Overall the event turned out okay, but issues did arise all the way through the planning procedure, right to the cleanup process. The location was beautiful with the small beach area, beautiful waterways, and surrounding greens for golf. There were docks made available for pictures and other interesting secluded, but distant, areas for more photos barring enough time to travel to them by golf cart. The dining area was beautiful from its almost full panorama of windows overlooking the water, to the two beautiful chandeliers hanging in the center of the rooms. The dance floor unfortunately had not been polished to remove an excessive amount of scratch and scuff marks on it as had been promised. The first issue was the non-member fee charged, so expect an added expense here to the tune of $1,200. The information given to my daughter, son-in-law, and then myself, in speaking to the event coordinator initially at different times, was conflicting regarding what they would and would not do, and would or would not allow, which added to frustrations in everyone having correct information and being able to make informed decisions. Then there was the issue of the clubs outdated upholstered dining armed chairs; upholstery so hideous it would not work with anyone’s color scheme. But, they saved the day by having available, for an additional rental fee of $3.50 per chair, specially made chair covers that were the only ones that would fit their chairs. We were assured the color was ivory and that their tablecloths matched. In the end, the tablecloths did not match their specially made, had to rent chair covers as promised. The tablecloths were more of a yellow and the chair covers more of a soft white—a true ivory. Now, let’s talk about the taste testing and what was actually served for the meal at the time of the reception. Overall, their prices were very reasonable per meal. Everything we requested for our taste testing and served up was superb, but the meal for the actually reception was not the same. One of the meals we went with was the Lemon Grass Grouper which was served at the taste testing WITHOUT breading and with a nice size portion of a delicious sauce over it. At the reception, we were served the requested Lemon Grass Grouper, but it had some type of breading on it and was only barely drizzled with the sauce…two completely different main entrees. The vegetable side was also different. Then there was their $5,000 food minimum purchase which forced us to purchase unnecessary and unused items. When purchasing additional food/drink items to meet our minimum, we were NOT charged by consumption, but instead by overall headcount. We paid for everyone to have soda and other items, even though there were only a few people that partook. Storage of decorations was another issue. And, even with having several friends in charge of overseeing cleanup I still ended up with missing decorations, some of them pretty pricey! Beautiful location, but with the miscommunications, rules, and fees, this is a dyeing club struggling to stay in business, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

2015-08-11T16:25:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It was disheartening to hear your feedback as none of these items were ever brought up to the club at any time so that we could have corrected them for you. Based on all... Read Less Read More

C-

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Kathy A

C- would be my overall rating for our experience at this venue. Just coming off of our other daughter’s wedding not long ago, handled marvelously by Sandra at the Tampa Club, we had pretty high expectations for wanting something just a wonderful for our other daughter.... Read More Unfortunately, Isla Del Sol Yacht and Country Club fell short of the mark. Overall the event turned out okay, but issues did arise all the way through the planning procedure, right to the cleanup process. The location was beautiful with the small beach area, beautiful waterways, and surrounding greens for golf. There were docks made available for pictures and other interesting secluded, but distant, areas for more photos barring enough time to travel to them by golf cart. The dining area was beautiful from its almost full panorama of windows overlooking the water, to the two beautiful chandeliers hanging in the center of the rooms. The dance floor unfortunately had not been polished to remove an excessive amount of scratch and scuff marks on it as had been promised. The first issue was the non-member fee charged, so expect an added expense here to the tune of $1,200. The information given to my daughter, son-in-law, and then myself, in speaking to Melissa initially at different times, was conflicting regarding what they would and would not do, and would or would not allow, which added to frustrations in everyone having correct information and being able to make informed decisions. Then there was the issue of the clubs outdated upholstered dining armed chairs; upholstery so hideous it would not work with anyone’s color scheme. But, they saved the day by having available, for an additional rental fee of $3.50 per chair, specially made chair covers that were the only ones that would fit their chairs. We were assured the color was ivory and that their tablecloths matched. In the end, the tablecloths did not match their specially made, had to rent chair covers as promised. The tablecloths were more of a yellow and the chair covers more of a soft white—a true ivory. Now, let’s talk about the taste testing and what was actually served for the meal at the time of the reception. Overall, their prices were very reasonable per meal. Everything we requested for our taste testing and served up was superb, but the meal for the actually reception was not the same. One of the meals we went with was the Lemon Grass Grouper which was served at the taste testing WITHOUT breading and with a nice size portion of a delicious sauce over it. At the reception, we were served the requested Lemon Grass Grouper, but it had some type of breading on it and was only barely drizzled with the sauce…two completely different main entrees. The vegetable side was also different. Then there was their $5,000 food minimum purchase which forced us to purchase unnecessary and unused items. When purchasing additional food/drink items to meet our minimum, we were NOT charged by consumption, but instead by overall headcount. We paid for everyone to have soda and other items, even though there were only a few people that partook. Storage of decorations was another issue. And, even with having several friends in charge of overseeing cleanup I still ended up with missing decorations, some of them pretty pricey! Beautiful location, but with the miscommunications, rules, and fees, this is a dyeing club struggling to stay in business, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

2015-08-11T16:23:20 Response from the vendor

Reception venue

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Dana H

We had our reception in the large room upstairs. It was beautiful over looking the water. The staff set up every table to our liking and even placed all quest favors at every place setting. The food was absolutely fantastic and even guests said they were surprised at how... Read More delicious the food was. They were very easy to work with and the venue event planner is available at the event the entire time, should anything arise.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/03/2013 Danielle W

Isla del Sol is a hidden gem on St.Petersburg Beach. It has amazing views, a private beach with paved gazebo area, a hall with a wall of huge windows to watch the sun set, great food, and the best staff! Alan Skipper is phenomenal. He is the most engaging, knowledgable, calm,... Read More creative, and enthusiastic planner I have ever met. Alan made our wedding run smoothly, kept me calm, and ensured our guests were taken care of. His experience was so valuable as we made all of the decisions for our wedding. ALL of our guests - local and out of town - were very impressed! It was just perfect!

Great spot for our rehearsal dinner

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Lisa H

We held our rehearsal dinner at Isla del Sol. We were originally planning to have more of a casual event out by the pool, but we ended up doing a more formal dinner in the upstairs dining room, and I'm glad we did. Everything was great - service from Alan Skipper and his staff,... Read More quality and presentation of food, and overall environment/atmosphere. The only hiccups we experienced were in the contract negotiation phase, but once we got those details ironed out, all was well.

the food is the best part!

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Ryann B

Their food rocks! plus we held our rehearsal by the pool and people couldnt believe the beautiful views of the intercoastal, the yaghts, and st pete beach. The service was pretty incredible too.

Isla Wedding in July

Reviewed on 8/21/2011 Lauren K

My fiancé and I knew that we wanted our venue to have GORGEOUS views of the water since we decided to get married over in St. Pete. After looking at countless hotels on the beach, we hadn’t found what we were looking for because all their ballrooms had barely any water views and... Read More some didn’t even have windows. Then, we found Isla Del Sol Yacht and Country Club! The Grille Room (ceremony room) and Ballroom (reception room) have ceiling to floor windows with the most gorgeous views of the Boca Ciega Bay! We met with Alan Skipper, the director of catering, and were convinced that this was the venue for us. Alan is fun and creative and made us excited to have our ceremony and reception at Isla. We worked closely together over the next year, and Alan was professional and quick to respond to my emails and phone calls. He has been in this business for years and almost every single vendor(s) he recommended were phenomenal and we usually went with one of them. Our wedding was COMPLETELY AMAZING. It was so nice knowing that we were the only wedding of the day (at some of the hotels you’re 1 of 5 weddings taking place that day) and all attention and focus was on our event. The ceremony and reception room were absolutely gorgeous! The staff was all extremely professional and the food was delicious! Alan is very organized and even had a timeline to ensure the night went smoothly. We could not have asked for a more incredible wedding ceremony and reception and truly thank everyone at Isla Del Sol Yacht and Country Club for helping our vision become a reality. My husband and I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a private location with gorgeous views and a phenomenal staff!

Beautiful waterfront venue, Amazing food

Reviewed on 6/05/2011 Erin M

Beautiful country club on the Boca Ciega Bay. The country club is closed to all other events on Saturdays, so the club is exclusively yours for the day. And they have an onsite coordinator who has been in the business for years, who helped us a lot throughout the planning... Read More process. We ended up using almost all of the vendors he recommended. We chose to use this venue for both our ceremony and reception. The ceremony gazebo is on a small beach on the bay near all of the beautiful boats. The aisle has pavers laid so you can still wear your heels on the beach. Beautiful photo ops with the water and the boats. The reception room was very spacious for my guest list of 80, but it holds much more. The room has panoramic window with amazing bay and sunset views. And the food...the best food I've ever had (wedding or otherwise). If you are looking for a classy, beachy wedding venue (without all the tourists in bathing suits in the background of all your pictures), this is the place for you.

Fantastic Reception

Reviewed on 5/23/2011 Kimberly B

This location for a reception is fantastic! The view is incredible and the food was amazing. I have never been to a wedding where every single person raved about their food. Alan is great to work with and goes out of his way to make your day so special! also, since the... Read More location is a club, there is not much decorating to be done - only the flowers. We would recommend Isla, Alan, and his staff to everyone!

Review for Isla del Sol Yacht & Country Club

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Ashley S

It has the perfect set up to get married right there on the beach. I was still happy with the rain plan in case that was needed. It's one of the few places in the area where the reception room is filled with windows to enjoy the beautiful view.;They weren't very detail... Read More oriented. They were a little too laid back for me for such a big event. I hired a day-of-the-wedding coordinator/event planner to ensure that everything went as I had planned.