Island Palms Hotel & Marina

San Diego, CA

Book Your Wedding with Island Palms Hotel & Marina

A BALLROOM IN SAN DIEGO, CA

Set along scenic Shelter Island in San Diego, California, Island Palms Hotel and Marina offers a romantic setting for the classic waterfront wedding. Picturesque views over the Pacific Ocean, Point Loma and the venue's private yacht marina complete the package. San Diego's warm, sunny weather offers up the possibilities for a beautiful outdoor wedding any time of the year. The well-appointed, stylish banquet halls and rooms provide an ideal atmosphere for mingling, dining and dancing following your charming garden ceremony.

Capable of catering to both smaller, more intimate weddings and larger grand affairs, Island Palms Hotel and Marina provides incredible photo backdrops and an upscale level of service. The hotel offers couples the choice to hold their ceremony in two striking waterfront gardens. Sunset photos set against the beautiful ocean backdrop provide an amazing way to capture the day.

The hotel's numerous comfortable, spacious rooms provide a calming place for couples and their guests to rest and recuperate the night before the big day. A fantastic variety of catering options allows you to design your dream wedding menu, which can be served in any of the following reception rooms.

The Grand Marina Ballroom. Located just mere steps from the ocean, the Grand Marina Ballroom offers spectacular views of the marina through its large, stylish front windows—providing exceptional views as the sun begins to set. This space can accommodate up to 200 guests at a seated reception, or 150 guests at a banquet-style affair complete with dance floor.

The Sunset Room. The Sunset Room provides even grander views over the city and the marina, as it's located on the second floor. The room's high ceilings create an expansive feel, yet still in a bit cozier setting than the ballroom. With capacity to accommodate a banquet-style reception for 100 or a seated reception for 150, this room offers both versatility and class.

The Santa Barbara, Harbor and Bay Rooms. These three smaller reception halls are all decorated in the hotel's signature, tasteful style, but each with its own special twist. Couples wishing to hold a more intimate reception will feel right at home in these elegant spaces, all of which have a capacity for around 80 guests.

As a full-service wedding venue, Island Palms Hotel and Marina offers accommodation, ceremony, reception and catering all in one. Couples can choose from a variety of catering and wedding packages, including the Plumeria, Hibiscus and Wild Orchid packages. All wedding packages include hors d'oeuvres, complimentary champagne and cider toast and cake cutting service. As well, the venue also provides all tables, chairs, white linens, votive candles and a wooden parquet dance floor to keep the party going.

When booking a reception, couples are assigned one of the reception rooms based on availability and the number of guests. The reception room is reserved for the wedding for a total of five hours, although additional time can be pre-purchased at a per-hour rate. A deposit is required at the time of booking and 50 percent of the estimated balance is due three months before the wedding. The remaining balance must then be paid at least three days prior to the event. As well, a final guest count must also be provided at least three days before the wedding to allow the venue to determine the final cost.

Although the hotel generally allows couples to decorate the reception room as they please, decorations may not be taped, stapled or tacked to walls, ceilings or other surfaces. The hotel also prohibits the use of confetti, glitter or chocolate fountains on the premises.

The hotel's special events staff are on hand to provide any help or assistance the couple needs either in planning their wedding or on the big day, and can even provide ceremony and event coordination. Finding high quality wedding professionals is definitely not a problem, as couples will be provided with a list of vendor referrals. A number of additional benefits are also provided that make the venue that bit extra special, including:

• Complimentary wedding suite for the bride and groom
  • Discounted room rates for wedding guests
  • Archway, carpet runner, chairs and PA system provided for garden ceremonies

If this isn't enough, Island Palms Hotel and Marina also offers couples the choice of the following additional options.

• Photography and videography
  • Centerpieces
  • Event décor
  • Menus and place cards
  • DJ services
  • Event lighting
  • Transportation

The perfect view to say "I DO!"

Our beautiful, newly-remodeled, waterfront property has Marina and Bay View Banquet facilities that will comfortably accommodate groups from 20-150 people. Our "Island" Paradise atmosphere is the ideal setting for wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners and/or guest rooms in San Diego.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2051 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA (619) 814-1115

Amazing Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Janee W

I loved working with Michael DaSilva and the staff at Island Palms Hotel and Marina. From the start everyone was professional, kind, and attentive. Michael was always available to discuss details of my wedding reception. As an out of town bride I required a certain amount of... Read More accommodation. Michael and staff had no problem working with me. My guests are still talking about the amazing view, food, and service. I was very fortunate to find the Island Palm Hotel and Marina. I cannot imagine my wedding at any other venue.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Katie b

I had 3 weeks to plan a wedding and Chris helped my mother and me pull it together. It turned out so perfect I can't even tell you! It was a beautiful ceremony in the garden and we could just walk to the reception hall, which had a big window view of the marina. Also, there is... Read More a bar in the hotel for the "after party". The food was super delicious as well. I wasn't expecing anything great, but it was amazing!The hor d'ourves were a huge hit, the Sea Bass was amazing, and everyone loved the Filet Mignon.

Island Palms was AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2/16/2011 Shelby E

Everything about doing the wedding at the Island Palms was amazing! Rachael was the coordinator (we originally started with Martha, but she moved) and she was so helpful! We originally planned on having it in a smaller room, but when the bar would have to be outside and we... Read More were concerned, they upgraded us to the medium-sized room at no extra charge with the same food & beverage minimum! Everything went off without a hitch, they really went out of their way to make our wedding special. And it was. Definitely. Prices were also extremely reasonable, and it was nice to have an opportunity in the package to have centerpieces, cake, and alcohol all included!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Barbara O

We originally booked our wedding (after very thorough research and comparison) 10 months out, but we found out we were pregnant and moved the wedding up sooner. I planned this wedding in 3 months and Kristen K was AMAZING. I had no idea what I was doing and she listened so well... Read More and had great intuition about what I'd like best or how to do certain things, just great all around! She was patient, very informative and sensitive to my needs and style - I couldn’t have done it without her. :) The venue is gorgeous and my photos are amazing (partly because of the photographer) but you can't go wrong with the view! The food was unforgettably delicious (we still have guests telling us it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding), and guests also noted how wonderful the service from staff was!!! Our families felt extremely welcomed when they checked into the resort and loved all of the amenities that came with staying as a guest. This place has it all, great package options for all budgets, room discounts for guests, and breathtaking views of the bay, downtown and the point. Our day was simply amazing and couldn’t imagine any other way. Thank you!

The Best Venue Any Bride Can Hope For!

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Liliana S

My fiancee and I began the wedding reception venue search at San Diego's bridal bazaar for our March 8th wedding. We just happened to pick up a brochure from the Island Palms Hotel and Marina and boy was it a blessing! After inquiring about prices, we set up an appointment to... Read More meet with Michael Da Silva. He was laid back, yet listened to what we were looking for in a venue. We looked into other venues, but what sold us on the Island Palm is their willingness to negotiate several things with us, and even allowed us to bring in our own wine and champagne (with a corkage fee, but it still saved us money). Our entire planning process was smooth, stress free, and they kept us on point with when to do certain things (order linens, sash, etc). Half way through our planning process, Michael left and our event was given to Lauren Miller. Now, we had heard nightmare stories from other couples about this happening, but the transition was so smooth it's as if Lauren had been working with us from the beginning. She picked up exactly where Michael left off and was amazing and easy to work with. They have incredible vendors that you can choose to work with, which made coordinating the cake and flowers super easy. Anything we needed they were there to help us out. The venue is beautiful and combine that with amazing service and San Diego weather and what results is a beautiful wedding. Our guests loved the food and the service was on point. We received so many compliments about the location. Our families stayed in the hotel the entire weekend, and they loved the rooms and beautiful views. They even gave us a discount on rooms without been tied to a particular number of rooms. Island Palm is a hidden gem! They are super good at getting back to you and ensuring that all goes right on your special day. We are so happy we picked them as our venue. Thank you Lauren and staff at the Island Palms for making our big day so incredible!

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 5/12/2011 Ha T

I was very impress with the service. Michael is my contact and he is excellent. The venue is beautiful. We did our ceremony in the garden and reception inside one of the banquet hall. There were some hickup with setting up but everyone was very accommodating and the wedding was... Read More perfect. I love the fact that they allow you to bring your own wine, and their beer pricing is reasonable. We got lucky to lock in the 2010 rate before they update the menu. Overall, it was a great experience. I totally would recommend it to other brides.

Food was Awful!

Reviewed on 1/10/2011 Abby E

I had many issues with this venue but I have to say the most irritating was that of the food quantity and quality. I relied on the hotel to tell me how much food i would need, yet we ran out of food half way through our guests. My stations were not manned as they were supposed... Read More to be and I was told the food was cold! The employee who was in charge of helping me refused to recognize what I wanted and kept calling my wedding a cocktail party! It made me nuts that he just didn't understand that although I wanted to serve cocktail type foods, I did not want a cocktail party! After the wedding, I sent a 4 page letter to the manager of the hotel explaining all of my issues, concerns, and complaints. Although in the end I was refunded some of my money, I was told by a response letter that the food issues were my own fault and my guests must have just ate too much!!!! There are so many beautiful venues to get married at and this is one of them. However, I would not recommend this venue based solely on the food and the response to my complaint.

Island Palms San Diego

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Katey T

Our venue was gorgeous, the food was amazing, and the staff there were very accomodating!! We had a great experience

Loved everything!

Reviewed on 11/10/2010 Vanessa J

The food was amazing. The filet mignon was very tender and it was amazing that they were able to provide such high quality to 150 guests. The service was great and after the wedding I heard really great things from everyone. The only disappointment I had was with the cake not... Read More everyone got any cake and we lost the top portion of our cake. I think they should have done a better job of handing over the top portion of the cake. I'd suggest having them physically handing it to you and then giving it to someone you trust or making sure someone gets it at the end of the night. Other than that everything was fabulous! Mike DaSilva did a really great job!