Island Palms Hotel & Marina

San Diego, CA

Affordable Waterfront Weddings

From an intimate ceremony on one of our bay front lawns, to a romantic reception overlooking our private marina with the twinkling lights of Point Loma as a backdrop, the Island Palms is a perfect island paradise for your wedding. Our bay and marina view hotel rooms and suites are a perfect way to spend your first night as husband and wife. All wedding packages include a complimentary honeymoon suite.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2051 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA (619) 814-1115

Amazing Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Janee W

I loved working with Michael DaSilva and the staff at Island Palms Hotel and Marina. From the start everyone was professional, kind, and attentive. Michael was always available to discuss details of my wedding reception. As an out of town bride I required a certain amount of... Read More accommodation. Michael and staff had no problem working with me. My guests are still talking about the amazing view, food, and service. I was very fortunate to find the Island Palm Hotel and Marina. I cannot imagine my wedding at any other venue.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Katie b

I had 3 weeks to plan a wedding and Chris helped my mother and me pull it together. It turned out so perfect I can't even tell you! It was a beautiful ceremony in the garden and we could just walk to the reception hall, which had a big window view of the marina. Also, there is... Read More a bar in the hotel for the "after party". The food was super delicious as well. I wasn't expecing anything great, but it was amazing!The hor d'ourves were a huge hit, the Sea Bass was amazing, and everyone loved the Filet Mignon.

Island Palms was AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2/16/2011 Shelby E

Everything about doing the wedding at the Island Palms was amazing! Rachael was the coordinator (we originally started with Martha, but she moved) and she was so helpful! We originally planned on having it in a smaller room, but when the bar would have to be outside and we... Read More were concerned, they upgraded us to the medium-sized room at no extra charge with the same food & beverage minimum! Everything went off without a hitch, they really went out of their way to make our wedding special. And it was. Definitely. Prices were also extremely reasonable, and it was nice to have an opportunity in the package to have centerpieces, cake, and alcohol all included!

Reviewed on 3/23/2018 Rebecca C

Great hotel on Shelter Island. The Sunset Garden is perfect for an outdoor wedding. Our guests loved the whole experience especially the outdoor cocktail reception. Great price for a wedding on the water.

Reviewed on 3/23/2018 Alicia B

This review is long overdue! My now husband and I got married at the Island Palms this past Fall and everything was perfect. Such a great hotel. We created a custom buffet and our guests loved the food. This is not your typical hotel ballroom. Nothing stuffy about the Sunset... Read More Room with the views of the marina. Also a great place for out of town friends and family to stay for the weekend. We had a group of 15 rooms and it made the whole weekend seem like our wedding day. Thanks Island Palms!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Barbara O

We originally booked our wedding (after very thorough research and comparison) 10 months out, but we found out we were pregnant and moved the wedding up sooner. I planned this wedding in 3 months and Kristen K was AMAZING. I had no idea what I was doing and she listened so well... Read More and had great intuition about what I'd like best or how to do certain things, just great all around! She was patient, very informative and sensitive to my needs and style - I couldn’t have done it without her. :) The venue is gorgeous and my photos are amazing (partly because of the photographer) but you can't go wrong with the view! The food was unforgettably delicious (we still have guests telling us it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding), and guests also noted how wonderful the service from staff was!!! Our families felt extremely welcomed when they checked into the resort and loved all of the amenities that came with staying as a guest. This place has it all, great package options for all budgets, room discounts for guests, and breathtaking views of the bay, downtown and the point. Our day was simply amazing and couldn’t imagine any other way. Thank you!

The Best Venue Any Bride Can Hope For!

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Liliana S

My fiancee and I began the wedding reception venue search at San Diego's bridal bazaar for our March 8th wedding. We just happened to pick up a brochure from the Island Palms Hotel and Marina and boy was it a blessing! After inquiring about prices, we set up an appointment to... Read More meet with Michael Da Silva. He was laid back, yet listened to what we were looking for in a venue. We looked into other venues, but what sold us on the Island Palm is their willingness to negotiate several things with us, and even allowed us to bring in our own wine and champagne (with a corkage fee, but it still saved us money). Our entire planning process was smooth, stress free, and they kept us on point with when to do certain things (order linens, sash, etc). Half way through our planning process, Michael left and our event was given to Lauren Miller. Now, we had heard nightmare stories from other couples about this happening, but the transition was so smooth it's as if Lauren had been working with us from the beginning. She picked up exactly where Michael left off and was amazing and easy to work with. They have incredible vendors that you can choose to work with, which made coordinating the cake and flowers super easy. Anything we needed they were there to help us out. The venue is beautiful and combine that with amazing service and San Diego weather and what results is a beautiful wedding. Our guests loved the food and the service was on point. We received so many compliments about the location. Our families stayed in the hotel the entire weekend, and they loved the rooms and beautiful views. They even gave us a discount on rooms without been tied to a particular number of rooms. Island Palm is a hidden gem! They are super good at getting back to you and ensuring that all goes right on your special day. We are so happy we picked them as our venue. Thank you Lauren and staff at the Island Palms for making our big day so incredible!

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 5/12/2011 Ha T

I was very impress with the service. Michael is my contact and he is excellent. The venue is beautiful. We did our ceremony in the garden and reception inside one of the banquet hall. There were some hickup with setting up but everyone was very accommodating and the wedding was... Read More perfect. I love the fact that they allow you to bring your own wine, and their beer pricing is reasonable. We got lucky to lock in the 2010 rate before they update the menu. Overall, it was a great experience. I totally would recommend it to other brides.

Food was Awful!

Reviewed on 1/10/2011 Abby E

I had many issues with this venue but I have to say the most irritating was that of the food quantity and quality. I relied on the hotel to tell me how much food i would need, yet we ran out of food half way through our guests. My stations were not manned as they were supposed... Read More to be and I was told the food was cold! The employee who was in charge of helping me refused to recognize what I wanted and kept calling my wedding a cocktail party! It made me nuts that he just didn't understand that although I wanted to serve cocktail type foods, I did not want a cocktail party! After the wedding, I sent a 4 page letter to the manager of the hotel explaining all of my issues, concerns, and complaints. Although in the end I was refunded some of my money, I was told by a response letter that the food issues were my own fault and my guests must have just ate too much!!!! There are so many beautiful venues to get married at and this is one of them. However, I would not recommend this venue based solely on the food and the response to my complaint.

Island Palms San Diego

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Katey T

Our venue was gorgeous, the food was amazing, and the staff there were very accomodating!! We had a great experience

Loved everything!

Reviewed on 11/10/2010 Vanessa J

The food was amazing. The filet mignon was very tender and it was amazing that they were able to provide such high quality to 150 guests. The service was great and after the wedding I heard really great things from everyone. The only disappointment I had was with the cake not... Read More everyone got any cake and we lost the top portion of our cake. I think they should have done a better job of handing over the top portion of the cake. I'd suggest having them physically handing it to you and then giving it to someone you trust or making sure someone gets it at the end of the night. Other than that everything was fabulous! Mike DaSilva did a really great job!