Island Sound & Video

Serving Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and beyond.

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

3024 Barrow Drive, Raleigh, NC Serving Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and beyond. (919) 872-3535

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Danielle W

From the initial meeting to the day of the wedding, Frankie Hagan and his staff had their stuff down and knew what we would like. Frankie talked with us at great length about music in general and put our minds at ease. He even shared some memorable stories from past weddings... Read More he’s done which further cemented our decision in hiring them. He knew exactly what to do to get our family and friends up on the dance floor, and his call to play “Paradise By The Dashboard Light” at the night’s peak is sure to go down in our family history book as one of the most epic spontaneous dances, ever. We would definitely recommend them for any special event.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amanda H

Harry was great! He was easy to work with and fun. Island Sound also has very reasonable prices.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Kiley B

Frankie was awesome! DJ had the best mix of not being in your face but being there when needed! Played the right mix of music for us!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Emily K

Harry was an amazing DJ and Emcee at our wedding! He played great music and got everyone on the dance floor as well as kept the events of the whole night going smoothly. I didn't have to worry about the turn of events after I got to the reception which was a huge weight off my... Read More shoulders. It made the entire reception much more enjoyable.

Uplighting

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Lauren S

Peter and the staff at Island Sound were very accommodating and easy to work with! They provided beautiful, blush uplighting at our reception to meet our "kate spade inspired" wedding at Rose Hill Plantation. We highly recommend their company for all your wedding day needs!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Shelley L

We had DJ Frankie Hagan for our wedding. I immediately loved him after our first phone call. He was just as helpful at helping us plan our wedding as he was at emceeing our event. He was flexible with our schedules, and he was always available to meet with us when we requested... Read More it. He is familiar with all genres of music and was able to offer great suggestions for our specialty songs like the father/daughter dance (even when I selected beach music as the genre). He mixed up many types of songs and knew how to read the audience to help the flow and energy of the reception. He also suggested different group events that helped us to catch some great photos. We love Frankie!

Josh was AMAZING

Reviewed on 4/23/2015

Josh was amazing!! He kept our guests partying and dancing the entire night!! Can't recommend them enough!!!!

Great Music and Easy to Work With

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Erin Adler

We had Island Sound do our DJ services as well as our lighting. We are so happy we did. Frankie Hagan was our DJ and he did a great job MC-ing and DJ-ing. He did the music both for our ceremony and our reception. We got many compliments on our music selection and my husband and... Read More I (and our guests) had a great time dancing at the reception! Island Sound provides some neat online planning tools that allow you to choose and save songs for your ceremony and reception and to make a general play list. We told Frankie that our songs were just a guideline to give him an idea about what type of music we like and wanted to hear. He was extremely knowledgeable and obviously passionate about his work. He was very quick to respond to email questions and was always happy to help. Island Sound also provided uplighting for our venue, which turned out great! They also did a GOBO (little monogram design) that was projected onto our dance floor. It looked great, and the little kids at the wedding had a blast dancing on top of it :) Island Sound was a great value and they did an awesome job!

Awesome Reception!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Katie O

Working with DJ Frankie from Island Sound has been a pleasure. From the time that my new husband and I booked Frankie as our reception DJ, it had been easy to work with him. He has a great energetic personality that not only you'll appreciate but your wedding guests as well.... Read More Using Island Sound's online planning tool was very useful as it helps plan out certain special dances and songs to be played throughout the reception. Another quality Frankie has is that he is able to "read" the room to help gauge what direction the music needs to go in to help bring the party alive. Thank you so much for a wonderful evening, Frankie!

FANTABULOUS!!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Laura J

Frankie was absoluetly amazing!!! He knows his stuff! He was knowledgeable, flexible, engaging, organzied, professional, and absolutley fantastic at gaging the crowd and the pacing of the wedding! He was able to keep the dancefloor packed the entire evening and played music that... Read More appealed to everybody, even though we had many specific requests. He provided the right amount of "MC talk" to get the crowd going and provide the right mood without talking to much, like I have seen at so many other weddings. This is a true professional who was so easy to work with and who calmed me down when needed.

Awesome

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Thais L

Our DJ was awesome! Brandon was super fun to speak to before and during the wedding. He would consult with us on every step of the process. The music was fantastic. We all danced the night away. There were some sound quality problem towards the beginning but overall it was... Read More great!

awesome

Reviewed on 12/22/2013 Victoria C

Wonderful job!

Online Planning Tool

Reviewed on 12/06/2013 Elizabeth B

We used Island Sound DJ in Raleigh, NC for our wedding ceremony & reception. Josh was our DJ for our wedding day and we had a great time with him. Island Sound's biggest selling point was their online planning tools. Having this tool allowed for us to be able to choose... Read More exactly the type of music we wanted and didn't want played at our wedding. Josh was very professional and friendly. We would recommend Island Sound.

Wedding reception with DJ Piblet!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Melody L

We were recommended to Island Sound through our wedding venue because they had been working together for 10+ years and they offered a discount. We were matched with Pablo Rodriguez (DJ Piblet) and he was very professional during the whole process. My husband and I provided him... Read More with a list of songs to play during specific parts of the wedding very close to the wedding, then asked him to include a GOBO and up-lighting a week before our wedding day! All of our last minute requests were granted and I am so glad that Island Sound was so accommodating! As music lovers, we had specific requests and a specific atmosphere we wanted to have during the reception and he accomplished everything! We were so happy with the end result! Our guests kept telling us that we had one of the most fun and memorable weddings yet and I must say it had a lot to do with Pablo and his talents. Oh, and I had bought glow necklaces and bracelets which were a hit and made it feel like an awesome dance party :) I would highly recommend Pablo, Peter and the whole Island Sound team for your next event.

Peter did great

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Sarah H

Peter did a great job at my wedding! Last minute we had to move everything under the tent and he was so nice and played music while the guests waited for the ceremony. The dance floor was full all night!

fantastic!

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Amber W

frankie was AWESOME! fun, enagaging, and creative!

Fun!

Reviewed on 4/02/2013 Ashley H

We had Frankie DJ our wedding and he was great! He really kept the party going- a lot of people told us afterwards that it was one of the most fun weddings they had been to! I like how Island Sound has online tools that help you plan how your reception will flow, what songs you... Read More want to play and when, etc. as well as a place where you can enter a "do not play" and "must play" list. We would definitely recommend them!

Jason and WhiteWater are great

Reviewed on 3/25/2013 Lauri V

We used Island Sound for both DJ and video, and they were fantastic. Jason is amazing, he had the dance floor moving and shaking, the entire night. I don't think there was a moment of silence, on the dance floor! Whitewater was non-invasive, as videoing, yet I am sure... Read More captured the fun! They were great to work with!

BEST DJ SERVICE AROUND!!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2012 Michelle S

We went to a wedding in December 2011 where Jason from Island Sounds was working and we LOVED him! We ended up booking him for our wedding and he was great! He helped us out along the way, provided great insight for our music, found songs we asked for that are not normal... Read More requests, and took the time to get to know us and what we wanted & what our guests would want. Jason provided music and microphones for our ceremony and then music, lighting, effects and fun for our reception The day of the wedding he showed up early and set up and played the day out perfectly. During the reception he kept people entertained and even taught us a new dance. :) We had people on the floor including my husband and i til the night ended and i would love to hire him again for future events! Definatly worth looking into and hiring!!

Every single person was on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Kristen T

Jason from Island Sound did an amazing job, and played great music and was a pleasure to work with. Our dance floor was packed the whole time, and every guest ranging from the "older" guests to the "younger" guests have complimented how incredible the DJ was. Im not sure how... Read More he managed to make a playlist that made everyone happy, but he did an incredible job and everyone had a ton of fun. He really knows his stuff and does a great job! Whitewater from Island Sound did our videography, and was very professional, easy to work with, and seemed to be everywhere at the same time.

Island Sound

Reviewed on 8/26/2012 Bethany H

After being in weddings, being a guest in weddings, and after my own I feel as though I can safely say: Jason Huggins is the best DJ! What can you really say after that? He gave us exactly what we wanted. First off, his knowledge of music is like no other. Once he... Read More knows what style of music you want, you're set. What I learned from my wedding is that a DJ is not only the person who does the music but the DJ actually holds a lot (if not all) of the control of your day. From when you walk into the room, your toasts, your cake cutting, etc every aspect of your wedding is in the DJ's hands. Jason did an incredible job for all parts! He made us laugh, he gave us a few "awe" moments, and he kept us right now track for our evening. I cannot say just how impressed we were with his service! (The price includes DJ & Videographer)

Very professional and experienced!

Reviewed on 7/20/2012 Jessica L

We had Jason from Island Sound do the music for our wedding ceremony and reception. He was very professional and helpful when selecting music for our wedding. We totally trusted him to create a fun dancing environment and he made the reception so much fun. Our guests kept saying... Read More how much they loved him and the music he played. Would definitely recommend Island Sound if you want a good party at your reception!

Book Jason NOW!

Reviewed on 7/11/2012 Lindsay S

Some of the funnest meetings we had in our wedding planning process were with Jason from Island Sound! I fully recommend him as an awesome, charismatic DJ for your big day. Island Sound makes it very easy for you to plan just about everything for your reception (the online... Read More planning tools are very easy to use, and I suggest using the "notes" section as much as possible if you have specific requests) and you get the impression that when you are talking in meetings, they are actually listening. The price value for such a great DJ is unmatched, so do yourselves a favor and book a meeting with Jason ASAP!

Awesome!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Briana L

They were so easy to get along with. Very professional. Guests are still commenting on how much fun my reception was! We had very untraditional music choices and they were able to pull it off! Videographer was outstanding as well :)

Great DJ and Videographer

Reviewed on 5/02/2012 Heather B

Peter from Island Sound was great! He was easy to work with and everything went smoothly with him at the helm. Definitely recommend Island Sound to anyone looking for a great DJ. We also used them for videography. The guys were there on time and stayed until the night was... Read More over, capturing lots of fun moments. We haven't seen the video yet but I am sure they got some wonderful stuff and we can't wait to see it!