Instruments

Cello, Fiddle, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Piano, Saxophone, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

California (510) 210-3979

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Amanda N

We hired Ivy Hill Entertainment to provide a band/live music for our wedding and reception. I worked directly with Brian on the details and we were so pleased to have Brian and The Harvest Acoustic Trio at our wedding. Brian was wonderful to work with and so accommodating. The... Read More music they played throughout our wedding day truly set the mood and made our day even more magical. Thanks Brian and Ivy Hill!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Ivana B

My husband and I hired Ivy Hill Entertainment for our July 2017 wedding and we are so happy to have done so. We were trying to stay away from the average, cheesy wedding DJ/ceremony musician and Ivy Hill was the answer! Their business model is unique in that they are a... Read More collective of true artists. I love the idea of art patronage, and by hiring Ivy Hill, I was able to support talented local artists. Brian Bergeron was our initial point of contact who answered our many questions and listened to our needs. He was so enthusiastic and knowledgable, and he recommended Matt Roads as our DJ and Erma Kyriakos as our ceremony violinist. Both Matt and Erma were exceptional from our very first interaction all the way to their performance at our wedding. Matt requested some information from us prior to the wedding so that he could better understand our music taste and what type of atmosphere we were hoping to create. We were pretty exhausted with wedding planning, and so we were admittedly a bit vague with this information, and yet he was still able to pick up on the vibe we were after and play songs that we and our guests loved. He also kept the pace of the evening on track, working closely with our coordinator and other vendors to make sure the order of events ran smoothly. I'm not technical at all, but I'm sure there is a lot of work that goes into providing microphones and amplification for the ceremony and speeches, and all of that went off without a hiccup as well. Erma is a superb violinist who even learned a few modern songs that we really wanted played that weren't in her repertoire at the time. I will always remember the beautiful sound of her strings. I highly recommend Ivy Hill Entertainment, Matt Roads, Brian Bergeron, and Erma Kyriakos for all of your event entertainment needs.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Lori B

Highly Recommended, Quality Entertainment: Wow - what a fantastic experience! Ivy Hill Entertainment truly is your “one stop music and entertainment shop.” From working in events, I understand that heartfelt, professional, seamless entertainment is a key component to creating a... Read More memorable celebration. It brings people together, inspires guests, and sets the tone of your party. Ivy Hill Entertainment definitely stands out as the BEST. When it came time to plan the ultimate personal event - our wedding - we wanted a music-based celebration that stood apart from “typical wedding music”. The idea was a multi-musical-styled evening showcasing classical music, New Orleans Big Band, a roaming violinist at dinner (Ivy Hill’s gal, MJ, even played pop hits like Stayin’ Alive & had everyone singing!), an intimate pub sing-along, & finally a rockin’ reception. This was certainly an ambitious repertoire! I began researching bands/musicians & initially fell into a panic. Most bands didn’t seem to have the magical vibe, musical diversity, network, & professionalism (Can we count on the to show up for gods sake…) for me to book. In fact, none of the musicians resonated with our event’s style…. and then I found Ivy Hill Entertainment. WOW. Game changer. From the moment of contact to the actual execution we had an amazing experience that was fun, stress free, collaborative, easy, & QUALITY. Ivy Hill has many options on booking talent - actually super talent. You can hire anyone from a dope DJ to solo musician to the 9-musician “build-a-band” act we employed. My initial contact was Brian Bergeron who not only understood our vision, but encouraged us to make it happen. What an awesome guy. He was just as excited as we were! In fact, that’s what stands out about Ivy Hill - their passion for music & events. They truly love what they do & are honored to be part of your event. Ivy Hill also offers such quality musicians! I couldn't believe we had all these cool people playing our wedding! It was great to see their musical backgrounds & sound samples. For our wedding, they supplied everything from the sound technician, musical equipment, speakers, musicians, & even an amazing Bandleader extraordinaire: Jon Devoto. Man, this guy was incredible! In addition to coordinating the musicians, he was also the lead singer, MC… and as a special request, include some mind-blowing tap dancing. Everyone loved him! I wish I could go through each of the musicians (Debbie Ilana, the New Classics, MJs Brass Boppers) because they brought so much flavor & style. It was like a mini-musical festival. The best part is that whatever you decide to book - whether it be an intimate musical vibe, dope DJ, or full-blown band - they deliver a memorable performance and professional experience. This team is full of talent and heart. They also have a big network of musicians and DJs so you don’t need to worry about flaky musicians or no-shows. God forbid someone gets sick, they have the resources to ensure you are set. I trust them implicitly. I knew that I had nothing to worry about when booking them. The communication was clear and timely. We were in-line every step of the way. In fact, they are the only company I will use for future events. If you seek a top-notch service, this is the place for you. As you can see form their website, Ivy Hill Entertainment has a lot to offer. They exceeded our already high expectations. It is my pleasure to write this review and spread the word.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Aimee W

Ivy Hill Entertainment is a SOLID group of professional musicians. We were so happy with our choice of having Matt DJ and Graham perform for our rustic themed outdoor wedding. Graham played acoustic versions of our favorite songs during our ceremony and it was absolutely... Read More perfect. Matt was extremely professional throughout the entire process and very kind and friendly. I would highly recommend them to any one for their wedding day or big event.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Emily S

We worked with Ivy Hill Entertainment for an acoustic trio for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour for our August 12th farm wedding. JD Lyons performed the lead vocals and the full trio brought to life the magic and spirit of our wedding. The musicians learned Pearl Jam and... Read More Cat Stevens for our ceremony music and it was executed beautifully. The music during cocktail hour was perfect - soulful with a little blue grass vibe - it matched the venue and our vision as a couple. Our guest GUSHED over the trio. Brian was so helpful along the way in helping us organize the trio, focus on our music choices, and calm my anxious bride nerves. We couldn't recommend Ivy Hill Entertainment highly enough for any special occasion. As I told Brian after our wedding, my only wish is that I could've heard more of the trio before I walked down the aisle.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Brittany E

We could not have been happier with Ivy Hill! Brian Bergeron performed at our wedding (during our processional and our cocktail hour) and our guests just fawned over him. He's really gifted musically, but more importantly when you're planning a crazy wedding: he's so much fun to... Read More work with! Great communication and a joy to be around.

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Danielle E

From the get-go these guys were very organized and were there for my every need. They are talented and come at a good price! I highly, highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Kate H

We loved working with Ivy Hill Entertainment for our wedding on July 1. They did the music and lights for us and we were so happy with their work. Matt Roads was our main contact and one of our two DJs for the evening. He went above and beyond and did two site visits with us,... Read More which put us at great ease as we did a backyard wedding and were concerned about layout and electricity. We felt totally comfortable in his hands and he delivered! He was a very calming person to work with and was always happy to collaborate and answer questions throughout the process. He and DJ Marshall DJ'd the wedding and did and awesome job. They totally understood what were going for in the various soundscapes of the evening and supplemented our music choices amazingly. They got everyone dancing and were very good at making sure all generations felt comfortable and supported. I also love that Ivy Hill is all about supporting local musicians and it's not a way to just throw money at the wedding industry. Their attention to detail and personalizing the experience made this a wonderful experience, and we are so happy we went with them. They were just so nice and capable and cooperative, which was a real blessing during wedding planning. Support your local artists and book Ivy Hill! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017

Matt Roads and his trio the Delectables played at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and were absolutely incredible. They quickly learned our off the wall song choices, and set the tone for the best night of my life. Would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Allie S

Let me first say, this review is LONG overdue (we got married in April 2016 in San Francisco!) yet the most deserved which so I couldn’t let any more time pass without writing it. I will also preface this by saying that my husband is a music fanatic and was very picky in... Read More choosing musicians for our wedding. We were first drawn to Ivy Hill Entertainment by the vocals we saw of Brian on the website and he did not disappoint! We had Brian and Kyle play as a duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour as we wanted live music. During cocktail-hour they played almost entirely personal requests which we appreciated. They also played acoustically for our first dance which couldn’t have been more special. Overall, we felt they were perfect at blending and harmonizing both musically and stylistically into our wedding. Numerous guests raved about them and they couldn’t have done a better job in making our wedding day PERFECT! On another note, Brian was so easy to work with, professional and very responsive. I would highly recommend Ivy Hill Entertainment.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Tiffany B

I stumbled upon Ivy Hill Entertainment here on The Knot and in my Google searches and we could not have gotten luckier!! We knew we wanted someone who could easily transition from singer at cocktail hour to DJ for dinner and dancing and Brian was perfect!! He was very... Read More responsive, helpful, professional, and such a delight to work with! We are definitely recommending him to friends and family and I hope to find a reason to work again with him in the future!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Hannah P

We were connected with Brian through a friend of a friend in the very early stages of our wedding planning, and so happy that we were! We wanted something different than the regular run of the mill DJ experience for our wedding music. We were trying to stray from the cheesy DJ... Read More who plays YMCA, etc. What we found with Brian was the perfect mix of instrumentals on the guitar, singing during cocktail hour, pre-recorded music for the ceremony and then DJing for the reception. He was super easy to work with and had us fill out a detailed questionnaire to get an idea of what type of music we were into and what kind of vibe we wanted to create. He's a super talented musician, and many of our guests commented on how great our music selection was! We didn't have a wedding planner, so some things were a little bit unorganized and Brian did a great job following the timeline and at times having to wrangle guests/tell them multiple times where they were supposed to be :) We would 100% recommend using Brian and all of Ivy Hill Entertainment for your event or wedding!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Claire

Topline: Jefferson Bergey and Ivy Hill were the PERFECT choice for our wedding’s musical needs. We highly recommend them! Jefferson initially came to us via a recommendation from our planner (Monica Stickley of So Eventful). And after a quick phone call, it was clear that he... Read More was the right person to bring our shared vision of the day’s soundtrack to life. He has an array of musical talent, including playing guitar (among other instruments, I would venture to guess), singing, and DJing. From the very beginning of our engagement with Jefferson, he was 100% dialed in to our event. He took the time to ask all the right questions about our musical tastes, talked at length about mood and flow of the day, and treated each section as an individual experience - ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. He graciously made time for calls, in person meetings, etc., and we never felt like he was out of touch or too bothered to spend a few minutes speaking with us. As the day of our wedding grew nearer, we realized how fortunate we were to have Jefferson on our team. As for the day itself, Jefferson was a rock star. He played a beautiful acoustic piece during our ceremony, in tandem with a violinist. The two of them went on to play a full accoustic set during cocktail hour for our guests. Though we missed it due to pictures, everyone we’ve asked has raved about the cocktail hour music. During dinner, Jefferson curated a great playlist of background music to add an atmosphere to our dinner. The playlist included a number of our parents’ favorites - which meant a lot to us and to them. And last but not least, the dancing, where Jefferson switched into full DJ mode. From the moment he played the first song, the dance floor was packed. Jefferson applied the perfect mix of tempos to keep us and our guests fully engaged throughout. He also added a couple of perfectly timed surprises inspired by the collective vibe - a great touch that showed just how much he was a part of the evening, not just running a playlist on auto-pilot. In the days that followed, we wanted to relive the magic of the dancing. So I sent Jefferson an email asking if he, by chance, had kept a list of the songs played. And if so, could I have it so we might recreate it. A couple of days passed, and then Jefferson made our day once again. Rather than sending us a list of songs, he sent us complete Spotify playlists of not just the dancing, but the dinner and cocktail hour as well! I could go on, but instead I’ll just sum it all up by saying that if you are considering Jefferson for your event, stop what you are doing and lock him in. You simply won’t find a better musical partner, musician or DJ out there. And a quick note about Ivy Hill. We worked with Brian Bergeron to book everything. He was professional, responsive and accommodating - everything we could ask for in a rep. Brian was also instrumental in helping find the right additions to our music team. From recommending a violinist to perform with Jefferson during our ceremony, to a finding sound technician with the right experience, Brian’s guidance was invaluable.

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 melissa p

I could not have been happier with Matt Roads and Ivy Hill Entertainment. I was referred to them through our wedding planner and the second I spoke with Brian Bergeron on the phone I knew I had found the right company for us. My future husband of course insisted I shop around a... Read More little more and after I did, I knew my first choice was the best choice. They were extremely professional, provided music questionnaires in a timely manner, and answered any and all questions. Originally they had offered to do the lighting for our wedding as well at an extremely good rate and when as a company they decided to go in another direction with the lighting business, they still upheld their commitment to us at the price agreed and coordinated everything without a hitch. We did recorded music during the ceremony provided by Matt who also DJ'ed the reception. He had such great energy and really understood the direction and experience we were trying to create. All of our guests kept saying how happy they were with the song selection and the dance floor remained busy the entire reception. We had a wedding of 72 and everyone danced the night away. If you are looking for a professional DJ and a company that really knows how to do their job right, Ivy Hill is the place for you.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Katharine B

Matt did a fantastic job organizing the music for our wedding, including finding us a fantastic DJ (Marshall) and a last-minute fiddler (MJ) to play music at the ceremony. He was so approachable and met with me at a coffee shop before the wedding so I could get to know him a bit... Read More and then was very communicative throughout the entire process, always going above and beyond to meet my needs. I was wavering about having music at the ceremony (beach wedding) and decided to go for it literally a week and a half before the day. Matt didn't skip a beat and managed to find an amazing violinist who learned several songs for us and at a great price. The DJ Marshall took our song requests and made amazing playlist that kept the dance floor packed the whole night through. Can't express enough how great this team was!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Priya K

Brian is amazing! When we first talked I was shuttling back and forth between the East Coast and SF for work and Brian was super flexible in working with us to schedule a meeting. We actually didn't meet in person till the wedding, it was all over vid con. From the ceremony... Read More (he played Ode to joy on guitar for my bridal song and I couldn't be happier!) to the cocktail hour (people loved his singing) to the speeches and dancing Brian was absolutely fantastic. He was catering to a mixed crowd of Bollywood music lovers, EDM fans and an older crowd that thoroughly enjoyed his rendition of We ended up having to push our schedule by 30 mins and Brian was very flexible, professional and just rolled with it. I cant recommend him enough. We knew we didn't need to worry about a thing and he would deliver. We were right!

Best band ever

Reviewed on 6/14/2015

Brian and his band are incredible - they made our wedding this May at Bernardus (Carmel Valley) the most special event. Their flexibility with matching our style and the vibe of the event was perfect. Everyone at the wedding commented on how great they were, and to top it off,... Read More they helped my husband with his surprise serenade song for me after our first dance! Amazing. I would recommend Brian and Mr. Kind Band to anyone who is having a classy affair!

Great Band!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Belén L

I hired Brian and Jon to play at the cocktail hour of our wedding reception. They brought the perfect amount of energy. After a song or two everyone was dancing which is rare during cocktail hours at weddings. In fact, my uncle told me (jokingly) that when he walked back from... Read More the bar into the main room to find everyone dancing, he thought he had missed dinner! Brian and Jon are true professionals and very talented. They will work with you and make valuable suggestions. They have a deep repertoire which was great to choose from, and they'll also learn any song you want. Last but not least, I would also hire Brian and Jon for other events larger or smaller than just a cocktail hour. I have no doubt they can customize and put together a group of whatever you want and perform at a high level. Looking forward to hiring them again down the line.

Excellent Entertainment!

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Brian B

Having attended several weddings recently, it has become obvious that the band/DJ selection has a huge impact on the flow (and fun) of the event. I had such a great time at a friend's wedding this past October, where Brian of Ivy Hill Entertainment provided both soloist and DJ... Read More entertainment. The acoustic guitar during the ceremony was charming and set the ambience for the special event. His cover repertoire during cocktail hour was the perfect backdrop for mingling over drinks, and his impressive skills were continuously brought up as a topic of conversation. When we transitioned inside for dinner and dancing, his DJ-ing expertise was top notch, highlighting a great mix of hits for both the older and younger party guests to enjoy, while the smooth musical transitions kept everyone on their feet until the end of the evening. I later commented to the bride how much fun I had and commended her for such a great choice. Thank you!