Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant

Lake Tahoe / Truckee / Reno / Sparks / Carson City

Ceremonies centered on love in Tahoe and beyond

Creating a ceremony that reflects you as a couple is a special way to capture your personality as individuals and as a couple. When your ceremony takes place in the Tahoe area, you have the option of including references to the beauty and power of Lake Tahoe. Or we can capture the essence of the location you've chose throughout the Tahoe/Truckee/Reno/Sparks area (and often other areas, when requested).The small nuances that make your ceremony uniquely yours are the moments you will cherish the most. Helping to create those moments is what I do best! I invite you to call, email or text to arrange a time to meet in person or by phone to ensure I am the person for you. I invite you to join my mailing list for wedding ceremony tips. Sign up on my website (see link with my profile)

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Lake Tahoe / Truckee / Reno / Sparks / Carson City (925) 570-1341

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

There isn't enough time in the day or enough room on this website for me to sing all of Jackie Phillips' praises. My partner and I have been together for 22 years, and when it finally became legal for same sex partners to marry nationwide last year, we decided to get married in... Read More Lake Tahoe to honor my parents who married there almost 50 years ago. We wanted a very simple wedding at the courthouse, but the Incline Village office did not perform civil ceremonies. So, I started my internet search with Google for a "non religious, wedding officiant, Incline Village, NV." A lot of wedding websites came up, but most were for huge weddings, religious officiants, mostly California locations, and I couldn't seem to find anyone that fit my criteria in Nevada! After what seemed like a hundred sites, I came across Jackie's name. I clicked the link to her website and immediately liked the simplicity of it, and that she did gay weddings! I sent her an email and explained that we were a lesbian couple, and that we wanted a very simple service, by the lake preferably, with just my parents, and our nephew in attendance. She responded within the hour with the nicest email explaining that she would be honored to perform the service and would like to talk more about it. So, we set up a time the next day and I called her. I'll tell you that I don't like planning things like this and I especially hate doing it on the phone. I just liked Jackie so much, right away. She's so intelligent, funny, sweet, kind, understanding, accepting and probably the most efficient person I've ever met! My partner and I were on speaker phone where she asked us a series of questions. We could tell she listened intently to everything we said. It was very clear that she wanted everything to be just the way we wanted it. During the days leading up to the big day, she emailed me tons of suggested places to visit in Tahoe, knowing that we had never been there before. She suggested florists and cake shops and even went out to several locations to take pictures so that we could get a better idea of where we might like the ceremony! She never pushed anything, only suggested things she thought we would like based on everything we told her. What she wrote for our ceremony brought all of us to tears. She really worked to understand who we were and incorporated all our feelings into one amazing moment we will never forget. I know it seems strange, but even though we hardly know her, we all consider her a part of our family now. We just love her to death! I could go on and on about Jackie Phillips. She made our day so much more special than we could ever have imagined. She does all kinds of services, and her price was more than fair. Believe me, look no further. Call her and see!

2016-08-11T18:46:39 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor for me to be able to be the one who pronounced you married after 22 years. <3 And, it was so fun to include the celebration of J's mother and dad's anniversary. There were so many things to love about... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Rene R

Jackie was a joy to work with. She made our wedding day extra special. She wrote beautiful vows which were very customized. She helped me pick a beautiful spot on Lake Tahoe, sent me videos of several spots. She kept in constant touch, was on time and prepared. I highly... Read More recommend Jackie, she made our day fabulous! Even the details of sending in paperwork were made easy for us by Jackie. If I could give her six stars I would!

2016-10-26T01:18:22 Response from the vendor

Six stars? Wow! Thank you so much! I am so glad we were able to find a spot that was beautiful--and, it ended up being so private. <3

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Melanie S

Jackie officiated our wedding this past April (2016) and she was fantastic! She will truly go above and beyond to make your wedding as close to perfect as possible. Jackie makes every effort to really get to know the couple and their friends and family before she crafts a... Read More beautiful and meaningful ceremony. And her attention to details assures you that she truly cares about your special day. Jackie will give you lots of options for your ceremony and she is very fun to work with. I HIGHLY recommend her! Not only is she a great wedding officiant, but she's just a wonderful person, whom you will love.

2016-08-11T18:43:06 Response from the vendor

What fun we had in Houston! The location you chose was gorgeous and really lent a warm yet powerful feeling to the ceremony. Love to you two!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Andrew K

If you are searching for an officiant look no further! Without a doubt Jackie Phillips aided us in planning the most perfect wedding. She went above and beyond just marrying us. As a destination wedding we hadn't met her before which can be nerve wracking for such a special... Read More day. She made a point to go talk with our friends and family, meet our parents, and make a real connection with us. This relaxed me and took so much pressure off with how much she helped in the ceremony planning. She was always open to our ideas and came up with great suggestions how to best present specific requests we wanted done or said during ceremony. Her response time is great and communicated with us via phone/facetime/text/email always got a response within a day even if she was busy doing another wedding we were able to arrange a time for in depth discussions. Jackie made an impact in our wedding much more than just the person to marry us, she helped us achieve a perfect day. I highly suggest her to anyone looking, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Nick F

One of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding was to hire Jackie as our officiant. She was simply amazing. Jackie’s ceremony felt very personal and she made the effort to make it true to us as a couple. Jackie handcrafted our ceremony, after spending time to get to... Read More know us, and she incorporated stories of our dates and hobbies. Jackie was also very caring and thoughtful the day of our wedding, helping with details that popped up day of. Friends and family that met her also raved about her kindness and experience. Jackie put together a beautiful wedding ceremony that we couldn’t have been happier with! Thank you Jackie!! Nick & Em

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 JOSEPH K

We can't say enough good things about Jackie. She was flawless. She made our day less stressful and let us concentrate on the moment. She is a wonderful person and it was our pleasure to get to know her, Look no further if you are in need of a wedding officiant. She is the... Read More "real deal".. Thank you Jackie for helping our day special.

2017-05-15T01:40:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Joe. I am touched by your comments. It means a lot to me. I loved your ceremony and enjoyed the time I was able to spend with you and N. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Julie J

Jackie was a complete delight to work with for our wedding ceremony; she couldn't have been more thoughtful, professional and easy to work with. Starting out with the short notice for our spur of the month event, she took the time to cover every detail above and beyond what we... Read More could have ever expected. Having her be part of our very small ceremony ended up being a blessing in so many ways, her passion for what she does was clearly evident and we parted ways that day feeling like we had gained a friend. I would recommend Jackie with the highest regard to anyone looking for a wedding officiant!

2017-01-19T18:33:48 Response from the vendor

Julie, I am just so jazzed that it snowed just like you dreamed of! I loved everything about your ceremony--from your dress and boots to the way you involved all the kids. Thank you for inviting me to officiate. I loved it!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Heide W

We could not have been happier that we chose Jackie Philips as our officiant. She really guided us all the way and gave us a lot of options to customize our ceremony so that it felt just right. I cannot imagine having had anyone else performing the ceremony. She CARES so deeply... Read More about making it special. Thank you, Jackie. We count you as one of our dearest new friends.

2016-10-26T01:15:03 Response from the vendor

I can't believe it rained on your wedding day! But, you were so flexible and loving and focused on the love of family and close friends that surrounded you. The intimate ceremony in the beautiful home you were staying in ended up being so loving.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Robin G

If you're looking for an officiant who is personable, fun, easy going. Look no more! Jackie was amazing! She was so very helpful even in planning our elopement! She goes above and beyond her services (and her price!) I'm recommending her to all of my gals who are getting... Read More married! She's so personable and that was exactly what we were looking for. She made our special day magical and easy. I'm beyond grateful to have found her <3

2016-10-26T01:22:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks, R. and A! Your ceremony felt so intimate and peaceful. But, I really loved the way the geese came by afterward. It seemed like they were cheering for you. What a beautiful Tahoe day for your wedding--I loved every minute!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016

Jackie was a life saver! She was able to help us last minute for our Thursday afternoon wedding. She was professional and so easy to work with. I would highly suggest Jackie for anyone looking for an officiate.

2017-01-19T18:35:21 Response from the vendor

Rachel, I am so glad I was able to step in. Your wedding was so beautiful, relaxed and outdoorsy-elegant. I would have been sad to have missed it!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Meredith P

Jackie officiated our May 2016 wedding at Sugar Bowl Ski Resort. We are so grateful to have found Jackie, she exceeded every expectation. For an extremely reasonable rate, she wrote us a beautifully custom ceremony that really spoke to us as a couple. She actually took the time... Read More to get to know us and her ceremony reflected that. She sent us numerous drafts and was happy to make any changes we requested. She was extremely professional, attended the rehearsal and wedding on time and in appropriate attire. She took care of the marriage license and everything that went with it. On top of all that, she was one of the most genuinely kind people I have ever met! You will not regret hiring Jackie, I cannot recommend her highly enough!

2016-10-26T01:24:28 Response from the vendor

The details of your wedding were just gorgeous! It was so much fun to honor so many special people in your lives. I love that you wanted to do that. Thanks for inviting me to officiate your ceremony. Here's to a lifetime of bluebird days.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Rachal C

Can I just say - she is the best you can hope for in an officiant! Our wedding ceremony was exceptionally beautifully written, she was the most helpful person I could imagine in choosing a ceremony site, and was so professional every step of the way. I know she went the extra... Read More mile for us! I could not imagine using one of those package services at overcrowded destinations whatsoever, and she really did everything she could to make sure we had what we wanted in every way. We were so very touched by her ceremony, and her patience with us as we needed so much assistance not knowing the Tahoe area and because we live so far away in Texas was unwavering. Most of all, I adore her as a person - she is kind, wise, spiritual, and just a beautiful soul. I would not want to share one of the most precious moments of our life together with anyone less worthy. I will never forget her huge contribution to our lovely intimate ceremony!

2016-10-26T01:33:37 Response from the vendor

The circle of love that surrounded you when your family literally made a circle around you was so powerful. I'm glad we found the woodsy spot you dreamed of. The messages you shared with each other, R. and S., were so beautiful. But, my favorite... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Kathleen H

Jackie was great and wrote wonderful vows for our ceremony!

2016-10-26T01:36:39 Response from the vendor

The rustic decorations looked so beautiful in the park. I love how the day was just gorgeous and the two of you just glowed! K. and L., thank you for choosing me. It was my pleasure to spend time getting to know you and working... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/05/2016

Jackie officiated a ceremony that was both well thought out and beautiful. We can't thank you enough Jackie!

2016-08-11T18:41:53 Response from the vendor

I loved the way everyone gathered around close at this ceremony. It was truly intimate. Thank you for allowing me to prepare this ceremony. The light in everyone's eyes was amazing.

Jackie Phillips

Officiating your ceremony is a great honor to me. As your celebrant, I focus solely on creating the most beautiful and fitting ceremony for you as a couple. My ceremonies are love-centered for couples who prefer not to have a religious ceremony--although I will add religious readings and prayers, if desired. Officiating has allowed me to meld together a love of weddings and ceremony with my skills as a writer. I enjoy being a part of this special time in your lives. I deeply feel the importance of love in our lives and value the lifelong commitment that is made through a wedding ceremony.