Love

Destination Weddings

New York, NY

Great!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2015 Keri S

We loved working with Jami! From the minute I met her, I felt comfortable with her, and on the day of the wedding, her and her assistant made us feel so at ease. They truly captured every important moment that day/night, including the big things, but also small moments that we... Read More had missed, and every detail that just made the wedding so special. One of the best things about working with Jami was that she blended right in at the wedding, we never felt like they were right in our face, but somehow they were always there to capture the moment. It was very important to us to have a photographer that wasn't intrusive, we wanted people to feel relaxed and that is exactly what happened. Jami got a perfect mix of candid shots, as well as portraits and so much more. I highly, highly recommend working with her. The photos are beyond what we could have imagined. She was so nice, listened to us, and went with the flow - even when it started raining, she made sure we got some photos outside, and I feel confident that working with her was one of the best choices we made for our wedding vendors.

Images for a lifetime!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Annie N

Jami Saunders is the guru of all things magical on capturing your wedding day. She has this amazing, creative ability to see a scenario for you to capture, wether it's in your home getting ready or a fun moment at the reception. Her eye is constantly seeing "moments" that you... Read More wouldn't even think to ask for and you don't have too because Jami has already shot it and moved on to the next amazing moment two tables down. After booking with Jami I told her my ultimate request was to have my day photographed as to remember how everyone enjoyed their time celebrating with us, and that is exactly what I got. Endless photos of my guests smiling, laughing, caught kissing during a slow song or wiping tears from their (mainly mine and my dad's!!) eyes- and just overall a summary of the best night of my and my how husband's lives. The best part is being able to relive the night vividly relive through the opening of our photo box. It's beyond words- amazing. Don't want to ruin the surprise, rather you see for yourself when you get it! Jami Saunders is really a unique, niche photographer in the sense that she is more than just someone who will photograph your perfect day, but invest in your story, your love and really become a friend through it all. Hands down, if you want one less thing to worry about on your big day- Jami Saunders Photography. The best.

A+ editorial approach to weddings

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 stefanie s

I met Jami a few years back on an editorial shoot and have been following her work ever since. Her creative use of light & sun and her ability to capture the moment with a photojournalistic approach made it a no-brainer when it came time for us to choose our wedding... Read More photographer. We did not want too many posed photos, nor did we want a photographer who was overwhelmingly present. Jami has a way of blending into the crowd, whether its during the getting ready process, the ceremony, or the reception, where you don't even know she's there yet somehow she captures every part of the event. The photos of us as a married couple, right after the ceremony are far beyond what we imagined they would be. Every shot is framed with such a creative eye and she used the sun and sun flare to make them even more romantic and unique. She takes an editorial approach to the couples photos and you feel like you're looking at yourself in a magazine spread. Our families also raved about her and complimented her beautiful work and her extremely friendly personality. We are all very happy :)

Jami Saunders makes your wedding last more than a day - a lifetime

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 sarah w

Love. This. Woman. Timely, friendly, professional, kind…I could go on and on. She is really salt of the earth. For heaven’s sake, she rescheduled our photo shoot last minute because we had an emergency and then got us all of our wedding photos within 5 weeks of the... Read More wedding…unreal. Plus, you get all of the photos on a disk and you don’t have to buy the album through her. But the proof is in the pudding. She got every single shot that we asked for. Her packages are fairly priced by NYC standards, and she becomes more than a vendor – she becomes a friend. I had some vendors I did NOT like, and she was top of the line. Please, please hire her for an exquisite wedding day and memories that last a lifetime. Plus, she makes you look like a MOVIE STAR, no kidding!

Amazing photographer, even better person!

Reviewed on 11/29/2013 Vanessa G

Well I could go on & on and tell you all about our search for a fantastic NYC wedding photographer and how amazing the pictures of our special day were....but that's too easy and frankly, a bit unnecessary as Jami is simply amazing at what she does. She has the amazing skill &... Read More style of capturing our personalities, all of the candid moments and the entire vibe from the day, all without knowing she was even there!! Instead, I'd like to share how a photographer was absolutely critical in keeping the dream of a perfect NYC wedding, together after dealing with a natural disaster. You see, we were supposed to be married on November 3rd, 2012, in Manhattan. However if you recall, a little hurricane named Sandy decided to cause havoc for a lot of people that week. While we didn't experience the absolute chaos and misfortune that a lot of other East coasters did, we did have to postpone our wedding. What were we going to do - Bryant Park (venue) had no power and either did we in Hoboken? We had super sketchy cell phone service, so we couldn't even make phone calls, however texts were going through. After determining some available dates with the venue, the first text we made was to Jami (who was dealing with her own post-storm aftermath and lack of power) and without hesitation, Jami's response was "whatever it is, we'll figure it out!". 1 month later, we figured it out and had our wedding on 12-1-12! After having our Engagement photo session with Jami two days before the storm, we knew we had made the right choice in wedding photographers. However, after the storm, Jami's willingness to make things work for us confirmed that she is someone special and we're so proud to say that Jami (and her husband Andrew!) are friends for life! Do yourself a favor and stop looking for another photographer....you've landed on THE one!

The best!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013

Jami and her assistant shooter Ken photographed our August wedding in New York, and her work exceeded our very high expectations from our engagement shoot. From the beginning, we knew that Jami totally understood us, and -- as a result -- her photographs perfectly captured the... Read More feel of the day. Several friends and family members have commented that ours are the most beautiful and natural wedding photos they've ever seen. We actually cannot stop looking at them! Working with Jami was a breeze from start to finish. She was always kind and super responsive, offering advice on timing and any other questions that arose during the planning process. On the day of the wedding, Jami was a lovely and calming presence, and she and Ken completely blended into the event. We simply can't begin to recommend Jami highly enough.

Creative and fun to work with!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Melanie C

Jami and her husband Andrew photographed my rehearsal dinner and wedding day. They are an awesome duo and were such a pleasure to work with - their photography skills, creativity, and fun personalities made our experience very memorable. Strongly recommend.

Amazing...

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Toni B

Jami and her husband, Andrew, did an amazing job with our wedding photos. We received almost 1,000 pictures and each shot was better than the next. They were wonderful to work with, fun and easy going! Jami is extremely creative and they made the entire process extremely easy.... Read More At the reception, we barely saw them as they blended into the crowd. Jami did my sister's maternity shoot and newborn shots, and I would definitely love for Jami to keep documenting our milestones.

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 5/05/2012 Eileen L

I have only seen the highlights of our wedding images but we are very pleased with how well Jami and her husband have captured so many moments throughout the whole wedding. It was extra special to have the two of them document both my husband and me separately getting ready with... Read More our bridal parties then all come together when we met at the church, then reception creating varying perspectives and incredible shots that portray all the emotions without being intrusive at all. Can't wait to get the whole thing into one album soon!

Jami is amazing

Reviewed on 5/13/2011 Erica B

We picked Jami for our wedding after searching for a photographer for over 2 months. We are very picky and wanted to make sure that our photos were amazing. Her work is incredible. We first met with her when we did our engagement pictures. Shes so lovely, pleasant and fun to... Read More be around. She made our wedding day spectacular. We just saw the preview of our wedding pictures and they are fantastic. Everyone loves them so much. I would recommend Jami for any occasion to absolutely everyone.

Very lucky to have found Jami!

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 Culley L

From our first hello on the phone when I was searching for a photographer in the city Jami made everything come together seamlessly for our wedding day. She provided great photography packages to choose from that laid out everything you would get clearly with pricing so there... Read More were no surprises. She is very thorough and works with you to make sure all your photography needs are covered. I didnt have to worry about missing details of my wedding day b/c she helped me outline all that was important to capture that day. She is a great listener and really captures all the details that are important to you -- as well as bringing her unique photography style that captures the perfect moments of your big day. I am very pleased with the quality of her work -- as well with the personalized touches she offers -- she customized a beautiful keepsake box for all of our photos, as well as offers great album options. So its not just the normal packages other studios offer -- it is very personalized. Her photography offers a classic style that you will cherish for generations to come. I plan on working with Jami Saunders in the future with other milestone events I want perfectly captured!

TO Jami Saunders Photography