Documentary

Online Proofing, Second Shooter Available

3277 Turtle Lake Dr. SE, Marietta, GA (404) 786-7062

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Michelle V

We loved working with Jamie. We had a fairly complicated (separate Hindu and Christian ceremonies and a reception in 1 day) and long wedding day and Jamie and his crew were there from start to finish. Jamie did a great job throughout the day of coordinating the extensive family... Read More photos we needed as well as making time for us to get some great couple shots. He’s extremely professional and made us feel relaxed and comfortable. We got our photos back really quickly after the wedding and he is always extremely prompt in responding to any questions. We’d recommend Jamie to anyone, especially for multi-cultural weddings.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Neena A

Jamie produces some beautiful pictures. They were colorful, creative, and stunning. We did our engagement photos with him, and he was able to direct us in natural looking photos, not the cookie-cutter posed photos that lack emotion. For both our engagement and wedding day he was... Read More exactly to the minute on time. If you show him some photos of poses you'd like, he is accommodating and helpful in trying to get those in too. He produced over 800 photos for our wedding day and turned them over in about a week and a half. He is well worth the money and his price is very fair.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

We are so fortunate to have Jamie as our wedding photographer. He is very creative and professional at selecting the perfect frames, capturing the surprising and fun moments, and integrating his talents and his high-tech equipments. We had so many amazing photos taken by him,... Read More everyone was so impressed by what he brings to our special day! We had many outdoor photo sessions on a beautiful island. He perfectly captured the nature and our smiles that last for the rest of our lives!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Heather B

My husband and I eloped last minute and Jamie was amazing through the craziness. He quoted prices for us while he was on vacation. Was VERY responsive to any emails I had. He was an absolute delight to be around on our day. Last but definitely not least, the photos are gorgeous... Read More and his pricing is VERY competitive and fair. Thank you for everything, Jamie!!!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

Jamie shot our entire wedding: the engagement photos, the mehendi party, both ceremonies, and the reception. His shots are beautiful, we have had multiple guests complement them! Jamie was very professional and is clearly very talented. He was also very accommodating and... Read More understanding when we ended up being behind on our day-of timeline. I would absolutely consider hiring Jamie, especially if you have a nice scenic location, as his shots are very artistic and unique. We liked that we were able to refer to some of his prior work from his blog and get similar shots for our engagement session; I learned that it is helpful to communicate ideas for shots/poses you like and that way he can help to re-create them with you. He (thankfully) doesn't do the whole cheesy practiced pose thing, so he is especially good if you prefer more natural looking shots of people being real in the moment. Jamie had a quick return on our photos-- we had somewhere over 1,000 photos from all of our events and we had them edited and returned within about a week and a half. He also responds to emails very quickly.

Reviewed on 2/09/2016

Jaime is the absolute best photographer and we couldn't be happier with our wedding pictures. He was very good at hiding in plain sight and capturing all the right moments. He was very quick with the turnaround after the wedding, the album came very quickly and was of... Read More outstanding quality. We highly recommend making Jaime your first choice for photography.

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Amy G

Jamie was everything we could have asked for in a wedding photographer. We were referred to him through a friend and he did our engagement photos and wedding photos. He was extremely professional, patient and obviously very, very talented. He takes great pride in his work and it... Read More shows in the beautiful photos we have from our big day. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer and believe he is truly one of the best.

Jamie Howell

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Katherine L

Jamie gave us exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. Our pictures were absolutely amazing and PERFECT! He was able to meet with us several times before the wedding and was super quick to respond to emails and questions. The wedding day he was on time,... Read More professional, and got every picture we wanted. After the wedding he returned our pictures with in two weeks and we saw teasers the next day on facebook! We were also able to design our wedding book through him. He created the book and I was able to change any pictures I wanted... we went through several proofs. Overall it was a great experience and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Great Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Jessica W

Jamie helped to truly capture our special day- from getting ready until we drove away for the night. He managed to capture some truly special moments and also managed to wrangle a somewhat chaotic wedding party! We loved all of our pictures and would definitely recommend... Read More Jamie to other Brides/ Grooms!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Margarita A

Excellent photographer! Jamie was our photographer for our engagement and two wedding ceremonies (A small ceremony was about 2 hrs away and he was at the venue before we were). I highly recommend him, his prices are the best the you will find and he is also extremely... Read More professional knowing how to direct the wedding party to be able to get great shots. The pictures that we got are stunning and I will cherish them forever. I definitely recommend him, I feel that our images are classic and beautiful and hopefully we get to work with him again in the future.

Excellent Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

We had our engagement photos and wedding photos taken by Jamie. He is very professional and he responds very quickly. We chose Jamie because of his creativity and uniqueness. We absolutely love our photos and we have gotten so many compliments! We have so many amazing pictures... Read More to cherish forever!!

Engagement/Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Sarah M

Jamie is an amazing photographer!! We did our engagement pictures at Hopeland Gardens earlier in the year and they turned out amazing! On our wedding day he took pictures while we were getting ready and you did not even know he was there! At the wedding Jamie had another... Read More photographer that was able to take pictures during the cocktail hour while we were doing our formal pictures and they all turned out great! We have received numerous compliments on how amazing our wedding pictures are! He did an amazing job and I could not have asked for a better photographer.

So glad we chose Jamie! Our photos are perfect!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Jacqueline A

Jamie photographed my wedding this past June, and the pictures turned out so well! He was very approachable and professional when I first contacted him about photographing my wedding. He met my fiancé and I and showed us lots of his work and explained his approach. He answered... Read More our questions and had some very helpful advice about how to prepare so we get all the photos we want. After that initial meeting, in the months preparing for the wedding, Jamie made life much easier for me by being quick to respond to any of my questions. Of course, his professionalism and experience mattered most on the day of the wedding... and he did an excellent job taking charge and making sure we got all the pictures we wanted as quickly as possible (our church was strict about the time available). We are so happy with the results! Jamie did a wonderful job capturing not only the formal photographs we wanted, but also many of the smaller, important personal moments that happened at the wedding and reception. Honestly, we would have missed many of those special moments without him. At the end of the day, our photographs turned out even better than we had imagined! Jamie got them to us even faster than he had promised and provided us with digital copies too. We are so thankful we will be able to remember our wedding so perfectly, and that we have such lovely photos to share with our friends, family, and one day hopefully children and grandchildren!

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Meredith S

I can't brag enough on Jamie! I found Jamie's website randomly while I was searching for wedding photographers. The problems I was running into were they were either way to expensive and their styles was too trendy. I needed someone who would take classic photographs, and... Read More wouldn't demand I sell a kidney to be able to afford their services. Jamie met those needs and more! From the beginning, he worked around MY schedule. Made sure we could set up a meeting that was convenient to my location and time frame, brought tons of portfolios, package options, and price list. He stayed in constant communication throughout the year making sure I knew he was on board and would be there ready for the big day! He has a reasonable photography package. You didn't have to buy everything a la carte (although you had that option if you wanted). He doesn't pressure you into purchasing items from the a la carte either! Not only does he take beautiful pictures, he was able to get them back to us within a couple of weeks (the digit downloads and the flask drive). I've had friends who used other photographers and they've waited months before receiving their pictures! Overall, Jamie did awesome. I can't say enough great things about him! Would use him again and recommend him to all my friends!

excellent photographer, excellent value

Reviewed on 6/22/2014

i had the opportunity to work with jamie when he photographed my wedding. from the outset, he was very pleasant taking the time to explain all the different options and packages that were available. when i mentioned to him that i had a multi day wedding in two different cities... Read More on opposite ends of the country, he worked with me so that i would only have to hire one photographer for the events. the pictures came out great and the album even better. thanks for helping me to remember some of the great times in my life!

The Absolute Best Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 Nicole M

Jamie Howell photographed both of my sisters weddings, and when it came time for me to get married, there was absolutely no question who I would ask to photograph my wedding as well. In all three separate weddings (over a 6 year time span) Jamie took amazing pictures, perfectly... Read More capturing the essence of the wedding day. For my wedding, he took both my bridal shots, and photographed the wedding day its self. He was extremely punctual and professional while also creating a fun and laid-back (stress-free) picture taking environment. Jamie accommodated any and all pictures we requested. In addition, he was very creative in capturing the perfect images during our day. Along with the few posed pictures we requested, most of the pictures were candid and causal. He was able to provide an enormous number of photographs, many of which we did not even remember when they were taken, as he was able to do so in a very non-intrusive manner. Jamie provided a very quick turn around when receiving our photos, which eliminated the anxious anticipation. I am 100% satisfied with each and every photo that Jamie took and recommend him to everyone. We could not be more happy with our wedding pictures. THANK YOU Jamie for providing these lasting images that we will treasure forever!

Nothing Short of Awesome

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Tina T

Jamie Howell did engagement and wedding photography for my husband and me. I was amazed by his punctuality, communication skills and the ability to cater to each couple. He's awesome at what he does. At first meet, we sat down and talked about what we envisioned for our... Read More engagement and wedding photos and he helped us meet our needs by being honest and not wasting any of our time. He didn't have to "upsell" us on any products because his work speaks for itself. He has a real talent for catching wonderful action shots and candid moments. We have so many of those from our wedding and all we could think was "WHEN DID HE TAKE THIS PHOTO???". He is the kind of person you do not have to micromanage. All you need to do is give Jamie what he needs, and he will do the rest. In terms of professionalism, he always finds the way to speak to guests, members of the wedding party and anyone else with the utmost respect. I have to personally give him credit for this because you will often find people at your wedding taking pictures, or in the way of the photographer you're actually paying. I would recommend Jamie Howell Photography to anyone who wants the best still photos of their engagement session or wedding. People often get intimidated by the prices, but once the big day is over, you want to be left with the best memories possible. In fact, Jamie takes so much pride in his work, you may find yourself with the originals from your wedding before you're able to be tagged in cell phone photos on social media.

Abbas and Nilma Momin Indian/Pakistani Muslim Wedding

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Nilma M

My husband and I begin looking for wedding photographers almost a year before our wedding. The first thing the two of us were trying to keep in mind about our wedding: Traditional Indian/Pakistani Muslim wedding consisting of multiple days/events (5). This was not going to be... Read More any regular type of Indian/Pakistani wedding. My husband and I come from a very traditional cultural type of background and community. Our weddings include LOTS of various traditions throughout each event. Some that many wedding photographers may not have seen. After researching, reading reviews, and setting up various meetings, we finally came down to the conclusion of our two top picks of Atlanta based wedding photographers. I was so torn between Jamie and another photographer that I had been researching on. Both had shot Indian/Pakistani weddings, both had kind personalities (defiantly important), both prices were reasonable, and both seemed flexible. What was my breaking point? As I compared Jamie’s images with the other photographer, I just could not fail to notice the extreme sharp, clean, vibrant, timeless and professional looking images Jamie was producing compared to the other. After getting opinions from many friends and family members and their immediate positive response to Jamie’s images, Jamie Howell Photography had broken the tie and we signed the contract! A few great things I want to point out about Jamie are that he is flexible and prompt. Flexible because he met meet at my work location twice prior to the contract as well as at the mosque that the wedding was going to be held at so I could show him around the place (to help him get the feel of how different this wedding is going to be compared to the past Indian/Pakistani weddings he had shot) and prompt because he was always SO quick with his email responses, proofs, and final products. I needed my first event pictures a few days after the event and Jamie was on it and got those to me. My final proofs were online for me to view within a few weeks after the wedding. Hence, he had taken over 5,000-6,000 pictures with the 5 events he shot for our wedding. So he sorted all the good from the bad shots and got what we wanted/needed in no time! Overall, I am in LOVE with my wedding portraits. We have received endless compliments on our wedding photos and multiple people have phrased the “photographer” for capturing our Indian/Pakistani wedding (which is not always easy for non-Indian/Pakistan photographers to do). Family members back home (India and Pakistan) are beyond impressed with the photos! On another side note: Jamie’s work from our wedding photos was chosen to be featured on a very popular Indian Wedding Blog (Maharani Weddings), how cool is that?! So no matter what type of wedding you are having…big, small, traditional, non-traditional, Indian, Pakistani, whatever it is… just know that if you choose Jamie Howell Photography as your wedding photographer, you are sure to get timeless pictures that look beyond professional. Thanks Jamie for everything!! We will cherish these photos forever!

Amazing Photographs

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Alex F

Jamie was one of the first vendors that we booked for our May wedding. One our main concerns were the photographs that we would have for the rest of our lives. His website shows absolutely gorgeous photos that incorporate a great deal of color. Jamie responds very quickly and... Read More efficiently to all inquiries. We also booked Jamie for an engagement shoot. My then-fiance' and I are not used to photoshoots, so it took us a little bit of time to become comfortable. Jamie takes mainly candid shots, not posed photographs. When we received our pictures back, they were beautiful with lots of color. During the wedding, Jamie focused again on candid shots. This was a little more difficult with a large group of people because we weren't sure what to do with our hands, eyes, etc. It also didn't seem that we took too many pictures of the bridal party and bride/groom. My husband and I were a little concerned that we woulnd't have enough of the pictures we paid for. The only other complaint that my bridal party had is that Jamie seems a little uneasy with picture requests. If you have a list of photographs and poses you would like, I am not sure that he is the photographer to go to. He prefers to be more in the background. That being said, we received the pictures approximately 2 weeks from the wedding. They were absolutely stunning. There were approximately 500 photos overall. Our guests have loved them all so far. I would recommend Jamie if you are okay with letting him take the reigns.

Love Jamie

Reviewed on 2/01/2013 Tamara D

Jamie is truly a wonderful photographer. However, I could see the stress/anxiety hit him when he realized my family was loud, hard to manage, and unwilling to listen. He did his best to wrangle them but unfortunately some of the family pictures did not turn out quite right.... Read More However, the quality of his work is worth the price, in fact he should probably charge more! He is so willing to do whatever you want him to do and you can tell that his mind is working to always capture your day the way you would want to remember it! He took WONDERFUL pictures of the bridal party, my husband and I, and some great and memorable candids!

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Krystal M

I will never use another photographer for any major life event. Jamie Howell is AMAZING. He avoids all the cheesy poses and sideways photography that's going to make your photos look dated in 10 years. His use of light is beautiful. Everyone loved our engagement photos, my... Read More bridal portraits, and our wedding photos done by Jamie. He is truly an artist. If you want the best pictures that are going to last a lifetime book him as far in advance as possible.

Beautiful photography

Reviewed on 5/09/2011 Katie H

Jamie's photos are very creative and unique and I knew we would receive high quality pictures from him. My only qualm is that he didn't seem extremely receptive to some of the photo ideas that I had. However, this could be because we were very short on time. If you're looking... Read More for someone to just take amazing photos of your event without you worrying about it, this is the guy for you!

Review for Jamie Howell Photography

Reviewed on 2/14/2009 Stacey W

Jamie was easy going and we felt confident working with him. He went above and beyond and left us nothing to worry about. He even stayed later than agreed and captured great photos. He was also very affordable.