J&D farms

Gadsden, AL

J&D farms.. A place for weddings

If you envision a wedding under the warm glow of afternoon sun, dappled through the limbs of vintage apple trees, or the rustic elegance of a barn wedding or reception, look no further. J&D farms now offers vintage church pews, barn wood farm tables and stunning X-back farm chairs!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Loft

Rentals + Equipment

5635 mountain pass road, Gadsden, AL

Beautiful Location! Personalized Service!

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Anna D

J&D Farms was such an amazing & beautiful place to get married! I would recommend it to every bride currently looking for a venue. Danny went above and beyond to make sure that my husband and I had the best day imaginable. He was always courteous and flexible during the planning... Read More process, often allowing us to come to the venue to look around (sometimes for several hours). He even allowed us to attend the wedding of another bride, just so that we could see how everything gets set up. The level of personal service can’t be beat! We held our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception on the grounds. There were several people from the venue on hand that night to make sure everything moved smoothly. Danny himself stayed and helped us work out an issue with one of the suppliers (the heater wasn’t working properly and he fought on our behalf). Their selection of decorative items was extensive and incredible! On top of everything they allowed us to use from their own supply, Danny allowed us to use almost anything else we brought in. He cared much more about making sure we enjoyed our night, than a big list of rules or regulations. It was a fantastic place to get married and we couldn’t have been happier with the experience.

J and D is PERFECT!

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Chelsey

Jana and Danny have created a venue that is magical. There are so many options. I had a orchard wedding and a barn reception. The barn is so beautiful that there is little to nothing that has to be done to have it wedding day ready. Not only was the venue perfect, I used Danny... Read More and Jana as my photographer. To say my pictures were wonderful is an understatement. They made my wedding day perfect! I will recommend J and D Farms to everyone! The kindest people we met during the wedding planning experience. They are truly a blessing and a joy to work with. My guest are still talking about how beautiful J and D Farms is!

J&D Farms - wedding venue

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Emily F

If you're going for shabby chic, elegant, natural or anything in between, the setting can be arranged at J&D Farms. The land is simply gorgeous with ceremony and reception options of an apple orchard with antique church pews or poolside or a rustic yet fabulously clean barn with... Read More amazing architecture. The atmosphere is that of relaxation and class. I could not have been more relaxed on a day that tends to stress out brides. The owners of the farm and, how convenient, also amazing and creative photographers, are both the sweetest people and very professional all at the same time. They let you choose your own caterer, band, photographer or anything else that other locations might lock you into. We chose them as the photographers (J&D Photography) and are 100% pleased with their work. You will not lack any scenery or backdrops for photos since the land has so much to offer. There is a finely crafted carriage house where the bride and her party gets ready. I would recommend this location a million times over to any engaged couple looking for a wedding venue. My husband and I are elated to have gotten married there.

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Ashley O

They are wonderful photographers and if you use their venue then you should definitely use them for your wedding pictures as well.

J&D Farms Wedding

Reviewed on 11/17/2014

I had my wedding at J&D Farms on 10/11/14 and it was amazing. I was living in Oklahoma but my fiance was in Alabama, I knew nothing about Alabama or where to start, but Danny and Jana were so helpful with helping me find vendors for food, cakes etc. Any time I needed to text or... Read More call them with questions they made the time for me. The venue is absolutely beautiful. We had the ceremony in the orchard and the reception in the barn. Everyone had such a great time and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was. If you want a dream come true wedding have it here! Seriously!

Wedding of my Dreams

Reviewed on 11/10/2014

I had the best experience working with Danny and Jana and everyone at J&D Farms. They make your day as stress free as possible and the venue is absolutely beautiful. We had bad weather during our reception, and Jana and Danny both were willing to extend our hours at the venue to... Read More make up for the time we lost due to the storms. I felt so taken care of, and they both were available if we needed anything at all. We also used their photography services. I am absolutely in love with my images and now I can relive the best day of my life again and again thanks to the two of them! I highly recommend the venue and the photography services. BEST decision we made.

The best wedding venue!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Haley F

My experience with J &D Farms was everything I expected and more! The owners and staff go out of their way to make your day one to remember. The property is absolutely beautiful and includes everything that you need for a ceremony and reception setting. I was overwhelmed by the... Read More amount of care that the owners put into planning for our special day! In addition to these fabulous features, the photography was the best that I've ever experienced! Adding the photography on to our package was the best decision that we made! They are professional in every way and captured all of the right moments with beautiful shots. I highly recommend this venue for any bride and groom looking for their dream wedding!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Catherine H

Jana and Danny were absolutely amazing to work with!! We could not have asked for a better venue or photographer! They were always available to talk when we needed them, and made us feel at home at the farm!!

J&D Farms Bride

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Megan G

I absolutely was thrilled with this venue. It is beyond beautiful and Danny and his wife are amazing to work with and are so professional. I would recommend this place to everyone! I was married here on May 24, 2014 and I loved it!

The Wedding Day I always DREAMED of!

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Ciera M

J&D Farms was the perfect place for our special day! The staff was outstanding! The venue was perfect and everything was well maintained and ready for our day! This is the perfect place for someone wanting an outdoor or barn wedding! Jana and Danny are excellent Photographers... Read More and work so well with the Bride and Groom and those that are involved! I can promise you wont be disappointed with this choice for a wedding venue!

Loved my outdoor wedding!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Rachel H

This is the most beautiful outdoor venue I've seen! If you're looking for a rustic wedding you found the place. The owners are amazing and work with you through the whole process. I would highly recommend J&D!

Small and expensive!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Hannah B

The barn is beautiful but it is very small, has no air conditioner, and it next to the people's home. It also only has one restroom right at the door of the barn. It would be great for an outside wedding in front of the barn!

2013-06-26T12:06:17 Response from Danny , the member

Thanks so much for your comments. Just to clarify we do actually have two bathrooms. One adjacent to the service kitchen, which is air conditioned, and one in the shed area of the barn. The barn is authentic in every detail, so does not have... Read Less Read More

Absolute Perfection!

Reviewed on 1/02/2013 Tess S

There are not enough words to describe our experience at J & D Farms. Danny & Jana are so friendly and personable. They went above and beyond to make sure our day was everything we hoped it to be. They were very accommodating and always anxious to help when needed. The farm... Read More itself is a complete dream. My husband and I were going for southern elegance, and the farm completed our fairytale wedding. If you are looking for the perfect southern wedding J & D Farms is the venue for you!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Amanda P

I literally would not be able to say enough good things about J&D and its owner, Danny. Danny went above and beyond for us in every way that he could to make our day perfect. I really felt like I was dealing more with a friend trying to help plan my wedding than just another... Read More vendor. The farm, the barn, the orchard are all beautiful, but what truly sets J&D apart is their service. Incredibly lovely venue with even lovelier people running things :)

TO J&D farms