Janelle Brooke Photography Inc

Serving the Tristate Area

Simple. Candid. Artistic. Fun. Elegant.

Janelle's artistic photographs and fresh perspectives push the envelope of wedding photography. JBP is not a factory, but rather a one of a kind boutique. Janelle and the JBP team are with you from start to finish, assuring that your experience throughout is smooth, fun and enjoyable.

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Northport, NY Serving the Tristate Area (631) 261-0307

The Most Wonderful Wedding Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Diana A

Janelle Brooke Photography was hands down our favourite vendor from our wedding. They had photographed the weddings of 2 acquaintances over the last few years and I knew from seeing those pictures I needed to have them at my wedding! From the first day that we contacted them,... Read More Terrie and Janelle were extremely hands on and so warm towards us. As a bride I knew I wouldn’t have felt comfortable with a videographer following us around the day of the wedding, so we felt we could spend that extra bit of money on having the most stunning pictures possible – and Janelle and Terry definitely helped us achieve this. Their style was exactly in line with that I wanted –intimate, elegant, and real (no stiff posing & positioning here!). They captured so much of the emotion and excitement of the day. My now-husband and I live in London and got married in New York – which in itself created a stressful wedding planning situation. These women bent over backwards to fit us in for meetings and Skype sessions. They were a pleasure to work with, always reachable, and happy to help. You can feel the kindness, warmth, and patience they have for each and every one of their clients. They worked with us every step of the way and we came out with the most beautiful photos of the most memorable day. I cannot recommend using them enough, we are so happy with all of their work.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Christina T

I knew as soon as we spoke on the phone that Janelle would be the person we would trust to take photos of our most important day. Everyone else I had contacted had sent me an email package with little follow-up, so this phone call was very meaningful. When we spoke I could hear... Read More the genuine excitement she had for our upcoming wedding and she really worked with us to ensure that our vision was realized. Talking to her literally brought me to tears; I was so relieved to find her. Leading up to the wedding, Janelle made a major effort to get to know us as a couple, which made all the difference on our wedding day, because we weren't spending it with a stranger, we were spending it with a friend. The day of our walkthrough there was a lot of rain and snow and Janelle kept our appointment and even brought her camera! She got some beautiful shots of us and even edited them so the snow looked dreamy instead of messy. We were able to use them on our welcome table at our cocktail hour which was so awesome. The day of the wedding, the bridal suite was full of people and it was raining. It was a mad house. She came with umbrellas for the bridal party, a plan for an alternate location for photos, a huge smile, and a calm that was so genuinely appreciated. Somehow in the midst of all the chaos, she was able to capture the moments that really mattered to me. I will always be thankful to her for that. A wedding is an extremely long day, and I don't feel like you fully appreciate all of the hard work a photographer and their team put into the day until it's over and you realize they were there with you every single step of the way. Janelle and Teri captured all of the moments that passed by us too quickly, and we will always, always, smile back on these photos. I get choked up just thinking about it. Janelle and Terri went above the call of duty before, during, and after our wedding. They sent over a sneak peek of the day a week later, which was so awesome to receive while we were on our honeymoon and floating in our little bubble. I also was so excited to open the mail a few months later and receive a beautiful wooden box with our wedding photo on it, which contained a bunch of prints Janelle selected as well as a zip drive of the whole day. That box will be something I cherish forever. If you are looking for people who genuinely care, who want to hear your love story and what makes you special as a couple, and who take brilliant photos that your family will cherish for generations...look no further. These are the people who will make your day- and your memories- nothing short of magic. They are worth every single cent and more. We can't wait to start a family and have Janelle and Teri join us with their cameras on this next part of our journey. XOXO All our love Tina and Billy

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sarah P

Everyone should be lucky enough to have Janelle for their wedding. I was first introduced to Janelle's work when I was completely stunned by the artistry of my friends engagement photos. I am completely lacking the bridal gene and really did not enjoy nor want to plan a... Read More wedding. However, 4 years before I got engaged, I asked my friend to hold onto Janelle's info for me when I got married. I knew I had to have her. Her photos were the least staged (no forced faces or awkward stances here!) and most artistic (the colors and angles are mind blowing. My love for her, and really the entire JBP team is threefold: 1. Photography. Please see above. In case I have not gushed enough, people who dont even know me but friends of friends of friends have commented and reached out about my photos. I have made multiple recommendations to other brides, and all of those who took a meeting with her hired her (see why in numbers 2 and 3). Additionally, may I also mention, that my friend (who used her on my recommendation) forwent a veideographer to go with JBP. She was a little nervous. The other day her photos came back and she said, "Janelle literally captured every moment, emotion, and feeling. There was no need for a videographer, she really got it all." There is no doubt that her work is absolutely, utterly gorgeous. 2. Personality. Seriously, personalities do not come any better than those of the JBP team. They are extremely professional, but so are many companies here in the NYC area. Ok, these women are the most ridiculously lovely human beings on the planet. I called Janelle the “Xanax in my room” at the wedding. She held her own and felt comfortable directing people, but also was able to calm down anxious parents, bridal party members (and the bride and groom), all without batting an eyelash. And, if you look at the photos of their couples, they all look like they are having the best time ever, and that is because they are. We had the BEST time hanging out with this crew. I’m laughing, and smiling so hard it hurts in each picture. 3. Above and Beyond. Confession: even though I had my heart set on Janelle, I took meetings with other very large name photography companies. However, all of them were all business, you have me for 5 hours for this price, and 8 hours for this price, etc. Janelle looked at us and said, “I’m there with you, we want to be there and experience it all with you.” She meant it. They partied with us practically all weekend (we had them come for our Friday rehearsal too). Beyond that, without me even having to say anything Janelle and her team expertly created a timeline for the day of the wedding to ensure each photograph we wanted would be there. No other photographer does this, not to the level of attention and detail they do. Also, they coordinated with our other vendors to make sure the schedule worked for everyone. Seriously, they didn’t even need me involved it was all taken care of, and as an extremely busy (and lost) bride, it was such a gift. If you’re still reading this, I hope this serves as the personal recommendation you are searching for when choosing one of the most important aspects of your wedding. Seriously, you can take my word for it, this team will surpass every expectation.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Brittany C

Janelle Brooke Photography is the best of the BEST! From the moment my husband and I met Janelle Brooke, we knew we were in good hands. The Janelle Brooke team is extremely professional, personal, and passionate about their work. I was blown away by their attention to detail and... Read More their patience (which was a major priority for me!) Janelle and Terrie were super upbeat, hysterical and the perfect duo to have on your special day. Janelle’s number one goal is to make you happy. Being an anxious bride, Janelle was able to calm me down within seconds. Through this whole crazy process, Janelle was not only my ‘wedding photographer’ but she also became a genuine and amazing friend. I would highly recommend JBP to make sure your day is perfectly captured and memorable as mine was.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Katie B

Janelle and her entire team at Janelle Brooke Photography far exceeded my expectations! They go above and beyond to meet every need, and take the most amazing photographs. My husband and I spent weeks trying to find a photographer, and what set Janelle and her team apart from... Read More everyone else was the love they have for their craft, their attention to detail, and most importantly, their genuine nature and ability to make someone who is very picky and doesn't consider themself photogenic, feel comfortable and at ease. Also, the homemade chocolate chip cookies they served during our first meeting didn't hurt ;). I can't say enough good things about this amazing team of professional photographers. My wedding wouldn't have been the same without them!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie I

I can't say enough positive things about Janelle and her team. I met Janelle and Terrie as a bridesmaid when they were shooting a friend's wedding. From the first day my husband and I met with Terrie when we were scouting photographers I felt good vibes. While we didn't do an... Read More engagement shoot, we did a couple of mini shoots with Janelle a few months prior to our wedding. My husband and I don't really like attention, but Janelle made it easy to feel comfortable in front of the camera. Janelle helped us choose sites for the pre-wedding shoots that fit our personalities well. During the planning process, I dealt with Erica in the office on a daily basis. She was always so nice and responded to emails in a very prompt manner. Janelle, Alex and Beth shot our wedding day, and we couldn't be happier with the way the preview photos turned out. (We haven't received the full set of photos yet.) They arrived on time, and we were able to stick to the schedule Janelle created for our day. We went off-site for the bride-and-groom pics, and we still had some extra time after family photos before the ceremony. A few minor things went wrong during the reception, and Janelle was there to listen when I needed to vent. We are so excited to receive the full set of photos. I'm so glad we chose JBP to shoot our special day, and I would have no hesitation recommending them to family and friends!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

After months of meeting with different photographers, we gratefully found Janelle Brooke Photography who matched our style completely! From the moment we met Terrie; we felt extremely confident that she would capture our style and ideas. Terrie's upbeat, positive outlook truly... Read More helped us to feel at ease throughout the entire wedding planning process. We are in love with all of our pictures and all the effects/ edits that were made to make our special day a forever beautiful memory. It was pleasure in working with Terrie, she is such a great photographer and now friend!! We can't wait to see the rest of our pictures and look forward to working together on our album! Thank you again Terrie, we love you! -Mr. & Mrs. Di Pasquale <3

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Cristina S

Janelle and her crew are amazing! From touching base with other vendors (DJ, make-up crew...) to make sure everyone is on the same page, to their professionalism and to the amazing shots they take! After seeing my pictures, I can't imagine using anyone else in the future!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lauren C

Janelle and her amazing JBP team were beyond incredible both leading up to our wedding and on our magical day. We couldn't have asked for a more creative photographer. Janelle and her team put all their efforts into making our engagement photos gorgeous as well as our wedding... Read More photos. The team was also supportive of our vision for our photos, and fully carried that through in our photos. I have to also say that JBP treated us like family, not clients. We were so comfortable with her shooting our photos, bringing out such beauty, while at the same time allowing us to be who we truly are in front of the camera. She made us feel at home! The passion that the JBP Team has for their work is so evident in our photos. They work tirelessly to edit photos to become PERFECTION! Not to mention, they are extremely accommodating and easy to work with. Janelle and the JBP Team took so much stress out of the wedding planning process for me. On the day of our wedding, they came with any necessity a bride could possibly need (sewing kit, fan for a hot summer evening, and even sparklers!) I would recommend the JBP team in a heartbeat to anyone getting married. There is no doubt that we chose the BEST photographer to capture the most perfect day of our lives. We will miss Janelle and the JBP Team so much now that the wedding is over, but we cannot wait to one day do a family shoot with her!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Liz D

Perfection! JBP truly goes above and beyond every step of the way, making you feel like family more than clients. Terrie was our lead photographer, and she did an incredible job. She did an incredible job shooting our engagement session, taking the time to find beautiful... Read More settings and light, coaching us on poses while allowing us to be our natural selves, and making us feel like old friends. We absolutely LOVED the finished product! Terrie truly has an amazing talent for bringing out the best in happy couples and creating beautiful images. In the months leading up to our wedding, she was always professional, responsive to our (many!) questions, and a lot of fun to work with, even spending an entire afternoon during the venue walk-through scouting additional photo spots at our getting-ready locations - that's dedication! Our wedding day itself was complete perfection, all thanks to Terrie, Cassandra, and Emily, who helped keep our timeline on track, unobtrusively documented our perfect day, and even provided an "Unplugged Wedding" sign. It was important to us to be able to take photos while having time to enjoy our own reception, and Terrie was instrumental in making that happen. Her photography style is so natural that we felt we had all the beautiful shots we wanted but still had the chance to eat and dance! Overall we had a spectacular experience with JBP, and I highly recommend Terrie - she really goes above and beyond!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Alicia H

Janelle, Terrie, Harrison, Erica and the whole JBP team are the best in the business. Not only will they produce the most absolutely gorgeous photos that will capture beautiful and real moments, but they also are phenomenal professionals and people who will make the whole... Read More experience unforgettable. Even when there's stress and chaos, Janelle and her team find a way to bring a sense of calmness and FUN to any situation. Their work isn't just photos; it's art. It's always so hard to pick my favorites because they are ALL my favorite! Janelle and her team know how to make you look your best while being completely natural and candid. I truly recommend JBP to anyone looking to have photos -- whether they are wedding, engagement, newborns, family portraits etc. -- that will wildly surpass your expectations and make those special moments last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Stacy W

Terrie Alfieri of JBP was the absolute best choice for us! Being a photographer myself, I searched for one that wowed me, that blew me away and that I really admired. JBP are all those things and so much more. The detail that they provide to their brides and grooms is unmatched... Read More in this industry. They are the best of the best! Terrie Alfieri and her team made my wedding day calm, fun and so super spectacular! The images are beyond gorgeous and I will treasure them always.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Katelyn P

The JBP team has been amazing to work with! Terrie, Alex & Beth made our wedding day photos fun and flawless! They worked so well with our DJ and videographer too! So worth it! We can't wait to see the finished products :) JBP is the best!!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Jeanne Ann T

Harrison was the 2nd shooter at our wedding and he was fantastic!! He spent the morning with my husband and his groomsmen, first. The shots he captured were the most beautiful and genuine moments. My husband and I believe that Terrie is THE best of the best, and after working... Read More with Harrison, we realized that his talent and love for photography is right up there with hers. The photos he took made us feel like we didn't miss a beat of the day. He was such a pleasure to deal with and we recommend him to anyone booking with JBP!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Francesca V

We were recently engaged in August of 2015 out in Montauk, NY. We both didn’t really know what to expect (Francesca didn’t even expect the proposal!) but we had such an amazing experience working with Harrison from Janelle Brooke Photography. He called Fran before the proposal... Read More to get to know him and asked about how he was going to ask, what kind of group of family and friends we had, locations, etc. He really went above and beyond to make sure he did his best to capture our night the way we wanted it. And it was perfect. Not only did he capture the surprise proposal, but also the second surprise of having all of our family and friends there to share in the special moment. He got a long with everyone wonderfully and felt like a part of the crew! We would highly recommend him to photograph anyone’s special event and hope that he will be a part of our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Most talented and creative photographers. My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Terrie. From beginning to end, she went above and beyond to make sure our wedding and engagement photos came to fruition. JBP exceeded our expectations by far!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Janelle & Team: We can not begin to thank you enough for an amazing experience. Your entire staff was incredible and so friendly, and we can’t wait to see the rest of the wedding photos. We knew immediately when we first met you that you understood our vision, style, and... Read More personalities. The engagement photos at sunrise on the Brooklyn bridge were so much fun and our wedding day was perfect! Thank you!!! Your staff was professional, always on-time, flexible, and personable. After the wedding we had so many friends and family ask for your information as they were also impressed with your work and style, and fantastic personalities. We look forward to continuing to use you and your team in the future! Thanks again! - Lisa & David

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Angela R

I found JBP's business card at the Suffolk Community College art and photography show in 2012 with some of Janelle and Terri's photography on display. I knew then and there that I wanted JBP at my wedding. Upon meeting the JBP team, my (now wife) and I fell in love! Their work?... Read More Flawless. Their personalities? So sweet and caring. Professional? Absolutely. Meeting Janelle and her team was like meeting old college friends and catching up on good times. Janelle knew how to read us immediately and completely took the lead. Our engagement photos were outstanding. I, being a plus-sized and heavily tattooed bride, can be quite difficult to put against certain backgrounds....mostly because I'm so colorful (lol)....and Janelle handled it amazingly. I couldn't believe how well she captured me and my (very large) personality. My (now wife), on the other hand, is extremely shy. Somehow, Janelle was able to get her out of her shell and grabbed some of the most truly genuine and intimate moments between us. The wedding pictures were no less amazing....in fact, they were better! You could feel every moment as if it were happening before your eyes. Every minute of love, every emotion, every loud laugh...right there. I was re-living our entire day. You know, I never believed anyone when they said that the day goes by in an instant...but I assure you, it does. And the only chance you have to preserve that day is with your media (photo and video). It's important to chose a photographer who is professional, compassionate, easy to get along with, artistic and has an amazing eye....JBP is that person. This is the one area of your wedding where the money matters! Scrimp on favors...people will forget about them...but your photographs are an INVESTMENT and should be treated that way. JBP is a worthy investment. Janelle et. al..... Angel and I look so incredibly forward to bringing you all along with us on the next step of our journey!!! Can't wait to be able to call you with news of baby bump photos!!!!!!! Xoxo We adore you guys!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Deidre M

Janelle, Terrie and everyone on the JBP team were (and still are!) amazing! From the moment we first met via Skype it was a perfect match! Everyone was so kind and made you feel so comfortable! Janelle and Terrie make their job look effortless and the end results are just... Read More amazing! They came to the table with great ideas and they were open to any ideas suggested. We miss them so much now that are wedding is over! We can't wait to work with them again for a family shoot! We highly recommend their amazing talent and services!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

I fell in love with Janelle Brooke Photography years ago, after she and her team photographed a friends wedding. One of the first things Janelle told me when I met with her, is that what she stands for is not only beautiful photographs, but the whole experience. And wow, was she... Read More correct! Even my then fiance (who is a typical man and not detail oriented) looked at me after our first time meeting with her and said, "we have to have her." For so many other photographers, you are just another wedding/event on their calendar. For Janelle and her team, even if you are wedding number 20,001 - you would never know it. The time, care, and detail taken is beyond measure. Janelle and her team always made themselves available and answered all of my million questions. I have heard so many stories of brides worrying about the schedule of their day and hating their pictures. Janelle took all of that stress away, and I knew I had nothing to worry about (how many people can say that about their wedding day!?) She and her amazing team took care of everything, and I will be forever grateful to have found her and be a part of the JBP family (and now they are a part of ours). My wedding pictures are absolutely incredible (and no, no one else could have captured what they did). When I look back at my engagement and wedding photos, not only do I absolutely love them, but I can also see the love and care that they were taken with. Janelle was it for us for our wedding day and we know is our photographer for all of our next life events! We can't thank everyone enough!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Janelle, Terrie and team were an absolute dream to have in capturing the most beautiful moments during our engagement shoot and our big day. They were attentive to our personal style, made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and felt like true friends by the end of... Read More our wedding planning journey. They also helped us to design our very own save the dates using our engagement shoot photos - this 1-1 session was complete with freshly baked cookies! We got compliments on the save the dates for months and months. Thank you for everything, JBP!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Alyssa M

Janelle and her team are absolutely incredible! I knew from the moment I saw her work that I needed her to be my wedding photographer. She was such a joy to work with. Even my husband, who wasn't particularly excited about all the pictures, from anticipating awkward poses to... Read More cheesy smiles, had such a blast! Janelle is so down to earth and can make anybody feel comfortable, and makes photography so much fun. Her and her staff are always professional, punctual, and it was so reassuring to not have to worry about the photography aspect of my wedding day. My husband and I, and my family, are so impressed with how our pictures came out. Now that my husband and I are expecting our first baby, we only wish we lived closer to her to do our maternity and baby photos! Anybody considering Janelle for their wedding photography....DO IT!!! You will NOT regret it!! Your big day goes so so fast, and the pictures are what creates memories for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Donna D

Janelle Brooke Photography was by far one of our best investments for our wedding! They did an absolutely stunning job for both our engagement pictures and wedding. Our pictures captured every detail and were unique, artistic and gorgeous! Janelle and Terry not only took amazing... Read More pictures, they helped coordinate the entire day, alleviating a ton of my stress! I feel so fortunate that we found Janelle Brooke Photography and now will always have these pictures to remember our special day.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

The day I tried to set an appointment with what I thought was going to be the photographer of my dreams wound up being booked for the day of my wedding and Im so glad they were. I was referred to JBP from this company and what an honor it is to be recognized for your talent from... Read More your competitors. I had to give this team a call and at least see what made them so special. When I met Janelle, it certainly helped that she had great visuals to display her style, but her personality is what really sealed the deal. In just one meeting, I felt like I've known her for years and would have such an honest, comfortable, and incredible wedding experience with her on my team. Terrie, part of the dynamic duo, was awesome as well, working her magic to create our wedding web site and gorgeous save the dates. We loved that JBP conducted a prewedding walkthrough for the best photo sites and works in doubles on the wedding day to ensure that all angles of our special day were captured. As we were looking for wedding vendors, the most important thing to us was that we had someone that would truly listen to what we wanted and do their best to create that experience. Janelle and Terrie captured the moments that will remind us of what an amazing day and night 6/20/15 was and will continue to do so for years to come. Thanks for the memories JBP!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Christina S

Words can not express how happy we are in choosing JBP for our wedding. From day 1 Janelle & team have been amazing and we are so happy with our wedding photos. Planning my wedding from afar was so stress-less thanks to JBP. They were always happy to answer any questions and... Read More discuss anything and everything. Highly recommended!! JBP team are all amazing and so nice!!

Start a Conversation!