Janelle Brooke Photography Inc

Serving the Tristate Area

Simple. Candid. Artistic. Fun. Elegant.

The JBP Team is group of talented artists that all share in the same creative vision of wedding photography led by Janelle Brooke and Terrie Alfieri. Our goal is to provide unparalleled artistic imagery, personalized attention and overall, an exceptional experience to every couple we work with.

Artistic, Classic, Lifestyle

$5,000+

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Serving the Tristate Area (631) 261-0307
INSTAGRAM

The Most Wonderful Wedding Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Diana A

Janelle Brooke Photography was hands down our favourite vendor from our wedding. They had photographed the weddings of 2 acquaintances over the last few years and I knew from seeing those pictures I needed to have them at my wedding! From the first day that we contacted them,... Read More Terrie and Janelle were extremely hands on and so warm towards us. As a bride I knew I wouldn’t have felt comfortable with a videographer following us around the day of the wedding, so we felt we could spend that extra bit of money on having the most stunning pictures possible – and Janelle and Terry definitely helped us achieve this. Their style was exactly in line with that I wanted –intimate, elegant, and real (no stiff posing & positioning here!). They captured so much of the emotion and excitement of the day. My now-husband and I live in London and got married in New York – which in itself created a stressful wedding planning situation. These women bent over backwards to fit us in for meetings and Skype sessions. They were a pleasure to work with, always reachable, and happy to help. You can feel the kindness, warmth, and patience they have for each and every one of their clients. They worked with us every step of the way and we came out with the most beautiful photos of the most memorable day. I cannot recommend using them enough, we are so happy with all of their work.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Christina T

I knew as soon as we spoke on the phone that Janelle would be the person we would trust to take photos of our most important day. Everyone else I had contacted had sent me an email package with little follow-up, so this phone call was very meaningful. When we spoke I could hear... Read More the genuine excitement she had for our upcoming wedding and she really worked with us to ensure that our vision was realized. Talking to her literally brought me to tears; I was so relieved to find her. Leading up to the wedding, Janelle made a major effort to get to know us as a couple, which made all the difference on our wedding day, because we weren't spending it with a stranger, we were spending it with a friend. The day of our walkthrough there was a lot of rain and snow and Janelle kept our appointment and even brought her camera! She got some beautiful shots of us and even edited them so the snow looked dreamy instead of messy. We were able to use them on our welcome table at our cocktail hour which was so awesome. The day of the wedding, the bridal suite was full of people and it was raining. It was a mad house. She came with umbrellas for the bridal party, a plan for an alternate location for photos, a huge smile, and a calm that was so genuinely appreciated. Somehow in the midst of all the chaos, she was able to capture the moments that really mattered to me. I will always be thankful to her for that. A wedding is an extremely long day, and I don't feel like you fully appreciate all of the hard work a photographer and their team put into the day until it's over and you realize they were there with you every single step of the way. Janelle and Teri captured all of the moments that passed by us too quickly, and we will always, always, smile back on these photos. I get choked up just thinking about it. Janelle and Terri went above the call of duty before, during, and after our wedding. They sent over a sneak peek of the day a week later, which was so awesome to receive while we were on our honeymoon and floating in our little bubble. I also was so excited to open the mail a few months later and receive a beautiful wooden box with our wedding photo on it, which contained a bunch of prints Janelle selected as well as a zip drive of the whole day. That box will be something I cherish forever. If you are looking for people who genuinely care, who want to hear your love story and what makes you special as a couple, and who take brilliant photos that your family will cherish for generations...look no further. These are the people who will make your day- and your memories- nothing short of magic. They are worth every single cent and more. We can't wait to start a family and have Janelle and Teri join us with their cameras on this next part of our journey. XOXO All our love Tina and Billy

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sarah P

Everyone should be lucky enough to have Janelle for their wedding. I was first introduced to Janelle's work when I was completely stunned by the artistry of my friends engagement photos. I am completely lacking the bridal gene and really did not enjoy nor want to plan a... Read More wedding. However, 4 years before I got engaged, I asked my friend to hold onto Janelle's info for me when I got married. I knew I had to have her. Her photos were the least staged (no forced faces or awkward stances here!) and most artistic (the colors and angles are mind blowing. My love for her, and really the entire JBP team is threefold: 1. Photography. Please see above. In case I have not gushed enough, people who dont even know me but friends of friends of friends have commented and reached out about my photos. I have made multiple recommendations to other brides, and all of those who took a meeting with her hired her (see why in numbers 2 and 3). Additionally, may I also mention, that my friend (who used her on my recommendation) forwent a veideographer to go with JBP. She was a little nervous. The other day her photos came back and she said, "Janelle literally captured every moment, emotion, and feeling. There was no need for a videographer, she really got it all." There is no doubt that her work is absolutely, utterly gorgeous. 2. Personality. Seriously, personalities do not come any better than those of the JBP team. They are extremely professional, but so are many companies here in the NYC area. Ok, these women are the most ridiculously lovely human beings on the planet. I called Janelle the “Xanax in my room” at the wedding. She held her own and felt comfortable directing people, but also was able to calm down anxious parents, bridal party members (and the bride and groom), all without batting an eyelash. And, if you look at the photos of their couples, they all look like they are having the best time ever, and that is because they are. We had the BEST time hanging out with this crew. I’m laughing, and smiling so hard it hurts in each picture. 3. Above and Beyond. Confession: even though I had my heart set on Janelle, I took meetings with other very large name photography companies. However, all of them were all business, you have me for 5 hours for this price, and 8 hours for this price, etc. Janelle looked at us and said, “I’m there with you, we want to be there and experience it all with you.” She meant it. They partied with us practically all weekend (we had them come for our Friday rehearsal too). Beyond that, without me even having to say anything Janelle and her team expertly created a timeline for the day of the wedding to ensure each photograph we wanted would be there. No other photographer does this, not to the level of attention and detail they do. Also, they coordinated with our other vendors to make sure the schedule worked for everyone. Seriously, they didn’t even need me involved it was all taken care of, and as an extremely busy (and lost) bride, it was such a gift. If you’re still reading this, I hope this serves as the personal recommendation you are searching for when choosing one of the most important aspects of your wedding. Seriously, you can take my word for it, this team will surpass every expectation.

Reviewed on 1/27/2018 Jessica S

It was such a joy working with Janelle, Terrie and the rest of the JBP team for our August 2017 wedding. I could not recommend them more highly! From our first meeting with Janelle, there was an instant connection-- she has a magnetic, warm personality, and you can rest... Read More assured that she and her company are all they represent themselves to be (and more!). On the administrative side, Janelle and JBP's office manager, Erica, were delightful and responsive throughout the planning process. On the day of, it felt like we had known Janelle and her business partner, Terrie, forever, and they truly went above and beyond to document our day. When our photo preview arrived, I literally cried with happiness, and I was positively over the moon once our full photo suite was available. From posed family photos to candid shots, I was blown away by how many beautiful moments that the JBP team caught on film. Janelle and Terrie captured our wedding day flawlessly, and we will truly treasure these images forever. If you're still looking for your wedding photographer, look no further. You've found them. :)

Reviewed on 1/15/2018

The absolute best! Janelle and her team are so talented and a dream to work with. From our proposal all the way to creating our wedding album, they were so responsive and all of our pictures are breathtaking. On our wedding day they kept us at ease and captured the best day of... Read More our lives perfectly! We could not be happier with their work and cannot wait to continue to use them as our family grows!

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Jacqueline O

I can’t say enough about the quality of service as well as the quality of work of the entire Janelle Brooke team!!! From start to finish, they are hands down the best choice we could have made! Terrie made us feel at ease from the minute we met and on a day that can be quite... Read More hectic, she made us feel so calm and it shows in all of our pictures. We’ve been married over a year and our family and friends still have our thank you card because they love the pictures so much. Truly a class act team that goes above and beyond to make your day and photos perfect!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lauren G

I am working with Terrie for my upcoming wedding and have had an amazing experience. She is so easy to work with, and is a sweet and relatable person who you want to spend time with, which makes the process so much more comfortable and easy going. We did our engagement shoot in... Read More NYC a few months ago and had a great day with her! She scouted locations in advance, was super organized and really captured who we are. The photos are just gorgeous! She was all for heading to a few different locations and helped us relax and loosen up a little as we got comfortable in front of the camera. It was a great way to practice for the big day! Terrie also shot my best friend's wedding and seeing her in action with the whole bridal party, I knew immediately that we would want to work with her too. My fiancé was so impressed with the pictures from my friend's wedding, and even more so once he got in front of the camera with her! The wedding planning process can be stressful and the whole team and Janelle Brooke has made sure it is as easy and seamless as possible. Erica has been a huge help, always sending payment reminders and super responsive over email. If you hire Janelle Brooke and you get the chance to work with Janelle or Terrie, you will get way more than just a photographer. They play an active role in the timeline of your special day and provide rich counsel from their many years in the business. I have bounced many ideas off of Terrie and she really goes above and beyond to make sure I'm comfortable with all the little details. I couldn't ask for a better partner as we prepare for our wedding day in just a few weeks!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Jenn L

Janelle Brooke and her associates were amazing from the moment we contacted them to capture our wedding through present day as we select photos for our albums. They are professional, compassionate, creative and intuitive. They weren't just our photographers, they became friends... Read More and we don't know what we would have done without their guidance though this entire process. From engagement photos to helping us time our day, to designing our Thank yous, they are a huge part of every step of our celebration. We are so happy we were able to work with them and look forward to having Janelle and gang capture future special moments in our lives.

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Colleen H

Janelle Brooke and her team were so many things to me throughout my wedding planning process and wedding day. They helped provide my day of timeline, tips for a successful day and were so patient in my very specific description of images I wanted. Best of all on my wedding day... Read More Janelle, Harrison, and Val were my family member gatherers, tree climbers, hand warmers providers, seamstresses, and a patient voice of reason. They let me take charge and explain ideas I had but also are so incredibly creative and inventive in the images they capture. Janelle and Harrison stayed with us for about 13 hours that day and there aren't any 2 people I would have preferred to have with me all day. They genuinely love what they do and it shows in all their interactions with us and our guests. I am forever grateful for all of their hard work and will never be able to thank them enough for all they did!!!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Lisa G

I cannot thank Janelle and her team enough. She makes every effort to get to truly know you as a couple and accommodate anything you want for your special day. We had a very big wedding party (21 people and 3 children) and she had a big task at keeping everything running... Read More smoothly. Janelle is very proffesional but also you feel as though your friend is photographing you. The guys had a blast with Terrie as well. They are a crazy bunch and she was able to get them all to focus. We can't wait to get our pictures back, as the few we have seen are amazing! Thanks again for making our day so special xoxo

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Brittany C

Janelle Brooke Photography is the best of the BEST! From the moment my husband and I met Janelle Brooke, we knew we were in good hands. The Janelle Brooke team is extremely professional, personal, and passionate about their work. I was blown away by their attention to detail and... Read More their patience (which was a major priority for me!) Janelle and Terrie were super upbeat, hysterical and the perfect duo to have on your special day. Janelle’s number one goal is to make you happy. Being an anxious bride, Janelle was able to calm me down within seconds. Through this whole crazy process, Janelle was not only my ‘wedding photographer’ but she also became a genuine and amazing friend. I would highly recommend JBP to make sure your day is perfectly captured and memorable as mine was.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Katie B

Janelle and her entire team at Janelle Brooke Photography far exceeded my expectations! They go above and beyond to meet every need, and take the most amazing photographs. My husband and I spent weeks trying to find a photographer, and what set Janelle and her team apart from... Read More everyone else was the love they have for their craft, their attention to detail, and most importantly, their genuine nature and ability to make someone who is very picky and doesn't consider themself photogenic, feel comfortable and at ease. Also, the homemade chocolate chip cookies they served during our first meeting didn't hurt ;). I can't say enough good things about this amazing team of professional photographers. My wedding wouldn't have been the same without them!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie I

I can't say enough positive things about Janelle and her team. I met Janelle and Terrie as a bridesmaid when they were shooting a friend's wedding. From the first day my husband and I met with Terrie when we were scouting photographers I felt good vibes. While we didn't do an... Read More engagement shoot, we did a couple of mini shoots with Janelle a few months prior to our wedding. My husband and I don't really like attention, but Janelle made it easy to feel comfortable in front of the camera. Janelle helped us choose sites for the pre-wedding shoots that fit our personalities well. During the planning process, I dealt with Erica in the office on a daily basis. She was always so nice and responded to emails in a very prompt manner. Janelle, Alex and Beth shot our wedding day, and we couldn't be happier with the way the preview photos turned out. (We haven't received the full set of photos yet.) They arrived on time, and we were able to stick to the schedule Janelle created for our day. We went off-site for the bride-and-groom pics, and we still had some extra time after family photos before the ceremony. A few minor things went wrong during the reception, and Janelle was there to listen when I needed to vent. We are so excited to receive the full set of photos. I'm so glad we chose JBP to shoot our special day, and I would have no hesitation recommending them to family and friends!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

After months of meeting with different photographers, we gratefully found Janelle Brooke Photography who matched our style completely! From the moment we met Terrie; we felt extremely confident that she would capture our style and ideas. Terrie's upbeat, positive outlook truly... Read More helped us to feel at ease throughout the entire wedding planning process. We are in love with all of our pictures and all the effects/ edits that were made to make our special day a forever beautiful memory. It was pleasure in working with Terrie, she is such a great photographer and now friend!! We can't wait to see the rest of our pictures and look forward to working together on our album! Thank you again Terrie, we love you! -Mr. & Mrs. Di Pasquale <3

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Cristina S

Janelle and her crew are amazing! From touching base with other vendors (DJ, make-up crew...) to make sure everyone is on the same page, to their professionalism and to the amazing shots they take! After seeing my pictures, I can't imagine using anyone else in the future!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lauren C

Janelle and her amazing JBP team were beyond incredible both leading up to our wedding and on our magical day. We couldn't have asked for a more creative photographer. Janelle and her team put all their efforts into making our engagement photos gorgeous as well as our wedding... Read More photos. The team was also supportive of our vision for our photos, and fully carried that through in our photos. I have to also say that JBP treated us like family, not clients. We were so comfortable with her shooting our photos, bringing out such beauty, while at the same time allowing us to be who we truly are in front of the camera. She made us feel at home! The passion that the JBP Team has for their work is so evident in our photos. They work tirelessly to edit photos to become PERFECTION! Not to mention, they are extremely accommodating and easy to work with. Janelle and the JBP Team took so much stress out of the wedding planning process for me. On the day of our wedding, they came with any necessity a bride could possibly need (sewing kit, fan for a hot summer evening, and even sparklers!) I would recommend the JBP team in a heartbeat to anyone getting married. There is no doubt that we chose the BEST photographer to capture the most perfect day of our lives. We will miss Janelle and the JBP Team so much now that the wedding is over, but we cannot wait to one day do a family shoot with her!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Liz D

Perfection! JBP truly goes above and beyond every step of the way, making you feel like family more than clients. Terrie was our lead photographer, and she did an incredible job. She did an incredible job shooting our engagement session, taking the time to find beautiful... Read More settings and light, coaching us on poses while allowing us to be our natural selves, and making us feel like old friends. We absolutely LOVED the finished product! Terrie truly has an amazing talent for bringing out the best in happy couples and creating beautiful images. In the months leading up to our wedding, she was always professional, responsive to our (many!) questions, and a lot of fun to work with, even spending an entire afternoon during the venue walk-through scouting additional photo spots at our getting-ready locations - that's dedication! Our wedding day itself was complete perfection, all thanks to Terrie, Cassandra, and Emily, who helped keep our timeline on track, unobtrusively documented our perfect day, and even provided an "Unplugged Wedding" sign. It was important to us to be able to take photos while having time to enjoy our own reception, and Terrie was instrumental in making that happen. Her photography style is so natural that we felt we had all the beautiful shots we wanted but still had the chance to eat and dance! Overall we had a spectacular experience with JBP, and I highly recommend Terrie - she really goes above and beyond!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Alicia H

Janelle, Terrie, Harrison, Erica and the whole JBP team are the best in the business. Not only will they produce the most absolutely gorgeous photos that will capture beautiful and real moments, but they also are phenomenal professionals and people who will make the whole... Read More experience unforgettable. Even when there's stress and chaos, Janelle and her team find a way to bring a sense of calmness and FUN to any situation. Their work isn't just photos; it's art. It's always so hard to pick my favorites because they are ALL my favorite! Janelle and her team know how to make you look your best while being completely natural and candid. I truly recommend JBP to anyone looking to have photos -- whether they are wedding, engagement, newborns, family portraits etc. -- that will wildly surpass your expectations and make those special moments last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Stacy W

Terrie Alfieri of JBP was the absolute best choice for us! Being a photographer myself, I searched for one that wowed me, that blew me away and that I really admired. JBP are all those things and so much more. The detail that they provide to their brides and grooms is unmatched... Read More in this industry. They are the best of the best! Terrie Alfieri and her team made my wedding day calm, fun and so super spectacular! The images are beyond gorgeous and I will treasure them always.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Katelyn P

The JBP team has been amazing to work with! Terrie, Alex & Beth made our wedding day photos fun and flawless! They worked so well with our DJ and videographer too! So worth it! We can't wait to see the finished products :) JBP is the best!!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Jeanne Ann T

Harrison was the 2nd shooter at our wedding and he was fantastic!! He spent the morning with my husband and his groomsmen, first. The shots he captured were the most beautiful and genuine moments. My husband and I believe that Terrie is THE best of the best, and after working... Read More with Harrison, we realized that his talent and love for photography is right up there with hers. The photos he took made us feel like we didn't miss a beat of the day. He was such a pleasure to deal with and we recommend him to anyone booking with JBP!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Francesca V

We were recently engaged in August of 2015 out in Montauk, NY. We both didn’t really know what to expect (Francesca didn’t even expect the proposal!) but we had such an amazing experience working with Harrison from Janelle Brooke Photography. He called Fran before the proposal... Read More to get to know him and asked about how he was going to ask, what kind of group of family and friends we had, locations, etc. He really went above and beyond to make sure he did his best to capture our night the way we wanted it. And it was perfect. Not only did he capture the surprise proposal, but also the second surprise of having all of our family and friends there to share in the special moment. He got a long with everyone wonderfully and felt like a part of the crew! We would highly recommend him to photograph anyone’s special event and hope that he will be a part of our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Most talented and creative photographers. My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Terrie. From beginning to end, she went above and beyond to make sure our wedding and engagement photos came to fruition. JBP exceeded our expectations by far!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Janelle & Team: We can not begin to thank you enough for an amazing experience. Your entire staff was incredible and so friendly, and we can’t wait to see the rest of the wedding photos. We knew immediately when we first met you that you understood our vision, style, and... Read More personalities. The engagement photos at sunrise on the Brooklyn bridge were so much fun and our wedding day was perfect! Thank you!!! Your staff was professional, always on-time, flexible, and personable. After the wedding we had so many friends and family ask for your information as they were also impressed with your work and style, and fantastic personalities. We look forward to continuing to use you and your team in the future! Thanks again! - Lisa & David

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Angela R

I found JBP's business card at the Suffolk Community College art and photography show in 2012 with some of Janelle and Terri's photography on display. I knew then and there that I wanted JBP at my wedding. Upon meeting the JBP team, my (now wife) and I fell in love! Their work?... Read More Flawless. Their personalities? So sweet and caring. Professional? Absolutely. Meeting Janelle and her team was like meeting old college friends and catching up on good times. Janelle knew how to read us immediately and completely took the lead. Our engagement photos were outstanding. I, being a plus-sized and heavily tattooed bride, can be quite difficult to put against certain backgrounds....mostly because I'm so colorful (lol)....and Janelle handled it amazingly. I couldn't believe how well she captured me and my (very large) personality. My (now wife), on the other hand, is extremely shy. Somehow, Janelle was able to get her out of her shell and grabbed some of the most truly genuine and intimate moments between us. The wedding pictures were no less amazing....in fact, they were better! You could feel every moment as if it were happening before your eyes. Every minute of love, every emotion, every loud laugh...right there. I was re-living our entire day. You know, I never believed anyone when they said that the day goes by in an instant...but I assure you, it does. And the only chance you have to preserve that day is with your media (photo and video). It's important to chose a photographer who is professional, compassionate, easy to get along with, artistic and has an amazing eye....JBP is that person. This is the one area of your wedding where the money matters! Scrimp on favors...people will forget about them...but your photographs are an INVESTMENT and should be treated that way. JBP is a worthy investment. Janelle et. al..... Angel and I look so incredibly forward to bringing you all along with us on the next step of our journey!!! Can't wait to be able to call you with news of baby bump photos!!!!!!! Xoxo We adore you guys!!!!!!!