Janelle Brooke Photography Inc

Serving the Tristate Area

Simple. Candid. Artistic. Fun. Elegant.

Janelle's artistic photographs and fresh perspectives push the envelope of wedding photography. JBP is not a factory, but rather a one of a kind boutique. Janelle and the JBP team are with you from start to finish, assuring that your experience throughout is smooth, fun and enjoyable.

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Northport, NY
Serving the Tristate Area

The Most Wonderful Wedding Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Diana A

Janelle Brooke Photography was hands down our favourite vendor from our wedding. They had photographed the weddings of 2 acquaintances over the last few years and I knew from seeing those pictures I needed to have them at my wedding! From the first day that we contacted them,... Read More Terrie and Janelle were extremely hands on and so warm towards us. As a bride I knew I wouldn’t have felt comfortable with a videographer following us around the day of the wedding, so we felt we could spend that extra bit of money on having the most stunning pictures possible – and Janelle and Terry definitely helped us achieve this. Their style was exactly in line with that I wanted –intimate, elegant, and real (no stiff posing & positioning here!). They captured so much of the emotion and excitement of the day. My now-husband and I live in London and got married in New York – which in itself created a stressful wedding planning situation. These women bent over backwards to fit us in for meetings and Skype sessions. They were a pleasure to work with, always reachable, and happy to help. You can feel the kindness, warmth, and patience they have for each and every one of their clients. They worked with us every step of the way and we came out with the most beautiful photos of the most memorable day. I cannot recommend using them enough, we are so happy with all of their work.

Amazing and worth every penny

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Becky W

Janelle & team are the best in the business. We were hesitant on spending that much on a photographer for our wedding. We are so glad we did. They are extremely talented, make your day all about you and sit down and walk you through every step of the process. Not to mention how... Read More absolutely amazing the results are. Our pictures are amazing! Thank you so much Janelle! Sincerely, Bobby & Becky

Love captured through a picture

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Lindsay O

I found Janelle while researching photographers on theknot.com and really liked her style. Once my now husband and I met with her, she completely understood what I was looking for and I feel in love with her vision. She was able to show me examples and capture the most beautiful... Read More and different photos. For such an overwhelming time, Janelle and Terri and the team simplified the process to make it work for me and my budget. We used Janelle for our engagement photos, wedding photos and photo booth. She took the most incredible photos that will forever let me remember the most amazing day of my life. Janelle and Terri made my husband feel comfortable in front of the camera which is a task in itself! In the end, Janelle and her team captured everything I could have wished for and more. She made it an easy, simple, creative and wonderful experience in all the stress of a wedding. I don't often recommend vendors or people because everyone has different tastes, but this is my exception! We loved every second of working with Janelle!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Most talented and creative photographers. My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Terrie. From beginning to end, she went above and beyond to make sure our wedding and engagement photos came to fruition. JBP exceeded our expectations by far!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Janelle & Team: We can not begin to thank you enough for an amazing experience. Your entire staff was incredible and so friendly, and we can’t wait to see the rest of the wedding photos. We knew immediately when we first met you that you understood our vision, style, and... Read More personalities. The engagement photos at sunrise on the Brooklyn bridge were so much fun and our wedding day was perfect! Thank you!!! Your staff was professional, always on-time, flexible, and personable. After the wedding we had so many friends and family ask for your information as they were also impressed with your work and style, and fantastic personalities. We look forward to continuing to use you and your team in the future! Thanks again! - Lisa & David

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Angela R

I found JBP's business card at the Suffolk Community College art and photography show in 2012 with some of Janelle and Terri's photography on display. I knew then and there that I wanted JBP at my wedding. Upon meeting the JBP team, my (now wife) and I fell in love! Their work?... Read More Flawless. Their personalities? So sweet and caring. Professional? Absolutely. Meeting Janelle and her team was like meeting old college friends and catching up on good times. Janelle knew how to read us immediately and completely took the lead. Our engagement photos were outstanding. I, being a plus-sized and heavily tattooed bride, can be quite difficult to put against certain backgrounds....mostly because I'm so colorful (lol)....and Janelle handled it amazingly. I couldn't believe how well she captured me and my (very large) personality. My (now wife), on the other hand, is extremely shy. Somehow, Janelle was able to get her out of her shell and grabbed some of the most truly genuine and intimate moments between us. The wedding pictures were no less amazing....in fact, they were better! You could feel every moment as if it were happening before your eyes. Every minute of love, every emotion, every loud laugh...right there. I was re-living our entire day. You know, I never believed anyone when they said that the day goes by in an instant...but I assure you, it does. And the only chance you have to preserve that day is with your media (photo and video). It's important to chose a photographer who is professional, compassionate, easy to get along with, artistic and has an amazing eye....JBP is that person. This is the one area of your wedding where the money matters! Scrimp on favors...people will forget about them...but your photographs are an INVESTMENT and should be treated that way. JBP is a worthy investment. Janelle et. al..... Angel and I look so incredibly forward to bringing you all along with us on the next step of our journey!!! Can't wait to be able to call you with news of baby bump photos!!!!!!! Xoxo We adore you guys!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Deidre M

Janelle, Terrie and everyone on the JBP team were (and still are!) amazing! From the moment we first met via Skype it was a perfect match! Everyone was so kind and made you feel so comfortable! Janelle and Terrie make their job look effortless and the end results are just... Read More amazing! They came to the table with great ideas and they were open to any ideas suggested. We miss them so much now that are wedding is over! We can't wait to work with them again for a family shoot! We highly recommend their amazing talent and services!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

I fell in love with Janelle Brooke Photography years ago, after she and her team photographed a friends wedding. One of the first things Janelle told me when I met with her, is that what she stands for is not only beautiful photographs, but the whole experience. And wow, was she... Read More correct! Even my then fiance (who is a typical man and not detail oriented) looked at me after our first time meeting with her and said, "we have to have her." For so many other photographers, you are just another wedding/event on their calendar. For Janelle and her team, even if you are wedding number 20,001 - you would never know it. The time, care, and detail taken is beyond measure. Janelle and her team always made themselves available and answered all of my million questions. I have heard so many stories of brides worrying about the schedule of their day and hating their pictures. Janelle took all of that stress away, and I knew I had nothing to worry about (how many people can say that about their wedding day!?) She and her amazing team took care of everything, and I will be forever grateful to have found her and be a part of the JBP family (and now they are a part of ours). My wedding pictures are absolutely incredible (and no, no one else could have captured what they did). When I look back at my engagement and wedding photos, not only do I absolutely love them, but I can also see the love and care that they were taken with. Janelle was it for us for our wedding day and we know is our photographer for all of our next life events! We can't thank everyone enough!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Janelle, Terrie and team were an absolute dream to have in capturing the most beautiful moments during our engagement shoot and our big day. They were attentive to our personal style, made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and felt like true friends by the end of... Read More our wedding planning journey. They also helped us to design our very own save the dates using our engagement shoot photos - this 1-1 session was complete with freshly baked cookies! We got compliments on the save the dates for months and months. Thank you for everything, JBP!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Alyssa M

Janelle and her team are absolutely incredible! I knew from the moment I saw her work that I needed her to be my wedding photographer. She was such a joy to work with. Even my husband, who wasn't particularly excited about all the pictures, from anticipating awkward poses to... Read More cheesy smiles, had such a blast! Janelle is so down to earth and can make anybody feel comfortable, and makes photography so much fun. Her and her staff are always professional, punctual, and it was so reassuring to not have to worry about the photography aspect of my wedding day. My husband and I, and my family, are so impressed with how our pictures came out. Now that my husband and I are expecting our first baby, we only wish we lived closer to her to do our maternity and baby photos! Anybody considering Janelle for their wedding photography....DO IT!!! You will NOT regret it!! Your big day goes so so fast, and the pictures are what creates memories for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Donna D

Janelle Brooke Photography was by far one of our best investments for our wedding! They did an absolutely stunning job for both our engagement pictures and wedding. Our pictures captured every detail and were unique, artistic and gorgeous! Janelle and Terry not only took amazing... Read More pictures, they helped coordinate the entire day, alleviating a ton of my stress! I feel so fortunate that we found Janelle Brooke Photography and now will always have these pictures to remember our special day.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

The day I tried to set an appointment with what I thought was going to be the photographer of my dreams wound up being booked for the day of my wedding and Im so glad they were. I was referred to JBP from this company and what an honor it is to be recognized for your talent from... Read More your competitors. I had to give this team a call and at least see what made them so special. When I met Janelle, it certainly helped that she had great visuals to display her style, but her personality is what really sealed the deal. In just one meeting, I felt like I've known her for years and would have such an honest, comfortable, and incredible wedding experience with her on my team. Terrie, part of the dynamic duo, was awesome as well, working her magic to create our wedding web site and gorgeous save the dates. We loved that JBP conducted a prewedding walkthrough for the best photo sites and works in doubles on the wedding day to ensure that all angles of our special day were captured. As we were looking for wedding vendors, the most important thing to us was that we had someone that would truly listen to what we wanted and do their best to create that experience. Janelle and Terrie captured the moments that will remind us of what an amazing day and night 6/20/15 was and will continue to do so for years to come. Thanks for the memories JBP!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Christina S

Words can not express how happy we are in choosing JBP for our wedding. From day 1 Janelle & team have been amazing and we are so happy with our wedding photos. Planning my wedding from afar was so stress-less thanks to JBP. They were always happy to answer any questions and... Read More discuss anything and everything. Highly recommended!! JBP team are all amazing and so nice!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Nicole W

I have been in contact with Janelle since October of 2011 (Happy 4th Anniversary!!). She helped me through planning my first wedding, which happened to not happen. I was so afraid to call my vendor 5 months before my wedding to tell her that I had a change of heart. Apparently,... Read More I didn't know Janelle as well as I thought. Janelle not only helped me through a rough time as my wedding photographer, but as a friend. When I got engaged to a different man in 2014, I knew -- I had to have Janelle. Because since 2011 she became a FRIEND, not just a vendor. I was thrilled to see Janelle at the New York Botanical Garden for our walk-through -- even though she was ready to POP with her next beautiful child. She made sure that all of my needs were taken care of and I felt like I had an entourage of photographers and FRIENDS. Thank you Janelle, Terrie and Cassandra for making my day fabulous! Can't wait to see my final pictures and to be celebrating the holidays with you guys as I pick our my wedding album! xoxox A Janelle Brooke Photography lover to the end, Nicole (Russo) Weingartner

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Meagan C

I would highly recommend Janelle Brook Photography. Janelle really has an eye for photography, is a sweet person and so professional. She really takes her time during the engagement session and the walk through to get you comfortable and to ensure she finds the best places... Read More possible for photos. I felt so safe and comfortable while getting ready with her and her team. I was so anxious to see Tom and a bit nervous but she was so good about it and really calmed my nerves. Everything was so nicely planned and really went smoothly. I loved how prepared her team was for any emergencies that we had such as if I had a grass stain or anything like that. I felt that both Janelle and Harrison really captured our night and as I have been seeing my pictures, they have been more and more amazing. We also had Erica doing the photo booth which was so beautiful. The pictures came out so classy and unique and was something great to go home with right away. The night goes by so fast and you aren’t able to capture every moment and the photo booth captures great moments. I highly recommend Janelle and will be telling any friends that are getting married to go with her team.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Teresa O

Words can not even describe my our experience we had with Janelle Brooke Photography inc and her team. They were wonderful to work with and absolutely amazing. From the time of our first meeting to the wedding day they were there every step of the way with answers to any... Read More questions or concerns that we had. Not only did I have them as photographers we also dod the photo booth through them which was a huge hit. We are beyond excited and can not wait to see our wedding day photos. Amazing photographer and she she has an absolutely amazing team, you will not be disappointed. Love love love!!!!

Boudoir Shoot

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Jeanine A

I was so scared to do this but my fiance really wanted me to do the shoot - I ended up doing it more for myself than anything about two weeks before the wedding. Janelle was great at making me comfortable and assuring me the pictures were beautiful, and they were. She was... Read More nice enough to have a mini accordion booklet printed (within a very tight turnaround) to have ready by my wedding morning to give to my future husband as a gift. He received it that morning in private as she promised and he LOVES the pictures. I love them too! Even though this is of course a private shoot, the photos are so classy and beautiful I didn't mind showing a few of my friends who asked about them. A++++

Classic, Timeless, Stunning Photos to Last a Lifetime!

Reviewed on 3/18/2015

I'm a wedding planner here on Long Island and when it came time to plan my own wedding I knew that the only person who I wanted to capture life's most monumental day was Janelle Brook and her Team. I had worked with JBP for years and have always recommended them to my clients.... Read More Their work is simply beautiful and timeless. They capture moments in the most stunning light and I can promise you will not be disappointed in making this investment. They are constantly going above and beyond what they have to do for clients, putting countless hours and detail into producing a unparalleled product. They love for their craft is noticeable in every photo they take. They offer a full service products that includes, save the dates, website design, custom made thank you's, holiday cards and of course all of your photos needs. JBP will be your photographer for a lifetime. Investing in your wedding photographer is investing in your family memories for years to come.

The Absolute Best

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Dayna B

We had a wonderful experience leading up to our wedding shoot. The team met and exceeded our expectations on our big day. Despite the rainy weather we were able to take amazing pictures that both of us will remember for the rest of our lives!

Amazing. Period.

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Amanda B

Janelle Brooke Photography has been with us since my now husband hired Terrie for a surprise "Proposal Shoot" in Central Park! Since then, Janelle and Terrie have shot our engagement shoot and our wedding. They even did our photo booth and I have to say all our guests loved... Read More their photos. As for us, these girls are truly amazing. They are professional, thoughtful, artistic and SO MUCH MORE! Their creative eye and quality of service can not be matched. I would also recommend to do an engagement shoot, not only to have more awesome photos but to also get to know your photographer and their style of shooting. We will recommend them highly, always!!!!

Best Photographer Ever!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Justine O

I fell in love with Janelle's work two years ago when she shot my friend's wedding. I had to have her shoot mine, and luckily we were able to book her. Out of all the vendors we had for our wedding, she was the nicest and sweetest to work with. Her company answers emails and... Read More phone calls promptly, and she and Terrie were almost like wedding planners on our wedding day! They drove all the way up to Poughkeepsie from Long Island and did not charge us extra. She also stayed for the entire wedding! They are so professional and know exactly what they are doing. We were amazed by our photo's and I still can't stop staring at them. We are so grateful to have worked with she and Terrie!

JBP Team Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Kristen N

I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about Janelle and her team. I truly believe her photos speak for themselves but its really the support, advice and guidance that Janelle and her team provided that I do not think is highlighted enough. Janelle helped every step of... Read More the way from picking a photo style I like to suggesting locations. I spoke numerous times with Janelle about endless wedding items not only photos. The greatest thing I can say about Janelle and team is that they turned my husband into a believer. I cannot tell you how much my husband dislikes taking photos. Our engagement session with Janelle warmed him up to the idea that there would soon be a longer day with even more photos, video and chaos happening. However, as we sat on the balcony on our honeymoon in Costa Rica two days after our wedding, my husband turns and says "I would definitely recommend Janelle and her team to our friends. She knows what shots she needs to get and is not intrusive. Also, Terrie was awesome and all my groomsmen loved." Honestly, I don't think there will be a more difficult critic than my husband and he was more than please.

So happy with my photography choice!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Chrissy S

My husband and I knew we wanted to splurge on photography and I'm so glad we did. At the end of the day, the photos and memories are all that are left, and we knew we wanted amazing photos to remember everything by. Living out of state, we also needed to find somebody that... Read More would be easy to work with from so far away. We spoke with so many different photographers and Janelle was clearly the best choice. I was instantly comfortable with her as soon as I met her. She's one of the the only wedding related decisions I didn't second guess! From the day we booked her, I knew we didn't have to worry about anything and that the pictures would be beautiful. At our first meeting, Janelle made it evident that she would do what she needed to do to make us happy- and she absolutely did. We were completely blown away by our photos, and a year later I can't stop looking at them! I'm currently in the final stages of creating our album with the album editor, Kim. She is just as amazing as Janelle and has absolutely gone above and beyond for us. It was almost impossible for me to narrow down 1,100 amazing photos to 100, and I have constantly been making changes. Kim has been so wonderful to work with and I know that once we receive our album, it will be perfect. I recommend Janelle and her team a thousand times over. They will not disappoint!

Wonderful company ran be people who truly love what they do!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Alyssa L

Janelle Brooks Photography did my wedding in October 2013. They did an AMAZING job and I could not have been happier with results. Terri was my photographer and she was awesome. She worked so hard to make sure my day was special. I would recommend JB to anyone. :)

Absolute MUST have...

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 KELLY S

I had the honor and privilege to be JBP's first destination wedding! I had heard about and seen Janelle Brooke in action at a friends wedding on Long Island, which was absolutely to die for... but never did I think I could have her since we decided on a destination wedding. I'm... Read More glad we asked anyway! For those of you that decide on the Caribbean you will most likely get sold the island photographer with your package. It will be VERY tempting given the cost differential. But the one constant with all the feedback I got from other brides who chose a destination was how disappointed they were with a local photographer. So I took their advice and lucky me JPB was actually free that weekend and willing to travel with us. We took the plunge :) Janelle and Terri define professionalism, talent and creativity. I had no idea what an asset she was going to be to the entire weekend. If you decide on the islands you will come to find out it doesn't come without its challenges.(many of them, but all worth it!) Janelle and Terri made it bearable, took total control of the schedule and a few details and it worked out perfectly. They were so much more on my page! I was able to enjoy my day knowing they were on it. Given this was going to be a location they had never been to or can just "swing by" one day they actually came a few days before the wedding to scope out shoot locations for our "first look" and monitor the sun activity around the hotel for our big day. I would have never thought of these things! Neither did our wedding coordinator who lives there since we ended up changing quite a few things on the schedule based on Janelle's recommendation.(major difference in photos) It was fantastic, we did it all.. welcome reception, wedding day and day after session. Since we were all on the island, why not! She was worth every penny and the photographs we have tell our entire weekend story with family and friends. I don't think I truly understood what they would bring to that weekend and I am so glad friends steered me their way. At the end of the day, you have your memories and your photos! We can relive that entire weekend through their pictures and it still brings tears every time. They do it better then anyone.