Where Taste is Never Compromised - 3 Reasons

1) Cake- JCakes begins with a freshly baked, moist cake 2) FIilling- The cake is then filled with homemade, hand whipped fillings (nothing comes pre-made from a tub). 3) Frosting- Finally frosted with your choice of flavored French buttercreams or rich chocolate ganache.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Stands, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

5 Foxon Road, STE 3, North Branford, CT (203) 488-2800

My Wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Corey M

J Cakes did a fabulous job in mimicking exactly what I wanted. My elegant cake was designed to match the buttons on my wedding dress and include green apples surrounding the bottom of the cake with fresh flowers on top. It was not only gorgeous but delicious. Thank you, thank... Read More you! We are looking forward to our one year anniversary so we can enjoy our wedding cake all over again.

Delicious Pumpkin Cake

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Amanda H

We wanted our cake to be delicious...and after tasting cakes from other vendors, JCakes pumpkin cake was the most moist and flavorful! They made us a special cake for our tasting, since we were tasting pumpkin cake during the springtime. They created a cinnamon butter cream... Read More and amaretto icing which made this cake the most delicious cake I have ever tasted!! It was easy to work with them...and we were planning from a distance, so we had a limited window to visit for our tasting. The final result was beautiful and perfect.

Anchors away with strawberry chocolate dreams!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Jennifer A

I am so pleased with Jcakes for our wedding! We chose their golden cake with mixed berry filling and butter cream frosting with chocolate covered strawberries, which were to die for!!! The service was pleasant and they made the tasting experience memorable. I did not see my cake... Read More until we had to cut into it and it was beyond what i expected. I would definitely be using jcakes again for any special occasion!. Thanks so much !

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Michelle B

JCakes is the best! We visited them to choose our flavors and discuss what kind of design we were looking for. We couldn't choose between two flavor combinations, so they were kind enough to figure out a way to let us have both! They figured out a way to work within our budget... Read More - baking us a beautiful tiered cake in addition to a sheet cake, to ensure we had enough to feed all our guests. So many of our guests complimented us on the cake, and it was delicious (I made it a point to eat a slice during my reception)! They also made us the most adorable and yummy sugar cookies that we gave out as favors. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Jennifer N

The best of the best! Our cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted even better. Hope and her team are they best in the business and we will never order a cake from anywhere else!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Lauren M

Beautiful cake, created our vision exactly how we had wanted. Delicious and got tons of compliments.

2017-11-12T08:21:32 Response from the vendor

Great Feedback, thank you so much for taking the time to review!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Paiten M

My husband and I got married at Bill Miller's Castle in Branford, and when we had first gone to see the venue, there was a book that we looked at from JCakes. It was filled with some of the most beautiful cakes I had ever seen! We had also gone to a bridal expo at the venue, and... Read More had tasted the cake shooters from the JCakes booth, and they were absolutely amazing. I knew then that I wanted to go with JCakes! When meeting with Hope for the first time, it was a little awkward because she had to keep stepping away from us to help customers walking into the shop to buy cupcakes. But once we got down to discussing our design and cake flavors, I could tell she became inspired with our ideas, which made us super excited! The day of the wedding when I finally saw my husband, one of the first things he said to me was, "Oh my god, did you see the cake?!" I was absolutely blown away when I finally saw it!! Hope and her team created the most beautiful birdcage themed cake for us that was straight out of my Pinterest dreams! We also got so many compliments from our guests about how moist and delicious the cake tasted. One of my pet peeves as a guest at a wedding, is dry and tasteless boring weddings cakes. My wedding cake was both beautiful and delicious! I could not thank Hope and JCakes enough for all the time and work they put into creating the wedding cake of my dreams! They absolutely outdid themselves!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Ali H

I had JCakes make a surprise Groom's cake for my wedding on 9/30/17. They did an outstanding job and made exactly what I wanted! Even the venue was impressed with the amount of detail that they had on the cake! My husband was so surprised and was blown away by the quality of the... Read More cake. And not only did it look stunning but it tasted just as good as it looked! They were so easy to work with and made this such an easy thing to do! They even duplicated my husbands racing helmet down to the go-pro mount he has on it from the pictures I sent them! How awesome! Highly recommend!

2017-10-23T19:12:46 Response from the vendor

Yay, I'm so happy it was all a success!! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Lauren B

JCakes was amazing to work with! We were blown away by the taste and aesthetics of their cakes at the tasting. Everyone we worked with was incredibly professional. JCakes was able to take my Pinterest ideas and bring them to life with textured buttercream. Their prices are... Read More reasonable, delivery and set up was flawless, the design was everything we wanted, and the cake tasted amazing! If we need a cake in the future, we will be sure to return to JCakes!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Sarah L

JCakes came as part of our reception package-and we had a great experience! The cake was delicious and they have so many options for flavors and designs. They also made an amazing groom's cake so my husband could enjoy his favorite carrot cake, and they made gluten free cupcakes... Read More for a handful of our guests. We got so many comments on how delicious the cake was and the team at JCakes were always super friendly and easy to work with. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Arianna P

JCakes made an amazing cake for our September 1st wedding. We had an idea of what we wanted, but we were not positive. They showed us many ideas of past cakes and let us taste many flavors. We fell in love with the taste of their cakes and so did our guests. We look forward to... Read More buying more cakes from them in the future!

2017-09-18T17:22:14 Response from the vendor

What fabulous news! We look forward to working with you in the future!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Jacqueline Renee C

They were great and accommodating to my last minute changes. The cake was awesome!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Shannon N

My Husband and I are so delighted with JCakes! Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious. Can't wait until our 1 year anniversary so we can eat the top tier :) Thank you JCakes

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Courtney B

J Cakes did my wedding cake, it was delivered on time, exactly what we agreed upon, and was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! I received so many compliments on the cake from all of our guests! Our cake was the yellow cake with mixed berry filling, I would highly recommend! However, all of... Read More the flavors were great and the staff was amazing during the tasting (even allowing us to take some home to decide later).

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kelly G

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with JCakes! We met with them to discuss our wedding vision, which included cupcakes, a small cake to cut, and small sunflowers on the cupcakes. They didn't bat an eye at any of our requests, and made us feel so confident that... Read More everything would go perfectly. Their prices are incredibly fair, their products are delicious, and their service is utterly professional. I knew that I would not see the cake until the big day, but I wasn't worried at all! JCakes handled the delivery and setup of everything, and it was absolutely beautiful! Our guests loved the cupcakes, and Joe and I can't wait to eat our frozen piece a year from now. Thank you for everything--we hope to visit the shop again soon for a cupcake fix!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Lindsay E

Beautiful wedding cake for the day of. Our cake was included in our venue package but JCakes made our vision come to life beautifully!

2017-08-01T16:32:49 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad the cake was a success!! Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Ashley U

Amazing!!! We sent over a design for our cake and it was re-created perfectly. We wanted a 80s/90s design a la the intro to Saved By the Bell. I was so impressed with how amazing it looked and how easy they were to work with. We were planning our wedding from 3,000 miles away... Read More and they made it seem like it was down the street. Beautiful cake and tasted great too! Would definitely recommend and use again!!

2017-07-18T09:59:18 Response from the vendor

Yes!!! We loved this cake! So thrilled it was a hit and you were happy with it!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Caitlin M

JCakes provided a two-tier cake for our wedding at the Pavilion on Crystal Lake (we did an assortment of desserts). Our chocolate cake with mocha filling and buttercream frosting was phenomenal! I can't wait to eat it again for our first anniversary (if we can wait that long!)

2017-07-17T13:31:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Danielle L

JCakes did cupcakes for my wedding June 17,2017. Fabulous job setting up the display and the cupcakes were delicious! I was very pleased.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Regina S

We were married May 27, 2017. Our appointment for picking out our wedding cake was easy and the finished product turned out beautiful and delicious!

2017-06-28T17:47:23 Response from the vendor

So happy that you were happy with our product. Thank you so much for writing!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Sara S

Our venue recommended Jcakes, and we were so happy they did! Their cake was delicious and absolutely stunning! They did a great job of making the cake look exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Tara F

Hope (and her assistant Katie) was incredibly easy to work with and everything turned out exactly as we wanted. We customized two different flavors at our tasting/consultation, one for our layered wedding cake and a second for a sheet cake, as we were trying to cut costs a bit.... Read More Our tiered cake was simple but gorgeous, with flowers Hope provided that matched my bouquet perfectly. We didn't like the cake stand provided by our venue and J Cakes had a few different options available to rent - one of them being exactly what we were looking for. Most importantly, both cake flavors were DELICIOUS with rave reviews from all our guests. I have never had a wedding cake that was so tasty and moist. So happy we went with JCakes! I'm now looking for an excuse to order from Hope again.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Tara T

Extremely disappointed. We messaged them specifically because they mentioned on their site that they could accommodate with gluten free cake. When we got to the tasting, no gluten free cake was made for us to taste. Hope said "we didn't write down you needed gluten free cake.... Read More Sorry." Not sure what they needed written down, since it was in the message I sent to them, and they confirmed in their message back that they'd have gluten free cake for us to try. They apologized, and didn't charge us for the tasting, but we were surprised they made no effort to keep us as clients or to reschedule for another day. They seemed completely uninterested in making our wedding cake, so in the end, I guess we're better off.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Danielle K

We did a cupcake tower and a mini cake topper for us to cut for our wedding. The flavors and fillings were delicious and lucky for us, there were a couple extra at the end of the night so we got to take some home to continue enjoying. Picking the flavor combinations was the... Read More easiest (and best) part of the entire wedding process.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kelly M

JCakes made the wedding cake for my wedding at Lake of Isles. They did a fantastic job and everyone I spoke with loved it. The icing on the cake (!): They were very easy to talk to and work with from the tasting to the delivery.