Where Taste is Never Compromised - 3 Reasons

1) Cake- JCakes begins with a freshly baked, moist cake 2) FIilling- The cake is then filled with homemade, hand whipped fillings (nothing comes pre-made from a tub). 3) Frosting- Finally frosted with your choice of flavored French buttercreams or rich chocolate ganache.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Stands, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

5 Foxon Road, STE 3, North Branford, CT (203) 488-2800

My Wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Corey M

J Cakes did a fabulous job in mimicking exactly what I wanted. My elegant cake was designed to match the buttons on my wedding dress and include green apples surrounding the bottom of the cake with fresh flowers on top. It was not only gorgeous but delicious. Thank you, thank... Read More you! We are looking forward to our one year anniversary so we can enjoy our wedding cake all over again.

Delicious Pumpkin Cake

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Amanda H

We wanted our cake to be delicious...and after tasting cakes from other vendors, JCakes pumpkin cake was the most moist and flavorful! They made us a special cake for our tasting, since we were tasting pumpkin cake during the springtime. They created a cinnamon butter cream... Read More and amaretto icing which made this cake the most delicious cake I have ever tasted!! It was easy to work with them...and we were planning from a distance, so we had a limited window to visit for our tasting. The final result was beautiful and perfect.

Anchors away with strawberry chocolate dreams!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Jennifer A

I am so pleased with Jcakes for our wedding! We chose their golden cake with mixed berry filling and butter cream frosting with chocolate covered strawberries, which were to die for!!! The service was pleasant and they made the tasting experience memorable. I did not see my cake... Read More until we had to cut into it and it was beyond what i expected. I would definitely be using jcakes again for any special occasion!. Thanks so much !

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Sara S

Our venue recommended Jcakes, and we were so happy they did! Their cake was delicious and absolutely stunning! They did a great job of making the cake look exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Tara F

Hope (and her assistant Katie) was incredibly easy to work with and everything turned out exactly as we wanted. We customized two different flavors at our tasting/consultation, one for our layered wedding cake and a second for a sheet cake, as we were trying to cut costs a bit.... Read More Our tiered cake was simple but gorgeous, with flowers Hope provided that matched my bouquet perfectly. We didn't like the cake stand provided by our venue and J Cakes had a few different options available to rent - one of them being exactly what we were looking for. Most importantly, both cake flavors were DELICIOUS with rave reviews from all our guests. I have never had a wedding cake that was so tasty and moist. So happy we went with JCakes! I'm now looking for an excuse to order from Hope again.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Tara T

Extremely disappointed. We messaged them specifically because they mentioned on their site that they could accommodate with gluten free cake. When we got to the tasting, no gluten free cake was made for us to taste. Hope said "we didn't write down you needed gluten free cake.... Read More Sorry." Not sure what they needed written down, since it was in the message I sent to them, and they confirmed in their message back that they'd have gluten free cake for us to try. They apologized, and didn't charge us for the tasting, but we were surprised they made no effort to keep us as clients or to reschedule for another day. They seemed completely uninterested in making our wedding cake, so in the end, I guess we're better off.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Danielle K

We did a cupcake tower and a mini cake topper for us to cut for our wedding. The flavors and fillings were delicious and lucky for us, there were a couple extra at the end of the night so we got to take some home to continue enjoying. Picking the flavor combinations was the... Read More easiest (and best) part of the entire wedding process.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kelly M

JCakes made the wedding cake for my wedding at Lake of Isles. They did a fantastic job and everyone I spoke with loved it. The icing on the cake (!): They were very easy to talk to and work with from the tasting to the delivery.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Britt A

J Cakes is a preferred vendor for the venue we had our wedding at (Lake of Isles). We first met them at the January bridal fair at the venue and loved that they had a cupcake display with cake shooters!! We worked with them to come up with our own version of cake shooters for... Read More our wedding! The cake was delicious and the shooter tower was beautiful. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jamie R

JCakes were not only easy to work with but their cake was outstanding. We had so many options to chose from and ultimately went with the golden cake with strawberry filling. I had a vision of a 4 layered naked cake with flowers that matched my bouquet sprinkled throughout and it... Read More was absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Patrick A

J-cakes did an amazing job with our wedding cupcakes and cutting cake! We ordered 3 different flavored cupcakes (chocolate with oreo filling, vanilla with raspberry filling and walnut with a chocolate ganache filling and maple frosting) and they were all to die for! They were as... Read More beautiful as they were delicious! Our cutting cake had a puzzle piece design on it complete with our snowbaby cake topper. They were prompt with set up and everything came out beautiful on our DIY cupcake tower! They also made a custom grooms cake for our rehearsal dinner! Two-tiered cake with two different flavors (chocolate with oreo and vanilla with strawberry shortcake). They created Boston sports themed decorations with fondant and it came out absolutely amazing! Thank you all so much for all of your hard work!! - Christina

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Melissa I

Hope and her staff were great to work with and our wedding cake was gorgeous! I gave my husband the opportunity to take control of the cake and he designed a wedding cake that had a few touches of the Dallas Cowboys (his favorite football team) and the cake was everything we... Read More wanted! The cake tasting that we had with JCakes was soooo good and their flavors were so yummy. They really helped us capture the perfect kind of cake!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Donna l

This was the easiest vendor to work with. Also the caking is off the charts amazing. They worked with us, saw our vision, and it was exactly how we asked it to be. We got vanilla cake, buttercream icing, and canola filling. The cake was amazing. They communicated well, on... Read More time, and on point with the decorations. I would highly recommend them to all in the area!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Evan K

We commissioned JCakes to create our one of a kind wedding cake based on our pet rabbits snuggling. JCakes pulled it off without a hitch! The cake was wonderful and unique. I didn't want it to look too cartoony or easter bunnyish and this was exactly what I wanted. I wish I... Read More could post a photo on here.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Steven F

We used JCakes for our wedding on September 16 and they did an amazing job. They were very professional and allowed us to try all of their different flavors before deciding on what we wanted. We went with a cupcake tier and then a small 6" round cake at the top. We had 3... Read More different flavored cupcakes (Oreo, Cannoli and Raspberry Buttercream, and our cake top was also Raspberry Buttercream). They were beautifully decorated and our cake was designed perfectly. We had a Willow Tree cake topper which they accentuated with wild fresh mums. The best part was everything tasted as good as it looked! Everyone seemed to enjoy the cupcakes, as they were gone within minutes after we cut the cake. My wife and I cannot wait to enjoy our wedding cake again on our one year anniversary! Simply delicious. I would highly recommend. Thank you for everything JCakes!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Laura B

JCakes did a wonderful job with our cake. It was both beautiful and delicious. We would recommend them again in a heartbeat. Very easy to work with in designing the cake, and they even provided fresh flowers to match our floral design.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Lauren D

Our venue, Lake of Isles, offered us a cake from one of two bakeries. We decided on J Cakes and were so pleased! We loved the tasting experience, where we were provided with a small slice of chocolate and vanilla cake and then multiple small cups of frostings and fillings so we... Read More could mix and match! We decided on a vanilla cake with lemon frosting and a raspberry filling. We chose a Swiss dot pattern with red ribbon accents and sunflowers on top. The bakery, on our request, also provided a cupcake for a cousin who was celebrating her birthday on our wedding day. J Cakes already boxed a 6" round of our cake to freeze and enjoy on our anniversary.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Melanie C

Cake looked and tasted great, thanks Jcakes! Very professional and easy to work with, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Mellissa N

The cake was delicious, staff very helpful. Only complaint is that our wedding cake was crooked.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Rachel L

We went with cupcakes and had a delicious tasting and everything on the day of the wedding went smoothly. I would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Fran D

No need to look at any other bakery for your wedding cake. jCakes wedding cakes are beautiful and will work with you on any design. But most importantly, the cakes tastes wonderful.

2016-07-28T07:51:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Looking forward to the big event next year and making it extra special!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Caitlin F

JCakes supplied us with a 2 tier cake to cut into for our wedding reception. It was fantastic! While they don't generally offer tastings for their 2 tier cakes, my husband and I were able to try a few combinations at a tasting event held by our wedding venue. We got a chocolate... Read More cake with oreo mousse- omg was it good! We saved the top tier, and can't wait to have some more of their delicious cake on our anniversary!

2016-07-28T07:50:37 Response from the vendor

We are so delighted the Oreo mousse cake was a hit! Thanks so much for taking the time to write!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Sarah B

Excellent! J cakes provided cupcakes and a brides cake for our 75 person wedding and their confections were a rave. Even months later our friends and family are still gushing about how delicious the cupcakes were -- especially the OMG (oreo inside, mocha frosting, golden... Read More cake)... unbelievable!

2016-07-14T10:05:03 Response from the vendor

Ahh..the OMG! My absolute favorite. You really can't go wrong with that cupcake. We are thrilled that the cupcakes were a hit. Thanks so much for selecting JCakes to end the evening on a sweet note! Best to you! Hope

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Claire S

JCakes was amazing! Everyone thought the cake was delicious. We had such a fun time at the cake testing and they had so many flavors to choose from. They were also quick to respond with any questions I had prior to the wedding day.

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Rachael T

One of the most delicious wedding cakes I've ever had. We had one layer of vanilla and White Chocolate Mouse and the other with chocolate cake with Oreo Cookies & Cream. The execution of the design was excellent. Their work is neat and precise, and absolutely beautiful.