Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations

Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

468 Bedford Road, Pleasantville, NY

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Jordan A

We worked with Jens at Jean-Jacques and were completely thrilled with every stage of the process. At the beginning of our catering search, Jens was quick to respond and put us at ease - he was flexible, accommodating, and from there, it was an easy choice. Everything from our... Read More initial tasting to meetings with Jens leading up to our wedding was effortless. Jens truly takes care of every detail. What's more, the food is AMAZING. Our wedding was a month ago, and we're still getting compliments on the food. We can also vouch for the food, because Donna made sure we got to eat during our wedding! :) Donna was so much more than a maitre'd. Sure, she coordinated the staff and made sure the timing of the event went as planned. But she went above and beyond, lining us up as we walked down the aisle and bringing us food throughout the night. We feel so lucky to have had her. Having Jean-Jacques, Jens, Donna, and their whole team at our wedding meant we could relax and enjoy our wedding day. We can't recommend them all enough - they do a wonderful job!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jennifer P

After searching many venues, we are so happy that we found the Rowsley Estate and Jean-Jacques! It was so easy to work with Mary and Donna throughout the entire process. They were very responsive to all questions, were able to accommodate numerous site visits, and I knew that... Read More I didn't have to worry about a thing on the big day. My husband and I couldn't have asked for things to go any smoother. There was a wonderful tasting and the rehearsal was well-coordinated. Also, the bakery that we worked with for the cake was very flexible and able to design the exact cake I wanted. And it was delicious! The Rowsley Estate is a beautiful place to get married! I absolutely recommend working with Jean-Jacques for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 C L

We had used Jean-Jacques in the past for catering other events and planned our wedding around having Jean-Jacques cater our food. The service & food were excellent and Jens was wonderful to work with. We did not use a wedding planner and we did not need to - Jens & Jean-Jacques... Read More were very familiar with our venue (Boscobel in Garrison, NY) and executed the day flawlessly. Every detail was attended to and taken care of and I did not have any worries as a bride. Jens and Jean-Jacques coordinated with our venue and rental company, as well as the other vendors the day of. My wedding day was completely stress free. The food and cake were amazing -- all of our guests told us how wonderful the food and service was. I would highly recommend Jean-Jacques not just for a wedding, but for any catered event. We will definitely use Jean-Jacques again in the future.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Michelle T

My husband and I had our wedding at the Jean-Jacques Venue the Rowsley Estate (Scarsdale Women's Club) located in Scarsdale, NY. They were the only venue in the area that was willing and able to provide an entirely gluten free wedding (including the cake!) due to our health... Read More restrictions. Every guest made a point of telling us how amazing the food was - and we agreed!! Mary and Donna were fantastic at guiding us every step of the way to make sure our wedding was perfect. We couldn't be happier- Thank you Jean-Jacques!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Tina B

Had a fabulous experience with Jean-Jacques for my engagement party in February 2016. My initial date in January was snowed out and they were extremely accomodating in finding a new date for us last minute. Mary is an absolute pleasure to work with; every detail was taken... Read More care of that day and our minds were totally at ease. Definitely a quality company that takes pride in their service and strongly recommend them to anyone looking to throw an engagement/wedding/party/etc. Thank you again! Tina and Gebe

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Mariana M

We held my daughter's baby shower in the private room at Jean-Jacques, and everything was terrific. Being former residents of Pleasantville, we knew that Jean-Jacques food would be great--and it was a delicious assortment of brunch items. Donna and Donna, the servers, made the... Read More buffet set up move smoothly, kept the drinks full--and helped with the Baby Food Taste Test! The setup the Jeannette planned allowed the kids to continue with decorating onesies, bibs and block for the baby while the grown-ups moved on to presents. Overall a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 7/30/2016

Jean Jacques just catered my son and daughter-in-laws wedding July 16 and it was outstanding. Everything Jens, the owner, promised he delivered and more. The food was delicious and yes there was plenty of it, the service/servers were warm and attentive, the Maitre D was... Read More fabulous running the event and taking good care of the bride and groom and all of the guests. I can't imagine anyone better and easier to work with. I highly recommend them without any reservations!!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016

We held my daughter's wedding shower at Jean-Jacques in Pleasantville, and it could not have been lovelier. The room accommodated our crowd (about 60) and was still intimate. The food was out of this world -- and plentiful. Our guests are still raving about it. And most of all... Read More the staff could not have been more professional, supportive and helpful. People told me it was the nicest shower they had been to, and I credit Jean-Jacques. Thank you, Jeannette and the lovely women who worked so hard that day and made it so special! (PS The strawberry shortcake -- well, let's just say that it was a mouth-watering experience that I am still re-living over and over in my mind and on my taste buds!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

A perfect venue for my daughter's Bridal Shower! The guests raved about the food and it was a " lovely ladies lunch". The staff was extremely professional and working with Jeanette and the rest of the staff was great.

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Angelo T

Sometimes the biggest things in life come from the smallest things the details the joy the love the food the wine and the service exquisite I can't stop thinking about how grand our wedding reception was a truly beautiful , fun and deliscous dining experience

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

My sister and I threw a bridal shower for our younger sister at Jean Jacques in Pleasantville on 4/9/16. Jean-Jacques exceeded our expectations. Not only was the venue affordable but The staff was friendly and very helpful, and our guests raved about the food. If you're... Read More searching for a venue to throw a bridal shower or small party Jean-Jacques is the place.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016

Although our event was an engagement party and not a wedding (we will be holding that big-day out-of-town!) Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations gave us an amazing evening to remember. The food was delicious, the service attentive and the cake, well, the celebratory cake was... Read More heavenly. As the Mother-of-the-Bride I chose Jean-Jacques' because of its stellar reputation - one that is well earned. The event ran seamlessly and guests were singing the praises of this great party spot. In fact, I am in the midst of hiring Jean Jaques' as our on-site caterer for my son's upcoming graduation party. Looking forward to another great experience!

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Christina K

My husband and I were married in March 2016 at Scarsdale Woman’s Club. From our initial phone conversations and meetings with Mary Scelsi, we couldn’t have felt that we were in better hands. Now where do I start?! Plain and simple – Mary and her daughter, Donna Sullivan, are... Read More class acts. From the get-go, Mary was professional, candid, and extremely helpful. My husband and I had specific ideas in mind in terms of reception format, food preferences, and aesthetics, and Mary helped us achieve what we were looking for. We strayed away from a typical wedding menu, and Mary and her team planned and executed an amazing menu that was tasty and different. We felt like Mary and Donna really took care of us in the months leading up to our big day, which is so important when planning a wedding. We enjoyed our ceremony and reception and, thanks to Mary and Donna, we didn’t have to worry about a thing! Meticulous attention to detail, professional, extremely pleasant, responsive. 10/10 would recommend. A+++ Can’t wait to work with them again.

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Alexandra S

Our wedding was in August 2015 at the Marros Estate in Rye. We loved the venue, especially since we got married at the church next door. Jean-Jacques' was the preferred caterer, and we were planning the event from 3,000 miles away, so it was by default that we selected them. We... Read More were not able to taste food before booking, and while the tasting went well, we were ultimately dissatisfied with several aspects of the actual event. Pre-planning went decently well, however Mary, while nice, does not email (which can be particularly difficult to deal with if you live in a different time zone). I also was repeating myself a lot; every time we talked to Mary, I had to go over everything again as if she wasn't keeping track of the details. I was able to make appointments to taste the cake and see sample linens (even though these were ordered through the caterer, I had to schedule the appointments myself and Mary was not involved). The tasting with the caterer went pretty well. We were able to request some specific items from the menu be made, since we were considering them for the big day. The lamb shanks were large and perfectly cooked. While we did not try the filet mignon, we saw it presented to neighboring tables, and it looked perfectly medium-rare. The fish dish we tried was obviously a pre-made frozen entree, and tasted horrible. We opted for a chicken dish on our final menu, which was good. The bakery for the cake tasting was less glamorous than we had expected. The cake was served on styrofoam plates and service was gruff. The cake was just ok and nothing special, but was included with the cost and adequate enough to not pay separately for an upgrade. The week of the event we went over the menu in detail again with Mary, along with all the decor, the cake, and other items. The Thursday before the wedding, we dropped off a number of items while they were setting up. Upon arriving, we noticed the linens were horribly wrinkled. We brought this up, but were told they'd fall out. The next day we returned, and the linens still looked terrible. I called Mary and she told me it was "too late" to do anything. I complained since I had mentioned it the day before, and finally they agreed to bring in all new linens. On the day, the cocktail hour food was great. We had the raw bar, and people raved. The special salad that we requested for dinner, however, was not made properly and was embarrasingly small. The meat was all either overdone (filet) or tough (lamb). The pasta was also underseasoned, even after requesting in advance that it be salted more. Clearly they can cook much better for the tasting than for 140 people. They also served cheap off-brand liquor at 3 of the 4 bars after we paid for "premium" open bar and 2 hours of OT. Finally, they only served one flavor of cake even though we had ordered 2. On the Monday following the wedding, I contacted Mary with a list of our complaints, and instead of apologizing because we weren't happy, she became very defensive and claimed that none of what I said was true. She even said that we never ordered 2 flavors of cake, even though it was on the menu, we discussed it multiple times, and the bakery confirmed it. (And, I saw the off-brand alcohol myself and guests were told to go to a different bar for certain brands). Don't book with them if you're looking for honest value and someone to care about details. Food is just so-so, don't be fooled by the tasting. If you're a foodie, definitely look elsewhere.

Fabulous from start to finish!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Megan S

We knew the caterer would be the second biggest decision we'd need to make regarding our wedding, and were not disappointed in the least by Jean-Jacques. From our very first tasting to the wedding day, everything went smoothly. Jens and his team are utmost professionals and are... Read More worth every penny. It was an extra hot July outdoor wedding, so our cake melted a bit. Immediately, Jens offered to make us a replacement cake to use for our anniversary tier. We cannot say enough positive things about this company. Our guests raved (some of whom are VERY particular) and many said it was the best food they'd ever tasted. Run, don't walk, to Jean-Jacques and hire them for your next event!

Mary and Jean Jacques Are Amazing

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

My wife and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Scarsdale Women's Club this September. Jean Jacques far exceeded our high expectations. Mary was our event coordinator and during the eleven months that we worked with her she was accommodating and professional. A couple of... Read More examples of this: my wife and I requested Indian hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour. My wife and I suggested a restaurant, and some items we were interested in, and that was that. On the day of our wedding rain was forecasted, and Mary was extremely flexible with the plan to have the ceremony outdoors. A few hours before the wedding we decided to take the chance and set up outside. We got very lucky, and about five minutes after the outdoor ceremony it started raining torrentially. The evening went off without a hitch, and all of our guests had a great time. Planning a wedding can seem like a daunting task at the outset, and my wife and I are very happy that Mary was on our team throughout the process. We highly recommend Jean Jacques Catering.

June 2015 wedding Westchester County

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

If you want your wedding event to be as stress- less as possible, look no further than Jean Jacque in Pleasantville, NY. All we have are the best memories of an event that was perfectly tailored to our requests of both the bride and groom and the families needs. Executed with... Read More professionalism and great style our guests raved about the food and service. Jean-Jacque and crew live up to their reputation as winners for five consecutive years as Best of Wedding by the Knot.

Perfect wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Roman B

Jean-Jacques exceeded our expectations and created a day we will remember forever

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 kathie d

Our wedding reception was at our house which presented many challenges! From my first telephone conversation with Jens from Jean- Jacques' Culinary Creations I knew we would hire them, and I'm really glad we did. This is a very experienced, professional company that tells you... Read More exactly what they will do for you and then more than carries through. We met for a tasting which was fabulous as well as fun. Jens took a lot of time with us explaining the food choices and answered all the bride and groom's questions as well as mine. This just solidified our decision. The food was so good we didn't want to leave! The day of the wedding was frenetic but Jens' staff arrived early and set everything up for us in a well practiced, highly competent manner. They brought an air of much need calm with them! The maitre'd was beyond fantastic. She coordinated everything superbly, always anticipating what needed to be done. She made sure there were NO problems, not one. Many of our guests commented on how well she orchestrated everything. One example is, that since we were having a buffet I had been worried about the dreaded line forming for the food, but she efficiently went to each table, one at a time, to ask them to go up to the buffet. It was seamless. The bartender was just wonderful and the wait staff was well presented and polite. They really added an air of elegance to the entire occasion. I can't say too many good things about JJCC. They were excellent in every way and really made the wedding a night to remember! Many of our guests asked who they were because they were so impressed. Finally, I do think with a home reception, and all the challenges that that presents that no one could have done a better job. It was not an easy venue for them and yet they excelled. I am so grateful that we found Jean-Jacques Catering. From now on, any large party that I might have, will involve them!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jacqueline V

The Scarsdale Women's Club (Jean Jaques) The Rowsley Estate: We were happily married at The Rowsley 1 month ago and we are still talking about it. It was such a great success, throughout the night many of our guests stopped us to say it was the greatest wedding they have been... Read More to. And they meant it! The food was amazingly delicious. We went with the smaller food option and everyone was stuffed. The drinks were plentiful and they made our signature drink extra tasty. But most helpful was the hard work and dedication of Mary, the wedding coordinator. How to describe Mary...? Lets just say- she's got you. She's on point from your fist tour to the big day. She has all the answers to your questions because she has already anticipated it. She is honest and dedicated which translates to a fun and easy experience for the couple. The Rowsley is a great value for all of the attention, service and really great food! You will have the perfect wedding here!

Could not be happier!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

We held our wedding reception here in August and everything was absolutely perfect. We could not be happier with the service, the food, or the venue itself. Our coordinator Mary was amazing throughout the whole process. We had a few special requests and Mary and her staff... Read More were thoroughly accommodating. The food was excellent, and plentiful. The cake was incredible. The staff was efficient and super friendly. Everything that was promised was delivered. The venue itself is amazing. You have the whole place to yourselves, so its only your people. No other weddings going on. The main hall is well sized and feels intimate. For reference, we had 70 guests and the proportions of the room worked well. The rooms of the estate are all decorated interestingly, leading to some great photo opportunities. The grounds are beautiful in the summer. Amazing place. We're trying to manufacture an excuse to throw another party here. A most sincere thank you to Mary, Jeannette, Donna and the whole team for making our wedding day truly special!

Jean- Jacques Wedding Services Review

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Darnel A

There are so many good things to say about Jean- Jaques’ contribution to our wedding. It started with Mary and Donna, who from the start felt like close friends we wanted as guests. The entire wait staff was professional and courteous. We expected that of the older wait... Read More staff, but even the younger members made us feel that this was a special night. The food easily exceeded our expectations— and we’re used to eating in good New York City restaurants. The Rowsley Estate as a venue was a perfect fit for our size, and gave the whole evening a welcome feeling we could not have achieved in a wedding factory or a restaurant. Darnel and Bob.

Booking Jean-Jaques' Was The Best Decision Ever!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Dena V

I wish I could attach a picture of The Rowsley Estate from the day of our wedding to show you how beautiful the venue is! Mary & Donna were amazing! They were on top of everything, they were there whenever we needed them and the day of they helped make everything run perfectly!... Read More The food was out of this world! Everything was fresh- made to order, not frozen and sent to the venue. Everyone is super nice and patient (as everyone knows how stressful planning a wedding can be!). It's been over a month now and my guests are still telling me how beautiful and delicious everything was! I have nothing but the highest regard for this company and it's wonderful staff!! If Mary or Donna is reading this right now- THANK YOU, LADIES!!! Love, Dena & Hal (6.13.2015)

Beautifully Executed Event at Bronxville Women's Club

Reviewed on 7/03/2015

Our thoughtful daughter made all the decisions for her wedding. After careful consideration she selected Jean Jacques' for the whole package they provided. Her guidance to us, her dad and I, was to have fun, enjoy the whole day, help the bride and groom entertain and host. How... Read More could we not exude pride at the bride and groom, and their party's outcome. The event was beautiful from beginning to end. The venue romantic, and the fare delicious. She was guided masterfully through the multitude of decisions with special touches recommended to make it very personal for their day's plans by Mary, Jean Jacques' planner. Under the truly expert direction of the attentive and descrete maitre d'es, the JJ staff ensured that all day, from early arrivals to departures, reception, dinner, after cake special desserts, that the festivities ran smoothly and all were welcomed. JJ orchestration made sure there was no moment of confusion, no feeling of stress, no drama. Just invisible facilitation when needed. Our guests mentioned how welcoming all were, and at the end left they with a feeling of an easy and elegance affair, and much warmth. Every waiter helped make the guests feel like they were honored guests. The bride and groom were thrilled at their special attention and their day. Nothing went unnoticed as they helped us navigate this very memorable day for 100 guests.

Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 5/23/2015 Sunju P

Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations catered our May 9th, 2015, wedding at The Marros Estate in Rye - one of their exclusive venues. The setting, service, decor, and food were all perfect. Mary Scelsi and Donna Sullivan as well as the rest of the Jean-Jacques team were incredibly... Read More professional while also carrying, compassionate, and personal throughout the entire planning process and on the day of our wedding. Our guests were raving about how "magical" the setting was and how delicious the food was! We could not have imagined a more perfect outcome. Most weddings have something "go wrong," but we truly did not have a single hitch thanks to the team at Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations! I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or any other special event. You will be well taken care of!