Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations

Pleasantville, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Jean-Jacques’ Culinary Creations is a full-service caterer with exclusive venues for weddings in Westchester. Whether at one of our historic mansions and estates or a location of your choice, we are committed to providing the highest quality of service and culinary expertise at an affordable price.

Guest Capacity

Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

468 Bedford Road, Pleasantville, NY

Our wedding was perfect! Better than I imagined!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Hali L

Our wedding was perfect. It was the most beautiful and lovely experience, even better than I had imagined it! The wedding was at the Rowsley Estate, around 55 people. Mary worked with us closely to create the wedding we wanted; she was accommodating and so sweet the entire time... Read More we worked together, we adored her from the start. She was so easy to talk to, we really felt like she listened to our ideas with consideration and purpose and everything came together so nicely. We had originally planned to do the ceremony under the 480 year old white oak tree out front, which is stunning, but during the rehearsal the night before it was muggy and hot, so we moved it into the dining room. On short notice, the entire look of the ceremony changed, and it couldn't have worked out better. With 55 guests in a dining room, it could have felt cramped, but it was absolutely not, it was so intimate and charming, I couldn't believe it. When I walked down the aisle, I felt the presence and could see the smiles of all the most important people in mine and my husband's life. And the entire house has such great character, it was just lovely. I had made a garland to drape over the branches of the tree but since the ceremony was moved indoors, Donna helped me hang it over the window in the dining room and it looked great! Donna was incredible, she made sure we didn't have to worry about anything the entire night. She eased stress and encouraged excitement! When I first got there, she took me around the reception tables to make sure everything was perfect, and it was, I was breathless when I walked in; she helped coordinate and problem solve all the last minute craziness; she brought us a drink after our ceremony so we could celebrate with each other before we got back to the crowd; she even took care of some overly "celebratory" guests without us even knowing. We probably would have completely missed the hor d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour had she not brought us multiple trays so we could not only taste everything, but get something in our stomachs. My husband and I have both spent a lot of time working in restaurants, and feel qualified to say that the servers were fantastic. Jean-Jacques does not do a pre-ordered meal, guests are asked what they would like at the event (which we loved). The servers were quick and thorough and everything came out hot. For 55 people. Incredible. Everyone raved about the food and complimented how great those servers were. They looked sharp too! Our wonderful server came to get us every time a course was served. When we were making table rounds, she would come by and say "we need you" so it was easy for us to leave guests politely and quickly so we wouldn't get back to freezing cold food, or worse, nothing at all. Everyone had such a great time, I really feel like our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves, there was dancing the whole night! And for a small crowd, that was pretty incredible. Mary and Donna were professional, hospitable, extremely qualified, and a pleasure to work with. They were right there with us from the start, working hard along the way to make our special day smooth so we could focus on the important part. And we did. Our wedding was so joyous and perfect, I couldn't have hoped for a better evening. Thank you to Mary and Donna and the fantastic team at Jean-Jacques, we are so grateful!

Booking Jean-Jaques' Was The Best Decision Ever!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Dena V

I wish I could attach a picture of The Rowsley Estate from the day of our wedding to show you how beautiful the venue is! Mary & Donna were amazing! They were on top of everything, they were there whenever we needed them and the day of they helped make everything run perfectly!... Read More The food was out of this world! Everything was fresh- made to order, not frozen and sent to the venue. Everyone is super nice and patient (as everyone knows how stressful planning a wedding can be!). It's been over a month now and my guests are still telling me how beautiful and delicious everything was! I have nothing but the highest regard for this company and it's wonderful staff!! If Mary or Donna is reading this right now- THANK YOU, LADIES!!! Love, Dena & Hal (6.13.2015)

Beautifully Executed Event at Bronxville Women's Club

Reviewed on 7/03/2015

Our thoughtful daughter made all the decisions for her wedding. After careful consideration she selected Jean Jacques' for the whole package they provided. Her guidance to us, her dad and I, was to have fun, enjoy the whole day, help the bride and groom entertain and host. How... Read More could we not exude pride at the bride and groom, and their party's outcome. The event was beautiful from beginning to end. The venue romantic, and the fare delicious. She was guided masterfully through the multitude of decisions with special touches recommended to make it very personal for their day's plans by Mary, Jean Jacques' planner. Under the truly expert direction of the attentive and descrete maitre d'es, the JJ staff ensured that all day, from early arrivals to departures, reception, dinner, after cake special desserts, that the festivities ran smoothly and all were welcomed. JJ orchestration made sure there was no moment of confusion, no feeling of stress, no drama. Just invisible facilitation when needed. Our guests mentioned how welcoming all were, and at the end left they with a feeling of an easy and elegance affair, and much warmth. Every waiter helped make the guests feel like they were honored guests. The bride and groom were thrilled at their special attention and their day. Nothing went unnoticed as they helped us navigate this very memorable day for 100 guests.

Perfect wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Roman B

Jean-Jacques exceeded our expectations and created a day we will remember forever

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 kathie d

Our wedding reception was at our house which presented many challenges! From my first telephone conversation with Jens from Jean- Jacques' Culinary Creations I knew we would hire them, and I'm really glad we did. This is a very experienced, professional company that tells you... Read More exactly what they will do for you and then more than carries through. We met for a tasting which was fabulous as well as fun. Jens took a lot of time with us explaining the food choices and answered all the bride and groom's questions as well as mine. This just solidified our decision. The food was so good we didn't want to leave! The day of the wedding was frenetic but Jens' staff arrived early and set everything up for us in a well practiced, highly competent manner. They brought an air of much need calm with them! The maitre'd was beyond fantastic. She coordinated everything superbly, always anticipating what needed to be done. She made sure there were NO problems, not one. Many of our guests commented on how well she orchestrated everything. One example is, that since we were having a buffet I had been worried about the dreaded line forming for the food, but she efficiently went to each table, one at a time, to ask them to go up to the buffet. It was seamless. The bartender was just wonderful and the wait staff was well presented and polite. They really added an air of elegance to the entire occasion. I can't say too many good things about JJCC. They were excellent in every way and really made the wedding a night to remember! Many of our guests asked who they were because they were so impressed. Finally, I do think with a home reception, and all the challenges that that presents that no one could have done a better job. It was not an easy venue for them and yet they excelled. I am so grateful that we found Jean-Jacques Catering. From now on, any large party that I might have, will involve them!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jacqueline V

The Scarsdale Women's Club (Jean Jaques) The Rowsley Estate: We were happily married at The Rowsley 1 month ago and we are still talking about it. It was such a great success, throughout the night many of our guests stopped us to say it was the greatest wedding they have been... Read More to. And they meant it! The food was amazingly delicious. We went with the smaller food option and everyone was stuffed. The drinks were plentiful and they made our signature drink extra tasty. But most helpful was the hard work and dedication of Mary, the wedding coordinator. How to describe Mary...? Lets just say- she's got you. She's on point from your fist tour to the big day. She has all the answers to your questions because she has already anticipated it. She is honest and dedicated which translates to a fun and easy experience for the couple. The Rowsley is a great value for all of the attention, service and really great food! You will have the perfect wedding here!

Could not be happier!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

We held our wedding reception here in August and everything was absolutely perfect. We could not be happier with the service, the food, or the venue itself. Our coordinator Mary was amazing throughout the whole process. We had a few special requests and Mary and her staff... Read More were thoroughly accommodating. The food was excellent, and plentiful. The cake was incredible. The staff was efficient and super friendly. Everything that was promised was delivered. The venue itself is amazing. You have the whole place to yourselves, so its only your people. No other weddings going on. The main hall is well sized and feels intimate. For reference, we had 70 guests and the proportions of the room worked well. The rooms of the estate are all decorated interestingly, leading to some great photo opportunities. The grounds are beautiful in the summer. Amazing place. We're trying to manufacture an excuse to throw another party here. A most sincere thank you to Mary, Jeannette, Donna and the whole team for making our wedding day truly special!

Jean- Jacques Wedding Services Review

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Darnel A

There are so many good things to say about Jean- Jaques’ contribution to our wedding. It started with Mary and Donna, who from the start felt like close friends we wanted as guests. The entire wait staff was professional and courteous. We expected that of the older wait... Read More staff, but even the younger members made us feel that this was a special night. The food easily exceeded our expectations— and we’re used to eating in good New York City restaurants. The Rowsley Estate as a venue was a perfect fit for our size, and gave the whole evening a welcome feeling we could not have achieved in a wedding factory or a restaurant. Darnel and Bob.

Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 5/23/2015 Sunju P

Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations catered our May 9th, 2015, wedding at The Marros Estate in Rye - one of their exclusive venues. The setting, service, decor, and food were all perfect. Mary Scelsi and Donna Sullivan as well as the rest of the Jean-Jacques team were incredibly... Read More professional while also carrying, compassionate, and personal throughout the entire planning process and on the day of our wedding. Our guests were raving about how "magical" the setting was and how delicious the food was! We could not have imagined a more perfect outcome. Most weddings have something "go wrong," but we truly did not have a single hitch thanks to the team at Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations! I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or any other special event. You will be well taken care of!

Beautiful Wedding at Marros Estate

Reviewed on 5/16/2015 Kelly A

We held our 140-person wedding ceremony and reception with Jean Jacques at Marros Estate and couldn’t be happier. Mary and Donna were helpful and professional from our first email contact all the way through the planning process and, most importantly, the day of the wedding. We... Read More did a food tasting a few months before the wedding and had some comments about the preparation of one dish – they listened to everything we said and the chef changed the preparation to our preferences. Everyone raved about the food! Jean Jacques staff made sure my new husband and I ate during cocktail /reception AND made sure we had a fresh drinks (or water!) in our hand all night. Donna handled the flow of the event the entire day so we didn’t need to worry about anything except enjoying the day. Jean Jacques makes you feel like part of their family and certainly knows how to host an unforgettable wedding.

wedding at Temple Shaaray Tefila

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Danielle B

Jean-Jacques catered my recent wedding on 4/26/15 at Temple Shaaray Tefila in Mount Kisco, NY. I can't say enough good things about Jens (one of the owners), who we primarily worked with, and their team. Jens was very responsive during the planning process, and was extremely... Read More flexible with our request for a somewhat non-traditional reception style. We wanted to have a cocktail style event, which he happily and creatively accommodated. Many other caterers were very reluctant to do this. They are full service caterers and really take care of almost everything, from the food, bar (if you want), cake (included), and really helped organize the entire event. They know their locations very well, and really know what they are doing. They food was really excellent, and though we were limited because it was Kosher- style, none of our guests even noticed the absence of pork or shellfish! We got so many compliments on the food. And the cake (chocolate with a ganache frosting) was AMAZING! definitely the best wedding cake I've ever had. The wait staff and bartenders were also excellent. After the ceremony, they took my husband and I to the bridal suite, where they had champagne and food waiting for us. Our waitress repeatedly made sure we were eating (we ate at our wedding!!), and continually refilled our drinks. My only complaints/ suggestions would be that they don't seem very familiar with specific Jewish customs- i.e. we had to bring in our own Challah for the blessing, and they never served it!! Also, the Maitre D was not familiar with Jewish wedding ceremonies and tried to change the seating sides while the wedding party was rehearsing without me (bride's side/ bridesmaids on right, groomsmen on left, which is opposite of Christian tradition), which luckily I (and the Rabbi) knew was incorrect, and changed back to the correct format (phew!) Therefore, if there are things that are very important to you, i.e. specific details like a certain extra liquor, or religious tradition, make sure to remind them a few times before the event. Overall, it was a great experience, and we were so happy with Jean-Jacques and would choose them again!

JJ,The Best Wedding Ever!!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Jean- Jacque Catering for my son’s and daughter in laws wedding which was held at the Scarsdale Woman’s Club. From our first encounter with Mary to the very end of the event, I can only speak words of beauty. Her talents and skills in... Read More formulating a magnificent wedding went beyond our expectations. We met Mary for the first time at Scarsdale Women’s Club as she was most gracious in orienting us to the magnificent Rowsley House. While she presented the venue, she gave us subtle hints of how to set up the rooms, what could be provided, and thoughts about flowers as she was answering multiple questions to our satisfaction. While touring the grounds, she made soft suggestions for the potential floor plan for an outdoor ceremony, which would capture the beauty of the estate. She collaborated with the florist and rental companies took care of deliveries, set up, and breaks down, just perfect. The colors of the accent décor complimented and accentuated the colors of the flowers, bridal party, linens etc. The rehearsal Friday night was a carefully coordinated dry run for the following evening, the wedding. Saturday before the wedding everything, once again, was reinforced, not allowing our nerves to interfere with the joy of the occasion. Every detail was reinforced. The cocktail hour was sensational, beautifully laid out, easily accessible, convenient, with NO lines. I highly recommend the raw bar, it was outstanding!!After introductions, dinner was served. The meal was hot, delicious and cooked to perfection. The fillet melted in your mouth, the vegetables cooked to perfection and the pastries were yummy. In summary, Jean Jacque Catering provided an elegant, customized and sophisticated affair in the most beautiful and relaxing atmosphere. Every detail was tended to with care. Throughout the entire night the service was impeccable in an elegant ambiance facilitating a celebratory party. If you asked would we do it all over? The answer is YES but only if we could use Jean- Jacques Catering.

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Jessica G

Jean-Jaques is a wonderful venue to work with. they helped my husband and I with every aspect of our wedding not just what they were intended to do. Not only did they listen to uphold all our wishes for our dream wedding they also took the opportunity to express their ideas to... Read More make our special day! they have my top recommendations!

Oct 12, 2014 wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Flora-Rica A

Mary and Donna were a pleasure to work with! From the beginning of our planning phase, Mary was very helpful and open-minded to our ideas. She didn't miss a single detail! She was responsive and answered our questions with extreme patience. Donna was awesome on our wedding day.... Read More While keeping our timing and schedules in mind, she made sure that the party had a good flow. She also made sure my now-husband and I were attended to. The food was delicious! Everyone kept telling me how much they enjoyed the food! I thank everyone from Jean-Jacques for taking part in our special day.

Mary will take care of you!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Regina B

I knew from the first time I meet with Mary she was the one to help plan our big day. Mary was always responsive, asked the right questions, was very organized. The day was perfect...Mary had briefed Donna on everything and she executed perfectly. JJ has an amazing team! the... Read More staff the day of treating each guest like gold, the food was fantastic ( yes thanks to Doris our waitress, we actually ate!) My husband I are already talking the next time we can have a party at the Rowsley Estate:) its a special location, not a wedding factory and just what we were looking for, for our intimate wedding.

Fantastic food and super responsive service

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Tracy G

We decided we didn't want to do a banquet hall for our wedding. While this meant we had our reception a truly unique venue (the Rowsley Estate) I thought it would also mean we'd have a lot more work on our own to do. JJ made everything so easy for us. Mary was incredibly... Read More responsive, always so patient with my endless questions (even from my mother!) and accommodated all of our requests for food, set up, etc. Everyone we worked with was so nice and I felt so confident on my wedding day that I had nothing to worry about it. And the food was amazing! I carved out time to eat and so glad that I did - wish I had asked to take home a doggie bag!

Mr and Mrs Karcz-Cadavid

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 linda c

The entire Wedding Team at Jean-Jacques’ made our wedding a huge success and a very special day. They provided us with an excellent quality of service and were extremely attentive and flexible to all our needs. The food was one of a kind. We highly recommend the Jean-Jacques... Read More team and thank them for an unforgettable experience.

"I will take care of you."

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Kristina S

I came across Jean Jacques through a wedding site and read reviews similar to the ones you are reading. I was impressed by the reviews and clicked "Contact Vendor." The next day I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Mary, the event coordinator. We scheduled a... Read More time to meet a few days later. I appreciated Mary's knowledge, professionalism, and expertise from the moment we met. She listened, offered suggestions, took notes, and was thorough. I left the meeting impressed and with Mary's words "I will take care of you" in the back of my mind. I was even more impressed a few days later when I received a hand-written thank you note for taking the time to meet with her. The following factors were very important to us in choosing a caterer: all-inclusive, cost, quality of food, service, and professionalism. Jean Jacques exceed all of our expectations and more. Looking back, Mary and her team stood by her words "I will take care of you." From the last minute decision to have a tent due to the rain, to arriving early the morning of the wedding to work through the new seating chart, they was there every step of the way. They accommodated our special request and were courteous to our vendors. Being a perfectionist and a project manager by trade, at one point of the morning I let go of being attached to the wedding and the details. I was confident Mary and her team were going to take care of us and our guests. It was truly such a blessing to be a guest at our own wedding. The service Mary, Donna, Vinny and their staff provided was second to none. We thank them for making our wedding celebration a dream come true.

Great Day by a Great Catering Team

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 luis g

Jean Jacques makes a great team. They went above and beyond to serve our guests on our wedding day which was May 17, 2014. Throughout the whole process from planning to getting contact vendors it was essentially a stress free experience. Thanks to Mary and Donna we were able to... Read More contact vendors who had experience with the space and the day went by smooth. Our guest also had arrived a bit early and Mary and Donna here hosting and saying"Not a problem!!"" The food came out without delay and with plenty of drinks that never ran out!! Thank you very much for a remarkable day we will never forget!! Jess and Luis Gonell ..married May 17,2014

Perfect location for a gorgeous Bridal Shower

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Meghan P

What a gorgeous place to hold an event. We had my bridal shower here and it was the perfect backdrop for a beautiful day. The banquet room was perfectly sized and the food was so fresh and delicate, perfect for a summertime event. The service was superb and we couldn't have... Read More asked for anything better! We even had our own server as well as coordinator on the day to make sure everything was flawless. Janet, was extremely helpful and so warm. The pastries and cake were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day or venue to host my bridal shower. Thank you Jean-Jacques!

Everything and more!

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Chanelle l

I could not be happier with the way our Wedding went this past June. Mary and Donna were AMAZING! They were always available whenever I had a question, and they got everything perfectly right on our big day. My parents and I were blown away when we pulled up to the Marros... Read More Estate. Every detail was exactly as I had asked, and was all ready by the time we arrived by 2pm (Ceremony at 5, Reception at 7). Our wedding was the perfect size for us (with only 65 people making it) made up of our imediate family, and our closest friends. Donna was our Maitre d' and was so smooth during the night. All of our vendors loved her and they too exchanged contact information. She was so calm through everything, and more importantly made my mom and I calm! I have no doubt they could handel a larger event, which is quite common for them. Not only did they get every tiny detail right, the food was great! They had a women in charge for just my husband and I, making sure that we ate every course throughout the night (which we were very pleased with!) We had the Salmon, Filet Mignon, and Chicken, it was so delicious that we even had seconds. I can't express how happy we are with how our day went. I was mentally ready for something to go wrong, and it was flawless. I am so blessed that Mary and Donna were there to comfort me and be there for all of my thousands of questions! They truely are great to work with, and are wedding experts. They can be sure I will be using them for my next big event!

May 2014 Wedding at The James House Mansion

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Ebonette B

Jean-Jacques is one of the few approved caterers for The James House Mansion venue where we held our wedding ceremony and reception in May 2014. Jean-Jacques was completely responsive and attentive to our needs from the moment we inquired about their services, throughout the... Read More planning process and up to the day of the wedding. Jean-Jacques assured us that they’ve catered many weddings at the James House and on the day of the wedding it showed. The entire staff did everything to make sure that the ceremony and reception ran smoothly. Our guests loved the venue and loved the food, particularly the passed hors d'oeuvres and the pastries. Jens was a pleasure to work with and always made himself available for questions. We highly recommend Jean-Jacques for your catered event.

Reviewed on 3/18/2014 Melissa K

We had our winter wedding at The Scarsdale Woman's Club catered by Jean-Jacques. The Scarsdale Woman’s Club is a beautiful unique venue for an intimate wedding. I was a little concerned over the size of the ballroom. It seemed kind of small, but we had 90 people at our... Read More wedding and it was the perfect size. Jean-Jacques did an amazing job from beginning to end. During the whole process the wedding coordinator Mary was exceptional. She always responded right away to all my questions and was very helpful during the planning process. Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. All our guests loved the food. I think the favorites of the night were the crab cakes, the scallops wrapped in bacon, the salmon mousse and the filet with the horseradish sauce. The food during the cocktail hour was very plentiful. Since, the wedding party had a few more pictures to take the staff brought a plate of the hors d’oeuvres to the bridal suite so we wouldn’t miss out. The only real compliant that my guests had was some thought the entrée portions were a little small; however, everyone said that there was tons of food during the cocktail hour. I would definitely recommend Jean-Jacques for your wedding.

Reviewed on 3/16/2014

From the moment we first met with Mary (the event planner), we knew Jean Jacques was the caterer for us. We wanted to do something that was a little bit different from the "villa barones" of the world, but something still classic and elegant to appease our large Italian family.... Read More The first thing that impressed us in the initial consultations was the fact that though they are a "caterer" all of food is prepared on site fresh to order and there is no chance of food being soggy or lukewarm as a result. The choice of venue was a little bit challenging but only because Jean Jacques has such a broad spectrum of beautiful historic locations that they have built rapport with. We selected the Cotillion Ballroom at the Bronxville women's club due to its proximity to the church. We were extremely happy with the service throughout the planning, and the night of we were continually impressed by the attention to detail and all of our guests agreed that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The drinks flowed, the food was delicious, and people are still talking about our cake. The maître d Donna was great as we're the bartenders, key waiters, Doris was awesome... I have only one complaint: that is that it is over!!! If you are a bride on a budget (and you don't want anyone else to know you are) this is the caterer for you. We are so happy with how everything turned out.

October Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Kristen L

My husband and I had our religious ceremony in June and wanted to throw a classy party in October. Jean-Jacques helped us to organize the perfect setting and menu to compliment our vision. Mary was incredible. Her client relationship skills came naturally and made us both... Read More feel like she was our personal friend. Not only did she ensure that I felt this was the most important event of the year, she was just as attentive to my husband which is something that I did not see from other wedding organizers. Usually the focus is on the bride, and both my husband and I appreciated her approach. From the first meeting to the final event, Mary kept us on track the entire time. She was available to answer any questions we had and worked to ensure that any special touches we wanted were accommodated. The food...we cant say enough. From the initial tasting to eating leftovers the next day, the food was amazing. Our guests continued to rave about the appetizers, entrees and cupcakes. We were busy socializing and didn't get to enjoy the appetizers or cupcakes, but were kindly 'forced' to sit down for just a minute and eat our entree. So glad we did. The staff packed up any additional appetizers and a couple of extra entrees (last minute cancellations) and we were able to enjoy a nice lunch the next day. Thank you so much Mary and the Jean-Jacques team. We certainly talk you up every chance we get and if we ever need to through a party - maybe a wedding anniversary - you will be our first call.

TO Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations