Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations

Pleasantville, NY

Capacity: Up to 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Jean-Jacques’ Culinary Creations is a full-service caterer with exclusive venues for weddings in Westchester. Whether at one of our historic mansions and estates or a location of your choice, we are committed to providing the highest quality of service and culinary expertise at an affordable price.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

$$

Style

Mansion/Historic Site, Unusual/Alternative

468 Bedford Road, Pleasantville, NY

Our wedding was perfect! Better than I imagined!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Hali L

Our wedding was perfect. It was the most beautiful and lovely experience, even better than I had imagined it! The wedding was at the Rowsley Estate, around 55 people. Mary worked with us closely to create the wedding we wanted; she was accommodating and so sweet the entire time we worked together, we adored her from the start. She was so easy to talk to, we really felt like she listened to our ideas with consideration and purpose and everything came together so nicely. We had originally planned to do the ceremony under the 480 year old white oak tree out front, which is stunning, but during the rehearsal the night before it was muggy and hot, so we moved it into the dining room. On short notice, the entire look of the ceremony changed, and it couldn't have worked out better. With 55 guests in a dining room, it could have felt cramped, but it was absolutely not, it was so intimate and charming, I couldn't believe it. When I walked down the aisle, I felt the presence and could see the smiles of all the most important people in mine and my husband's life. And the entire house has such great character, it was just lovely. I had made a garland to drape over the branches of the tree but since the ceremony was moved indoors, Donna helped me hang it over the window in the dining room and it looked great! Donna was incredible, she made sure we didn't have to worry about anything the entire night. She eased stress and encouraged excitement! When I first got there, she took me around the reception tables to make sure everything was perfect, and it was, I was breathless when I walked in; she helped coordinate and problem solve all the last minute craziness; she brought us a drink after our ceremony so we could celebrate with each other before we got back to the crowd; she even took care of some overly "celebratory" guests without us even knowing. We probably would have completely missed the hor d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour had she not brought us multiple trays so we could not only taste everything, but get something in our stomachs. My husband and I have both spent a lot of time working in restaurants, and feel qualified to say that the servers were fantastic. Jean-Jacques does not do a pre-ordered meal, guests are asked what they would like at the event (which we loved). The servers were quick and thorough and everything came out hot. For 55 people. Incredible. Everyone raved about the food and complimented how great those servers were. They looked sharp too! Our wonderful server came to get us every time a course was served. When we were making table rounds, she would come by and say "we need you" so it was easy for us to leave guests politely and quickly so we wouldn't get back to freezing cold food, or worse, nothing at all. Everyone had such a great time, I really feel like our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves, there was dancing the whole night! And for a small crowd, that was pretty incredible. Mary and Donna were professional, hospitable, extremely qualified, and a pleasure to work with. They were right there with us from the start, working hard along the way to make our special day smooth so we could focus on the important part. And we did. Our wedding was so joyous and perfect, I couldn't have hoped for a better evening. Thank you to Mary and Donna and the fantastic team at Jean-Jacques, we are so grateful!

"I will take care of you."

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Kristina S

I came across Jean Jacques through a wedding site and read reviews similar to the ones you are reading. I was impressed by the reviews and clicked "Contact Vendor." The next day I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Mary, the event coordinator. We scheduled a time to meet a few days later. I appreciated Mary's knowledge, professionalism, and expertise from the moment we met. She listened, offered suggestions, took notes, and was thorough. I left the meeting impressed and with Mary's words "I will take care of you" in the back of my mind. I was even more impressed a few days later when I received a hand-written thank you note for taking the time to meet with her. The following factors were very important to us in choosing a caterer: all-inclusive, cost, quality of food, service, and professionalism. Jean Jacques exceed all of our expectations and more. Looking back, Mary and her team stood by her words "I will take care of you." From the last minute decision to have a tent due to the rain, to arriving early the morning of the wedding to work through the new seating chart, they was there every step of the way. They accommodated our special request and were courteous to our vendors. Being a perfectionist and a project manager by trade, at one point of the morning I let go of being attached to the wedding and the details. I was confident Mary and her team were going to take care of us and our guests. It was truly such a blessing to be a guest at our own wedding. The service Mary, Donna, Vinny and their staff provided was second to none. We thank them for making our wedding celebration a dream come true.

Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 5/23/2015 Sunju P

Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations catered our May 9th, 2015, wedding at The Marros Estate in Rye - one of their exclusive venues. The setting, service, decor, and food were all perfect. Mary Scelsi and Donna Sullivan as well as the rest of the Jean-Jacques team were incredibly professional while also carrying, compassionate, and personal throughout the entire planning process and on the day of our wedding. Our guests were raving about how "magical" the setting was and how delicious the food was! We could not have imagined a more perfect outcome. Most weddings have something "go wrong," but we truly did not have a single hitch thanks to the team at Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations! I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or any other special event. You will be well taken care of!

Beautiful Wedding at Marros Estate

Reviewed on 5/16/2015 Kelly A

We held our 140-person wedding ceremony and reception with Jean Jacques at Marros Estate and couldn’t be happier. Mary and Donna were helpful and professional from our first email contact all the way through the planning process and, most importantly, the day of the wedding. We did a food tasting a few months before the wedding and had some comments about the preparation of one dish – they listened to everything we said and the chef changed the preparation to our preferences. Everyone raved about the food! Jean Jacques staff made sure my new husband and I ate during cocktail /reception AND made sure we had a fresh drinks (or water!) in our hand all night. Donna handled the flow of the event the entire day so we didn’t need to worry about anything except enjoying the day. Jean Jacques makes you feel like part of their family and certainly knows how to host an unforgettable wedding.

wedding at Temple Shaaray Tefila

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Danielle B

Jean-Jacques catered my recent wedding on 4/26/15 at Temple Shaaray Tefila in Mount Kisco, NY. I can't say enough good things about Jens (one of the owners), who we primarily worked with, and their team. Jens was very responsive during the planning process, and was extremely flexible with our request for a somewhat non-traditional reception style. We wanted to have a cocktail style event, which he happily and creatively accommodated. Many other caterers were very reluctant to do this. They are full service caterers and really take care of almost everything, from the food, bar (if you want), cake (included), and really helped organize the entire event. They know their locations very well, and really know what they are doing. They food was really excellent, and though we were limited because it was Kosher- style, none of our guests even noticed the absence of pork or shellfish! We got so many compliments on the food. And the cake (chocolate with a ganache frosting) was AMAZING! definitely the best wedding cake I've ever had. The wait staff and bartenders were also excellent. After the ceremony, they took my husband and I to the bridal suite, where they had champagne and food waiting for us. Our waitress repeatedly made sure we were eating (we ate at our wedding!!), and continually refilled our drinks. My only complaints/ suggestions would be that they don't seem very familiar with specific Jewish customs- i.e. we had to bring in our own Challah for the blessing, and they never served it!! Also, the Maitre D was not familiar with Jewish wedding ceremonies and tried to change the seating sides while the wedding party was rehearsing without me (bride's side/ bridesmaids on right, groomsmen on left, which is opposite of Christian tradition), which luckily I (and the Rabbi) knew was incorrect, and changed back to the correct format (phew!) Therefore, if there are things that are very important to you, i.e. specific details like a certain extra liquor, or religious tradition, make sure to remind them a few times before the event. Overall, it was a great experience, and we were so happy with Jean-Jacques and would choose them again!

JJ,The Best Wedding Ever!!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Jean- Jacque Catering for my son’s and daughter in laws wedding which was held at the Scarsdale Woman’s Club. From our first encounter with Mary to the very end of the event, I can only speak words of beauty. Her talents and skills in formulating a magnificent wedding went beyond our expectations. We met Mary for the first time at Scarsdale Women’s Club as she was most gracious in orienting us to the magnificent Rowsley House. While she presented the venue, she gave us subtle hints of how to set up the rooms, what could be provided, and thoughts about flowers as she was answering multiple questions to our satisfaction. While touring the grounds, she made soft suggestions for the potential floor plan for an outdoor ceremony, which would capture the beauty of the estate. She collaborated with the florist and rental companies took care of deliveries, set up, and breaks down, just perfect. The colors of the accent décor complimented and accentuated the colors of the flowers, bridal party, linens etc. The rehearsal Friday night was a carefully coordinated dry run for the following evening, the wedding. Saturday before the wedding everything, once again, was reinforced, not allowing our nerves to interfere with the joy of the occasion. Every detail was reinforced. The cocktail hour was sensational, beautifully laid out, easily accessible, convenient, with NO lines. I highly recommend the raw bar, it was outstanding!!After introductions, dinner was served. The meal was hot, delicious and cooked to perfection. The fillet melted in your mouth, the vegetables cooked to perfection and the pastries were yummy. In summary, Jean Jacque Catering provided an elegant, customized and sophisticated affair in the most beautiful and relaxing atmosphere. Every detail was tended to with care. Throughout the entire night the service was impeccable in an elegant ambiance facilitating a celebratory party. If you asked would we do it all over? The answer is YES but only if we could use Jean- Jacques Catering.

Amazing

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Jessica G

Jean-Jaques is a wonderful venue to work with. they helped my husband and I with every aspect of our wedding not just what they were intended to do. Not only did they listen to uphold all our wishes for our dream wedding they also took the opportunity to express their ideas to make our special day! they have my top recommendations!

Oct 12, 2014 wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Flora-Rica A

Mary and Donna were a pleasure to work with! From the beginning of our planning phase, Mary was very helpful and open-minded to our ideas. She didn't miss a single detail! She was responsive and answered our questions with extreme patience. Donna was awesome on our wedding day. While keeping our timing and schedules in mind, she made sure that the party had a good flow. She also made sure my now-husband and I were attended to. The food was delicious! Everyone kept telling me how much they enjoyed the food! I thank everyone from Jean-Jacques for taking part in our special day.

Mary will take care of you!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Regina B

I knew from the first time I meet with Mary she was the one to help plan our big day. Mary was always responsive, asked the right questions, was very organized. The day was perfect...Mary had briefed Donna on everything and she executed perfectly. JJ has an amazing team! the staff the day of treating each guest like gold, the food was fantastic ( yes thanks to Doris our waitress, we actually ate!) My husband I are already talking the next time we can have a party at the Rowsley Estate:) its a special location, not a wedding factory and just what we were looking for, for our intimate wedding.

Fantastic food and super responsive service

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Tracy G

We decided we didn't want to do a banquet hall for our wedding. While this meant we had our reception a truly unique venue (the Rowsley Estate) I thought it would also mean we'd have a lot more work on our own to do. JJ made everything so easy for us. Mary was incredibly responsive, always so patient with my endless questions (even from my mother!) and accommodated all of our requests for food, set up, etc. Everyone we worked with was so nice and I felt so confident on my wedding day that I had nothing to worry about it. And the food was amazing! I carved out time to eat and so glad that I did - wish I had asked to take home a doggie bag!

Mr and Mrs Karcz-Cadavid

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 linda c

The entire Wedding Team at Jean-Jacques’ made our wedding a huge success and a very special day. They provided us with an excellent quality of service and were extremely attentive and flexible to all our needs. The food was one of a kind. We highly recommend the Jean-Jacques team and thank them for an unforgettable experience.

Great Day by a Great Catering Team

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 luis g

Jean Jacques makes a great team. They went above and beyond to serve our guests on our wedding day which was May 17, 2014. Throughout the whole process from planning to getting contact vendors it was essentially a stress free experience. Thanks to Mary and Donna we were able to contact vendors who had experience with the space and the day went by smooth. Our guest also had arrived a bit early and Mary and Donna here hosting and saying"Not a problem!!"" The food came out without delay and with plenty of drinks that never ran out!! Thank you very much for a remarkable day we will never forget!! Jess and Luis Gonell ..married May 17,2014

Perfect location for a gorgeous Bridal Shower

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Meghan P

What a gorgeous place to hold an event. We had my bridal shower here and it was the perfect backdrop for a beautiful day. The banquet room was perfectly sized and the food was so fresh and delicate, perfect for a summertime event. The service was superb and we couldn't have asked for anything better! We even had our own server as well as coordinator on the day to make sure everything was flawless. Janet, was extremely helpful and so warm. The pastries and cake were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day or venue to host my bridal shower. Thank you Jean-Jacques!

Everything and more!

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Chanelle l

I could not be happier with the way our Wedding went this past June. Mary and Donna were AMAZING! They were always available whenever I had a question, and they got everything perfectly right on our big day. My parents and I were blown away when we pulled up to the Marros Estate. Every detail was exactly as I had asked, and was all ready by the time we arrived by 2pm (Ceremony at 5, Reception at 7). Our wedding was the perfect size for us (with only 65 people making it) made up of our imediate family, and our closest friends. Donna was our Maitre d' and was so smooth during the night. All of our vendors loved her and they too exchanged contact information. She was so calm through everything, and more importantly made my mom and I calm! I have no doubt they could handel a larger event, which is quite common for them. Not only did they get every tiny detail right, the food was great! They had a women in charge for just my husband and I, making sure that we ate every course throughout the night (which we were very pleased with!) We had the Salmon, Filet Mignon, and Chicken, it was so delicious that we even had seconds. I can't express how happy we are with how our day went. I was mentally ready for something to go wrong, and it was flawless. I am so blessed that Mary and Donna were there to comfort me and be there for all of my thousands of questions! They truely are great to work with, and are wedding experts. They can be sure I will be using them for my next big event!

May 2014 Wedding at The James House Mansion

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Ebonette B

Jean-Jacques is one of the few approved caterers for The James House Mansion venue where we held our wedding ceremony and reception in May 2014. Jean-Jacques was completely responsive and attentive to our needs from the moment we inquired about their services, throughout the planning process and up to the day of the wedding. Jean-Jacques assured us that they’ve catered many weddings at the James House and on the day of the wedding it showed. The entire staff did everything to make sure that the ceremony and reception ran smoothly. Our guests loved the venue and loved the food, particularly the passed hors d'oeuvres and the pastries. Jens was a pleasure to work with and always made himself available for questions. We highly recommend Jean-Jacques for your catered event.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 3/18/2014 Melissa K

We had our winter wedding at The Scarsdale Woman's Club catered by Jean-Jacques. The Scarsdale Woman’s Club is a beautiful unique venue for an intimate wedding. I was a little concerned over the size of the ballroom. It seemed kind of small, but we had 90 people at our wedding and it was the perfect size. Jean-Jacques did an amazing job from beginning to end. During the whole process the wedding coordinator Mary was exceptional. She always responded right away to all my questions and was very helpful during the planning process. Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. All our guests loved the food. I think the favorites of the night were the crab cakes, the scallops wrapped in bacon, the salmon mousse and the filet with the horseradish sauce. The food during the cocktail hour was very plentiful. Since, the wedding party had a few more pictures to take the staff brought a plate of the hors d’oeuvres to the bridal suite so we wouldn’t miss out. The only real compliant that my guests had was some thought the entrée portions were a little small; however, everyone said that there was tons of food during the cocktail hour. I would definitely recommend Jean-Jacques for your wedding.

The PERFECT Day

Reviewed on 3/16/2014

From the moment we first met with Mary (the event planner), we knew Jean Jacques was the caterer for us. We wanted to do something that was a little bit different from the "villa barones" of the world, but something still classic and elegant to appease our large Italian family. The first thing that impressed us in the initial consultations was the fact that though they are a "caterer" all of food is prepared on site fresh to order and there is no chance of food being soggy or lukewarm as a result. The choice of venue was a little bit challenging but only because Jean Jacques has such a broad spectrum of beautiful historic locations that they have built rapport with. We selected the Cotillion Ballroom at the Bronxville women's club due to its proximity to the church. We were extremely happy with the service throughout the planning, and the night of we were continually impressed by the attention to detail and all of our guests agreed that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The drinks flowed, the food was delicious, and people are still talking about our cake. The maître d Donna was great as we're the bartenders, key waiters, Doris was awesome... I have only one complaint: that is that it is over!!! If you are a bride on a budget (and you don't want anyone else to know you are) this is the caterer for you. We are so happy with how everything turned out.

October Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Kristen L

My husband and I had our religious ceremony in June and wanted to throw a classy party in October. Jean-Jacques helped us to organize the perfect setting and menu to compliment our vision. Mary was incredible. Her client relationship skills came naturally and made us both feel like she was our personal friend. Not only did she ensure that I felt this was the most important event of the year, she was just as attentive to my husband which is something that I did not see from other wedding organizers. Usually the focus is on the bride, and both my husband and I appreciated her approach. From the first meeting to the final event, Mary kept us on track the entire time. She was available to answer any questions we had and worked to ensure that any special touches we wanted were accommodated. The food...we cant say enough. From the initial tasting to eating leftovers the next day, the food was amazing. Our guests continued to rave about the appetizers, entrees and cupcakes. We were busy socializing and didn't get to enjoy the appetizers or cupcakes, but were kindly 'forced' to sit down for just a minute and eat our entree. So glad we did. The staff packed up any additional appetizers and a couple of extra entrees (last minute cancellations) and we were able to enjoy a nice lunch the next day. Thank you so much Mary and the Jean-Jacques team. We certainly talk you up every chance we get and if we ever need to through a party - maybe a wedding anniversary - you will be our first call.

Party Room

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Anne C

The private party room was set up in a lovely manner. All was beautifully presented and well-organized. The wait staff were experienced and helped us create the various parts of the wedding.

Couldn't have been better!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Melissa Z

Working with Mary and her team at Jean-Jacques was a fantastic part of our whole wedding experience. We had our wedding at The Marros Estate in Rye in September of 2013 and it was amazing! There were so many things we loved about the venue from the sunken garden, to the beautiful stone courtyard, to the grand ballroom. Even without decoration we immediately fell in love with the place on our first visit, and after meeting Mary we knew she was someone that would be great to work with. She really takes care of the couples and extends similar warmth to our families which meant a lot to us. When we arrived the day of the wedding and saw everything set up we were even more blown away. The place looked beautiful, the food was delicious and plentiful, and the wait staff was spectacular. Jeanne was a great help all evening not only to my husband and myself but to our parents as well, and it did not go unnoticed. We got so many compliments on the food and what a unique setting this was, our guests are still raving! The Marros offers couples a place to really bring some personal touches to the venue which was one of the things we loved about the space and set it apart from other venues we looked at. Mary was very open and accommodating to the ideas we had that would bring us into the day. Our guests have been telling us how they saw the two of us in so many of the details of the wedding; truly one of the greatest things to hear about the day. It was all exactly what we pictured. THe day was everything we could have hoped for. We'll always looks back on not only the day, but the whole process with Jean-Jacques with fondness and remember what an outstanding job everyone did to make everything perfect for us. We really couldn't be happier and hopefully our paths will cross again in the future.

Amazing venue, amazing staff

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Gianna S

Mary and her staff are truly top notch. We visited a few venues for our wedding and had a few more planned but they were quickly canceled when we saw Marros. It is a picture perfect setting with a huge reception room and a charming Spanish courtyard. Be sure to see the room decorated! But the true reason we fell in love was Mary (the wedding planner). She was genuine, flexible, accessible, professional and very competent. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect due largely to the extremely professional job done by everyone at Marros. The food was delectable, the drinks plenty and the ambience just perfect.

Carla Fukumori

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

I really enjoyed my wedding day, i didn't have to worry about anything. The service that Jean-Jacques provided was outstanding.Very professional and sweet. the food was great and so was the atmosphere. Everybody is still talking about our wedding,from the food to the service to the venue.If i will have to get marry all over again i will definitely pick Jean-Jacques Culinary creations. THE BEST!! xo

Simply the Best

Reviewed on 8/31/2013

Mary & Jeannette and everyone at Jean - Jacques completely exceeded all of our expectations. Mary made sure the entire planning process went smooth from the first meeting all the way till the last guest left. The venue at Marros Estate was even more impressive in person than in pictures. All of the food was prepared perfectly and we received many compliments from our guest on the quality and selection. The staff was extremely attentive and even was very patient with us as we were trying to time an outdoor ceremony between thunderstorms. We had a wonderful wedding and would highly recommend Jean - Jacques to any couple whose looking for the perfect venue/food/staff.

The Scarsdale Women's Club

Reviewed on 8/28/2013

If you want reliable service and an exquisite cuisine, Jean Jacques' is the caterer for you. They made my wedding experience the best possible and paid attention to all of the details. The staff was welcoming and were willing to work with me and my design. They made my wedding day extra special due to their care and attention.

The one and only !

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Elizaveta K

When me and my fiance decided to get married, i couldn't think of anyone else but Jean-Jacques' to cater our wedding ! I have tasted their wonderful pastries and their food while attending different events at Bronxville Women's Club, and i loved it. We chose the charming Scarsdale Women's Club (also known as the Rowsley Cottage) as our wedding venue and we started working with Mary Scelsi. She was so professional and, most importantly, she understood exactly what we wanted and embraced our ideas adding a few of her own touches, that fit just perfectly ! We were really excited about the wedding cake and when we came to Jean-Jeacques' for a cake tasting, we fell in love with the two cakes that were offered to us and, unable to decide which one we wanted to have, we chose to combine the two flavors together. Many thanks to Jeannette Gabrillargues Chacho and the pastry chefs involved for designing the cake of our dreams ! When the big day came on August 10, 2013, everything went beautifully and it was everything we ever wanted ! We were calm, thanks to Mary Scelsi and our Maitre D' Donna Sullivan, who were so attentive and supportive, and everybody absolutely loved the food and the service ! We encourage anyone who is thinking of having a wedding or any kind of event to consider Jean-Jacques'. It's very hard to find something of this quality and finesse, and after tasting the food and the pastries and meeting the members of their team, you will surely be convinced ! Thank you Mary, Jens, Jeannette and everybody at Jean-Jacques' for making our dream come true ! We will be back for more. Elizaveta Kopelman and Slava Gelfand

TO Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations