Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations

Pleasantville, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Jean-Jacques’ Culinary Creations is a full-service caterer with exclusive venues for weddings in Westchester. Whether at one of our historic mansions and estates or a location of your choice, we are committed to providing the highest quality of service and culinary expertise at an affordable price.

Guest Capacity

Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

468 Bedford Road, Pleasantville, NY

JJ,The Best Wedding Ever!!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Jean- Jacque Catering for my son’s and daughter in laws wedding which was held at the Scarsdale Woman’s Club. From our first encounter with Mary to the very end of the event, I can only speak words of beauty. Her talents and skills in... Read More formulating a magnificent wedding went beyond our expectations. We met Mary for the first time at Scarsdale Women’s Club as she was most gracious in orienting us to the magnificent Rowsley House. While she presented the venue, she gave us subtle hints of how to set up the rooms, what could be provided, and thoughts about flowers as she was answering multiple questions to our satisfaction. While touring the grounds, she made soft suggestions for the potential floor plan for an outdoor ceremony, which would capture the beauty of the estate. She collaborated with the florist and rental companies took care of deliveries, set up, and breaks down, just perfect. The colors of the accent décor complimented and accentuated the colors of the flowers, bridal party, linens etc. The rehearsal Friday night was a carefully coordinated dry run for the following evening, the wedding. Saturday before the wedding everything, once again, was reinforced, not allowing our nerves to interfere with the joy of the occasion. Every detail was reinforced. The cocktail hour was sensational, beautifully laid out, easily accessible, convenient, with NO lines. I highly recommend the raw bar, it was outstanding!!After introductions, dinner was served. The meal was hot, delicious and cooked to perfection. The fillet melted in your mouth, the vegetables cooked to perfection and the pastries were yummy. In summary, Jean Jacque Catering provided an elegant, customized and sophisticated affair in the most beautiful and relaxing atmosphere. Every detail was tended to with care. Throughout the entire night the service was impeccable in an elegant ambiance facilitating a celebratory party. If you asked would we do it all over? The answer is YES but only if we could use Jean- Jacques Catering.

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 kathie d

Our wedding reception was at our house which presented many challenges! From my first telephone conversation with Jens from Jean- Jacques' Culinary Creations I knew we would hire them, and I'm really glad we did. This is a very experienced, professional company that tells you... Read More exactly what they will do for you and then more than carries through. We met for a tasting which was fabulous as well as fun. Jens took a lot of time with us explaining the food choices and answered all the bride and groom's questions as well as mine. This just solidified our decision. The food was so good we didn't want to leave! The day of the wedding was frenetic but Jens' staff arrived early and set everything up for us in a well practiced, highly competent manner. They brought an air of much need calm with them! The maitre'd was beyond fantastic. She coordinated everything superbly, always anticipating what needed to be done. She made sure there were NO problems, not one. Many of our guests commented on how well she orchestrated everything. One example is, that since we were having a buffet I had been worried about the dreaded line forming for the food, but she efficiently went to each table, one at a time, to ask them to go up to the buffet. It was seamless. The bartender was just wonderful and the wait staff was well presented and polite. They really added an air of elegance to the entire occasion. I can't say too many good things about JJCC. They were excellent in every way and really made the wedding a night to remember! Many of our guests asked who they were because they were so impressed. Finally, I do think with a home reception, and all the challenges that that presents that no one could have done a better job. It was not an easy venue for them and yet they excelled. I am so grateful that we found Jean-Jacques Catering. From now on, any large party that I might have, will involve them!

Could not be happier!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

We held our wedding reception here in August and everything was absolutely perfect. We could not be happier with the service, the food, or the venue itself. Our coordinator Mary was amazing throughout the whole process. We had a few special requests and Mary and her staff... Read More were thoroughly accommodating. The food was excellent, and plentiful. The cake was incredible. The staff was efficient and super friendly. Everything that was promised was delivered. The venue itself is amazing. You have the whole place to yourselves, so its only your people. No other weddings going on. The main hall is well sized and feels intimate. For reference, we had 70 guests and the proportions of the room worked well. The rooms of the estate are all decorated interestingly, leading to some great photo opportunities. The grounds are beautiful in the summer. Amazing place. We're trying to manufacture an excuse to throw another party here. A most sincere thank you to Mary, Jeannette, Donna and the whole team for making our wedding day truly special!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

My sister and I threw a bridal shower for our younger sister at Jean Jacques in Pleasantville on 4/9/16. Jean-Jacques exceeded our expectations. Not only was the venue affordable but The staff was friendly and very helpful, and our guests raved about the food. If you're... Read More searching for a venue to throw a bridal shower or small party Jean-Jacques is the place.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016

Although our event was an engagement party and not a wedding (we will be holding that big-day out-of-town!) Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations gave us an amazing evening to remember. The food was delicious, the service attentive and the cake, well, the celebratory cake was... Read More heavenly. As the Mother-of-the-Bride I chose Jean-Jacques' because of its stellar reputation - one that is well earned. The event ran seamlessly and guests were singing the praises of this great party spot. In fact, I am in the midst of hiring Jean Jaques' as our on-site caterer for my son's upcoming graduation party. Looking forward to another great experience!

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Christina K

My husband and I were married in March 2016 at Scarsdale Woman’s Club. From our initial phone conversations and meetings with Mary Scelsi, we couldn’t have felt that we were in better hands. Now where do I start?! Plain and simple – Mary and her daughter, Donna Sullivan, are... Read More class acts. From the get-go, Mary was professional, candid, and extremely helpful. My husband and I had specific ideas in mind in terms of reception format, food preferences, and aesthetics, and Mary helped us achieve what we were looking for. We strayed away from a typical wedding menu, and Mary and her team planned and executed an amazing menu that was tasty and different. We felt like Mary and Donna really took care of us in the months leading up to our big day, which is so important when planning a wedding. We enjoyed our ceremony and reception and, thanks to Mary and Donna, we didn’t have to worry about a thing! Meticulous attention to detail, professional, extremely pleasant, responsive. 10/10 would recommend. A+++ Can’t wait to work with them again.

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Alexandra S

Our wedding was in August 2015 at the Marros Estate in Rye. We loved the venue, especially since we got married at the church next door. Jean-Jacques' was the preferred caterer, and we were planning the event from 3,000 miles away, so it was by default that we selected them. We... Read More were not able to taste food before booking, and while the tasting went well, we were ultimately dissatisfied with several aspects of the actual event. Pre-planning went decently well, however Mary, while nice, does not email (which can be particularly difficult to deal with if you live in a different time zone). I also was repeating myself a lot; every time we talked to Mary, I had to go over everything again as if she wasn't keeping track of the details. I was able to make appointments to taste the cake and see sample linens (even though these were ordered through the caterer, I had to schedule the appointments myself and Mary was not involved). The tasting with the caterer went pretty well. We were able to request some specific items from the menu be made, since we were considering them for the big day. The lamb shanks were large and perfectly cooked. While we did not try the filet mignon, we saw it presented to neighboring tables, and it looked perfectly medium-rare. The fish dish we tried was obviously a pre-made frozen entree, and tasted horrible. We opted for a chicken dish on our final menu, which was good. The bakery for the cake tasting was less glamorous than we had expected. The cake was served on styrofoam plates and service was gruff. The cake was just ok and nothing special, but was included with the cost and adequate enough to not pay separately for an upgrade. The week of the event we went over the menu in detail again with Mary, along with all the decor, the cake, and other items. The Thursday before the wedding, we dropped off a number of items while they were setting up. Upon arriving, we noticed the linens were horribly wrinkled. We brought this up, but were told they'd fall out. The next day we returned, and the linens still looked terrible. I called Mary and she told me it was "too late" to do anything. I complained since I had mentioned it the day before, and finally they agreed to bring in all new linens. On the day, the cocktail hour food was great. We had the raw bar, and people raved. The special salad that we requested for dinner, however, was not made properly and was embarrasingly small. The meat was all either overdone (filet) or tough (lamb). The pasta was also underseasoned, even after requesting in advance that it be salted more. Clearly they can cook much better for the tasting than for 140 people. They also served cheap off-brand liquor at 3 of the 4 bars after we paid for "premium" open bar and 2 hours of OT. Finally, they only served one flavor of cake even though we had ordered 2. On the Monday following the wedding, I contacted Mary with a list of our complaints, and instead of apologizing because we weren't happy, she became very defensive and claimed that none of what I said was true. She even said that we never ordered 2 flavors of cake, even though it was on the menu, we discussed it multiple times, and the bakery confirmed it. (And, I saw the off-brand alcohol myself and guests were told to go to a different bar for certain brands). Don't book with them if you're looking for honest value and someone to care about details. Food is just so-so, don't be fooled by the tasting. If you're a foodie, definitely look elsewhere.

Fabulous from start to finish!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Megan S

We knew the caterer would be the second biggest decision we'd need to make regarding our wedding, and were not disappointed in the least by Jean-Jacques. From our very first tasting to the wedding day, everything went smoothly. Jens and his team are utmost professionals and are... Read More worth every penny. It was an extra hot July outdoor wedding, so our cake melted a bit. Immediately, Jens offered to make us a replacement cake to use for our anniversary tier. We cannot say enough positive things about this company. Our guests raved (some of whom are VERY particular) and many said it was the best food they'd ever tasted. Run, don't walk, to Jean-Jacques and hire them for your next event!

Mary and Jean Jacques Are Amazing

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

My wife and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Scarsdale Women's Club this September. Jean Jacques far exceeded our high expectations. Mary was our event coordinator and during the eleven months that we worked with her she was accommodating and professional. A couple of... Read More examples of this: my wife and I requested Indian hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour. My wife and I suggested a restaurant, and some items we were interested in, and that was that. On the day of our wedding rain was forecasted, and Mary was extremely flexible with the plan to have the ceremony outdoors. A few hours before the wedding we decided to take the chance and set up outside. We got very lucky, and about five minutes after the outdoor ceremony it started raining torrentially. The evening went off without a hitch, and all of our guests had a great time. Planning a wedding can seem like a daunting task at the outset, and my wife and I are very happy that Mary was on our team throughout the process. We highly recommend Jean Jacques Catering.

June 2015 wedding Westchester County

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

If you want your wedding event to be as stress- less as possible, look no further than Jean Jacque in Pleasantville, NY. All we have are the best memories of an event that was perfectly tailored to our requests of both the bride and groom and the families needs. Executed with... Read More professionalism and great style our guests raved about the food and service. Jean-Jacque and crew live up to their reputation as winners for five consecutive years as Best of Wedding by the Knot.

Perfect wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Roman B

Jean-Jacques exceeded our expectations and created a day we will remember forever

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jacqueline V

The Scarsdale Women's Club (Jean Jaques) The Rowsley Estate: We were happily married at The Rowsley 1 month ago and we are still talking about it. It was such a great success, throughout the night many of our guests stopped us to say it was the greatest wedding they have been... Read More to. And they meant it! The food was amazingly delicious. We went with the smaller food option and everyone was stuffed. The drinks were plentiful and they made our signature drink extra tasty. But most helpful was the hard work and dedication of Mary, the wedding coordinator. How to describe Mary...? Lets just say- she's got you. She's on point from your fist tour to the big day. She has all the answers to your questions because she has already anticipated it. She is honest and dedicated which translates to a fun and easy experience for the couple. The Rowsley is a great value for all of the attention, service and really great food! You will have the perfect wedding here!

Jean- Jacques Wedding Services Review

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Darnel A

There are so many good things to say about Jean- Jaques’ contribution to our wedding. It started with Mary and Donna, who from the start felt like close friends we wanted as guests. The entire wait staff was professional and courteous. We expected that of the older wait... Read More staff, but even the younger members made us feel that this was a special night. The food easily exceeded our expectations— and we’re used to eating in good New York City restaurants. The Rowsley Estate as a venue was a perfect fit for our size, and gave the whole evening a welcome feeling we could not have achieved in a wedding factory or a restaurant. Darnel and Bob.

Booking Jean-Jaques' Was The Best Decision Ever!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Dena V

I wish I could attach a picture of The Rowsley Estate from the day of our wedding to show you how beautiful the venue is! Mary & Donna were amazing! They were on top of everything, they were there whenever we needed them and the day of they helped make everything run perfectly!... Read More The food was out of this world! Everything was fresh- made to order, not frozen and sent to the venue. Everyone is super nice and patient (as everyone knows how stressful planning a wedding can be!). It's been over a month now and my guests are still telling me how beautiful and delicious everything was! I have nothing but the highest regard for this company and it's wonderful staff!! If Mary or Donna is reading this right now- THANK YOU, LADIES!!! Love, Dena & Hal (6.13.2015)

Beautifully Executed Event at Bronxville Women's Club

Reviewed on 7/03/2015

Our thoughtful daughter made all the decisions for her wedding. After careful consideration she selected Jean Jacques' for the whole package they provided. Her guidance to us, her dad and I, was to have fun, enjoy the whole day, help the bride and groom entertain and host. How... Read More could we not exude pride at the bride and groom, and their party's outcome. The event was beautiful from beginning to end. The venue romantic, and the fare delicious. She was guided masterfully through the multitude of decisions with special touches recommended to make it very personal for their day's plans by Mary, Jean Jacques' planner. Under the truly expert direction of the attentive and descrete maitre d'es, the JJ staff ensured that all day, from early arrivals to departures, reception, dinner, after cake special desserts, that the festivities ran smoothly and all were welcomed. JJ orchestration made sure there was no moment of confusion, no feeling of stress, no drama. Just invisible facilitation when needed. Our guests mentioned how welcoming all were, and at the end left they with a feeling of an easy and elegance affair, and much warmth. Every waiter helped make the guests feel like they were honored guests. The bride and groom were thrilled at their special attention and their day. Nothing went unnoticed as they helped us navigate this very memorable day for 100 guests.

Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 5/23/2015 Sunju P

Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations catered our May 9th, 2015, wedding at The Marros Estate in Rye - one of their exclusive venues. The setting, service, decor, and food were all perfect. Mary Scelsi and Donna Sullivan as well as the rest of the Jean-Jacques team were incredibly... Read More professional while also carrying, compassionate, and personal throughout the entire planning process and on the day of our wedding. Our guests were raving about how "magical" the setting was and how delicious the food was! We could not have imagined a more perfect outcome. Most weddings have something "go wrong," but we truly did not have a single hitch thanks to the team at Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations! I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or any other special event. You will be well taken care of!

Beautiful Wedding at Marros Estate

Reviewed on 5/16/2015 Kelly A

We held our 140-person wedding ceremony and reception with Jean Jacques at Marros Estate and couldn’t be happier. Mary and Donna were helpful and professional from our first email contact all the way through the planning process and, most importantly, the day of the wedding. We... Read More did a food tasting a few months before the wedding and had some comments about the preparation of one dish – they listened to everything we said and the chef changed the preparation to our preferences. Everyone raved about the food! Jean Jacques staff made sure my new husband and I ate during cocktail /reception AND made sure we had a fresh drinks (or water!) in our hand all night. Donna handled the flow of the event the entire day so we didn’t need to worry about anything except enjoying the day. Jean Jacques makes you feel like part of their family and certainly knows how to host an unforgettable wedding.

wedding at Temple Shaaray Tefila

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Danielle B

Jean-Jacques catered my recent wedding on 4/26/15 at Temple Shaaray Tefila in Mount Kisco, NY. I can't say enough good things about Jens (one of the owners), who we primarily worked with, and their team. Jens was very responsive during the planning process, and was extremely... Read More flexible with our request for a somewhat non-traditional reception style. We wanted to have a cocktail style event, which he happily and creatively accommodated. Many other caterers were very reluctant to do this. They are full service caterers and really take care of almost everything, from the food, bar (if you want), cake (included), and really helped organize the entire event. They know their locations very well, and really know what they are doing. They food was really excellent, and though we were limited because it was Kosher- style, none of our guests even noticed the absence of pork or shellfish! We got so many compliments on the food. And the cake (chocolate with a ganache frosting) was AMAZING! definitely the best wedding cake I've ever had. The wait staff and bartenders were also excellent. After the ceremony, they took my husband and I to the bridal suite, where they had champagne and food waiting for us. Our waitress repeatedly made sure we were eating (we ate at our wedding!!), and continually refilled our drinks. My only complaints/ suggestions would be that they don't seem very familiar with specific Jewish customs- i.e. we had to bring in our own Challah for the blessing, and they never served it!! Also, the Maitre D was not familiar with Jewish wedding ceremonies and tried to change the seating sides while the wedding party was rehearsing without me (bride's side/ bridesmaids on right, groomsmen on left, which is opposite of Christian tradition), which luckily I (and the Rabbi) knew was incorrect, and changed back to the correct format (phew!) Therefore, if there are things that are very important to you, i.e. specific details like a certain extra liquor, or religious tradition, make sure to remind them a few times before the event. Overall, it was a great experience, and we were so happy with Jean-Jacques and would choose them again!

Amazing

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Jessica G

Jean-Jaques is a wonderful venue to work with. they helped my husband and I with every aspect of our wedding not just what they were intended to do. Not only did they listen to uphold all our wishes for our dream wedding they also took the opportunity to express their ideas to... Read More make our special day! they have my top recommendations!

Our wedding was perfect! Better than I imagined!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Hali L

Our wedding was perfect. It was the most beautiful and lovely experience, even better than I had imagined it! The wedding was at the Rowsley Estate, around 55 people. Mary worked with us closely to create the wedding we wanted; she was accommodating and so sweet the entire time... Read More we worked together, we adored her from the start. She was so easy to talk to, we really felt like she listened to our ideas with consideration and purpose and everything came together so nicely. We had originally planned to do the ceremony under the 480 year old white oak tree out front, which is stunning, but during the rehearsal the night before it was muggy and hot, so we moved it into the dining room. On short notice, the entire look of the ceremony changed, and it couldn't have worked out better. With 55 guests in a dining room, it could have felt cramped, but it was absolutely not, it was so intimate and charming, I couldn't believe it. When I walked down the aisle, I felt the presence and could see the smiles of all the most important people in mine and my husband's life. And the entire house has such great character, it was just lovely. I had made a garland to drape over the branches of the tree but since the ceremony was moved indoors, Donna helped me hang it over the window in the dining room and it looked great! Donna was incredible, she made sure we didn't have to worry about anything the entire night. She eased stress and encouraged excitement! When I first got there, she took me around the reception tables to make sure everything was perfect, and it was, I was breathless when I walked in; she helped coordinate and problem solve all the last minute craziness; she brought us a drink after our ceremony so we could celebrate with each other before we got back to the crowd; she even took care of some overly "celebratory" guests without us even knowing. We probably would have completely missed the hor d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour had she not brought us multiple trays so we could not only taste everything, but get something in our stomachs. My husband and I have both spent a lot of time working in restaurants, and feel qualified to say that the servers were fantastic. Jean-Jacques does not do a pre-ordered meal, guests are asked what they would like at the event (which we loved). The servers were quick and thorough and everything came out hot. For 55 people. Incredible. Everyone raved about the food and complimented how great those servers were. They looked sharp too! Our wonderful server came to get us every time a course was served. When we were making table rounds, she would come by and say "we need you" so it was easy for us to leave guests politely and quickly so we wouldn't get back to freezing cold food, or worse, nothing at all. Everyone had such a great time, I really feel like our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves, there was dancing the whole night! And for a small crowd, that was pretty incredible. Mary and Donna were professional, hospitable, extremely qualified, and a pleasure to work with. They were right there with us from the start, working hard along the way to make our special day smooth so we could focus on the important part. And we did. Our wedding was so joyous and perfect, I couldn't have hoped for a better evening. Thank you to Mary and Donna and the fantastic team at Jean-Jacques, we are so grateful!

Oct 12, 2014 wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Flora-Rica A

Mary and Donna were a pleasure to work with! From the beginning of our planning phase, Mary was very helpful and open-minded to our ideas. She didn't miss a single detail! She was responsive and answered our questions with extreme patience. Donna was awesome on our wedding day.... Read More While keeping our timing and schedules in mind, she made sure that the party had a good flow. She also made sure my now-husband and I were attended to. The food was delicious! Everyone kept telling me how much they enjoyed the food! I thank everyone from Jean-Jacques for taking part in our special day.

Mary will take care of you!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Regina B

I knew from the first time I meet with Mary she was the one to help plan our big day. Mary was always responsive, asked the right questions, was very organized. The day was perfect...Mary had briefed Donna on everything and she executed perfectly. JJ has an amazing team! the... Read More staff the day of treating each guest like gold, the food was fantastic ( yes thanks to Doris our waitress, we actually ate!) My husband I are already talking the next time we can have a party at the Rowsley Estate:) its a special location, not a wedding factory and just what we were looking for, for our intimate wedding.

Fantastic food and super responsive service

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Tracy G

We decided we didn't want to do a banquet hall for our wedding. While this meant we had our reception a truly unique venue (the Rowsley Estate) I thought it would also mean we'd have a lot more work on our own to do. JJ made everything so easy for us. Mary was incredibly... Read More responsive, always so patient with my endless questions (even from my mother!) and accommodated all of our requests for food, set up, etc. Everyone we worked with was so nice and I felt so confident on my wedding day that I had nothing to worry about it. And the food was amazing! I carved out time to eat and so glad that I did - wish I had asked to take home a doggie bag!

Mr and Mrs Karcz-Cadavid

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 linda c

The entire Wedding Team at Jean-Jacques’ made our wedding a huge success and a very special day. They provided us with an excellent quality of service and were extremely attentive and flexible to all our needs. The food was one of a kind. We highly recommend the Jean-Jacques... Read More team and thank them for an unforgettable experience.

"I will take care of you."

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Kristina S

I came across Jean Jacques through a wedding site and read reviews similar to the ones you are reading. I was impressed by the reviews and clicked "Contact Vendor." The next day I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Mary, the event coordinator. We scheduled a... Read More time to meet a few days later. I appreciated Mary's knowledge, professionalism, and expertise from the moment we met. She listened, offered suggestions, took notes, and was thorough. I left the meeting impressed and with Mary's words "I will take care of you" in the back of my mind. I was even more impressed a few days later when I received a hand-written thank you note for taking the time to meet with her. The following factors were very important to us in choosing a caterer: all-inclusive, cost, quality of food, service, and professionalism. Jean Jacques exceed all of our expectations and more. Looking back, Mary and her team stood by her words "I will take care of you." From the last minute decision to have a tent due to the rain, to arriving early the morning of the wedding to work through the new seating chart, they was there every step of the way. They accommodated our special request and were courteous to our vendors. Being a perfectionist and a project manager by trade, at one point of the morning I let go of being attached to the wedding and the details. I was confident Mary and her team were going to take care of us and our guests. It was truly such a blessing to be a guest at our own wedding. The service Mary, Donna, Vinny and their staff provided was second to none. We thank them for making our wedding celebration a dream come true.