Jeddah Vailakis, Elegant & Heartfelt Ceremonies

Serving the NY Metro Area

Jeddah Vailakis, Elegant & Heartfelt Ceremonies

Congratulations on your decision to marry! Your wedding day will be one of the most significant and joyous days of your life and the journey leading up to it is filled with excitement as well as challenges. It would be my honor to guide you through this inner journey - the journey of the heart so

Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

Serving the NY Metro Area, New York, NY Serving the NY Metro Area (917) 319-9303

An Incredible Wedding Ceremony

Reviewed on 11/15/2013 Lauren R

In our quest to find a sensitive, funny, well-spoken, (perhaps even cool?) officiant to marry us, my fiance and I had nearly given up.  It seemed an impossible task! Then we found Jeddah.   Jeddah is a miracle ~ a beautiful, warm, graceful woman with a wonderful sense of... Read More humour and deeply spiritual mind.  Now, there are many people out there willing to marry you, but a rare few will go to such lengths to really understand your story, your personalities, your vision for your wedding.  Jeddah went to all these lengths and more.  She was able to very skillfully weave together a ceremony that moved all of our guests, from the youngest cousin to the wisest grandparent, and everyone in between.  The ceremony was personal, cheerful, thought-provoking, and completely unique. When Jeddah speaks, she warms even the coldest hearts.  I swear i even saw tears in the eyes of the hotel staff!  Many, many guests told us it was the best ceremony they’d ever attended.   Time has passed, and long after the cake is eaten and the flowers have wilted, that incredible ceremony continues to live on as a source of joy for me and my husband.  It launched our lives together in a perfect, glorious moment... and that is truly a priceless thing.   Hire Jeddah.  After marrying the man of your dreams, it will be the best decision you make.

Dan

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Dan F

Reverend Jeddah lives up to all her reviews. I am the owner/director of The Upper Crust, Catering & Events in New York City. I recently married my partner of some 32 years this past June. When looking for our officiant we went to the person that so many of our clients have... Read More raved about, Reverend Jeddah. Oh my goodness...what a wonderful experience. I had heard that she was good, but, oh my! We were calmly and warmly led us through the experience of creating and celebrating our marriage. She actually married us twice, once at a small ceremony in New York City and 2 days later at the larger celebration (185 guests) at our home in Pennsylvania. We were startled that each ceremony was separately crafted. Each was heartfelt and spoke to the group assembled. I cannot tell you how many people told us it was the most beautiful and compelling wedding ceremony they had ever been to. She wound us and the attending community in spirit of love. Everyone said they saw the love and respect we shared and the love we felt for all attending. Everyone felt included in this process. And this was because of the kindness, intelligence and love that Reverend Jeddah brought to our celebration.

Beautiful Jeddah!

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Nicole C

Oh my, were we completely certain that we had found our minister after our first meeting with Jeddah. She completely "got" us and we felt a strong connection, something that had been lacking in our meetings with many other officiants. Her words reminded us just what all of this... Read More planning was about and truly changed how we went forth from there. All 3 of us shed tears during that first meeting. We rearranged our entire timeline for the day in order to have her there with us. On the day of, she arrived early and was a source of calm for my loved ones and for Adam and I. There were tears of love and joy throughout the ceremony and much laughter. She helped us choose a beautiful water ritual, which she had actually designed herself. She was genuine, tender, poetic, calming and brought a lot of light into our lives and into our day. I truly hope our paths continue to cross and I am so glad that she was able to contribute to our day. Jeddah is a special soul who we feel very grateful to have met.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Andrew A

A wonderful personalized ceremony. Jeddah was patient and acommodating. She really took the time to understand our relationship and even bring my wife and I to a deeper level of love and commitment.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brett C

Jeddah was a dream to work with for our recent NYC wedding. She truly captured the romantic and genuine tone we were striving for in our wedding ceremony, eloquently telling our love story and helping us through the wedding process. She took the time to meet with my wife and I... Read More over multiple phone calls and in person meetings to understand our love - which she did an incredible job of translating to our wedding of 180 guests. I couldn't say more positive things about Jeddah and her process - would highly recommend her as an officiant and look forward to keeping in touch with her over the course of our marriage.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Joe S

Jeddah was a pleasure to work with throughout our entire wedding planning (and having) experience! She was kind, had a wonderful personality, and took the time to get to know my wife and I. She was responsive to emails, provided materials that helped get the most out of us and... Read More build the ceremony, and she also provided feedback on our self-written vows, which was extremely helpful. She was great just before the ceremony, helping to center us, and then she was exceptional during the ceremony. Even as a few cell phones went off, she kept her cool. She was also great after the ceremony, wrapping things up and being a professional all the way through. We would highly recommend Jeddah to any other couple looking to work with a professional, kind, caring, and all around wonderful person! She will not let you down! - Joe & Beckie

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Catherine H

Jeddah is the best!!! She has such a warm and friendly personality that calms us down during our wedding preparation process. She went above and beyond to understand our love story and incorporate them into our wedding ceremony. She added so many customized personal touches to... Read More our wedding ceremony and all of our guests are impressed by her and said this was the best wedding ceremony ever! I couldn't say enough thank you to Jeddah and I am so happy to have Jeddah be our officiant on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Lisa T

Stop looking for your minister, Jeddah is your one! For any couple interested in a ceremony routed in spiritual and love, Jeddah is the perfect match. Jeddah was a dream to work with from the initial meeting to giving specific guidance on how to structure the ceremony. Jeddah... Read More gave great recommendation on how to structure our wedding -- where we wanted a mix of scriptures and spirituality. Jeddah was great at providing ideas on readings as well as for our vows. All the items she shared were easy to reference and perfect to take to build the perfect ceremony for us. Additionally, Jeddah was very supportive during hectic times leading up to the wedding where she gave detailed ways to streamline the day. Jeddah was EXTREMELY calming days leading into the ceremony where I can't think of not having her by our side. I can't recommend Jeddah more and I would absolutely have her for future services (ie. spiritual counselor) . Guests continue to compliment the ceremony and were blown away at how things flowed. I very much encourage speaking, calling Jeddah in your research as she's absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Anna O

Jeddah is incredible! She made our ceremony more special and personal than we could have ever imagined. We got SO many comments about how touching the ceremony was and it was all thanks to Jeddah! We highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Michelle W

What an amazing woman! Jeddah was the perfect officiant for our special day. She listened to our needs and delivered exactly what we were hoping for. People raved about how sincere and touching our ceremony was, and we couldn't agree more! Such a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Bridget O

Jeddah performed my wedding ceremony earlier this month to absolute perfection! I was raised Roman Catholic and my now husband identifies with various religions but that really doesn't matter - all we knew going into planning is that we wanted a meaningful ceremony for us that... Read More wasn't too long, and Jeddah exceeded our expectations! Not only was the ceremony extremely meaningful, she incorporated direct quotes from both the groom and I that we had no clue about. She genuinely took the time to get to know us and to ensure that she was delivering on our exact wants. Our guests raved about her and the ceremony overall, so I know it wasn't just us who enjoyed it (even though that's really all that matters!) Thank you , Jeddah! We will cherish for lifetimes to come!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Kelsey A

We are so grateful we found Jeddah! What struck us about Jeddah from the moment we met was her genuine love for love. She clearly cares deeply about her work and the people she works with, and that authenticity shines through in her words. We really wanted to make our ceremony... Read More meaningful, and it was very important to us to find the right person to make that happen. From the start, Jeddah was a great listener with a true interest in our relationship, and we felt like we could trust her with our story. We are so happy with our decision; the ceremony ended up being one of the most special parts of our day for us. Our guests were also very moved, thanks to Jeddah. We thank Jeddah for being such an important part of our day, a warm and compassionate presence, and for helping us stay present to each other throughout the whole process. We will definitely be recommending Jeddah!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Marissa B

Words cannot describe how thankful we are that we found Jeddah! She was the missing link to our blended American Greek wedding and worked above and beyond to create a ceremony that was intimate and personal for me and my husband. Her guidance, spirituality and customization... Read More gave us a ceremony beyond our greatest expectations! She challenged us to think about our marriage, what it meant to us, and the reasons why we chose one another as life partners. I can recommend Jeddah without any hesitation. You'll be 200% satisfied with Jeddah as your officiant. She will always have a special place in our hearts.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 jacqueline K

Jeddah is amazing! She is the warmest person you will ever meet and exudes so much positive energy and love, it was such an honor to share our lives with Jeddah. From the moment we first talked to and met Jeddah, you could tell that she is not only knowledgeable but truly loves... Read More what she does. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Jeddah was especially helpful to both my husband and I in completing our vows and easing our nerves. The questionnaire she asked us to complete really enabled us to reflect on our relationship in a multifaceted way and truly helped us prepare emotionally and mentally for our wedding day. The ceremony she crafted was absolutely perfect - heartfelt, authentic, warm, engaging, and truly gave our guests an insight into our lives, our love and why we were getting married. It set the tone for our entire wedding night and so many of our guests commented on how wonderful the ceremony was, even other vendors! We cannot recommend or thank Jeddah enough!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Loren H

Where can I even start? Jeddah has now married my husband and I, as well as my sister and brother in law. She is part of our family, and an integral part of why our ceremony was so beautiful. We wanted to have a non-religious ceremony that even religious friends and family could... Read More enjoy, and she did exactly that. Jeddah captured the essence of my relationship with my husband, and expressed it beautifully to our guests. She was helpful with reading and ritual selections, and was there every step of the way. We 110% recommend using Jeddah to officiate your ceremony.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Amiran B

My wife and I loved working with Jeddah. She is sweet, caring, and very thoughtful. She made our ceremony very heartfelt and pleasant. She surprised us with the depth of her knowledge of cultural nuances, something that was a very nice addition to our ceremony.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Alison P

Jeddah was a dream to work with. Shs helped us to create the most beautiful ceremony that we will remember so fondly for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Emily S

I must admit, I had put all of my time and attention into finding a venue, photographer, DJ, the perfect dress, hair and makeup artist etc., and had given very little thought about who would officiate our wedding (embarrassing but true!). Less than six weeks before our wedding... Read More I was scrambling to find someone. I thank my lucky stars that I came across Jeddah's name and that she was available! We had phone calls with a few different officiants but as soon as I spoke with Jeddah I knew it was she was who I wanted to marry us. When we met her person, it only affirmed my initial feeling. She exudes warmth and love, and has a great sense of humor as well! From that meeting forward my priorities shifted. After speaking at length with her and answering questions from an absolutely brilliant questionnaire she created, both my husband and I were able to articulate with what was most important to us on our wedding day. She really listened to what we wanted and created a beautiful ceremony that was far beyond our expectations. Our guests were also truly moved by how heartfelt and genuine our ceremony was. I've lost count of how many of them have told me how beautiful and enjoyable it was. They were clearly enamored with her as well! We can not recommend Jeddah highly enough. The amount of care and attention she will put into your ceremony is beyond what you can even imagine! She's absolutely wonderful and a joy to work with! In closing I'd like to share the email I sent to Jeddah a few days after our wedding: Dear Jeddah, Thank you so much for making our wedding ceremony so very special! Our guests made a point to tell us just how much they enjoyed, and were truly moved by our Ceremony. How heartfelt and genuine it was. And how wonderful you were! We are so grateful to you for putting so much care and attention in preparing for, and helping us to prepare for it. The whole experience was really special for us. You brought such a beautiful combination of warmth, tenderness, humor, and intimacy to it that was truly magical! We are so happy that we found you and can't recommend you enough! I will send pictures of the ceremony when we get them. Sending a big hug and much love, Emily and William

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Eric G

Jeddah was such a delight to work with. She had a process for helping us create the perfect ceremony and from the very start we felt that we were in good hands. In the end we had a beautiful ceremony that fit our personal style. We were able to express our love and commitment... Read More and feel the support from our friends and family in our small ceremony. Jeddah's steady guidance was the scaffold for building our perfect ceremony and her presence as our officiant was impeccable and poised. We can't express enough how much our appreciation!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Vickie S

My wife Maria and I both felt that Jeddah was one of the highlights of our wedding, and we could not have picked a better person to marry us. Her genuine passion for her work came shining through from the first day we spoke to her about our wedding plans. Her warmth and... Read More generosity, combined with her deep experience was just what we needed as she coached us through the process of creating our ceremony and writing our vows. It began with a very well thought-out questionnaire she asked us to complete for her that allowed her to get to know us as people, and as a couple, while at the same pushing us to think deeply about why we were getting married, and what we wanted the ceremony to REALLY be about. She also helped us figure out logistics and practical items we might not have ever even thought about (example: make sure you take 10-15 minutes alone with your partner in a private space immediately following the ceremony before getting swept up in the larger group celebration so you can really absorb the profoundness of having just gotten married!) Best of all, Jeddah was clearly speaking from her own heart, and very much channeling ours, as she conducted the ceremony, moving both of us and our family and friends to tears at numerous points during the ceremony. Thank you Jeddah for making this day truly special for us!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Maria G

Jeddah was the highlight of our wedding and turned out to be the most important part of our whole day! She took the time weeks before the ceremony guiding us on an internal journey in the way of thoughtfully crafting a questionnaire that allowed us to take a journey neither of... Read More us could have imagined. Her warmth and presence was like nothing I have ever experienced. She had complete control of the mood and the flow- remembering everything we previously discussed- even invoking references to our love story, carefully weaving it info her minister's address. What a total gift she is! If you get the chance to find her available for your wedding- don't hesitate! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Ethan R

Jeddah was our amazing officiant for our wedding. My wife is Catholic and I am Jewish. While we did not want a religious ceremony, we did want someone who could capture the spirituality of such a momentous event, as well as highlight the important cultural aspects. Jeddah was... Read More extremely easy to work with, accommodating our busy lifestyles, coming all the way down to NYC to meet with us in person, as well as numerous e-mails and phone calls. Jeddah was clear and up front about her entire process, and delivered in spades. She worked with us to help craft a ceremony that we wanted to share with friends and family, creating a day we will never forget!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Paul H

Jaddah played a huge part in making my our day so special. From the Skypes beforehand (we're from Australia) to the many emails re our plans, to finally meeting this lovely lady outside The Dakota building, Jeddah delighted is with her humour, softness, helpfulness and kindness.... Read More She was serious and light at all the right times and put a great deal of thought and energy into our ceremony. She's beautifully presented too, a really classy lady and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016

Jeddah, where can I begin to describe the care and thought that she put into our ceremony. Her process for crafting a once in a lifetime event from the very beginning has been an absolute pleasure. She immediately made my wife and I feel comfortable and confident to where we... Read More were able to open up and share personal and intimate details of our relationship in order to forge such a personal and memorable experience. She continued to work with us up until the very minute we were hand in hand exchanging vows. She was open to our wishes and offered suggestions based off our personal interests and taste making sure to always keep our dream experience as the end result. Jeddah has a very warm, open, and nurturing personality, she not only was our officiant, but easily she became just an important and personal part of our small ceremony as our other wedding guests. I will always have a special place in my heart for Jeddah, and I would happily recommend her to anyone looking for a personal and genuine once in a lifetime experience.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lisa E

Jeddah was the best decision we could have ever made as our officiant. She created the perfect mix of a spiritual, yet non-religious ceremony that truly felt like us. She took the time to talk to us on the phone and meet with us at a coffee shop to get to know us and really... Read More tailor the ceremony to us. She asked us about words and ideas that we feel comfortable and connect with, and gave us some "homework" to write out answers to questions, which further helped her get to know us and for us to communicate special ideas to her. She used some quotes from us in our ceremony, and offered a document of blessings and readings that we could have her say. They ranged from religious/cultural to spiritual and non-religious. Our guests commented on how beautiful the entire half hour ceremony was and how they really felt engaged in everything she and we said. Jeddah also gently helped me to overcome my fear of reading my own vows, and I can't tell you how thankful I am to her for that because it helped to really make the ceremony special and heart-felt.

Jeddah Vailakis

Hello and congratulations! Thank you so much for finding me! What an exciting time in your lives! I am a New York City and Hudson Valley wedding officiant ordained in 2002 and registered in the state of New York. I have been featured twice in Martha Stewart Weddings offering expert advise on the ceremony process and am the recipient of The Knot Best of Weddings every year since 2011 and Wedding Wire Couples Choice Awards since 2012 representing the top 5% of couples choice awards in New York. I would love to speak with you! Please fill out the contact form from my website link. Thank you!