Simple, Romantic, and Timeless Photography

My photography style is natural, creative, and timeless. I capture candid and intimate moments that tell the story of your day. Your wedding photo session will be relaxed, quick, and fun and you'll receive your retouched photographs within 2-weeks. I serve the Cincinnati, Dayton, and surrounding region, and my office is just 25 minutes from downtown Cincinnati. Visit my website for more information or call me, Jeff at 513-702-0911 to learn about my competitive and flexible packages.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Bow2010

6361 Kings Arms Way, Fairfield, OH Cincinnati / Dayton / Northern KY (513) 702-0911

Exactly what I wanted

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Melissa K

We met with several photographers before booking Jeff, and on initial meeting, he was the most put-together, professional, and accomodating. During the months/weeks/days leading up to the wedding, Jeff was easy to contact and responded to my emails/phone calls quickly. He is... Read More very organized, which I greatly appreciated as the wedding day has enough craziness of it's own!! On my wedding day, Jeff was on time, relaxed, and kept the day moving efficiently -- not to mention the photos were GORGEOUS!!! Everyone LOVED the photos taken earlier in the day that were displayed during the reception. We have just gotten our album in the mail and it is stunning as well. I would recommend Jeff to anyone - he was very much the calming influence I needed on my wedding day, and is an exceptional photographer who really delivers an amazing product. BOOK HIM NOW!!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Hannah M

Jeff did an amazing job with our pictures. He's easy and fun to work with. We had a big crazy group and he handled us really well and kept it fun. He lets us have fun, but at the same time keeps us going in order to get it done in a timely fashion.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kate L

Jeff was great to work with and the photos came out LOVELY! I recommend him to anyone looking around!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Judy C

Jeff Shafer was the photographer we chose for my daughter's wedding and he was outstanding! He completely put us at ease from the beginning when we met in his office to talk not just about the traditional pictures but the pictures we really wanted. On our big day Jeff was... Read More amazing at handling our huge wedding party. He was very enjoyable to be with and seemed like he really cared. He was never in our way yet he captured every special moment! Loved as the mother of the bride I could completely put my trust in him. His prices were reasonably and his turnaround time was wonderful as we were so excited to look at all of our beautiful pictures! If I had another daughter Jeff Schaefer would be my number one and only photography choice!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Megan J

Jeff's photography speaks for itself. He goes above and beyond to make your photos beautiful and your big day go seamlessly. He is incredibly professional, creative, and friendly. You couldn't have a better photographer!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Katrina L

Jeff did a great job with our wedding photos! He was organized, courteous and professional throughout the whole process. His second photographer, Becky, was also spectacular. She went above and beyond her job responsibilities (helping me pin up my dress when my bustle broke, for... Read More example). Some of our photos were available on Facebook within a week, and the rest were sent to us not long after. The photos are great quality!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 daniel k

Jeff photographed our wedding at The Phoenix in February. There are lots of photographers out there, and it can be very hard to choose. My first standard was this: was there at least one picture on the photographer's website that was so good that I would willing to frame it and... Read More hang it on my wall, even if it was a picture of somebody else (i.e. not me and my spouse). Jeff was one of the few that met that standard. He's got some really amazing shots on the website. But remember, every photographer is going to put just the best of the best of the best on their website. You can't pick a wedding photographer based on their one single best photograph, because that's not what you are hiring them to do. You don't want 1 good picture and 499 mediocre ones. You want to pick your photographer based on their average work, because that's what most of the photos you get are going to be. So beyond the website, you need to look at sample albums where every picture in it was drawn from the same wedding. That is much more representative of what you are actually going to get than a "best of" gallery on the website. I'd say one of Jeff's strengths as a photographer is his albums. Jeff's albums are nicely laid out and formatted. They really tell the story of your wedding day from start to finish. All of the pictures are solid on their own, but they are really better together in the album. Some photographers we interviewed just did not have attractive album layouts. Some did not even have any sample albums for us to look at when we went and talked to them. Jeff's album is fantastic and will be a keepsake for years to come. Beyond that, it was all about personal connection. The bigger studios do good work, but it's going to be a little less personal. With a smaller studio, you get that personal connection. To us, that was important. Jeff was pretty laid back and his style just matched our style well. He was super organized, with a detailed timeline and a specific shot list. We are very structured, detailed oriented people so we worked well with him. Overall, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Kurt K

It was amazing working with Jeff! And his work speaks for itself! It is absolutely amazing!!! We continuously get comments on how beautiful our pictures are! We couldn't be happier!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Liz P

I cannot say enough about how amazing Jeff is as a photographer! Everyone who has seen his pictures from my wedding has said that they are the best wedding photos they have ever seen! Even the wedding venue wants to use some of his pictures for their website. I used Jeff for... Read More my daughters wedding and was so impressed I knew I wanted him to do mine. It was a particular concern as I am an almost 60 year old bride and was worried about how I'd look, but the pictures are absolutely beautiful! Highly recommend Jeff!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Ashley V

Jeff was recently our wedding photographer and I must say that I am 100% pleased with the results from our day. He captured the most beautiful photos I could have ever imagined. Our wedding day was a long one as we had our ceremony in Indianapolis, Indiana followed by a dinner... Read More and reception between Dayton and Cincinnati, Ohio. Jeff never once looked tired or overwhelmed and he was always prompt and ready to suggest different pictures. He was so professional and courteous throughout the day too. Our ceremony being a sacred and religious one can be hard to capture on film. Jeff did a fantastic job capturing the essence of our holy temple on the grounds outside while observing the sacredness of what we hold dear to us in the temple. He was reverent and respectful of our religious views, which was wonderful. At my reception all of my guests were so impressed with him. The comments, both during and in the days following the wedding day were, "Your photographer was great! He was everywhere!" and "Your pictures are absolutely stunning!" I agree 100% with my guests. Jeff truly was there capturing every single moment he could and most of the time he was a one man show! The most impressive thing for my guests was his slide show of the pictures from the day. As he took photos they were shown on a slide show at the reception. It was so neat and unique. Everyone loved to see what had happened earlier in the day since not everyone attended the ceremony. Jeff's 2 week policy is fantastic. He was so quick to have my photos ready to go and our photo book ready to share. I am so excited for the photo book. It was so easy to do as Jeff takes your comments and works through the building process with you to make it a perfect fit for you! He is so easy to work with and is quick with getting your photos back to you. If you are in the Dayton/Cincinnati area, do yourself a favor and hire Jeff Shaefer as your photographer. You won't be disappointed and he will take away some stress from your most special day!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Abby M

Jeff did an excellent job at our wedding! He captured some beautiful pictures outdoors at the golf course before the wedding! The pictures look so natural and in the moment. The great pictures continued at the church and the reception hall. One of my favorite things was the... Read More picture slideshow that was running at the reception. It was great that our guests got to view pictures that were taken earlier that afternoon. I would definitely recommend Jeff if you want to fully capture your perfect day!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016

Jeff Schaefer was great. He captured the moments perfectly. The pictures are amazing, everyone that sees them say they are wonderful. He took a night time shot of my daughter and her new husband that is phenomenal. Everyone that sees it can't believe it.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Shannon T

Jeff is an amazing photographer. He did a great job capturing our wedding day. There were times when we didn't realize his vision, but after the fact we were amazed by many of his shots. We couldn't be happier with our pictures. Jeff is very dedicated to getting all of the right... Read More shots and providing top notch pictures. Our albums turned out great. There is a reason he is voted Best of the Knot year after year. Thank you for a job well done. We are very happy.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 jill b

We could not be happier with the photos and the service in general. Jeff was a perfect fit for us. He was very nice and everyone in our wedding party liked him. The wedding album was gorgeous.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Mandy B

I can honestly say that there is nothing negative I can say about Jeff. He is an extremely patient, easy going and fun photographer who takes stunning photos. For my engagement pictures I wanted to make sure that my dog was in them and Jeff was so patient with her and was able... Read More to capture amazing pictures of her and us around the city. Never once showed that he was annoyed with our dog. For our wedding he made a very detailed timeline and was on time to take pictures. He also sent out a list to get all the pictures I wanted to ensure he didn't miss any pictures I wanted. He took pictures of things I never would have thought to take pictures of, like the perfume I wore for my wedding, which is great for us to look back on. My dog was also in the wedding and he made sure to include her in a lot of pictures and I got a lot of different pictures with just her and I (I may be slightly obsessed with my dog and Jeff knew this and made sure that I got lots of pictures with her). He was so patient. He and his wife were amazing throughout the whole wedding day taking pictures of everything. At the reception he had a slide show set up with pictures from the ceremony as well as some pictures from our engagement session with the website for our wedding pictures! My husband and I were so shocked when we saw that and our families and guests LOVED that! Even one of our wedding coordinators said she took one because they were too cute! Amazing idea! He and his wife are so friendly and open to picture ideas and also very patient when our families take forever to set up for pictures. Jeff is top rated for a reason, highly recommend him!

2016-09-21T10:38:44 Response from the vendor

Thanks Mandy! Working with you and Jon was a pleasure. I love dogs!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Ellen B

Jeff was fantastic! I booked him over a year in advance off of a recommendation. Over the next year and a half, I met with him three times in person and excahanged many emails. He was always willing to answer my questions. He has a very thurough process where we go through... Read More every picture we want taken to ensure that everything is captured. I would also send him shots that I wanted something similar. The day of he was on time and ready to go. He split his time between the bridal suite and the groom's lounge so everything was captured. He even found time to walk around the grounds and get pictures of decorations. He was very professional and gave us a ton of modelling tips and poses as well as took our suggestions for locations and looks. He was very accepting of the changing timeline and very flexible. He is a bit pricey, but believe it is worth it.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Jennifer S

We absolutely loved Jeff! I selected him because from the start he was very upfront and honest with me. He was very honest about what he thought I needed and didn't need, and wasn't just trying to make the sale. He patiently helped us plan our wedding day timeline, and then... Read More still made it work when we ran late. He changed it on the fly without me having to think twice about it. Through the entire day, he was patient and helpful. We loved his second photographer too! She jumped right in to help my mom and mother in law bustle my dress. She was very knowledgeable and was quick to be an extra set of hands and a calming presence to all of us. And the results were so beautiful! Coming home from our honeymoon to our pictures was an amazing experience. Everyone who has seen the pictures has raved that he did such a thorough job capturing the events of the day. I would highly recommend Jeff!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 ashley f

Jeff is absolutely amazing. He is the best of the best. He was able to take pictures of the entire bridal party and was extremely patient with everyone especially the kids. I am so happy with my pictures that I will cherish the rest of my life.

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Samantha M

Jeff's pictures of our wedding day turned out AMAZING! We just got our pictures back and I love nearly all of them. Not to mention Jeff was so easy to work with. He was prompt in answering every email and phone call I made to him. On the day of he had a list of the pictures we... Read More discussed prior to the wedding and he was sure to get them all done in the time frame we planned for on the timeline. He did a great job keeping us on time. He also was good about telling us how to stand so the pictures would look good and flattering. I'm very happy with all of my pictures and would recommend Jeff to everyone looking for a photographer! His assistant Becky was also amazing, she made me feel calm before walking down the isle and helped me with my dress during the pictures. She made sure my dress laid well in all the shoots. :)

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Megan H

Since I live out of town, we had emailed a bit before the wedding but the first time I actually met Jeff was on my wedding day. In the emails, we were able to create a viable timeline (I actually had extra time to relax a bit before the reception!) and ensure all the photos I... Read More wanted were already listed out. Throughout the day, Jeff and his team worked so hard to get the perfect pictures, including making sure we got a great sunset picture at the reception or getting a 'superhero' picture for my nephew where the rays of light coming through a window looked like they were coming out of his wrists like Spiderman's nets (such an adorable picture!). I believe this also speaks to his creative and caring nature - not a lot of photographers would have recognized that last opportunity. The pictures are absolutely fantastic and the photobooth was a huge hit. About midway through the reception, he also had already made a slideshow of pictures from earlier in the day which was so amazing! I loved being able to look back at the day with my family and friends all around me (and since I had people from all over the world come in, I would have never had that chance). Lastly, his turn around time for the album was very impressive. He made extra pages that you could add into the album and his website makes editing the album a breeze. I would totally recommend him again and again!

7-4-2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 1/20/2015

Jeff Schaefer and his assistant did a fantastic job during our 4th of July wedding. Jeff is a great photographer! We were very pleased with his patient, professional, and creative style. Jeff was an absolute pleasure to work with. Picking the perfect wedding photographer is... Read More extremely important and we could not have been more pleased with our decision. We are excited to have such great memories to look back on and thanks to Jeff, reminiscing will be so much fun. Thank you, Jeff for helping to make our special day so memorable and for the time, effort, and hard work you put into taking such wonderful pictures. We would recommend Jeff to anyone and the reasonable price was an added bonus!

Wedding Photos I Can't Stop Looking At

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Jan-Marie R

Jeff Schaefer is the best there is. The man is simply amazing at what he does. He managed to capture so many magical moments and listen to any and all suggestions I had. And the best part? When we arrived home from our honeymoon, the CD's with all the digital copies of our... Read More pictures were in the mail. You can't beat that, you just can't!

Truly a master!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Patrick S

Jeff was some of the best money spent on our wedding. Everything you've read about him is true, you'll get amazing pictures, easy to work with, the list goes on. He knows exactly what he's doing in any situation and is great at taking charge when he needs to. We used him... Read More for both our engagement and wedding pictures and we have close to a thousand amazing pictures documenting our engagement, ceremony, reception, and everything along the way. He even knows the area so well that he can help in a pinch if you need a good place to take pictures at. Jeff is definitely a master at wedding photography!

wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Jeff was very professional about everything in explaining what he wanted for a particular shot and capturing those special moments when you thought no one was taking the picture. My wife and I have looked back on Jeff's pictures and absolutely loved the ones we had to choose... Read More from for our albums. Jeff was extremely patient and knew exactly what kind of picture he wanted to showcase for our wedding. Thanks do not begin to explain how wonderful my wife and myself will feel many years from now when we look back on our pictures. So thanks again for our wonderful day. Rich Wurzbacher

Great experience

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Erica S

Very pleased with the pictures! I had a great experience with Jeff and could not be happier. I even had girls from both high school and college contact me to ask who took my wedding photographs! Jeff was very easy to work with, and given the opportunity, I would choose to... Read More work with him again! He helped make my day perfect, and we had so much fun taking our pictures!! Excellent work!! You will not be disappointed!!

Jeff Schaefer

I have been photographing weddings since 2002. It is my full-time occupation photographing 40 to 50 weddings each year. Your wedding has my full attention and you'll receive your wedding photographs within 2 weeks. With my vast wedding photography experience, your photographs will be quick and smooth, and you'll receive timeless, beautiful, and fun photographs.