The Perfect Ceremony

As a storyteller & life coach, I specialize in personalized wedding ceremonies that accentuate the two of you & the bond you share. Adept at achieving a balance of gravity & levity that is just right for you, my ceremonies carry a depth & poignance that will make your day even more unforgettable!

Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Greater Houston Area, Will Travel (703) 850-0068

A Ceremony To Remember

Reviewed on 1/21/2014 Jozette B

Hiring Jennifer Luu to officiate our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during the planning process. After initially meeting her, I felt an instant connection and just knew that she was the right person to marry us. She is highly professional and organized during the... Read More planning process and offers up helpful suggestions if you need them. We had the liberty to design the ceremony program as much as we felt comfortable and Jennifer provided guidance when asked. We really felt as though it was a ceremony that highlighted what was important to us. Reverend Luu is warm, funny, and has an uncanny ability to put you, your fiancé, and all of your family and friends at ease. She is a gifted storyteller and did an incredible job of relaying the details of our relationship in a way that had everyone (ourselves included) laughing and crying throughout the ceremony. If you are looking for a wedding that is personal, touching, and one that your guests will continue to talk about long after the big day, then hire Jennifer Luu as your officiant. One of my dearest girlfriends put it best when she said, “the ceremony was one of my favorite parts of your wedding, mainly because I had never seen anything like it before”.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Leah W

Jennifer was awesome! She made our ceremony so personalable, she was able to weave together both mine and my husband’s views of our relationship to make one cohesive story for our ceremony ! Everyone was talking about how they felt like they knew us even more so after. Thank you... Read More so much Jennifer!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Brett C

Jennifer officiated our wedding in Spring 2017 and did a fantastic job. She made us comfortable through the whole process, took the time to put together very thoughtful remarks, and really nailed it on the big day. A number of our friends and family remarked how good Jennifer... Read More was!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Melissa B

I told my mom that I wanted our wedding ceremony to be special, personalized, unique, memorable, and not like the typical wedding ceremony we have all been to. My fiance and I are not religious so we didn't want any of that stuff to be part of our ceremony either. My mom found... Read More Jennifer Luu on the Knot and told me to check her out ASAP. So, I went to Jennifer Luu's website and within seconds of reading her website I knew she was the officiant for us. I reached out to Jennifer immediately and I could not have been more happy/relieved that she was available for our date! Jennifer and I met up at a local Starbucks to review everything and from the moment I met her she was very welcoming, engaging, interested, kind, open, easy-going, and professional; I knew right away that my fiance and I, along with our ceremony, was in the best of hands and was going to be nothing short of amazing. Well, I was right, our ceremony was absolutely beautiful, unique, special, and beyond memorable not only for my fiance and I but for everyone who attended. It was everything we dreamed it would be and more! Every single person came up to us afterwards and said Jennifer was amazing and that it was the best wedding ceremony they had ever been to! They also said how much they enjoyed hearing our story from the beginning because they had always known one of us better than the other and so this gave them the opportunity to get to know us better as a couple. They loved laughing and crying with us and seeing the different sides of us because it reinforced how much we care for and love each other. They all said it was absolutely the most beautiful ceremony they had ever been to, and that it was the first ceremony they had been to where they really laughed for real and really teared-up/cried for real. Everyone's favorite part was the warming of the rings because it made them feel like they were part of our big day and not just another guest. We loved it, everyone loved it. Our officiant, Jennifer, was the first thing we booked when we started planning our wedding and thank goodness because Jennifer had recommended our wedding planner/coordinator to us and from there our wedding formed into the most perfect wedding we ever dreamed of, better even! I would choose Jennifer Luu time and time again and would recommend her to everyone I know. She is knowledgeable about traditional and non-traditional ceremonies so she has some really great ideas/suggestions, either way she is very accepting and encouraging of what you want and don't want involved in your ceremony, and her experience in story telling is what transforms her ceremonies into something even more special! She always responded quickly to emails/texts, always very helpful, patient, understanding, and professional throughout the entire journey of planning a wedding and afterwards. Thank you, Jennifer, for everything! <3 SIDE NOTE (to brides/grooms): I 100% recommend making the warming of the rings part of your ceremony with Jennifer. I had never seen/heard anything like it before until she had mentioned it to us. It is beautifully unique and your guests will love it because it will allow each of them to feel personally important to you guys on your big day and that their presence truly matters to you (which of course it does, but this just reminds them of that on an even deeper level).

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Joyce P

My husband and I met with Jennifer and after the first consultation, we knew she was the one for us. We were looking for an officiant that would add that personal touch we were looking for. She was very welcoming, organized and an excellent communicator. After our wedding, so... Read More many of our guests were talking about how they loved the way Jennifer captured "our" story. I would highly recommend using Jennifer as your officiant!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Danika H

Jennifer was the officiant at our wedding last weekend and we’re delighted to say that we couldn’t have picked anyone any better. She was so warm, friendly and really looked the part. She took the time to get to know us in our first meeting and understand who we are and what... Read More we were looking for. She explained what her typical ceremony was like and let us pick what we wanted and make other suggestions for it. She even let us edit the wording of her family blessing to suit our needs and was very happy to make sure the ceremony reflected who we are. We’d have never thought of the blessings of the rings by the congregation, but that proved to be a lovely touch. Having her tell the story of our relationship as the main part of the ceremony was truly beautiful. It was lovely for our friends, family, and ourselves to hear the story together. She really captured the essence of our relationship and made everyone smile and laugh as we relived our journey. We’d highly recommend choosing to answer her questions for the story separately. As we didn’t know what each other had written, it made it even nicer to hear what she said. We were also then able to look back at each other’s answers after the day to reminisce about our story. All of our friends and families really loved the story aspect of the ceremony. Even those who were slightly wary and unsure of what it would be like spoke glowingly afterwards about how beautiful it was. We also then found out more about our friends and family too as they shared parts of their stories with us. In every part of our dealings with Jennifer she was so kind and friendly and took the time to work closely with us. We couldn’t recommend her any higher.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Karla S

Jennifer could not have been more perfect for our wedding. She took the time to get to know us and had us answer questions in great detail to make the ceremony as personal as possible. It reflected who me and my husband are really like including the details of "our love story".... Read More I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Sarah B

Jennifer was the BEST!!! We found out about her through our wedding coordinator and I'm so glad they recommended her. We aren't very religious so knew we wanted something "different" and she was fantastic. We first met with her at Starbucks and we automatically fell in love... Read More with her. She is great to work with and is a genuinely good person. We filled out questionnaires about each other and our relationship and she created our "story" for the ceremony. It was the MOST personal ceremony I'd ever witnessed:) and I'm so glad it was ours. The things she said made us both so happy/emotional! My husband and I didn't tell each other what we put on our questionnaires so our entire story was "surprise", but it was PERFECT! I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a very personal story of their relationship with their significant other.

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Christa O

I had seen Jennifer perform a couple ceremonies before and knew she would one day perform my wedding! I hadn't even known the couples and I felt as I knew all about their story and their magnificent love -- and my eyes welt up with tears for this amazing ceremony I had... Read More witnessed!!! Flash forward to our wedding day -- Jennifer was a breeze to work with! She created such beautiful ceremony dialogue that all the guests came up to us afterwards and felt that they knew us, our story, our love, our family, and our closest friends. Her words created an atmosphere of love, the humor that Kev and I share, joy of family, and painted the perfect picture of the beautiful future we see for our selves. Jennifer is extremely talented! She has a calming cadence in her speech and perfect timing! She has the ability to tie in the happy, the funny, and the sad (we lost close family members just before the wedding) in a way that is both endearing and light. We're so happy we hired her!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Elizabeth H

Jennifer was our officiant for our January 6, 2017 wedding. Bottom line: she was just fantastic to work with. From the first time we met her, we could tell that she was both super organized and genuinely invested in making the ceremony a unique and special experience for us.... Read More During the planning process, she struck a good balance between offering suggestions based on her past experience and incorporating our simple (but non-traditional) vision for the ceremony. When it came to the actual ceremony service, we couldn't have asked for more. Her rendition of our story was perfect---light-hearted and funny, but sincere. Many guests told us afterwards that they loved how unique and intimate the ceremony was. We would highly recommend Jennifer as an officiant!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Meghan W

Jennifer was absolutely AMAZING. We had a very non-traditional wedding which didn't really incorporate any religious aspects, and she was truly wonderful to work with. My husband and I wanted something very specific as well as the right wording. Jennifer made our ceremony so... Read More personal and totally us! She took our story and incorporated it perfectly into the ceremony, but it didn't feel awkward or forced, it was very natural. We loved the warming of the rings suggestion to incorporate our guests for our ceremony. I would definitely recommend Jennifer Luu for your ceremony as she will be able to make any type of ceremony truly personal, about your story, and creating the style you want. She was truly a wonderful person to work with. Thank you so much Jennifer!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Olivia B

Jennifer is fantastic! She adds heart, warmth, and a unique familiarity to a ceremony. She is a gifted story teller and can take the audience and pull them into your story. Everyone attending, however close or distant a relation, is brought into the relationship, and can better... Read More appreciate the events unfolding in front of them. With Jennifer performing your ceremony, I guarantee you will make all your other married friends jealous, and your engaged friends asking for her information.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Lindsay B

We absolutely loved working with Jennifer! Storytelling is her true vocation, and she did a fantastic job performing our ceremony. Here are four of Jennifer's strengths that have stuck with us after our wedding: 1) Her craft -- storytelling. Jennifer built her ceremony based... Read More on the information we told her about ourselves and our relationship. Reliving our history there, together, in front of our friends and family, was one of the most beautiful and powerful moments of our wedding. Jennifer was by turns funny and sweet, and the practice and effort she had put into understanding our story in order to tell it with dignity and without falter was evident. She was articulate, clear, and resonant, and every guest we spoke with praised Jennifer's work and told us that the unique nature of the ceremony had touched them, saying things like "It was great to learn how you two met!" or "I feel like I know you better now!" Starting our wedding with our story made the whole rest of the day feel more intimate -- just the kind of family gathering or party among friends we had wanted -- and it helped us feel like the people we had invited would forever feel more connected with us. 2) Her business demeanor and administration If you are still planning your wedding, you may not realize how difficult it can be to find vendors who are not only artisans but competent administrators. Jennifer was always responsive to us, and she made sure to keep us on task without nagging. She took diligent notes at our meetings and, as promised, she actually typed them up and shared them with us (which means she also reviewed and thought about them!). She also prioritized her own timeliness at our meetings and made a point to get our marriage license mailed within just a few days of the wedding. Last but not least, she put thought into unexpected details, like how to ensure her outfit did not clash with our wedding party's. 3) Her fantastic attitude We loved Jennifer from our initial meeting, when she said exactly what we most needed to hear: that aside from committing to each other, every other element of the ceremony is up to the two people getting married. She offered suggestions for everything and always gave thoughtful advice when we requested it (and had a list of ceremony items ready to walk through with us even before we asked), but she made clear that we should not feel nervous about conforming to any particular idea of where we should stand or what we should say. Jennifer was calm, collected, and competent, which is just what we needed. She was also touched when we were touched and jubilant when we were jubilant. Her personality made such a difference in our preparations and on our wedding day -- helping us to relax and focus on each other. 4) Her open-mindedness and flexibility We wanted someone who could perform a secular wedding with flexibility on ceremony elements, but we also wanted that ceremony to still be infused with meaning and dedication and a discussion of the commitment we were deciding to embark on. We wanted the ceremony to engage our friends and family, and we also wanted it to have authenticity. Jennifer was able to help us strike the right balance, and she was patient when we kept revising the readings and changing components (modifying how to walk with my dad or abandoning a unity ceremony altogether) even into the week before the wedding. We could not recommend Jennifer highly enough. Thank you, Jennifer!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Catherine A

Jennifer officiated our wedding on 11/5/16 and we couldn't have asked for a better person to tell our story to our friends and family. Neither of us are the best at vocalizing our feelings, so we wanted to hire an expert who could weave our stories into something beautiful and... Read More memorable. Jennifer did exactly that. She took our words and made them better. She let our family know our history as a couple, how we got to where we are, and what we love about each other. There were a lot of happy tears (some from me) and several people complimented her on her remarks. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Shelley J

Jennifer Luu was our wedding officiant 9/3/16. The questionnaire Jennifer provided for us to complete covered every aspect of our story. She presented our story in a very unique way; we laughed, we cried and we shared memories with our guests. Everyone told us they really... Read More enjoyed the uniqueness of our ceremony. Jennifer met with us early in our engagement; she's very personable, eager to learn about the couple and help guide you through the ceremony details (most of which we hadn't thought of yet)! Jennifer is available anytime for questions and responds to emails quickly. She helped make our special day even more special than we imagined. Thank you Jennifer!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Leslie G

Jennifer Luu was my favorite partner of all the companies and people we signed on to make our day happen. When my husband and I first set out to plan our wedding, we knew that we wanted to place a priority on the wedding ceremony itself. Wanting a secular wedding that we could... Read More completely customize, we began the hunt for the right officiant. We found Jennifer on the Knot when scrolling through their list of Houston-area officiants. After scanning a sea of photos that seemingly looked the same (middle-aged white preacher types), we saw Jennifer's photo. Immediately, we clicked on her information to find out more. After reading a description of her services--"a background in storytelling," "truly one of the kind ceremony," and sharing "your collective story"--we knew we had to meet her right away. From the start, working with Jennifer was easy and effortless. She immediately made both Zach and I feel comfortable, took our wants and expectations for the ceremony as a priority, and suggested other personalized touches that we had not thought of, like community vows and warming of our wedding rings. She was thorough but also easy to talk to and funny! Zach and I knew right away that she was the one who would marry us. Our instincts were right. She is BETTER than we expected. The day of our ceremony, she wove Zach's version of events and my own perfectly together. She narrated through the history of our relationship, what made us work, and why we loved each other while brilliantly keeping both of our voices distinct. My friends said afterwards, "I can totally hear you saying that!" Both our guests and wedding vendors, who have seen NUMEROUS ceremonies, told us that ours was the most incredible personalized ceremony they had ever witnessed! Because she shared our love so thoroughly, that energy spread to our friends and family, and I don't think the atmosphere of our wedding would have quite been the same had we had another officiant. You could literally feel the outpouring of love from our guests afterwards. If you are wanting a ceremony that is personal and truly one-of-a-kind, you need to book Jennifer NOW. We are so grateful that she was a part of the best day of our lives.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Elisa O

We used Rev. Luu for our wedding this past weekend and everything about the experience was fantastic. Going back to our initial email communication, she was very friendly, punctual, clear, and was incredibly easy to work with and worked around our schedules to find a time to... Read More chat over Skype to get acquainted. Once we decided to use her for our wedding, she was always very responsive to any questions we had. She worked with us to design a ceremony that would work with what we wanted, including some elements that she had not taken part in before (e.g. Jewish elements), but she was very flexible and accommodating and willing to make sure we had the ceremony that fit with what we wanted. And on wedding day itself, it was clear why all of her reviews are glowing--her ceremony was fantastic. She picked out the best pieces of what we had written to include as she told our story. She really made sure we felt special, and made sure our guests understood what made us unique. Everyone felt incredibly included, and we were thrilled with the ceremony. Could not recommend Rev. Luu any more highly.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Christine V

Sorry, this review is a little overdue since we were married last year but Rev. Luu was amazing!! To this day, our wedding guests still gush about our ceremony and her storytelling skills. She made our wedding unique and as our love story was told, the atmosphere became... Read More warm-hearted and intimate. This gave our guests a chance to know who we are as a couple and as individuals. We are so grateful she was able to accommodate us on such short notice due to unforeseen circumstances. She has such a kind and compassionate heart and it shined through her story telling. Not everyone has such talent. One of the best decisions we made and will definitely recommend to everyone we know! Thanks Rev. Jennifer Luu!! - Christine & Christopher

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Kurt R

We really loved having Jennifer at our wedding, and we got a lot of compliments from people who loved hearing our story. I would recommend Jennifer to anyone looking for a non traditional wedding.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Florence A

I absolutely loved working with Rev. Jennifer for our wedding! My husband and I really wanted a unique and special wedding ceremony, and we were blessed to find Jennifer. Actually, we saw her performing at a friend's wedding and thought she was absolutely amazing. When we... Read More contacted her, she was always so nice and explained everything she does very clearly. I also enjoyed completing the little questionnaire about how my husband and I met, what we love about each other... And she did such an amazing job at telling our story during the ceremony. In a nutshell, the wedding ceremony was unique and sacred, just like we wanted and we are so grateful for that! Jennifer is such a loving and caring person, I would recommend her to everyone. Thank you so much for your amazing job!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Avery W

Reverend Jennifer is quite amazing! She is personable and down to earth. She met with us as a couple over skype since we live out of state. She took her time and reviewed every detail of the ceremony structure. Then she sent us a questionnaire which my husband and I answered... Read More separately. These questions are designed to make you really dig into your history as a couple and explore why you have chosen this person to be your forever. The result of this unique planning process? A beautiful story of the bride and groom that will make people laugh, cry, and make the couple fall in love with each other all over again. Jennifer delivered our story flawlessly. She was not dominating or awkward. She harmonized with the ceremony in a way that only a professional can do.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016

As the Man of Honor in my best friends wedding, I was so excited to have Jennifer be the officiant, as she is the lovely partner of my other best friend! I've been hearing for quite some time about what an amazing job she does at weddings, but I had never seen it first hand.... Read More Well, let me tell you. I had total strangers coming up to me after the ceremony raving about how amazing Jennifer was. I have no idea why they were raving to ME about it, but it made me so happy to hear that I was far from the only person in awe. Jennifer made the ceremony so personal for the bride and groom, and it was obvious many many hours of preparation had gone into Jennifer's remarks. It made the ceremony so much more special and memorable than any wedding I've ever been to. I cannot recommend Jennifer enough. I'm not sure if I'll ever be getting hitched myself, but if I do, I know who will be officiating :-).

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Caroline W

My husband and I had a best-case scenario vision for how our wedding would play out. Naturally, we assumed some things would go wrong and we promised each other that we would just roll with the punches. But thanks to Rev. Jennifer Luu, our best-case scenario was not only... Read More perfectly executed, but it paled in comparison to our wedding day reality. Jennifer exceeded every expectation in every sense of the word. She was so on top of everything: from our initial consult, to the pre-wedding process, to running through the order of events as many times as we needed, to giving us every available option so that she could help us build the perfect ceremony, offering sage advice on things we should look out for or be aware of…she was pure exemplary bliss. When she told us that we could include a unity ceremony and offered ideas of what other couples did, we decided to do a beer and champagne unity ceremony (combining the two during the ceremony and each drinking from the cup), and Jennifer was so engaging and interested in what kind of beer we were using (it was homebrewed by us!), the significance it held to us…she really went above and beyond and out of her way to immerse herself in our story and understand the reason behind all of our decisions, making every aspect of our ceremony as personal as possible. Her warm, inviting personality makes it extremely easy to get along with her and trust her instantly; it just adds to the personal touch that we really wanted our wedding to have. On our wedding day, Jennifer continued her streak of being superwoman levels of amazing and was just so incredibly helpful and comforting throughout the whole wedding process. Any questions we had, Jennifer had all the answers in the timeliest fashion (even to questions we never thought to ask, but Jennifer would swoop in to save the day by informing us of things that helped immensely). The icing on the cake though was how expertly, divinely, and perfectly she delivered our ceremony. We honestly could not have asked for anything better (because there is literally no one better than Jennifer) – everything about the way Jennifer carried out the ceremony embodied us, as a couple, so extraordinarily well – romantic, unique, and funny. We could not have dreamt of a better story (or a better way to tell it) than what Jennifer so adeptly wove for us (and we still kind of want to read it over and over and over again), and her skills as a storyteller and life coach really shine through; without a doubt, this makes her the world’s greatest officiant and truly puts her in an entirely next-level, elite league that is beyond compare – and we state that with absolute confidence. Immediately following our ceremony, our friends and family couldn’t stop gushing about how absurdly amazing Jennifer was and how they laughed and cried, and commented on just how intimate, personal, and unique the ceremony was (and that many of them wished they could have had her for their weddings!). Because that’s the kind of perfection that she weaves and delivers, leaving everyone (especially us) utterly stunned for the best and wanting more. If we could get married again, we would, a million times over, and every single time, we’d have Jennifer officiate. We honestly cannot thank her enough for being so magnificent on our most special day. If you want the best day of your life to be even better, pick Jennifer – she will spin pure magic and make it absolutely unforgettable.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Stephanie D

Jennifer was an amazing officiant! I knew I wanted to have a non-denominational ceremony without any religious readings and was very nervous about being able to find an officiant who could deliver this for us and still stretch it out to 30 minutes and keep our guests engaged.... Read More All of our guests loved the ceremony; she did a fantastic job of telling the story of how we met and fell in love. My guests said it was one of the most unique ceremonies they'd ever been to and they really enjoyed hearing the progression of our relationship. I have nothing but praise for Jennifer! We are so happy we chose to book her. She was a pleasure to work with, quick to respond, and very professional. My husband and I tried up multiple times throughout the ceremony, it was really beautiful. We also used her for a few couple therapy type sessions before the wedding too. It was a really good way to get to know her and her style and for her to get to know us more personally too. I think these sessions really showed in our ceremony, we were very comfortable with her, and we felt like she really knew who we were as a couple and individual people. She really helped us to talk out some difficult topics we hadn't thought of before getting married. She's a great referee and knows how to work out some tense and/or uncomfortable situations. My husband and I are thrilled with our experience with Jennifer, book her now you'll love her! The officiant we chose was one of our favorite choices from our wedding.

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Michelle D

Jennifer's an amazing reverend and helped make our dream wedding come true. She's an incredible story teller and helped our guests learn our love story. We plan to have Jennifer at our 25 year anniversary party when we renew our vows.