Jenny Luu Hair + Makeup

available for travel throughout the New England and New York

Hair + Makeup

Jenny Luu is a hair and makeup artist passionate about making her clients feel and look their best. She will create your ideal wedding style while providing a fun and enjoyable experience.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Elevin Studios - 15 Channel Center, Boston, MA available for travel throughout the New England and New York (617) 593-9872
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Stephanie L

Jenny was everything I could have hoped for in a wedding day hair & makeup artist, and more! I decided to do a trial with her because as an Asian American, I was looking for someone who had a more “western” makeup style, but had experience with Asian faces & hair. We chatted via... Read More e-mail to schedule a trial, and she was helpful every step of the way. She gave me tips regarding anything from skin care tips to wedding day timing with other vendors. I could take her advice 100% because she is such an expert in both the makeup/hair field AND the wedding business. During the trial and on the day of the wedding, Jenny was super friendly and I felt at ease the entire time. My bridesmaids all agreed that they loved their makeup, and that Jenny was super nice. At the wedding, everyone was complimenting my hair and makeup. If you work with Jenny, you will be able to tell that she has a true passion for her work!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Brenda L

Jenny is a natural and her talents are truly remarkable! She did an absolutely flawless job on my wedding day. I had never looked and felt so beautiful in my life! My makeup lasted all day with no touch-ups, and our pictures (even the ones toward the end of the night) looked... Read More spectacular! Jenny was professional, friendly, and trustworthy. I had very limited experience and knowledge on makeup prior to my trial with her so I had a really tough time trying to communicate what I wanted. But Jenny was so patient and understanding, and she really listened! She made me look and feel so pretty and comfortable that I was inspired to learn to wear makeup after our trial! I owe my wedding day beauty to Jenny and my photographer. They were my dream team without a doubt! I highly recommend Jenny as I've been raving about her to everyone I know already!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Katherine H

I've worked with Jenny (she has styled my boudoir clients) and she is a true professional! Her talent is out of control and I love watching her do her thing! She shows ease and comfort with her clients! I hope to work with her again soon!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Christine G

Jenny Luu and her team were amazing! They were professional, courteous and fun! My bridesmaids and I had a wonderful time getting our make up and hair done by her crew. (Meghan and Shawnette) were both truly wonderful and did an amazing job! Jenny and her team made sure that... Read More we looked our very best, they were accommodating and listened to what my girls wanted. They finished on time and had us ready to go right on time for photos. Jenny truly did a great job getting me glammed up, I felt beautiful and ready for my big day after she was all done! I can't thank Jenny and her team enough!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017

My experience with Jenny was amazing- from the very beginning to the very end. My previous bridal hair stylist fell through two weeks before my wedding, so I reached out to Jenny via email. She called me within the hour (while in out of state) and told me not to worry and she'll... Read More fit me in. The next day, she sent me an email with all the information I needed to get the date secured and the process stated. She squeezed me in the next week for a hair consultation, which came out incredible- loose, modern boho updo with hairpiece. The next week she did my hair, as well as 7 other bridesmaids. She was punctual, organized (sent me a timeline for each bridesmaid the week before), super personable, and very talented. Each style held up amazingly and all the bridesmaids loved their styles. Not only was she a life-saver, but she delivered her expertise phenomenally on the day-of my wedding. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Jo L

Jenny was definitely the right choice for my wedding day. I had 6 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and myself to get ready the morning of the wedding. I was nervous about timing, so Jenny worked on a schedule for me in advance, and we finished ahead of schedule! My hair and make-up was... Read More perfect and stayed in place the entire night, which was very impressive. All the ladies looked great and I loved seeing the variety of different hairstyles in the photos. I can see why Jenny books months and months in advance!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Alyssa S

Jenny Luu was a great option for hair and makeup on my wedding day. She was responsive with her emails and even came an hour earlier than planned to make sure that there would be enough time for everyone to get ready before our wedding party photos. Jenny is efficient and... Read More all-business when you meet her. I opted to not do a hair trial, and Jenny was able to create the look that I wanted without a problem. She helped make my bridesmaids and me look so wonderful. I received so many compliments on my hair, which was perfectly in place for the ceremony and most of the reception!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Vivian L

Fantastic experience with Jenny! She did makeup and hair for myself, 2 bridesmaids, and my mom. Everyone looked wonderful at the beginning of the day and at the end. I really appreciate that on the actual day, she showed up with her notes from our trial and was ready to go.... Read More Jenny was also helpful on providing skin tips from the trial so we could ensure that makeup would look better and last longer on the day of.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Elise R

I wish I had more occasions to get super dressed up so I could hire Jenny a million times! I liked that Jenny’s portfolio had a lot of different looks and not just the same thing over and over. Jenny was very responsive to my emails and answered any questions I had. I have very... Read More fine hair but still wanted to wear it down and curly. Jenny took the challenge head-on and recommended some extensions and steps I could take beforehand to make it work. The trial was very easy! She gave me some great skincare recommendations. Jenny is so calm and easy to talk to, I was so happy with the way my trial hair/makeup came out and I couldn’t wait for the day of. She made me look like the best version of myself. When one person decided she also wanted makeup done at the last minute, Jenny was willing to try and work with me to see if we could squeeze it in. Ultimately it didn’t work out, which speaks to Jenny’s pride in her work that she didn’t want to rush anything and wanted to have adequate time to make everything perfect. She arrived to the venue early with her full kit and got right to work on me! My makeup lasted all night and always looked like it was applied only minutes before. My hair held up beautifully as well! She left me with a cute little goodie bag of the exact lipstick shade she used, some hairspray, and some makeup wipes. If I ever have a fancy event, I will call Jenny in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Monica C

Jenny was truly amazing for hair and makeup. Jenny traveled from Boston to Norway, Maine for my wedding and it was well worth it. Her and her stylist were amazing to work with. They were able to do my bridesmaids' and mom's hair and makeup beautifully all to their own style of... Read More liking. They all LOVED how it turned out. The hair and makeup lasted literally all night through dancing and sweat. Thank you again Jenny for being awesome and helping me have the dream wedding I always wanted. Monica June 3, 2017

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Amy H

I had a terrific experience for having Jenny being my bridal Hair + Makeup artist on my big day. First, Jenny was very patience and detailed oriented on planning the makeup +hair schedule for my bridal party with 8 people. She was also very flexible in terms of adjusting the... Read More timeline and listen to your needs of your styles. I appreciate a lot her advice & tips along the way, which indeed helpful in the wedding planning process. Second, she was very professional and I am so glad to have such a talented and very skillful artist to primp up myself and my bridal party on the big day. From her make-up techniques to tools you can tell she is the experienced professional artist you would like to work with. Thank you very much, Jenny!!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Winnie T

I felt my absolute best on my wedding day. Jenny did a great job on both hair and makeup and was very accommodating. She knew I had problem skin, primarily acne and she made me look flawless. I couldn't have imagined the day without her and would definitely not hesitate to... Read More rebook for other events in the future! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Jessica A

Jenny was amazing. I had 7 bridesmaids, 2 Moms and myself and her and her team blew me away. Not once was anyone stressed about timing or fitting everyone in and I think we may have even ended before schedule! Everyone looked so beautiful and I can't thank her enough for such... Read More a wonderful stress free day! I would highly recommend her to anyone she's amazing. you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Nicole A

Jenny was incredible from my initial inquiry to her following up the day after the wedding to ask how everyone's hair stayed up all night. I can't say enough about her professionalism and talent. Beauty was extremely important to me for my wedding, and Jenny and her assistant... Read More Alex nailed everything for me and my seven bridesmaids. Don't wait around for a trial to book her for your date, she will not let you down!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Kendra S

Jenny did an incredible job on my hair and makeup and my bridesmaid's hair for the big day. I was had very specific ideas about what I wanted, and she more than delivered. Additionally, I appreciated Jenny's demeanor, because she put us all at ease on what could have been a... Read More somewhat stressful few hours. I definitely recommend Jenny!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ylan P

Jenny and her team were a delight to work with on our wedding day! They did such a great job with everyone's hair and makeup, and it all held throughout the entire night. I would definitely recommend Jenny, as she has quite a talent!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Brianna C

What an absolutely WONDERFUL makeup artist, hair stylist, and person. I can not say enough incredible things about her. I was planning this weeding all the way from Colorado, and Jenny made the whole process very easy. She was quick to communicate and always made sure to answer... Read More my questions. I did my trial with her 3 months before the big day, which did not go as well as I had hoped. My hair and skin weren't in the best conditions. Jenny made sure to email me all her suggestions on how to make my wedding day perfect. She took the time to write down how to treat my hair and skin the weeks before the wedding and even the night before the wedding. I took every one of her suggestions, and on my wedding day everything was absolute perfection. My hair lasted all night, I even slept in it and after 48 hours looked amazing. My makeup looked wonderful, and I didn't need to touch up even after 12 hours. Jenny was right on time the day of the wedding, and finished exactly on time to get me down to pictures! Jenny was even wonderful enough to check in a few days after the wedding to make sure everything turned out the way I wanted it to. I can not say enough wonderful things. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Roxana C

Jenny is amazing. She is very straightforward and listens to exactly what you want. I was a little hesitant at first because I didn't get the best feeling from the admin assistant who handles all emails, but between Jenny and her assistant Rachael, the work they did on the day... Read More of the wedding could not be better. I got hair and makeup done for 9 of us and everything went very smoothly! I loved how Jenny had before and after pics up on her website -- those pics are actually what made me realize she was the right artist for me! I couldn't be happier with the work Jenny did and she definitely made me feel beautiful on my big day! She is extremely talented in what she does.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Sarah L

Anyone that can make an average person look beautiful is truly a phenomenal artist. That is Jenny! I was hoping for "natural" looking makeup and Jenny did exactly that. I received tons of compliments on my updo. I had an early morning, small wedding and I was shocked my hair and... Read More makeup lasted all night. Other than being an amazing artist, Jenny has a super nice personality and made the entire experience pleasant. Jenny exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Diana S

Jenny did an excellent job on my makeup. It looked great and lasted the entire night. She came on time and was completely prepared. She is really nice and great to work with! I would recommend coming to her with a good idea of what you want; she isn't the type of person to make... Read More decisions for you.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Wan T

I found Jenny through an online search, and fell in love with her work. She was already booked on my wedding day, but luckily she happened to be at the same hotel where I was getting ready, and was willing to swing by afterwards. She did such a fantastic job that my fiance's... Read More jaw dropped at our First Look, and a wedding guest put it best: "You look like the best possible version of yourself." Which is exactly what I hoped for. Thanks a million, Jenny!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 WEIJEN K

I had a fail trail before Jenny. I was anxious on looking a good make up and hair artist for myself, bridesmaids, MOB,MOG and some attendance. I had my first trail on January (the coldest day of the year). My skin was dehydrated and the make up had a bit of cake. Plus, I was... Read More undecided if I wanted a romantic or a polish look. Jenny was very nice in guiding me and assuring me that the make up will be better in the summer. She also was very patient in giving me her opinion about my hair. I absolutely trusted her knowledge and skills. On the day of my wedding, I have attendance who wanted to add make up (partial make up). Jenny was very nice to add her, even though, they were working in a tight schedule. My make up and hair were perfect on my wedding. I really really love it. NO COMPLAINS!! She knows what she is doing. The 2nd artist Olivia was perfect too!! My bridal party were gorgeous. *** I always thought that doing make up and hair for Asian people, you need to find Asian stylist. However, I was totally wrong. Jenny and Olivia can handle any type of party. Thank you Jenny and Olivia in handling my bridal party in a good way! :D Nora

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Lisa G

The job of the hair and makeup artist on your wedding day is to make you look amazing and feel beautiful. Jenny did this-- twice! I had a two-day wedding (second day was a Chinese banquet) so I had Jenny do the same look for me both days. Her work was consistent and flawless.... Read More Both days I got lots of compliments on how I looked and, more importantly, I felt beautiful. For makeup, Jenny used airbrush foundation on me, which worked out pretty well. On my wedding day, the look was completed at 12 PM for a 6 PM ceremony, with dancing at around 10 PM. It held up the entire night, no oil peeking through or anything (well, up until we started dancing and there was sweat... but no makeup can really withstand the level of dancing my guests and I were doing). I was also impressed with how Jenny did my eyes-- one of my eyes has a deeper crease than the other, but Jenny's skillful use of eyeshadow made them look even. For hair, I did a high bun with curls and some tendrils on the sides. I was impressed because this hair not only looked awesome but was able to withstand the forces of gravity for 12+ hours. I have thick, heavy hair and baby hairs near my forehead so usually when I do updos, they start sagging and looking a little Lion King-ish. Jenny was able to do her magic and it looked beautiful and stayed put. I strongly recommend that any brides who go with Jenny have an idea of what hairdo they want, with front & back pictures. When I did my hair & makeup trial, I came with photos but asked for some changes to be made (without pictures of what those changes would look like). I thought it would be okay since I'm used to going to hair salons where you can offer a vague idea of what you want and the stylists run with it and make you look awesome. But Jenny needed more specifics than that, and because I couldn't provide a better picture of what I wanted, the hairdo look so-so. For my own peace of mind, I requested a second hair-only trial, this time with very specific pictures of exactly what I wanted. My hair turned out great! I was a little nervous because it didn't seem as "finished" (I had some flyaways, over a few hours some curls fell out), but Jenny reassured me that on the day of the wedding, she would secure everything and that it was just a trial. And she was right! She definitely delivered on an awesome hair and makeup look that lasted the entire evening. Justina, her office manager, responds quickly and is good at answering questions or accommodating requests. Rachel did my bridesmaids' hair, which looked awesome -- we went for a low bun with a side braid. Rachel was able to do this hairstyle for all five girls in about 2 hours (!!), and even do this look on one of my bridesmaids who had a short bob. Jenny and her team are amazing. Go with them! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016

Jenny helped me look flawless on my wedding day! I recommend her!

Jenny Luu

Hi! I'm Jenny, a creative makeup and hair styling artist, wife, mama to 4 little ones (two are furry) with a lifelong passion for the beauty industry. I can not wait to start chatting with you. I love all the pretty details that are part of a wedding and dedicated to working with brides for the past 9 years. I truly enjoy getting to know my clients and making them feel and look their very best while educating them on proper skincare and daily maintenance. Skin first and makeup second is the key to flawless results.