Cakes + Desserts

1053 Lincoln Avenue, San Jose, CA

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Jodie G

Our cake was delicious! And it was just what we had asked for! Our consultation was excellent too. They took into consideration how many people, if we wanted to save the top tier, utilized sheet cakes to keep the cost of the cake lower for us, and created the design just as we... Read More wanted. During our consultation, we had our cake tasting. They had small slices of all their cakes/icings for you to sample on a platter and allowed you to mix and match if you so desired. The best tasting cake we had (and free)! And in a room surrounded with some of their cake designs for your own inspiration. The placement of our cake toppers was perfect! The reason for 4 out of 5 stars though was for the small bulge we had on the top tier of our cake. This could have been from transportation, heat (although it was located inside), or from placement of the flowers. Just wish it wasn't there or that the cake was rotated, so it wasn't noticeable in photos. Overall, we'd recommend Jen's Cakes!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Samantha Z

Jen's Cakes was so easy to work with! Our cake turned out even more perfect then we pictured!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Jessica S

I loved Jen's cakes! Chris and I made a tasting appointment and loved a couple of the flavors. We knew we didn't want a huge cake so we opted for a small 6" cake and desserts. We got 3 different flavors of mini cupcakes- raspberry white, red velvet, and chocolate mocha, as... Read More well as chocolate covered strawberries and rice krispies (our fave desserts). This was more ideal for us because our guests had options of trying a few different things out and didn't even need a plate! They were very affordable as well and the set up at our venue looked beautiful. I had someone else return the stands and such after the wedding for us (you have up to a week after the even to turn in rentals) since we left for our honeymoon the next day. Overall, I was very happy with the service and quality from Jen's cakes!

You won't find a better tasting cake!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Kristen C

Jen's Cakes truly knows how to treat their brides! We had the best wedding cake tasting and believe me, every type of cake they serve is delicious! They also are willing to create your dream cake. I found a tiered cake I liked on pinterest and they were able to recreate it to a... Read More tee. And I can not stress how delicious the actual cake is! This vendor is super easy to work with and highly recommend it! Not to mention, Jen placed 3rd on the latest "The Next Great Baker" - there's definitely talent at this bakery!!!

Tastiest cake and mini desserts

Reviewed on 8/02/2014 Leah F

Jen's Cakes made our wedding cake and mini desserts for our wedding at Casa Real July 2014. Cake tasting was the part of wedding planning that I was most looking forward to since I LOVE desserts and bake/decorate cakes as a hobby. We went to several places and Jen's cakes had... Read More the best tasting cakes! At the tasting we got to taste 10-12 flavors of cake/frosting, and they even gave us a paper corresponding to the flavors to write notes on our favorite flavors. My fiance couldn't attend the tasting and they wrapped up his tasting pieces so he did his own tasting at home. I loved that they gave us so many flavors to try; many bakeries only let you try 4-6 flavors, which makes it hard to select your cake flavors when they have so many choices! We also had Jen's Cakes bake mini desserts for our wedding favors. The mini desserts were a hit and people said they tasted great! My only regret is that we didn't order more mini desserts since we ran out pretty quickly...we had ordered cake for each guest and 2.5 mini desserts/person, but the venue served the mini desserts first and guests took some to-go early in the evening.

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Krystal H

Jen's cakes was the most delicious wedding cake. I am still eating it a month later! I have so many compliments on it after the wedding. There was a small error in the cake, but they were very nice about it, and took care of the problem. The most important part was that my... Read More entire cake was gluten free.

Gorgeous and Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/16/2012 Ashley E

Jen's Cakes is so amazing! The staff is super friendly and helpful (we worked with Jen and Kristi). The cake tasting was so much fun and there were so many options. Not only does Jen make delicious cakes, they are absolutely gorgeous! When we walked into her shop we were amazed... Read More at the beautiful and intricate designs that were on display. Jen and Kristi were so flexible and understanding when we had to up our cake size. On the day of our wedding, I was so impressed with the smooth delivery and set up. The cake was beautiful and everything we hoped it would be. The serving sizes were full slices of cake (not mini servings as you might see at weddings) Everyone thought the cake was so yummy, they were asking for seconds! I can't imagine going anywhere else for a cake for any special occasion.

Delicious & Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Diana V

Our cake was delicious. Just moist enough and I loved the pairings of the filling with the flavors of the cake. They don't offer a free anniversary cake, but it was OK as it was a free cake with our venue (The Ranch Golf Club). They also baked our favors (cake shot... Read More pops!). The red velvet cakes were moist and the right amount of sweet. They were well-presented. Service was good overall, but did require a couple of follow-ups. The only thing that was a bit hard to work with is that you don't always know who you will get when you email. They share one email account and respond, so there isn't always accountability about who has and hasn't responded.

Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Megan S

Our cake turned out well, but getting to that point was a little nerve wrecking. My fiance and I had a tasting, and decided to book on the spot. I submitted my order and paid in full. I received a post card personally from Jen a few weeks later thanking me for booking, which... Read More was nice. About a week later, I got a call from someone at Jen's Cakes asking me if I had made a decision about who I wanted to make my wedding cake. Um, yeah, you! A little scary when I had already paid in full. All's well that ends well though. The cake was delivered on time, and it was beautiful. The lemon cake with lemon icing was my favorite. The price was reasonable as well.

My Perfect Cake

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Nicole M

Jen created my Wedding Cake and my surprise Groom's cake for our rehearsal dinner. Both were amazingly delicious and gorgeous to look at. My wedding cake turned out better than I could have ever dreamed! Thank you Jen for your hard work!!!

Fabulous Bakery

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 Stella A

We ordered our wedding cupcakes as well as a single 6-inch cake from Jen's cakes, and we couldn't be happier. The cupcakes came out beautifully with lovely purple and blue flowers on each cupcake as we requested to match our wedding colors. The cakes were all equally delicious... Read More (chocolate with fudge frosting & lemon with cream cheese frosting.) All our guests raved about them and many went back for seconds! Jen was very flexible with us changing the number of cupcakes we needed twice since we booked her a year in advance. The tasting was very helpful to figure out the flavors we wanted, and they had wonderful suggestions about how to decorate the 6-inch cake to match our wedding decor since we had nothing in mind. She also lent us a cupcake tower to hold all the cakes and display them beautifully before we dug in! As we arrived at the venue, the cupcakes were being artfully arranged right on time, and everything was taken care of just wonderfully without me having to worry or stress at all. I really appreciate this wonderful vendor and recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Valerie C

I had my wedding at the Ranch Golf Club in San Jose, and Jen's Cakes was included in our package, so I really didn't have much of a choice when it came to picking cakes. Thankfully, Jen's was great so it really didn't matter! The package included a standard 3 tier cake, but we... Read More wanted 4 so we had to pay for the bottom tier. We went with a white cake with buttercream frosting and strawberry/cream cheese filling. It was so fresh and delicious! Our guests loved it! I would recommend them.

August wedding

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Susan M

Fabulous! Any flavor cake tastes great. I didn't know what design I wanted with the fresh flowers, so the day of they did what they thought best and it was perfect!

Beautiful Yummy Cake!

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Sara H

I found Jen's Cakes on Yelp... first off let me say they make a lasting impression- the cake tasting was organized, attentive and professional. they were expecting us and prepared for us. After the tasting we received a very thoughtful postcard to thank us for our time. When... Read More they told us they could basically do whatever we wanted, we were sold... aside from that the cake is AWESOMELY good- and I'm not even a cake person! We chose the Love Notes Design and it was beautiful. We ordered a three tier cake with a half sheet on the side. Each cake layer was a different flavor and I had all 4 flavors! LOL My husband didn't get any cake, so I'm going to order cupcakes for him to surprise him... and maybe I'll feed them to him! LOL

Jen's Cakes

Reviewed on 5/03/2012 w w

I ABSOLUTELY love Jen's Cakes. Her sample cakes are absolutely beautiful. The taste of her cakes are just as awesome as well. I had a set design I wanted & she made it come to life. My cake was breathtaking & she truly completed my wedding. If ever I need a cake for... Read More any ocassion, I will go to Jen's Cakes.

I recommend Jen's Cakes

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 Jessica L

Jen's Cakes are so good. My venue had a list of places that I had to get a cake from to avoid the cake cutting cost and Jen's cakes was one of them. I tried several different places and their was the best. So good! My husband doesn't even like cake but he loved the samples.... Read More We got the German Chocolate and Lemon with Raspberry and it was really good.

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 julie R

Jen's cakes did a fantastic job with our wedding. We had a little wedding cake and cupcakes. They were beautiful and tasted fantastic. Besides doing a great job at our wedding, they hosted a fantastic cake tasting which we really enjoyed!

Sweet is right!

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Faith P

I am not a big "cake" person, but my husband is. This cake was amazing! The red velvet is a crowd pleaser. We also had the lemon cake which was my personal favorite!! Just great!

Black and white and yummy

Reviewed on 6/14/2011 Reyna D

Jen and her staff were amazing. We literally gave them a sketch of what we wanted and it came out beautifully. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding cake. Now to say that the cake looked good is an understatement. And the better part is that the cake tasted amazing! My... Read More guest are still talking about the cake. I can't wait to eat the topper at our one year Anniversary.

Reviewed on 12/06/2010 Michelle M

Jen's Cakes was delicious! We got a 3 tiered cake with 2 tiers of white cake with raspberry cream cheese filling and 1 tier with chocolate and mocha truffle filling. It was so yummy and our guests loved it! The cake looked beautiful. It was simple but very elegant. I also... Read More thought there prices were very fair and it was actually less than we thought it would be.

Reviewed on 10/06/2010 Darcie K

Yummy cakes & great service. We selected red velvet and coconut cupcakes with a small cake on top so we could cut it. We had a fall wedding so we had them add these beautiful chocolate leaves to the display. Everything was delicious & our guests raved about the cupcakes.

Jen's cakes

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 jesse w

We loved the chocolate wedding cake we ordered -tasted great. The only thing is that they are hard to get ahold of.

Jen's Cakes

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Melissa C

We got our wedding cake made at Jen's cakes. Overall, they did a great job (the cake came out like we designed), however, they were very hard to get in touch with over the phone. It was also difficult to contact them via email (very slow response time) and arrange a... Read More meeting. They are very busy, but the cake looked and tasted great.

Amazing taste and Quality

Reviewed on 9/01/2010 Michelle L

I took my save the date in and they designed the whole cake around it. The cake looked amazing and the guests raved about how good it was.

Reviewed on 8/11/2010 Jennifer O

Jen's cakes did an amazing job with my cupcake display. It was more beautiful than I even imagined!! Not only were they gorgeous to look at, but they were DELICIOUS too!! She was delightful to work with, as was her husband and toddler who was walking around the office. I... Read More like supporting family run establishments and was very happy to give them my business. VERY reasonably priced and cupcakes save you a cake cutting fee that most locations charge!!