Award-Winning Guitarist with Expansive Repertoire

Experienced wedding guitarist w/ a repertoire that spans every era: Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Spanish-Romantic, Flamenco & even contemporary pop/rock! For the latter, I create solo guitar arrangements of songs upon request, which maintains it's familiarity while adding a charming elegance. These arrangements are a huge hit with wedding couples! Planning & performing music for weddings is my passion and profession. Thanks to well over 100+ 5/5 star reviews, I have won the "Best of Weddings" ever year I've been on The Knot! This past year, I earned The Knot's "Hall of Fame" award for winning "Best of Weddings" in my first 4 years. Needless to say, providing music for your big day is an extreme honor & privilege for me, and an opportunity that I would never take for granted!

Instruments

Guitar

Classical, Flamenco, Pop, R&B, Rock

Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Greater Chicagoland Area (630) 853-9182
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Jessica T

Jim way exceeds the 5 stars. He is such a talented, easy-going, ready for challenges, accommodating, very knowledgeable in all types of music in which he can personalize it to your liking. He truly serves his clients by responding to their demands and yet does is with humility... Read More and grace. What truly made my wedding special was Jim's beautiful guitar playing and singing!! I will always remember my husband's and my "first dance" as Jim combined Ed Sheeran's song, "Thinking out Loud" version with Jim's acoustic guitar playing and his voice taking over in mid-song to the end. He helped make that very specific moment just that more special. He exemplifies romance and really knows how to help embrace that moment. He knows how to entertain the audience and keep them involved. We stretched Jim in many ways (DJ, singer, guitar player) and he excelled in all of them. We were all having such a good time that we didn't realize the time as Jim played past the agreed time. He never complained, never showed an urgency to leave, or never showed an attitude. He was a class act. A genuine, optimistic, kind-hearted man that is doing what he loves to do. It truly shows. Every one at the wedding really enjoyed hearing him. I highly recommend him to be a part of any of your most special events. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Andrew B

I couldn't be more pleased with the way Jim performed. The music sounded beautiful and he picked up several songs by request with ease, and made wonderful renditions of some of my favorite tunes. Most notably, our chosen song for our first dance, "I Like What You Say." Jim... Read More was super easy to work with. Extremely patient and flexible, not to mention cost effective. His suggestions made it is easy for us to arrange what to play and when to play it, and he was ultimately responsible for creating a lovely ambiance. Not sure what our wedding would have been like without his music. All our guests loved his music just as much as we did. Thank you Jim!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kelly and Jeff B

Jim Perona – Classical Guitar Performance September 17, 2016 Baker Wedding We actually met Jim Perona at an event at the Morton Arboretum and immediately knew that we wanted him to perform at our wedding celebration on September 17, 2016. From initial contact Jim was always... Read More professional, so personable, with quick follow-up to our many questions. Although Jim has an amazing repertoire, he went out of his way to add a few of our sentimental favorites! Our wedding celebration took place at Gibson’s in Oak Brook. Jim arrived early and began right on time! Our guests loved Jim and his music, as well as did the guests in the room next door as they were dancing to the beautiful harmonies too. Jim played for four hours straight and never hesitated in his song selection or looked at any music sheets!! Truly amazing! Our wedding day memories were greatly enhanced by Jim and his music being a part of it. We will always be grateful to Jim for sharing his passion, talent, and gift for making beautiful music. We would highly recommend Jim Perona for your wedding or special event!!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Stephanie D

Jim is absolutely amazing! We loved having him play for our guests during the ceremony and cocktail hour. He is extremly talented and easy to work with. He plays all throughout the year in the Chicagoland area making it easy to listen to him prior to booking. Having Jim... Read More definitely added an extra touch to making the our wedding day spectacular.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Anjali A

I heard Jim playing at our venue's tasting and I was intrigued. We looked at his play list and I didn't see "our song" on his list. I asked him if he knew the song, played it on my phone, and after a bit of thought, he started putting it together! I am SO pleased with his... Read More work - his rendition of ALL his songs, and our special song, were truly PERFECT. I wouldn't have done anything differently! His song choices were perfect for our group and the crowd loved him! THANK YOU!! Anjali and Bob, married 9/23/2017, Morton Arboretum

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Dustin H

Jim was great! He learned not one but TWO songs that were special requests from us and nailed them both. He shared his ideas over video and was open to feedback/suggestions. He set the right tone that we were looking for. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Michelle S

Jim played at our wedding and cocktail hour on Aug 25 at Blumen Gardens in Sycamore. I can’t remember if I have already written a review, but I definitely wanted to make known how talented he was! Hiring Jim was one of the easiest and painless parts of wedding planning. He... Read More knows what he’s doing and will just keep the music coming. He played everything, even our requested song, just beautifully. Totally recommend him!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kerry K

Working with Jim was seamless and one of the best wedding decisions I made. I chose Jim to play at my ceremony because he is a beautiful guitar player. I've heard Jim play many times before in a local restaurant; he always captures the attention of his guests. During the... Read More planning process, Jim was very responsive and helped me pick songs that would be unique and fitting for my wedding. At the wedding, the music was amazing. Jim's sound is so distinct and beautiful. Many of our guests commented on the music. We walked down the aisle to "Here Comes The Sun." Jim slowed it down so the pace felt righ t. For our recessional, we chose "Ho Hey" which was a perfect choice. Jim is personable and committed to making your event perfect. Highly, highly recommend :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 L B

Jim was wonderful to work with for our wedding this past July. He learned two new songs just for us and was incredibly flexible when we had to move our ceremony to another location due to rain. He played beautifully and was professional at every stage. Thank you, Jim!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Clare S

My wife and I used Jim at our wedding a few weeks ago and he was fabulous. We received many compliments from our guests. He is beyond talented and such a pleasure to work with. He made things so easy for us with his vast knowledge of various types of music, he was able to... Read More make song suggestions based on the kind of music we told him we liked. We would definitely recommend him for any event. He adds that special and fun touch.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Matthew S

Jim was absolutely amazing to have at our outdoor wedding in Lake Geneva, WI at the Abbey Resort on July 8. He was very communicative throughout the entire planning process, sent us song suggestions, and was well prepared, professional and on time on our big day. Many of my... Read More guests took the time to let me know they thought he made the day extra special, he was SO good. I booked him for the ceremony, and I wish I would have had him through the cocktail hour as well. He is the best!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Karyn N

Jim was one of the best decisions we made with our whole wedding and we received plenty of compliments from our guests. He was incredibly easy to remain in contact with, reasonably priced and provided us with a variety of song suggestions for specific parts of our ceremony. His... Read More music was truly beautiful and I loved every minute of it. I would recommend Jim to anyone and everyone I know!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Karen Barron B

Jim Perona was outstanding...He added so much positive energy to our wedding. We received so many compliments about Jim and his amazing skill. We would highly recommend Jim Perona!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Erika and Joe K

We hired Jim to play acoustic guitar at our wedding ceremony and lunch. He was very professional, prompt in answering all our questions and very easy to work with. We requested a specific song and he learned it for us. He played it beautifully. On our wedding day, He showed up... Read More in plenty of time to set up. After the ceremony, he smoothly transitioned to the location of luncheon so that he was playing music when guests arrived. He is a very talented musician and he received compliments from many of our guests. We highly recommend Jim and we would hire him a gain in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Jen G

We had Jim play at our wedding on September 15th at Hidden Vineyard Wedding Barn in Michigan. He was great to work with! Very professional and easy going. We asked for certain songs to be played and he was so accommodating! If we had any questions, he responded promptly. Our... Read More guests loved having him play and thought it was a perfect touch .. it was a wonderful feeling having him play a song that was a tribute to my dad as I walked down the aisle. I'll never forget the feeling!!! Thank you so much Jim for making our special day memorable !!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Taylor H

Jim was so wonderful to work with!! He played guitar during our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, and our guests loved his music! Not only was he extremely timely in his communication leading up to the wedding, but he is so talented at what he does! His music set the tone... Read More during one of the most meaningful moments in our life, and we are so thankful we were able to work with him. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Cara M

Jim was awesome! He played for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I loved him and so did my guest! He plays very well and has a great selection of songs (many Beatles options too!). I was very impressed. He is also very professional, he responded to all my emails in a timely... Read More matter. I would choose him again if I needed him for another event.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Thomas O

Jim played an eclectic variety of wisely selected classical, Flamenco and popular songs for our wedding. His style was perfectly suited for the smallish venue we chose and almost all of our guests commented on his tremendous talent – some event approached him about playing at an... Read More event they were hosting. Jim was friendly, flexible and exceptionally easy to work with. He comes with my highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Kareza D

I am still very thankful that we chose Jim as our guitarist for our wedding ceremony. He is a wonderful person, easy to contact and talk with. Very knowledgeable and flexible as well. Most of all, he played our favorites songs on our wedding day perfectly. It made our ceremony... Read More more romantic!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Katie K

It was important for us to have a musician perform the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour at our wedding. During our research, we discovered Jim’s page and never looked back. After viewing the videos available on his site we immediately reached out and booked him.... Read More Correspondence with Jim was very easy and he was always there to answer any questions we had. I emailed Jim a few weeks before the wedding with our song choices for the ceremony, and a few genres to stick to for the cocktail hour. He absolutely nailed it. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about our music, as there is something so raw and beautiful to walk down the aisle to a solo guitarist. And, he filled the outdoor courtyard with music for the cocktail hour. It was simple and romantic and perfect for our day. If you’re looking to top off your day with an amazing musician – I can’t recommend Jim highly enough!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Cassandra S

We were so excited when we were able to book Jim for our wedding as he had so many good reviews! Jim played during our ceremony - classical guitar for the prelude and procession and classical Spanish guitar for the exit. My husband and I were planning the wedding from a... Read More different state, Jim was very helpful in sending over recordings of his music and recommend song suggestions. He was always available to talk on the phone and discuss ideas. The day of the wedding was gloomy and a bit cold. Jim did a WONDERFUL job under these conditions. The music was absolutely beautiful and made our special day that much more perfect. We had many compliments from guests on how nice Jim's music was. Thank you Jim Perona, we will always remember the beautiful songs that were played!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Kelly F

We were so happy we booked Jim to play Spanish guitar music during our cocktail hour. Jim was very responsive and professional during the whole planning process. He is also a very talented guitar player and really created the vibe we were hoping for. Of course, as the bride... Read More and groom we were not able to participate much in our cocktail hour but we loved hearing his live music while we were there and have heard plenty of wonderful compliments from our guests who enjoyed his guitar playing. Would definitely recommend booking Jim!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Michael A

Don't even think twice - you should go with Jim. His music is beautiful, he is professional, and it was one of those pieces that pulled the whole ceremony together.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Katie S

We cannot say enough about how amazing Jim is and how we appreciated all of his talent and effort at our wedding. My husband extensively researched musicians for our wedding and about 2 songs into Jim's repertoire we knew we found the right guy for the job. All communication... Read More with Jim was friendly, professional and timely. He is a master of his craft and did everything he could to ensure my husband and I felt comfortable and taken care from our very first email until he packed up and left our wedding. We had the pleasure of attending one of Jim's shows at a restaurant in Wheaton (after we already signed the contract) and we had an absolutely amazing time. We could tell instantly that he is passionate about his music and plays such a wide variety that it's hard not to like him regardless of your musical taste. He even took the time to chat with us at our table during his break, which gave us a nice opportunity to get to know each other a little better prior to the wedding. Jim ended up being the sole musician for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He learned a new song at our request and played everything phenomenally; our wedding truly would not have been the same without him. We received so many compliments from our guests - even my mother was impressed and she is notoriously hard to please. :) We highly recommend Jim's services!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Charlotte P

My husband and I were SO lucky to find Jim! He is an incredibly talented guitarist and was a huge part of making our ceremony what we dreamed it would be. We gave him two songs (one for the bridal party walking down the aisle and one for bride). The one from the bridal party had... Read More some acoustic guitar videos on youtube, so we had an idea what we though it would sound like - but Jim made it better! The song for me was one that is not popular, but I think of my husband every time I hear it. I really wanted a nice acoustic guitar to play it while I walked down the aisle. Jim did just that. I couldn't find any acoustic guitar videos for him to go off of, but he put his spin on it and played perfectly. I highly recommend him if you are looking for a beautiful acoustic guitar sound. We were also fortunate to see him playing in Chicago and saw what he can really do and it is pretty incredible. You won't be disappointed. Thank you Jim!