Distinctive, laid-back, no pressure photography

Distinctive, laid-back, no pressure photography. Candid and posed images. Specialized in tilt-shift photography, custom vintage coloring, and albums designed to your vision. Based in Metropolitan Detroit, available for events all over. We're same-sex friendly.

Documentary, Editorial

Engagement

Photo + Video

Clawson, MI
Detroit, Chicago, NYC, SF

Believe the hype!

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Rachelle R

JLB is the most talented photographer I've come across. My husband and I planned a small family wedding, the one thing I refused to sacrifice was a photographer. I searched the internet high and low and feel so fortunate to have come across JLB. We ultimately decided on a... Read More wedding date based on his availability and he did not disappoint. Every photo is outstanding and he couldn't have been more fun, nice or professional. He left our wedding at 11:30pm and by 1:00am there were already teaser photos online - I'm not sure how he does it! He seriously amazing and I would hire him again in a heart beat!

Jeffrey is the best!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 kendra k

Thank you Jeffrey for capturing my wedding in your amazing photos. You are an original and your work speaks for itself! My husband and I are honored to have worked with you. We chose not to have a videographer because we knew Jeffrey could capture and preserve our moments in his... Read More photos the way we'd like to remember them. We were right! We highly recommend Jeffrey. He is a consummate professional with a creative eye unlike any other. Thanks Jeffrey!!

JLB is the best!

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Ron G

Hands down one of, if not the best choice we made as far as our wedding goes. JLB was great in capturing what we were exactly looking for. Right from our first meeting, we were really comfortable with Jeff and what he wanted to capture for our wedding. He definitely listens... Read More to what his customers are looking for and makes sure he is a match with the couple. He really blended in during our wedding day and felt like one of the family. Last but not least, the pictures of course turned out great. We didn't know what to expect from the poses and angles he was making us do until we saw the prints. Thanks again for everything JLB!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Andrea G

Jeffrey was amazing to work with. I have our engagement photos proudly displayed in our home and can't wait to integrate our wedding photos as well. He's very responsive and put me at ease on our wedding day. He was well organized and worked great with our large wedding party... Read More and larger families. After the wedding our prints and album were ready extremely fast. Honestly one of the best vendor decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Jeffrey, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Jesyka P

My husband and I planned a small backyard wedding and we decided to put the majority of our wedding budget into photography. We stumbled upon JLB through a facebook post my mother-in-law had seen and instantly fell in love with his artistic style. We called him up and made our... Read More wedding date the only date he had left on his 2015 calendar. JLB is prompt, professional, and exceptionally talented. He shot both our engagement and wedding photographs and we loved them. We also received so many compliments from our family and friends about how great and unique our photography turned out. Would recommend to anyone looking for unique and unforgettable wedding photography. Plus you get all your photographs within a week! Most of my friends had to wait months to get their wedding photographs, JLB posts teasers the very next day.

Reviewed on 5/08/2015

Working with JLB was the most painless, easy experience. We met with him via Skype to talk about our day and ease any concerns that we had. Once our day arrived, he was very friendly and so easy to work with. Even to the point our wedding party thought he was a close friend. I... Read More think his work speaks for itself but the customer service received after the wedding far exceeded my expectations. Less than 24 hours after our date, he posted previews on Facebook. We were expecting a handful of shots but there were over 50 images! Within weeks we had our proof book and images uploaded online. His turn around time is insane, especially considering the quality of work. He was always available for questions and responded within an hour or two to each email. I wouldn't choose any other photographer. Remember, this day only happens once and there's only one chance to capture it. Do the right thing and hire Jeffrey.

Unforgettable.

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Shabnam S

"I can't imagine our wedding without Jeffrey." What every girl expects to hear from her husband on their honeymoon. But, I couldn't agree more. When searching for a photographer, JLBwedding's pictures made me pause. Jeffrey's style is distinctive. He captures couples in their... Read More most beautiful and creative light without making them appear artificial. I did not want engagement pictures. But, after seeing the engagement pictures on his page, I instantly changed my mind. I contacted him as quickly as I could and he responded just as quickly; a trend that continued throughout the process. Everything about our wedding was unbelievable and Jeffrey truly made every moment that much better. He knew when to direct (Persians can be pushy and less than punctual) and when to transition to some sort of stealth mode. And, then by some even crazier magic, these amazing pictures that encapsulated our favorite day popped up before our eyes the very next day! So, it's true, we thought about Jeffrey on our honeymoon. And, I can't imagine our wedding without him.

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Veronica P

When it was time for me to start planning my wedding, I had no idea where to start. Since I plan weddings for a living, picking my vendors was going to be a challenge since I know and have worked with so many! However, once I started reaching out, my choice for JLB was an easy... Read More one. I absolutely loved his style of photography. When we met up for our engagement session, I was so nervous. Nervous I would look bad or funny, but he made all of that go away within the first 5 minutes. The next 2 hours were great (freezing, but the photos turned out wonderful!) Now fast forward 11 months to our wedding. I don't know what I would have done without him. He just has a way of working with the bride and groom. That tiny grin he'll get behind the camera to help you break into a genuine smile. Being totally understanding if the bride needs a moment to slow down and take in her surroundings. He was able to keep our staged 30 minute church photos moving, even when we had a hiccup with one of the bridesmaids. He made the day so easy - like he was a friend truly invested in our day. Within 24 hours I got a "sneak peak" which was over 40 photos. The perfect send off for our honeymoon. I then received all of the other photos within one week. Yes, ONE WEEK. I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful and timely that is! I have brides who it takes over 3 months (yes, 3 MONTHS!) to get their wedding photos back. A week after I got home from our honeymoon, I received a box on my front door. A customized flash drive holder, a hard cover book with all images, and several printed images all packaged beautifully. It was the perfect surprise that day. JLB puts so much thought and effort into every single photo. He makes the day effortless and captures every single moment. I would suggest him to every bride and groom looking for a photographer who wants to capture their day. Who doesn't just do the "pinterest" photos - but actually puts creativity into your wedding photos and captures the true beauty of the day.

Best Photographer Money Can Buy

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Jessica W

I used him for both my engagement photos and wedding photos and couldn't be happier with the result. His photos are artistic and gorgeous and unlike every other wedding photographer you've seen. Unbelievable talent. Just as important- he's a great guy who will show up on time... Read More and make sure you get the shots you want and the shots you didn't know you wanted. He's one of the only vendors I had that never upset me during the entire wedding process. The quality is unmatched. If you can book him, do it now.

JLB is the BEST decision you will ever make (...in addition to your significant other)

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Kelly C

First and foremost: if you are reading this right now, the most important piece of advice I can provide you is to open a separate tab and contact Jeffrey immediately about your date and his availability…and then come back! All you need to do is read one or two reviews, and... Read More you’ll know that contacting Jeffrey will be the best decision you’ll ever make with respect to your wedding. It’s taken me so long to come and write a review because I’ve been trying to find the right words that truly describe Jeffrey. No words can come close to defining how amazing he is to work with…but trust that you too will be at a loss for words because you are in utter awe of his professionalism and artistic views. It’s been 3 months since our wedding at the DAC and people are still talking about how impressed they were with Jeffrey; those who were in the wedding party, attended the wedding, simply just viewed the pictures from the day. From the minute you are fortunate enough to confirm Jeff for your day, he’s available to answer any questions you may have (I’m convinced he doesn’t sleep) & is so diligent about understanding exactly what you are looking for leading up to the big day…that when the day arrives, you just have to worry about smiling, laughing with your significant other, and finding a glass of champagne. Because the material you will receive after your wedding aren’t just “pictures”, but rather a mesmerizing novel of such a significant part of your life that you’ll hold dearly for years and years to come.

Memorable photos that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Rachael M

We worked with Jeff in June 2014 for our engagement photos. We were really excited about having a beautiful, warm and sunny day to walk around to some of our favorite places in Chicago. Unfortunately, the weather didn't get the memo and the forecast looked like it was going to... Read More downpour the whole day. Jeff and I talked on the phone the night before and we both decided that no matter what the weather we were going to make the best of it. The day came and low and behold, the rain was coming at us full force. But we were determined to make the best of it - even though I was pretty upset. We braved the weather, and along the way we were finding really interesting places to take photos that were at least a little bit out of the rain. The last location of the day was a rooftop with one of the most spectacular views overlooking the city. We decided that when we got up there, we would lose the umbrella and face the rain head on. So there we are, 25 stories high, strong winds blowing at us and cold rain soaking us to the bone. It was extremely scary. Later that night I was checking my email and I saw one from Jeff. He said that he couldn't wait to see the photographs and wanted to send us a preview of one of the rooftop shots he got. It was one of the most stunning photographs I have ever seen, the rain and clouds made it look like a fantasy! While the rain was an unfortunate element, it truly made our engagement photographs so unique and I'm so glad that Jeff - a true professional - calmed my nerves about it. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had and wouldn't change a thing about that day. My wedding is in May 2015 and we are of course using Jeff for that as well. I can't wait to see how those turn out!

If you don't think he's the best I will fight you.

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Eric K

Look...I'm not going to get all frilly and mushy about how Jeff captured every moment of our day and made both my wife and I look like a million bucks. But know that he did. If you care about your wedding photography, book this man. No it's not cheap...but neither is that... Read More dress you're going to wear. Once. Jeff isn't the type of photographer who will "recreate that ah-mazing pic you found on Pinterest". Go book that photographer if that's what you're about. He does however figure out what's important to you guys, and takes time to make sure you feel 100% comfortable/awesome. If you want run of the mill, discounted wedding photos...it's super easy to find a putz with a camera and flash. But if you want real, honest artistry...JLB is it. You're welcome.

Best Day of Our Lives Captured By JLBWedding

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Ashley D

Jeffrey was absolutely amazing on our wedding day. He had done our engagement photos which I loved, but really blew us away on our wedding day. He kept me calm, knew what to do, where to always be to get every shot possible. He even helped button my dress when we needed some... Read More help! He was easy going and fun- and handled our bridal party so well. We had so much fun and can't thank him enough for being a part of our day. I would HIGHLY recommend him and there is no question his work is THE BEST. I love the photos I have seen and can't wait to see the rest. I am so thankful he was able to capture these beautiful moments that we can look back on for the rest of our lives. It was truly the best day and JLB Captured it perfectly.

Breathtaking Wedding Photography!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Jennifer D

We originally found Jeff through the knot.com and after seeing his gorgeous photos and unique style I knew we needed to book him! We had our engagement photos with him first in February in - 20F weather!!! Jeff made us feel instantly comfortable in front of the camera and we got... Read More so many incredible shots despite our numb digits and rosy cheeks. Our wedding day was no different. Having him there was comforting, like seeing an old friend. He was present when needed and slipped into the background when needed too. He was even able to direct our large families for multiple photos in 15 minutes flat! But there are 3 reasons why everyone should hire Jeff. #1 His professionalism and quality of product. #2 His artistic talent and vision. #3 You will have so many stunning photos you will need more wall space to hang them all!!! Thanks Jeff!

JLB is phenomenal!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Van Thomas M

You know you've hired the perfect photographer when all of your guests are raving about him before your evening has even completed. The next morning, our teaser photos were posted and my husband and I could not have been more pleased. Each photo we viewed brought tears to our... Read More eyes, as we knew then we now had the most wonderful photographs to remember our special day by. This is even more incredible as we challenged Jeff from the very beginning, stating (rightfully so) we were not the most photogenic couple. Jeff is truly an artist and a great professional. Specifically while taking us through more urban parts of downtown Detroit; we felt both comfortable and proud of our love for each other as Jeff joked with us and put our worries to ease. He pays attention to every small detail. This may not seem important until it is YOUR wedding and your memories. He brought extra water and even offered us a zone bar when I mentioned my husbands blood sugar during our pre-wedding shoot. These details carry through to the packaging your zip drive and thumbnail album arrive in (perfection) as well as nice emails like, "watch your mail, a package should be arriving soon!" Don't hesitant to hire Jeff for any of your photographic needs, his work and professionalism will far exceed your expectations.

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Danielle S

I found JLB Wedding by asking for recommendations from friends. One of our groomsmen has a friend who is a photographer and he recommended that we reach out to Jeffery! I have to admit I was hesitant due to the cost, but after weeks of searching I realized that I compared the... Read More style of each photographer I saw to JLB. I finally bit the bullet and called and was overwhelmed by a sense of calm taking to Jeffery about our vision for our wedding. He just gets it. From understanding our theme, to offering up ideas for creative photos, to being patient and kind the day of, Jeffery is a true professional and artist. He took our wedding and elevated it to the next level! I cannot thank him enough for the incredibly beautiful photos and for capturing memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Beautiful Art, Wonderful Experience.

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Mandy M

My husband and I worked with Jeffrey for our engagement and wedding photos. We wanted to work with him because we wanted works if art, not your typical wedding photos. I had no idea he would be so much fun to work with. He is very laid back yet organized. He is fun and even our... Read More guests commented in how personable and professional he is. He is able to go with the crazy flow of a wedding day and capture it's spirit. The ONLY downside to working with him is that you will have too many amazing pictures at the end if the day to choose from. Seriously, we've run out of wall space. I highly recommend working with Jeffrey if you want amazing works of art depicting your wedding celebration. You won't be disappointed.

Amazing engagement photos

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Mandy C

I saw JLB's work featured in a publication and immediately knew I wanted to have him take our engagement photos. Based on what I had seen of his work, my expectations were high, but he managed to exceed them. We had a few key locations that we wanted to shoot at, and he... Read More managed the time so well that we were able to hit a couple extra spots. He has an amazing perspective and did such a great job of posing us and composing the pictures. He shared the pictures with us within a couple days, and the animated GIFs are a fun bonus. We have received tons of compliments and we love how the photos are so unique and capture some of our favorite locations in an artistic way.

The best investment

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Samantha M

I found JLB while searching through TheKnot's local vendors and was instantly obsessed. His photographs are so unique and artistic and fun - exactly what my husband and I were looking for. We were planning to get married in Skaneateles, NY so my first step was to concoct a very... Read More lengthy email persuading (begging) JLB to photograph our wedding. THANK GOD he said yes :) We also did an engagement session with JLB which made me even more excited to have him at our wedding. The pictures turned out AMAZING! His photographs are unique and priceless, by far the best investment we made. Now I just need to re-marry my husband every so often so I have an excuse to hire JLB again and again!

From a Tiny Gasp to Breathtaking Memories

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 pam f

My daughter came across the JLB Wedding website and immediately fell in love. Since she lives out of the country, I was charged with doing the research for her upcoming wedding. As we old folks tend to do, I went directly to the “Pricing” information. Here is where I had that... Read More tiny involuntary gasp. But wait! Then, I proceeded to the photos. The artistry in those photos is unmatched! As I did more checking, I found that JLB pricing is quite reasonable, but the photography is priceless. I do not know of any other photographer that captures so many perfect moments. There are many very good photographers in our area, but JLB is phenomenal. He is a true artist. Working with Jeff was so easy. He had us fill out forms in advance so he knew about all of those “special” shots to take. I imagine if one wanted some crazy picture of the undercarriage of the limo, JLB would do it. Plus he would do it in an amazing and creative way! We didn’t have any unusual requests, but Jeff has a certain intuition and perspective for those special moments that will become favorite memories. We also appreciated how unobtrusive he was. At other events, I have watched overbearing, intrusive photographers ordering people about and staging awkward scenes. Jeffrey is stealth-like. I do not have the words to describe the stunning photos we had to choose from. He gave us a wide range from whimsical to serious to romantic and the result is a spectacular cutting-edge collection. Best of all, we got a peek at some special photos almost immediately. His turn-around time is great for even the most impatient. If you are looking for photography that is both unique and artistic done by an affable and easy-going craftsman, you need to talk to Jeffrey Lewis Bennett. Your results will be breathtaking.

The best! Look no further!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Jasen S

This guy is a true artist and captured our wedding better than we could have ever expected. If you are looking for a true artist to capture your day, have your pictures stand out, and be better than any you've ever seen before, then look no further. He is also a blast to work... Read More with. He knows how to get the best shots and does it quick. He has a great sense of humor and makes you feel very comfortable the whole day. He also truly listens to what shots you want to accomplish and he makes it happen. You dont need a plan with him, just pick a area you like and show up and he will lead you to amazing shots and help you have a great time while you do it. We did both a engagement session and a full day of photos at our wedding and I highly reccommend you do the same! Worth every penny although jeffrey is very reasonably priced considering how superior his work is. Do both and keep him around for the whole day. You wont regret it! Stop reading this review and book him before someone else gets your date! Cheers! Best in the biz.

Jeffrey rocks!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 christine f

Jeffrey is the man!!! My fiance and I couldn't be happier with our NY Story Session/Engagement Shoot. He did a phenomenal job making us feel relaxed and capturing amazing, artistic shots! We had such a blast the entire time! Jeffrey is super professional and really talented... Read More at what he does. We had a few uncontrollable obstacles, i.e, subway delays and getting locked in at Central Park, and Jeffrey was super calm and quick at problem-solving. We had to climb a fence, and it was not easy in a dress but we all did it with smiles on our faces. And wow, does he know how to hustle! Because of the subway delays, we were running through the park to catch the sunset and he can run even with all of his heavy equipment! If you want memorable photos that stand out from all the typical engagement photos, go with Jeffrey! Everyone loved our photos and cannot stop commenting on how beautiful they are! Thank you Jeffrey for being so down-to-earth, easy to work with, and talented! Because of you, Michael and I will have photos that we'll cherish throughout our lives.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014

I found Jeffrey online and fell in love with his pictures. The moments he captured blew me away! After, meeting with Jeffrey, I knew I made the right choice! He has so much knowledge and passion for what he does and it shows! He was amazing to work with and captured so many... Read More amazing pictures! My favorite part of the pictures is that they truly tell the story of the love between my husband and I and more importantly our special day. I couldn't be happier!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 christa c

Jeffrey was fantastic! He is an incredibly talented photographer, all of the photos felt natural and encapsulated the energy of the day perfectly. He was super friendly, down to earth and a REALLY happy guy. We felt so comfortable around him (I am super camera shy). He... Read More managed to get the most intimate photos of our ceremony without us even knowing he was there. He never missed a beat. He was able to pull us aside for a sunset photo and the most awesome sparkler vineyard shot. I honestly can not recommend Jeffrey enough. Did I mention he makes amazing animated gifs as well? They are magical.

Creative Photographer

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Lindsay L

Jeffrey is truly an artist. There are many great photographers, but Jeffrey is in a league of his own. He makes it a point to get to know each of his couples in order to tell their unique love story through his photos. We truly loved the unique perspective he captured on our... Read More special day. Simply the best!

TO JLBwedding