Distinctive, fun photography & animated gifs

Specialized in tilt-shift photography, unique custom coloring, and uniquely designed albums. Candid and posed images. Based in Metropolitan Detroit, available for events all over. Same-sex friendly. Did I mention ANIMATED GIFs!!!

Artistic, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Detroit, Chicago, NYC, SF

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Veronica P

When it was time for me to start planning my wedding, I had no idea where to start. Since I plan weddings for a living, picking my vendors was going to be a challenge since I know and have worked with so many! However, once I started reaching out, my choice for JLB was an easy... Read More one. I absolutely loved his style of photography. When we met up for our engagement session, I was so nervous. Nervous I would look bad or funny, but he made all of that go away within the first 5 minutes. The next 2 hours were great (freezing, but the photos turned out wonderful!) Now fast forward 11 months to our wedding. I don't know what I would have done without him. He just has a way of working with the bride and groom. That tiny grin he'll get behind the camera to help you break into a genuine smile. Being totally understanding if the bride needs a moment to slow down and take in her surroundings. He was able to keep our staged 30 minute church photos moving, even when we had a hiccup with one of the bridesmaids. He made the day so easy - like he was a friend truly invested in our day. Within 24 hours I got a "sneak peak" which was over 40 photos. The perfect send off for our honeymoon. I then received all of the other photos within one week. Yes, ONE WEEK. I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful and timely that is! I have brides who it takes over 3 months (yes, 3 MONTHS!) to get their wedding photos back. A week after I got home from our honeymoon, I received a box on my front door. A customized flash drive holder, a hard cover book with all images, and several printed images all packaged beautifully. It was the perfect surprise that day. JLB puts so much thought and effort into every single photo. He makes the day effortless and captures every single moment. I would suggest him to every bride and groom looking for a photographer who wants to capture their day. Who doesn't just do the "pinterest" photos - but actually puts creativity into your wedding photos and captures the true beauty of the day.

Best Photographer Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Sam D

There aren't enough positive things to say about our experience with Jeffrey. He truly made our day unforgettable! Beginning with the moment that we met him in the lobby of our hotel, he brought an extremely contagious positive energy that drove the remainder of the day. From... Read More getting dressed to making our way to the venue, the afternoon was an awesome adventure. The real magic was allowing Jeffery to lead with his creativity – the results were breathtaking and we had an incredible time running around the city with him. Jeffrey captured our ceremony and reception unobtrusively – we didn't realize during the night just how many photos he had taken and how many different places he seemed to be at once. His approach allowed us to actually enjoy our evening; he captured us and our guests in true form. Even candid photos were taken with artistic consideration. Working with him was such a pleasure that many of our family and friends thought that we knew him personally! The quality of his work extends well past the photographs that he provides. Leading up to the wedding he always responded promptly to emails, provided advice when needed, and even helped us plan our 'day-of' timeline. The day after our wedding we received an email with a link to a teaser album on his facebook page. Six days post-wedding, we had received all of the proofs along with a mock version of our photo album. Discussing edits for the album with Jeffrey was extremely smooth and timely and we are now awaiting the final album to arrive in as little as two weeks! We couldn't be more satisfied with the service that JLB has provided us. These beautiful and unique photographs really capture us and our wedding better than we could have ever imagined. Hiring Jeffrey is one of the best wedding decisions we made and we cannot recommend him enough. Although JLB Wedding may be higher than most couples' photography budget (dealing with a limited budget ourselves we were initially hesitant), the pictures are absolutely priceless and well worth the money spent. Anyone questioning the cost should seriously reconsider if preserving the day is a priority. Every photograph is a story and Jeffrey did an amazing job telling ours!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jenna D

It's not an exaggeration to say that working with Jeffrey was one of the highlights of our wedding. He came to Chicago to shoot our engagement photos, and from the first few minutes with him, it felt like going back and forth between hanging out with a dear friend and him being... Read More invisible so that we could be intimate, romantic and natural for his photos. The three of us had such a blast that day. If anyone would have told me that one of the favorite parts of getting married was getting engagement photos taken, I never would've believed them...w/JLB, believe it! :) For our wedding at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI, his intimate knowledge of the 'sweet spots' for photos in the museum made our photo shoot the day of the wedding smooth, effortless and stress-free. We all felt comfortable (maybe TOO comfortable) to be ourselves from the first shot to the last dance, and we (and folks who ask to see our photos) continue to rave about his work: each one a beautiful window into a magical day. Above and beyond all other vendors we had for our wedding (and we had some great ones), the first word out of our mouths whenever we're asked about things we loved about our wedding is "JLB"! Thanks again, Jeffrey! :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

JLB is the best photographer. He is so creative and talented. He made our wedding day extra special. He was so laid back and easy to work with. Our wedding party loved him too. Thank you Jefffery! You are the best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Meg H

JLB's work speaks for itself. Its beautiful, classic, and creative. He was a total pleasure to work with- he answered my (millions of) questions, he was super responsive, he was flexible with all of the shots we wanted to do, he was honest with what could and could not happen... Read More (we got married outside and pictures are tough when that sun goes down!). Best of all he was FUN- he connected with my guests and brought out the very best in them (in the photographs anyways). I would recommend this guy to anyone

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Whitney L

Jeff's rating really should go beyond a 5. Hands down, he was our best wedding vendor. He's the coolest guy and ridiculously creative. Our guests saw FB pictures in less than 24 hours...what more can you ask for? Jeff hung out with us and made us feel so comfortable. His... Read More artistic eye cannot be matched...our pictures say it all! Thanks Jeff!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Eve Z

There are so many details that need to align in order to secure the perfect wedding date - the venue, the band, the photographer, family schedules, etc. I have to say that photographs were one of the most important things for my now husband, family, and myself. They last forever... Read More and bring back all those fabulous memories from the day. Once I found JLB, I knew I had to have him as our photographer. There was no other way. At first, he wasn't available for the date I had chosen. He was kind enough to make recommendations for other photographers. After scouring the internet for all those other photographers, I ended up calling JLB back and asking what dates he is AVAILABLE for. My heart was set on his beautiful photos and I couldn't see anyone else matching his artistic style and dedication. I ended up figuring out a date that worked for JLB and quickly secured it. I have to say I am unbelievably happy with my decision. Planning a wedding can get so stressful at times that if there is one thing you can do to take the pressure off, I say do it! Hiring JLB is one of those things. He emailed me back within minutes or hours always. He sent me an itinerary where all I had to do was edit items. He offered suggestions to me. He knew where all the venues were and where the best spots to shoot were. He had everything flawlessly organized and planned. I just had to show up. You have no idea how nice that was! And I didn't even expect any of it! I chose JLB for his talent, and had no idea how impeccably organized and reachable he was. It was the most pleasant surprise. During our wedding, he was so calming and strategic about everything. He always had a smile on his face and knew how to get a large group of people in line and smiling. When everyone is excited and distracted, this can be much easier said than actually done. With how crazy the day can be and how fast it goes by, we were grateful to have such a pleasant and calming soul with us :) Once the big wedding day was over, JLB put together one of his infamous albums. He was patient with me over some edits and again, always responded promptly. He made it very clear that he wanted me to be 100% happy with the album and my pictures and I appreciated this. He didn't want to just get it done with. He wanted a highly satisfied client. I really appreciated that. Sometimes service can feel like it's dead but NOT with Jeffrey. I must say he really truly cares. I am sure that as someone who goes to a plethora of weddings in their lifetime, they can start to blur together and become routine. I was floored by his attention to detail and the way he treated my day and photos like they were the most important thing to him. As for the products - the ALBUM is even better than the photos of the album on his website. I was FLOORED. It is a piece of work. It currently sits on our mantel where we can see it every day. This is not your ordinary scrapped together album with plastic sheets for photos. It is a sturdy, beautiful, one-of-a-kind masterpiece. So the moral of the story is that if you want a guarantee you will have the most amazing photos you have ever dreamed of, the best service you could ask for, and a calming spirit by your side on your big day (besides your significant other of course!) then you must go with JLB. Whether you have an outdoor BBQ wedding, a small gathering at home or the court house, or the most lavish event of all time, Jeffrey is your man.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Brittany B

Our wedding pictures turned out amazing. JLB truly captured every moment of our day. Jeff was very easy to work with and really brought the best out of the whole bridal party. He also worked well with our videographer. I would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Bridget S

After looking at Jeffrey's website, my husband and I knew he was the photographer for us! His style of photographing is truly unique and beautiful. He had great recommendations of places to take us in Detroit and our photos turned out exactly how we imagined them to. Jeffrey has... Read More a great sense of humor and is very easygoing - it was a pleasure to have him with us for the majority of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Connie L

Once I saw Jeffrey's work, I knew instantly we had to have him for our wedding. My husband and I did not take engagement photos but now I regret it and wish we could go back in time! That way, we would have two amazing albums!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kathryn R

As a professional cinematographer who got married... GO WITH JLB. My husband and I both work in the creative film industry so we really took our time booking our venders..but JLB was a no-brainer. We booked him instantly. JLB was absolutely the best photographer out there! I... Read More found his work in a magazine and I was blown away!! My husband I booked him for our engagement photos and wedding and we where stunned at the quality, professionalism and radiance our photos are. Everyone we show our photos to are always taken back by how beautiful, creative and different they are. Jeff was always there if we had questions and was such a joy to work with. A lot of photographers try their best to be like JLB, but no one can compete. Take it from a real world cinematographer.... Go with JLB, you will be blown away.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

JLBwedding is the best investment you can make in your wedding. We did a story session with Jeffrey in Detroit and he delivered what has become the best captured memory for us. Jeff is a master at his craft that goes beyond the photography. There is more to it than technology.... Read More Jeff knows how to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera even if you have no experience being there. He captures the candid as well as the posed and combines it in the most realistic fashion. I cannot tell you how many compliments we have had on his pictures. Jeff delivers framing that draws the eye to show emotion in the picture. He also knows how to use background and depth of field to create interesting images that are enjoyed every time you look at the photo. Additionally, Jeff has serious skill as a graphic artist. This is a differentiation that raises him above the competition, not that his photography alone doesn't get him there. With these skills, Jeff can provide services that normally are not available in standard wedding picture packages. I cannot recommend JLBwedding enough.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Stefanie D

Choosing a photographer was the first thing we did after getting engaged, and when we found Jeffrey's work, we knew that we wanted to work with him. Not only was his work far superior to other wedding photographers, as a bonus he also happened to be local to my native Michigan... Read More where we would be getting married. We also opted to do an engagement/story session so that we could meet before the wedding and capture some photos in our favorite city. Jeffrey is super fun and laid back, and a pleasure to work with. We couldn't be happier with our photos! If you care about having creative and fun photos of your wedding day, book JLB now!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Michelle S

Working with JLB made our wedding experience something that was truly amazing. This is meant in the least generic way, in hindsight we never expected that we would spend so much of our day with our photographer. Having our engagement session was really important as we all got to... Read More know each other and shake out all of those awkward things that can happen while being photographed. Including kissing on command, or walking super slow or being serious and silly and having personal conversations pretty much all at the same time. My husband and I are not used to being photographed so it was definitely a little choppy on our end to get used to a camera. Every moment that was special to us-and we didn't even know how special it would be, he captured. Especially because as much as my husband and I would love to consider ourselves creative, we just aren't. JLB was really able to make our day look as beautiful in his photos as it really was. And his non-posed unique style really highlighted our love and all of the love from our family and friends. His vast experience puts him in a unique position to really know a wedding inside and out, and his point of view is 'on-pointe'. Not only was he so professional but he really cared and took the time to answer a ton of ridiculous emails from my husband and I. I would 100% hire JLB every time I rethink my wedding and he is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Natalie R

My husband John and I had a great experience with Jeffery Bennett. He was recommended to us by a friend and he worked with us to capture some great and unique moments from our special day. He was open to what we wanted and worked with our personalities and those of our crazy... Read More wedding party. In addition, our families both really liked him so that was a plus. I was very happy with the actual products themselves. The thumbnail book, the album and the prints. I highly recommend him and would use him again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Jenny R

First, I must admit I truly dislike having my picture taken on any occasion, and I didn't even want to have wedding pictures taken at all. However, thankfully my soon-to-be husband knew better than myself for once :) We met with Jeff before the big day to discuss the theme of... Read More our wedding and just how much I didn't want his help, and since he was such a good sport about my stubbornness I listened to his reasons for needing a wedding photographer. He promised I would love the entire experience as well as the outcome of his photos, and he was completely right! I couldn't imagine not having these memories to look back on. No one else could have captured our day as perfectly as JLB did!!! We are beyond grateful for such a talent being shared with us on such an important day of our lives. Thanks again, Jeff, you are a gentleman and a scholar! :)

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Anne A

I stumbled upon Jeffrey's work looking up potential venues and fell in love with his eye and how he captured each couples' day. I saw no one else who was so able to make you feel like you knew the couple and were going through the day with them - his pictures and the way he... Read More curates the albums are stunning! Everyone will tell you pictures may be the most important place you spend your money as they're the only tangible thing you really take with you and they last forever. Thinking along those lines we had no problem spending the extra $ to bring Jeffrey out to Maine for our wedding. And the pictures are perfect! I remember thinking the prices were at the upper end (especially because it was destination) when I was looking through Jeffrey's info but I can't stress enough how worth it he is! He manages to fade into the background and picture taking is unobtrusive yet somehow he caught every moment. I would 100% recommend him to anyone, every time. If you think his work hits a cord with you, BOOK HIM! You won't be disappointed and you'll walk away with unique, breath taking memories from the day!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Elizabeth A

After my husband, choosing Jeffrey to be a part of the wedding was the best decision I could have ever made! I took a chance asking this photographer to travel to NYC in the middle of January for our wedding - lucky for us he was from Detroit and used to the temperatures! Within... Read More hours of speaking to him for the first time, he already knew sites he wanted to shoot at and the exact time of sundown the day of our wedding - his thoroughness and attention to detail wer like nothing I had experienced before. Jeffrey was one of the most professionally laid back, discreetly present, people I have ever encountered. His ability to capture our day (and love) so perfectly was beyond what my husband and I expected - our only regret is that we didnt ask him to come and capture the honeymoon for us! THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Amanda P

I was in a wedding in Detroit this past weekend and was blown away by this photographer. He is incredibly creative, positive and fun to be around. I couldn't stop telling the bride how lucky she was to have such an amazing photographer, and that was before I saw her pictures,... Read More which completely blew me away! Seriously, they have to be some of the most amazing wedding photos I have ever seen. If you are planning a wedding, do yourself a favor and book this guy.

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Geoff K

Jeffrey is an unbelievable photographer and an incredible person to work with. He is by far the vendor we were most pleased with. I would honestly recommend planning your wedding around his schedule because he will make it so much more memorable. Jeffrey is incredibly... Read More professional and an incredibly hard worker. I know people who waited months before seeing photographs and we had teasers the next day! I worry that he never sleeps :). Also, he is so friendly and fun to work with he helped my wife and I enjoy our day together. He also made our entire families feel comfortable and important. I can't recommend him more highly and think everyone should book him immediately for their wedding!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Maria C

If you want artistic, timeless, and unique wedding photos look no further. Jeffrey was amazing the entire day. Because he is so experienced, the day stayed organized and on track. We ended up with breathtaking photos that my family and friends cannot stop raving about! From one... Read More picky bride to another, hire JLB for your wedding photos. You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Jessica H

JLB did both our engagement and wedding photos, and it was the best decision we could have made. He's so easy to work with and both sets of photos turned out perfectly. He heard we were leaving for our honeymoon and would be internet-less for the next two weeks, so, what did he... Read More do? He uploaded nearly 60 "teasers" so that we could see them before our flight departed not even 12 hours post-wedding. He also e-mailed us gifs and other pictures that we were able to look at while eating breakfast the day after our wedding. If that's not stellar customer service, I don't know what is. In addition, he sent us the most precious care package. It was so well done; Two books with photo covers including our proofs and images and a lolly pop. He's been quick and efficient with our entire wedding album, and responds to e-mails faster than Jimmy Johns could possibly deliver a sandwich to us. Thanks, JLB, for being the best!

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Andrea G

Jeffrey was amazing to work with. I have our engagement photos proudly displayed in our home and can't wait to integrate our wedding photos as well. He's very responsive and put me at ease on our wedding day. He was well organized and worked great with our large wedding party... Read More and larger families. After the wedding our prints and album were ready extremely fast. Honestly one of the best vendor decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Jeffrey, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Jesyka P

My husband and I planned a small backyard wedding and we decided to put the majority of our wedding budget into photography. We stumbled upon JLB through a facebook post my mother-in-law had seen and instantly fell in love with his artistic style. We called him up and made our... Read More wedding date the only date he had left on his 2015 calendar. JLB is prompt, professional, and exceptionally talented. He shot both our engagement and wedding photographs and we loved them. We also received so many compliments from our family and friends about how great and unique our photography turned out. Would recommend to anyone looking for unique and unforgettable wedding photography. Plus you get all your photographs within a week! Most of my friends had to wait months to get their wedding photographs, JLB posts teasers the very next day.

Reviewed on 5/08/2015

Working with JLB was the most painless, easy experience. We met with him via Skype to talk about our day and ease any concerns that we had. Once our day arrived, he was very friendly and so easy to work with. Even to the point our wedding party thought he was a close friend. I... Read More think his work speaks for itself but the customer service received after the wedding far exceeded my expectations. Less than 24 hours after our date, he posted previews on Facebook. We were expecting a handful of shots but there were over 50 images! Within weeks we had our proof book and images uploaded online. His turn around time is insane, especially considering the quality of work. He was always available for questions and responded within an hour or two to each email. I wouldn't choose any other photographer. Remember, this day only happens once and there's only one chance to capture it. Do the right thing and hire Jeffrey.

Jeffrey Lewis Bennett

I started shooting weddings professionally in 2003. I do this full time, I’m a PPA member, I’m insured and I have a BFA in graphic design. I'm a great choice if Art/Style is your #1 priority, but you also desire extensive documentation and a great experience. I’m routinely told that working with me is easy, fun, and relaxing. I tend to focus on the couple, but never ignore family, bridesmaids, groomsmen or the bigger picture of the event. It’s also nice that your photos won’t look like everyone else’s.