Distinctive, fun photography & animated gifs

Distinctive, fun wedding & engagement photos and animated GIFs. Candid and posed images. Specialized in tilt-shift photography, custom coloring, and uniquely designed albums. Based in Metropolitan Detroit, available for events all over. Same-sex friendly.

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Detroit, Chicago, NYC, SF (248) 444-0161

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Jessica P

The best decision my husband and I made regarding our wedding (aside from marrying each other, of course), was hiring JLB as our photographer. He is the only photographer we considered when planning everything, and I was relieved when he had availability on our wedding date. It... Read More was one less thing I had to think about because I knew we'd have great pictures. Jeffrey is incredibly talented, but he's also relaxed, friendly, fun, and unobtrusive so he puts everyone else at ease. This has to be his secret to capturing pure moments. It would be easy to find a photographer who is less expensive, but if it's in your budget, go with JLB. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Katie M

JLB was amazing! He made it so easy everyone was blown away not only with him during the events but also with how fantastic the photo's were. To top it off you get teasers in 24 hours, yes 24 hours. Then everything else within a week! I have girlfriends who waited 6-8 months to... Read More get photos b ack. If you have not seen the GIFs, they are to die for! Highly recommended and as soon as any of my friends get engaged I instantly send them his contact information.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Theresa R

So first, Jeffrey's photos speak for themselves. If you do the research of photographers, you will not find a more unique and beautiful style in the metro Detroit area. I really want to use this review to just call out how much a pleasure Jeffrey was to work with, leading up to... Read More and including the wedding day itself. He knows the area incredibly well and came up with several unbelievable photo spots throughout the city (our wedding was at the DAC in downtown Detroit) in the two hours we had. He always smiling - and used humor to keep everyone smiling in the heat of summer. Finally, as advertised - he will post pictures to Facebook almost immediately (less than 24 hours for us)...I can't describe how cool it was to be able to share those right away with friends and family. My wife and I would highly, HIGHLY recommend Jeffrey for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Brandon S

My wife and I had a very small wedding in Detroit with just our immediate family. We hardly consider ourselves photogenic and are uncomfortable in front of a camera, but still we wanted to capture the day as best as we could. Jeffrey was recommended to us from a friend who... Read More threw a very large wedding and after speaking with him we knew he was the guy. I think Jeffrey's portfolio demonstrate his obvious talent, and my wife and I were extremely thrilled with the photos that he took of us and our families. Most of our photography was just my wife and I, so a significant portion of our wedding was spent with Jeffrey. We expected to get great photos, but we didn't expect to have such a great time with our photographer throughout the day. We wouldn't have wanted to share that with anyone else. Jeffrey really is an amazing person and we were so happy to be able to work with him. If you have the option to work with Jeffrey, it's certainly worth it. Best decision we made for our wedding hands down. Thank you so much, Jeffrey! (and sorry it took us so long to write a review !) -Brandon & Natalie

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Brandon S

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 CHELSEA S

Jeffrey is hands down the best photographer you could choose for your Wedding! Not only is his work incredible, but he is professional, timely, friendly and easy-going! He went above and beyond to know where everyone was at all times, and captured the most AMAZING photos of our... Read More day! I am so thankful that we were able to work with him, he is 100% worth it!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 leah b

Can’t even put in words because he was absolutely worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY! We can’t express enough how much we absolutely love our photos and the time we spent with him on our big day! I (bride) came across him back in 2011 during one of my bff’s wedding in Michigan. I was... Read More one of her bridesmaids and always kept JLB photography in my social media because I just loved his aesthetic and artistic creativity. Fast forward to 2015 (living in Vegas), I got engaged and we were planning on getting married back in our hometown in Detroit. Our plans of wedding location changed as we wanted something more intimate and rooftop scenery. We didn’t want your typical golf course or hotel....something our guests have never experienced at a wedding. We chose NYC where I used to live prior to Vegas and booked him to take our wedding photos in Manhattan. Jeff was excited because it was in NYC and we totally gave him the reigns to whatever direction he wanted to take because we knew it would be about capturing the scenery, fun, candid photos we would definitely love. He scouts the area before the big day to get an idea. He is professional and gets all the details and everyone in your wedding INCLUDING guests. We have so many great candid pictures of our guests dancing or smiling during speeches or just simply looking at us. He gave us our sneak peak photos the day after our wedding and uploaded gifs on his social media. It had me in tears and we couldn’t stop looking at them. We are currently working on our custom wedding album and he is so detailed I love it! As a fellow artist but in the fashion industry, he really exceeded my expectations of creativity! HIRE HIM! You won’t regret it! If you check out his photos on his FB or IG, look at our wedding album “leah and Eric in NYC!”

Reviewed on 12/23/2017 Annie S

If I could give more stars I would. Beyond thrilled with our pictures. I still get goosebumps when I look at them. JLB was super easy to work with and really highlighted how perfect our day was.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Christine A

Our wedding would not have been the same without Jeffrey. From the very first interview call with Jeffrey, we knew that he was our wedding photographer. He set early expectations for what he would bring to the table, and he did not disappoint! Our engagement photos and wedding... Read More photos were absolutely beautiful. All of our friends and family were blown away, and countless couples have already asked us who we used. We love our wedding album and have several photos blown up and framed on our walls and our families'. The best part of working with Jeffrey is how quickly he provides the photos. We were shocked that we received previews from our engagement session the same night, and then we received our wedding photos the next day! Most of our friends had to wait several months for their photos, and there's nothing like sharing moments from your big day right after it occurs. You will not go wrong with Jeffrey!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Mike and JJ M

My wife, JJ, and I were super picky and very particular when it came to our wedding photography. We looked at all the highly rated photographers in the Metro Detroit Area, and JLB just stood out as the only one that would be able to pull off what we've always envisioned our... Read More wedding to look like. Jeff was extremely easy to work with, getting all the shots that we wanted, while still being able to keep us on schedule. We are STILL getting compliments on our photos, even after a couple months has already gone by! JJ and I couldn't be happier with our experience. We without a doubt, 100% recommend JLB to be the person to capture all of the very best moments of your wedding! Cheers and Thanks JLB!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jackie J

I was lucky enough to discover JLB when I was a bridesmaid in a wedding he was shooting a few years ago. As soon as I saw the teaser pictures from my friends wedding, I knew he had to be my wedding photographer (and I wasn't even engaged yet!). When I did get engaged the... Read More photographer was the first decision I made, and I actually booked JLB before I booked my wedding venue! The day of JLB was so easy to work with and made everything extremely fun and laid back, especially for my husband who's not a fan of getting his picture taken. JLB made sure we got to every location we wanted for pictures, and even suggested a couple cool places in Detroit we hadn't even thought of! We couldn't be happier with our photos, and I still am getting compliments on them 4 months later! I look at them on a daily basis and it takes me back to the best day I could have asked for. Thank you, JLB!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Sarah A

We really loved working with Jeffrey on both our engagement and wedding photos. He was so fast and easy to work with - we got sneak peek photos less than 12 hours after he left our reception! Our photos are incredibly beautiful. We both felt relaxed while taking pictures and... Read More were glad to let Jeffrey art direct us. It will be hard to choose our favorite photos, because we love all of them so much. JLB was one of our first phone calls after we set our wedding date! I could not recommend him more highly - I already have friends planning to call him for their weddings!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Chloe S

Jeff is the BEST wedding photographer. My husband and I both agreed that he was so easy to work and made taking wedding pictures fun and stress free. People could not stop talking about how sunning our pictures turned out for months after the wedding. I would recommend him to... Read More everyone. Worth every penny! A++

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Libby N

We couldn't be happier with JLB! Jeff is a joy to work with and made the day flow seamlessly from location to location. I gave him free reign on direction and had the utmost confidence in his artistry and skill, I truly didn't worry about a thing the day of because I knew we... Read More were in good hands. JLB is well worth the slightly higher prices compared to other local photographers. The photos speak for themselves and we wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Kate H

Jeff was an amazingly talented photographer and we got (and are still getting) so many compliments on our photos! Jeff was extremely professional (even dealt with our limo driver taking us to the wrong church!), discreet during the ceremony and reception, and most importantly... Read More was able to truly capture the happiness and fun of our wedding day! Would recommend him to anyone (and have many times)!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Liliya G

It was incredible working with Jeffrey on our wedding day and I think his pictures speak for themselves. That is what really caught my attention- JLB was the one vendor I knew I really wanted to work with as soon as I saw his work and skyped with him. He was always very... Read More accessible, and would often email me back within minutes. He is very efficient and thorough in his work and I enjoyed working with someone who knew exactly what he was doing so that I did not have to stress about photography leading up to the wedding, or day of. He is so easy to work with, he is laid back and creative, and the time we had to take pictures just flew by. His turn around time is unlike any one else’s and it is so fun to look through the wedding pictures the very next day. We have received so many compliments about his work- our friends and family tell us our pictures are one-of-a kind. Everyone we who has seen the pictures has been blown away by his work and the moments he captured. He has been awesome to work with even after the wedding- answering questions and working on the album. He really cares about client satisfaction and about his final product. I was so excited to decorate our home with our wedding pictures- I think they truly turned out like art work. I would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Maria T

When I first stumbled upon Jeffrey's Facebook page, I figured I must have known him based on the amount of my friends that "liked" his page. Was he someone I knew in college? Did I meet him in Detroit at some point?? Turns out I did not know him, but that many of my friends were... Read More fans of his page based on his creativity, genius and presentation. I too liked the page and pretty much decided then that he would one day be my wedding photographer. His pictures are unlike any other wedding photos I had seen. Although on the higher end of other photographers I looked at, my Mom and I just the other day were talking about how he was totally worth the splurge. I just received my album, which is the most gorgeous wedding album I have ever seen (I know I am a little biased because it is mine, but it is laid out perfectly, captures all of our favorite moments from the day, and is perfect in every way). I am excited to have this one perfect thing for the rest of our lives that is the only element of our wedding we have past the night itself.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Lauren S

JLB is one of the most talented (and fun) photographers I have ever worked with, and I have worked with quite a few through my occupation. My wedding day turned into beautiful works of art I can cherish for the rest of my life. He found so much beauty in my wedding day,... Read More capturing special moments and special people. Don't even get me started on how awesome the GIFs are... I would recommend JLB to everyone! HE IS WORTH IT. And if you don't book him, then you are missing out big time on some stunning work. Photos of your wedding are what you cherish for forever. It's what your great-great-great-great grandkids will be looking at long after you are gone. Don't you want beautifully captured moments in time worth sharing with them?

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Kristin L

Jeffrey was an incredible photographer for our wedding on 10/7/16. He is professional, creative, and extremely talented. He was easy to communicate with, and as the bride he put my mind at ease whenever I had any questions or concerns. He has an incredible eye for creating... Read More beautiful artistic moments, and captures the wonderfully candid moments as well. Our photos and album are absolute perfection; he captured the vibe and energy of our wedding in a way that instantly transports us back to our special day when we look at them. We could not be happier with JLB's work on our wedding and we would 100% recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Katerina S

My fiancé and I cannot say enough great things about Jeffrey and his photography! He was an absolute pleasure to work with at our engagement shoot today and was so positive! We can't wait to see our photos and are so certain they will be nothing short of amazing! We loved your... Read More creative vision and artistic disposition! Thank you Jeffrey for a great afternoon!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie K

I came across JLBwedding photography via facebook. My mom showed me photographs of a wedding intending to show me the bride's dress... but I couldn't even concentrate on that because the photography was so beautiful. I always knew that the most important thing to me for my... Read More wedding was the photography. You only get one day - you have to know that the person(s) you are hiring will capture your day! JLBwedding did that and more. Honestly, I was married in July and not a day has gone by that I have not looked at my wedding photos. They are absolutely beautiful and capture every moment of that special day. Jeffrey made us feel so at ease the minute he arrived, it was almost like he was just another friend attending our wedding! After the ceremony we took a bus down to Detroit where he led us to all kinds of perfect places for photos. Honestly, aside from marrying my best friend, the best part of my day was spent in Detroit getting photos taken with my husband and our best friends/family who stood up in our wedding. It was a blast! And don't even get me started on his creative touches like his unique animated gifs - so, so fun. All of my friends and family were blown away by those and all of our wedding photos. Truly, I really cannot reiterate enough on hiring JLBwedding for your own special day. Stop thinking about it and do it before he books up for your day. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Colleen D

Working with Jeffrey was an all around fantastic experience. His photos of both our engagement and wedding are stunning and truly one-of-a-kind, which you will probably know if you have viewed his work. What I will center this review on are those factors which are harder to... Read More get a read for virtually: 1) Fun to work with: My husband and I spent more time on our wedding day with the photographer than anyone else. Looking back, personality was a factor that I didn't necessarily look for but should have been one of the most important factors in choosing a photographer. Sessions with JLB were not only relaxed but fun. And yes - we really did go out in a canoe during our reception! 2) End product: Jeffrey followed anything we talked about in advance but also had a knack for figuring out who was especially important to us and captured many candids of our close loved ones throughout the event. 3) Chemistry with guests: Many guests commented to us on how great the photographer was. Our wedding party was relaxed. Relaxed wedding party + relaxed bride/groom = great pictures 4) Speed was unbelievable. We had teasers back within a day of both our engagement and wedding Overall, hiring JLB was one of the best decisions of our wedding!! I can't recommend him highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Evaristo R

Jeffrey was unbelievable. Our engagement photos turned out amazingly well, and our wedding photos were just as amazing if not more so. We had multiple guests and wedding party members tell us how friendly he was and how comfortable he made them. Can't recommend him highly... Read More enough, he made our wedding day better and we have photos to treasure for years to come!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Alexandra H

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with JLB three times this year for a total of 15 hours. We took majority of our wedding photos during a six hour session with JLB two days prior to our wedding. It was definitely unconventional but absolutely worth it since it... Read More enabled us to enjoy our wedding day and our time with our family and friends even more. It also allowed us a chance to get photos with our beloved dog who adored JLB. In addition, we did a Story Session with JLB a month before our wedding, we hadn't initially planned on doing one but decided to go for it along the way. I highly recommend it because it gives you, your partner, and JLB the opportunity to create a rapport that adds more ease to your wedding day. My favorite thing about JLB is that he's open, direct, and very communicative, he's not the type of wedding vendor that will string you along with never ending quotes and promises. You make a request and he seeks to complete it in a very timely manner. He does great work and has an incredibly fast turnaround. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Amanda V

Jeffrey was fantastic - great communicator prior to the wedding, and very prompt and professional on the day of. We had a great day with him and everyone has complimented how great our photos are - thank you so much!!

Jeffrey Lewis Bennett

I started shooting weddings professionally in 2003. I do this full time, I’m a PPA member, I’m insured and I have a BFA in graphic design. I'm a great choice if Art/Style is your #1 priority, but you also desire extensive documentation and a great experience. I’m routinely told that working with me is easy, fun, and relaxing. I tend to focus on the couple, but never ignore family, bridesmaids, groomsmen or the bigger picture of the event. It’s also nice that your photos won’t look like everyone else’s.