Distinctive, fun photography & animated gifs

Distinctive, fun wedding & engagement photos and animated GIFs. Candid and posed images. Specialized in tilt-shift photography, custom coloring, and uniquely designed albums. Based in Metropolitan Detroit, available for events all over. Same-sex friendly.

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Detroit, Chicago, NYC, SF (248) 444-0161

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Jessica P

The best decision my husband and I made regarding our wedding (aside from marrying each other, of course), was hiring JLB as our photographer. He is the only photographer we considered when planning everything, and I was relieved when he had availability on our wedding date. It... Read More was one less thing I had to think about because I knew we'd have great pictures. Jeffrey is incredibly talented, but he's also relaxed, friendly, fun, and unobtrusive so he puts everyone else at ease. This has to be his secret to capturing pure moments. It would be easy to find a photographer who is less expensive, but if it's in your budget, go with JLB. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Katie M

JLB was amazing! He made it so easy everyone was blown away not only with him during the events but also with how fantastic the photo's were. To top it off you get teasers in 24 hours, yes 24 hours. Then everything else within a week! I have girlfriends who waited 6-8 months to... Read More get photos b ack. If you have not seen the GIFs, they are to die for! Highly recommended and as soon as any of my friends get engaged I instantly send them his contact information.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Theresa R

So first, Jeffrey's photos speak for themselves. If you do the research of photographers, you will not find a more unique and beautiful style in the metro Detroit area. I really want to use this review to just call out how much a pleasure Jeffrey was to work with, leading up to... Read More and including the wedding day itself. He knows the area incredibly well and came up with several unbelievable photo spots throughout the city (our wedding was at the DAC in downtown Detroit) in the two hours we had. He always smiling - and used humor to keep everyone smiling in the heat of summer. Finally, as advertised - he will post pictures to Facebook almost immediately (less than 24 hours for us)...I can't describe how cool it was to be able to share those right away with friends and family. My wife and I would highly, HIGHLY recommend Jeffrey for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Mike and JJ M

My wife, JJ, and I were super picky and very particular when it came to our wedding photography. We looked at all the highly rated photographers in the Metro Detroit Area, and JLB just stood out as the only one that would be able to pull off what we've always envisioned our... Read More wedding to look like. Jeff was extremely easy to work with, getting all the shots that we wanted, while still being able to keep us on schedule. We are STILL getting compliments on our photos, even after a couple months has already gone by! JJ and I couldn't be happier with our experience. We without a doubt, 100% recommend JLB to be the person to capture all of the very best moments of your wedding! Cheers and Thanks JLB!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jackie J

I was lucky enough to discover JLB when I was a bridesmaid in a wedding he was shooting a few years ago. As soon as I saw the teaser pictures from my friends wedding, I knew he had to be my wedding photographer (and I wasn't even engaged yet!). When I did get engaged the... Read More photographer was the first decision I made, and I actually booked JLB before I booked my wedding venue! The day of JLB was so easy to work with and made everything extremely fun and laid back, especially for my husband who's not a fan of getting his picture taken. JLB made sure we got to every location we wanted for pictures, and even suggested a couple cool places in Detroit we hadn't even thought of! We couldn't be happier with our photos, and I still am getting compliments on them 4 months later! I look at them on a daily basis and it takes me back to the best day I could have asked for. Thank you, JLB!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Sarah A

We really loved working with Jeffrey on both our engagement and wedding photos. He was so fast and easy to work with - we got sneak peek photos less than 12 hours after he left our reception! Our photos are incredibly beautiful. We both felt relaxed while taking pictures and... Read More were glad to let Jeffrey art direct us. It will be hard to choose our favorite photos, because we love all of them so much. JLB was one of our first phone calls after we set our wedding date! I could not recommend him more highly - I already have friends planning to call him for their weddings!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Chloe S

Jeff is the BEST wedding photographer. My husband and I both agreed that he was so easy to work and made taking wedding pictures fun and stress free. People could not stop talking about how sunning our pictures turned out for months after the wedding. I would recommend him to... Read More everyone. Worth every penny! A++

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Libby N

We couldn't be happier with JLB! Jeff is a joy to work with and made the day flow seamlessly from location to location. I gave him free reign on direction and had the utmost confidence in his artistry and skill, I truly didn't worry about a thing the day of because I knew we... Read More were in good hands. JLB is well worth the slightly higher prices compared to other local photographers. The photos speak for themselves and we wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Libby N

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Kate H

Jeff was an amazingly talented photographer and we got (and are still getting) so many compliments on our photos! Jeff was extremely professional (even dealt with our limo driver taking us to the wrong church!), discreet during the ceremony and reception, and most importantly... Read More was able to truly capture the happiness and fun of our wedding day! Would recommend him to anyone (and have many times)!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Liliya G

It was incredible working with Jeffrey on our wedding day and I think his pictures speak for themselves. That is what really caught my attention- JLB was the one vendor I knew I really wanted to work with as soon as I saw his work and skyped with him. He was always very... Read More accessible, and would often email me back within minutes. He is very efficient and thorough in his work and I enjoyed working with someone who knew exactly what he was doing so that I did not have to stress about photography leading up to the wedding, or day of. He is so easy to work with, he is laid back and creative, and the time we had to take pictures just flew by. His turn around time is unlike any one else’s and it is so fun to look through the wedding pictures the very next day. We have received so many compliments about his work- our friends and family tell us our pictures are one-of-a kind. Everyone we who has seen the pictures has been blown away by his work and the moments he captured. He has been awesome to work with even after the wedding- answering questions and working on the album. He really cares about client satisfaction and about his final product. I was so excited to decorate our home with our wedding pictures- I think they truly turned out like art work. I would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Maria T

When I first stumbled upon Jeffrey's Facebook page, I figured I must have known him based on the amount of my friends that "liked" his page. Was he someone I knew in college? Did I meet him in Detroit at some point?? Turns out I did not know him, but that many of my friends were... Read More fans of his page based on his creativity, genius and presentation. I too liked the page and pretty much decided then that he would one day be my wedding photographer. His pictures are unlike any other wedding photos I had seen. Although on the higher end of other photographers I looked at, my Mom and I just the other day were talking about how he was totally worth the splurge. I just received my album, which is the most gorgeous wedding album I have ever seen (I know I am a little biased because it is mine, but it is laid out perfectly, captures all of our favorite moments from the day, and is perfect in every way). I am excited to have this one perfect thing for the rest of our lives that is the only element of our wedding we have past the night itself.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Lauren S

JLB is one of the most talented (and fun) photographers I have ever worked with, and I have worked with quite a few through my occupation. My wedding day turned into beautiful works of art I can cherish for the rest of my life. He found so much beauty in my wedding day,... Read More capturing special moments and special people. Don't even get me started on how awesome the GIFs are... I would recommend JLB to everyone! HE IS WORTH IT. And if you don't book him, then you are missing out big time on some stunning work. Photos of your wedding are what you cherish for forever. It's what your great-great-great-great grandkids will be looking at long after you are gone. Don't you want beautifully captured moments in time worth sharing with them?

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Kristin L

Jeffrey was an incredible photographer for our wedding on 10/7/16. He is professional, creative, and extremely talented. He was easy to communicate with, and as the bride he put my mind at ease whenever I had any questions or concerns. He has an incredible eye for creating... Read More beautiful artistic moments, and captures the wonderfully candid moments as well. Our photos and album are absolute perfection; he captured the vibe and energy of our wedding in a way that instantly transports us back to our special day when we look at them. We could not be happier with JLB's work on our wedding and we would 100% recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Katerina S

My fiancé and I cannot say enough great things about Jeffrey and his photography! He was an absolute pleasure to work with at our engagement shoot today and was so positive! We can't wait to see our photos and are so certain they will be nothing short of amazing! We loved your... Read More creative vision and artistic disposition! Thank you Jeffrey for a great afternoon!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie K

I came across JLBwedding photography via facebook. My mom showed me photographs of a wedding intending to show me the bride's dress... but I couldn't even concentrate on that because the photography was so beautiful. I always knew that the most important thing to me for my... Read More wedding was the photography. You only get one day - you have to know that the person(s) you are hiring will capture your day! JLBwedding did that and more. Honestly, I was married in July and not a day has gone by that I have not looked at my wedding photos. They are absolutely beautiful and capture every moment of that special day. Jeffrey made us feel so at ease the minute he arrived, it was almost like he was just another friend attending our wedding! After the ceremony we took a bus down to Detroit where he led us to all kinds of perfect places for photos. Honestly, aside from marrying my best friend, the best part of my day was spent in Detroit getting photos taken with my husband and our best friends/family who stood up in our wedding. It was a blast! And don't even get me started on his creative touches like his unique animated gifs - so, so fun. All of my friends and family were blown away by those and all of our wedding photos. Truly, I really cannot reiterate enough on hiring JLBwedding for your own special day. Stop thinking about it and do it before he books up for your day. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Colleen D

Working with Jeffrey was an all around fantastic experience. His photos of both our engagement and wedding are stunning and truly one-of-a-kind, which you will probably know if you have viewed his work. What I will center this review on are those factors which are harder to... Read More get a read for virtually: 1) Fun to work with: My husband and I spent more time on our wedding day with the photographer than anyone else. Looking back, personality was a factor that I didn't necessarily look for but should have been one of the most important factors in choosing a photographer. Sessions with JLB were not only relaxed but fun. And yes - we really did go out in a canoe during our reception! 2) End product: Jeffrey followed anything we talked about in advance but also had a knack for figuring out who was especially important to us and captured many candids of our close loved ones throughout the event. 3) Chemistry with guests: Many guests commented to us on how great the photographer was. Our wedding party was relaxed. Relaxed wedding party + relaxed bride/groom = great pictures 4) Speed was unbelievable. We had teasers back within a day of both our engagement and wedding Overall, hiring JLB was one of the best decisions of our wedding!! I can't recommend him highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Evaristo R

Jeffrey was unbelievable. Our engagement photos turned out amazingly well, and our wedding photos were just as amazing if not more so. We had multiple guests and wedding party members tell us how friendly he was and how comfortable he made them. Can't recommend him highly... Read More enough, he made our wedding day better and we have photos to treasure for years to come!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Alexandra H

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with JLB three times this year for a total of 15 hours. We took majority of our wedding photos during a six hour session with JLB two days prior to our wedding. It was definitely unconventional but absolutely worth it since it... Read More enabled us to enjoy our wedding day and our time with our family and friends even more. It also allowed us a chance to get photos with our beloved dog who adored JLB. In addition, we did a Story Session with JLB a month before our wedding, we hadn't initially planned on doing one but decided to go for it along the way. I highly recommend it because it gives you, your partner, and JLB the opportunity to create a rapport that adds more ease to your wedding day. My favorite thing about JLB is that he's open, direct, and very communicative, he's not the type of wedding vendor that will string you along with never ending quotes and promises. You make a request and he seeks to complete it in a very timely manner. He does great work and has an incredibly fast turnaround. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Amanda V

Jeffrey was fantastic - great communicator prior to the wedding, and very prompt and professional on the day of. We had a great day with him and everyone has complimented how great our photos are - thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Anna S

JLB is simply the BEST. Look at his website, the photos speak for themselves! If you want creative, unique, and amazing photos then he is your guy. Not only does he take stunning photos, he is extremely quick with editing and posting them. We had an all-around great... Read More experience and I cannot recommend JLB enough!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Gina B

Getting a great photographer was one of the things that I was most concerned with when planning my wedding, and I am really glad I found JLB! Jeff was incredibly professional. He respected all our requests, was prepared and flexible throughout the day, and most importantly our... Read More pictures turned out great! Nothing cheesy or forced. His work speaks for itself. So glad we will have these memories forever!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Jamie Elliott M

I can not say enough great things about JLBwedding! My husband and I were married in Atlanta earlier this year and Jeffrey captured every detail perfectly. I am not an easy client to please when it comes to anything wedding because I actually am a wedding designer and... Read More coordinator myself and my husband and I own a wedding venue together. When we began making our wedding plans we agreed to not hire any of our favorite vendors from the Atlanta market because most are friends and we wanted them to be able to attend our wedding as a guest. We cheated a little bit on some of the vendors, but photography was an absolute that they had to be from a different market than the Southeastern region because there was no way we could choose a "favorite" to capture our wedding day. Needless to say, I thought this would be a daunting task. However, I could not have been more wrong. I ran across JLBwedding the first time on Instagram prior to planning our wedding. I was mesmerized by one of his wedding GIFs. Later when we began searching for the perfect photographer, I ran across JLBwedding again on the LGBTQ wedding site, H&H Weddings, where a wedding Jeffrey had photographed was featured. This led me to research his site, which was incredible. I loved how approachable his site was and how he had a special section dedicated to same-sex marriage. After receiving a quick response to my inquiry, we scheduled a phone consultation and after that we were sold. Once our wedding came around we met Jeffrey in person the day before and he was even better in person. He made both Tra and I feel so at ease. Tra is not at all a fan of having his picture taken, but Jeffrey removed any anxiety Tra (and secretly myself) may have had. The next day on our wedding day everything was perfect. We had several complicated logistical challenges for Jeffrey to work through and he pulled it off like a champ. He was attentive without being over-bearing. He didn't miss a beat and he captured our wedding day better than I could have imagined. After the wedding, we received our GIF, which was perfect, within what seemed like just days and all the images followed behind very quickly. Like I said, I can't say enough great things about JLBwedding! I am so happy with our decision to work with Jeffrey for our own personal wedding and now I can't wait to get some of my couples to book him for a wedding that I am coordinating.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Harold S

JLB did an outstanding job at our wedding in July. He's very creative and detailed, which made for amazing pictures! He has a plan and he sticks to it. We saw 50 or so pictures on Facebook the day after the wedding and we got our full prints in just 2 weeks! Incredibly fast! He... Read More has a very fun and unique style that is perfect for capturing big events like this. He's definitely worth the money and I'm glad my wife convinced me to get him to do our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Katie B

JLB did our wedding on 7/16/16 and I can’t express enough how in love I am with my pictures! Jeffrey made my whole bridal party, family, husband and me feel so comfortable. I never felt like we were “posing” or felt awkward. Somehow Jeffrey just gets everything to flow... Read More naturally. I had a large bridal party and getting ready was a bit chaotic, but Jeffrey’s attitude and energy made us forget all about the craziness. Everyone who has looked at our pictures just raves with how stunning they are. During the planning stage, Jeffrey was always very responsive to email, answered questions quickly and helped me come up with a great time line for the day. Our online gallery with all of our pictures was available just a few days after the wedding, with some on Facebook (including a GIF) the very next day. My husband and I had a hard time narrowing down which ones to get printed because we were SO happy with all of them. His artistic style stands out and this was hands down the best money we spent for the wedding. If I could go back in time the only thing I would do differently is have JLB do our engagement photos!

Jeffrey Lewis Bennett

I started shooting weddings professionally in 2003. I do this full time, I’m a PPA member, I’m insured and I have a BFA in graphic design. I'm a great choice if Art/Style is your #1 priority, but you also desire extensive documentation and a great experience. I’m routinely told that working with me is easy, fun, and relaxing. I tend to focus on the couple, but never ignore family, bridesmaids, groomsmen or the bigger picture of the event. It’s also nice that your photos won’t look like everyone else’s.