Distinctive, fun photography & animated gifs

Distinctive, fun wedding & engagement photos and animated GIFs. Candid and posed images. Specialized in tilt-shift photography, custom coloring, and uniquely designed albums. Based in Metropolitan Detroit, available for events all over. Same-sex friendly.

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Detroit, Chicago, NYC, SF (248) 444-0161

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Veronica P

When it was time for me to start planning my wedding, I had no idea where to start. Since I plan weddings for a living, picking my vendors was going to be a challenge since I know and have worked with so many! However, once I started reaching out, my choice for JLB was an easy... Read More one. I absolutely loved his style of photography. When we met up for our engagement session, I was so nervous. Nervous I would look bad or funny, but he made all of that go away within the first 5 minutes. The next 2 hours were great (freezing, but the photos turned out wonderful!) Now fast forward 11 months to our wedding. I don't know what I would have done without him. He just has a way of working with the bride and groom. That tiny grin he'll get behind the camera to help you break into a genuine smile. Being totally understanding if the bride needs a moment to slow down and take in her surroundings. He was able to keep our staged 30 minute church photos moving, even when we had a hiccup with one of the bridesmaids. He made the day so easy - like he was a friend truly invested in our day. Within 24 hours I got a "sneak peak" which was over 40 photos. The perfect send off for our honeymoon. I then received all of the other photos within one week. Yes, ONE WEEK. I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful and timely that is! I have brides who it takes over 3 months (yes, 3 MONTHS!) to get their wedding photos back. A week after I got home from our honeymoon, I received a box on my front door. A customized flash drive holder, a hard cover book with all images, and several printed images all packaged beautifully. It was the perfect surprise that day. JLB puts so much thought and effort into every single photo. He makes the day effortless and captures every single moment. I would suggest him to every bride and groom looking for a photographer who wants to capture their day. Who doesn't just do the "pinterest" photos - but actually puts creativity into your wedding photos and captures the true beauty of the day.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Sarah P

We are so impressed by Jeffrey! Working with him was so fun and relaxed and one of the best experiences surrounding our wedding. The photos that he was able to produce were beyond my expectations. We just got married 7/2/16 and already have beautiful prints in our home and our... Read More album is ordered and on its way! We could not be more please with our experience and if you have the opportunity to work with Jeffrey you will be so pleased too! HE HAS OUR 100% FULL RECOMMENDATION!

2016-07-27T14:13:39 Response from the vendor

It was wonderful working your wedding. Congrats!!!

Best Photographer Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Sam D

There aren't enough positive things to say about our experience with Jeffrey. He truly made our day unforgettable! Beginning with the moment that we met him in the lobby of our hotel, he brought an extremely contagious positive energy that drove the remainder of the day. From... Read More getting dressed to making our way to the venue, the afternoon was an awesome adventure. The real magic was allowing Jeffery to lead with his creativity – the results were breathtaking and we had an incredible time running around the city with him. Jeffrey captured our ceremony and reception unobtrusively – we didn't realize during the night just how many photos he had taken and how many different places he seemed to be at once. His approach allowed us to actually enjoy our evening; he captured us and our guests in true form. Even candid photos were taken with artistic consideration. Working with him was such a pleasure that many of our family and friends thought that we knew him personally! The quality of his work extends well past the photographs that he provides. Leading up to the wedding he always responded promptly to emails, provided advice when needed, and even helped us plan our 'day-of' timeline. The day after our wedding we received an email with a link to a teaser album on his facebook page. Six days post-wedding, we had received all of the proofs along with a mock version of our photo album. Discussing edits for the album with Jeffrey was extremely smooth and timely and we are now awaiting the final album to arrive in as little as two weeks! We couldn't be more satisfied with the service that JLB has provided us. These beautiful and unique photographs really capture us and our wedding better than we could have ever imagined. Hiring Jeffrey is one of the best wedding decisions we made and we cannot recommend him enough. Although JLB Wedding may be higher than most couples' photography budget (dealing with a limited budget ourselves we were initially hesitant), the pictures are absolutely priceless and well worth the money spent. Anyone questioning the cost should seriously reconsider if preserving the day is a priority. Every photograph is a story and Jeffrey did an amazing job telling ours!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Katerina S

My fiancé and I cannot say enough great things about Jeffrey and his photography! He was an absolute pleasure to work with at our engagement shoot today and was so positive! We can't wait to see our photos and are so certain they will be nothing short of amazing! We loved your... Read More creative vision and artistic disposition! Thank you Jeffrey for a great afternoon!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie K

I came across JLBwedding photography via facebook. My mom showed me photographs of a wedding intending to show me the bride's dress... but I couldn't even concentrate on that because the photography was so beautiful. I always knew that the most important thing to me for my... Read More wedding was the photography. You only get one day - you have to know that the person(s) you are hiring will capture your day! JLBwedding did that and more. Honestly, I was married in July and not a day has gone by that I have not looked at my wedding photos. They are absolutely beautiful and capture every moment of that special day. Jeffrey made us feel so at ease the minute he arrived, it was almost like he was just another friend attending our wedding! After the ceremony we took a bus down to Detroit where he led us to all kinds of perfect places for photos. Honestly, aside from marrying my best friend, the best part of my day was spent in Detroit getting photos taken with my husband and our best friends/family who stood up in our wedding. It was a blast! And don't even get me started on his creative touches like his unique animated gifs - so, so fun. All of my friends and family were blown away by those and all of our wedding photos. Truly, I really cannot reiterate enough on hiring JLBwedding for your own special day. Stop thinking about it and do it before he books up for your day. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Colleen D

Working with Jeffrey was an all around fantastic experience. His photos of both our engagement and wedding are stunning and truly one-of-a-kind, which you will probably know if you have viewed his work. What I will center this review on are those factors which are harder to... Read More get a read for virtually: 1) Fun to work with: My husband and I spent more time on our wedding day with the photographer than anyone else. Looking back, personality was a factor that I didn't necessarily look for but should have been one of the most important factors in choosing a photographer. Sessions with JLB were not only relaxed but fun. And yes - we really did go out in a canoe during our reception! 2) End product: Jeffrey followed anything we talked about in advance but also had a knack for figuring out who was especially important to us and captured many candids of our close loved ones throughout the event. 3) Chemistry with guests: Many guests commented to us on how great the photographer was. Our wedding party was relaxed. Relaxed wedding party + relaxed bride/groom = great pictures 4) Speed was unbelievable. We had teasers back within a day of both our engagement and wedding Overall, hiring JLB was one of the best decisions of our wedding!! I can't recommend him highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Evaristo R

Jeffrey was unbelievable. Our engagement photos turned out amazingly well, and our wedding photos were just as amazing if not more so. We had multiple guests and wedding party members tell us how friendly he was and how comfortable he made them. Can't recommend him highly... Read More enough, he made our wedding day better and we have photos to treasure for years to come!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Alexandra H

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with JLB three times this year for a total of 15 hours. We took majority of our wedding photos during a six hour session with JLB two days prior to our wedding. It was definitely unconventional but absolutely worth it since it... Read More enabled us to enjoy our wedding day and our time with our family and friends even more. It also allowed us a chance to get photos with our beloved dog who adored JLB. In addition, we did a Story Session with JLB a month before our wedding, we hadn't initially planned on doing one but decided to go for it along the way. I highly recommend it because it gives you, your partner, and JLB the opportunity to create a rapport that adds more ease to your wedding day. My favorite thing about JLB is that he's open, direct, and very communicative, he's not the type of wedding vendor that will string you along with never ending quotes and promises. You make a request and he seeks to complete it in a very timely manner. He does great work and has an incredibly fast turnaround. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Amanda V

Jeffrey was fantastic - great communicator prior to the wedding, and very prompt and professional on the day of. We had a great day with him and everyone has complimented how great our photos are - thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Anna S

JLB is simply the BEST. Look at his website, the photos speak for themselves! If you want creative, unique, and amazing photos then he is your guy. Not only does he take stunning photos, he is extremely quick with editing and posting them. We had an all-around great... Read More experience and I cannot recommend JLB enough!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Gina B

Getting a great photographer was one of the things that I was most concerned with when planning my wedding, and I am really glad I found JLB! Jeff was incredibly professional. He respected all our requests, was prepared and flexible throughout the day, and most importantly our... Read More pictures turned out great! Nothing cheesy or forced. His work speaks for itself. So glad we will have these memories forever!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Jamie Elliott M

I can not say enough great things about JLBwedding! My husband and I were married in Atlanta earlier this year and Jeffrey captured every detail perfectly. I am not an easy client to please when it comes to anything wedding because I actually am a wedding designer and... Read More coordinator myself and my husband and I own a wedding venue together. When we began making our wedding plans we agreed to not hire any of our favorite vendors from the Atlanta market because most are friends and we wanted them to be able to attend our wedding as a guest. We cheated a little bit on some of the vendors, but photography was an absolute that they had to be from a different market than the Southeastern region because there was no way we could choose a "favorite" to capture our wedding day. Needless to say, I thought this would be a daunting task. However, I could not have been more wrong. I ran across JLBwedding the first time on Instagram prior to planning our wedding. I was mesmerized by one of his wedding GIFs. Later when we began searching for the perfect photographer, I ran across JLBwedding again on the LGBTQ wedding site, H&H Weddings, where a wedding Jeffrey had photographed was featured. This led me to research his site, which was incredible. I loved how approachable his site was and how he had a special section dedicated to same-sex marriage. After receiving a quick response to my inquiry, we scheduled a phone consultation and after that we were sold. Once our wedding came around we met Jeffrey in person the day before and he was even better in person. He made both Tra and I feel so at ease. Tra is not at all a fan of having his picture taken, but Jeffrey removed any anxiety Tra (and secretly myself) may have had. The next day on our wedding day everything was perfect. We had several complicated logistical challenges for Jeffrey to work through and he pulled it off like a champ. He was attentive without being over-bearing. He didn't miss a beat and he captured our wedding day better than I could have imagined. After the wedding, we received our GIF, which was perfect, within what seemed like just days and all the images followed behind very quickly. Like I said, I can't say enough great things about JLBwedding! I am so happy with our decision to work with Jeffrey for our own personal wedding and now I can't wait to get some of my couples to book him for a wedding that I am coordinating.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Harold S

JLB did an outstanding job at our wedding in July. He's very creative and detailed, which made for amazing pictures! He has a plan and he sticks to it. We saw 50 or so pictures on Facebook the day after the wedding and we got our full prints in just 2 weeks! Incredibly fast! He... Read More has a very fun and unique style that is perfect for capturing big events like this. He's definitely worth the money and I'm glad my wife convinced me to get him to do our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Katie B

JLB did our wedding on 7/16/16 and I can’t express enough how in love I am with my pictures! Jeffrey made my whole bridal party, family, husband and me feel so comfortable. I never felt like we were “posing” or felt awkward. Somehow Jeffrey just gets everything to flow... Read More naturally. I had a large bridal party and getting ready was a bit chaotic, but Jeffrey’s attitude and energy made us forget all about the craziness. Everyone who has looked at our pictures just raves with how stunning they are. During the planning stage, Jeffrey was always very responsive to email, answered questions quickly and helped me come up with a great time line for the day. Our online gallery with all of our pictures was available just a few days after the wedding, with some on Facebook (including a GIF) the very next day. My husband and I had a hard time narrowing down which ones to get printed because we were SO happy with all of them. His artistic style stands out and this was hands down the best money we spent for the wedding. If I could go back in time the only thing I would do differently is have JLB do our engagement photos!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Wendy M

Having JLB as our photographer for both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures, had to have been one of the best decisions we made during the planning process of our wedding. He was punctual, easy to work with and polite. He always got back to us as soon as possible; and... Read More he constantly involved us and wanted to hear our opinions when it came to what kind of shots we wanted. JLB is so thoughtful, creative and organized... We cannot thank him enough for everything that he did for us... We truly treasure all of our photographs. Thank you so much for everything, Jeffrey.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Laura D

JLB did our engagement photos and will be photographing our wedding in November. He is fantastic. Easy to work with, great website for payments, teaser pics came out right away, and the photographs in general were amazing.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Sherry M

Jeff photographed my wedding and he was worth every penny. He was easy going and captured awesome pictures. He is very open to ideas for poses, as well. He is very prompt with everything and the photo album was absolutely stunning. He is just an awesome guy all around! I would... Read More highly recommend him!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Jeremy C

We got many recommendations to use JLB, and he certainly did not disappoint. He was a pleasure to work with, and the photos turned out excellent. Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Amanda S

JLB is THE BEST. Our favorite vendor we worked with from our fabulous team of vendors. Don't tell anyone but we actually booked him before we were officially engaged. Our engagement + wedding photos continue to be the talk of the town and they were worth every penny. He is super... Read More chill and everyone loved working with him, from our family members to our other vendors. We could not be happier with the photos we have from our day and my sister is already planning on booking him the day she gets engaged. If you want your photos to stand out from the crowd and you want to have an amazing time, book JLB.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Marie W

Simply AMAZING! Jeffrey is extremely talented and passionate about his work. He can read people and understands what direction to take based on your individual likes. Jeffrey's work is unique and the fast turn around in receiving your pictures is just a bonus!!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016

Best Photographer ever! He made us feel so comfortable while shooting, so creative with his shots and made it the best experience. We did our engagement and wedding photos with him. Already referring everyone to him and was able to do my sister, and 2 of my friends already! You... Read More will not regret hiring him as your photographer as he is very talented! :)

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Andrea D

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about JLBwedding. I am quite an anxious person and he kept the day smooth and calm. I always feel awkward in front of a camera, but with his creative lead, it felt very easy. Once it was time for the ceremony and reception, I... Read More felt like I didn't see him at all, but got back a TON of photos that are all so perfect. We had a guest list of 180 and he seemed to capture every single person there. Our wedding was very non-traditional and his photos convey our personalities perfectly. He always responded promptly to emails and helped us plan our 'day-of' timeline. Not to mention, he emails you the very next day with a Facebook album full of teaser photos from the night before! Our family and friends cannot stop commenting about how unique and awesome our wedding photos are. I knew they would be great, but they turned out even better than I ever could have imagined. Hiring JLB was seriously the best wedding decision we made and we cannot recommend him enough.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Nicole B

Hiring JLB wedding was hands down the best money we spent toward our wedding. His artistic photographs go so far beyond standard wedding portraits. Really, his portfolio speaks for itself. I knew our photographs were going to be beautiful just by looking at it, but I didn't... Read More know how fun it would be to spend our wedding day with him. Jeffrey is incredibly warm, great at getting genuine smiles, a pro at managing large groups, and made all of us feel comfortable. He also makes sure that you get a highlight reel the very next day. (He actually had an assistant at our reception, tucked away upstairs, editing photographs from earlier in the day.) Our wedding party and all of our guests have not stopped raving about him and his work. The morning after our wedding day, I was recommending him to single people who live out of state, telling them that when the day comes they need to find JLB! I genuinely could not recommend Jeffrey more!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

JLB is absolutely the best! All his photos are creative and well thought out. He was constantly thinking outside the box to create long lasting memories for our wedding. We had young kids in our wedding party and because he was patient and a great communicator, they had a... Read More blast too. We can't say enough great things about Jeff. If you want creative and artistic photos that look like they're out of a mainstream magazine, hire JLB.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 S

Jeffrey is just the best. When I started researching photographers for my wedding, I knew right away that I wouldn't find anyone better. If you've seen his work, it goes without saying that his photos are stunning and cinematic. Some of our photos look like they're from an... Read More editorial in Vogue. But that's just one reason why I can't imagine anyone having a better wedding photographer. Jeffrey is so easy to communicate with. He made the whole process very straightforward and simple. And even though we didn't meet in person until the morning of the wedding, I felt comfortable with him from the beginning. He had a calming, warm, and laidback presence that was never, ever intrusive. I can be pretty awkward when being photographed (where should I look? what do I do with my arms?) but Jeffrey made us at ease and told us exactly what to do so I never had that awkwardness. He is a true professional in every sense and I truly believe he was the best investment we made for the wedding (and seriously, a pretty good value!).

Jeffrey Lewis Bennett

I started shooting weddings professionally in 2003. I do this full time, I’m a PPA member, I’m insured and I have a BFA in graphic design. I'm a great choice if Art/Style is your #1 priority, but you also desire extensive documentation and a great experience. I’m routinely told that working with me is easy, fun, and relaxing. I tend to focus on the couple, but never ignore family, bridesmaids, groomsmen or the bigger picture of the event. It’s also nice that your photos won’t look like everyone else’s.

Start a Conversation!