JM Photography

We are a brother and sister team that have been photographing weddings together for over 15 years. I have a more traditional approach while my sister likes to step out of the box to get that unexpected shot. We love what we do and have such a good time doing it. Give us a call or send an email for more information or to set up a meeting.

Artistic, Classic, Modern

Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Serving PA and NJ (215) 332-8236

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Rhiannon B

John and his assistant were wonderful to work with! In the days leading up to our wedding, John checked in with me multiple times to make sure he and his assistant knew our itinerary for the day so they could capture every picture we wanted. On our wedding day, even though our... Read More salon appointments were running a bit late, John checked in with me and reassured me that they were here for US and would do whatever we needed them to do. That small comment meant so much to me in that moment, and I was so thankful that they had the patience and level of calm that they did. In short, John and his staff definitely know what they are doing - trust their instincts! While there were a few specific shots I definitely wanted to have captured (such as a first look and a couple of staged shots with my bridesmaids), I was pretty clueless as to how the flow of the family/wedding party shots should go. John and his assistant had this covered, however, as they efficiently handled this part of the day with such skill that we were all able to join our guests for part of our cocktail hour (what an unexpected treat!). I would wholeheartedly recommend JM Photography, and would absolutely book their services again in the future! The level of service and professionalism they offer (particularly at this price point) cannot be surpassed!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Shannon H

John and Patty were amazing! My husband and I got married in November 2016 and we're more than happy that we chose them as our photographers. From our first meeting to the last photos taken at the reception, John and Patty made the whole experience enjoyable. John was very quick... Read More to respond to emails and he made us feel comfortable throughout the process. They got all of the shots that we wanted, plus so much more. We are in LOVE with our engagement and wedding photos. My husband and I highly recommend using John and Patty. The extra bonus was the reasonable pricing! You can't beat the service you got for the fantastic pricing!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jenna M

First of all, John and Patty are INCREDIBLE to work with! Both so friendly and really made me feel like a star that day. Second, I just received a link for the online gallery of photos and they are STUNNING!!!! I had no idea what to expect because I don't even remember seeing... Read More them most of the night... they blended right in and got some great candid shots! They are incredibly professional and were such a joy to work with, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 3/03/2018 Katlyn H

John and Maria were fantastic. John basically helped me make the schedule for my wedding day with time suggestions on when things should happen and it all came together from there. The schedule was something I was really worried about so that helped me tremendously. As far as... Read More the pictures went, John and Maria were flawless at their jobs. They made my husband and I feel so comfortable on our big day and they had us laughing all day long. The bridal party loved them too. John could tell when I needed a break from the photos without me having to say anything which was nice. I would most certainly choose them again if asked. Thank you John and Maria!!!

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Becca M

John and Maria were absolutely amazing to work with on our wedding day. The first time we met with John we knew we wanted to have him be our photographer. He answered all of our questions and made us feel at ease that he would get every shot we wanted! Leading up to the day he... Read More helped us organize the timeline to make sure we weren’t rushing to get the pictures done. On the wedding day he kept making sure we were ok and had everything we needed. The pictures they took were more than we could have ever imagined!! He captured everything we wanted and got some great candid ones of our guests on the dance floor. We would highly recommend him as a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Danielle B

John and Maria were simply amazing. Their professionalism and skill made our day go very smoothly. They made sure that we were comfortable the entire time even though it was so cold outside. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Our photos... Read More are more than what we could have asked for. They are perfect. Thank you!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Kiera B

We had an absolutely amazing experience with John and Maria! We had a huge bridal party and family and they did a great job at capturing everyone and dealing with a big group of people. They did a great job at getting a ton of shots of just me and my husband - which is what... Read More really counts! And we couldn’t be happier with the moments that were captured! Thank you John!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Samantha L

John was great to work with from the very moment we met him! He always answered my e-mails and phone calls right away. John and Maria are the best! They were extremely patient, fun, and professional! We had a bridal party of 20 people and it was one of the coldest days in... Read More January and John and Maria didn't disappoint! They made sure we were comfortable at all times and made our day go smoothly. I cannot wait to get our photos back and relive the moment all over again. We also did the open air photo booth which was a huge hit!!! I highly recommend JM Photography. Thank you John and Maria!!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Gloria R

We had a great experience with John! The reason we chose JM Photography was their flexibility. Most photographers charge for any additional hours outside of a standard 8 hour day. Since I wanted "getting ready" pictures as 8am as well as pictures at our reception ending at 11pm,... Read More there was no way something standard would work with our budget. When we met with John, he was flexible and said he was ours for the whole day, if he wanted us there at 5am he would be there! He was professional, not too over the top, and took absolutely stunning pictures on our wedding day. I recommended him to my best friend who got married the month after and again, he did a fantastic job. Quality photos at a quality price. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Sherry V

JM Photography did an amazing job at capturing our day! John and Patty were simply wonderful and took beautiful photos. They were a calming presence on what was bound to be a somewhat hectic morning. We wanted to get all of our formals done before the ceremony and we had a tight... Read More timeline with a brunch wedding. They never let us feel rushed, even when we were running behind schedule, and instead not only got all the photos we wanted, but so many more great shots we didn't even ask for. They arrived early and already had great locations scoped out for pictures, and we seamlessly moved from getting ready to first look to formals, etc. Everyone in our bridal party told us how much they liked them and how professional and nice they were. During the ceremony and reception, they were ready to take whatever shots we wanted and were circulating throughout grabbing candids, table pictures, you name it. We never once found ourselves searching for them. More than just simply taking pictures, they even jumped right in to solve a problem with the boutonnieres before we could even get stressed out about it. While you might have to wait a month or two to see your photos, it is so worth the wait with the care they take in making sure the final product looks amazing. From start to finish, the whole process with John and Patty was fantastic and we are so happy we chose to work with them to capture our special day. You can't go wrong with them!

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Rachael J

JM Photography is a perfect team for your special wedding day. I truly enjoyed having two photographers to capture each moment of the occasion, and overall they did a wonderful job. We love our canvas wedding prints, which are currently hanging in our living room, and our... Read More beautiful wedding album. When looking for a photographer, the four big things to look for are price, experience, editing skills, and communication. JM Photography excels in each of these areas. First, their package deals were exceptional, and I greatly appreciated being able to immediately own each photograph that was taken that day (over a thousand photos!). Second, on the day of our wedding they demonstrated experience by working professionally with the entire wedding party and assisted in directing unique photography shots and identifying perfect backgrounds for our photos. Third, after the photos were all taken and the wedding day was over, John and his team quickly went to work editing the photographs and made them look truly angelic. Finally, (and the most important) I have had quick responses in communication with John (even over a year after the wedding). John has always picked up the phone or responded quickly via email when we had a question or wanted to revise our wedding photo album or canvas prints in a particular way. I think it's very important that your photographer is supporting you throughout the process of creating your wedding photos, and not just on your wedding day. JM Photography definitely supports the bride and groom, even long after their wedding. In conclusion, I would highly recommend JM Photography to anyone who wants to have wonderful photographs to last a lifetime. They are worth it!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Sarah B

My husband and I had the pleasure of having John and his sister there photographing our wedding day, and honestly wouldn't want anyone else. Even before the wedding john made it extremely easy to meet and stay in contact (our engagement was over 2 years). Being completely... Read More overwhelmed with the wedding process in general, John put our minds to ease. The day of the wedding his whole team made sure both my husband and I were comfortable and stress free. You never realize how important that is. They were so great with pur huge family and getting the best pictures. We just received our pictures back and we're blown away. They completely exceeded any expectation we had. They made the whole process smooth and painless, and with juggling other vendors that meant a lot. I couldn't be happier with JM Photography.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Lauren P

John and Patty were amazing from start to finish. I was a bride that asked a lot of questions when meeting with my vendors, and John was able to answer all of them; I never felt like I was getting ripped off. They were very reasonably priced and there was no extra charge for... Read More having them be apart of my wedding day ALL day. The engagement shoot was the perfect opportunity to meet them and get comfortable in front of the camera. On our wedding day, they made me feel at ease when I was a little nervous and helped complete that very special day. :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Krystal D

Jon and his assistant were simply wonderful. They were so patient and kind to our bridal party who were a little excited and rambunctious. They did a great job corralling us together to capture the most breath taking pictures of our wedding day. We are so pleased with our... Read More photos. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Kaitlin D

John is a true professional! He and his assistant did a wonderful job at keeping us on schedule, checking in with me throughout the process (it was incredibly hot!), and coming up with the perfect poses. I cannot wait to see our photos as I know they will be fantastic! Not... Read More the mention his pricing is EXTREMELY competitive for his skill level. Cannot recommend them enough!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Kate J

Finding a photographer that fit our budget and style was one of the most daunting tasks of wedding planning. I'm SO glad we found and went with John! He responded to emails and calls immediately (we had to remotely plan our wedding), and helped us create (and stick o!) a... Read More timeline that worked out perfectly. John coordinated with all of our vendors to ensure the day/evening went perfectly. John was so affordable and such a great package -- having two photographers for as long as necessary really took a lot of stress off the day! Each of them had a different angle they wanted to capture, and it made our pictures turn out amazing. John and his assistant were so easy to work with -- they made us all feel so comfortable by doing little things like making sure they learned our bridal parties name, having discreet conversations with us about who needed to be in what picture, etc. It was HOT on our July 21st wedding, and John was so sweet in making sure we were drinking enough water and taking enough breaks. If you are searching for a top-notch, affordable photographer, who is unbelievably professional, talented, caring, and easy to get along with, John is your guy. We could not have asked for more out of our wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Natalie R

My Fiancé and I went to our fair share of photographers and none of them felt right. Like many couples we had a tight budget, but as soon as we met John we felt at ease. He listened to everything we wanted and more, he worked with our budget and gave us everything we were... Read More hoping for! We got back to the car after our first meeting and we both just smiled and said that's our guy. After booking JM Photography officially, we decided to book our engagement shoot for June and both Patty & John went above and beyond our expectations! They have been so helpful and accommodating during this whole process! We cannot wait to have them document our big day in November! Thank you a million times over, John and Patty!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017

Thank you to JM Photography for making sure my day was flawless. Thank you for keeping us on schedule and making the day as stress free as possible!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Samantha L

I was very happy with JM Photography for my engagement and wedding photos!! John always had another photographer with him to help take the pictures and was very good at recommending poses and coming up with what would look best for pictures. The day of the wedding he helped us... Read More to get through the bride and groom/family pictures quickly as we took them during the cocktail hour and we were even able to make it to part of it. I am extremely happy with how all of the pictures turned out and have received multiple compliments on them. JM Photography is also very reasonably priced. I would HIGHLY recommend JM Photography for your wedding and engagement photos!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Rebecca R

John and his assistant were wonderful! He made our big day that much easier. All the photos captured were amazing. He new exactly where and when to take photos . He kept checking on me and making sure I was getting through the day ok. The pictures turned out perfect! John is... Read More very easy to work with and an excellent photographer!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Lisa H

We cannot recommend JM Photography enough! The price is what initially attracted us to John and Patty, as it was incredibly reasonable and well below other quotes. I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality of their work - they are an amazing value. John, Patty, and... Read More Maria all took beautiful photographs, and it was great to have all their different perspectives represented in our photos. John was always quick to respond to my emails. The day of our wedding, it rained heavily the entire day. In the majority of our photos, you can't even tell the weather was poor at all - they did amazing at capturing our first look and portraits outside under an awning yet framing them to look like a nice, sunny day. John also came prepared with umbrellas, and we took some great shots outside with them. We are so happy with our photos, and we can't recommend them enough!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Shelby R

John and his assistant were a perfect match for us! They were so professional and fun all at the same time. They knew when and where to be to capture the best moments of our wedding. I cannot wait to get back the photos we took!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Heather T

I cannot even begin to convey how absolutely thrilled I was with John and his team! They showed up early with plenty of time to set up and get ready. The photographers were more than willing to take photos at multiple destinations and transitioned between them each with ease...... Read More they were all so incredibly friendly and fun. We even got some extra photos from a photographer they brought along to train which was awesome! I also have to give extra credit to John's assistant... she was getting on the ground, running, and standing for hours in order to take beautiful photos all while 8 months pregnant! Not to mention, John was willing to follow my husband and I around the grounds of our venue as we went to explore the woods behind the building and took some fun and gorgeous photos! I was so impressed by the entire team on my wedding day. Turnaround time for our photos was incredible... we were sent our online gallery before we even hit 3 weeks after the wedding! John's prices are incredible but don't let that lead you to believe his work will match the price... my photos are some of the best wedding pictures I've seen in my lifetime! I would recommend photography to ANY bride and groom looking for a professional, timely, fun photographer! Thank you SO so much JM photography!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Amanda K

John and Patty were amazing!!!! I can not say enough how professional they were! My dad would have never of went as perfect as it was if they were not with me every step of the way. Whatever I needed they were right there! Their pictures captured every single moment of our day.... Read More I am still getting feedback from people about how wonderful and breath taken my pictures are. I have given friends and family their number and they have used them for their weddings. Thank you again John and Patty for making our day a dream come true!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Nicole D

Photos were beautiful!!!! They captured every moment of the day. John and Patty were wonderful and so helpful throughout the whole day. We got our photos back in about a month and they were just amazing.