JM Photography

We are a brother and sister team that have been photographing weddings together for over 15 years. I have a more traditional approach while my sister likes to step out of the box to get that unexpected shot. We love what we do and have such a good time doing it. Give us a call or send an email for more information or to set up a meeting.

Artistic, Classic, Modern

Engagement

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Serving PA and NJ (215) 332-8236

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Rhiannon B

John and his assistant were wonderful to work with! In the days leading up to our wedding, John checked in with me multiple times to make sure he and his assistant knew our itinerary for the day so they could capture every picture we wanted. On our wedding day, even though our... Read More salon appointments were running a bit late, John checked in with me and reassured me that they were here for US and would do whatever we needed them to do. That small comment meant so much to me in that moment, and I was so thankful that they had the patience and level of calm that they did. In short, John and his staff definitely know what they are doing - trust their instincts! While there were a few specific shots I definitely wanted to have captured (such as a first look and a couple of staged shots with my bridesmaids), I was pretty clueless as to how the flow of the family/wedding party shots should go. John and his assistant had this covered, however, as they efficiently handled this part of the day with such skill that we were all able to join our guests for part of our cocktail hour (what an unexpected treat!). I would wholeheartedly recommend JM Photography, and would absolutely book their services again in the future! The level of service and professionalism they offer (particularly at this price point) cannot be surpassed!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Shannon H

John and Patty were amazing! My husband and I got married in November 2016 and we're more than happy that we chose them as our photographers. From our first meeting to the last photos taken at the reception, John and Patty made the whole experience enjoyable. John was very quick... Read More to respond to emails and he made us feel comfortable throughout the process. They got all of the shots that we wanted, plus so much more. We are in LOVE with our engagement and wedding photos. My husband and I highly recommend using John and Patty. The extra bonus was the reasonable pricing! You can't beat the service you got for the fantastic pricing!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jenna M

First of all, John and Patty are INCREDIBLE to work with! Both so friendly and really made me feel like a star that day. Second, I just received a link for the online gallery of photos and they are STUNNING!!!! I had no idea what to expect because I don't even remember seeing... Read More them most of the night... they blended right in and got some great candid shots! They are incredibly professional and were such a joy to work with, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Lisa H

We cannot recommend JM Photography enough! The price is what initially attracted us to John and Patty, as it was incredibly reasonable and well below other quotes. I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality of their work - they are an amazing value. John, Patty, and... Read More Maria all took beautiful photographs, and it was great to have all their different perspectives represented in our photos. John was always quick to respond to my emails. The day of our wedding, it rained heavily the entire day. In the majority of our photos, you can't even tell the weather was poor at all - they did amazing at capturing our first look and portraits outside under an awning yet framing them to look like a nice, sunny day. John also came prepared with umbrellas, and we took some great shots outside with them. We are so happy with our photos, and we can't recommend them enough!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Shelby R

John and his assistant were a perfect match for us! They were so professional and fun all at the same time. They knew when and where to be to capture the best moments of our wedding. I cannot wait to get back the photos we took!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Heather T

I cannot even begin to convey how absolutely thrilled I was with John and his team! They showed up early with plenty of time to set up and get ready. The photographers were more than willing to take photos at multiple destinations and transitioned between them each with ease...... Read More they were all so incredibly friendly and fun. We even got some extra photos from a photographer they brought along to train which was awesome! I also have to give extra credit to John's assistant... she was getting on the ground, running, and standing for hours in order to take beautiful photos all while 8 months pregnant! Not to mention, John was willing to follow my husband and I around the grounds of our venue as we went to explore the woods behind the building and took some fun and gorgeous photos! I was so impressed by the entire team on my wedding day. Turnaround time for our photos was incredible... we were sent our online gallery before we even hit 3 weeks after the wedding! John's prices are incredible but don't let that lead you to believe his work will match the price... my photos are some of the best wedding pictures I've seen in my lifetime! I would recommend photography to ANY bride and groom looking for a professional, timely, fun photographer! Thank you SO so much JM photography!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Amanda K

John and Patty were amazing!!!! I can not say enough how professional they were! My dad would have never of went as perfect as it was if they were not with me every step of the way. Whatever I needed they were right there! Their pictures captured every single moment of our day.... Read More I am still getting feedback from people about how wonderful and breath taken my pictures are. I have given friends and family their number and they have used them for their weddings. Thank you again John and Patty for making our day a dream come true!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Nicole D

Photos were beautiful!!!! They captured every moment of the day. John and Patty were wonderful and so helpful throughout the whole day. We got our photos back in about a month and they were just amazing.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Holly A

John and Patty were awesome on our wedding day, 10/15/16. John was quick to answer any and all messages/emails/calls leading up to the day (he was our most accessible vendor through the planning process for sure), and they were both relaxed and supportive the day of, John was... Read More super helpful when it came to timing for the day! Above and beyond for sure. Most importantly, the photos came out just as we hoped. They captured all of the memories, and I love that they have different styles, so each moment is captured in slightly different ways. We went through our photos and have about 350 starred as favorites, honestly! The ordering process is easy, and I am glad we get a disc of all the photos. We were concerned with our budget for photography, especially because we needed someone for a long day. JM Photography was the best that we found for what we needed, and we are completely satisfied with the outcome. Thank you so much, John and Patty!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Lauren R

John and Patty were great to work with. We liked the idea of having 2 photographers when we booked them. They each have their own unique style that we love. They were very accommodating of the pictures we wanted we wanted to get as well as having great ideas for other shots.... Read More They were extremely professional and patient throughout the whole day. We're very happy with our photos and are happy John and Patty were there to capture these memories.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 allyson p

Super happy with their work! They were excellent the entire process. We felt so comfortable with them at the wedding. they did an amazing job making sure you felt ok thru out the day. everything came out amazing. we are SUPER happy and would recommend them any day! they are... Read More affordable and amazing ! couldnt get any better than that. thank you John and Patty!!! :)

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Bridget R

John and Patty were amazing! we got married July 30th of this year and it was hot & HUMID, they were troopers and worked with me, my husband and our entire bridal party and got great photos! we are very pleased with their work and would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Katelyn M

John and Patty did such a wonderful job on my wedding on 7/2/2016. John made it a point to learn everyone's name in my bridal party which made it so much easier to direct everyone the day of. Prior to my wedding I had sent over samples of photos that I wanted as well as a list... Read More of everyone I wanted a photo with and John and Patty made sure that all of those photos were taken. The turn around time on our photos was very quick and the photos turned out beautiful. The easy going nature of John and Patty was such a comfort on my wedding day and they definitely provided a lot of laughs. Oh and John was injured the day of, but he did not miss a beat. The professionalism is outstanding. I am so happy I chose JM Photography to photograph my wedding and I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 brittaney s

I am so glad I worked with John and Patty to capture my wedding day! Having 2 photographers really made the difference for the number/ quality of shots that were taken. Our whole day is documented from getting ready to the end of our reception. Going through my online album,... Read More there were SO many beautiful photos to choose from, and I ended up marking about 200 as a 'favorite'. The site was organized into categories such as 'ceremony' or 'family'... very easy to use! While working with my bridal party, John and Patty took the time to learn ALL of our names... a small gesture to make us all more comfortable with the process. They were helpful both in suggesting poses and organizing ones we wanted to do...and still captured priceless candid moments throughout the day.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Ashley S

My husband were just recently married this past May. John and Patty were the absolute best! Although it rained on my big day, they made sure that as soon as we had a rain break we would run out and take all the necessary pictures outside. John and Patty have a great attitude... Read More and was easy to work with. They were both so laid back and willing to go above and beyond for any photos that we wanted taken. John and Patty were able to capture beautiful moments throughout the day and not. They have great time management! All my pictures were amazing and their service is at a reasonable price too. They really strive to make you happy! I highly recommended them! You couldn't ask for a better team!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Brett N

John and Patty were an excellent pair to work with on our wedding day. Little known FACT -- things will go wrong (as I learned on my wedding day). They were incredibly patient and accommodating to help us make the most of our day. The fact that you get a brother/sister team with... Read More two different artistic perspectives is simply a fantastic bonus. I could not have asked for a better photographer crew to document my wedding!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Amanda E

John and Patty were awesome!! I just saw our wedding pictures and I am thrilled! He does awesome effects with photos. At the end of the night before they left he brought us outside and had us stand in front of a bright light; I had no idea what to expect. The picture came out... Read More dark with the bright light shining through us causing a silhouette of us standing together. Amazing!! I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Amanda W

The entire experience with JM Photography was incredible from beginning to end! I cannot recommend them enough! John and Patty were an absolute pleasure to work with. They are professional, knowledgeable, kind, and very flexible. Wedding photos were very important to us, and we... Read More talk to quite a few photographers. Not one came close to JM Photgraphy! And not one could beat their prices! They are so reasonable and made the whole process stress free! I knew after our first meeting that we would pick them, and I'm so happy that we did! Our pictures are absolutely beautiful! You will not be disappointed in choosing JM Photography for any occasion! Thanks again John, Patty, and Shanna for capturing our special day!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016

John and Patty were incredible to work with. Very professional but yet laid back which we and our guest loved. I just got married 2 weeks ago and already received my pictures back, and they litterally took my breath away! There wasn't a single bad picture. Each moment was... Read More captured perfectly and for that I am extremely grateful. I got to live the day all over again! I will be recomending to anyone who is getting married. Thank you both so very much for capturing the best day of our lives I am so glad I found you!

A+ Professional Photographer!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Sara Ann Z

John Mcaroy and his sister Patty did a fantastic job of taking our wedding photographs! They were very polite, professional, and most importantly PATIENT! They handled family and friends trying to talk and take pictures of my husband and I very patiently and kindly. They worked... Read More around all of the events while still taking great portraits of our day! Every time something happened, whether it was cutting the cake, dancing the first dance or even talking to our parents, John and Patty were there to capture it on film. They stayed the entire event and worked with us to get great poses in different areas of our ceremony and reception. My husband and I highly recommend JM photography!

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Jillian W

John and Patty are awesome to work with! They did my September wedding and were incredible. I can't say enough about them. John knew the venue where the wedding was held so he was able to get some great pictures! I keep going back and looking through all the pictures and its... Read More like reliving my day! The prices are reasonable and John gets back to you quickly with any questions or concerns. I was so happy to work with him!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I recently got married in a glamorous, yet rustic barn in PA, using JM Photographers. I knew without a doubt, my photos were going to come out wonderfully and that they wouldn't miss a beat. John and Patty came out to the hotel first and to our outdoor ceremony/reception site.... Read More They were very understanding that I was a bit behind with getting into my dress, correctly, and kept me laughing throughout the whole fiasco! They helped to keep me calm and taught me how to just act naturally. You could truly tell that this brother and sister team had a great rapport with each other. They were quite efficient with all of our family and bridal party shots, then they shot us in so many creative locations around the site. I had some ideas that I wanted to try and they said bring it on. They worked well with the barn's time schedule, keeping us right on track. The best thing was that throughout the wedding reception they were very fair by leaving us with the perfect amount of time to enjoy our OWN wedding and all of our guests. They even shot their last couple of shots a few steps outside of the open barn door just so they could focus on us but still have the whole party going on in the background! I've already recommended them to a friend who's getting married next!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jessica G

My husband and I recently got married in Atco, NJ. We hired John and Patty from JM photography and they were amazing! From the moment we met John, we knew we were going with JM photography. They were so easy to work with and we were able to customize the packages to exactly what... Read More we were looking for. They are also very affordable. The day of the wedding we had some last minute changes on times/locations and John was so easy going!! The entire day was perfect and the pictures came out beautiful! I would definitely recommend JM photography to anyone!!! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Allison D

John and Patty were so great! I was so relieved the entire night because I knew that they were getting so many shots to show how special my dad was. They arrived and hopped right in even though we all weren't ready and started taking pictures of everything- our flowers, rings,... Read More invitTions and most importantly my son! They were both so accommodating...John has so much experience and he just makes it seem effortless and patty is so wonderful that i didn't even realize she was taking pictures! She took so many great shots of my 1 year old son that I will treasure forever. The two of them make a great team and will make you free of stress! All I am say is thank you thank you thank you! :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 erica a

John and Patty are wonderful. They were accommodating and on top of everything. They helped the day run so smooth. You get beautiful pictures at reasonable pricing. You couldn't ask for a better team to make you feel comfortable. They are greatly recommended.