Fine Art Wedding Photography + Lifestyle Portr

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Social Media Sharing

5240-190th. Street East, Hastings, MN (651) 438-2742

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Joan was our wedding and engagement photographer - she was WONDERFUL! We plan to use her as our family/baby photographer too. Our photos turned out better then we ever could imagine! The attention the detail was spectacular and her personality clicks with everyone - that is the... Read More cherry on top! I will continue to refer friends and family to her forever. She will do anything to get that perfect photo - nothing stops her! Thank you Joan for capturing our amazing day with photos that will last a life time.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Amy P

From our initial meeting with Joan to review our wedding plans, to our engagement photos and ultimately our big day, Joan was more than our photographer, we really feel that we made a trusted friend and were so excited to work with her ; we were confident from day one and were... Read More not disappointed! Joan was incredibly patient and flexible in her style, she quickly put us at ease during the engagement session to get us laughing. The day of the wedding she had every detail down from what we discussed in our final planning session, I was made to feel I had nothing to worry about. Joan spent the pre-ceremony time with me and the photos she captured of the Bridal party, my mom, the little things going on around me, the spontaneous moments, a glance - they were simply amazing. I look back at these a year later and I'm beyond appreciative of Joan's extremely talented eye for everything that this day represents and capturing it in such a magical way. Our family photos after the ceremony were full of laughter and she had so many creative groupings of family members that we loved. At our reception, some of my most beloved photos were of family and friends that traveled from afar yet it seems no one attending was left out! The candid shots and managing to document our entire day, even when we weren't looking, is such a treasure to us. You will not be disappointed in trusting Joan and you'll be sure to make a friend.

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Kelly R

SHE IS AMAZING!! Joan has done our engagement and wedding photos. She's great to work with. We felt so comfortable around her. The wedding photos were above and beyond our expectations. She knows just where to tell you to stand, and just what to do! She is good about mixing... Read More staged poses with candid shots! Would truly recommend Joan to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017

Joan and her team were perfectly on time, and I knew from prior meetings leading up to the big day that I did not even need to worry about it. Her and her assistant did a great job capturing moments as they happened and making sure to get all of the "list" photos taken care... Read More of. From the moment they arrived on site, until when they said their good byes, they were full of energy and really showed that they cared about how the photos turned out.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Samantha W

It was a perfect experience having Joan do our wedding. She was fun to work with and I could tell she truly cared about our day and our pictures. Our pictures turned out amazing, it's had to pick what to print. We will enjoy our pictures for the rest of our lives. Thank you... Read More Joan

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kelsea S

Joan was really great to work with. She made it very comfortable, since me and my husband have never had photos done by a professional. She also was very flexible, since the planner put down the wrong time for photos but she came when we said we wanted her there. Overall it was... Read More a great experience and our photos turned out wonderful.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Michelle S

Joan did an awesome job photographing our wedding. She made us feel so relaxed and comfortable! We blended families and she was able to get some heartwarming and memorable shots of our family, even with our 4 children under the age of 5! Our day was documented perfectly.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Megan M

Joan was amazing to work with! She is affordable and makes you amazing wedding date cookies! The pictures turned out amazing! You even get a little book with a wedding picture on it to store your engagement and wedding picture flash drives.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Meghan M

I absolutely loved working with Joan! We met on several occasions leading up to our wedding day, and I enjoyed every single meeting. Joan is fun and professional to work with and made our day fun and easy. I booked Joan after looking over her website, without even meeting in... Read More person first. She has exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Joan to any bride, and I can't wait to see all of our pictures!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Alicea M

Great experience with her!!! I didn't really know what I wanted to be honest and who all I needed in pictures and she was so kind and helpful when it came to planning the photos. I also had to go to the bathroom really badly in the middle of our photo shoot and she made sure I... Read More found a restroom quickly :)

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Danielle F

Joan was our photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures. Right from the start we knew we had picked the right photographer for us. My husband was not comfortable with the idea of a photographer but Joan made the experience relaxed and fun for him as well. Joan and her... Read More assistant were very efficient the day of the wedding. They let us make last minute picture requests, and made sure we got all the shots on our list. The picture time went so fast, and it was fun for everyone. When we got the pictures back there were so many that I loved, and I still have not decided what ones I want to hang up. The price was also very reasonable compared to other photographers I researched. We will definitely be seeking her services in the future!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Angela N

Joan is amazing! She did a fantastic job! She is so personable and has her stuff together! She clearly has lots of experience! Loved her!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Alysha C

Joan is amazing! She has such a wonderful personality but really knows how to command a crowd to get a group of drinking adults organized for perfect photos. I was in total awe of our engagement photos and can't wait to see the ones from our wedding!

Great!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Joan is a great communicator, which is a very important quality of a wedding photographer. She's open to ideas and gives professional input. She has an eye for capturing the small details as well as big, important things. We are extremely happy with our wedding photos that... Read More Joan had ready within a month! I would recommend Joan Brochman. As a general suggestion to future newlyweds, try to designate a family member or personal attendant (or 2nd photographer) to help with organizing and fetching bridal party, family, and friends.

An amazing job!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Meagan W

Joan did such an amazing job with both our engagement photos and wedding photos. She was so fun and easy to work with and I'm so glad we had her! She took stunning photos all while keeping the big families in order to get them done timely while having fun! I'm so glad I have her... Read More awesome pictures to look back on for my very important day!

Easy Decision, Great Results!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Ashley T

After meeting with Joan, we knew she had the perfect combination of skill and personality. On our wedding day she was able to wrangle our wedding party to capture some great photos, all while being fun and light hearted. After the wedding, our photos were delivered in a timely... Read More manner, and we were extremely happy with the results. We hope to use Joan as a photographer for many more moments in our life!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Alexis Z

Joan is so great to work with. We just received our wedding pictures back and have been looking at them constantly ever since. We have received so many compliments! I love the way Joan can find a unique angle or setting and make it beautiful. She and her assistant Mindy were... Read More fun to be around on the day of the wedding too, which is so important. She was taking pictures constantly, of all the little details and of my guests... I would recommend her to anyone and everyone :)

Joan does amazing work!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Stefani N

We loved working with Joan!! She makes you feel so comfortable while taking photos and will definitely make you laugh! The photos of the wedding turned out so wonderful and we love them all!

Joan Brockman Photography

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Molly F

Everything went amazing! Joan made sure we kept moving, and we actually stayed ahead of schedule. All the photos are beautiful! I could not have asked for anything more.

Fantastic Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Emily R

My husband and I used Joan for our wedding photography and couldn't have been more impressed or pleased with the final product! From our first meeting to our wedding day, Joan was there every step of the way - helping with location ideas, making sure our bridal party looked... Read More their best and making sure we met every timeline on the big day. Joan and Jess (her second shooter on our wedding day) made sure our entire group enjoyed the wedding day to its fullest and we couldn't have asked for better product to remind us of our day!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Madeline B

Joan is a wonderful photographer, and we are so glad we had her shoot our big day! She was the photographer for my sisters wedding three years ago, and we knew we wanted to use her right away. Our pictures are absolutely wonderful, and she captured all of the emotion of the day.... Read More Joan and her assistant, Mindy Wiener, were so good with us and made us feel at ease. We highly recommend Joan!

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 2/22/2015 Dani P

We found Joan through reviews on the knot. When we contacted her she was always prompt with a response. She made us feel comfortable and confident in her work throughout the entire experience. The engagement pictures were so much fun to take. She listened to our ideas and... Read More was very flexible and professional. We met with her again before the wedding and discussed the pictures we wanted to get. She was open to our ideas, but also told us to be realistic about the shots we would be able to catch due to the lighting and time of year the pictures would be taken. When the pictures came back to us they were STUNNING!!! She took a great mixture of shots, (bridal party/ family/ guests/ decorations) which was a great representation of our special day. When we had some set backs with timing she was calm and helped us still get the shots we needed. We would absolutely recommend Joan Brochman Photography. The professionalism, quality of pictures and value we experienced helped make our wedding an overwhelming success!

Satisfied Couple!

Reviewed on 2/17/2015 Amanda S

Choosing Joan as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding! Immediately after out initial consultations we knew she was the one we wanted to capture our special day. Our engagement photos turned out amazing, and we... Read More could not have asked for better wedding pictures! Joan was so fun to work with, and did an amazing job capturing so many candid moments between my husband and I. If you are looking for a professional, talented, energetic, and creative photographer, Joan is your gal!

One of our favorite parts of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Tracey M

Joan is amazing! She worked with us for our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and we could not have asked for a better experience. She was very professional and we could tell she knew what she was doing. She was so helpful throughout the day - she went above and beyond... Read More just taking photos!! She's not afraid to get dirty or do whatever it takes to get the best shot. I never for a second worried that we wouldn't have great pictures. If you're looking for a knowledgeable and friendly photographer who takes amazing photos, Joan is the one you want!!

Most Personable, and FUN Photographer Out THere

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 jessica n

Joan was amazing. From the first email and all the way through the wedding planning i knew I had made the right decision for a photographer! She is super personable and is great at listening to what you want and dont want and did an awesome job helping make your dream truly a... Read More dream. She truly is a people person and i would reccomend her to anyone looking for a photographer who truly cares about your wants and needs to make your day extra special! She was so amazing that more than one of my unmarried bridesmaids told me that if they ever got married they were going to try and hire Joan. I would recommend joan to anyone she truly is one of a kind. i cant wait to work with her again in the future!!!

Joan Brochman

I love weddings, engagements, and people!   I'm slightly obsessed with details! I'm a fine art wedding, portrait and lifestyle photographer. I hold an Associate of Science degree in Photography. I capture your wedding day as it unfolds, with a photojournalistic style that is unobtrusive, fun, fresh, relaxed and creative. Wedding photography is our passion - We capture the details, the sweet moments and the love between our couples. Let's Chat!! 651-438-2742 [email protected]

Start a Conversation!