Joan Brochman Photography LLC

Hastings, MN

Fine Art Wedding Photography + Lifestyle Portr

I'm a fine art wedding, portrait and lifestyle photographer. I capture your wedding day as it unfolds, with a photojournalistic style that is unobtrusive, fun, relaxed and creative. Let's Chat!! 651-438-2742 [email protected]

Online Proofing

5240-190th. Street East, Hastings, MN

An asset to anyone's wedding!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Mike W

My biggest issue with looking for a photographer was you can look at their website and see dozens of great pictures, but how many millions of pictures did they take to get those? A photographer is a bit of a leap of faith because you don't see the product until after the... Read More wedding, so you need to trust them and their ability. We decided to meet Joan and immediately felt comfortable with her and her down to earth quirkiness. While she was fun to work with she never came off as unprofessional. She listened to our thoughts and wants, came prepared and paid attention to details. I would have been happy with 10 or 15 really excellent photos, excellent like blow them up and put them on your wall. What we ended up with was probably 300 pictures that are truly amazing and deserve their own frame. My wife and I are having an issue deciding which photos to print, there are too many good ones! Joan and her associate really did an amazing job, after the ceremony started she was completely invisible, I didn't see her again until the end of the night when she said goodnight, but her photos showed she was hard at work! Thanks again Joan!

Joan Brochman was the easiest decision of my wedding...

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Lauren B

Joan Brochman was the easiest and best decision of my wedding. When my now husband and I met Joan we knew almost immediately that we would be selecting her to be our photographer. Joan was kind, understanding and knowledgable. As a Bride, she was a breath of fresh air during an... Read More extremely stressful time. I remember our initial 'meet and greet' meeting that took 2 hours because Joan just let me vent about all the things no one else seemed to care about. She didn't ask to leave or look at her watch once. She has an authenticity that is rare in wedding vendors. I am not comfortable being photographed (My senior pictures were a disaster) but with Joan it felt like I was taking pictures with my best friend. She brings a lighthearted and fun energy with her everywhere that she goes. The day of our engagements it was hot and sticky and I remember thinking that my clothes were sticking to me and that these photos were going to look like I was melting. I was proudly proven wrong. She has an eye for beauty in the things that the rest of the world overlooks. Joan is an artist, plain and simple. During our engagement photo shoot she actually captured some of my husbands rare genuine smiles and I love that. I felt as though she captured these rare, romantic moments between me and my husband. I never felt like she was simply 'taking photos'. She was creating something memorable and timeless that is displayed in multiple places around my home. We drove around all day stopping in places that caught Joan's eye and taking the most amazing pictures. She never put us on a timeline, she knew how important it was to us and never made us feel rushed. Our wedding day we got hit by a surprise snow storm. Joan took everything in stride and encouraged me to take photos outside in difficult places so that i could capture such a memorable amazing day. Joan ended up crawling over snow banks and standing on a precarious pond to get some amazing shots. Throughout our wedding ceremony I didn't see Joan once but she took so many beautiful photos it was as though she was right there in the moment. She didn't stop taking pictures until we were kicked out of the chapel and headed to the reception. When I got there she was hard at work taking pictures of every simple thing so I could remember every piece (Trust me you will want this, it is the fastest day of your life). She also managed to capture the personalities of all my family members which was a fun keepsake. Joan even went and took a photo in our photo booth we had in the lobby of our reception. During the reception Joan was the one who grabbed me water because I had to talk to so many people that I wasn't able to make it to the bar. When we popped our first bottle of champagne into the snowy parking lot, Joan went and found the cork for us so we could keep it as a forever keepsake. In many candid conversations between my husband and I since our wedding we discuss the things we would change or do differently now that we have gotten married once. Every time Joan is the thing that we keep exactly the same. If you are looking for someone who respects and love the sanctity of your wedding day as much as you, choose Brochman photography. I cannot recommend her any more highly, she was simply amazing. Without a doubt you couldn't pick a single better person or photographer.

Pleasure to work with

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Melany K

Very personable, easy to work with, pays attention to what you want and delivers. I would highly reccommend Joan to anyone looking for a photographer to document their special event.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Joan is a great communicator, which is a very important quality of a wedding photographer. She's open to ideas and gives professional input. She has an eye for capturing the small details as well as big, important things. We are extremely happy with our wedding photos that... Read More Joan had ready within a month! I would recommend Joan Brochman. As a general suggestion to future newlyweds, try to designate a family member or personal attendant (or 2nd photographer) to help with organizing and fetching bridal party, family, and friends.

An amazing job!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Meagan W

Joan did such an amazing job with both our engagement photos and wedding photos. She was so fun and easy to work with and I'm so glad we had her! She took stunning photos all while keeping the big families in order to get them done timely while having fun! I'm so glad I have her... Read More awesome pictures to look back on for my very important day!

Easy Decision, Great Results!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Ashley T

After meeting with Joan, we knew she had the perfect combination of skill and personality. On our wedding day she was able to wrangle our wedding party to capture some great photos, all while being fun and light hearted. After the wedding, our photos were delivered in a timely... Read More manner, and we were extremely happy with the results. We hope to use Joan as a photographer for many more moments in our life!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Alexis Z

Joan is so great to work with. We just received our wedding pictures back and have been looking at them constantly ever since. We have received so many compliments! I love the way Joan can find a unique angle or setting and make it beautiful. She and her assistant Mindy were... Read More fun to be around on the day of the wedding too, which is so important. She was taking pictures constantly, of all the little details and of my guests... I would recommend her to anyone and everyone :)

Joan does amazing work!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Stefani N

We loved working with Joan!! She makes you feel so comfortable while taking photos and will definitely make you laugh! The photos of the wedding turned out so wonderful and we love them all!

Joan Brockman Photography

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Molly F

Everything went amazing! Joan made sure we kept moving, and we actually stayed ahead of schedule. All the photos are beautiful! I could not have asked for anything more.

Fantastic Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Emily R

My husband and I used Joan for our wedding photography and couldn't have been more impressed or pleased with the final product! From our first meeting to our wedding day, Joan was there every step of the way - helping with location ideas, making sure our bridal party looked... Read More their best and making sure we met every timeline on the big day. Joan and Jess (her second shooter on our wedding day) made sure our entire group enjoyed the wedding day to its fullest and we couldn't have asked for better product to remind us of our day!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Madeline B

Joan is a wonderful photographer, and we are so glad we had her shoot our big day! She was the photographer for my sisters wedding three years ago, and we knew we wanted to use her right away. Our pictures are absolutely wonderful, and she captured all of the emotion of the day.... Read More Joan and her assistant, Mindy Wiener, were so good with us and made us feel at ease. We highly recommend Joan!

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 2/22/2015 Dani P

We found Joan through reviews on the knot. When we contacted her she was always prompt with a response. She made us feel comfortable and confident in her work throughout the entire experience. The engagement pictures were so much fun to take. She listened to our ideas and... Read More was very flexible and professional. We met with her again before the wedding and discussed the pictures we wanted to get. She was open to our ideas, but also told us to be realistic about the shots we would be able to catch due to the lighting and time of year the pictures would be taken. When the pictures came back to us they were STUNNING!!! She took a great mixture of shots, (bridal party/ family/ guests/ decorations) which was a great representation of our special day. When we had some set backs with timing she was calm and helped us still get the shots we needed. We would absolutely recommend Joan Brochman Photography. The professionalism, quality of pictures and value we experienced helped make our wedding an overwhelming success!

Satisfied Couple!

Reviewed on 2/17/2015 Amanda S

Choosing Joan as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding! Immediately after out initial consultations we knew she was the one we wanted to capture our special day. Our engagement photos turned out amazing, and we... Read More could not have asked for better wedding pictures! Joan was so fun to work with, and did an amazing job capturing so many candid moments between my husband and I. If you are looking for a professional, talented, energetic, and creative photographer, Joan is your gal!

One of our favorite parts of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Tracey M

Joan is amazing! She worked with us for our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and we could not have asked for a better experience. She was very professional and we could tell she knew what she was doing. She was so helpful throughout the day - she went above and beyond... Read More just taking photos!! She's not afraid to get dirty or do whatever it takes to get the best shot. I never for a second worried that we wouldn't have great pictures. If you're looking for a knowledgeable and friendly photographer who takes amazing photos, Joan is the one you want!!

Most Personable, and FUN Photographer Out THere

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 jessica n

Joan was amazing. From the first email and all the way through the wedding planning i knew I had made the right decision for a photographer! She is super personable and is great at listening to what you want and dont want and did an awesome job helping make your dream truly a... Read More dream. She truly is a people person and i would reccomend her to anyone looking for a photographer who truly cares about your wants and needs to make your day extra special! She was so amazing that more than one of my unmarried bridesmaids told me that if they ever got married they were going to try and hire Joan. I would recommend joan to anyone she truly is one of a kind. i cant wait to work with her again in the future!!!

Joan is postivitly amazing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Kiana M

My husband, Tyler and I used Joan for our engagement and wedding photos! She showed incredible creativity in venue, poses, and attention to detail. Joan was so involved in every photo she took for us; suggesting new ideas and making jokes along the way. Our engagement session... Read More was beautiful and we received so many compliments on our photos. Our wedding was also spectacular and the work was flawless. Joan not only is a talented photographer but also just a great person to be around. Her kindness and love for her job reflects in your photos as her smile is contagious. 10/10 would suggest her to ANYONE who would ask and I brag about her work every chance I get. Her photos will forever be an amazing keepsake I get to keep in my home and see for years to come, and I couldn't be more grateful! The Ress family will continue to go to Joan Brochman for our photography needs as the every experience with her thus far has been more than satisfying!

She is AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Melissa O

We cannot say enough good things about Joan! We clicked almost immediately, and she was helpful, creative, and thoughtful in her approach with us. She took our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and I cannot imagine anyone else doing them for us. We highly recommend... Read More her!!

Would love to work with Joan again!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Sarah W

Our elopement was short, and sweet, but most of all it was last minute! Joan went out of her way to make sure she could be there for us on our special day, even finding a location for us that fit what we were looking for exactly! She really paid attention to every detail that... Read More was important to us from the rings, the shoes, and right down to my husbands military uniform. It was a day that was freezing outside, but Joan was able to joke with us and really keep us going through everything. Even our two older children loved her! She made it look effortless working with a group of people all with different ages and personalities. She is so very easy to work with (even if we were not!) We now have beautiful photographs to keep forever. I'm hoping she will work with us for family pictures too!

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Kelli N

We had our wedding back in June and Joan did as amazing job. We got rained out on our wedding day so at the last minute Joan had to change everything and find new places to take pictures and we loved them! She is so easy and laid back to work with which is what we both wanted.... Read More She makes it not feel so awkward posing for pictures. I would definitley recommend hiring her!

Joan was the best wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Abby L

We absolutely loved working with Joan for our wedding day! we desperately tried to stay on a budget and she was the best bang for your buck for sure!. She was very thoughtful, thinking of every possible memory we would want a picture taken of. We spent a lot of time taking... Read More pictures, and when the wedding party needed a break she just kept going! she worked so hard for us. We couldn't be happier with the beautiful pictures we received, we seriously did not have a single bad picture! We look forward to working with her again when we have our children, she was the best!

Joan was great!

Reviewed on 8/02/2014 Karen K

Joan was really great about getting in touch with you for wedding day planning and asking what kind of shots you wanted for your big day. She did such a great job with candid shots also of guests at the reception and the bridal party. She was great at getting shots of the... Read More details of my dress and my bridal party.

Awesome Job!

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Melisa B

I absolutely loved Joan as our photographer! From the first day we met, she wanted to know everything about my then fiance and myself, how we met, how he proposed, what we liked to do as a couple, and what we expected for our wedding day. She made our engagement picture session... Read More fun and enjoyable, and helped us encorporate our dog as well! She was on top of everything for the big day, with a time line and a list of shots that we absolutely had to have! She was great with our wedding party and family. I also loved the fact that she brought a second photographer for the wedding day. We loved how the pictures turned out, and would recommend Joan to any body for their wedding day!

Very Professional

Reviewed on 2/24/2014

Joan went above and beyond for my daughter and her husband. With myself being a wedding photographer, I had certain looks I wanted for my daughter and Brochman Photography nailed it. I would recommend her to anyone. She was fun and put up with a wedding party of 16 people.... Read More We love our portraits and will have them for a ever to cherish. Thanks so much Joan!

Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Brenda D

Joan was AMAZING! She was referred to us by a friend so we knew she did awesome work. I had a vision of what our winter wedding would look like and the photos I wanted captured. She blew our expectations out of the water! She is easy to work with, responsive and a total... Read More advocate for helping make the bride and grooms vision come true. We couldn't be more happy with how our big day was captured!!!

Engagement & Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Jennifer K

Joan did a fantastic job with our engagement pictures & was willing to drive out of her way to the location we requested! Everyone was very impressed with how nice our engagement pictures turned out! We did have a hick-up with our wedding day photography schedule, but she made... Read More sure we were taken care of & made it up to us! Thank you for taking good care of us & for the wonderful pictures!