Joey Ikemoto Photography

Torrance, CA

Wedding Photography

Best of The Knot 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Over 37 years of experience, we are one of the premier wedding photography studios in the nation. Visit our website and view hundreds of beautiful photos. With our artistic vision, you will be sure to enjoy your memories for a lifetime.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

1267 Sartori Ave, Torrance, CA

Uber-talented Photographer!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Lei D

My fiance and I hired Joey as our wedding photographer. The process from start to finish was extremely easy. Joey and his team are very professional, friendly and accommodating. I never had any issues when I have questions or concerns as they were all very helpful. Our meeting... Read More with Joey was super fun! He made my fiance and I felt at ease and we liked him the moment we met. We knew he was the right guy for the job. Joey was very knowledgeable, professional, detail oriented, creative and extremely talented. He walked us through the whole process step by step and answered all of our questions. He made suggestions throughout the meeting and also listened and did the best he can to cater to our requests. He also made it super fun for us and our family and friends while taking pictures at our wedding. Joey's personality meshed well with ours so we had a blast on our wedding day. He made everything so easy and made everyone feel comfortable. He was hilarious and made everyone laugh and at the same time made sure he took care of business. I can't wait to see the pictures as I know for sure Joey took a lot of fantastic and amazing shots...especially the ones from the chapel and the lookout. I'm pretty sure the pictures are going to be phenomenal. Joey is extremely talented and I'm so thankful and grateful to have worked with him. I will definitely recommend him to friends and family and am looking forward to working with him in the near future. YOU TOTALLY ROCK JOEY IKEMOTO!!! Thank you so much for being a fantabulous photographer and I'm uber-excited to see the pictures!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

Finding the BEST photographer for the wedding was TOP Priority. We did'nt even shop around for another photographer. I had them in mind before I had my man chosen! SAM did an awesome job in our wedding pictures. Kevin was the best bridesmaid!! lol. They were very punctual,... Read More professional, they are quick, fast and very fantastic pictures. They were PHENOMENAL!! we had no doubts when we were booking the date and when we were scheduling everything. They are the BEST OF THE WEST!!! I guarantee it!

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Thaddeus C

Planning a wedding from across the country is always hard to do. It's nerve racking to hire someone that you've never met in person and can only approve of them based on their body of work. Joey's photos were superb, so my wife and I were going into this arrangement feel... Read More pretty good about our decision. What we got on the day of, we could never have dreamed of. Joey blew our expectations out of the water and was a class act the entire day. He got shots that were amazing, got a crying baby to stop crying and smile in an instant, and single handedly made our day with his attitude, enthusiasm, and dedication to his craft. We would hire Joey again in a heart beat if we had to do it all over again. Couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Laura F

Hiring Joey for our wedding was one of our easier decisions. His photos are stunning, and he and his staff were professional and fun throughout the entire process. My husband and I recently ordered our wedding album and had such a difficult time narrowing down the many... Read More beautiful options... we are so excited to see the final results!!

Couldn´t be any better!!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015

When my sister decided to have her wedding in LA, I knew I would have a lot of work! After all, we live in Brazil! But finding the right team to photograph this lovely moment was easy! Since the first "long distance" meeting we had with Joey through Skype we were sure we... Read More were in good hands. Joey was really amazing! He made all the questions he had to, specially to help us being sure we hád taken care of every single detail for the event. He knew very well the SPA, the chapel, the resort where the reception was going to be held, places to take the best pictures ever and the time we had to be in each spot. We are very greatful to be able to count on the best team since the first contact till the shipment of the album. The final result couldn´t be any better!

Awesome photographer!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Laura M

Joey and his team are absolutely AMAZING! Joey was so much fun to work with - he does a wonderful job putting you at ease! My husband and I are so happy with the incredible photos he captured on our special day. We highly recommend him!

Don't think twice, this is beyond Nice!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 April G

It's YOUR WEDDING DAY!! Your SPECIAL MOMENT deserving it's best capture-- JOEY IKEMOTO goes above & beyond your dream shots! Joey is a great listener, he knows the look and feel you're going for and even offers ideas you never thought about. Meeting with him was a... Read More wonderful experience! He not only shows you his work but exudes passion for his work. Another thing I loved about meeting Joey was being introduced to his amazing team-- from Allison who was always very sweet and helpful to Tracy Miyamoto who had the lovely job of corresponding to my numerous emails for the edits & layout preferences my husband & I wanted for the album! Weddings aren't only his specialty! You'll see as you come in for the only appointment you need! And just as you thought the pros end there--Fast turnaround time from picking photos to Album layout & Delivery! Outstanding team, Out of this world work, If you have not booked a photographer, you only need one number to call. Joey Ikemoto is worth it 💖✨✨ Blessed to have found the only photographer we need for all our photography needs!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Vanessa F

Joey Ikemoto is the legendary photographer you dream to have on your wedding day and engagement photos! From the time you step foot in his studio, his presence warms your heart and you instantly feel apart of the photography process. His charming personality keeps both you and... Read More your fiancé focused in on the meaning of this special day and so relaxed that taking thousands of pictures becomes so memorable. His work can not be described unless you can come up with a million different ways to say beautiful! I would highly recommend Joey Ikemoto for your special day. He is one that you can trust and work with to capture those special moments. You will not be disapointed...You will love him!

Excellence and Professionalism

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

I was referred to Joey Ikemoto by my cousin and my sister who both used him as their wedding photographers. I am highly pleased with the work that he does. He is truly talented in photography and every picture is beautiful with a creative twist. The album was made in a timely... Read More manner and it is absolutely beautiful. Joey Ikemoto and his team are highly professional and they made my wedding day run smoothly and successfully. I highly recommend his expertise.

Stunning Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Joey Ikemoto Photography was an amazing choice for our wedding! We had our wedding at the Botanical Gardens, and one of the reasons I chose Joey Ikemoto is because they do amazing nature shots that highlight both the beauty of nature and the gorgeous wedding settings/the bride... Read More and groom. We were a somewhat low budget wedding, and this was a bit out of budget, but it felt worth the investment because this would be what remained of our wedding and would be the memories we could hold onto and share for years to come. And they did not disappoint! Joey was also really helpful in helping us organize the schedule of the wedding and even keeping things (especially pre-wedding) on track with the photography schedule. We had a pre-wedding consultation with him in which he put us at ease and was just so light hearted and easy to work with. He is the perfect combination of agreeable and funny, as well as organized and down to business. Joey Ikemoto's photography is just stunningly artistic, and he and his crew are able to capture important moments beautifully. We had a non-typical ethnic wedding, and he was great in accommodating and highlighting-- and even accentuating-- our traditions and clothing. We would definitely recommend Joey Ikemoto for your wedding! Be sure to check out his blog and see if his style fits you! It certainly was perfect for us!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Darlene G

Joey and his team are truely the most amazing and professional around. If what you are looking for are breath taking memories of your one special day, then look nowhere else but with Joey!

2015-10-09T12:42:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the great review! We enjoyed working with you and helping to make your day memorable!

Great Photographers

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Drew L

We had great service and good turnaround time on pictures. Joey was very friendly and knew how to handle the mothers and fathers of the bride and groom without offending either family. After looking at the website and seeing other photos when we visited the office, we knew... Read More this was what we were looking for.

2015-10-09T12:46:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to review us and we are honored to be able to be a part of your special day!

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Stacy Y

I was on the verge of tears and a mental breakdown because I could not find a reasonable and good photographer in San Francisco for our wedding. A friend recommended Joey and said it wouldn't hurt to contact them and see if they can travel. I'm so glad I did. We checked... Read More out the website, set a meeting, and signed that same day. They were professional and friendly from the get-go and the pricing was more than reasonable considering the quality of work (compared to San Francisco pricing). Joey himself shot our engagement photos and masterfully got my husband comfortable enough to genuinely SMILE for the camera. Sam made the trip to SF to shoot our wedding and he was on top of EVERYTHING. He did a wonderful job of getting amazing shots and keeping us sane. We are immensely happy with his work and the service we have received is nothing but all-star from everyone. Tracy and Allison are pretty awesome too. =) I highly recommend these guys. I can't wait to see the finished album!! I'll come back and post pictures here after I go and pick them up. =)

2015-10-09T12:47:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review. WE enjoyed working with you and look forward to completing the album so you will have a beautiful album to remember your special day!

Joey Ikemoto

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

Did a nice job, but their pricing is difficult to understand until you have finished the process.

Great job!!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

My husband and I both HATE having our photo taken, so Joey really had his work cut out for him. He rose to the challenge! He was able to interact with us in a way that made us feel comfortable in front of the camera which resulted in him getting some great shots of us.

2015-10-01T14:38:04 Response from the vendor

We are honored to be able to be a part of your wedding and we are very happy that you felt so comfortable working with us!

You are the best

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Peiyu L

I love the quality of the service with such a reasonable price package. Love, love, love, plus 1 million loves to you guys!

2015-10-01T14:36:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! We love you too!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

Joey is a 5 star photographer. He is a fabulous organizer and planner. With his artistic abilities he is is able to create outstanding photos. He is a joy to work with and is loved by all wedding guests. A special thanks to Tracy for his patience and help with our wedding... Read More album.

Dream photographer

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Teresa H

Joey Ikemoto was the perfect choice for our engagement & wedding photography. They are outstanding and very professional. We loved our engagement session around our hometown and the wedding day photography was expertly done. The photographers were accommodating and up for... Read More anything. We can't wait to share the images with friends and family. Everything went perfectly - they were unobtrusive but present. We can highly recommend Joey Ikemoto and his staff. Perfection.

Talented Photographers

Reviewed on 1/11/2015 Ha N

Better late then never ! My husband and I got married on 9/15/12. I loved working with Joey Ikemoto Photograpy. When ever I called about my package, they were always so helpful. Sam and Chris were amazing, I loved every picture that they shot. I would highly recommend Joey... Read More Ikemoto Photography.

Everything was perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Jaclyn M

Everyone on the crew was great. Sam was very professional and we had a blast working with him!!

Outstanding and amazing photographer

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Lucy A

Joey Ikemoto came highly recommended by many different sources and we know why! We had our first meeting in the studio and immediately knew Joey was the one! His work is beautiful, creative and of the highest quality. He is extremely professional, organized, efficient,... Read More reliable, diligent and highly talented. Joey and his entire team were extremely helpful as we reviewed the timeline and talked through special elements of the wedding day that were important to capture. From the beginning, we had complete trust and confidence in Joey knowing that he would capture the day beautifully and allow the bride and groom, and wedding party and guests, to enjoy the most wonderful day and evening. Joey knew exactly the right photos to take and when to take them and coordinated meticulously within the timeframe. He has a real talent of making everyone feel relaxed and at ease, including the bride and groom! His dedication, thoughtfulness and passion for what he does is amazing. We were thrilled and very much look forward to continuing to work with Joey and his team as we go through the photo and album review and selection process....and engaging Joey again very soon for some holiday cards! THANK YOU JOEY!

Absolutely Stunning Photos

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Neil P

We decided to go with Joey Ikemoto Photography for our wedding mainly because their website stands out above the rest of the sites we looked at. It is clear that they are very experienced and they take quality shots - see for yourself if you haven't done so already. At our... Read More initial consultation, Joey explained why his studio is better than most (experience, equipment, etc.) but we were already sold. Although you pay a premium to have Joey shoot your wedding, you can also have one of his associates do it for a lower price. We had his associate Sam do our wedding and he was amazing. The planning meeting a couple of months before our big day allowed us to prepare a detailed timeline of exactly where everyone was going to be and when as well as what shots we wanted to take and with whom. Being very familiar with our ceremony and reception venues (Wayfarers Chapel in Palos Verdes and The Portofino Hotel in Redondo Beach), they were also able to suggest shots that had resulted in amazing photos for them in the past. On our big day, Sam and his assistant were very organized, professional, and easy to work with. They pulled us outside at sunset to get some shots and again later for some shots in the moonlight. They were clearly excited about the incredible photos they were getting which made us even more anxious to see them. One short month after our wedding, the images (over 2,000 of them!) were uploaded for us to view and select from for our album. We were absolutely blown away by what we saw - they are better than we could have ever imagined! Choosing this company for our photography was easily one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. The hard part is going to be narrowing it down to 100 or so for the photo album because there are so many amazing shots. I would recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography to anybody that wants the absolute best photos possible of their wedding.

wedding photography

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 NICA D

They were very professional and seem to know what theyre doing. They make every moment count and take every photo oppurtunity. Very artistic and professional. We really love the pictures. We highly recommend joey ikemoto photography. Our parents and relatives were amazed when... Read More they saw all the pictures.

Wayfarer Wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Sheri W

I would highly recommend Joey Ikemoto!! I researched several photographers who had experience at Wayfarers Chapel in PV. We choose Joey for his artistic approach. We wanted a few traditional photos but really wanted wedding photos that were truly a piece of art. Joey and... Read More his team were highly professional. He knows how to quickly set up the photo to produce the best outcome. He keeps you laughing to ensure he captures the moment. He is highly organized in order to maximize photo opportunities. Thanks to Joey for preserving memories of our wedding.

Quality isn't cheap

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

Joey is not the cheapest around but man does he and his staff take good pictures. My bride and I decided that this was one area we wanted to stretch our budget. At the end of the day, our memories and what we will show our kids is ultimately what lasts. I agree with some... Read More reviewers that his pricing is a bit confusing but we figured it out.