Wedding Photography

Best of The Knot 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011 and 2010. Over 40 years of experience, we are one of the premier wedding photography studios in the nation. Visit our website and view hundreds of beautiful photos. With our artistic vision, you will be sure to enjoy your memories for a lifetime. We welcome you to visit our 6000 sq. ft. studio located in the Old Torrance District. We look forward to meeting you and helping you to plan the perfect wedding day!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Modern

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Bow2010

1267 Sartori Ave, Torrance, CA (310) 212-7366

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Traci P

We got married at the Wayfarer's Chapel in October. We looked at several photographer options. We only needed a photographer for the ceremony since we were from out of town and our reception would be later at a different venue. We are also not a typical couple, both of us... Read More being over 6'3 and I have a medical condition that I am insecure about especially in pictures. We also wanted photographer's who knew how to work with the Wayfarer's chapel, which is all glass so has specific lighting issues, and a short alotted time to get married which is very regimented and limited so we knew we had to make the time count and wanted the best we could get. There were so many reasons we chose Joey and his colleagues. First they were very flexible with what we needed, they had a package that met our needs where other photographers did not (we didn't need an engagement session and only needed hours at the church, and no reception coverage). They are very affordable, especially for their high quality services, and offer many different packages. They have photographed weddings at the Wayfarer's church for years so they were so familiar with the best spots to get the best shots, especially at 2:00 in the afternoon (the hardest light time in the day), and they knew how to move us around the church to get the great shots while being discrete so guests and we didn't see each other before the ceremony. The church staff the whole time also said how they love when Joey & his team photograph, and they really worked well with each other to coordinate our time. They were familiar with the lighting issues and structure of the church knowing where to stand and be to get the best coverage of our event. They are also all very educated in their field, and receive a lot of training, and from what I can tell are required to do continued education and trainings to stay expert in their skills. Our photographer was Henry and his assistant. We met with Joey a couple days before. I asked if they could work around my condition, and went over how things would flow and what was important to us. On the day of our wedding, Henry was there before us to meet. Without even a flinch or a whole new discussion, he simply affirmed he went over everything with Joey, and understood what we needed, and gave me a nod and assured me what I had talked with Joey about and I had nothing to worry about. This in itself was worth everything to me! Everything! It can be so hard to have to go over things again and again, and see how people react ect, and right off he never had a reaction and made me feel at ease. He was so kind, so professional, organized, and really knew how to work in a very fast and effective way to make everyone feel comfortable, get what he needed from everyone, even the kids, and maximized the limited time we had to get all the important pictures we needed. I would recommend Joey and his Colleagues over and over without any hesitation. Especially if you are getting Married at the Wayfarer's Chapel. We were so blessed to have had a dream wedding at a dream venue and the best photographers to capture it all! I feel like with your special day, you only have one chance to get things right, and one chance to capture it the way you hope it can be, and want the best you can get who can get it right, which we know without a doubt they did!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Derrick M

An absolutely wonderful experience for us - from "hello" to "I do". From our initial meeting at the studio, where we knew right away that this was the photography team that would capture our special day in the very best manner, style, and emotional vision. Their... Read More professionalism, insights, and wonderful sense of humor, really put us at ease and our family and guest. Every picture reflects the ease and fluid nature that was the style of our photographer, Henry. He captured the beauty and happiness of our wedding day, and we are forever thankful. Simply put, Joey Ikemoto and his team are Best in Class!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Elsbeth M

Joey did an amazing job at our wedding back in September. They were professional and fun, I got so many compliments on how amazing they were. The pictures came out beautiful and the entire process has been incredible!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Christina C

We definitely recommend Joey and his team! We had an amazing experience on our wedding day at Wayfarers Chapel- Henry and Kevin were our photographers and wow they were awesome!! All of my family loved them too, they really exceeded my expectations! I was so impressed they were... Read More able to get great photos while sticking to the strict Wayfarers timeline and be fun and reassuring (I'm usually not confident about being in pictures and feel awkward) all at the same time. I've been to quite a few weddings and have noticed that it's rare to have photographers with the creative talent for amazing pictures who can also be personable and fun while they're working; and it really makes such a difference at a wedding! We don't live in CA so all the planning was done via email and phone calls; Joey and Tracy were very helpful and patient with all of my questions leading up to our wedding, and there is no way it would have gone as smoothly as it did if it weren't for their expertise and suggestions. People say finding "the dress" is the big important decision when planning a wedding, but for me, finding the right photographer was the most important decision, and everything fell into place after we chose Joey Ikemoto Photography!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Calie H

Words cannot begin to express the memories of our wedding day that were captured! From the time we picked the venue, we knew Joey and his team would be the best to help us capture it! Planning was extremely easy and we were able to get the most built into the day with Joey's... Read More suggestions. He helped determine where we could catch the best light and even gave us options for the day, since you never know what the sunset will do. Our photographer, Sam, was non stop fun from the get go and was able to laugh with us and ensure the happiness from that day spilled through the camera. We were able to get a beautiful mix of candid and artistic photos from our day. Our guest kept commenting how they were a perfect mix of fun and professional, accommodating to get pictures on the fly. He was the best working with our flower girls (both age 4) and getting adorable photos of them. All of the pictures have come out perfect, and in the words of some of the family, they are "timeless and elegant, but we see your personalities come through!"

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Michele H

I can't say enough good things!! We traveled from Kansas City, Missouri to California for our wedding. I met Joey about 4 months before the wedding. I couldn't have been more pleased! He is professional and hilarious all at the same time. He had Sam photograph our wedding.... Read More I was extremely happy with the way our pictures came out. He kept everybody moving..met all of our needs!! I am very particular about my photos..so I wanted a lot to choose from. He did incredible!! I would highly recommend Joey Ikemoto to everyone. And when we come back to California. I will just have to have more photos taken. Also...I must mention Tracey who I first spoke to on the phone. He is GREAT. EVERYTHING WAS GREAT!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Nicole D

Joey Ikemoto's studio was SUPERB from the moment we started working with them until our goodbyes the wedding night. Our wedding was 9/3/2017 at Heritage Square Museum. Our photographer Henry and second shooter were 100% professional, knew how to direct both our families (bonus... Read More that Henry spoke Spanish for my husband's family!), and took the most beautiful photos. We had the worst heat wave in Glendale the weekend of our wedding and our photographers worked through it with ease. I honestly can't say enough amazing things about this studio. In addition, working with Joey himself for our engagement photos was a blast and he put us completely at ease and took amazing pictures. Thanks again to all of you!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Jason K

If I were rebranding this company, I'd call them Joey and The Ikemotos! They operated like a perfectly tuned band whose been playing together for years, with their own secondhand language that makes the entire process run smooth and by the numbers so that the stars of the show... Read More and supporting cast come out looking like rockstars! Thank you for the outstanding effort, working thru the hottest heatwave on record in The Valley and getting incredible photo coverage of the Ashenafi-Kelley Wedding. We couldn't be happier with choosing Joey and his team.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Joe M

We hired Joey Ikemoto Photography and had a wonderful experience with them. We worked with Sam during our wedding, and he was such a joy to work with. We loved him, our guests loved him, and he did a great job of making everyone and everything look great. We're very happy we... Read More chose to work with them!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Marise S

We selected Joey Ikemoto photography to photograph our wedding on July 2nd. Joey and his team were very organized and helped create a timeline for our big day to make sure we could get shots we wanted without stressing and gave options as to where to shoot photos after our... Read More ceremony. We are very happy with the quality of our pictures. Henry was our photographer, he and his assistant were very punctional and professional. We are glad we chose Joey Ikemoto photography to capture special moments on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Tiffany E

We really couldn't have been happier with our wedding photos from Joey Ikemoto Photography. Joey didn't cover our wedding, instead we had Sam. He was excellent. Your wedding is a exciting and stressful day and Sam was there to capture everything and make things a little... Read More easier. Joey himself was also amazing in the planning stages with helping us come up with a time line for our wedding. I planned my wedding myself and these guys were just the best. Everyone I spoke with that recognized them also told me they were the best. There is a reason these guys win all these awards- they are good!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Debbie S

I can't speak highly enough of Joey Ikemoto as my wedding photographer. Not only did he capture the emotion and love of the day, he was a wonderful resource for two of my other vendors--florist and videographer--who were excellent to work with as well. Joey and his staff are... Read More true professionals. My Fiance did not want to feel like he was being photographed all night long and Joey put him at ease during our engagement session and got all the shots I wanted on the wedding day without it feeling too staged or posed. By far, the best decision I made in planning my wedding was hiring Joey. If I could give him 10 stars, I would!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Elizabeth G

Joey and his team are absolutely amazing at what they do and are super fun to work with! Having Joey and his team with us on our wedding day definitely was the best decision we made and we feel that we got more than our money's worth! Before we knew it we were laughing and... Read More joking with them as if they were old friends. If you want someone who definitely knows what they are doing and loves photography then this is the team for you! Just relax and let them make the timeline and all will be well! I can't wait to continue to go back to their studio in Torrance for future mile stones :)

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Richard P

The best decision made. Absolute perfection from start to finish. All of our family members were delighted on their professionalism, detail oriented, and making everyone smile and laugh capturing one of THE most important day of your life. Photo angles and images are stellar and... Read More breathtaking. There's nothing more important than having the right photographer capture and save your life memories. Thank you Joey Ikemoto.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Yanique B

That moment when you're anxiously hunting for a photographer and you find yourself in conversation with Joey Ikemoto. You know you've found the perfect fit. His knowledge and charming personality reassures you and I can't say enough about the quality and artistry of the... Read More photographs. His pre-consultation also takes into account what you need/want and executes it exquisitely. As a plus sized bride he made me feel comfortable and at ease. Cost wise you are getting the best bang for your buck with this team. If you're looking for a photographer Joey Ikemoto Studios should be in your top tier of options. Lol scratch that he is your man no need to look further.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Christina M

We really could not have picked a better a better company than Joey's! From start to finish they have been nothing but professional, responsive and attentive. Joey and his assistant were so easy and fun to work with for our special day! They will definitely be our recommendation... Read More for any future weddings for family and friends.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Amanda F

Joey and his team are amazing! I've been getting compliments since our June 2nd wedding about how everyone loved our photographer. Not only does Joey take amazing photos, he also had everyone laughing and having fun. He is organized, great at getting everyone together and on the... Read More same page, and comes prepared with hairspray and Bobby pins. The pictures posted on his blog are amazing and we cannot wait to see the rest of our photos. Thank you Joey, Tracy, and the rest of you team for everything you did for us!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Stephen Q

Talk about feeling blessed. On a recommendation from my bride's friend, we selected Joey Ikemoto Photography for our March wedding. It was the best decision we made. Joey assigned Sam to be our lead photographer for our engagement and wedding photos. Sam is an amazing... Read More photographer with an excellent eye for capturing the moment. He has a great personality and works well with people of all ages. We appreciate his kindness and thoughtfulness for elders and his patience and youthful spirit with the kids. Sam was assisted by Stephan. As a team, these two worked well together. These gentlemen are professional, creative and understanding. As my wife and I look at the photos for our album. Its really hard to separate the great ones from the best ones because all of the various shots are wonderful in our eyes. Thank you Joey Ikemoto Photography for giving us a lifetime of memories!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Christine L

Joey was absolutely amazing! He captured all the special moments at my wedding and I could not ask for more. Additionally, he was very well prepared for ANYTHING. Here are a couple of examples: My now husband ate a sandwich and failed to notice all the stuff stuck in between his... Read More teeth right before our photos! Luckily, Joey had dental floss readily available. Also, my toddler-aged flower girl was crying and cranky. Joey had bubbles in his nifty emergency pack and was able to get her smiling and laughing for photos. Overall, I would highly recommend Joey and team for photography!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Angelica K

so glad we decided to hire joey for our 25th wedding anniversary/vow renewal. he and his team are professional, easy to work with and have a great eye at capturing beautiful photos that truly tell a story. very happy with how the photos turned out. highly recommend. Sam and... Read More Nathan were friendly, fun, and professional. They seemed genuinely happy to be with us on our special day. Wr knw a lot was going on, but they made time and carefully arranged us so we would look our best. They also organized the multiple families for photos. They both made us feel like they knew us and our family, and were able to tell out story through the photos. They used so many angles and perspectives, and allowed for the details and theme to show in the photos. So far the photos have been edited thoughtfully and beautifully. On a hectic wedding day, with so much going on and so many family members to see, the day can pass in a flash. Joey and his staff greatly organized our day and focused on moments they knew we would cherish. Sam and Nathan used wonderful judgement and the natural outdoor light to make our home wedding look vibrant. We would highly recomment Joey Ikemoto and his staff. They are truly legendary for their beautiful and careful work.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Brittney T

Our wedding was perfect, thanks to our photographers! I would have been lost without them. They kept me on schedule, never rushed me and helped improvise when things didn't go as planned. My husband and I got married in March on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, ca. I wanted to... Read More really use the art of the ship to accent my photos, they really understood what that meant. Also, lighting was important and they hit the nail on the head with the accent lighting! My husband said that he had the most fun with them, because you're pretty much with the photographers for the entire wedding day. They made our special day a real pleasure.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Cherry Z

My husband and I were glad that we went with Joey Ikemodo Photography. Daryl and Nate were extremely easy and pleasant to work with. Throughout the night, they barely took any breaks and were very enthusiastic. Joey and his team have done many weddings at Redondo Beach Historic... Read More Library and are familiar with the set-up and flow. That was another reason why we decided to go with them. I would highly recommend them and let's support out local business!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Charah E

I found Joey Ikemoto Photography on the Wayfarers Chapel website under the recommended photographers section. Since we were only limited to two hours on the Wayfarers property and they are familiar with the grounds I felt they were the best choice. Plus, the pictures on their... Read More website and blog were amazing. When it came down to planning our special day, Tracy answered all our questions and Joey sat down with us and made the perfect timeline of how our pictures should flow. This helped with our photographers and videographers work together and to be on the same page. My husband and I had Daryl and Henry as our photographers and they were great to work with! I couldn't of asked for better photographers! Ultimately, our wedding photos turned out perfectly and we have received so many compliments. Thanks again Joey Ikemoto Photography!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Chelsea H

Joey and his staff were so great. From our first planning meeting with Tracy to the day of festivities with Sam, we were blown away by how professional and personable this team was. Our pictures turned out beautiful and we had so much fun getting them. Thanks to everyone!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Maxine B

Joey Ikemoto Photography is phenomenal! If you are looking for first class quality and service, then go to Joey Ikemoto. I had my wedding last year in September and received my photos in November and they were absolutely breathtaking beautiful. THEY LIVE UP TO THE HYPE. Their... Read More studio in Torrance is spacious, clean and lovely. They are all genuinely nice and knowledgeable people. Joey and Tracy (his right hand guy) were patient, funny and extremely organized. They answered all my emails very quickly and the prices are reasonable. You have to spend a little if you want beautiful quality photos, there's no way to get around that but the 1200+ photo they took will make it worth it. I would absolutely use Joey Ikemoto again for all my major events again. YOU WILL NOT REGRET USING THEM. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them. They really do live up to all their accolades. They deserve it!