Wedding Photography

Best of The Knot 2018, 2017, 2016... We have won the Knot Best of for 8 years! We have been of service to the Southbay area for over 35 years. We are one of the premier wedding photography studios in the nation. Visit our website and view hundreds of beautiful photos. With our artistic vision, you will be sure to enjoy your memories for a lifetime. We welcome you to visit our studio located in the charming Historical downtown Torrance District. We look forward to meeting you and helping you to plan the perfect wedding day!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

1267 Sartori Ave, Torrance, CA (310) 212-7366

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Natalie W

There is simply no better word to describe Joey Ikamoto Photography than phenomenal! Joey and his staff were instrumental in our wedding day being the success that it was. When we sat down to discuss the schedule of events they used their vast experience of wedding day... Read More photography to make it a flawless day. Sam and Austin were punctual on the day of and took the most amazing pictures. Once the formal pictures were finished, they melted away into the background and snapped hundreds of photos while we partied the night away. As soon as we received our final pictures we realized just how talented they really are. We cannot say enough good things about them. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Jimmy L

Choosing Joey's studio for our wedding was one of our best decisions. Joey was easy to reach and gave us a lot of thoughtful input during the planning process. Actually, when we reached out to him, we were already quite behind on our overall planning. With Joey's help, we were... Read More able to really solidify a detailed timeline for the day, starting from makeup and prep work in the morning all the way to the end of our reception at 10pm. Being able to visualize all of these details helped us tremendously, both with making the event better and to lower our stress levels. I can't imagine what we would have done without his experience and expertise. On the big day, Joey and his team helped us build a fun and romantic atmosphere as we moved from place to place taking photos. I certainly think that everyone in the wedding party looked their best in part because he made them feel their best. It still makes me smile when I remember how well Joey made the kids smile and look at the camera at the reception—funny faces and a bubble blower, in case you were wondering! After the wedding, we were happy to see that our photos captured a variety of moods. Our favorite categories are probably the sweet, personal close-ups; the romantic wide-angle shots; artistic detail shots, like of our cake; and candid laughs and smiles from family. We have a good shot of every planned moment in the ceremony and reception. Together with the dancing and fun photos, they tell the story of our wedding day from start to finish.

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Patricia C

Joey Ikemoto Studios was my first choice (and should be yours!) when selecting a wedding photographer for my big day in 2017. The images produced by their team are some of the most striking you will find. Our photographer, Sam (and his assistant), displayed phenomenal talent,... Read More organization and service! Levi and I SO appreciate the artistry and professionalism displayed by Joey Ikemoto Studios. Our entire nuptial experience was improved by selecting them- from prompt communication and budgeting to planning our itinerary in their cozy offices- it is easy to see why they are such awarded experts in their field. The amazing things captured forever in frame on our special day make me feel like my dream wedding was finally realized and forever immortalized. To the entire staff @ Joey Ikemoto Studios: THANK YOU and Much Love!! Patricia and Levi Coman

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Diana D

When we were in the process of selecting a photographer for our wedding, we were overwhelmed by so many choices. But once we viewed the beautiful and artistic photos on the Joey Ikemoto Photography website, we stopped looking further and knew we found our guy. The team, Tracy,... Read More Kacie, and Joey were a pleasure to work with. Extremely prompt with replies to questions and concerns. Joey made sure to go over the timeline with me, to make sure we had the proper flow. Our photographers were Nathan and Austin. They were such a joy to work with. Very easy going, and even managed to get some giggles and smiles out of my 5yr old niece. Nathan directed us well with photos, poses, and with the flow for the reception. I would have been lost without him. My husband and I had so much fun during our photo shoot on the beach, just outside of Chart House Redondo, where we had our reception. Once we saw our pictures online, we were amazed and pleasantly surprised with their artistic talent. They were truly able to capture such beautiful memories. Now our most difficult decision is choosing photos. We want them all!! They’re all beautiful! I do not have enough kind words for this company. They are a very professional team, and the kind of company that you would trust to handle such a special day. I highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography for your wedding or special event. You will not be disappointed at all.

Reviewed on 12/23/2017 Robert K

We could not be happier with Joey Ikemoto’s photography. Joey and his team made the entire process smooth and enjoyable. Their years of experience really shine through everything from the photos themselves to how they interacted with our guests and the wedding party. When my... Read More now wife first discovered and suggested Joey Ikemoto Photography, I was very hesitant. After sitting down and speaking with Joey and meeting some of his team all my hesitation went out the window. Joey explained how everything worked, broke down a timetable, described how his equipment was a par above everyone else and really proved to us his price. After that, we were sold. When the time came, they delivered. We had Sam and Nathan with us on our wedding day. They arrived promptly at my soon to be bride’s hotel and began their work. Taking beautiful, elegant, and creative photos of her accessories, dress, and all of the prep work while never being “in the way” of her stylist and bridesmaids. Even with the flower girls, Sam and Nathan had them laughing a giggling and when the girls got distracted they busted out bubbles the capture their attention again. Once my Bride and her girls were dressed and ready, they captured beautiful moments in and around the hotel and really utilized the uniqueness of the environment they were in. Once at the Church then the reception Sam and Nathan continued to capture beautiful pictures. Excellent candid shots all over and even the ‘posed’ photos look amazing. They had our pictures up on their blog extremely fast and had the photo’s for us to review faster than anyone else we knows photographers did. Overall we are extremely happy with Joey Ikemoto Photography and have/will recommend them to anyone looking for a quality photographer.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Shawtina F

I knew from the second Sam arrived to shoot my wedding I was in great hands. He is a photography genius and a wedding pro. He came into my wedding suite and totally took over (in the best way): knew what shots he needed, had a wedding hook to hang my dress, organized the... Read More details to capture everything so beautifully. Sam has the "eye" to arrange photos exactly as they need to be and the discipline and attention to detail to capture the moments you do not want to miss. I could not be more thrilled with my photos. I actually want to drive to Torrance and give Sam and the team at Joey Ikemoto the biggest hug. The photos are a dream come true and it was an absolute pleasure spending this very special day with Sam at Joey Ikemoto! But dont take my word for it: http://blog.joeyikemoto.com/wayfarers-chapel-and-michaels-tuscany-room-san-pedro-wedding-anthony-shawtina/

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Sarah K

We just got back our wedding photos from Joey Ikeomoto Photography and we are obsessed!!! Sam was our photographer and he did such an awesome job. He captured EVERY moment from getting ready to the ceremony and finally, the party! Everything that I discussed with Sam and Joey... Read More prior to the wedding went perfectly. I would recommend Sam and Joey to any person getting married.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Traci P

We got married at the Wayfarer's Chapel in October. We looked at several photographer options. We only needed a photographer for the ceremony since we were from out of town and our reception would be later at a different venue. We are also not a typical couple, both of us... Read More being over 6'3 and I have a medical condition that I am insecure about especially in pictures. We also wanted photographer's who knew how to work with the Wayfarer's chapel, which is all glass so has specific lighting issues, and a short alotted time to get married which is very regimented and limited so we knew we had to make the time count and wanted the best we could get. There were so many reasons we chose Joey and his colleagues. First they were very flexible with what we needed, they had a package that met our needs where other photographers did not (we didn't need an engagement session and only needed hours at the church, and no reception coverage). They are very affordable, especially for their high quality services, and offer many different packages. They have photographed weddings at the Wayfarer's church for years so they were so familiar with the best spots to get the best shots, especially at 2:00 in the afternoon (the hardest light time in the day), and they knew how to move us around the church to get the great shots while being discrete so guests and we didn't see each other before the ceremony. The church staff the whole time also said how they love when Joey & his team photograph, and they really worked well with each other to coordinate our time. They were familiar with the lighting issues and structure of the church knowing where to stand and be to get the best coverage of our event. They are also all very educated in their field, and receive a lot of training, and from what I can tell are required to do continued education and trainings to stay expert in their skills. Our photographer was Henry and his assistant. We met with Joey a couple days before. I asked if they could work around my condition, and went over how things would flow and what was important to us. On the day of our wedding, Henry was there before us to meet. Without even a flinch or a whole new discussion, he simply affirmed he went over everything with Joey, and understood what we needed, and gave me a nod and assured me what I had talked with Joey about and I had nothing to worry about. This in itself was worth everything to me! Everything! It can be so hard to have to go over things again and again, and see how people react ect, and right off he never had a reaction and made me feel at ease. He was so kind, so professional, organized, and really knew how to work in a very fast and effective way to make everyone feel comfortable, get what he needed from everyone, even the kids, and maximized the limited time we had to get all the important pictures we needed. I would recommend Joey and his Colleagues over and over without any hesitation. Especially if you are getting Married at the Wayfarer's Chapel. We were so blessed to have had a dream wedding at a dream venue and the best photographers to capture it all! I feel like with your special day, you only have one chance to get things right, and one chance to capture it the way you hope it can be, and want the best you can get who can get it right, which we know without a doubt they did!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Derrick M

An absolutely wonderful experience for us - from "hello" to "I do". From our initial meeting at the studio, where we knew right away that this was the photography team that would capture our special day in the very best manner, style, and emotional vision. Their... Read More professionalism, insights, and wonderful sense of humor, really put us at ease and our family and guest. Every picture reflects the ease and fluid nature that was the style of our photographer, Henry. He captured the beauty and happiness of our wedding day, and we are forever thankful. Simply put, Joey Ikemoto and his team are Best in Class!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Elsbeth M

Joey did an amazing job at our wedding back in September. They were professional and fun, I got so many compliments on how amazing they were. The pictures came out beautiful and the entire process has been incredible!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Christina C

We definitely recommend Joey and his team! We had an amazing experience on our wedding day at Wayfarers Chapel- Henry and Kevin were our photographers and wow they were awesome!! All of my family loved them too, they really exceeded my expectations! I was so impressed they were... Read More able to get great photos while sticking to the strict Wayfarers timeline and be fun and reassuring (I'm usually not confident about being in pictures and feel awkward) all at the same time. I've been to quite a few weddings and have noticed that it's rare to have photographers with the creative talent for amazing pictures who can also be personable and fun while they're working; and it really makes such a difference at a wedding! We don't live in CA so all the planning was done via email and phone calls; Joey and Tracy were very helpful and patient with all of my questions leading up to our wedding, and there is no way it would have gone as smoothly as it did if it weren't for their expertise and suggestions. People say finding "the dress" is the big important decision when planning a wedding, but for me, finding the right photographer was the most important decision, and everything fell into place after we chose Joey Ikemoto Photography!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Calie H

Words cannot begin to express the memories of our wedding day that were captured! From the time we picked the venue, we knew Joey and his team would be the best to help us capture it! Planning was extremely easy and we were able to get the most built into the day with Joey's... Read More suggestions. He helped determine where we could catch the best light and even gave us options for the day, since you never know what the sunset will do. Our photographer, Sam, was non stop fun from the get go and was able to laugh with us and ensure the happiness from that day spilled through the camera. We were able to get a beautiful mix of candid and artistic photos from our day. Our guest kept commenting how they were a perfect mix of fun and professional, accommodating to get pictures on the fly. He was the best working with our flower girls (both age 4) and getting adorable photos of them. All of the pictures have come out perfect, and in the words of some of the family, they are "timeless and elegant, but we see your personalities come through!"

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Michele H

I can't say enough good things!! We traveled from Kansas City, Missouri to California for our wedding. I met Joey about 4 months before the wedding. I couldn't have been more pleased! He is professional and hilarious all at the same time. He had Sam photograph our wedding.... Read More I was extremely happy with the way our pictures came out. He kept everybody moving..met all of our needs!! I am very particular about my photos..so I wanted a lot to choose from. He did incredible!! I would highly recommend Joey Ikemoto to everyone. And when we come back to California. I will just have to have more photos taken. Also...I must mention Tracey who I first spoke to on the phone. He is GREAT. EVERYTHING WAS GREAT!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Nicole D

Joey Ikemoto's studio was SUPERB from the moment we started working with them until our goodbyes the wedding night. Our wedding was 9/3/2017 at Heritage Square Museum. Our photographer Henry and second shooter were 100% professional, knew how to direct both our families (bonus... Read More that Henry spoke Spanish for my husband's family!), and took the most beautiful photos. We had the worst heat wave in Glendale the weekend of our wedding and our photographers worked through it with ease. I honestly can't say enough amazing things about this studio. In addition, working with Joey himself for our engagement photos was a blast and he put us completely at ease and took amazing pictures. Thanks again to all of you!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Jason K

If I were rebranding this company, I'd call them Joey and The Ikemotos! They operated like a perfectly tuned band whose been playing together for years, with their own secondhand language that makes the entire process run smooth and by the numbers so that the stars of the show... Read More and supporting cast come out looking like rockstars! Thank you for the outstanding effort, working thru the hottest heatwave on record in The Valley and getting incredible photo coverage of the Ashenafi-Kelley Wedding. We couldn't be happier with choosing Joey and his team.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Joe M

We hired Joey Ikemoto Photography and had a wonderful experience with them. We worked with Sam during our wedding, and he was such a joy to work with. We loved him, our guests loved him, and he did a great job of making everyone and everything look great. We're very happy we... Read More chose to work with them!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Marise S

We selected Joey Ikemoto photography to photograph our wedding on July 2nd. Joey and his team were very organized and helped create a timeline for our big day to make sure we could get shots we wanted without stressing and gave options as to where to shoot photos after our... Read More ceremony. We are very happy with the quality of our pictures. Henry was our photographer, he and his assistant were very punctional and professional. We are glad we chose Joey Ikemoto photography to capture special moments on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Tiffany E

We really couldn't have been happier with our wedding photos from Joey Ikemoto Photography. Joey didn't cover our wedding, instead we had Sam. He was excellent. Your wedding is a exciting and stressful day and Sam was there to capture everything and make things a little... Read More easier. Joey himself was also amazing in the planning stages with helping us come up with a time line for our wedding. I planned my wedding myself and these guys were just the best. Everyone I spoke with that recognized them also told me they were the best. There is a reason these guys win all these awards- they are good!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Debbie S

I can't speak highly enough of Joey Ikemoto as my wedding photographer. Not only did he capture the emotion and love of the day, he was a wonderful resource for two of my other vendors--florist and videographer--who were excellent to work with as well. Joey and his staff are... Read More true professionals. My Fiance did not want to feel like he was being photographed all night long and Joey put him at ease during our engagement session and got all the shots I wanted on the wedding day without it feeling too staged or posed. By far, the best decision I made in planning my wedding was hiring Joey. If I could give him 10 stars, I would!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Elizabeth G

Joey and his team are absolutely amazing at what they do and are super fun to work with! Having Joey and his team with us on our wedding day definitely was the best decision we made and we feel that we got more than our money's worth! Before we knew it we were laughing and... Read More joking with them as if they were old friends. If you want someone who definitely knows what they are doing and loves photography then this is the team for you! Just relax and let them make the timeline and all will be well! I can't wait to continue to go back to their studio in Torrance for future mile stones :)

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Richard P

The best decision made. Absolute perfection from start to finish. All of our family members were delighted on their professionalism, detail oriented, and making everyone smile and laugh capturing one of THE most important day of your life. Photo angles and images are stellar and... Read More breathtaking. There's nothing more important than having the right photographer capture and save your life memories. Thank you Joey Ikemoto.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Yanique B

That moment when you're anxiously hunting for a photographer and you find yourself in conversation with Joey Ikemoto. You know you've found the perfect fit. His knowledge and charming personality reassures you and I can't say enough about the quality and artistry of the... Read More photographs. His pre-consultation also takes into account what you need/want and executes it exquisitely. As a plus sized bride he made me feel comfortable and at ease. Cost wise you are getting the best bang for your buck with this team. If you're looking for a photographer Joey Ikemoto Studios should be in your top tier of options. Lol scratch that he is your man no need to look further.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Christina M

We really could not have picked a better a better company than Joey's! From start to finish they have been nothing but professional, responsive and attentive. Joey and his assistant were so easy and fun to work with for our special day! They will definitely be our recommendation... Read More for any future weddings for family and friends.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Amanda F

Joey and his team are amazing! I've been getting compliments since our June 2nd wedding about how everyone loved our photographer. Not only does Joey take amazing photos, he also had everyone laughing and having fun. He is organized, great at getting everyone together and on the... Read More same page, and comes prepared with hairspray and Bobby pins. The pictures posted on his blog are amazing and we cannot wait to see the rest of our photos. Thank you Joey, Tracy, and the rest of you team for everything you did for us!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Stephen Q

Talk about feeling blessed. On a recommendation from my bride's friend, we selected Joey Ikemoto Photography for our March wedding. It was the best decision we made. Joey assigned Sam to be our lead photographer for our engagement and wedding photos. Sam is an amazing... Read More photographer with an excellent eye for capturing the moment. He has a great personality and works well with people of all ages. We appreciate his kindness and thoughtfulness for elders and his patience and youthful spirit with the kids. Sam was assisted by Stephan. As a team, these two worked well together. These gentlemen are professional, creative and understanding. As my wife and I look at the photos for our album. Its really hard to separate the great ones from the best ones because all of the various shots are wonderful in our eyes. Thank you Joey Ikemoto Photography for giving us a lifetime of memories!