Johnnie's Sweet Creations

Johnnie's Sweet Creations

8419 S. Western Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK

Beautiful and Delicious Cake

3/15/2014 Amy S

The team at Johnnie's was very helpful during our meeting and let us try all types of cake. We were only there for about 45 minutes and had our wedding and groom cake picked out. The cakes were delivered on time and looked absolutely gorgeous! They tasted great too! Our guest loved the cakes! One of the best parts of Johnnie's is that on our year anniversary, they will recreate the top layer for us for only $10! We had a great experience at Johnnie's Bakery!

Cake

2/08/2014 Monique N

Great

Wonderful!

1/11/2014 Brooke W

When we started planning our wedding, I knew we would get our cakes from Johnnie's. Everything I've ordered from there in the past has been excellent, and our wedding cakes were no exception. We told the baker our vision, and the cakes arrived to the wedding exactly how we pictured them. Also, they were the most delicious tasting cakes I've ever enjoyed. Thanks, Johnnie's Sweet Creations!

Owner Hung Up On Me

6/29/2013 Sara H

Yeah, read this review before you go there. I ordered my wedding cake from Johnnies one year ago this Sunday.Our first meeting was terrible, so we called. A manager agreed to personally do our consultation and it was an excellent experience so we went ahead and booked. At the time of the booking we were told that we did not need to purchase a topper to be set aside because in a year they would remake my wedding cake for me. How awesome is that? Yeah, too good to be true. I called them today to order my replica and was informed that the pricing would be $10. Eh, I thought it was free based off the impression from the consult but it's $10 but that's ok I guess. I send them a picture of my cake as they requested, and call to confirm flavors. I am then informed that the design I had on my cake was too detailed (It was a scripture written around it) and that my cake would cost $20. WHAT?! That can't be right. So I then speak to a manager, who informs me that it is in fact correct and it will cost $20. So I then speak to the Owner, Bruce, who when answering the phone barely lets me get my name out before he goes on to tell me his manager told him everything, my cake is going to cost $20 and where else could I get that good of a price? My point isn't that it's a price, my point is that it was suppose to be free and now a simple 6' cake is costing me $20! The conversation ended with me upset, informing him I had recommended Johnnies cakes to everyone I knew but they would no longer be getting my recommendations and in fact I would be writing reviews of my experience. His words to follow were along the lines of, you will go write bad reviews over $20?! Followed by him hanging up on me. They may have good cakes, but spend your money elsewhere! THEY DO NOT ACT LIKE THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Delicious and beautiful, but service could be better

5/17/2014 Audrey M

The only reason that I can't give this bakery 5 stars overall is because of their "wedding consultant." The bakers themselves are excellent; the cake tasted and looked good, and was delivered on time. However, I almost walked out of the initial consultation because the consultant seemed so uninterested in volunteering any information or helping me in any way. She was able to answer most of my questions, or ask someone else in order to find out, but I had to ask about EVERYTHING because no information was volunteered, and I did not feel that my business was appreciated. All that being said, I did have to call and make some changes to the order later, and she was able to get all of that information recorded appropriately, so everything came out right in the end. Overall, this is a very good business, but their consultants either need more training, or need to just care a little more.

Delicious

10/20/2013 Erica S

This cake was awesome! We had white cake with cream cheese frosting and a few fondant accents. It tasted and looked great! I personally thought it was a tad pricey, but I don't really have anything to compare costs to. Would definitely recommend.

Quality and Value at Johnnie's in OKC

6/15/2013 Paige W

I ordered my wedding cake and sheet cakes from Johnnie's. I came in with a clear idea of what I wanted, and our consultant listened to us diligently. Luckily, they already had a cake that was similar to what I wanted, but some of the details were different than what I had in my head. But it was no problem--I was able to customize details like colors and style without any upcharge in price. Our consultant talked us through the details and made sure we were all on the same page as far as the price of the cake was concerned. The cake itself was absolutely beautiful. The cherry blossom flowers were not made of fondant like many bakeries use these days, but they were made of butter cream icing, and they looked even better and more realistic than they would have with fondant (and they didn't cost as much as fondant would have!). The taste was also superb--it had the traditional wedding cake taste, but the cream cheese icing on the outside really made it an excellent quality cake. And we got all of this--a three-tiered, square wedding cake with cream cheese icing and cherry blossom flowers that served 180 people, plus two sheet cakes that served 40 each, all for less than $500. When we weighed our options with other vendors, another place wanted $800-900 for just the wedding cake, and we didn't even get to see what it would look like (they were also going to use fondant, which is what made it so expensive). Johnnie's went above and beyond for us, and I would recommend them to anyone with a low budget who wants a great-tasting and good-looking wedding cake.

Attention to Detail

6/29/2013 T W

I was pleased at how the cake tasted however I was disappointed about a couple of things. I had to call several time to verify if they received the picture with instructions for my grooms cake...each time I called the person would confirm the picture was received. I called a couple of days before my wedding and they claim they couldn't find order at all and they would have to call me back. They called back later that day to say they found my order that was completely paid for. I called one final time the day before the wedding to confirm they received the pic with instructions. They did have the picture so I thought I would read over the instructions about what goes on the cake even though I had gone over this previously with the person that took my order in person and over the phone several times. Their response was well if you want these designs then your cake wont be delivered at the scheduled time it will be an hour later. Even though I was disappointed I agreed. I took all the things I was supposed to supply for my wedding cake months before my wedding day again with instructions and simply left my cell number in case they had any questions or ran out of anything. After all this I get to my wedding day and looked at my wedding cake and was immediately disappointed my cake looked unfinished....the cake topper I supplied was left off the cake. If that was not bad enough I went to the bakery to let them know I was disappointed and all they offered was a $25.00 gift certificate....I spent almost $900 and all they offered was 25.00.....completely disappointed.

delicious cake!

6/08/2013 Taylor P

Great service, delicious cake, and good price! The only thing I didn't like was that they took the cake boxes with them so we had to get really creative with taking the leftover cake home.

Yummy cake for a good price

6/07/2013 Macy M

I had a very formal wedding with many people and expensive taste. Johnnies did my cake and it was the best cake anyone had ever had is what they all told me! Everyone said it was the best and most beautiful cake. I agree! Guests love to see that at a wedding. Very good and I suggest everyone going here!

Great!

6/01/2013 Katelynn F

Cake was beautiful and delicious. Very greatly priced compared to other vendors in the area.

Best cakes!!

4/06/2013 Kathryn B

I love Johnnie's Sweet Creations! We use them for EVERYTHING that we do! Our Wedding cake and Groom's cookie cake was amazing and just like we wanted them! They taste so good and last a long time!! Very pleased with them!

Cakes

10/06/2012 Sarah R

So perfect

Delicious and affordable!!

8/11/2012 Leigh Ann S

The cakes from Johnnie's were FANTASTIC! They were moist and tasty. We really enjoyed the staff and how easily they would work with our specifications. It was one of the easiest vendors we worked with. Both cakes totaled less than $700.

Yummy wedding cake

6/16/2012 Nikki S

Our cakes were perfect! Both the wedding cake and grooms cake turned out amazing! It was exactly like we had discussed and both were super yummy. I highly recommend Johnnie's! They won't disappoint you!

Very affordable

5/12/2012 Madelaine T

This place was great! Gave me exactly the cake design I wanted and had a great price.

Perfect cake

3/03/2012 Lynsey B

Cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!

Tastes Great!

2/11/2012 Jessica M

Johnnies offers a cake tasting at no additional charge, which was a major plus since we struggled finding a bakery that offered such. Why would you buy a wedding cake without knowing what it was going to taste like? Thoroughly enjoyed the tasting as we were able to choose multiple flavors and fillings. The cakes arrived on time and were done nicely. Best of all, everyone raved about the moist cake with the wonderful buttercream icing! My mouth is watering thinking about it! Great quality at a great price!

Price great and cake was just as ordered

1/20/2012 Brenda L

Johnnie's did not do anything over-the-top to make them stand out and refused to make fondant cake toppers for us. However, the cake looked just as we had hoped was delivered on time and in one piece. It was beautiful and the price was great compared to other local vendors. Just as during the taste test, the bride and groom's cakes were delicious! (wedding cake flavored with cream cheese icing and red velvet with cream cheese icing.) But, if you want anything too detailed or different, anything particularly creative, this may not be your place.

Our Wedding and Grooms cake

12/17/2011 Sarah T

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I had envisioned! Our grooms cake was such a huge hit there was nothing left of it by the end of the night! Very delicious!

DELICIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL

11/11/2011 Rachel C

my husband chose to have an xbox 360 looking cake with a controller and it looked so cute just like an xbox. i chose a three tier cake with designs and flowers they did an absolutely stunning job the cake tasted awesome in fact i'd love to buy another one just to have another slice lol. highly recommendable!

It was pretty

9/29/2011 Carolynne F

Our cake was pretty and it tasted good. however, the order was to have filling in between the layers, but the layers were vertical not horizontal - don't know how they did that. Also, the cake was anchored together so the layers could not be taken apart. At least it tasted good. they had lots of variety for flavors and fillings.

Super

9/24/2011 Laurie J

My cake was better than I imagined and the grooms cake was super unique.

A Great Cake :)

9/03/2011 Christy F

We loved our wedding cake from Johnnie's, as it was beautiful, and VERY delicious!!! It was definitely the cake I always imagined for our wedding! I applaud the bakers for their outstanding job! The only things that I didn't care for was, for one, that we could not pay for our cake over the phone by credit card or could not mail a money order to the bakery, but instead had to be there in person to pay. Since we planned a lot of our wedding long distance (we were in AZ though our wedding was in my homestate of OK), this was inconvenient for us. Second, it would have been nice to have a bit more communication on Johnnie's part just for peace of mind that everything was going along to plan....all in all, I would still recommend Johnnie's as they do a beautiful job and their cake was delicious!!!

Wedding Cake